VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   PlayStation 4 Discussion Thread

Iced
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
(abandoned)
9-Jul-2013(#1)
This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/playstation...






Doesn't look like there's a discussion thread for PS4, unless I'm blind. Let's discuss PS4, then, in this thread.

Recent news: according to Kotaku, Gamestop is no longer taking preorders for the system. Hope you got your preorder in!
aksjdhai

(abandoned)
* 30-Dec-2018(#41)
DiamondDave wrote:
> Karaiya wrote:
>> JD wrote:
> |>> Persona 5 Ruby is my guess i'd laugh if its Racing
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> I'll fudging cut everyone. I'll probably still purchase. But I'll be hecking
> mad
>> about it!!
>
> Considering I think this is the first time we've seen moving vehicles in P5, sadly,
> unless that's a red herring, that may be.

Technically Morgana turned into a vehicle in Mementos.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
30-Dec-2018(#42)
We dont talk about that
aksjdhai

(abandoned)
30-Dec-2018(#43)
DiamondDave wrote:
> We dont talk about that

Because you were wrong and your ego can't handle it?
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
30-Dec-2018(#44)
No, because it's fudging weird.

Speaking of which, knock it off.
Shadowrunner
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 30-Dec-2018(#45)
Probably late to the party but, if you have PSVR I strongly recommend picking up Astro Bot Rescue Mission. I haven't had this much fun with a game in a long time.
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago) Secret Santa
30-Dec-2018(#46)
Shadowrunner wrote:
> Probably late to the party but, if you have PSVR I strongly recommend picking up
> Astro Bot Rescue Mission. I haven't had this much fun with a game in a long time.
>

yes

Amazing game!

TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
30-Dec-2018(#47)
Just topped off the last of the Spidey DLC's. I wasnt too crazy about Turf Wars but Silver Lining was legit. Legit jet sections. Legit boss fight. I'm content. yes
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
30-Dec-2018(#48)
I finished them up earlier too. They were alright. The story was a little too short and always felt like a B-tier Spider-man issue due to the villains focused on, but I can understand wanting to save other main villains for the next game. I can really only speak on the story though because otherwise it really was just more base and Screwball challenges. The one "side mission" included in Silver Lining was a dud in my opinion, seemed like a build up to something that only ended up a possible tease for the next game, but not one that the main story itself didn't already establish.

So it gets points for just being more stuff to do in a game that's already pretty great, but I do wish the story had a little more to it. For example, Silver Sable's motivation for acting as a villain for the first half of the third DLC was explained via telephone calls, but could have easily been some of the most interesting aspects if this story had more time to breathe and be fleshed out. It's little shortcuts like that that always make DLC feel just a little less-than worth it at the end of the day but I can't pretend like it wasn't a fun time. Now I'm just playing to unlock that Spider-verse suit.
Archer
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
30-Dec-2018(#49)
justin_credible wrote:
> Persona 5 R?
>

I would assume a Switch port of the game.
aksjdhai

(abandoned)
* 30-Dec-2018(#50)
Archer wrote:
> justin_credible wrote:
>> Persona 5 R?
>>
>
> I would assume a Switch port of the game.

They speculate on that in the article but also mention about the teaser that was shown "The video begins with a PlayStation logo sting, indicating that, whatever it is, it'll be on PS4 at the very least. The teaser is also littered with the phrase "New Projects", suggesting there could be multiple things revealed in March."

My guess is they may add dozens of hours to it like Persona 3 FES and put it on PS4 and Switch. I'd be cool with that.
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago) Secret Santa
* 31-Dec-2018(#51)
Yeah, there should be multiple things revealed in March. Atlus has registered domains for Persona 5 B, Persona 5 M, and Persona 5 S in addition to Persona 5 R. Who knows if these will all be versions of the base Persona 5 game or new offshoots like the Arena and Dancing games. Maybe a racing game, as @JD suggested above. Whatever they do, I just need an enhanced re-release of Persona 5. Preferably on the Switch so I can take it anywhere with me, but I'd be totally cool with just a PS4 version. And if Atlus wants to do something a little crazy, they can put it on the Vita. I'll be one of the dozen or so people who would buy that version!

Also, the director of Persona 5 was put in charge of a new studio at Atlus a couple of years ago that will be creating an entirely new RPG that's not related to either Shin Megami Tensei or Persona. Very excited to hear more about this. Hopefully we hear more about it in 2019.

DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
31-Dec-2018(#52)
Gimmie all the music DLC in the Switch game. You can do it!
longhornsk57
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
31-Dec-2018(#53)
I don't know how you guys can just replay 100+ hour games like nothing..
sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
31-Dec-2018(#54)
longhornsk57 wrote:
> I don't know how you guys can just replay 100+ hour games like nothing..

I know right? When do you all sleep? Do you work? Have kids? What the hell.

DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
* 31-Dec-2018(#55)
It's not nothing for me; before I had the idea that P5 was coming to Switch I was already starting in on a playthrough on PS3, but that would have taken me probably a good month or two to get through, I work 9-5 like everybody else. Just a good game to blow time on.

