VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   Xbox Series X/S Discussion Thread Microsoft Xbox One

bluemetal04
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
18-Jul-2020(#1)
This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/xbox-series...








Might as well get it started. Who's looking forward to it? I personally think that it could beat PS5, that is if they don't screw up. They need a basic UI, more first party titles, and focus only on gaming. They own the license to Rare games, we need to see new Conkers, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, etc. They did alright with Killer Instinct, I'll give them that, but they're sitting on a lot of games that needs remade, remastered, and sequels.
As far as I know, it's slightly more powerful than the PS5, which isn't a big deal. But what is a big deal is that it will come with more storage. XBSX will have 1TB, which I admit, is not much by today's standards. The PS5 will have 825GB, which is ridiculous. I'm guessing that the next gen games will be around 100gb or more in size on average. If that is the case, I expect the discs will be on 4k UHD blu-rays.
Slickriven
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
30-Mar-2021(#201)
I just finally gave Ryse a shot last night. It was part of the weekly tasks for some points and I've wanted to check it out for a good while. I only got through the first fight and brought Nero into his chamber - wanted to assassinate that horrible emperor. I think I'll put some more time into it though.

Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
30-Mar-2021(#202)
Lol yeah thats why I did it also.


Anxiouz
900 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
30-Mar-2021(#203)
Ryse is great if you don't have lofty expectations. There are a few annoying bits but overall I really enjoyed it.
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
30-Mar-2021(#204)
It definitely needed some more polish... The controls seem pretty awkward at times. But my biggest gripe is the is with the extremely limited bad guy models. According to the game they could not have been that uncivilized if they mastered cloning raspberry it is not a great game but it's decent.

I would like a part 2... but apparently that got nixed over a dispute with MS and fighting over who owns the property.





Slickriven
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
30-Mar-2021(#205)
The lack of character model diversity was glaringly noticeable for sure.

Anxiouz
900 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
30-Mar-2021(#206)
For a new system launch though...Ryse is better than average.
TalonJedi87
Triple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
2-Apr-2021(#207)
Narita Boy on Game Pass is a neat little 80s like Tron hack and slash sidescroller
Slickriven
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
6-Apr-2021(#208)
A good batch of games are coming to GP, including GTA5 coming back. Here's a link vs me copy/pasting a bunch.

https://www.slashgear.com/grand-theft-auto-v-retur...

SilverOwl
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Secret Santa
* 6-Apr-2021(#209)
What of I already own gta 5, lol doesn't leave much I'm interested in, for now and it seems I have previously already boght zombie army 4. I need to stop buying games I guess
Anxiouz
900 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
15-Apr-2021(#210)
I've been playing Borderlands 3 on the XSX recently, and it looks and plays really good. I usually lose interest in these games after awhile but so far I'm digging this. I love the aesthetic!
Anxiouz
900 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 22-Apr-2021(#211)
A bunch of EA games just got FPS Boost like Titanfall 2, SW:BF2. Going to give them a whirl tonight.

https://majornelson.com/fpsboost/
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
23-Apr-2021(#212)
Quick question... I bought a wireless headset and when I want to switch between it on my speakers do I have to go into the he audio settings everytime? Or is there a faster and more convenient way like on the PS4/5?








longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
23-Apr-2021(#213)
Finn wrote:
> Quick question... I bought a wireless headset and when I want to switch between it
> on my speakers do I have to go into the he audio settings everytime? Or is there
> a faster and more convenient way like on the PS4/5?
>
>
what's the "faster" way on PS5?
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
23-Apr-2021(#214)
If I have my headset on I hit the PlayStation button I believe and I can easily adjust the settings for sound. It feels like less steps... Though if I am not mistaken I believe it was even better on the PS4.

