Vintage_Games

Topic   RTT NEC (company) NEC PC Engine Duo-R NEC TurboGrafx-16 NEC PC Engine NEC Super CD-ROM 2 NEC CD-ROM 2 NEC TurboDuo NEC TurboExpress NEC PC-FX NEC Super Grafx

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
11-Aug-2016(#1)
image Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Retro Trade Thread Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall image

Let's Play Together! Game of the Month
Every month, RTT gets together and brainstorms two choices to vote as the Let's Play Together! Game of the Month.
Upon completion of the GotM, you will be rewarded with an Achievement Icon!
Let's play some awesome games together!

February 2018 Edition
NEC TurboGrafx-16 Neutopia
image - Achievement Icon
image - Bonus Icon: Beat The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

January 2018 Edition
Sega Genesis Streets of Rage
image - Achievement Icon
image - Bonus Icon: Beat Streets of Rage 2 & 3

Let's Play Together! Achievement Icons

{imgt}https://i.imgur.com/DjwCOhO.png 32 29{imgt} DefaultGen
{imgt}https://i.imgur.com/DjwCOhO.png 32 29{imgt} Gredler
{imgt}https://i.imgur.com/DjwCOhO.png 32 29{imgt} Gypsy
{imgt}https://i.imgur.com/DjwCOhO.png 32 29{imgt} Rune_Walsh
{imgt}https://i.imgur.com/DjwCOhO.png 32 29{imgt} SSA
{imgt}https://i.imgur.com/DjwCOhO.png 32 29{imgt} Wheels617


Who's On?
BleedingViolet GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
BloodPuppetX GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
image Dashey GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review This user is in chat NOW Secret Santa
DefaultGen GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (40 seconds ago) Secret Santa
image DiamondDave GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
dunno001 GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
ErickRPG GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
FrictionPin GameTZ Gold Subscriber Silver Good Trader
Gredler Double Gold Good Trader
GreenCard200 Gold Good Trader
Gypsy GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (27 seconds ago)
JD 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
jsoncip38 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
image image Lunar GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
Kevster GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Secret Santa
Missile Gold Good Trader
Noid Gold Good Trader
PlayYing GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
Rune_Walsh GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
image sharif GameTZ Gold Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (15 seconds ago) Secret Santa
sailorneorune GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
Snatcher Quadruple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
Tad GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is in chat NOW Secret Santa
tonymack21 GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
Wheels617 GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (23 seconds ago)
WithinTemptation Quadruple Gold Good Trader

Custom Icons - Right click on image, copy image address, use img tags with {} or []
image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

new Thread Description
Wow, can't believe it's been more than a year since we started RTT. I feel like we have become a community of our own within GameTZ. We have our regulars and even some new comers. I hope 2018 brings us more like-minded retro gamers who will come here for a place of retro inspiration. When I started Retro Trade Thead (RTT), it was called "The Retro Trading Thread", kinda like how FB was "The Facebook", heh, I was just hoping for a group of retro gamers who share the passion and the thrill of collecting and playing Retro games. The result so far has exceeded my expectations and more. I am playing more retro games than ever and while my collecting is on and off, I know I have been enjoying more retro gaming in 2017 than my previous 5 years combined. I hope RTT members have similar experiences. 2018 will be an even better year, as we have established group events like RTT Secret Santa and our monthly Game of the Month, which is getting more popular as more people participate. I am hoping to bring RTT Podcast in 2018 where 2-3 RTT members will talk about monthly topics and other aspects of retro collecting.

Retro game buying and selling, collecting, playing, collectarding, upscaling, speedrunning....whatever your retro passion is, RTT will have a place for you and for everyone who participates in our discussions, whether occasionally or frequently, will continue to find value and fun in our thread.

Thank you for participating and making RTT the hottest topic every month in 2017!

Old Topic Description


This thread was originally created to encourage traders here at GTZ to do more trading, especially retro related stuff. It has turned into a lot more and I am so grateful to everyone who contributed to this thread and have kept it going for nearly 6 months now. I hope this thread will continue to thrive and everyone who reads/participates in this thread will gain some value or knowledge out of it.

We will still have Trade lists up here, though it's been a while since anyone updated. I encourage everyone to look over their lists and post updates.
There is also a section for gorgeous pictures of game rooms that active participants of this thread have shared. Feel free to share some pics of your collection or game room.
I will be adding another section for information regarding video quality of retro gaming systems on modern displays and how to improve them.
There is rather some extensive discussion regarding how to improve the display quality of retro gaming systems and if you are new to this like I am, you will find it very informative.

Old Old Topic Description


GTZ has become a marketplace where the most commonly traded commodity is PayPal. I want to start an effort to get some trades going and to discuss some good games perhaps you never heard of or interested in but want to discover/know more of. For example, I just got intto shmups after years of ignoring the genre and I love to discover new(to me) and rediscover old ones(Sonic Wings comes to mind).

No pressure here. Feel free to discuss anything retro. Perhaps throw out some WTTF targets and what you have to offer. I am sick of browsing people's year old Available lists.

