Vintage_Games

Topic   RTT Nintendo Entertainment System NEC PC Engine Duo-R Sega Mega Drive (Japan) Sega Saturn Sega Dreamcast Sega CD Nintendo 64 Sega Master System PlayStation PlayStation 2 Famicom Disk System

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 850 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 11-Aug-2016(#1)
image Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Retro Trade Thread Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall image

Let's Play Together! - January
Sega Genesis Streets of Rage

Let's Play Together! - December
Sega Mega Drive (Europe) Pulse Man

Who's On?
BleedingViolet GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
BloodPuppetX GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
image Dashey GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
DefaultGen GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
image DiamondDave GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
dunno001 GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (35 seconds ago)
ErickRPG GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
FrictionPin GameTZ Gold Subscriber Gold Good Trader
Gredler Double Gold Good Trader
GreenCard200 Bronze Good Trader
Gypsy GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
JD GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
jsoncip38 GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
image image Lunar GameTZ Gold Subscriber 850 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Kevster GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
Missile Gold Good Trader
Noid Gold Good Trader
PlayYing GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
Rune_Walsh GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
image sharif GameTZ Gold Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
sailorneorune GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
Snatcher Silver Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
Tad GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13)
tonymack21 GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews
Wheels617 GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
WithinTemptation Quadruple Gold Good Trader

Custom Icons - Right click on image, copy image address, use img tags with {} or []
image image image image image

new Thread Description
Wow, can't believe it's been more than a year since we started RTT. I feel like we have become a community of our own within GameTZ. We have our regulars and even some new comers. I hope 2018 brings us more like-minded retro gamers who will come here for a place of retro inspiration. When I started Retro Trade Thead (RTT), it was called "The Retro Trading Thread", kinda like how FB was "The Facebook", heh, I was just hoping for a group of retro gamers who share the passion and the thrill of collecting and playing Retro games. The result so far has exceeded my expectations and more. I am playing more retro games than ever and while my collecting is on and off, I know I have been enjoying more retro gaming in 2017 than my previous 5 years combined. I hope RTT members have similar experiences. 2018 will be an even better year, as we have established group events like RTT Secret Santa and our monthly Game of the Month, which is getting more popular as more people participate. I am hoping to bring RTT Podcast in 2018 where 2-3 RTT members will talk about monthly topics and other aspects of retro collecting.

Retro game buying and selling, collecting, playing, collectarding, upscaling, speedrunning....whatever your retro passion is, RTT will have a place for you and for everyone who participates in our discussions, whether occasionally or frequently, will continue to find value and fun in our thread.

Thank you for participating and making RTT the hottest topic every month in 2017!

Old Topic Description


This thread was originally created to encourage traders here at GTZ to do more trading, especially retro related stuff. It has turned into a lot more and I am so grateful to everyone who contributed to this thread and have kept it going for nearly 6 months now. I hope this thread will continue to thrive and everyone who reads/participates in this thread will gain some value or knowledge out of it.

We will still have Trade lists up here, though it's been a while since anyone updated. I encourage everyone to look over their lists and post updates.
There is also a section for gorgeous pictures of game rooms that active participants of this thread have shared. Feel free to share some pics of your collection or game room.
I will be adding another section for information regarding video quality of retro gaming systems on modern displays and how to improve them.
There is rather some extensive discussion regarding how to improve the display quality of retro gaming systems and if you are new to this like I am, you will find it very informative.

Old Old Topic Description


GTZ has become a marketplace where the most commonly traded commodity is PayPal. I want to start an effort to get some trades going and to discuss some good games perhaps you never heard of or interested in but want to discover/know more of. For example, I just got intto shmups after years of ignoring the genre and I love to discover new(to me) and rediscover old ones(Sonic Wings comes to mind).

No pressure here. Feel free to discuss anything retro. Perhaps throw out some WTTF targets and what you have to offer. I am sick of browsing people's year old Available lists.

