VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   Post your scores/reviews on recent titles you've obtained/been playing. raspberry

Guru
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 16 Reviews
7-Dec-2003(#1)
This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/post-scores...





tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
* 25-Feb-2019(#201)
Cities Skylines... played a few hours last night on pc, I don't know well it translates to consoles control wise but if you liked sim city you'll probably love this. I can see burning huge amounts of time with this. I think im growing my city too fast, cant keep up with the trash, that and traffic are my two biggest issues. the problem is once you get an area too built up its hard to upgrade the roads, to widen them you have to demolish whats built along their sides depending on how you've laid it out. starting with 4 lanes in an area you think will become built up or heavily used would have been better.

Anxiouz
GameTZ Subscriber 850 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
25-Feb-2019(#202)
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifics (X1X) - 6/10 - Yes it's gorgeous, yes it's a fantastic story of mental issues. But it's barely a game. People complained about The Order 1886 being mostly graphics and story and little substance...this is no better and is mostly similar.

Absolutely stunning graphics, smooth gameplay, great combat, and interesting story.... From such a small dev team it's insanely good.

But Hellblade is 90% a jogging simulator and is 100% linear. I love everything expect that I always feel like I should be able to move on quicker and there is so little satisfaction when proceeding.

As a GamePass game it's fantastic, no doubt. Had I paid retail I'd be more disappointed than I would when I bought The Order. At least that felt more engaging...which says a lot.
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (55 seconds ago)
25-Feb-2019(#203)
And Quantic Dream games are a QTE fest. People still somehow like them. I'd rather play a walking simulator than a game where if you screw up one QTE you're forced to start over from an annoying checkpoint. Also, ALIEN PLOT TWISTS!!!!!
benstylus
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
* 25-Feb-2019(#204)
Kommie, you didn't type that fast enough and have failed this QTE.

You need to start GameTZ over at your last 100 trades.
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (55 seconds ago)
25-Feb-2019(#205)
gosh darnMIT. I meant to hit L2, not L1!
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (30 seconds ago) Secret Santa
25-Feb-2019(#206)
Kommie wrote:
> And Quantic Dream games are a QTE fest. People still somehow like them. I'd rather
> play a walking simulator than a game where if you screw up one QTE you're forced
> to start over from an annoying checkpoint. Also, ALIEN PLOT TWISTS!!!!!

What does Quantic Dream have to do with anything Anxiouz wrote lol. I find it strange that you constantly bash Quantic Dream even though you've played just one of their games. And the one game you've played is their first and their worst game. Why do you have such a hard-on for David Cage?

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (31 seconds ago)
25-Feb-2019(#207)
Heavyd814life wrote:
> Kommie wrote:
>> And Quantic Dream games are a QTE fest. People still somehow like them. I'd rather
>> play a walking simulator than a game where if you screw up one QTE you're forced
>> to start over from an annoying checkpoint. Also, ALIEN PLOT TWISTS!!!!!
>
> What does Quantic Dream have to do with anything Anxiouz wrote lol. I find it strange
> that you constantly bash Quantic Dream even though you've played just one of their
> games. And the one game you've played is their first and their worst game. Why do
> you have such a hard-on for David Cage?
>
>

Kommie just trolls about everything now.
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (55 seconds ago)
25-Feb-2019(#208)
Heavyd814life wrote:
> Kommie wrote:
>> And Quantic Dream games are a QTE fest. People still somehow like them. I'd rather
>> play a walking simulator than a game where if you screw up one QTE you're forced
>> to start over from an annoying checkpoint. Also, ALIEN PLOT TWISTS!!!!!
>
> What does Quantic Dream have to do with anything Anxiouz wrote lol. I find it strange
> that you constantly bash Quantic Dream even though you've played just one of their
> games. And the one game you've played is their first and their worst game. Why do
> you have such a hard-on for David Cage?
>
>

Have you ever played a game so bad that under no circumstances you'd want to play their future games? That's how I feel about QD.
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
25-Feb-2019(#209)
i found heavy rain a chore that felt like work, but detroit is really good.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (16 seconds ago)
26-Feb-2019(#210)
Anxiouz wrote:
> Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifics (X1X) - 6/10 - Yes it's gorgeous, yes it's a fantastic
> story of mental issues. But it's barely a game. People complained about The Order
> 1886 being mostly graphics and story and little substance...this is no better and
> is mostly similar.
>
> Absolutely stunning graphics, smooth gameplay, great combat, and interesting story....
> From such a small dev team it's insanely good.
>
> But Hellblade is 90% a jogging simulator and is 100% linear. I love everything expect
> that I always feel like I should be able to move on quicker and there is so little
> satisfaction when proceeding.
>
> As a GamePass game it's fantastic, no doubt. Had I paid retail I'd be more disappointed
> than I would when I bought The Order. At least that felt more engaging...which says
> a lot.

