- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Shin Megami Tensei 5 - GTA 3, Elden Ring, Dark Souls Remastered - - Elden Ring, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3 - The Witcher 2 - OK Golf Unique Systems Covered:5/6 Total Games Beaten:10
- Hyrule Fantasy: Zelda no Densetsu (), The Legend of Zelda 2: Link no Bouken () - Bubble Bobble via - Final Fight 2 via - Kirby's Dream Land (), Kirby's Dream Land 2! (), Excite Truck, Ghost Squad, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode I: Homestead Ruiner, Excitebike World Rally - Parodius (), Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom, Super Mario Advance 4 SMB3 (), Dungeons & Dragons Shadow over Mystara, Yie Ar Kung-Fu II: The Emperor Yie-Gah () - Cat Girl Without Salad ~Amuse-Bouche~, Armored Warriors, Knights of the Round, Metal Slug: 1st Mission (), Twinkle Star Sprites (), Donkey Kong (*fm*), Super Dodge Ball (), Picross S (), Space Manbow (), Contra ( - via Contra Collection), Rolling Thunder (via Namco Museum Archives 2), Warriors of Fate Arcade (via Capcom Beat-em-up), Commander Keen in Keen Dreams: Definitive Edition - Yoshi's Cookie, Trax!, Wario Blast, Mole Mania, Yakuman - Pop'n Music GB Animation Melody, Pop'n Music GB, Pop'n Music GB Disney Tunes - Super Mario Advance - Tetris DS, The Oregon Trail, Maestro! Jump in Music!, Elite Beat Agents, Interactive Storybook DS Series 1, Utacchi!, Point Blank DS, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Style Savvy - Donkey Kong Jr (), 3D Classics Urban Champion, Super Mario Land (), Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe, NightSky, Maru's Mission (), Nintendo 3DS Guide: Louvre, 3D Altered Beast, Pazuru, Picross e9, Streets of Rage 3D, OutRun 3D (*ms*), Fantasy Zone 3D, The Super Shinobi II 3D (), Balloon Fight GB (), Super Mario Brothers (), 3D Sonic the Hedgehog, 3D Streets of Rage 2, Hako Boy!, Stretchmo, Pirate Pop Plus, Radirgy de Gojaru!, Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - - Winter Heat, 2Do Arukotowa Sandoahru - Fighting Vipers 2, Sega Marine Fishing - Pong via Pong: The Next Level, Rakugaki Showtime - Dynamite Deka (via Sega Ages) - Peggle, OutRun Online Arcade, ToeJam & Earl (), X-Men, NIGHTS into dreams..., Magic Orbz - Dangun Feveron, Peggle 2, Rescue Rangers (), Bound - Astro's Playroom - - image (Astro City) - image - Adventure (), Glass, Mysterious Stones Unique Systems Covered:19/23 Total Games Beaten:90
- - Metroid Dread, Minecraft Dungeons, Daemon x Machina, Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - - - - ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove, Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!, J-Stars Victory VS+, FF7 Remake, Spider-Man, InFamous Second Son - Resistance: Burning Skies, Super Skull Smash Go! 2 Turbo, Scourge Bringer, The Mooseman, A Winter's Daydream, Just Ignore Them, My Big Sister, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - - Hungry Cat Nonogram - - Unique Systems Covered:4/11 Total Games Beaten:20
- - - Broken Sword 5, Road 96, Sine Mora Ex, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Ocean's Heart, Kirby Star Allies, The Silver Case, The 25th Ward: The Silver Case, Triangle Strategy, Disco Elysium, Subsurface Circular, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Kirby and Mages of Mystralia, Gris, Ys Origin, Destiny Connect, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, The Caligula Effect 2, The Cruel King and the Great Hero, The Wild at Heart - - - - M.U.S.H.A. (via ), Alien Soldier - - - - image - - Unique Systems Covered:2/13 Total Games Beaten:22
- The Gunk, Hades, Archvale, Nobody Saves the World Unique Systems Covered:1/??? Total Games Beaten:4
- Shadowgate - Tetris Attack, Mickeys Ultimate Challenge, Star Fox - Star Fox 64 - - - Warioware Inc. () - Pokémon Legends Arceus - Magical Quest starring Mickey & Minnie, Mother 3, Golden Sun - - - - - Tales of Monkey Island - - - - - - Super Auto Pets, Shadowgate Unique Systems Covered:8/19 Total Games Beaten:13
- Mario Kart Double Dash, Super Monkey Ball - Catherine Full Body, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Kirby's Dreamland 3, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - - - - New Super Mario Bros, "Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors" - BoxBoy!, Mario vs. Donkey Kong- Minis March Again!, Putty Squad, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - - - - Evoland Unique Systems Covered:5/11 Total Games Beaten:14
