VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   Post your scores/reviews on recent titles you've obtained/been playing. raspberry

Guru
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 16 Reviews
7-Dec-2003(#1)
This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/post-scores...





dustin11
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
19-Mar-2019(#281)
Infinite looks like it may be open world with some sort of possible RPG elements (according to a job posting they had listed for 343 Studios). Also going to support slit screen coop like the good ol' days. The reason why this game took so long is because they had to create the Slip Space engine from scratch so they could deliver on the promise of coop being added.
Longknife
Gold Global Trader (15) Has Written 2 Reviews
(frozen)
20-Mar-2019(#282)
DefaultGen wrote:
> Kommie wrote:
>> Is
>> there a true Xbox Exclusive game that can't be gotten via PC?
>
> Halo 5. Haaaaaaaalooooooo. The hill for Xbox to die on since Xbox.
>
>

There's always Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC) once it's released....it's possible that Halo 5 could be made a part of it.

dustin11
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
20-Mar-2019(#283)
Longknife wrote:
> DefaultGen wrote:
>> Kommie wrote:
> |>> Is
> |>> there a true Xbox Exclusive game that can't be gotten via PC?
>>
>> Halo 5. Haaaaaaaalooooooo. The hill for Xbox to die on since Xbox.
>>
>>
>
> There's always Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC) once it's released....it's
> possible that Halo 5 could be made a part of it.
>
>

Probably not for a gooood long while. They're still only adding one game at a time because each one isn't ready and then they're still needing to make Infinite for it too. Its possible that it will one day, but that probably won't be any time in the near future.
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
20-Mar-2019(#284)
Is UNDERTALE actually good? It just looks like Phantasy Star/Earthbound which I never found the appeal of.
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
20-Mar-2019(#285)
I could not get into Undertale for the life of me but it is vastly popular.
Guru
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 16 Reviews
20-Mar-2019(#286)
I didn't care for Undertale too much the first play through (probably a 7/10)....I did a subsequent play through on pacifist and enjoyed it immensely more..,I'd give it a 9.5/10 now
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
20-Mar-2019(#287)
What makes it good? Story / dialogue? Cause the combat/battle system looks like poop.
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
20-Mar-2019(#288)
the idea is to play it pacifist and blind, if you look up literally anything its going to spoil the whole thing

Guru
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 16 Reviews
* 20-Mar-2019(#289)
Impossible to do a pacifist run on first playthrough though
Guru
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 16 Reviews
20-Mar-2019(#290)
Kommie wrote:
> What makes it good? Story / dialogue? Cause the combat/battle system looks like poop.
>

The writing, characters, dialogue variance, the music (Megalovania and His Theme is fudging awesome).... the battle system is unique and has a SMT "negotiatons" aspect to it.

Like I said, it took me a second playthrough to fully appreciate it...and the genocide run afterwards is gut wrenching topped off with a freaking tough final boss
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
20-Mar-2019(#291)
I ended up buying it, cheap on Steam right now. Who knows when I'll actually play it.
aksjdhai

(abandoned)
* 22-Mar-2019(#292)
I'm spending time on two different games a few hours each day for each. Nier Automata and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake. I am really enjoying Nier, I have beaten Route A but to beat the game you have to beat B (which is mostly a replay of A) and C-E. So I'm working on that and Solid Snake, wow this game is a blast as was Metal Gear. I am referring to the real Metal Gear 1 and 2 for MSX that are on the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection as well as Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistance not the poor games on the NES that weren't canon. It is kind of sad for me because this is it after I beat Metal Gear 2 I have beaten all the Metal Gear's that matter. All the Metal Gear Solid's including Peace Walker and Portable Ops and these two. It's my favorite series of all time so it'll just be sad to not have any more games in the series to play. For those that are fans of Metal Gear Solid I recommend you give Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake a chance they are a lot of fun, so ahead of their times.
Jester695
Bronze Good Trader
23-Mar-2019(#293)
justin_credible wrote:
> I'm spending time on two different games a few hours each day for each. Nier Automata
> and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake. I am really enjoying Nier, I have beaten Route A but
> to beat the game you have to beat B (which is mostly a replay of A) and C-E. So I'm
> working on that and Solid Snake, wow this game is a blast as was Metal Gear. I am
> referring to the real Metal Gear 1 and 2 for MSX that are on the Metal Gear Solid
> HD Collection as well as Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistance not the poor games on the
> NES that weren't canon. It is kind of sad for me because this is it after I beat
> Metal Gear 2 I have beaten all the Metal Gear's that matter. All the Metal Gear Solid's
> including Peace Walker and Portable Ops and these two. It's my favorite series of
> all time so it'll just be sad to not have any more games in the series to play. For
> those that are fans of Metal Gear Solid I recommend you give Metal Gear and Metal
> Gear 2 Solid Snake a chance they are a lot of fun, so ahead of their times.