100% agree. Graphics, audio, acting, voice work, mo-cap, all top notch......gameplay not so much. Puzzle solving wasn't very fun and the battles were really repetitive. If I paid more than $15 I would have been disappointed, seeing as how it was a gp game it was just an easy 1000 achievements. Can't wait to see what they do with a bigger budget.
kevolones
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
27-Feb-2019(#211)
I think they had the pricing right. I think it was $30 on release...for the quality in there, thats not bad at all. Had they charged $60 on release, it wouldve been The Order all over again.
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (55 seconds ago)
27-Feb-2019(#212)
It's amazing how people complain about video game prices these days. SNES, Genesis days games were 69.99 or 79.99 and cost much less to make. But we're all entitled to complain because we don't like something.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 27-Feb-2019(#213)
Anthem (PC) - Bought an EA Premiere sub to check it out, Fifteen bucks is about right. Flying around feels okay, but early impressions are kinda bland, shooting isn't fun at all and the game doesn't feel the least bit rewarding. I like how if you end up hating the mech you choose even if you restart the game they make you stick with it AND re-level/play until you unlock the next one.

Awful pretty game though!
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (16 seconds ago)
27-Feb-2019(#214)
And that's not including inflation either. If you take that into consideration then those 16-BIT games were more like $100-120. NES games were $40 back in the mi-80's and after inflation you're looking at $100. The reason I think that the Hellblade isn't worth full price is because it was pretty short, had almost no gameplay, and had zero replay value.
Anxiouz
GameTZ Subscriber 850 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
27-Feb-2019(#215)
Crackdown 3 (Campaign) - 7/10 - I knew exactly what I was getting into and I'm really enjoying this. I was in the middle of playing the first Crackdown and jumping into this...it's basically identical. It reminds me a lot of Agents of Mayhem but the character progression is really addicting and sometimes I'm just in the mood for mindless fun.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (16 seconds ago)
27-Feb-2019(#216)
7 is what this game always looked to me but it also looked like a lot od really dumb fun which is always exactly what Crackdown was all about. I'll hopefully be able to give it a spin in the next few weeks.
Tim81DE

(frozen)
27-Feb-2019(#217)
Spider-Man 9.5

Easily the best superhero game I've played.
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
2-Mar-2019(#218)
Star Wars: Republic Commando via XB1 BC - it was an 8 back in 2005 for me and it's still an 8 now. Had to even post a mini let's play of the first stage. I'll be playing this all weekend for sure.

https://youtu.be/02pJ-Z6eJE0
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
3-Mar-2019(#219)
Unravel {PlayStation 4} 8/10
This game really impressed me. It's by some Swedish indie devs I never heard of before, but I'm damn sure going to keep an eye on them now. It's published by EA, so I think some people might have skipped the game for that reason alone, but they're missing out. I think had this released on Switch I would have preferred to play it there, because these guys have done something that many other developers often try to do but fail at, and that's capture the "Nintendo Touch™". It's a 2D platformer that you use physics puzzles to get through the levels and I don't know exactly why, but this reminds me of a bastard child between Yoshi and Chibi-Robo.

The physics can be a bit wonky at times, so for that reason I took a point off the score, and sometimes the difficulty is inconsistent (you might struggle on one level but then breeze through the next couple) but other than that I have nothing else to complain about with this game. These dudes put their heart and soul into making this game and it shows and I'm glad I played it.
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
3-Mar-2019(#220)
Kommie wrote:
> It's amazing how people complain about video game prices these days. SNES, Genesis
> days games were 69.99 or 79.99 and cost much less to make. But we're all entitled
> to complain because we don't like something.

True, but I don't think many of us were old enough to have been expected to pay for our own games during the 16-bit era, so we never took price into consideration.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (16 seconds ago)
* 3-Mar-2019(#221)
I don't remember 16-BIT game prices very much (other than when we got a "new" game it was from the bargain bin at KB Toys) and really didn't until the N64 in which my Brother and I had to save up our money for months to buy a new game. I didn't think much of it, but whenever we got a new game we played the hell out of it until we had 100% the game at least once which is probably where my impulse to 100% everything I play comes from.
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
3-Mar-2019(#222)
I'm playing Saints Row IV now via Xbox Game Pass and man this game is over the top mayhem. I'm mad I never gave it a chance. It had me at Nolan North as president. In the first act now and it's an 8 so far. Could very well go higher if they keep up this momentum.
DrizzDrizzDrizz
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Croatia
4-Mar-2019(#223)
I'm halfway through Uncharted 3, great stuff. More of the same mostly gameplay wise but in this case that's a good thing
Anxiouz
GameTZ Subscriber 850 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
* 4-Mar-2019(#224)
PizzaTheHutt wrote:
> Unravel {PlayStation 4} 8/10

