General

Topic   Wrestling Discussion

Sun
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
2-Oct-2019(#1)
This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/General/wrestling-discussion--60...










Other thread was closed...so here we are.

Anyone else excited for AEW Dynamite tonight?
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 22-Sep-2021(#161)
Sam wrote:
> Sting Vs. Hogan in AEW will be the ultimate exercise in modern wrestling fan hypocrisy

The majority of fans are pissy about old guys coming back to win world titles and become the primary focus of the shows, like Goldberg recently. When AEW does something like that with guys as terrible at wrestling as Goldberg, instead of having actually good veterans help put over the younger guys like they have been, you'll have a point.

Haven't heard anything about Hogan coming to AEW and I doubt they have any interest in him.
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
22-Sep-2021(#162)
Anyhow Danielson vs Omega was fudging great and they pulled a classic ROH style time limit draw. Incredible in ring work but an even better excuse to justify an eventual rematch.
akfa
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
23-Sep-2021(#163)
some posts in here looking like the comments in wrestling twitter, lol
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews 23 year anniversary at Game Trading Zone today!
23-Sep-2021(#164)
Rick Steiner's son Bron Breakker is pretty damn good. I'm impressed. I checked his wiki to see how long he's been wrestling before NXT and it says he only made his debut in October last year and was signed by WWE in February this year, so he's not been at it very long but he picked up quick. The name they gave him kinda sucks, but like other released guys have admitted, he might've been the one who chose it himself.

akfa
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
23-Sep-2021(#165)
>
>>
>> Noticed way too late everyone in AEW is a white guy besides Cody's wife lol
>
> Huh? Hobbs, Big Swole, Jade Cargil, Red Velvet, Fuego, Shida, Starks, Ortiz, Santana,
> etc etc etc.

Lucha Bros, Max Caster, Bowens, Andrade, Hook, Taz, Excalibur, Miro (does he count as white?), Thunder Rosa, Sammy, Top Flight, Private Party, is this really even a thing?
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
23-Sep-2021(#166)
@akfa between your post and mine, we named like half the roster lol. "Just white guys" my tush.

However Excalibur is stark white.
Sam
Has Written 5 Reviews
(abandoned)
23-Sep-2021(#167)
I'm not really trying to troll or argue about it since it goths me out so much but Bret's behavior towards Vince is why Owen even had to do the stunt, and Bret is still a giant mark for himself to this day
Sam
Has Written 5 Reviews
(abandoned)
23-Sep-2021(#168)
Anyway.. I googled it and theres tons of articles about AEWs fake diversity/token bullcrap lol https://dailyddt.com/2021/08/13/aew-diversity-lack...

i didn't even see any of these before i called it out.. but yeah AEW is like the racist incel pro wrestling company even tho I know you guys are cool-ish.


"I told Brandi one time that I don't see color and she said 'well, then you don't see my experience,'" - @CodyRhodes on how being in an interracial marriage has helped with diversity in @AEWrestling and why diversity will be a way of life and not a publicity stunt.

Lol
Sam
Has Written 5 Reviews
(abandoned)
23-Sep-2021(#169)
TNA lategame comeback after they hook David Benoit up with a job
Sam
Has Written 5 Reviews
(abandoned)
23-Sep-2021(#170)
Jaw to Cody: You dont have a girlfriend
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 23-Sep-2021(#171)
Lol Sam my man, you are the source of misinformation. Try, you know, to not.

