Welcome to The GameTZ Game Club! This is my attempt at forming an easy to get into book club type thing, but with games! Anybody and everybody is welcome to join in on the fun!
- Each month a random game will be chosen, by myself, for the club to play. Games can vary from the beginning of gaming onward to current generation platforms. There's no limitations!
- You have from the 1st of every month to 11:59PM EST of the final day to complete the designated game. 100% completion isn't required. The point of the club is to provoke game discussion, as well as give GameTZ veterans and new users a place to mingle!]
- For every game completed, post a picture as proof of your completion Example. This is essential in order to receive your badge and entry to the monthly raffle.
- You will be awarded with a badge each month you complete the game. All badges will be proudly displayed next to your name in the original post. As long as you "roll credits" the game is considered beaten!
- Some months will feature prizes! Every user to complete the game each month will be thrown into a drawing to win prizes! Users will be assigned a number and users will be randomly generated at some point the following month.
- Each month's prizes will vary. Prizes will be given out by either me or another member. Sometimes physical, sometimes digital. If you would like to contribute, drop me a message.
- If you don't own the game, and you have access to it on another platform, you're welcome to play it that way. Just make sure that it's the same version, to qualify for the prize or badge.
- If you do not want to participate in the games, but would like to join in on the conversations, please do!
- If you would like to join, just post here, and I'll add you to the list of users. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or criticism, please don't hesitate to post them!
February 2021: MediEvil image January 2021: Super Mario Galaxy image November 2020: Oddworld Abe's Odyssey image October 2020: Resident Evil 7 image September 2020: Batman: Arkham City image August 2020: Trover Saves The Universe image July 2020: Super Mario Land image June 2020: Untitled Goose Game image May 2020: Tacoma image April 2020: Last of Us image March 2020: Shovel Knight image February 2020: Portal 2 image December 2019: Outer Worlds image November 2019: Yooka-Laylee image October 2019: Resident Evil 2 (2019) image September 2019: Doom image August 2019: Steamworld Dig image July 2019: Journey image June 2019: Super Mario RPG image May 2019: Borderlands image April 2019: Adventure Island image
@Slickriven it doesn't... Since they did the Return To Arkham bundle, they opted out of the BC. I had purchased Batman:AC for my 360 but couldn't play it on my X1 when I decided to upgrade. I ended up buying the Return to Arkham bundle for the X1 to play this month.
5. No 6. Yes (Very good question Kommie) 7. Yes!!!
So cat's out of the bag. Game for next month is RE7. I had to pick a scary game, and it was between this, or an oldie (reserving for a future month). I started RE7 at launch and never got super far into it. I was expecting tons of scares, and it didn't happen for me.
I will be playing this on PS4 Pro with PSVR (for as long as I can stomach) in hopes that it ends up scaring/emersing me in more than my first attempt. I'm pretty sure I have a sealed Gold edition worth finally opening!
I picked up RE7 on a Steam sale a while back... been hoping it'd come around to the group. Will make every effort to get through it. Looks like it ranges from 10-20hrs to complete depending on a few factors.
I might not participate next month...RE series really isn't my bag, especially the more recent ones. I get going 'scary' for Halloween, but I don't like those types too much. It's all good, I've got plenty to play in the mean time.
Just finished Batman: Arkham City: https://imgur.com/gallery/9EaOEw5 (Watch out for spoilers in the pictures if you haven't finished the game yet.) Not bad. The floaty combat still wasn't my favorite, but I got better at it. Decent story and interesting boss battles. All in all a pretty solid pick that otherwise would have probably sat in my backlog for a long while.
If anyone wants to get RE7 for next month, MS is having a sale on the whole franchise, as well as the DMC and most of FF franchises as well. RE7 is on GP, but it's also down to $10, the 3 DLCs are $4, $6 and $6 respectively (for Banned Footage vol 1&2, and End of Zoe) and lastly the Gold edition is $20. So if you don't have GP, $20 for Gold is the best deal. Looks like the RE sale lasts another 5 days - prices are for XBL subs, not sure on how long the DMC or FF sales are going, likely the same timeframe.
I think I'm going to at least give it a shot next month since it's on GP. I think I was too quick to write it off earlier. Plus it seems to be short.
Haha. I had some of the same issues. I took a break right in the middle of that part @sinnie and forgot what button to use when I got back into it. Probably added an extra 20-30 minutes to my play time.
I got the hang of gliding pretty quickly. I thought the mechanics would be useful once I was back out in the hub again, but there are so many graupel points everywhere that extended gliding isn't really necessary.