Some examples:

- WTTF/WTB/LF
- What you think is awesome game/series/whatever
- Potential games you have up for trade
- Pics of what you have/what you would love to get/what you think is the bestest awesomest game ever
- Show off your latest finds/adds to your collection

3rd Generation: Nintendo Entertainment System Famicom Sega Master System Atari
4th Generation: Super Nintendo Super Famicom Sega Genesis Mega Drive (Japan) Sega CD Sega Mega CD NEC TurboGrafx-16 NEC PC Engine Neo Geo CD-i (Compact Disc Interactive)
5th Generation: PlayStation Sega Saturn Nintendo 64 3DO Sega 32X Virtual Boy Atari Jaguar NEC PC-FX
6th Generation: PlayStation 2 Sega Dreamcast Microsoft Xbox Nintendo GameCube
Handheld: PlayStation Portable Game Boy Game Boy Color Game Boy Advance Nintendo DS Game Gear Nokia N-Gage Atari Lynx

Info on Improving the Quality of Video Output For Retro Systems on Modern Displays
Coming Soon

In the meantime , check out:

My Experience with Upscaling (DVDO Processors)
https://www.youtube.com/user/mylifeingaming

Reference Links
http://retrorgb.com/
http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/

Retro Resources
The PC Engine Bible
Neo Geo Master List
Famicom Game List

Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall



Let's Play Together!


Sega Genesis Streets of Rage - January 2018
Sega Mega Drive (Europe) Pulse Man - December 2017
Super Nintendo Mega Man X - November 2017
Nintendo Entertainment System Monster in My Pocket - October 2017
Nintendo Entertainment System Castlevania - September 2017
Nintendo Entertainment System Ninja Gaiden - August 2017


Games Beat in 2018

Lunar's Completed Games in 2018

Sega Mega Drive (Europe) Pulse Man (1-1-18)


Lunar's Completed Games in 2017

Sega CD Lords of Thunder (2-3-17)
PlayStation 2 Mushihimesama (2-15-17)
Sega Saturn X-Men vs. Street Fighter (2-17-17)
Neo Geo Sonic Wings 3 (4-17-17)
NEC PC Engine NEC CD-ROM 2 Red Alert (5-16-2017)
NEC PC Engine NEC CD-ROM 2 Seirei Senshi Spriggan (5-17-2017)
PlayStation Portable Neo Geo Heroes: Ultimate Shooting (5-19-2017)
Sega Saturn Street Fighter Alpha (6-3-2017) w/Ryu on 4 Stars
image Arcade Gears Wonder 3 (7-24-2017)
Nintendo Switch Kamiko (7-30-2017) w/Yamato
Nintendo Switch Kamiko (7-30-2017) w/Uzume
PlayStation 4 Root Letter (7-31-2017) Crossing Paths Ending
Nintendo Switch Kamiko (8-4-2017) w/Hinome
Super Famicom Ghost Sweeper Mikami (8-7-2017)
Super Famicom Final Fight (8-13-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Ninja Gaiden (8-14-2017) Clear Time - 1:27
Nintendo Entertainment System Contra (8-18-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Bucky O'Hare (8-18-2017)
PlayStation Bust-A-Groove (8-25-2017) w/Heat
Famicom Akumajou Dracula (9-10-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Shadow of the Ninja (9-15-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (9-22-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Monster in my Pocket (10-6-2017)
Microsoft Xbox One Rare Replay - Battletoads Arcade (12-2-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (12-2-2017)


Retro Posters/Ads/Brochures - I love looking through these.


Retro Nostalgia - Random pics snapped from old magazines that really got my nostalgia flowing.


