General_Marketplace

Topic   chatting Official Discussion Thread - For Discussion of the Steals Thread Only

Lunar
Fwooom! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 21-Mar-2017(#1)
Want to discuss about @Jeff's awesome steals thread but don't want to interrupt the flow? Feel free to discuss anything about the thread here.

Let's go. Feel free to rip someone a new one here.

Super Nintendo Nintendo Entertainment System Nintendo GameCube Nintendo Wii triforce
image
Sega Sega Saturn Sega CD Sega Dreamcast
NEC PC Engine NEC Super CD-ROM 2 Sega Genesis PlayStation PlayStation 2 Nall
tonymack21
Dilly Dally Shilly Shally! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Has Written 3 Reviews
23-Mar-2017(#81)
Or if ecurrency is being used, I'm always interested in it myself, use it in an appropriate value to what you took, don't take a 30 dollar savings and offer a 10 dollar savings.. frictions percentage idea may help with that.

image
sig and avatar by NathanOfLight

GTZ online ID Database
Jeff
GameTZ Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Gold Global Trader (7)
23-Mar-2017(#82)
I like a lot of the ideas that are being discussed. The great thing about this thread is the simplicity, however, there are some people who abused the thread to take an advantage. That is the main major pitfall and needs to be addressed.

I don't want to further complicate things by integrating formulas and having people have to calculate their values, etc in order to post a steal. That wasn't the goal of the thread. Justin had a great idea with the + only (whoever gets the most, etc)... I have some ideas in that may be integrated to just test the waters.

I may also even have people assist with the thread (that can also participate) to help regulate the fairness of steals, etc. Those people would be point of contacts if others have any questions regarding fairness, etc.

One of the major pitfalls of this thread is that I cannot:

1.) Delete posts
2.) Bar people from participating (yes, I can put it in the main post -- do not sell to this person)

unless it becomes part of my personal forum, which then we lose the publicity aspect of the thread to help bring more users in. If that were the case, I think more users would be more likely to abide by the rules rather than trying to skate on by.

I think one major aspect that we will also try is if someone dibs your item, there has to be some way for the community to speak out (without using negs) to say "this guy isnt offering a fair steal in return" and then negate that dib. Consequences are a must if you're going to try to skate on by.

When I introduce the tier idea, it should be relatively easy to follow.



Jeff
Dustin
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
23-Mar-2017(#83)
Adding all these stipulations and tiers and rules is going to kill this idea. Just an FYI.
Jeff
GameTZ Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Gold Global Trader (7)
23-Mar-2017(#84)
Dustin wrote:
> Adding all these stipulations and tiers and rules is going to kill this idea. Just
> an FYI.

It's been said before many times, and that's understood. We have to have some kind of regulation in place in order to keep the reciprocation cycle going. If it dies out because of that, that's fine.

However, nobody wants to feel taken by someone who dibs an $80 item and offers a $30 PSN gift card for $15.




Jeff
tonymack21
Dilly Dally Shilly Shally! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Has Written 3 Reviews
* 23-Mar-2017(#85)
I think the only pitfall to the idea of whoever gets the most plusses gets the steal based on what they are going to offer next is that a few people have a disproportionate amount of really good stuff as opposed to others, and we fall into the trap of it only being for a few people. If user A can offer something kind of decent like horizon for 20 but user B can offer super 1337 system bundle worth 120 for 60 then little user is never going to get anything.

Unless I'm not understanding correctly how that voting system would work.

image
sig and avatar by NathanOfLight

GTZ online ID Database
Lunar
Fwooom! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
23-Mar-2017(#86)
I hate stipulations as much as everyone else but without them, people will always try to take advantage.

I agree that restrictions will slow down the thread and make it less exciting, but maybe that's the price we gotta pay to weed out the bad guys.

Super Nintendo Nintendo Entertainment System Nintendo GameCube Nintendo Wii triforce
image
Sega Sega Saturn Sega CD Sega Dreamcast
NEC PC Engine NEC Super CD-ROM 2 Sega Genesis PlayStation PlayStation 2 Nall
Lunar
Fwooom! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
23-Mar-2017(#87)
Also, mystery bundles should be prohibited here. After seeing what seems to be old Nintendo handhelds picked up from a garage sale that cost $100, I don't even see friggin chargers.

Those were supposed to be steals?

There were two other $100 bundles sold I believe, just waiting for those to confirm these mystery bundles are rip offs.