Do we need to call somebody, are you okay?
akfa
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
23-Sep-2021(#172)
theJaw wrote:
> @akfa between your post and mine, we named like half the roster lol. "Just white
> guys" my tush.
>
> However Excalibur is stark white.

oh ok did not know that, i stand corrected on him
akfa
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 23-Sep-2021(#173)
i love the 'Vince does no wrong' mindset. I don't even care if you like wwe, or love wwe, or whatever, I think you should watch whatever makes you happiest and you find fun, but saying things like the company has only one non white person is just dumb and can be proven wrong at any point. I personally like to watch because it's super fun to me, and I don't typically engage in the shenanigans, but I can't help but wonder what makes people so hostile towards a wrestling product. Were you like this in the 90s when WCW was around? Articles like the one posted, which talk about "Shida being relegated to Dark" aren't even sensical- most of the stars cycle through Dark and they use it sometimes as a way to get W's and shake up the rankings. Britt Baker, before her title shot, spent a few weeks getting W's on Dark (not dynamite) to get a winning streak going. There's nothing wrong with Shida being there and wrestling there, she'll cycle her way back into the mix in no time.
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 23-Sep-2021(#174)
I mean it's Sam, all that dude does is post bullcrap so it's not surprising. But I agree 100%, grown ass men acting like crapty kids over pro wrestling is about as bottom of the barrel as one gets.

Also Shida was Women's champion for over a year. So that article can get the literal fudge outta here with the "regulated" BS. I'm sure Sam, and the writer of said article, doesn't follow the product and just craps on it to be the edgy wrestling fan. And not for nothing Dark and Elevation are still well received by fans because they feature good wrestling - so what's to complain about?

But to be honest, they probably were like that when WCW was around. That's where all this stems from. Because WWE retold the story of that ratings war as if it were a LITERAL OH MY GOD WAR TAKE US SERIOUSLY war, now all their diehard dork fans take any competition personally. It's fudgein DORKY.
akfa
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
23-Sep-2021(#175)
yeah, a couple times i've ventured into "wrestling twitter" and it's like hell in there. just raging insanity. oh well. i'll just keep watching what i enjoy and everyone else can do the same, and have a blast.
Sam
Has Written 5 Reviews
(abandoned)
23-Sep-2021(#176)
I thought AEW guys were the edgy wrestling botchamania fans... but yeah... i watch AEW...i wouldn't kick them any money tho. its just really cringy to see the new trendy fans hate on WWE while cheering on wrestlers from WWE while using WWE crowdchants. Basically what bugs me most about AEW is how the crowd is seemingly all one type of wrestling nerd. Feels even less like wrestling than Lucha Underground did, but in a different and more sterile way imo. Cody has a weird preconceived beef with Vince because of him equating Stardust with Vince making his dad wear polka dots, but the fact of the matter is that Cody just isn't all that great at wrestling (80 year old Dustin is miles better still) and Stardust, if not dashing/masked Cody was the most interesting crap he's ever done. So I guess blame Cody's main character syndrome on Vince. Dude is so desperate to get the brand over he got a tattoo on his face to appeal to gen Z, which is admirable or whatever...but again, slightly cringe. It's really weird and offensive to me that AEW copies ECW and old WWF Bret Hart matches but the AEW fans think ECW/WWF is trash. Also weird that AEW fans suddenly have nostalgia goggles for good ol' boy WCW, which at times sucked to a level WWF could never aspire to and held down legends that only got to shine because they went on to WWF. Using Owen's ghost to get over is scummier and cheaper than something even Vince would do...somehow. You guys are getting worked by Vince to believe in his Mr. Mcmahon wrestling character. I'm amused that AEW fans have bought in so hard and fast and become disrespectful to everything that's come before it just because this is the first promotion to start off with the benefit of having contemporary social media.

*punches light bulb out*

Jaw, every post you make seems like you're tweaking on vyvanse/ritalin, and I've already got the smoking skull belt from that match you tapped out of.. Cody's gonna ban you from watching AEW for a month over that politically incorrect mental health crack....
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
23-Sep-2021(#177)
Oh I certainly didn't read any of that.
Sam
Has Written 5 Reviews
(abandoned)
24-Sep-2021(#178)
I kept it half as long as one of ur posts so i thought youd be able to speed thru it like a chapter of a marvel comic book

image
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 24-Sep-2021(#179)
lol bud, don't pretend like you had ever heard of Bearcat Wright before seeing that incredibly-edited tweet collage.