Some examples:

- WTTF/WTB/LF
- What you think is awesome game/series/whatever
- Potential games you have up for trade
- Pics of what you have/what you would love to get/what you think is the bestest awesomest game ever
- Show off your latest finds/adds to your collection

3rd Generation: Nintendo Entertainment System Famicom Sega Master System Atari
4th Generation: Super Nintendo Super Famicom Sega Genesis Mega Drive (Japan) Sega CD Sega Mega CD NEC TurboGrafx-16 NEC PC Engine Neo Geo CD-i (Compact Disc Interactive)
5th Generation: PlayStation Sega Saturn Nintendo 64 3DO Sega 32X Virtual Boy Atari Jaguar NEC PC-FX
6th Generation: PlayStation 2 Sega Dreamcast Microsoft Xbox Nintendo GameCube
Handheld: PlayStation Portable Game Boy Game Boy Color Game Boy Advance Nintendo DS Game Gear Nokia N-Gage Atari Lynx

Info on Improving the Quality of Video Output For Retro Systems on Modern Displays
Coming Soon

In the meantime , check out:

My Experience with Upscaling (DVDO Processors)
https://www.youtube.com/user/mylifeingaming

Reference Links
http://retrorgb.com/
http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/

Retro Resources
The PC Engine Bible
Neo Geo Master List
Famicom Game List

Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall



Let's Play Together!


Sega Genesis Streets of Rage - January 2018
Sega Mega Drive (Europe) Pulse Man - December 2017
Super Nintendo Mega Man X - November 2017
Nintendo Entertainment System Monster in My Pocket - October 2017
Nintendo Entertainment System Castlevania - September 2017
Nintendo Entertainment System Ninja Gaiden - August 2017


Games Beat in 2018
Lunar's Completed Games in 2018

Sega Mega Drive (Europe) Pulse Man (1-1-18)


Games Beat in 2017
Gypsy's Completed Games in 2017

PC Engine - Cyber Core, Download, PC Denjin, PC Genjin 3, Ranma 1/2 - Datō, Ganso Musabetsu Kakutō-ryū!, Ys IV, Outrun, Castlevania Rondo of Blood, Sapphire, Star Parodier, Vigilante
PC-FX - Zeroigar
NES - Super Mario Bros 3
SNES - Super Metroid
N64 - Banjo Kazooie
Gamecube - Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (hard mode)
Wii - Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Wii U - Super Mario 3D World
Genesis - Sonic 2
Sega CD - Snatcher
32x - Doom 32x
Saturn - X-Men vs Street Fighter, Shining Force III, Crows: The Battle Action
Dreamcast - Giga Wing 2
PS1 - Wild Arms
PS2 - Homura, Psyvariar, XII Stag
PS3 -Trails of Cold Steel
PS4 - Caladrius Blaze, Uncharted 4, Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami
Xbox - Dead Man's Hand
Xbox 360 - Bullet Soul, Bullet Soul Infinite Burst
GBA - Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
DS - Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
3DS - Fire Emblem Awakening
PSP - Ys VII
Vita - Memories of Celceta
PC - Red Alert 2, The Witcher


Lunar's Completed Games in 2017

Sega CD Lords of Thunder (2-3-17)
PlayStation 2 Mushihimesama (2-15-17)
Sega Saturn X-Men vs. Street Fighter (2-17-17)
Neo Geo Sonic Wings 3 (4-17-17)
NEC PC Engine NEC CD-ROM 2 Red Alert (5-16-2017)
NEC PC Engine NEC CD-ROM 2 Seirei Senshi Spriggan (5-17-2017)
PlayStation Portable Neo Geo Heroes: Ultimate Shooting (5-19-2017)
Sega Saturn Street Fighter Alpha (6-3-2017) w/Ryu on 4 Stars
image Arcade Gears Wonder 3 (7-24-2017)
Nintendo Switch Kamiko (7-30-2017) w/Yamato
Nintendo Switch Kamiko (7-30-2017) w/Uzume
PlayStation 4 Root Letter (7-31-2017) Crossing Paths Ending
Nintendo Switch Kamiko (8-4-2017) w/Hinome
Super Famicom Ghost Sweeper Mikami (8-7-2017)
Super Famicom Final Fight (8-13-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Ninja Gaiden (8-14-2017) Clear Time - 1:27
Nintendo Entertainment System Contra (8-18-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Bucky O'Hare (8-18-2017)
PlayStation Bust-A-Groove (8-25-2017) w/Heat
Famicom Akumajou Dracula (9-10-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Shadow of the Ninja (9-15-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (9-22-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Monster in my Pocket (10-6-2017)
Microsoft Xbox One Rare Replay - Battletoads Arcade (12-2-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (12-2-2017)


razeak's Completed Games in 2017

Atari 2600 Junior - Alien 12/31/2017
Atari 5200 - Return of the Jedi: Death Star Battle 2/4/2017

Nintendo Entertainment System - Mega Man 4 3/4/17
Nintendo Entertainment System Toaster - Friday the 13th 10/13/17
Super Nintendo - Alien 3 12/30/2017
Nintendo 64 - Doom 64 11/11/17
Nintendo GameCube - Rampage: Total Destruction 2/4/2017
Nintendo Wii - Resident Evil 4 2/25/2017
Nintendo Wii U- Lego Dimensions 7/15/17
Nintendo Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 3/29/17, Super Mario Odyssey, Arms