Dude, def try Unravel 2...it's co-op and absolutely fantastic! My 5-yr old can play more of #2 and when it's too tough you can hop on the back of the other player so they can get past hard areas then you just jump off and continue together. It's def more fun than the first game (which we also both really loved...but he got stuck a ton) and it's one of our top 10 best game purchases ever. Everything is improved over the original game.

TalonJedi87 wrote:
> I'm playing Saints Row IV now via Xbox Game Pass and man this game is over the top
> mayhem. I'm mad I never gave it a chance. It had me at Nolan North as president.
> In the first act now and it's an 8 so far. Could very well go higher if they keep
> up this momentum.

That game is nuts but it plays really well and is constantly engaging..."say what? what's the mission?" I think it's their best as they really grabbed the silliness by the horns.
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
4-Mar-2019(#225)
my daughter and i are playing unravel 2 and so far its as good as the first if not a little more refined maybe. its pretty good, very good co-op game especially with younger players.

Admiral
Bronze Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
* 6-Mar-2019(#226)
Apex Legends (PS4 Pro) - 9.5/10

I'm not sure what they could do to make this a 10/10. I'm enjoying the HELL out of it...and for $0. I can't imagine a better value in gaming right now.

I suppose my only complaint, although it's nobody's "fault" is the unbalance between users. I mean, I'm level 29 and do "ok", considering how little I play online FPS's (I suck BAD at aiming) - but some people are level 95 with 1500 kills already. They literally must play nonstop day in and day out, whereas I have to eat and breath and live. I can't blame anyone really, but maybe they could add a way to group talent together a bit so I don't play one game for 20 minutes and get all the way to the last 2 groups - then the next game I'm in it for 10 seconds because somebody with 600 head shots mows me down as soon as I hit the ground.

Maybe have a lobby where you can pick a level to play at, and a different lobby where it's open to everyone? Not sure. Is this even a thing?

Still, my favorite game right now and I'm loving it.
benstylus
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
9-Mar-2019(#227)
Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn

The new ravel abilities add to the variety but make the game a whole lot easier than the Wii original. Even Devilish mode isn't terribly hard so far (especially if you have a ravel ability). I do like the new Dedede Gogogo minigame, though. Reminds me of Bit Trip Runner, but simpler (and shorter). Being portable is a plus, too.

No 2 player mode in this version though, which is kind of a bummer since the Wii version had 2 player co-op and was quite fun. Wii version can also be had for under $15, compared to $40 on 3DS

If I had to pick between the two, I'd probably say most people should go for the Wii version. You're not missing a whole lot of extra content compared to the 3DS version, and 2 player co-op is great!

If you're a loyal subject of King Dedede, though, he probably would want you to buy this version so you can play as him.
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 9-Mar-2019(#228)
DMC 5 Sony PlayStation 4 Pro - only on mission 2 and it's already a 9 for me. Possibly reaching a 9.5. Capcom is now my favorite publisher/dev again. The return of the comeback kids!!!
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (30 seconds ago) Secret Santa
9-Mar-2019(#229)
TalonJedi87 wrote:
> DMC 5 Sony PlayStation 4 Pro - only on mission 2 and it's already a 9 for me. Possibly reaching
> a 9.5. Capcom is now my favorite publisher/dev again. The return of the comeback
> kids!!!

I'm through mission 4 now and it's crazy good, man! Capcom with two GOTY contenders to start the year!

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (16 seconds ago)
9-Mar-2019(#230)
Okami (X1) 6/10.

The first 8 hours so far has felt like 1 never ending tutorial. Just when the game starts to feel like its taking the training wheels off they throw more and more tutorials your way. The game has a pretty cool art style and the gameplay is okay, but I think playing the game so long after its initial release takes a lot of the "wow" factor away that it had when it first launched on the GCN all those years ago. Its an above average game, but not one that I would put in the "great" category by any means.
benstylus
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
9-Mar-2019(#231)
dustin11 wrote:
> Okami (X1) 6/10.
>
> The first 8 hours so far has felt like 1 never ending tutorial. Just when the game
> starts to feel like its taking the training wheels off they throw more and more tutorials
> your way. The game has a pretty cool art style and the gameplay is okay, but I think
> playing the game so long after its initial release takes a lot of the "wow" factor
> away that it had when it first launched on the GCN all those years ago. Its an above
> average game, but not one that I would put in the "great" category by any means.
>
It was PS2, but I think part of the wow factor was the fact that it came out here at all. Many people thought it was just too Japanese and US consumers wouldn't get it.
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (30 seconds ago) Secret Santa
9-Mar-2019(#232)
TalonJedi87 wrote:
> DMC 5 Sony PlayStation 4 Pro - only on mission 2 and it's already a 9 for me. Possibly reaching
> a 9.5. Capcom is now my favorite publisher/dev again. The return of the comeback
> kids!!!