- - 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan - Shadow of the Colossus, Yakuza: Like A Dragon, Deathloop, Katamari Damacy Reroll, Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Remastered, Uncharted: Lost Legacy Remastered, Ghost of Tsushima, Life is Strange: True Colors, Elden Ring, Slay the Spire - Guitar Hero 2, Rock Band (on Hard), Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero World Tour, Rock Band 3 - Kill It With Fire, Wildermyth, Stories: The Path of Destinies, Life is Strange: Before the Storm, The Last Day of June, Unpacking, Portal, Portal 2, Tetris Effect: Connected, Ring of Pain, A Mortician's Tale, Minit Racer, SUPERHOT, The Artful Escape, A Short Hike, Adventreu for a Bit, Bleed 2, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Northgard, Aven Colony - Accounting+ Unique Systems Covered:5/6 Total Games Beaten:40
- - - - - - - - - - - - - Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again - Yoshi's NEW Island, Mario Golf: World Tour - - - - *ggear* - Sonic Labyrinth - - - - Minecraft - - - - - - - - image - - Poker Night at the Inventory Unique Systems Covered:5/33 Total Games Beaten:6
- - - - Hitman 2, Spider-Man Remastered, Operation Tango, Kentucky Route Zero, Blue Fire, Celeste - Portal, Undertale, Clustertruck, My Friend Pedro, SUPERHOT - image - Assemble with Care - - - Unique Systems Covered:3/10 Total Games Beaten:12
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, Cruis'n Blast, Shin Megami Tensei V, Mario Galaxy, Yoshi's Crafted World, Bowser's Fury, Metroid Dread, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Kirby Forgotten Land, Death end Re:Quest 2 - - - - - Tales of Arise - - Dirt 5,Resident Evil REmake, Streets of Rage 4, Myst (2021 remake) - *iOS* - Epic Astro Story, Game Dev Story, Boxing Gym Story, Ninja Village Story, World Cruise Story, Forrest Camp Story Pocket 2+ - Adventure Island (), Kirby's Dreamland (), Earthbound Zero (), Donkey Kong Country (), Double Dragon (), Double Dragon II (), Double Dragon III (), Mega Man (), Mega Man 2 (), Mega Man 3 (), Kung Fu Master (), Castlevania (), Castlevania III (), Donkey Kong Jr. (), Castlevania Legends (), Kid Dracula (), Super Mario Land (), Kirby's Dreamland 2 (), Quest Fantasy Challenge () image - Ninja Baseball Batman, Warriors of Fate, Arcade N.A.R.C., Double Dragon II Unique Systems Covered:6/12 Total Games Beaten:44
- - - - - - - - - - - - - UN Squadron - - Unique Systems Covered:1/15 Total Games Beaten:1
- - - - - - - - - - Pokémon Legends: Arceus - - - - - - - - - - Spider-Man Remastered, Ghostwire Tokyo - - - - - - - - Unique Systems Covered:2/28 Total Games Beaten:3
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Unique Systems Covered:0/17 Total Games Beaten:0
- - Final Fantasy 4, Chrono Trigger - - - - - - - - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All, Dragon Quest IV - - - - - Skies of Arcadia, Gunbird 2, Mars Matrix, Puzzle Bobble 4, Mr. Driller - - Shining Tears, Shining Force EXA, .hack//G.U. Vol. 1//Rebirth, .hack//G.U. Vol. 2//Reminisce, .hack//G.U. Vol. 3//Redemption - - Elden Ring - - - - - - - Dark Souls Remastered Unique Systems Covered:7/26 Total Games Beaten:17
- - Dragon Age: Origins - Indigo Prophecy - Dragon Age: Inquisition, Grid Legends, Haven, Lake, Road 96, Hades - Unique Systems Covered:3/5 Total Games Beaten:8
- Legend of Zelda - - - - - - Bowser's Fury, Paper Mario Origami King - Orcs & Elves - - - - - - - Bloodstaind Ritual of the Night, Overcooked! 2 () - Doom Eternal, Back 4 Blood, Gran Turismo 7, Elden Ring image - - Might and Magic VI Mandate of Heaven - Shadows of Adam Unique Systems Covered:7/19 Total Games Beaten:12
- Metroid: Dread, Inside - - Out of This World, Alien Soldier - Heart of Darkness, Koudelka, Silent Hill 2, Shadow Hearts, Haunting Ground, Alien Hominid - Another World - Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Resident Evil Village, Elden Ring, Horizon Forbidden West, Bugsnax, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart - - - - Another World Unique Systems Covered:6/10 Total Games Beaten:18