Retro Nostalgia #001
image
Retro Nostalgia #002
image
Retro Nostalgia #003
image
Retro Nostalgia #004
image
Retro Nostalgia #005
image
Retro Nostalgia #006
image
Retro Nostalgia #007
image
Retro Nostalgia #008
image
Retro Nostalgia #009
image
image
Retro Nostalgia #010
image
image
Retro Nostalgia #011
image
image
Retro Nostalgia #012
image
Retro Nostalgia #013
image
Retro Nostalgia #014
image
Retro Nostalgia #015
image
Retro Nostalgia #016
image
Retro Nostalgia #017
image
Retro Nostalgia #018
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #019
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #020
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #021
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #022
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #023
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #024
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #025
Coming Soon


Game Rooms
Antipop's Game Room

DefaultGen's Game Room

ErickRPG's Game Room



KiltedGunstar's Game Room

sharif's Game Room

Wheels314's Game Room






This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-pce-s...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-pce-s...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-pce-s...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-pce-s...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-pce-s...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 850 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 31-Dec(#281)
Played some more Pulse Man, I can see the design flaws. But I can also see a 13 year old mesmerized with the graphics and characcter design. I can see young Lunar growing fond of Japanese aesthetics at a young age, and Pulse Man being a part of this reason.

I won't be able to finish tonight sadly. As much as I would love to play til midnight, I need to spend time with kids and wife. But rest assured. @BleedingViolet, it will be the first game I finish come 2018. smile

Happy New Year RTT.


Wheels617
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
31-Dec(#282)
I did and was instantly back in the 1990s anime scene. What a great intro song.



Gypsy wrote:
> @Wheels617 have you had a chance to fire up MKR yet? :D
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
31-Dec(#283)
Yes same to you all HAPPY NEW YEAARRRRSSSZZZZZZZZ. May your health grow and your backlogs shrink!!

Foxhack
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
31-Dec(#284)
Happy New Year all.

I don't really do much retro gaming because it's really hard to find those items locally... but since I was summoned here, I might as well ask: Does anyone need SCART (not RGB) cables? I got a bunch of cables a while back (a couple of SCART to S-Video, one SCART to SCART, and a SCART AV selector) and don't really have much use for them. Presumably, these can be modded for RGB.

Anyone interested?
Gypsy
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
31-Dec(#285)
Foxhack wrote:
> Happy New Year all.
>
> I don't really do much retro gaming because it's really hard to find those items
> locally... but since I was summoned here, I might as well ask: Does anyone need SCART
> (not RGB) cables? I got a bunch of cables a while back (a couple of SCART to S-Video,
> one SCART to SCART, and a SCART AV selector) and don't really have much use for them.
> Presumably, these can be modded for RGB.
>
> Anyone interested?

So the switch specifies that it's composite over scart only?
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
31-Dec(#286)
PlayYing wrote:
> DefaultGen wrote:
>> PlayYing wrote:
> |>> Make a effort to get into top 64 of CWTC
>>
>> What's CWTC?
>>
>>
>
>
> Excuse my dyslexia.

Oh. I was wondering if I could compete too. I cannot! Sometimes I get all the blocks lined up and get 4 lines at once!

Foxhack
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
31-Dec(#287)
Gypsy wrote:
> Foxhack wrote:
>> Happy New Year all.
>>
>> I don't really do much retro gaming because it's really hard to find those items
>> locally... but since I was summoned here, I might as well ask: Does anyone need
> SCART
>> (not RGB) cables? I got a bunch of cables a while back (a couple of SCART to S-Video,
>> one SCART to SCART, and a SCART AV selector) and don't really have much use for
> them.
>> Presumably, these can be modded for RGB.
>>
>> Anyone interested?
>
> So the switch specifies that it's composite over scart only?

Yes. It has three switchable SCART inputs and one SCART output; it also has two Composite (Yellow / Red / White) outputs, one for video and one for monitor. It's a Hama AV-100S

https://www.hama.com/00042501/hama-av-100s-scart-s...
PlayYing
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
31-Dec(#288)
DefaultGen wrote:
> PlayYing wrote:
>> DefaultGen wrote:
> |>> PlayYing wrote:
>> |>> Make a effort to get into top 64 of CWTC
> |>>
> |>> What's CWTC?
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>>
>> Excuse my dyslexia.
>
> Oh. I was wondering if I could compete too. I cannot! Sometimes I get all the blocks
> lined up and get 4 lines at once!
>
>