Super Nintendo Nintendo Entertainment System Nintendo GameCube Nintendo Wii triforce
image
Sega Sega Saturn Sega CD Sega Dreamcast
NEC PC Engine NEC Super CD-ROM 2 Sega Genesis PlayStation PlayStation 2 Nall
GeeWiz
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
23-Mar-2017(#88)
So the mystery bundles were considered to be from people pulling a fast one then?

The first mystery box (being the one with POPs and stuff like that) didn't seem steal worthy as well, but that's just me.
Bostonitalian88
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
23-Mar-2017(#89)
GeeWiz wrote:
> So the mystery bundles were considered to be from people pulling a fast one then?
>
> The first mystery box (being the one with POPs and stuff like that) didn't seem steal
> worthy as well, but that's just me.

I'd agree but I think it's all based on what people are looking for and when. @Lunar obviously feels that the handheld mystery box wasn't any good, I am sure some agree, but someone who was looking to dive into handhelds who didn't have any would've loved that box since it had the capability to play every Nintendo handheld game in existence. I also understand Lunar's point that these could've been pulled from yard sales, and to be honest I forgot where I got the GBC and SP, but the 3DS was my own. Regardless of the origin of the handhelds or what it cost to purchase/trade for them, the "steals" thread was designed to give people a chance to get something good at a discounted rate; the value of the mystery box exceeded $150 and therefore, despite how some people may be able to acquire them for cheaper, it is considered a steal. My intention wasn't to swindle anyone out of funds but mystery boxes are a gamble, what one may love others may hate, ie the POP/swag box or my handheld box. If they're not allowed moving forward then that's obviously something I (and I am sure anyone else) would respect, or any other rules that are put in place for that matter.

I'm not bashing the POP box either just to be clear, the point is that the POP box was geared towards a crowd that would be interested in it (I wouldn't be because I don't collect POPs/swag really and it doesn't sound appealing to some others by the looks of things) and it's great that whoever got it was happy about it, and the Nintendo handheld box was geared towards someone more interested in that stuff (though admittedly would've been more helpful if I put BEGINNER in the description beforehand but hindsight is 20/20) which was obviously less successful.

Lunar
Fwooom! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 23-Mar-2017(#90)
Just honestly answer one question, would that box have sold if the contents were known?

Original 3DS System, GBC System w/magnifier, GBA AGS-001, I think 3 carrying cases and a empty DS case for $100.

Did I forget something?

Also remember, it's supposed to be a "steal" which is held even higher in regard.

Super Nintendo Nintendo Entertainment System Nintendo GameCube Nintendo Wii triforce
image
Sega Sega Saturn Sega CD Sega Dreamcast
NEC PC Engine NEC Super CD-ROM 2 Sega Genesis PlayStation PlayStation 2 Nall
Bostonitalian88
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
* 23-Mar-2017(#91)
To Friction or you evidently not, but to someone who was looking to jump into handheld gaming who didn't have any (or even only had 1 or 2) I would think in a heartbeat. I hear you that these systems may be easy to find in the wild, but the 3DS still sells for over $100 alone and over $150 in most places retail used/refurbished. The target audience/buyer missed for sure, I can own that and like I said if I could've put "BEGINNER Nintendo handheld mystery box" that would've been better (I didn't think of it), but at the very least if this stuff gets sold Friction will make a profit

Edit** Saw your edited post after I posted but to answer your added questions, you got everything correct that was in the box and the game case obviously holds no monetary value but I thought it was cool because it was foreign, I took it off my handheld shelf to include. To each their own of course, what one thinks is cool another thinks is dumb, but that piece wasn't meant to be this epic thing that got included
Lunar
Fwooom! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
23-Mar-2017(#92)
I will see if other people will chime in. But IMO, your perception of value is quite skewed. To the point eBay is a better choice vs your prices.

Plus what are the chances of people on this site is a BEGINNER?

Super Nintendo Nintendo Entertainment System Nintendo GameCube Nintendo Wii triforce
image
Sega Sega Saturn Sega CD Sega Dreamcast
NEC PC Engine NEC Super CD-ROM 2 Sega Genesis PlayStation PlayStation 2 Nall
Bostonitalian88
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
23-Mar-2017(#93)
We all started here at some point, but again everyone is entitled to their opinions and positive or negative I respect it
Gypsy
Kind of a dick. GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
23-Mar-2017(#94)
image
The_Pope
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
23-Mar-2017(#95)
You guys have fun with this.
SilverOwl
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
23-Mar-2017(#96)
The_Pope wrote:
> You guys have fun with this.

lol, pass the popcorn.

but yea, if i paid $100 for an og 3ds, the worst gba sp, and a gbc, i would be pissed. first off, with the gba sp, you can play all the games that you could play on the gbc, so the gbc is pointless.
Lunar
Fwooom! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
23-Mar-2017(#97)
I understand why people don't want to get involved. I'm not trying to start a fight, just some back and forth logic debate.