- Mario Kart Double Dash, Mario Superstar Baseball - - Area 51 () - Manhunt, Dead or Alive 3, Elder Scrolls III Morrowind - Soul Calibur, Bully Scholarship Edition, Gin Rummy, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3, Fable 2, Call of Duty 2, Dead Rising 2 Case Zero, Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, Call of Duty World at War, MX vs. ATV alive, Dead Rising 2 Case West, Toy Story 3, Splinter Cell Conviction, Army of Two, Injustice Gods Among Us, Saints Row Gat Out of Hell, Spongebob Squarepants Truth or Square, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Generations, Skate 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Viva Pinata Party Animals, Fable Anniversary - Pacman, Monopoly Plus, Dead Rising, Power Rangers Battle for the Grid, Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2 Off the Record, Madden NFl '21, South Park: The Stick of Truth, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Zaccaria Pinball, Golf with your Friends, Paw Patrol Might Pups Save Adventure Bay, WWE 2k22, Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, Fallout 4, Dead Rising 3, Conkers Bad Fur Day (), Disneyland Adventures, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Dig Dug, Jurrasic World Evolution Unique Systems Covered:5/6 Total Games Beaten:53
- Contra (via Contra Anniversary Collection on ), Bucky O'Hare - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Power Stone - - - - - - - - - Dead or Alive Ultimate 1 - Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - - - King of Fighters '97, Strikers 1945 Plus - - - Unique Systems Covered:5/33 Total Games Beaten:7
- - - Metroid: Dread - - Fire Emblem Awakening - Good Knight Story Unique Systems Covered:3/6 Total Games Beaten:3
- Paper Monsters Recut - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Resident Evil 5, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered, A Short Hike, The Rusty Sword: Vanguard Island - - Moving Out, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, We Were Here, We Were Here Too, Little Nightmares II - Here They Lie - Portal, Portal 2, Crysis, Batman: Arkham Origins, 11-11 Memories Retold, Hell Yeah!: Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, Mirror's Edge, The First Tree, Oxenfree, Araya, Serious Sam 2 Unique Systems Covered:5/7 Total Games Beaten:24
- Castlevania 2 Simon's Quest, Clash at Demonhead, Mega Man 4 - Mega Man X - Batman Return of the Joker - - - - - - Kirby's Dream land - Elmo in Grouchland - Donkey Kong - - - Micky's Ultimate Challenge - - - - - - - - - Vampire Survivor, Donut Country, Noita - Race for the Galaxy Unique Systems Covered:9/24 Total Games Beaten:13
- - - Elden Ring - Unique Systems Covered:1/4 Total Games Beaten:1
- - Panel de Pon via - Soul Calibur II, Yoshi's Cookie via Nintendo Puzzle Collection, Panel de Pon - - Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom, Dungeons & Dragons Shadow over Mystara - Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu!, Ristar the shooting star (), Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Kirby and the Forgotten Land - Trax - - Drill Dozer - Kirby Super Star Ultra - 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure - - - - - ToeJam & Earl () - - Astro's Playroom - - image (Astro City) - image - Unique Systems Covered:10/22 Total Games Beaten:16
- Ninja Gaiden, Contra - - Banjo-Kazooie - - - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - Metroid Dread, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Kirby and the Forgotten Land - - - - Pokemon Black - - - - - - - - image - Unique Systems Covered:4/20 Total Games Beaten:9
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Who Shot Johnny Rock? - - - - - - - - A Way Out - - - - - - - - - - - Mutant Rampage Bodyslam - - Barbie - Everhood Unique Systems Covered:5/40 Total Games Beaten:5
- - NBA JAM, Kirby Super Star - - - - - - - - - - Apocalypse - Vampire Night - - Spider-Man - - Sine Mora, Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Deedlit in Wonder Labrynth: RoLW, Q.U.B.E. 2 - The Pedestrian, The Medium, Outriders, Gorogoa, N4S:Hot Pursuit Remastered, Firewatch, Tunic, Guardians of the Galaxy - - - Fury Unleashed, Gris - The Hunt for the Lost Ship, Angry Bird Journey, Monster Killer Pro, Tap Away, The Room - The Darkside Dective: A Fumble in the Dark, Kemono Heroes, Kaze and the Wild Masks image - Hook, TMNT Arcade, Thunder Cross Unique Systems Covered:11/25 Total Games Beaten:30