Thats a Tetris, it's not a matter of doing that, its a matter of doing that consistently and outlasting your opponent. Youtube the live streams of the top 8 its cray cray. I think its more of a feat than speedruns as I assume a lot of that is muscle memory
BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
31-Dec(#289)
Lunar wrote:
> Played some more Pulse Man, I can see the design flaws. But I can also see a 13 year
> old mesmerized with the graphics and characcter design. I can see young Lunar growing
> fond of Japanese aesthetics at a young age, and Pulse Man being a part of this reason.
>
> I won't be able to finish tonight sadly. As much as I would love to play til midnight,
> I need to spend time with kids and wife. But rest assured. @BleedingViolet, it will
> be the first game I finish come 2018. smile
>
> Happy New Year RTT.
>
>
>

The weird thing is, the design flaws actually stood out to me as challenges after I realized how they expected it to be played.

Of course it wasn't perfect but it's really really good!

Happy New Years and no worries I know you've got it covered 😊
BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
31-Dec(#290)
PlayYing wrote:
> DefaultGen wrote:
>> PlayYing wrote:
> |>> DefaultGen wrote:
>> |>> PlayYing wrote:
> |>> |>> Make a effort to get into top 64 of CWTC
>> |>>
>> |>> What's CWTC?
>> |>>
>> |>>
> |>>
> |>>
> |>> Excuse my dyslexia.
>>
>> Oh. I was wondering if I could compete too. I cannot! Sometimes I get all the
> blocks
>> lined up and get 4 lines at once!
>>
>>
>
> Thats a Tetris, it's not a matter of doing that, its a matter of doing that consistently
> and outlasting your opponent. Youtube the live streams of the top 8 its cray cray.
> I think its more of a feat than speedruns as I assume a lot of that is muscle memory
>

Is there any specific versions of Tetris they play? Like the arcade game or on an old computer or Nes or something?
PlayYing
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
31-Dec(#291)
BleedingViolet wrote:
> PlayYing wrote:
>> DefaultGen wrote:
> |>> PlayYing wrote:
>> |>> DefaultGen wrote:
> |>> |>> PlayYing wrote:
>> |>> |>> Make a effort to get into top 64 of CWTC
> |>> |>>
> |>> |>> What's CWTC?
> |>> |>>
> |>> |>>
>> |>>
>> |>>
>> |>> Excuse my dyslexia.
> |>>
> |>> Oh. I was wondering if I could compete too. I cannot! Sometimes I get all the
>> blocks
> |>> lined up and get 4 lines at once!
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> Thats a Tetris, it's not a matter of doing that, its a matter of doing that consistently
>> and outlasting your opponent. Youtube the live streams of the top 8 its cray cray.
>> I think its more of a feat than speedruns as I assume a lot of that is muscle
> memory
>>
>
> Is there any specific versions of Tetris they play? Like the arcade game or on an
> old computer or Nes or something?

NES on CRT with standard brick or dogbone controller with a Tetris (non Tengen) cart.
Noid
Gold Good Trader
31-Dec(#292)
Lunar wrote:
> Happy New Year RTT.
>
>

Yay! Happy New Year, RTT! grin
PlayYing
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
31-Dec(#293)
Noid wrote:
> Lunar wrote:
>> Happy New Year RTT.
>>
>>
>
> Yay! Happy New Year, RTT! grin

Too soon jr?
BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
31-Dec(#294)
PlayYing wrote:
> BleedingViolet wrote:
>> PlayYing wrote:
> |>> DefaultGen wrote:
>> |>> PlayYing wrote:
> |>> |>> DefaultGen wrote:
>> |>> |>> PlayYing wrote:
> |>> |>> |>> Make a effort to get into top 64 of CWTC
>> |>> |>>
>> |>> |>> What's CWTC?
>> |>> |>>
>> |>> |>>
> |>> |>>
> |>> |>>
> |>> |>> Excuse my dyslexia.
>> |>>
>> |>> Oh. I was wondering if I could compete too. I cannot! Sometimes I get all
> the
> |>> blocks
>> |>> lined up and get 4 lines at once!
>> |>>
>> |>>
> |>>
> |>> Thats a Tetris, it's not a matter of doing that, its a matter of doing that consistently
> |>> and outlasting your opponent. Youtube the live streams of the top 8 its cray
> cray.
> |>> I think its more of a feat than speedruns as I assume a lot of that is muscle
>> memory
> |>>
>>
>> Is there any specific versions of Tetris they play? Like the arcade game or on
> an
>> old computer or Nes or something?
>
> NES on CRT with standard brick or dogbone controller with a Tetris (non Tengen) cart.