Sega Master System - Double Dragon 12/28/2017
Sega Genesis Model 1 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 12/28/2017
Sega Genesis Model 2 - Streets of Rage 4/21/2017
Sega 32X - Doom 10/8/2017
Sega CD Model 2 - Keio Flying Squadron 11/23/2017
Sega Saturn - Vampire Hunter: Darkstalkers' Revenge 10/1/2017
Sega Dreamcast Sega Sports Edition - Sword of the Berserk: Gut's Rage 12/22/2017

PlayStation - Final Fantasy II 2/4/17
PlayStation 2 - Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers, Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, NeoGeo Battle Coliseum 12/23/2017
PlayStation 3 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 9/29/2017
PlayStation 4 - Dragon Quest Builders 1/28/17 Guilty Gear Revelator XRD

Microsoft Xbox - Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 9/3/2017
Microsoft Xbox 360 Star Wars Edition - Bioshock 8/12/17
Microsoft Xbox One - Gears of War Ultimate 7/28/17, Star Wars: Battlefront II

Game Boy - Castlevania: The Adventure 10/5/2017
Game Boy Advance SP Model - Sonic Advance 12/24/2017
Nintendo 3DS XL Model - Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow 10/1/2017

PlayStation Portable - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood 12/22/2017
PlayStation Vita - Gravity Rush 2/7/2017

PC / Windows - Brutal Doom 10/12/17

Arcade - Aliens: Extermination 1/26/2017, Jurassic Park Arcade


Retro Posters/Ads/Brochures - I love looking through these.


Retro Nostalgia - Random pics snapped from old magazines that really got my nostalgia flowing.


Retro Nostalgia #001
image
Retro Nostalgia #002
image
Retro Nostalgia #003
image
Retro Nostalgia #004
image
Retro Nostalgia #005
image
Retro Nostalgia #006
image
Retro Nostalgia #007
image
Retro Nostalgia #008
image
Retro Nostalgia #009
image
image
Retro Nostalgia #010
image
image
Retro Nostalgia #011
image
image
Retro Nostalgia #012
image
Retro Nostalgia #013
image
Retro Nostalgia #014
image
Retro Nostalgia #015
image
Retro Nostalgia #016
image
Retro Nostalgia #017
image
Retro Nostalgia #018
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #019
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #020
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #021
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #022
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #023
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #024
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #025
Coming Soon


Game Rooms
Antipop's Game Room

DefaultGen's Game Room

ErickRPG's Game Room



KiltedGunstar's Game Room

sharif's Game Room

Wheels314's Game Room






This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-pce-s...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-pce-s...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-pce-s...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-pce-s...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-pce-s...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nec-dour-tg16-...

creagan
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
22-Jan(#161)
dunno001 wrote:
> PlayYing wrote:
>> Anime people's @Gypsy @Lunar are these any good? Cheaper this week from Best
> Buy
>>
>
> I'd say those are low-mid tier Ghibli. Of course, that said, low Ghibli is still
> better than a LOT of other series. And that price is fantastic for the singles. I
> was going to recommend the lovely BR Ghibli boxset, but it's gone OOP, and has become
> quite scarce. (The only seller with one on Amazon wants over $1000 for it.)
>
>

Did I miss something? I notice the covers no longer say Disney Presents...did their license expire? Still the Disney dub for Totoro though.
dunno001
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
22-Jan(#162)
creagan wrote:
> dunno001 wrote:
>> PlayYing wrote:
> |>> Anime people's @Gypsy @Lunar are these any good? Cheaper this week from Best
>> Buy
> |>>
>>
>> I'd say those are low-mid tier Ghibli. Of course, that said, low Ghibli is still
>> better than a LOT of other series. And that price is fantastic for the singles.
> I
>> was going to recommend the lovely BR Ghibli boxset, but it's gone OOP, and has
> become
>> quite scarce. (The only seller with one on Amazon wants over $1000 for it.)
>
> Did I miss something? I notice the covers no longer say Disney Presents...did their
> license expire? Still the Disney dub for Totoro though.

Looking over things, it would appear as though Disney no longer has the license itself. All of the Ghibli films, except for Grave of the Fireflies, are now licensed by GKIDS, and are distributed through Shout Factory.

Foxhack
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
22-Jan(#163)
Any word on missing or changed extras on these releases?
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
22-Jan(#164)
Lunar wrote:
> Upscaling wise I am down to just OSSC and some trusty component cables.
>
> As for systems, I'll have to do some deep dive soul searching to see if I am ready
> to ditch more.

That's where I'm at. I listed some stuff then pulled it back, I just need to think more. I sold my 3DO stuff. I think I want to sell Rayearth first, then just think about what to sell next. As opposed to just throwing up everything at once. Pick a few things here and there. That's my advice to you. It feels better that way, IMO.


ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
22-Jan(#165)
Home theater and watching movies is my new vice. I've been searching around for projectors and screens and I can get a good 1080p 3D projector for $700 and a good screen for $600. Heck, Rayearth pays for half of the projector, some someone buy it from me!!

tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
22-Jan(#166)
Lunar wrote:
> GreenCard200 wrote:
>> Lunar wrote:
> |>>
> |>> PlayStation Vita
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> Is Tokyo Xanadu worth it?
>>
>
> @tonymack21
>
>

@GreenCard200 I loved it, it would have been my game of the year in a year without persona 5 and nier automata. if you like persona and falcom games its like those two mixed, persona type stuff with action rpg combat. in my top 5 games of 2017, but I love anime/games based in anime high schools lol. not to dissuade you from the vita version if that's what you're wanting but the ps4 version does add some content in the form of an epilogue chapter.

tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
* 22-Jan(#167)
Gypsy wrote:
> Lunar wrote:
>> So you're telling me there's a reliable emulator that can emulate Sega CD Sega 32X
> NEC Super CD-ROM 2
>> Sega Dreamcast Sega Saturn????
>>
>>
>
> Sega Saturn and NEC Super CD-ROM 2 might still be "good enough" but the others yeah should be totally
> fine.

ya this, Saturn is really spotty still and may be forever. processing power isn't the issue anymore that thing was just so overengineered. oYabause or however you spell it runs panzer dragoon and albert odyssey ok but burning rangers is bad. a beast pc can do wonders with ps2 era stuff, but you'll need two or three emu's for Sega Dreamcast to run everything, as there is no one to rule them all there. the ps3 emu has made great strides but is a year away at least id guess, and I haven't heard much news about the 360 one lately. oh and og xbox still for some reason doesn't have one, the scene never did it I think because the machine itself was such a good emu box.


Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
22-Jan(#168)
Hm, Saturn is such a great system and Pseudo makes playing things a little bit easier, so I doubt I will ever sell it. I was taking pics of the CIB Sega Saturn system, I took it out, I just put it back in the box. I can't sell it lol. I don't think I will find another one in such condition.

Dreamcast is another keeper for me. I feel like Genesis/Sega CD/32X is ditchable. But I have a hard time convincing myself to get rid of them.

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (27 seconds ago)
* 22-Jan(#169)
dunno001 wrote:
> PlayYing wrote:
>> Anime people's @Gypsy @Lunar are these any good? Cheaper this week from Best
> Buy
>>
>
> I'd say those are low-mid tier Ghibli. Of course, that said, low Ghibli is still
> better than a LOT of other series. And that price is fantastic for the singles. I
> was going to recommend the lovely BR Ghibli boxset, but it's gone OOP, and has become
> quite scarce. (The only seller with one on Amazon wants over $1000 for it.)
>
>

Yeah, they can't all be Princess Mononoke though.

Which begs the question what is the top tier here.

Probably almost everyone could agree on Mononoke, Totoro and Spirited Away. After that there is probably a lot of debate. I'm partial to Porco Rosso, Nausicaa and Kiki's Delivery Service. I think of those for sale at that link Cat Returns is the best.

Edit: Howl's Moving Castle is overrated. Don't @ me.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (27 seconds ago)
22-Jan(#170)
dunno001 wrote:
> creagan wrote:
>> dunno001 wrote:
> |>> PlayYing wrote:
>> |>> Anime people's @Gypsy @Lunar are these any good? Cheaper this week from Best
> |>> Buy
>> |>>
> |>>
> |>> I'd say those are low-mid tier Ghibli. Of course, that said, low Ghibli is still
> |>> better than a LOT of other series. And that price is fantastic for the singles.
>> I
> |>> was going to recommend the lovely BR Ghibli boxset, but it's gone OOP, and has
>> become
> |>> quite scarce. (The only seller with one on Amazon wants over $1000 for it.)
>>
>> Did I miss something? I notice the covers no longer say Disney Presents...did
> their
>> license expire? Still the Disney dub for Totoro though.
>
> Looking over things, it would appear as though Disney no longer has the license itself.
> All of the Ghibli films, except for Grave of the Fireflies, are now licensed by GKIDS,
> and are distributed through Shout Factory.
>
>

Foxhack wrote:
> Any word on missing or changed extras on these releases?

The new releases might be a better option for someone looking to get these movies. From what I can tell reading reviews they pretty much used the same transfer, kept all extras and in some cases added some mostly small new ones. The big benefit though is these aren't Disney discs. Wow is that always an improvement. You don't get spammed with ads for other movies before you get to the menu.

Shout Factory is a garbage tier company but if they are only distributing, that seems fine.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (27 seconds ago)
* 22-Jan(#171)
tonymack21 wrote:
>>
>>
>
> @GreenCard200 I loved it, it would have been my game of the year in a year without
> persona 5 and nier automata. if you like persona and falcom games its like those
> two mixed, persona type stuff with action rpg combat. in my top 5 games of 2017,
> but I love anime/games based in anime high schools lol. not to dissuade you from
> the vita version if that's what you're wanting but the ps4 version does add some
> content in the form of an epilogue chapter.
>
>

He really hates the dumpster fire dialog that you get in a lot these moe/highschool JRPGs (obviously Nier is different in setting/theme etc). I remember some of his posts awhile back on it. laughing out loud

ErickRPG wrote:
> Home theater and watching movies is my new vice. I've been searching around for
> projectors and screens and I can get a good 1080p 3D projector for $700 and a good
> screen for $600. Heck, Rayearth pays for half of the projector, some someone buy
> it from me!!
>
>

image
DiamondDave
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 22-Jan(#172)
It occurs to me that, though by the time I'm finished with this I will have only pumped about $230 + 110 + 60 into updating my rig out of pocket, I will be one of those elitist butt-holes with a $1700 rig. Whoops :x