- WarBirds - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Donkey Kong Country, Super Return of the Jedi - - Conker's Bad Fur Day - Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Chibi-Robo! Plug Into Adventure!, Super Smash Bros. Melee - Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix (), Fantasy Zone, Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa, Link's Crossbow Training, Bonanza Bros. (), Super Fantasy Zone (), Star Fox 64 (), Doc Louis's PUNCH-OUT!!, Super Smash Bros. - Pokkén Tournament, Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Rhythm Heaven Fever - Mega Man 8, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (), Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Wild Guns Reloaded, PAC-MAN 99, Star Fox (), Mega Man 10, The Legend of Zelda 2 Rinku no Bōken (), Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Cuphead, Joe & Mac (), Tetris 99, SEGA AGES Fantasy Zone, Donkey Kong 3 (), Castlevania (), Kirby and the Forgotten Land!, Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (), Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (), Donkey Kong (), Wild Guns (), Panzer Dragoon: Remake, Super Mario Bros. (), Donkey Kong Jr. (), ARMS, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - The Legend of Zelda Game & Watch, Vermin (Zelda), Ball (Mario), Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - Game & Watch Gallery 3 (), Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble (), Shrek: Fairy Tale Freakdown (), Kirby's Dream Land (), Super Mario Land () - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (), Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Slide Adventure MAGKID - PRI PRI PRIMITIVE PRINCESS! (), Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, New Super Mario Bros. 2 Coin Rush, Ultimate NES Remix, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, 3D Fantasy Zone II W, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Excave III: Tower of Destiny, 6x1≠UNLIMITED?, Star Fox 64 3D, Super Smash Bros., Kirby Fighters Deluxe, Battleground Z, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Mii Force, Mario Picross 2 () - Global Gladiators, Castlevania Bloodlines - Fantasy Zone Gear, Virtua Fighter Animation - Smash TV - - Viva Pińata, SoulCalibur II, Sneak King - Insaniquarium image - Unique Systems Covered:17/19 Total Games Beaten:84
- No More Heroes III, Panzer Paladin - - - - Hitman 3, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, FIST Forged in Shadow Torch - Star Wars Revenge of the Sith (), The Gunk, F.E.A.R. (), F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin (), F.3.A.R. (), Aliens Fireteam Elite, Werewolf The Apocalypse Earthblood, Death's Door, Nobody Saves The World, Alan Wake Remastered, *Chorus - Unique Systems Covered:3/7 Total Games Beaten:16
- Double Dare - Sailor Moon - - - - - Fire Emblem 8 Sacred Stones - Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem - - V.R.Fighter 2 Vs. Tekken 2 - - - - - - - 13 Sentinels - Horizon Forbidden West - - - - - - College Kings, Once in a Lifetime, STWA: The Author Unique Systems Covered:8/24 Total Games Beaten:10
- Super Street Fighter II - Yoshi's Crafted World, Knights of the Round (via Capcom Beat 'Em Up), The King of Dragons (via Capcom Beat 'Em Up), Armored Warriors (via Capcom Beat 'Em Up), Final Fight (via Capcom Beat 'Em Up), Captain Commando (via Capcom Beat 'Em Up), Battle Circuit (via Capcom Beat 'Em Up) - Super Mario land, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 - - Altered Beast, Alien Storm, Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, Columns, Cyber Police E-SWAT, Golden Axe, Golden Axe II, Golden Axe III, Super Thunder Blade, Sonic The Hedgehog, Bonanza Bros., Streets of Rage, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Flicky, Comix Zone, VectorMan 2, Sonic 3D Blast, Streets of Rage 3, Vectorman, Streets of Rage 2, Sonic Spinball, Ecco: The Tides of Time, Kid Chameleon, DecapAttack, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Fatal Labyrinth, Ristar, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Ecco the Dolphin, Shinobi III, Beyond Oasis - Bioshock 2, G-Force, Puss In Boots, Little Big Planet 2, Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, Red Dead Redemption - Sackboy, Concept Destruction, Coffin Dodgers, The Sheep P, Racing - Breakthrough Gaming Arcade (3 and 4 player co-op modes), Gutwhale, Deponia, Sun WuKong Vs. Robot, Elden Ring, Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour, Super Weekend Mode, FullBlast, Rogue Cube, UltraGoodness 2, Hero Trials, Knightin'+, Paradox Soul, Virtuous Western, My Name is Mayo, My Name is Mayo 2, Bouncy Bullets 2, Little Big Planet 3, Cybxus Heart - In Rays of the Light, Santa's Workshop, Tormented Souls, Horizon Zero Dawn, Elden Ring, Virtuous Western, Bunny Raiders, Astro's Playroom - Lost Dimension, My Name is Mayo - Megamind: Ultimate Showdown, Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal, Puss in Boots, Kung fu Panda 2, The Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole Returns - Again!, Open Season, Night at the Museum, Bolt, Rango, Shrek the 3rd, Shrek Forever After, Ice Age 3, TMNT, Turtles in Time RS, Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks, Lego Star Wars II - Halo 3 (via MCC), R.C. Pro-Am (via Rare Replay), R.C. Pro-Am II (via Rare Replay), Killer Instinct Gold, Blast Corps, FoxyLand, Foxyland 2, Gears of War - Portal, Portal 2 Unique Systems Covered:11/12 Total Games Beaten:107