Which controller are you better with? I actually like the brick. That's pretty cool are you going to try to go to Oregon to compete this fall then?
PlayYing
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
31-Dec(#295)
Some questions before 2017 draws to a close.

IS the Pier Solar for Dreamcast a good game?

Also do I need another World of Nintendo retail display case?
PlayYing
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
* 31-Dec(#296)
BleedingViolet wrote:
> PlayYing wrote:
>> BleedingViolet wrote:
> |>> PlayYing wrote:
>> |>> DefaultGen wrote:
> |>> |>> PlayYing wrote:
>> |>> |>> DefaultGen wrote:
> |>> |>> |>> PlayYing wrote:
>> |>> |>> |>> Make a effort to get into top 64 of CWTC
> |>> |>> |>>
> |>> |>> |>> What's CWTC?
> |>> |>> |>>
> |>> |>> |>>
>> |>> |>>
>> |>> |>>
>> |>> |>> Excuse my dyslexia.
> |>> |>>
> |>> |>> Oh. I was wondering if I could compete too. I cannot! Sometimes I get all
>> the
>> |>> blocks
> |>> |>> lined up and get 4 lines at once!
> |>> |>>
> |>> |>>
>> |>>
>> |>> Thats a Tetris, it's not a matter of doing that, its a matter of doing that
> consistently
>> |>> and outlasting your opponent. Youtube the live streams of the top 8 its cray
>> cray.
>> |>> I think its more of a feat than speedruns as I assume a lot of that is muscle
> |>> memory
>> |>>
> |>>
> |>> Is there any specific versions of Tetris they play? Like the arcade game or on
>> an
> |>> old computer or Nes or something?
>>
>> NES on CRT with standard brick or dogbone controller with a Tetris (non Tengen)
> cart.
>
> Which controller are you better with? I actually like the brick. That's pretty cool
> are you going to try to go to Oregon to compete this fall then?

Long play sessions with the dogbone I actually cramp up. But the way I grip the OG controller it hurts when the way I play

Oh I am going to Oregon its $5 per attempt to qualify (score attack).Maybe I'll go to Austin to maybe get some experience and get an automatic qualifing spot.
Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 850 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
31-Dec(#297)
PlayYing wrote:
> Some questions before 2017 draws to a close.
>
> IS the Pier Solar for Dreamcast a good game?
>

It's on PS3/PS4, also Genny


ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
31-Dec(#298)
Here's a pic of Xenoblade 2 in handheld mode. I took this pic in anger. In response to some stupid blurry pic going around that trolls are trying to pass off how the game actually looks in handheld mode. It is a lie, so I figured might as well share what I'm currently playing with the gang.