Just seems more awkward on the Xbox. I know I can have it set up so that sound comes from both and I can just turn off the headset... But if I am using the headset I don't want to have sound coming from speakers... And I have to hit the Xbox button go into settings audio and piss around in there... I could just mute the TV also but that just seems to mute everything.






longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
23-Apr-2021(#215)
I am now looking for a Xbox Series S if anyone has an idea.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
23-Apr-2021(#216)
Just set notifications for wario 64. I got one from MS store about a month ago. They were up at 2-3 places yesterday.
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
(frozen)
23-Apr-2021(#217)
The GamePass machine Xbox Series S seems way easier to get. Seen em a lot.
longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
23-Apr-2021(#218)
Ok well I'll keep trying.
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
23-Apr-2021(#219)
Finn wrote:
> If I have my headset on I hit the PlayStation button I believe and I can easily adjust
> the settings for sound. It feels like less steps... Though if I am not mistaken
> I believe it was even better on the PS4.
>
> Just seems more awkward on the Xbox. I know I can have it set up so that sound comes
> from both and I can just turn off the headset... But if I am using the headset I
> don't want to have sound coming from speakers... And I have to hit the Xbox button
> go into settings audio and piss around in there... I could just mute the TV also
> but that just seems to mute everything.
>
>

When you hit the xbox button to bring up the menu, highly and select the headphone icon. Just like on the PS5.
Bleed_DukeBlue
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
26-Apr-2021(#220)
Games with Gold for May 2021

Armello
Dungeons III
Lego Batman: The Video Game
Tropico 4
SwiftJAB
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
26-Apr-2021(#221)
Ways to kill XBL Gold
- Hike the price
- Appease the market of freemium players by removing the requirement for XBL Gold to play online for f2p titles
- Make the other incentives (like GwG) unappealing
- Make GPU more appealing with more exclusive titles being added
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
26-Apr-2021(#222)
It's the fact that much of what they're hyping has been available somewhere else for a while that turns me off. For Xbox exclusive gamers it's great- if you've got / had another platform- unappealing imho.
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
26-Apr-2021(#223)
Archer wrote:
> Finn wrote:
>> If I have my headset on I hit the PlayStation button I believe and I can easily
> adjust
>> the settings for sound. It feels like less steps... Though if I am not mistaken
>> I believe it was even better on the PS4.
>>
>> Just seems more awkward on the Xbox. I know I can have it set up so that sound
> comes
>> from both and I can just turn off the headset... But if I am using the headset
> I
>> don't want to have sound coming from speakers... And I have to hit the Xbox button
>> go into settings audio and piss around in there... I could just mute the TV also
>> but that just seems to mute everything.
>>
>>
>
> When you hit the xbox button to bring up the menu, highly and select the headphone
> icon. Just like on the PS5.

When I hit the Xbox button I do see an audio option but it tells me to use the headphones to control volume.... I don't see a headphone icon other then the indicator in the top left that's not something as quick and easy as the PS5... I have to be missing
selectable.

On the PS5 hit the PS button, go to sound and select what I want the PS5 to output to... 3 steps.

Right now on the Xbox I have to goto settings, select general, volume and audio output, speaker Audio then HDMI Audio off.

I know it's litteraly 2 more steps, but it feels damn awkward and not well thought out. To select these options seems like there is more "travel" to get there.

Again if I am missing something let me know, I would love a simpler way of doing this. I could take a pic of what I see if that helps.



Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
26-Apr-2021(#224)
Finn wrote:
> Archer wrote:
>> Finn wrote:
> |>> If I have my headset on I hit the PlayStation button I believe and I can easily
>> adjust
> |>> the settings for sound. It feels like less steps... Though if I am not mistaken
> |>> I believe it was even better on the PS4.
> |>>
> |>> Just seems more awkward on the Xbox. I know I can have it set up so that sound
>> comes
> |>> from both and I can just turn off the headset... But if I am using the headset
>> I
> |>> don't want to have sound coming from speakers... And I have to hit the Xbox button
> |>> go into settings audio and piss around in there... I could just mute the TV also
> |>> but that just seems to mute everything.
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> When you hit the xbox button to bring up the menu, highly and select the headphone
>> icon. Just like on the PS5.
>
> When I hit the Xbox button I do see an audio option but it tells me to use the headphones
> to control volume.... I don't see a headphone icon other then the indicator in the
> top left that's not something as quick and easy as the PS5... I have to be missing
>
> selectable.
>
> On the PS5 hit the PS button, go to sound and select what I want the PS5 to output
> to... 3 steps.
>
> Right now on the Xbox I have to goto settings, select general, volume and audio output,
> speaker Audio then HDMI Audio off.
>
> I know it's litteraly 2 more steps, but it feels damn awkward and not well thought
> out. To select these options seems like there is more "travel" to get there.
>
> Again if I am missing something let me know, I would love a simpler way of doing
> this. I could take a pic of what I see if that helps.
>
>
>
>