Here's another brain teaser for you: if your bundle is truly worth over $150, then isn't it profit for you to take it back at $100?

Why refuse a return?

Super Nintendo Nintendo Entertainment System Nintendo GameCube Nintendo Wii triforce
image
Sega Sega Saturn Sega CD Sega Dreamcast
NEC PC Engine NEC Super CD-ROM 2 Sega Genesis PlayStation PlayStation 2 Nall
SilverOwl
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
23-Mar-2017(#98)
Lunar wrote:
> I understand why people don't want to get involved. I'm not trying to start a fight,
> just some back and forth logic debate.
>
> Here's another brain teaser for you: if your bundle is truly worth over $150, then
> isn't it profit for you to take it back at $100?
>
> Why refuse a return?
>
>

was he asked for a return?
Lunar
Fwooom! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
23-Mar-2017(#99)
Look at the rating he was given

Super Nintendo Nintendo Entertainment System Nintendo GameCube Nintendo Wii triforce
image
Sega Sega Saturn Sega CD Sega Dreamcast
NEC PC Engine NEC Super CD-ROM 2 Sega Genesis PlayStation PlayStation 2 Nall
Bostonitalian88
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
* 23-Mar-2017(#100)
I'm not taking it personally and am really just viewing it as healthy back and forth. I don't think anyone is looking to be a keyboard warrior that's just lame.

To answer the question that's kinda the point of a mystery box, it's a gamble some would love it some wouldn't , but just because you don't like it doesn't mean you can just be like oh hey give me my money back. Theoretically , someone who would've enjoyed it could've taken it at the time and we wouldn't be here.
Lunar
Fwooom! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 23-Mar-2017(#101)
True, it is a gamble. I suppose it would be ok if you were a casino.

I guess it's a gamble with a pre-determined winner. Though, I'm sure the damage is already done.

Pretty sure you just lost 95% of your future trades. Good luck.

#micdrop

Super Nintendo Nintendo Entertainment System Nintendo GameCube Nintendo Wii triforce
image
Sega Sega Saturn Sega CD Sega Dreamcast
NEC PC Engine NEC Super CD-ROM 2 Sega Genesis PlayStation PlayStation 2 Nall
Bostonitalian88
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
23-Mar-2017(#102)
It's possible , I guess we'll see, either way wishing everyone nothing but the best
whitefire
500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
(frozen)
23-Mar-2017(#103)
@Bostonitalian88 Surely, these things can be subjective, but FrictionPin seems like a reasonable guy. Why not offer something small like a free $10-20 game or an eshop code or something?



Please take a look at my auction https://m.gametz.com/Console_Marketplace/whitefire...
image
Bostonitalian88
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
23-Mar-2017(#104)
I honestly considered it because I felt bad, and I actually still do, and although I can understand someone's anger and disappointment if they felt like they were just getting played that doesn't give someone the right to attack someone else personally. I believe friction is definitely a cool guy and just spoke in the moment but it wasn't cool.
Lunar
Fwooom! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
23-Mar-2017(#105)
Well I sure we will revisit this when @KingofGames posts the N64 and Genny bundles.

Super Nintendo Nintendo Entertainment System Nintendo GameCube Nintendo Wii triforce
image
Sega Sega Saturn Sega CD Sega Dreamcast
NEC PC Engine NEC Super CD-ROM 2 Sega Genesis PlayStation PlayStation 2 Nall
Jeff
GameTZ Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Gold Global Trader (7)
23-Mar-2017(#106)
I personally think Friction should BTR him.


Jeff
Bostonitalian88
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
24-Mar-2017(#107)
Again , to each their own but the facts are the facts. He didn't get 150 copies of madden 95 and got over $150 worth of stuff for $100 which fit the parameters of the thread in which the box was purchased. If moving forward rules are changed for the thread in anyway, shape or form then , like I already said, those rules would be respected. Of course I'm hoping @kingofgames likes his stuff , I took games out of my personal collection for those boxes but only time will tell. I'll definitely give everyone a heads up though, no, worms Armageddon was not included and no, crusaders of centy was not included so if that's what everyone is expecting then get your mouses ready for that neg button lol
Jeff
GameTZ Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Gold Global Trader (7)
* 24-Mar-2017(#108)
Bostonitalian88 wrote:
> Again , to each their own but the facts are the facts. He didn't get 150 copies of
> madden 95 and got over $150 worth of stuff for $100 which fit the parameters of the
> thread in which the box was purchased. If moving forward rules are changed for the
> thread in anyway, shape or form then , like I already said, those rules would be
> respected. Of course I'm hoping @kingofgames likes his stuff , I took games out of
> my personal collection for those boxes but only time will tell. I'll definitely
> give everyone a heads up though, no, worms Armageddon was not included and no, crusaders
> of centy was not included so if that's what everyone is expecting then get your mouses
> ready for that neg button lol