It'd be super cool if WWE could just build up a new star, call him Keith Lee (gasp), and not have to hearken back to another wrestler of color just because of his color. Wild concept, I know, but that's WWE for ya.

Can't wait for Chad "Hitman" Gable since he and Bret Hart are both white dudes!!! Yes WWE!!!!
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 24-Sep-2021(#180)
Eff it, I'll give you a comic book chapter since I can't sleep.


Sam wrote:
> I thought AEW guys were the edgy wrestling botchamania fans... but yeah... i watch
> AEW...i wouldn't kick them any money tho.

You'd know there were more people of color than just Brandi Rhodes if you actually watched AEW. Yoooou don't... and that's okay (just stop pretending you do in order to complain).

> its just really cringy to see the new
> trendy fans hate on WWE while cheering on wrestlers from WWE while using WWE crowdchants.

This is just internet/twitter fans. And to be fair, you're acting like this exact fan but just swinging in WWE's direction instead. You MUST realize this. The people you see chanting "YES" for Danielson VERY likely don't give a fudge about what folks on the internet are talking about.

And CM Punk/Bryan Danielson/Adam Cole... they're not "wrestlers from WWE". They're wrestlers who worked for WWE, who WWE would never have signed in a hundred million years if they weren't already popular and buzzworthy enough by the time of their signing. Come on now.

Also, fans have been hating on WWE for fudging decades now. The people dying on WWE's hill to this day have been hating on WWE for decades, just now deciding that they apparently can't live without sucking Vince's boner.

I stuck around for a while, and I still enjoy a bit of WWE's output, but sometimes it's okay to just call a spade a spade and not get as offended about it as you are. Just because folks now enjoy AEW doesn't make them "trendy" solely because you legitimately try NOT to enjoy it. And weirdly enough, several folks who criticized WWE for all those years suddenly seem like diehard "us vs them" dorks. If you're basing your argument off the same fans you claim to, you DEFINITELY need to acknowledge the toxicity from WWE diehards or it seems like you're just talking crap to talk crap.

> Basically what bugs me most about AEW is how the crowd is seemingly all one type
> of wrestling nerd. Feels even less like wrestling than Lucha Underground did, but
> in a different and more sterile way imo.

Yeah.... this is just a silly take. AEW can be just as "sports entertainment" as WWE while being just as "indie darling" as ROH, saying that there's only "one type of wrestling nerd" who enjoy AEW would insinuate there's only one type of wrestling style in AEW. Maaaaaybe might wanna look at WWE though. They LEGITIMATELY train folks to wrestle one style, with a limited moveset, and if THEIR dorky diehard fans aren't "nerds" to you, might be because you're a nerd eh?

> Cody has a weird preconceived beef with
> Vince because of him equating Stardust with Vince making his dad wear polka dots,
> but the fact of the matter is that Cody just isn't all that great at wrestling (80
> year old Dustin is miles better still) and Stardust, if not dashing/masked Cody was
> the most interesting crap he's ever done. So I guess blame Cody's main character
> syndrome on Vince. Dude is so desperate to get the brand over he got a tattoo on
> his face to appeal to gen Z, which is admirable or whatever...but again, slightly
> cringe.

You don't know why he got that crapty neck tat, don't pretend like you do. You always say silly stuff like you have any actual insight whatsoever but it's really all just insinuations. Cody just seems to be a tool in real life, and got a tool tattoo. No real need to read into it like a conspiracy theorist to shame "gen z" for whatever reason. You also have no insight into his personal life other than he was sick of feeling held down in WWE and he likes to acknowledge it. Again you're just sorta projecting a mindset onto this dude because it seems you want another reason to be "edgy" and poop on something people are enjoying. Sorta your MO.

That said, saying he's not a good wrestler is laughable, especially if you're the type to crap on AEW's more indie style of wrestling considering Cody's 85% old school move set.

> It's really weird and offensive to me that AEW copies ECW and old WWF Bret
> Hart matches but the AEW fans think ECW/WWF is trash.