I'm on playthrough B of Automata right now too.
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) Secret Santa
23-Mar-2019(#294)
Automata is such a special game for me. I'd love to hear some impressions once you guys get all the way through E.

tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
23-Mar-2019(#295)
same, NA is so amazing. C was my fav i thought it really started to set off hard then. the good news is C-D happens and you can immeditely do ending E right then, so its not as daunting as it seems

PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
24-Mar-2019(#296)
Dillon's Rolling Western {Nintendo 3DS} 6/10
I had been meaning to check this game out for years and finally went ahead and got all 3 games in the series, but now I dunno if I'll actually play the next two if this one doesn't start to pick up.

Basically during the day you get a short amount of time to run roll around and collect as much resources as possible, sell them for money to upgrade towers and equip them with weapons, then when the day turns to night is when the enemies arrive and start to head towards the village you're trying to protect.
It's kinda repetitive, though I don't know of any tower defense games that don't feel that way.

I figured with how little anyone seems to talk about this game that maybe it's a hidden gem, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Not even Nintendo is exempt from making stinkers now and then.
DrizzDrizzDrizz
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Croatia
24-Mar-2019(#297)
Runner3 (bit trip) - beat it today. Still fun, harder than 2 for sure, could be a bit tighter but still enjoyable
Anxiouz
GameTZ Subscriber 850 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
24-Mar-2019(#298)
I haven't yet played Nier Automata but it looks like fun and I've been intending to play it for quite awhile now. Replaying the game to get different endings...is apparently amazing but can someone explain how/why without giving too much away? Does the gameplay just branch like Outrun where it offers direction choices so you need to play a few times to hit all the options?

I haven't understood how replaying it 3-4 times makes it better besides understanding the story more but that's still unclear. Would love some info.
Guru
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 16 Reviews
24-Mar-2019(#299)
Nier Automata is such a wonderful game
Guru
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 16 Reviews
24-Mar-2019(#300)
Anxiouz:

Playthrough 1: main character
Playthrough 2: secondary character is main character from first as a story parallel to playthrough 1
Playthrough 3: third character and this acts as a sort of epilogue to 1&2

Most of the endings occur when you fail, stray from specifics objectives, etc...
BJB
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
24-Mar-2019(#301)
Automata is beautiful and I can definitely see how playing through a few times sounds like it would be weird/tedious but you'll never really get it until you actually play it and then it will all click. Let's just say I wouldn't exactly call it "Playing through the game multiple times"

TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
24-Mar-2019(#302)
Devil May Cry 5 Sony PlayStation 4 Pro - 9/10 - I'm on mission 13 and all I can say is hot damn. I'll never look at a motorcycle the same way again. This is possibly the best DMC game I've ever played.
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) Secret Santa
24-Mar-2019(#303)
TalonJedi87 wrote:
> Devil May Cry 5 Sony PlayStation 4 Pro - 9/10 - I'm on mission 13 and all I can say is hot damn.
> I'll never look at a motorcycle the same way again. This is possibly the best DMC
> game I've ever played.

Ha! Told you you wouldn't be disappointed!

Guru
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 16 Reviews
24-Mar-2019(#304)
This topic has new posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/post-scores...

Topic   Post your scores/reviews on recent titles you've obtained/been playing. raspberry