image

BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
31-Dec(#299)
PlayYing wrote:
> BleedingViolet wrote:
>> PlayYing wrote:
> |>> BleedingViolet wrote:
>> |>> PlayYing wrote:
> |>> |>> DefaultGen wrote:
>> |>> |>> PlayYing wrote:
> |>> |>> |>> DefaultGen wrote:
>> |>> |>> |>> PlayYing wrote:
> |>> |>> |>> |>> Make a effort to get into top 64 of CWTC
>> |>> |>> |>>
>> |>> |>> |>> What's CWTC?
>> |>> |>> |>>
>> |>> |>> |>>
> |>> |>> |>>
> |>> |>> |>> https://thectwc.com
> |>> |>> |>>
> |>> |>> |>> Excuse my dyslexia.
>> |>> |>>
>> |>> |>> Oh. I was wondering if I could compete too. I cannot! Sometimes I get
> all
> |>> the
> |>> |>> blocks
>> |>> |>> lined up and get 4 lines at once!
>> |>> |>>
>> |>> |>>
> |>> |>>
> |>> |>> Thats a Tetris, it's not a matter of doing that, its a matter of doing that
>> consistently
> |>> |>> and outlasting your opponent. Youtube the live streams of the top 8 its cray
> |>> cray.
> |>> |>> I think its more of a feat than speedruns as I assume a lot of that is muscle
>> |>> memory
> |>> |>>
>> |>>
>> |>> Is there any specific versions of Tetris they play? Like the arcade game or
> on
> |>> an
>> |>> old computer or Nes or something?
> |>>
> |>> NES on CRT with standard brick or dogbone controller with a Tetris (non Tengen)
>> cart.
>>
>> Which controller are you better with? I actually like the brick. That's pretty
> cool
>> are you going to try to go to Oregon to compete this fall then?
>
> Long play sessions with the dogbone I actually cramp up. But the way I grip the OG
> controller it hurts when the way I play
>
> Oh I am going to Oregon its $5 per attempt to qualify (score attack).Maybe I'll go
> to Austin to maybe get some experience and get an automatic qualifing spot.

I always loved Tetris since I was a kid but like you say it's different every time you play. I hope you can get into the top 64 this year, That would be awesome! I doubt I could ever get that good at a game myself. How long have you been playing to try to achieve this?
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
31-Dec(#300)
Starting 2017 off with a bang.

imageimage

DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
31-Dec(#301)
ErickRPG wrote:
> Here's a pic of Xenoblade 2 in handheld mode. I took this pic in anger. In response
> to some stupid blurry pic going around that trolls are trying to pass off how the
> game actually looks in handheld mode. It is a lie, so I figured might as well share
> what I'm currently playing with the gang.
>
>

Don't worry be happy. If it's fun to you, let people argue about screenshots on forums. I'll fight low framerates til I die, but doesn't stop everyone else from enjoying 25fps Doom on Switch raspberry

Missile
Gold Good Trader
* 1-Jan(#302)
ErickRPG wrote:
> Here's a pic of Xenoblade 2 in handheld mode. I took this pic in anger. In response
> to some stupid blurry pic going around that trolls are trying to pass off how the
> game actually looks in handheld mode. It is a lie, so I figured might as well share
> what I'm currently playing with the gang.
>
> [imgt w=913 h=667]https://i.imgur.com/L6Ui3S5.jpg[/imgt]
Jesus that looks horrible, i wish the switch wouldn't force you to leave it in the dock for the graphics/framerate to not look like ass.
Foxhack
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
1-Jan(#303)
Lunar wrote:
> PlayYing wrote:
>> Some questions before 2017 draws to a close.
>>
>> IS the Pier Solar for Dreamcast a good game?
>>
>
> It's on PS3/PS4, also Genny

And Steam / DRM Free.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286220/Pier_Sola...
https://www.gog.com/game/pier_solar_and_the_great_...
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Jan(#304)
Missile wrote:
> ErickRPG wrote:
>> Here's a pic of Xenoblade 2 in handheld mode. I took this pic in anger. In response
>> to some stupid blurry pic going around that trolls are trying to pass off how
> the
>> game actually looks in handheld mode. It is a lie, so I figured might as well
> share
>> what I'm currently playing with the gang.
>>
>> [imgt w=913 h=667]https://i.imgur.com/L6Ui3S5.jpg[/imgt]
> Jesus that looks horrible, i wish the switch wouldn't force you to leave it in the
> dock for the graphics/framerate to not look like ass.

Ree-hee-hee-HEEAllyyyy. You are one of them! I think it looks really good. But I'm not super demanding and I go from playing FFVII on the PSOne to Xenosaga Ep I on PS2, to this game.