It's hard to pick a game like that to play through unless it's God-tier; it's why when I pick up stuff like Labyrinth of Refrain I start to wonder shortly in if I really want to dedicate that much time to it or not.
longhornsk57
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
31-Dec-2018(#56)
DiamondDave wrote:
> It's not nothing for me; before I had the idea that P5 was coming to Switch I was
> already starting in on a playthrough on PS3, but that would have taken me probably
> a good month or two to get through, I work 9-5 like everybody else. Just a good
> game to blow time on.
>
> It's hard to pick a game like that to play through unless it's God-tier; it's why
> when I pick up stuff like Labyrinth of Refrain I start to wonder shortly in if I
> really want to dedicate that much time to it or not.

I get that, and I managed to play P5 knowing it was long, but once you know the game, the story, the ending, everything, and just be like ya I'm gonna play that again... I don't think I could do that.

The only thing I did like that is replay FFX when I got a PS4 since it had been like a decade or more since I'd played it and it was my favorite all time RPG probably.

Not judging or anything I just couldn't do it I don't think.

Hell even thought about replaying the GTAV story since I enjoyed it so much like 3 years ago but can't seem to do it since I know everything that happens.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
* 31-Dec-2018(#57)
iunno! The battle system and aesthetic are really fun. I know how SMB ends but I still wanna smash every now and then. There's also stuff I didn't do on my first playthrough.
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
* 31-Dec-2018(#58)
everything with persona in the title will be had. id def put down another 120 hours to play an enhanced p5 with added scenarios and content. would love to see that be added as dlc for us who already have the game, crimson edition upgrade or something like that, would also be nice to be able to go through with that new data on NG+, that would make a couple of the dungeons easier to replay

Archer
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
31-Dec-2018(#59)
Its too soon for me to replay it. But I'll replay it in 2020 at a discounted price.
Karaiya
Has Written 1 Review
(abandoned)
31-Dec-2018(#60)
tonymack21 wrote:
> everything with persona in the title will be had. id def put down another 120 hours
> to play an enhanced p5 with added scenarios and content. would love to see that be
> added as dlc for us who already have the game, crimson edition upgrade or something
> like that, would also be nice to be able to go through with that new data on NG+,
> that would make a couple of the dungeons easier to replay
>
>

I agree with this. I'd love to play more perfect version of this game. There are a few things about it that kept me from making it my 2017 game of the year. I want to give it another shot.
longhornsk57
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
31-Dec-2018(#61)
I really wish they'd do some epilogue DLC or add more, I'd rebuy a complete edition just to play it.

I never played any of the FFXV DLC so I got the royal edition to check it all out.
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
* 31-Dec-2018(#62)
it would have been nice if they had put in a way to see all the new story content without having to play the game over again. I don't care for this model with rpgs, if they are doing a golden style or FES style for p5 with added scenarios id do it, but overall id rather they just finish an rpg and if they are going to release additional content allow that to be played without having to play the full game over again.

longhornsk57
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
31-Dec-2018(#63)
tonymack21 wrote:
> it would have been nice if they had put in a way to see all the new story content
> without having to play the game over again. I don't care for this model with rpgs,
> if they are doing a golden style or FES style for p5 with added scenarios id do it,
> but overall id rather they just finish an rpg and if they are going to release additional
> content allow that to be played without having to play the full game over again.
>
>

I think you can carry your save data from when you played in most games so it should be possible.
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
31-Dec-2018(#64)
that would be cool, id like to see what they added to 15 but don't want to have to start from scratch

longhornsk57
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
31-Dec-2018(#65)
tonymack21 wrote:
> that would be cool, id like to see what they added to 15 but don't want to have to
> start from scratch
>
>

I'm about to install the game, and before I only had the regular version so I'll let you know if it carries it
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
31-Dec-2018(#66)
longhornsk57 wrote:
> tonymack21 wrote:
>> that would be cool, id like to see what they added to 15 but don't want to have
> to
>> start from scratch
>>
>>
>
> I'm about to install the game, and before I only had the regular version so I'll
> let you know if it carries it

nice hopefully so

JD
400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 31-Dec-2018(#67)
I'd like to know as well, i don't like my ffxv trophy list at 50% even that i got plat as well

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
31-Dec-2018(#68)
DiamondDave wrote:
> iunno! The battle system and aesthetic are really fun. I know how SMB ends but
> I still wanna smash every now and then. There's also stuff I didn't do on my first
> playthrough.