WELL AT LEAST I SHOULD FINALLY BE ABLE TO PLAY BOTW AT 60FPS 4K, RIGHT
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
* 22-Jan(#173)
Gypsy wrote:
> tonymack21 wrote:
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> @GreenCard200 I loved it, it would have been my game of the year in a year without
>> persona 5 and nier automata. if you like persona and falcom games its like those
>> two mixed, persona type stuff with action rpg combat. in my top 5 games of 2017,
>> but I love anime/games based in anime high schools lol. not to dissuade you
> from
>> the vita version if that's what you're wanting but the ps4 version does add some
>> content in the form of an epilogue chapter.
>>
>>
>
> He really hates the dumpster fire dialog that you get in a lot these moe/highschool
> JRPGs (obviously Nier is different in setting/theme etc). I remember some of his
> posts awhile back on it. laughing out loud

lol I can see how the anime high school(persona/xanadu)/academy (cold steel) by day/hero by night thing isn't for everyone, I love it, and as long as they make good games I hope to get more of these kinds of games on the level of persona 5 and Tokyo xanadu, and less like blue reflection, which was not so good. the bar has been set really really high in this sub genre.

xanadu really had a lot of feeling in it, I love a game where the characterization and development makes you care what happens to these fictional people. there is some real tear inducing stuff in this one.

this is the closest a game has ever come to really feeling like im "playing an anime", it even replays the opening anime cinematic between chapters just like you are watching an anime show! so cool!!


side note from ghibli thing, howls is overrated, but not overly terrible.. id rate kiki above it.



Lunar wrote:
> Hm, Saturn is such a great system and Pseudo makes playing things a little bit easier,
> so I doubt I will ever sell it. I was taking pics of the CIB Sega Saturn system, I took
> it out, I just put it back in the box. I can't sell it lol. I don't think I will
> find another one in such condition.
>
> Dreamcast is another keeper for me. I feel like Genesis/Sega CD/32X is ditchable.
> But I have a hard time convincing myself to get rid of them.
>
>

ya if you have a really nice CIB I would imagine that is hard to part with, and you really cant emu that system well, so does make sense to keep. the others should be quite doable. I haven't tried any sega cd stuff yet, or wait maybe I have..i'll have to check the Nvidia later


Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (27 seconds ago)
22-Jan(#174)
@tonymack21 Blue Reflection is that bad? That is one I was considering trying at some point because of Gust. :/

As for the dialogue, personally I find that I will often end up skipping some. Like in Summon Night 5 there was WAAAAY too much text, I just want to srpg battle damn it. I think I moooostly read it all in Cold Steel, but probably skipped some of the small talk.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
* 22-Jan(#175)
Gypsy wrote:
> @tonymack21 Blue Reflection is that bad? That is one I was considering trying at
> some point because of Gust. :/
>
> As for the dialogue, personally I find that I will often end up skipping some. Like
> in Summon Night 5 there was WAAAAY too much text, I just want to srpg battle damn
> it. I think I moooostly read it all in Cold Steel, but probably skipped some of the
> small talk.

BR is one of the weaker gust games ive played, its no Ar Tonelico, which I hold in the highest of regards not only as a gust title but in general. it seemed really rushed, and its very bland, persona is so stylish and exciting, and xanadu while being less so than persona (though still very engaging, I mean comparing anything to P5 is hard) while it does recycle some environments in dungeons with palate swaps, at least they swapped them, BR uses the same 4 dungeon enviros, though it is explained why in game. the characters don't match up to persona or TX really, its like anime high school game lite. there must be something special about being a second year in a Japanese academy, as most things ive noticed seem to choose this. you aren't the little first year, but you aren't the big bad third year, I think this is so you can have some characters to look up to and some to look up to you, BR cast you as a first year, though it does make sense in the context of the story. though it doesn't make much difference in this game I guess, not sure why I mentioned it lol.

something about persona and TX compels you to play, you "feel" it, BR doesn't have that element, which I was surprised because I love gust. you'd have really had to have already played all the really really good rpgs out there to recommend this one, as persona and TX do this so much better. even as a magical girl thing it lacks some of the charm of a sailor moon type thing which seems like they kinda wanted to capture that a little but somehow miss. if I heard a voice or music track from persona or xanadu I feel like I would instantly recognize it, I don't think I could do that with BR. I mean hate to say such things as bland and forgettable about a gust title, as I love them, but I guess they cant all be ar tonelico.

I don't think ive ever skipped any text, I may have paid less attention to certain things at times, or with characters im not as interested in, but the characterization and narrative is what I love about this stuff so I usually try and pay attention though in some things it gets a little heavy I understand where you are coming from.

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (27 seconds ago)
22-Jan(#176)
I'm generally okay with palette swapping. Somehow I finished Time & Eternity, LOL. Just 4 dungeon styles is kind of rough though.

I feel you on a game either compelling you to play or not. I just didn't feel it with Nier Automata so I dropped it. I know everyone seems to love it but I couldn't get into it.

Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura. love Tsubasa is another cool one too. I like Clamp a lot in general, I even have Clamp School Detectives on dvd.
Noid
Gold Good Trader
22-Jan(#177)
As long as we're ratin' Studio Ghibli films, @Gypsy, what's the verdict on Ponyo (DVD)? surprise
Wheels617
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (23 seconds ago)
* 22-Jan(#178)
Not many trades going on right now, anyone have anything on my wanteds they wanna trade? :)
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
* 22-Jan(#179)
Gypsy wrote:
> I'm generally okay with palette swapping. Somehow I finished Time & Eternity, LOL.
> Just 4 dungeon styles is kind of rough though.
>
> I feel you on a game either compelling you to play or not. I just didn't feel it
> with Nier Automata so I dropped it. I know everyone seems to love it but I couldn't
> get into it.
>
> Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura. love Tsubasa is another cool one too. I like Clamp
> a lot in general, I even have Clamp School Detectives on dvd.

ya nier automata really takes off later in the game, most of the way through path b I was pretty into it, though 9s was my least fav, and path C is amazing. that one contains my fav character of the bunch.

ya that, SM, CS and Tsubasa have something about them the BR just didn't have that feel, I know it was made on a smaller budget than p5 and tx but gust is usually better. I mean, if you finished time and eternity, which I will do one of these days,(actually have a lot of ps3 rpgs I need to play) you could make it through, but the ps4 really has some good rpgs with more coming, so its hard to recommend over so many others.

I almost started another gust game this weekend after finishing the last of us, nights of azure, been wanting to get on that for a while, but after playing some rpgs and knowing ill be into kingdom come deliverance soon I started assassins creed black flag since I want to get caught up on that series too and that's how far behind on that one I am lol, and a little rpg break, I like to mix something different in after a couple of long ones, and im resolved to watch more anime this year too, maybe binge a series inbetween long games too, really want to watch ancient magus bride. im waiting for word on ps4 cold steel before opening my ps3 copies, but I want to play them so bad.

DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (40 seconds ago) Secret Santa
22-Jan(#180)
Noid wrote:
> As long as we're ratin' Studio Ghibli films, @Gypsy, what's the verdict on Ponyo
> (DVD)? surprise

The verdict is Ponyo loves Blu-Ray

creagan
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
22-Jan(#181)
>
> Foxhack wrote:
>> Any word on missing or changed extras on these releases?
>
> The new releases might be a better option for someone looking to get these movies.
> From what I can tell reading reviews they pretty much used the same transfer, kept
> all extras and in some cases added some mostly small new ones. The big benefit though
> is these aren't Disney discs. Wow is that always an improvement. You don't get spammed
> with ads for other movies before you get to the menu.
>
> Shout Factory is a garbage tier company but if they are only distributing, that seems
> fine.

Yeah, very good point on the Disney video spam.
BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
22-Jan(#182)
Lunar wrote:
> Hm, Saturn is such a great system and Pseudo makes playing things a little bit easier,
> so I doubt I will ever sell it. I was taking pics of the CIB Sega Saturn system, I took
> it out, I just put it back in the box. I can't sell it lol. I don't think I will
> find another one in such condition.
>
> Dreamcast is another keeper for me. I feel like Genesis/Sega CD/32X is ditchable.
> But I have a hard time convincing myself to get rid of them.
>
>

One of the only systems I was really thinking of putting up in the steals thread was my dreamcast but not because I don't want it, just because they are desirable.

I would have turned right around and bought another one if someone had claimed mine though. I've had my Dreamcast for almost as long as I've been a member here and this is my second one only.

My Saturn on the other hand ..... I did not hold onto. I would have if I had gotten a copy of Shining Force 3 however.

As far as 32X I've always kind of wanted one just for Kolibri but doom would probably be fun and there's a couple of others that look fun. I do love cart based systems whenever possible.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
22-Jan(#183)
i still have my launch day dreamcast, im sure i'll keep that forever.

BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
22-Jan(#184)
tonymack21 wrote:
> i still have my launch day dreamcast, im sure i'll keep that forever.
>
>

You got any favorites on Dreamcast you might wanna recommend that I may not have played?

Even sports games are fine as long as you vouch for them. Idk why but dreamcast had some of the most fun arcade type games I've seen on almost any system. Even titles that were on ps1 ps2 and n64 didn't seem as fun as the DC versions.
Noid
Gold Good Trader
22-Jan(#185)
DefaultGen wrote:
> Noid wrote:
>> As long as we're ratin' Studio Ghibli films, @Gypsy, what's the verdict on
> Ponyo
>> (DVD)? surprise
>
> The verdict is Ponyo loves Blu-Ray
>
>

Blu-Ray is a fad. winking raspberry
Gredler
Double Gold Good Trader
22-Jan(#186)
I started Neutopia last night, getting through the first dungeon and making it to the entrance of the second. I forgot how much I enjoy this game. I've played it once before on my PSP via emulation, but playing it on the everdrive on the PCE is even better. I hope you all enjoy it, I certainly am so far. Now to track down a way to start Ys IV. February gredler goals: Ys IV PCE and Neutopia.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
22-Jan(#187)
BleedingViolet wrote:
> tonymack21 wrote:
>> i still have my launch day dreamcast, im sure i'll keep that forever.
>>
>>
>
> You got any favorites on Dreamcast you might wanna recommend that I may not have
> played?
>
> Even sports games are fine as long as you vouch for them. Idk why but dreamcast had
> some of the most fun arcade type games I've seen on almost any system. Even titles
> that were on ps1 ps2 and n64 didn't seem as fun as the DC versions.