Missile
Gold Good Trader
* 1-Jan(#305)
I don't think it's trolling to expect more out of this mess of a consolethan 20-30fps on games, it actually runs some games worse than the vita at times
BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
1-Jan(#306)
I haven't played or seen switch games in the real being played, but considering we all play retro games I'm sure the graphics are fine. If not way better than fine. After all the lengths some of you go to make 20 year old systems look their best on your setups I could only imagine switch games still look ten times better than most jaguar, n64 and sega cd games.

Again I'm not taking sides by saying switch graphics are perfect (especially having not seen any yet) but I'm sure they look really good.

DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
1-Jan(#307)
Top 5 games you guys beat in 2017?

1. Ninja Gaiden III
2. Ninja Gaiden
3. New Super Mario Bros. U
4. TLOZ: Breath of the Wild
5. Super Castlevania IV


Noid
Gold Good Trader
1-Jan(#308)
Was this your first time to finish
Ninja Gaiden (Nintendo Entertainment System), Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (Nintendo Entertainment System), and Super Castlevania IV (Super Nintendo)?
Missile
Gold Good Trader
1-Jan(#309)
Cuphead
Tales of Xillia
Shining Force III
Transformers war for cybertron
and uh... i think that's it.
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
1-Jan(#310)
Noid wrote:
> Was this your first time to finish
> Ninja Gaiden (Nintendo Entertainment System), Ninja Gaiden
> III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (Nintendo Entertainment System), and Super
> Castlevania IV (Super Nintendo)?

Yeah, all of them. Some others might have cracked my list like Pokemon Yellow and Contra because it's my first time "beating" them but I've played Pokemon Blue and 30-lived Contra enough that it doesn't really count as my first time.

BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
1-Jan(#311)
Missile wrote:
> Cuphead
> Tales of Xillia
> Shining Force III
> Transformers war for cybertron
> and uh... i think that's it.

Cuphead and Shining Force 3? Nice!

How does Shining Force 3 compare to other Shining Force games for you?
Missile
Gold Good Trader
* 1-Jan(#312)
BleedingViolet wrote:
> Missile wrote:
>> Cuphead
>> Tales of Xillia
>> Shining Force III
>> Transformers war for cybertron
>> and uh... i think that's it.
>
> Cuphead and Shining Force 3? Nice!
>
> How does Shining Force 3 compare to other Shining Force games for you?
I'd say the only ones that are better than it are the other 2 parts of the story. It's much more complex compared to the previous games, but if you don't have a way of getting your hands on parts 2/3, and maybe the holy ark/the retranslation of part 1 much of it is going to appear meaningless to you.
BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
1-Jan(#313)
I hope to play it one day even if I can only play the first part of it properly it's been on my list for around 20 years! Although I guess I should try to play Shining Force cd at some point also.
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Jan(#314)
DefaultGen wrote:
> Top 5 games you guys beat in 2017?

Since I play long RPGs I might have beaten just a few more than 5, let's see if I can remember the best 5 games.

Dragon Quest VII 3D
Zelda: BOTW
Mario Odyssey
Shining the Holy Ark
XenoSaga Ep. I

sharif
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Jan(#315)
I'm excluding Barbie games because that would just be unfair.

Skies of Arcadia Legends
Danganronpa
Virtue's Last Reward
Thumper
The Walking Dead: The Last Frontier


BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
1-Jan(#316)
I can't remember everything I finished but all of games of the month

Castlevania
Super Mario Bros.
Ninja Gaiden
Monster in my Pocket
Mega Man X
PulseMan

Plus I beat Arcade mode on Mortal Kombat 9 on the hardest Difficulty with Mileena for the first Time this year

And I finished the Light world in Super Meat Boy this year.