Hmm, I think I get the icon on the home button screen because I'm plugged into the controller (yep I just tested, without it plugged in there the icon does not even appear). So its just one screen for me. On both systems. I started doing that this gen (plugged directly into the controller).
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
27-Apr-2021(#225)
Archer wrote:
> Finn wrote:
>> Archer wrote:
> |>> Finn wrote:
>> |>> If I have my headset on I hit the PlayStation button I believe and I can easily
> |>> adjust
>> |>> the settings for sound. It feels like less steps... Though if I am not mistaken
>> |>> I believe it was even better on the PS4.
>> |>>
>> |>> Just seems more awkward on the Xbox. I know I can have it set up so that sound
> |>> comes
>> |>> from both and I can just turn off the headset... But if I am using the headset
> |>> I
>> |>> don't want to have sound coming from speakers... And I have to hit the Xbox
> button
>> |>> go into settings audio and piss around in there... I could just mute the TV
> also
>> |>> but that just seems to mute everything.
>> |>>
>> |>>
> |>>
> |>> When you hit the xbox button to bring up the menu, highly and select the headphone
> |>> icon. Just like on the PS5.
>>
>> When I hit the Xbox button I do see an audio option but it tells me to use the
> headphones
>> to control volume.... I don't see a headphone icon other then the indicator in
> the
>> top left that's not something as quick and easy as the PS5... I have to be missing
>>
>> selectable.
>>
>> On the PS5 hit the PS button, go to sound and select what I want the PS5 to output
>> to... 3 steps.
>>
>> Right now on the Xbox I have to goto settings, select general, volume and audio
> output,
>> speaker Audio then HDMI Audio off.
>>
>> I know it's literally 2 more steps, but it feels damn awkward and not well thought
>> out. To select these options seems like there is more "travel" to get there.
>>
>> Again if I am missing something let me know, I would love a simpler way of doing
>> this. I could take a pic of what I see if that helps.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> Hmm, I think I get the icon on the home button screen because I'm plugged into the
> controller (yep I just tested, without it plugged in there the icon does not even
> appear). So its just one screen for me. On both systems. I started doing that this
> gen (plugged directly into the controller).

Hmm, seems odd that MS would overlook wireless headphones, but I am sure they will fix it, they take feedback better then most.

I almost bought wired but I remember back about 3 years ago when I bought a wired one for the PS4, I though what the hell it's plugged into a wireless controller who needs wireless. Well I get home plug them in put them on and 30 seconds into playing COD WWII my cat put and cut right through the damn things. That cat is sadly no longer with us, but the Orange tabby we have now is just like the other guy! So I did not want to chance it.

It's not a deal breaker, but it's just a 1st world issue.






longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
2-May-2021(#226)
I can't hype NieR Replicant enough. This game is just as good as I'd hoped, actually better. Running on Series X it hasn't once dipped below 60fps that I can see and the performance is supposedly even better than PS5.

Combat is amazing, story is good, script is actually really really good, and overall it plays like a late PS4 game and you'd never tell it was originally PS3, they obviously did a ton of work.