there are far more expert dreamcasters here than I, but i liked sonic adventure 1 and 2 well enough, skies of arcadia, grandia 2, crazy taxi, jet set radio, the 2k or 2k1 sports games i remember liking ok


Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
22-Jan(#188)
DiamondDave wrote:
> It occurs to me that, though by the time I'm finished with this I will have only
> pumped about $230 + 110 + 60 into updating my rig out of pocket, I will be one of
> those elitist butt-holes with a $1700 rig. Whoops :x
>
> WELL AT LEAST I SHOULD FINALLY BE ABLE TO PLAY BOTW AT 60FPS 4K, RIGHT

BotW on PC, emulation?

tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
22-Jan(#189)
ya CemU

PlayYing
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
22-Jan(#190)
Wheels617 wrote:
> Not many trades going on right now, anyone have anything on my wanteds they wanna
> trade? :)

Am imposing a spending ban after I bought something big this weekend. Will be listing a couple of systems for sale though in the next week.
Wheels617
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (23 seconds ago)
* 22-Jan(#191)
Is this something I should be keeping my eye on @PlayYing? Still really looking for Haunting Ground PlayStation 2 and KOF games on Sega Dreamcast mainly. Going to have a disc only Popful Mail Sega CD available shortly.
Noid
Gold Good Trader
22-Jan(#192)
...and what was the big weekend purchase, @PlayYing? smile
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (40 seconds ago) Secret Santa
22-Jan(#193)
tonymack21 wrote:
> ya CemU
>
>

Man that looks so good

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (27 seconds ago)
22-Jan(#194)
Noid wrote:
> As long as we're ratin' Studio Ghibli films, @Gypsy, what's the verdict on Ponyo
> (DVD)? surprise

Mid-tier. I'd rank it below anything I mentioned already, as well as Pom Poko and probably a couple others.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (27 seconds ago)
22-Jan(#195)
Wheels617 wrote:
> Not many trades going on right now, anyone have anything on my wanteds they wanna
> trade? :)

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash -- No Shirt, No Shoes, All Service Edition is down to $44 on Amazon fwiw.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (27 seconds ago)
22-Jan(#196)
tonymack21 wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>> I'm generally okay with palette swapping. Somehow I finished Time & Eternity,
> LOL.
>> Just 4 dungeon styles is kind of rough though.
>>
>> I feel you on a game either compelling you to play or not. I just didn't feel
> it
>> with Nier Automata so I dropped it. I know everyone seems to love it but I couldn't
>> get into it.
>>
>> Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura. love Tsubasa is another cool one too. I like
> Clamp
>> a lot in general, I even have Clamp School Detectives on dvd.
>
> ya nier automata really takes off later in the game, most of the way through path
> b I was pretty into it, though 9s was my least fav, and path C is amazing. that
> one contains my fav character of the bunch.
>
> ya that, SM, CS and Tsubasa have something about them the BR just didn't have that
> feel, I know it was made on a smaller budget than p5 and tx but gust is usually better.
> I mean, if you finished time and eternity, which I will do one of these days,(actually
> have a lot of ps3 rpgs I need to play) you could make it through, but the ps4 really
> has some good rpgs with more coming, so its hard to recommend over so many others.
>
>
> I almost started another gust game this weekend after finishing the last of us, nights
> of azure, been wanting to get on that for a while, but after playing some rpgs and
> knowing ill be into kingdom come deliverance soon I started assassins creed black
> flag since I want to get caught up on that series too and that's how far behind on
> that one I am lol, and a little rpg break, I like to mix something different in after
> a couple of long ones, and im resolved to watch more anime this year too, maybe binge
> a series inbetween long games too, really want to watch ancient magus bride. im
> waiting for word on ps4 cold steel before opening my ps3 copies, but I want to play
> them so bad.
>
>

I think part of what helped me get through T&E is that it was short and the game play felt very rhythmic.

My personal PS4 anticipating list: Yakuza 6, RDR 2, Shenmue 3.

Shenmue is really more of a curiosity if I'm being honest. I want to see how they balance trying to appease old fans while also trying to make an actual good modern game. This intrigues me a lot.

Nights of Azure is pretty MEH imo, but if you play it lmk what you think.

I decided to wait for PS4 Cold Steel to play the 2nd one after they announced it.

I think I'm going to play some NSMB U tonight. @DefaultGen will be proud.
Wheels617
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (23 seconds ago)
22-Jan(#197)
Nice price, I may go for that!