LOOOOL now I KNOW you're just referencing random articles to be an edgelord. "Copies old WWF Bret Hard matches"... oh because CM Punk did ONE SPOT that was an homage to a Bret Hart match literally LAST WEEK? Get the fudge outta here with that goofy crap, there were SEEEEVERAL AEW fans acknowledging and appreciating that spot... wild how that works. (Personally, I didn't even realize it.)

Pretending like EVERY SINGLE AEW fan (as if you personally know every single AEW fan) craps on ECW or WWF is also decently goofy. Again, a projection to have another thing to complain about on the internet imo. This is what I mean, you tend to just group anyone who enjoys AEW into one demographic and that proves that you're just trying to dick on a company or their fans for daring to present wrestling on a national scale outside WWE.

> Also weird that AEW fans suddenly
> have nostalgia goggles for good ol' boy WCW, which at times sucked to a level WWF
> could never aspire to and held down legends that only got to shine because they went
> on to WWF.

If you don't have nostalgia for early-90s WCW, when WCW's in-ring product was miles above WWF, then you're not a wrestling fan. Plain and simple. And LOTS of folks love late-game WCW even if I personally think it was definitely very awful.

Sounding like a broken record here but, again, this is an example of one projecting their own personal opinions onto an entire fanbase just to whine on the ol' web. "Oh I think WCW was objectively bad so all these folks claiming to have enjoyed it are LYING AND NERDY JUST CAUSE OF MY PRECIOUS WWE pls look at me no one in real life does." -the Saminator, Samtown, SammyLean.

> Using Owen's ghost to get over is scummier and cheaper than something
> even Vince would do...somehow.

Despite your earlier comment, it's been well documented that it was Vince's decision to have Owen go along with the stunt. He had even brought up being uncomfortable. Had a literal nothing to do with Bret Hart (weird, another baseless insinuation that you couldn't prove if you tried).

AEW didn't even announce the Owen deal on TV yet... trying to pretend they're using Owen's "ghost" to "get over" is fudging stupid. Especially when you consider it was OWEN'S WIFE that ultimately made the decision to allow it. It wasn't just AEW strong-arming the situation, very obviously. This wouldn't have happened without the consent of Owen's family, as has been made VERY obvious by how his widow constantly turned down WWE. In a way, vilifying AEW for honoring Owen under his own wife's wishes is just another very WWE-esque way of painting HER as the "bad guy" yet again. WWE and Vince are always in the clear, have definitely never done anything to cause distrust among the Hart family....

> You guys are getting worked by Vince to believe in
> his Mr. Mcmahon wrestling character.

My man, you legit believed WWE and AEW were owned by the same people as late as a few months ago in order to try to justify why AEW was getting popular. If anyone is getting worked, it's you... but literally in this case. You could have real easily looked up corporate licenses, but instead just pretended to know something that was entirely false. Classic Sammy Jean (is not my lover).

Vince legit made a blood money deal with the prince of SAUDI ARABIA, the regime behind the 9/11 attacks, solely for a huge payday. For someone whining about lack of diversity or weird inapplicable incel crap, you defending this sort of wild behavior is yet another piece of evidence toward you just trolling for trolling's sake. Quit pretending to have any legit ideals just to whine about wrestling when you're going to defend a dude who has been #1 shadiest dude ever since he took over WWE.

> I'm amused that AEW fans have bought in so
> hard and fast and become disrespectful to everything that's come before it just because
> this is the first promotion to start off with the benefit of having contemporary
> social media.

Not to pile it on but by god this is a garbage take too. Again, you're just projecting this stupid image of AEW fans onto them in your own head, which DEFINITELY doesn't make it reality. Wild how you felt this way the second AEW was announced, and have now written a novel to justify your 2-year old take but using crap that has only taken place/been reported on within the past month to do so. Feels a bit like you lost interest in talking about this stuff, then came back to it real quick for the lulz.