Let me tell you something, I've been here long enough to know when someone is being deceitful and immoral. Those are things you learn in life and through dealing with people who are honest...and who aren't.

You offered that mystery box with the intention of putting those specific items in there. You would not tell anyone what was in it, even me when I said per the thread guidelines, I want to know if people are getting a good deal. If I have to, I will post our entire conversation here. That mystery box situation...that was your INTENT. You INTENDED on giving those items away at the cost. You CLEARLY know game values, you repeatedly send me trade offers that are half-assed... you would not tell me what was in the mystery boxes. As an example, you stated:

"I don't appreciate the change in rules simply because it's me and not someone else, there have been a handful of mystery boxes already and this hasn't come up. I will let you know that friction got my last $100 mystery box and he's getting between $120 - $160 worth of stuff. I think it really kills the fun element to know that info and just plays into ppl who are looking to resell as opposed to collector's getting a good deal to enhance their collection, but if you feel it's necessary to share that tidbit then so be it. My current steals will fall into that same range" - $120-160 huh?


Another reason why I feel you have ill intent...

(Remember our discussion per your offer of my Gunstar Heroes and Mazin Mutant Saga (complete, great shape) for your cart only Chrono Trigger and $20?)

"Right now they're around $80, few months ago they were around $60, either way we both know you get the point (at least I hope anyway lol). I have been doing this a long time and am not looking for validation, if you really think you'll be able to use these 2 games in a trade for a CIB chrono, even with other games, then I wish you the best of luck. Personally, I'd be surprised (not as surprised for gunstar but most people don't even know what mazin is) if you could include 1 of these in a trade for chrono cart only, but that's just me basing it off the differences between the Nintendo market and the everything else market."

After I mentioned I would trade both of the games towards a CIB Chrono Trigger? after you wanted BOTH of them for your CART ONLY Chrono Trigger and $20 dollars? Why would you be surprised at what someone else would trade?

but WAIT! There's more...

"BostonItalian88 -- Offer Declined
You think it's easy to find people who are looking to trade a $250 item for a bunch of $60 items? What market are you in bro? Not sassing what you're looking for but you gotta be real, all the people that post say "Have Chrono CIB, looking for rare SNES or NES titles of equal value". I hope you end up with what you're looking for but it's going to be real tough to accomplish"

I rest my case regarding your inability to understand true trade values and you only care about your items... that you think are gold I may add...

Anywho, back to the matter at hand here...

You knew what was going into the bundle you sent @FrictionPin. Pricecharting is a guide, it does NOT mean your items are worth that amount. Why else would I mention to check ALL of your resources before you offer a steal? Because people will go on places like that, and think "My item is worth $100!"... Do the research. You clearly used the mystery box guise as an excuse to get rid of these items and pocket $100. You wouldn't offer a refund or even consider it after it was asked of you. Why would you DENY someone a refund if they're not happy with what you have to offer? You tarnished your image on this website (and possibly other websites too, because I know that FrictionPin is apart of a LOT of different groups...) all over $100. Your ratings got bombed and you have a history of describing your games less than the quality that they are in order to get a deal... honestly, you are only about the buck. You don't care about the community -- only about yourself.

Even after FrictionPin asked for a refund you stated: "If you still decide to send it back that's on you, I won't be using money to send it back to you."

After this fiasco, you're not allowed to participate in the future, we WON'T be trading again, and I wouldn't be surprised if more people followed suit.




Jeff
NatGasHole
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
24-Mar-2017(#109)
image

Not your typical oilman
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (10 minutes ago)
24-Mar-2017(#110)
Did FrictionPin ask for a refund? He didn't publicly, anyways, that I can find. And if he did, did Boston decline?
Jeff
GameTZ Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Gold Global Trader (7)
24-Mar-2017(#111)
cblake78 wrote:
> Did FrictionPin ask for a refund? He didn't publicly, anyways, that I can find. And
> if he did, did Boston decline?

Yes and yes.