1. Have fun 2. Beat games - proof NOT required via an image, but lying is lame and you won't 'win' anything for beating the most games 3. IF you are interested in badges, when you beat a game for 1, include something like 'Counts towards badge X' OR 'Earns me badge X, first game was Y' 4. IF you don't care about badges, then I will not be handing them out 5. No monthly leaderboards will exist in '22, I will post in the thread maybe around mid month and after month's end the top 5 or so participants 6. DLC generally doesn't count towards badges and any 1 game can only count towards a single badge
ICONS & BADGES
- 50% of systems covered, - 100% of systems covered, - 0 games beat, - 5 games beat, - 10 games beat (additional gold stars for 20, 30, 40, 60, etc), - 50 games beat, - 100 games beat, - 150 games beat, - top user in systems completed, - top user in games beaten, - badge leader
Badges, note 2 games required for each
2nd Amendment: beat 2 FPS or 3rd Person Shooters Bear & Bird: beat 2 3D platformers and/or collect-a-thons BFFL: beat 2 primarily cooperative games (with a friend) - online or couch Bo Knows: beat 2 sports games - complete a single season Cross the Streams: beat 2 cross-over games like: Mario & Sonic, Street Fighter x Tekken, etc Destroy the Core: beat 2 SHMUP's Girly Power: beat 2 games with female leads OR targeted towards children or feminine audiences Grown-Ass Man: beat 2 challenging games Guybrush Threepwood: beat 2 games from the point-&-click, text adventure, or walking simulator genres Heavy Machine Gun: beat 2 run n' gun games Hyrulian Hero: beat 2 action/adventure titles, similar to the Zelda franchise JRPG: beat 2 JRPGs Metroidvania: beat 2 open ended 2D platformers that focus on backtracking Ninja Gayden: beat 2 3D hack-and-slash titles Now You're Playing with Plastic: beat 2 games using non-standard controllers (Light-Gun, musical instrument, steering wheel, dance-pad, etc) Pile Drivin': beat 2 belt-scrolling brawler/beat 'em ups Puzzler: beat 2 puzzle games Quarter Muncher Card: beat 2 games from the pinball, classic arcade or card battle genres Quest for Peace: beat 2 predominately superhero focused titles Raccoon City: beat 2 survival horror games Race Drivin': beat 2 racing games Sasori Vader: beat 2 games in the Star Wars or overall space universes Shining Ogre Fire Tactics: beat 2 strategy titles, tactical RPGs, RTS, etc Street Fightin': beat 2 1-on-1 fighters - beat standard arcade mode with 2+ characters OR beat 10+ match story mode Super Mayrio Platform: beat 2 platforming games, similar to the core Mario titles Vault Boy: beat 2 open world and/or Western RPGs You're Winner: beat 2 games with <55 review OR user score on Metacritic, or justify how your game sucked
@SupremeSarna inspired me to get out the old GB and play SMB. A couple a quick games that wont earn me badges, but I'm falling behind on the clears. Might do some trophy trash games after I finish Wario Land tonight.
I guess I get to add to my systems list.
Super Mario land Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
I beat Castlevania Bloodlines . My favorite of the retro Castlevanias, but it does come with that classic Castlevania frustration. I had to replay the whole game after reaching Dracula because my password saved me with no lives and no continues--try fighting six bosses and a short stage with only one life (or two if you manage to break a specific candle over a pit; not so easy to nab). [imgt]https://i.imgur.com/AFLZW9b_d.webp?maxwidth=640&sh...[/imgt]
I beat some more games, WithinTemptation. -Star Fox 64 3D -ARMS . Used Min Min and Master Mummy. -Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS . Used Cloud and Ryu. -Kirby Fighters Deluxe . Used Beetle and Whip. This earns me Girly (Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby Fighters Deluxe), but hey, Kirby's worth it. -Doc Louis's PUNCH-OUT!! -Super Smash Bros. (originally N64). Used Kirby and Link.