And the soundtrack, well you already knew it was going to be incredible. Anyways definitely recommend and I'm glad I got the SX version.
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
4-May-2021(#227)
Game pass additions:

Available now

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Console and PC)

May 6th

FIFA 21 (Console and PC)
Outlast 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Steep (Cloud and Console)

May 13th

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Console and PC)
Just Cause 4 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Psychonauts (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Red Dead Online (Cloud and Console)
Remnant: From the Ashes (PC)


Leaving soon:

May 15th

Alan Wake (Console and PC)
DayZ (Console)
Dungeon of the Endless (Console and PC)
Final Fantasy IX (Console and PC)
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 (PC)
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
6-May-2021(#228)
i had heard they might be adding spotify premium for gamepass ultimate subs this week does anyone know if that happened i cant find anything about it

Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
6-May-2021(#229)
They did. But, just like last time, its only for new Spotify Premium subscribers. So if you've ever had it before, Spotify wont let you redeem it. I had that problem the last time they did this. I had a 7 day free trial of Premium a couple years ago. And they wouldn't let me use the GP 3 free months because of it.
longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
6-May-2021(#230)
Archer wrote:
> They did. But, just like last time, its only for new Spotify Premium subscribers.
> So if you've ever had it before, Spotify wont let you redeem it. I had that problem
> the last time they did this. I had a 7 day free trial of Premium a couple years ago.
> And they wouldn't let me use the GP 3 free months because of it.

I just started a new account and moved my playlists
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
6-May-2021(#231)
i just need a different email address to start a new one right? do i do it through xbox or spotify?


longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
6-May-2021(#232)
tonymack21 wrote:
> i just need a different email address to start a new one right? do i do it through
> xbox or spotify?
>
>
>
You open a new account thru spotify, then you use the code or link for the new account
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
6-May-2021(#233)
I guess I just don't care enough about a few ads while listening to music to bother with that. Spotify is no different than listening to the radio to me.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
6-May-2021(#234)
Archer wrote:
> I guess I just don't care enough about a few ads while listening to music to bother
> with that. Spotify is no different than listening to the radio to me.

They seem to be pretty rare and we haven't seemed to be getting shorted anything we want either.
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
(frozen)
7-May-2021(#235)
GameStop seems to have Series S in stock for anyone interested:

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/xbox-series-x...

Been up for awhile
Groo
600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
7-May-2021(#236)
Kommie wrote:
> GameStop seems to have Series S in stock for anyone interested:
>
>
> Been up for awhile

They had the 2 bundles up couple days but not long ago I signed on and you can get console only. I got to use my credits from system trades and $5 coupon from Pro. Still have enough for a PS5 if they ever get one.
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
(frozen)
7-May-2021(#237)
I keep reading developers are having issues with the Series S development... not sure how true it is. Wouldn't buy it over the Series X even if I was desperate for a GamePass machine
Groo
600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
7-May-2021(#238)
After going through my games from PS4 and Xbox One, I for sure prefer PS5 going forward BUT I am digitally invested in some Xbox and Gold 360 games so the Series S is going to be fine. If they had the X I would have picked it up but its not like the Digital PS5 and PS5 for me, no way the Digital PS5 works for me with all my PS4 games. I no longer have a Xbox One X or PS4 Pro. I saw I only had 9 Xbox to Xbox one games not Digital, and I put 8 in a bundle for sale. Only keeping Sid Meier's Pirates Xbox, have a 360 for it but will see if they have it digital too. Was much prettier on Xbox One X
Groo
600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
7-May-2021(#239)
Kommie wrote:
> I keep reading developers are having issues with the Series S development... not
> sure how true it is. Wouldn't buy it over the Series X even if I was desperate for
> a GamePass machine

When they were announced I did wish MS went the Sony route and made the same system minus disc. Drive, if they still wanted it cheaper then still do the 512 SSD. $350 would still be a nice sweet spot.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
7-May-2021(#240)
Series S is pissing me off. Daily issues with HDMI. Replaced it a few times and still. I need to contact support
Groo
600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
7-May-2021(#241)
Feeb wrote:
> Series S is pissing me off. Daily issues with HDMI. Replaced it a few times and still.
> I need to contact support

OMG can you cancel GS ordered or return to store for full credit if you don't open it?

Topic   Xbox Series X/S Discussion Thread Microsoft Xbox One