Jeff
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (10 minutes ago)
24-Mar-2017(#112)
Jeff wrote:
> cblake78 wrote:
>> Did FrictionPin ask for a refund? He didn't publicly, anyways, that I can find.
> And
>> if he did, did Boston decline?
>
> Yes and yes.
>
>

Gotcha. Looking through his posts I can't find where he complained about it (unless he deleted them) so I was just confused.
JD
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
24-Mar-2017(#113)
I feels bad for new user Wedsau being ripped off by Boston if those game boy games are legit

image
Bostonitalian88
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
24-Mar-2017(#114)
I honestly didn't read much of what @jeff wrote, not out of disrespect but mainly because I have a full time job that has nothing to do with gaming. I read the part about the values in our pm, if anything I undershot the value of it the box. Also skimmed through the part about my trade offer to you, again I'm probably missing your point but I think anyone who's done high end trades will tell you it's not easy to find someone who's willing to trade a $250 item for a package of $60 - $80 items. If you've had better success with those types of trades then congrats, but in my experience they aren't very common. Finally, I saw that I'm not allowed to participate in the steals moving forward , it's your thread and your rules, you created it and I respect your decision.

@JD as for wed, we were deciding amongst those games to include in the trade, didn't matter though because he only ended up having 2 of them, not that it's anyone's business anyway but figured I'd clear up the assumption
Lunar
Fwooom! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
24-Mar-2017(#115)
Someone pointed out to me that Boston has this written on his bio:

"My word is something that has always been important to me and if a deal is completed I will definitely hold up my end of the bargain and would expect the other person to do the same."

Anyway, even before this mystery box debacle, when I called him out on those crap offers he listed that ultimately killed the thread, at least 3 people have PMed me with a past gripe with Boston.

Sounds to me like a history of repeated offenses.

cblake78 wrote:
> Did FrictionPin ask for a refund? He didn't publicly, anyways, that I can find. And
> if he did, did Boston decline?

Just look the rating he was given.

Super Nintendo Nintendo Entertainment System Nintendo GameCube Nintendo Wii triforce
image
Sega Sega Saturn Sega CD Sega Dreamcast
NEC PC Engine NEC Super CD-ROM 2 Sega Genesis PlayStation PlayStation 2 Nall
bumsplikity
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
24-Mar-2017(#116)
FrictionPin being denied a refund speaks volumes about the original intent behind that handheld steal.
GeeWiz
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
24-Mar-2017(#117)
JD wrote:
> I feels bad for new user Wedsau being ripped off by Boston if those game boy games
> are legit
>

Holy crap, that offer is a giant ripoff! Says a lot
DarkLink
{inverse}Come To The Dark Side{inverse} GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
This user is on the site NOW (9 minutes ago)
* 24-Mar-2017(#118)
GeeWiz wrote:
> JD wrote:
>> I feels bad for new user Wedsau being ripped off by Boston if those game boy games
>> are legit
>>
>
> Holy crap, that offer is a giant ripoff! Says a lot


I also saw that. And was completely shocked. That kid is giving up wayyyyy to much for a dreamcast and items.


I had a similar experience where this kid wanted a few odd and ends games for a big high price Cib game. I try to give this kid so much more items for it And he kept saying. No it's okay I just wanted those games.
So I still sent him Quite a few more games to help him out.


But I do hate to see new users getting rip off.


image

GeeWiz
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
24-Mar-2017(#119)
Since the mystery box concept is out the window after one bad egg, you might as well haha

As for the GB games, you could say business is business where both sides are happy with what they're giving and getting but at some point, you have to realize where it goes too far and how ridiculous it is.
whitefire
500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
(frozen)
* 24-Mar-2017(#120)
I don't see lopsided trades as the same thing because both parties agreed and knew what they were getting, but I definitely see the point.

By the way, I've gotten way too much stuff because of that thread. I think I need to have an auction now to clear some stuff out, haha. It's easy to get caught up in the sense of urgency of that thread.



Please take a look at my auction https://m.gametz.com/Console_Marketplace/whitefire...
image
WithinTemptation
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (33 seconds ago)
24-Mar-2017(#121)
whitefire wrote:
> I don't see lopsided trades as the same thing because both parties agreed and knew
> what they were getting, but I definitely see the point.
>

Not everyone knows the value of their old games. Especially new users. Ive seen several who see old games as old and not worth much. Allot of times the new guys are excited to get a trade not knowing they are getting taken to the cleaners.

Topic   chatting Official Discussion Thread - For Discussion of the Steals Thread Only