WWE diehards (I won't say "fans", of which I am one), are the most disrespectful chickens on the planet. They look at everything Vince does as if it's just the most perfect idea ever, and insinuate any wrestler hired by WWE owe their very existence to them. You yourself called the guys in AEW "wrestlers from WWE" as if they didn't make a huge name for themselves not just in the indies, but in companies JUST AS IMPORTANT AS WWE, like NJPW. I am truly sorry if NJPW isn't American enough for you to take seriously, but Omega was a star long before AEW - as were plenty of other guys who also happened to work for WWE.

Gotta mention too that it's sorta lame to suggest that AEW or its fans (again, as if they all exist in a hive mind) disrespect wrestling history when that company has done way more to acknowledge wrestling history in a positive manner within the past 2 years than WWE has done in its entire history. Honoring Owen Hart? No that's just fudging DUMB, let WWE just fudge over his family for years, paint his widow as insane for not wanting anything to do with them, and, oh, legitimately kill him.

>
> *punches light bulb out*

*some lame comment in stars to not come off as dorky as I definitely do*

>
> Jaw, every post you make seems like you're tweaking on vyvanse/ritalin, and I've
> already got the smoking skull belt from that match you tapped out of.. Cody's gonna
> ban you from watching AEW for a month over that politically incorrect mental health
> crack....
>

Calm down, nerd.



I know you're just a troll at heart, literally everything you post is to gain a reaction like ya Twitter bois, but the easiness in arguing your points simply rose in me like my undying love for you . love
Sam
Has Written 5 Reviews
(abandoned)
24-Sep-2021(#181)
You got me on saudi arabia, I made the FB comment collage out of the first wrestling thread that popped up after scrolling for a second. And nah theres like 14 spots CM punk copied in there, theres a good side by side vid
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews 23 year anniversary at Game Trading Zone today!
25-Sep-2021(#182)
Roman Reigns vs Montez Ford last night was pretty damn good. Ford proved he's got what it takes to be a star (at least for anyone who may have still had their doubts). If I was Dawkins I'd be praying every night that they don't get split up in the upcoming draft, because he's gonna wind up being the Jannetty for sure.

theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
25-Sep-2021(#183)
Fudging Homicide is in AEW now. Stoked. That Suzuki/Archer vs Mox/Kingston match was pretty good too.

Punk vs Hobbs was also a really good match, I wouldn't mind seeing them go at it again at some point.

theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
26-Sep-2021(#184)
Anybody in here play Fire Pro Wrestling World, or more specifically the newish Fire Promoter mode? It takes some getting used to but I just set up my promotion and it's some fun stuff.
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews 23 year anniversary at Game Trading Zone today!
26-Sep-2021(#185)
I bought FPWW a couple years ago on Steam when it was still in early access, but never actually played it. I bought a new PC last week, I think I should start diving into my Steam library one of these days.

theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 26-Sep-2021(#186)
PizzaTheHutt wrote:
> I bought FPWW a couple years ago on Steam when it was still in early access, but
> never actually played it. I bought a new PC last week, I think I should start diving
> into my Steam library one of these days.
>
>

Definitely give it a go, it's a great game. Bit of a learning curve - it doesn't play like your usual 2D wrestling game, but I find the gameplay a lot more satisfying. I assume you've played older Fire Pros though, so you probably already know that.

If you ever get into Fire Promoter and into this idea, we should have a legit draft and book shows vs. each other and post results. Only one of us can have any given wrestler in our promotion's save data so it can be like a legit "ratings war" for the funs.
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
26-Sep-2021(#187)
Holy crap, WWE just booked the single worst finish to a wrestling match I've ever seen in my fudging life. It really does seem like they're going out of their way to make jokes of all the wrestlers fans actually want to see. Bring back the Demon to have him lose via a slapstick comedy routine, more or less.
shadyfozzie
Triple Gold Good Trader
27-Sep-2021(#188)
theJaw wrote:
> Holy crap, WWE just booked the single worst finish to a wrestling match I've ever
> seen in my fudging life. It really does seem like they're going out of their way
> to make jokes of all the wrestlers fans actually want to see. Bring back the Demon
> to have him lose via a slapstick comedy routine, more or less.