Hey Talon, so I'm through mission 8 now and I'm still loving it. Only issue I have is that the game is super easy. I really wish there was a higher difficulty level because I'm just crushing everything so far. Have you played as V yet? What do you think of his play style?

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (16 seconds ago)
9-Mar-2019(#233)
benstylus wrote:
> dustin11 wrote:
>> Okami (X1) 6/10.
>>
>> The first 8 hours so far has felt like 1 never ending tutorial. Just when the
> game
>> starts to feel like its taking the training wheels off they throw more and more
> tutorials
>> your way. The game has a pretty cool art style and the gameplay is okay, but I
> think
>> playing the game so long after its initial release takes a lot of the "wow" factor
>> away that it had when it first launched on the GCN all those years ago. Its an
> above
>> average game, but not one that I would put in the "great" category by any means.
>>
> It was PS2, but I think part of the wow factor was the fact that it came out here
> at all. Many people thought it was just too Japanese and US consumers wouldn't get
> it.

Yup, looks like it was a PS2 title and launched later on its life cycle too. I'm glad I finally got around to playing it, but its still really a slog. Capcom needs to get on that Power Stone HD release next.
DrizzDrizzDrizz
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Croatia
9-Mar-2019(#234)
Almost done with uncharted 3
This game is a cinematic masterpiece
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (55 seconds ago)
9-Mar-2019(#235)
Wait till you play 4.
DrizzDrizzDrizz
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Croatia
9-Mar-2019(#236)
I'm excited
Although i dont have 4 yet (just the trilogy remaster), but maybe i wont want to wait for a sale. We'll see, I'll play Far Cry 5 next since i bought it a week ago, and maybe get Uncharted 4 after that
Hopefully finish it tomorrow
DefaultGen
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
9-Mar-2019(#237)
benstylus wrote:
> Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn
>
> The new ravel abilities add to the variety but make the game a whole lot easier than
> the Wii original.

I wasn't even aware that was possible. If someone asked me to name the easiest game of all time, Kirby's Epic Yarn might be it. I thought you can't even die IIRC.


TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
9-Mar-2019(#238)
Heavyd814life wrote:
> TalonJedi87 wrote:
>> DMC 5 Sony PlayStation 4 Pro - only on mission 2 and it's already a 9 for me. Possibly reaching
>> a 9.5. Capcom is now my favorite publisher/dev again. The return of the comeback
>> kids!!!
>
> Hey Talon, so I'm through mission 8 now and I'm still loving it. Only issue I have
> is that the game is super easy. I really wish there was a higher difficulty level
> because I'm just crushing everything so far. Have you played as V yet? What do you
> think of his play style?
>
>

Not yet. I'm about to start up mission 2 tonight. Planning on savoring it. I'll let you know what I think for sure but yes I do agree it's too easy but I do hear Dante Must Die mode is relentlessly difficult.
benstylus
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
* 9-Mar-2019(#239)
DefaultGen wrote:
> benstylus wrote:
>> Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn
>>
>> The new ravel abilities add to the variety but make the game a whole lot easier
> than
>> the Wii original.
>
> I wasn't even aware that was possible. If someone asked me to name the easiest game
> of all time, Kirby's Epic Yarn might be it. I thought you can't even die IIRC.

Yeah but if you want to get gold on every stage you can't afford too many hits for the loss of beads. Brute forcing through it to see the ending is easy enough though.

Barney's Hide and Seek for Genesis has to take the prize for easiest though. If you can't figure it out, just put the controller down and it will win for you.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (16 seconds ago)
9-Mar-2019(#240)
Kirby for the NES was probably one of the easiest games I've ever played once I figured out that I could just fly from the beginning to the end of almost every single stage in the game.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 9-Mar-2019(#241)
DMC5's pretty fun! VERY pretty, the cutscenes are A+, but the intro drags on a bit longer than you'd like. The camera overall isn't amazing, but I'm sure it can be tweaked.

Topic   Post your scores/reviews on recent titles you've obtained/been playing. raspberry