@SupremeSarna me too, been at it all day playing the Sega Genesis collection. There is 28 potential clears there (not going to play the Phantasy Star games), I'll update the post in a few hours when I get a few more cleared but I'll list a few just to take a break.
Can I count these for the ? It would be cool to add that to my systems list. But I'm not playing them on the
Altered Beast Alien Storm Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle Columns (I got a little over 31K on easy mode, I'm calling that a clear. This game is really hard!) Cyber Police E-SWAT Golden Axe Golden Axe II Golden Axe III Super Thunder Blade Sonic The Hedgehog Bonanza Bros. Streets of Rage
I really love how you can save the game at any time in the collection. Some of these would be near impossible (at least for me) without a save to fall back on. Even on easy with 7 lives Super Thunder Blade was hard. I can say no way I'd beat that without making backup saves.
Looks like we might reach 1000+ clears between us easy. You just reminded me that fighting games are easy clears. I originally just played them for the badge. I don't really like them, I used to long ago so I have several. I'll have to break them out for some clears when I'm finished with this genesis collection.
E-SWAT is a game that reminds me allot of what gaming was like back in the NES days. I don't feel very smart after playing this game. It took me forever to figure out you need to press up/down while jumping to reach some ledges. I was honestly stuck on the first level and had to look up a video. I'm not sure how you are supposed to know that it even possible. Then I got stuck again on the second level not knowing you could walk behind the bars. This game is really good though. Makes me wish I had this game and a Genesis as a kid. Once you get your suit and better weapons the game really gets fun.
I applaud your dedication, @WithinTemptation . I've burned through most of my sub-1h games, and I don't want to beat games I played last year just to reach a high number. I'll keep beating games, but only the ones I feel inspired to play for intrinsic reasons. Still working some quirky games I won't name... (Wubba-dubba-dubba, zat true?)
> I applaud your dedication, @WithinTemptation . I've burned through most of my sub-1h
> games, and I don't want to beat games I played last year just to reach a high number.
> I'll keep beating games, but only the ones I feel inspired to play for intrinsic
> reasons. Still working some quirky games I won't name...
> (Wubba-dubba-dubba, zat true?)
This has been fun. I wouldn't be playing most of this stuff for clears had you and Ben not been setting the bar so high. I like the competition. I've been mostly playing "new" stuff, and by new meaning not beaten in the last few years. I think pretty much every 360 game I cleared I had beaten at least once before in the past. So it was much easier to speed run them since I was familiar already. Some of the quick trophy trash stuff I did beat last year but since I didn't participate last year I figured I could use the clears.
I am also working on longer games myself, but your recent clears made me put them on pause. lol.
Just beat Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and am still watching the credit roll.
This game is stupid hard and the only reason I beat it is because I'd just keep continuing until my opponent randomly failed. Stage 13 you would need to be super human. It moves so fast I cant see how anyone can actually play. I just filled up the columns as long as I possibly could and Dr. Robotnik strangely had 1 single column fill up in the middle of the screen. Even doing that it was really difficult to even fill the far right column. But I dont care, seen the credit roll. lol
I definitely thought Columns was the better of these type of games in the collection.
@WithinTemptation @SupremeSarna You 2 are trying to drive me nuts, right? 34 clears in April for Sarna and 40 for WT - what was once seemingly a @benstylus runaway lead has now been tied by WT and SS is within a TD w/extra point (BS: 81, WT: 81, SS: 74)
WT, traditionally emulated or game collection titles only would count for their original console if you actually own that original console. So if you own a then those dozen or so could count for it, if not they would be counted under the actual console you beat them on, guessing (correct me if I'm wrong) and would get the () bit added, like many of Sarna's and other's clears. And I'm counting the Bean Machine for April, even if you technically beat in May based on your post's timestamp.
SS - I'm a bit hesitant to count Kirby Fighters Deluxe for Girly. I agree with sailorneorune's suggestion of making Kirby, in general, a Girly candidate but a fighting game doesn't fit the nature of that badge - just like if there was a Barbie fighter that shouldn't count. I know you like Kirby titles and maybe already have a 2nd Kirby that could count? Let me know.
10th of April (beat it yesterday), 24th overall, 1st Vampire Night Get's me halfway on Plastic badge
Back in college I used some of my disposable income to pick up a few GunGon2 games like this (complete with a GC2), Time Crisis 2 (also w/GC2), Time Crisis 3, Crisis Zone, Ninja Assault and RE: Dead Aim. I really enjoyed these back then and last year after setting up a lovely CRT in my basement I beat the 3 TC series games. So it was time to try the other 3. Back in the day I surely recall playing VN the most of those 3 other titles, in fact I never played RE:DA as I got it later on and wasn't into GC2 games by then. I actually sought to play RE:DA first yesterday and wasn't a fan as it's basically OG RE (with tank controls) and then you can use the GC2 to go into a 1st person view and shoot zombies. But using the weak d-pad on the back of the GC2 was painful. I switched to the standard controller to try to move around before setting it down and grabbing the GC2 to shoot, but I was attempting to stand for all of this, so it was a mess. I gave up pretty quickly on that and switched to VN.