Pretty much this, though I don't really replay games THAT long. I have played Fire Emblem PoR like 5-6 times. I just skip all the story stuff after the first run.
kevolones
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
31-Dec-2018(#69)
sinnie wrote:
> longhornsk57 wrote:
>> I don't know how you guys can just replay 100+ hour games like nothing..
>
> I know right? When do you all sleep? Do you work? Have kids? What the hell.
>
>


Even back when I didnt have a job, I wasnt able to beat a most of the 50+ hour games I have, I probably will never have time to replay any of them. If I had kids, I propably wouldnt be able to play, period.
aksjdhai

(abandoned)
* 31-Dec-2018(#70)
I work full time but have no kids. I don't sleep a whole lot (maybe 6-7 hours a night) but I still rarely beat long games. Persona 5 is the first rpg I've beaten in 10-15 years. It was so good though, I would consider replaying it if they add significantly more to it.

Although I did beat Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain 100%, and that took 255 hours lol. But that is my favorite game series, and it took several months and I only played it.

Social life? Nope, but just don't care.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
* 31-Dec-2018(#71)
Yeah, I can't think of a game as beefy as P5 that I've beaten since... iunno, FF7 probably was the longest game I've beaten before that. I've spent over a hundred hours in Mass Effect but that was several play-throughs and unfinished restarts. And there's WoW of course, but that don't count since the goal of that game is not to beat it, but to stop playing it, or to never start.
JD
400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
31-Dec-2018(#72)
I can pull 100+ hours for most rpgs i play but for FFXV i think 50 at most

Heavyd814life
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago) Secret Santa
31-Dec-2018(#73)
I work from home and my work schedule can be pretty flexible so that helps out a lot. I usually work 8-10 hours a day, 4 days a week, but I still try to find the time for games. And if I really get into a game, I operate on like 3-4 hours of sleep during the week. It's super unhealthy, but that's the only way I can maintain some semblance of a life and still get my game time in. It's definitely going to be tougher to do that as I get older, though.

tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
31-Dec-2018(#74)
Heavyd814life wrote:
> I work from home and my work schedule can be pretty flexible so that helps out a
> lot. I usually work 8-10 hours a day, 4 days a week, but I still try to find the
> time for games. And if I really get into a game, I operate on like 3-4 hours of sleep
> during the week. It's super unhealthy, but that's the only way I can maintain some
> semblance of a life and still get my game time in. It's definitely going to be tougher
> to do that as I get older, though.
>
>

ya sacrificing sleep and being able to function is something i used to could do but cant sustain that anymore.

working from home for a decent living is the dream! if i could cut my commute off every day thats an extra hour a day id have


Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
31-Dec-2018(#75)
Heavyd814life wrote:
> I work from home and my work schedule can be pretty flexible so that helps out a
> lot. I usually work 8-10 hours a day, 4 days a week, but I still try to find the
> time for games. And if I really get into a game, I operate on like 3-4 hours of sleep
> during the week. It's super unhealthy, but that's the only way I can maintain some
> semblance of a life and still get my game time in. It's definitely going to be tougher
> to do that as I get older, though.
>
>

I remember when I could sleep that little. I clock a solid 7 hours a night now.
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
31-Dec-2018(#76)
ya i need so much more sleep than i used to, when i was young i could go on 4 hours a night all week and id sleep til noon on saturdays to make up for it, but i couldnt even think of that now, one night of 4 hours and im dying all day, fighting to stay awake on my commute etc.

worst part is i cant lay down for more than a few hours and things start hurting and i have to get up..lol. getting old is hard.

Archer
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
* 1-Jan-2019(#77)
I bought that FFXV pocket edition thing on sale a while back for $8 or something. Played it for the first time today, and man what a piece of trash that thing is. I loved XV and got the plat for it on PS4. But haven't played any of the DLC or seen any of the changes they did or all the stuff they added. So I bought it for $24 on sale on Xb1 with everything, Royal Edition or whatever. So I guess I'm playing through that again. At least the pocket edition thing was good for something, lol.

Wow. Its not as good as I remember. First of all. It looks like ass on the xb1. And two hours in I'm bored out of my mind. This is starting to feel like a waste of money.
Jester695
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
1-Jan-2019(#78)
Anyone trying Steep or Portal Knights yet? Initial thoughts?
sixteenvolt420
550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
2-Jan-2019(#79)
Finally almost halfway through the RDR2 story, and i'm kinda getting bored with it. Maybe i just need to play something else for a day or 2 and come back. Though i usually have a tough time coming back to games, after i put them down for a rest.
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
2-Jan-2019(#80)
Anyone give the NBA package on PS4 VR a go? Seriously tempted to snag a VR headset when I get taxes back for the courtside experience deal. Anyone have experience with this? Is it any good? Can you watch with friends like in that Oculus commercial?
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago) Secret Santa
2-Jan-2019(#81)
sixteenvolt420 wrote:
> Finally almost halfway through the RDR2 story, and i'm kinda getting bored with it.
> Maybe i just need to play something else for a day or 2 and come back. Though i usually
> have a tough time coming back to games, after i put them down for a rest.

I can't wait to play this game. It's insane to me how divisive it is. People either absolutely love it or they think it's boring. There's like no middle ground. I think that's why God of War is going to take most of the GOTY awards for 2018.

Topic   PlayStation 4 Discussion Thread