Gypsy wrote:
> Wheels617 wrote:
>> Not many trades going on right now, anyone have anything on my wanteds they wanna
>> trade? :)
>
> Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash -- No Shirt, No Shoes, All Service Edition is down
> to $44 on Amazon fwiw.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (27 seconds ago)
22-Jan(#198)
creagan wrote:
> |>
>> Foxhack wrote:
> |>> Any word on missing or changed extras on these releases?
>>
>> The new releases might be a better option for someone looking to get these movies.
>> From what I can tell reading reviews they pretty much used the same transfer,
> kept
>> all extras and in some cases added some mostly small new ones. The big benefit
> though
>> is these aren't Disney discs. Wow is that always an improvement. You don't get
> spammed
>> with ads for other movies before you get to the menu.
>>
>> Shout Factory is a garbage tier company but if they are only distributing, that
> seems
>> fine.
>
> Yeah, very good point on the Disney video spam.

yes

I'm not a fan of funimation either for that reason plus their somewhat dodgy releases.

With Ranma (Viz release) I was able to chapter skip the one ad on there to go right to the menu at least. When I'm paying good money for a premium format, it shouldn't be a more obnoxious experience than downloading and watching rips from the internet, lol.

tonymack21 wrote:
> i still have my launch day dreamcast, im sure i'll keep that forever.
>
>

I'm proud.

Noid wrote:
> DefaultGen wrote:
>> Noid wrote:
> |>> As long as we're ratin' Studio Ghibli films, @Gypsy, what's the verdict on
>> Ponyo
> |>> (DVD)? surprise
>>
>> The verdict is Ponyo loves Blu-Ray
>>
>>
>
> Blu-Ray is a fad. winking raspberry

In the sense that physical media is a fad sure. As with any format it depends a bit on the transfer but in general bluray is great. I've seen Cowboy Bebop on dvd and bluray now, and just wow. Same with Seven Samurai, just no comparison.

Gredler wrote:
> I started Neutopia last night, getting through the first dungeon and making it to
> the entrance of the second. I forgot how much I enjoy this game. I've played it once
> before on my PSP via emulation, but playing it on the everdrive on the PCE is even
> better. I hope you all enjoy it, I certainly am so far. Now to track down a way to
> start Ys IV. February gredler goals: Ys IV PCE and Neutopia.

Ys IV is great you will love it too. I am also enjoying Neutopia. Sounds like you got a bit further than me. Yay for save states or I wouldn't have much progress at all I don't think.
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
22-Jan(#199)
Lunar wrote:
> Hm, Saturn is such a great system and Pseudo makes playing things a little bit easier,
> so I doubt I will ever sell it. I was taking pics of the CIB Sega Saturn system, I took
> it out, I just put it back in the box. I can't sell it lol. I don't think I will
> find another one in such condition.
>
> Dreamcast is another keeper for me. I feel like Genesis/Sega CD/32X is ditchable.
> But I have a hard time convincing myself to get rid of them.

If it makes you feel better, that's about where I am. Keeping Saturn and Dreamcast. I'm in a slightly different situation with genesis though because I'm probably buying a nomad. So I'll keep my small RPG genesis collection.

Gredler
Double Gold Good Trader
22-Jan(#200)
Gypsy wrote:
> Ys IV is great you will love it too. I am also enjoying Neutopia. Sounds like you
> got a bit further than me. Yay for save states or I wouldn't have much progress at
> all I don't think.

I am lezy and need to find a pre-patched version of the Nightwolve Ys IV. I might just send him a PM on PCEFX and ask him if he can link me to a patched up ISO. I am looking forward to checking IV out as I have 0 experience or knoweldge of it. I&II I've seen a bunch and tried to play the first segment of a bunch in the past, and III I've played quite a bit on SNES but not all the way through. I am a IV virgin however, so this is going to be mind blowing I'm sure ;)

Neutopia is pretty cool how it just cuts your money in half when you die so you can run through and figure out where you need to go and spend all your money frivously until you make a "run for it". It reminds me of darksouls like that, as when you die you warp back to the save point with items in hand you collected, loosing currency (instead of exp, thankfully) only. Very forgiving at the begining - I remember it getting higher stakes later. If I gave any tip it would be GET THE FIRE WAND ASAP. First things first, go grab that, and then use it the rest of the game ;)
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
22-Jan(#201)
Gypsy wrote:
> tonymack21 wrote:

>>
>
> I think part of what helped me get through T&E is that it was short and the game
> play felt very rhythmic.
>
> My personal PS4 anticipating list: Yakuza 6, RDR 2, Shenmue 3.
>
> Shenmue is really more of a curiosity if I'm being honest. I want to see how they
> balance trying to appease old fans while also trying to make an actual good modern
> game. This intrigues me a lot.
>
> Nights of Azure is pretty MEH imo, but if you play it lmk what you think.
>
> I decided to wait for PS4 Cold Steel to play the 2nd one after they announced it.
>
> I think I'm going to play some NSMB U tonight. @DefaultGen will be proud.

Ya yakuza is something else i gotta get caught up on, its gonna take me forever to play all these games lol.

ya i get the feeling NoA isn't gonna be top tier but i'll give it a go sometime i have both of them ready to go.

has cold steel ps4 been confirmed for the US? last i knew cold steel 3 was in the works and japan was getting 1 and 2 but wasn't sure we were. sadly we will probably never get the other trails of duology.

and Shenmue, ya that's gonna be interesting.


Topic   RTT NEC (company) NEC PC Engine Duo-R NEC TurboGrafx-16 NEC PC Engine NEC Super CD-ROM 2 NEC CD-ROM 2 NEC TurboDuo NEC TurboExpress NEC PC-FX NEC Super Grafx