I fondly recalled the early stages of VN, but before long it pleasantly felt brand new and I actually didn't recall some of the later stages at all. Maybe I never beat it back then, but I know I played it co-op a decent amount, so who knows. It was fun and while I had some 9 hits enabled before a continue and credit was required, I did beat it while only using 4 continues, so around 40-ish hits, which felt pretty good since I didn't recall most of the later game boss attack patterns or whatnot. Speaking of bosses, the later stages felt more like a boss rush as there was not a lot of each stage devoted to standard foes and I surely spent more time and bullets fighting the bosses. Wow, was the writing and voice acting super bad in this - it was comical how the delivery and writing was just.... bad - it's almost worth looking up someone's YT playthrough to witness yourselves.
I think I'll move onto Ninja Assault next/soon as I do recall not playing much of it either, so it should be a mostly new experience as well.
@Slickriven Then I've at least earned Bo Knows (Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, Doc Louis's PUNCH-OUT!!). I'll play Kirby Mass Attack in June, so I'll get that badge back before long. EDIT: Like @sailorneorune said, Viva Pinata will do fine. I played that one because a female friend of mine recommended it, so Girly checks out there.
> @WithinTemptation @SupremeSarna You 2 are trying to drive me nuts, right? 34 clears
> in April for Sarna and 40 for WT - what was once seemingly a @benstylus runaway lead
> has now been tied by WT and SS is within a TD w/extra point (BS: 81, WT: 81, SS:
> WT, traditionally emulated or game collection titles only would count for their original
> console if you actually own that original console. So if you own a then
> those dozen or so could count for it, if not they would be counted under the actual
> console you beat them on, guessing (correct me if I'm wrong) and would get
> the () bit added, like many of Sarna's and other's clears. And I'm counting
> the Bean Machine for April, even if you technically beat in May based on your post's
> SS - I'm a bit hesitant to count Kirby Fighters Deluxe for Girly. I agree with sailorneorune's
> suggestion of making Kirby, in general, a Girly candidate but a fighting game doesn't
> fit the nature of that badge - just like if there was a Barbie fighter that shouldn't
> count. I know you like Kirby titles and maybe already have a 2nd Kirby that could
> count? Let me know.
I do own a but only have like 3 games left. So I didn't add it to my list. And at the time I had no intentions of playing it. Sonic 2 and Sonic & Knuckles are 2 of the games I own. They are also in the collection. I'll be clearing Sonic 2 for sure. Haven't decided if I'll complete both.
First clear of this month Flicky
This games is really fun and addicting. It must be good if I'm taking time to comment on it. It might be my favorite from the collection, though there are a few others I really enjoyed like E-Swat and Bonanza Brothers. Its another fun but actually hard game. Controls take a bit of getting used to, which was the hardest part. Once I figured you you can actually knock the cats out with the objects they leave for you in each level it was so much easier. But not so easy that I didn't save my game every few levels. I like this enough I might try and buy a cart only.
I'll admit I used the invincibility code on the jukebox. This is a very neat title, even today I haven't seen anything like this done before. You jump from each scene in a comic book and fight through it. I thought it was cool you can even fart. This was another game I wish there was a manual as it took far took long to figure out some things. I'd love to see a similar style game made on today's hardware.
@WithinTemptation I get why you didn't list your - I was hesitant to list my N64, DC and GameGear for the same reasons basically. But with emulation I have played a few games for them in the past few years. I only ever owned like 3-4 games for each. Since you have cleared so many for the Gen and you do own it, I'm good with putting them onto that console since playing a collection release like that is hardly different vs. playing ROMs.
@SupremeSarna Girly has changed some yes - what was originally created by AntiPop for Scott after he beat like 5+ Barbie games has changed to include female protagonists (like Life is Strange, Mirror's Edge, even Tomb Raider) but SailorNeoRune brought up a point I liked about Kirby in that those titles could count as they were targeted towards a kid or female audience. I counted a Strawberry Shortcake game for it last year.
Help me clarify what you're counting your Kirby games for, since you had listed Forgotten Land earning Bear & Bird with Conker... or maybe I made that assumption? I won't give you either Bear & Bird, nor Girly until we square this away, thanks.