I just read the report... Seriously, you BREAK THE TOP ROPE?? How pathetic..
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 27-Sep-2021(#189)
They did this whole thing where Finn was knocked out and then you "hear" his heartbeat over the PA while the ring flooded with Fiend-like red lights and smoke poured from under the ring. So Finn started doing this goofy flopping on the floor, but when he popped up he looked legit menacing before putting the hurt on Roman.

It was actually very cool to see, and then him spookily climbing the ropes was a great visual. Then he just.... stood there and the rope broke. Finn crashed to the mat, the houselights IMMEDIATELY came back on (which made the whole thing come off way sillier than it already was), he started complaining about his knee, then got blasted with a spear from Roman to end it.

Truly the worst finish to a match I've ever seen. I'd watch Yokozuna slip off the middle rope a hundred times over before I ever watch that BS again. Why even introduce this weird Demon trance moment with all these wild effects just to have that crap happen? It HAD to have been a joke of some sort.

I really don't want to be negative to WWE all the time and the rest of the show was okay for the most part, but they just CONSTANTLY make the stupidest gosh darn decisions imaginable. They're always undercutting their own show and talent. It's exhausting.
shadyfozzie
Triple Gold Good Trader
27-Sep-2021(#190)
Balor deserves more than that garbage ending.. I wonder what would have been if he didn't get injured when he was the first champion.
mcorrado
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
27-Sep-2021(#191)
Can only hope he makes his way to AEW when the contract is up
lazarro
Double Gold Good Trader
27-Sep-2021(#192)
Guess I didn't miss much by not watching the payperview
Sun
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
27-Sep-2021(#193)
I thought Bianca might actually get the title when she reserved the Disarmer into a potential KOD, but Sasha interfering made sense to protect both of them.
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
27-Sep-2021(#194)
Sun wrote:
> I thought Bianca might actually get the title when she reserved the Disarmer into
> a potential KOD, but Sasha interfering made sense to protect both of them.

Yah that was fine, and should be a pretty great triple threat if given a good amount of time.
lazarro
Double Gold Good Trader
27-Sep-2021(#195)
Looks like Alexa Bliss going to take time off to reinvent herself or i should say creative will.

Interesting who is booked to challenge Charlotte
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews 23 year anniversary at Game Trading Zone today!
27-Sep-2021(#196)
lazarro wrote:
> Interesting who is booked to challenge Charlotte

I was hoping for Asuka's return, but in a recent photo her arm is still in a sling.
shadyfozzie
Triple Gold Good Trader
27-Sep-2021(#197)
PizzaTheHutt wrote:
> lazarro wrote:
>> Interesting who is booked to challenge Charlotte
>
> I was hoping for Asuka's return, but in a recent photo her arm is still in a sling.
>
Probably someone like Doudrop
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
27-Sep-2021(#198)
Doudrop (Piper Niven) is a legitimately great wrestler. Another one watered down by WWE ten fold.
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
28-Sep-2021(#199)
lazarro
Double Gold Good Trader
28-Sep-2021(#200)
Crap wwe turning bayzler a babyface
Keith lee a heel?


Oh wait one more

Eva Marie being attacked for a possible draft switch to smackdown

What other surprises can I find reading the news of wrestling These days
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews 23 year anniversary at Game Trading Zone today!
28-Sep-2021(#201)
Sounds like they are close to getting SummerSlam 2022 to take place in UK. That's pretty damn cool, I know the time zone differences are what makes it difficult to do those types of things live (and in 1992 there obviously wasn't spoilers on the internet before it aired in the US), but for a long time I've been wanting them to do another major PPV overseas with the convenience of WWE Network/Peacock.

Topic   Wrestling Discussion