I don't know what all else I finished. Maybe nothing?
BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
1-Jan(#317)
Happy Birthday and Happy New Years @FrictionPin!!!
sailorneorune
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
1-Jan(#318)
ErickRPG wrote:
> Missile wrote:
>> ErickRPG wrote:
> |>> Here's a pic of Xenoblade 2 in handheld mode. I took this pic in anger. In
> response
> |>> to some stupid blurry pic going around that trolls are trying to pass off how
>> the
> |>> game actually looks in handheld mode. It is a lie, so I figured might as well
>> share
> |>> what I'm currently playing with the gang.
> |>>
> |>> [imgt w=913 h=667]https://i.imgur.com/L6Ui3S5.jpg[/imgt]
>> Jesus that looks horrible, i wish the switch wouldn't force you to leave it in
> the
>> dock for the graphics/framerate to not look like ass.
>
> Ree-hee-hee-HEEAllyyyy. You are one of them! I think it looks really good. But
> I'm not super demanding and I go from playing FFVII on the PSOne to Xenosaga Ep I
> on PS2, to this game.
>
>

Everybody's a critic. I love our Nintendo Switch Switch and am looking forward to seeing Kirby Star Allies, among other things, this year.


DiamondDave
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 1-Jan(#319)
Missile wrote:
> I don't think it's trolling to expect more out of this mess of a consolethan 20-30fps
> on games, it actually runs some games worse than the vita at times

You'd have to be cherry picking to say it only performs that well. So yeah, that seems like trolling raspberry

And you'd never get anything even remotely close to BOTW/Odyssey to run anything close to that well on the Vita. Or any other handheld. Those games are a feat for a portable system. You want to know who to blame for crapty ports and poor performance, point that fat digit at lazy/rushed third party developers; Nintendo's demonstrated fully that the console's got guts to do crap. Expecting it to be a portable PS4's completely unreasonable. I think you know that.
Gypsy
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Jan(#320)
DefaultGen wrote:
> Top 5 games you guys beat in 2017?
>
> 1. Ninja Gaiden III
> 2. Ninja Gaiden
> 3. New Super Mario Bros. U
> 4. TLOZ: Breath of the Wild
> 5. Super Castlevania IV
>
>
>

Yakuza 0
The Witcher
Rondo of Blood
Super Metroid
Snatcher

Holy balls that's a great top 5. Even the next 5 would be great..

DiamondDave wrote:
> Missile wrote:
>> I don't think it's trolling to expect more out of this mess of a consolethan 20-30fps
>> on games, it actually runs some games worse than the vita at times
>
> You'd have to be cherry picking to say it only performs that well. So yeah, that
> seems like trolling raspberry
>
> And you'd never get anything even remotely close to BOTW/Odyssey to run anything
> close to that well on the Vita. Or any other handheld. Those games are a feat for
> a portable system. You want to know who to blame for crapty ports and poor performance,
> point that fat digit at lazy/rushed third party developers; Nintendo's demonstrated
> fully that the console's got guts to do crap. Expecting it to be a portable PS4's
> completely unreasonable. I think you know that.

Nintendo locked out performance from their hardware. Maybe they know more tricks (very likely at a minimum) or simply unlocked some things for themselves it wouldn't shock me. But w/e the case we've seen this for multiple generations now. The 3DS is an embarrassment, there are PSP games that look better than a lot of 3DS games. Releasing underpowered consoles is what Nintendo does. They also make damn good first party games for them. Which means eventually I'm buying a Switch. No way that I am missing Mario Odyssey.
DiamondDave
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 1-Jan(#321)
I mean, it's the first year the console's been out so suggesting they've locked out performance seems strange to me (it's a tablet, there's not a lot of architecture to lock out). Both id and Bethesda have demonstrated that third parties CAN get some performance out of the thing, and I think it's very likely that as time moves on the games will look and perform better and better. And lazy/rushed developers will continue to pump out poorly optimized software, undoubtedly. Ideally people will actually sit down with the hardware, figure out their limits and produce games with the system's spec ceiling actively in mind, instead of being an afterthought port target for their PS4/XBO projects.

Topic   RTT Nintendo Entertainment System NEC PC Engine Duo-R Sega Mega Drive (Japan) Sega Saturn Sega Dreamcast Sega CD Nintendo 64 Sega Master System PlayStation PlayStation 2 Famicom Disk System