I could be on board for changing Girly's name as I would not want to be considered sexist and the scope of the badge has indeed changed overall. Having a new icon to go with it might not hurt either.
That took me well over an hour <sigh>, wasn't helped by so many clears from @WithinTemptation and @SupremeSarna in the past few days, but also updating badges and consoles and those leaderboards.... oh well. For April's leaderboard, those 2 went nuts, each clearing in the month more games than 34 members have total on the year... 1. 40 - WithinTemptation 2. 34 - SupremeSarna 3. 10 - BenStylus & Slickriven 5. 9 - LegendRko25 6. 5 - Bleed_DukeBlue, Buster4252, DemonAlcohol
At this rate the seemingly lofty 150 clears from Sarna in '21 will be obliterated. But outside of the top 3 we might be ever so slightly down on pace. After 4 months in '21 we had 5 more clears vs. this year (649 to 644) but nobody was over 60 clears. There were 8 folks, out of 30, who had 35+ clears. This year we only have 6 folks north of 35 clears, out of 40... <shrug> #NotComplaining Also in '21, May was the last month north of 130 total clears of the year. The next 3 months barely got above 100, then 2 months of low 80's followed by 2 in the low 90's to close out the year. So far this year is pretty similar, with a strong Jan, then the next 3 months were 137-155. Will be interesting to see if '22 trends like '21 did.
Playing all these old games the last few days really reminds me of half the challenge back in the day was actually having to figure things out yourself. No internet to help you out. The first thing I'd do when I had to go to the store with my parents was run to the magazine section and read through all the game magazine looking for hints/codes for games I owned. I sent a few things I found myself in, but nothing ever got published.
@WithinTemptation Consider that badge earned then as those 2 sound like good candidates to me.
Yeah if you like games that give you no help, then try out Tunic - I've been playing it the past week+ and I love some aspects as it feels like an isometric original Zelda, but it does almost zero to help you out. I've resisted going to the interwebs for hints or whatever, but I have followed a guy's YT walkthrough - almost solely to sort out strategies for some of the bosses as they can be brutal. I've noticed he's playing an older version with slightly different attacks from some bosses and foes. But impressively he's not searched like I have for pickups and hidden stuff - of which there are plenty, b/c I have a bunch more things vs. him. But again I'm largely playing myself and skipping forward if I get stuck/frustrated facing a boss usually and then go back to his video. I've struggled my way though lots of things and what's a big tie in to what you said about 'figuring things out yourself' is that the game has some pickups that are 2-sided pages of what feels like a era manual, BUT upwards of 75% of it's written in a Hieroglyphics like text, so you have to rely on images or some of the English that's sprinkled in, also there's some pen markings that seem to be from a prior owner in the margins and such - it's a cool way to slowly drip out info on the game, but also annoying with so much still missing context. The game is solid and if some sections weren't infuriating or if the manual could be updated to show things you learned, then I'd give it a 10/10, but those 2 things hurt it really bad and caused me to take a break for a while as I wanted to snap my controller in half after facing the current situation I'm at as it's a bit like a gauntlet of foes and you're in a lowered state of health that seemingly fully ignores the upgrades you purchased/applied already.
I really liked these games. Not something I'd play allot now days, but these two would have been amazing to own as a kid. I would have played them allot back then. Sonic 3D Blast was totally not what I was expecting, but that turned out to be a good thing. I thought the controls were bad, but the game was good enough I could look past it. As a bonus your saving that Flicky bird and his friends from one of the other games I really liked in this collection. He seems to be in several of the Sonic games now that I think about it. Never knew how much he was involved in the sega world back in the day playing Sonic 2 and freeing them after a boss.
>> Playing all these old games the last few days really reminds me of half the challenge
>> back in the day was actually having to figure things out yourself. No internet
>> help you out. The first thing I'd do when I had to go to the store with my parents
>> was run to the magazine section and read through all the game magazine looking
>> hints/codes for games I owned. I sent a few things I found myself in, but nothing
>> ever got published.
> Sounds like a more complicated, delayed version of Googling the solution.
You're too young to understand since I assume you grew up with internet readily available. And it was nowhere near as good as googling. I had a few games I was just plain stuck on despite playing them over and over again. We would always get to a point were we didn't know what to do next. I should break those games out and finally beat them. One of those being Legacy of the Wizard. I discussed it a few years back in the RTT thread and they gave me some ideas. I think I last played it before you were even born so I can't remember how far I got, but I do know we would just be running in circles at one point. What was told is you needed different characters to do things and I honestly dont remember if we knew that or not, but it seems like why we might not have been able to advance.