Forum Search

What to Search

Topic   * chatting * Official Discussion Thread - For Discussion of the Steals Thread Only

cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
24-Mar
Jeff wrote:
> cblake78 wrote:
>> Did FrictionPin ask for a refund? He didn't publicly, anyways, that I can find.
> And
>> if he did, did Boston decline?
>
> Yes and yes.
>
>

Gotcha. Looking through his posts I can't find where he complained about it (unless he deleted them) so I was just confused.
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
24-Mar
Did FrictionPin ask for a refund? He didn't publicly, anyways, that I can find. And if he did, did Boston decline?

Topic   FT Mass Effect Andromeda PS4

cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
23-Mar
Is it as bad as the reviews say?

Topic   * chatting * Official Discussion Thread - For Discussion of the Steals Thread Only

cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
22-Mar
NatGasHole wrote:
> If a persons item doesn't get dibbed the punishment should be more than a 48 hour
> ban. Maybe that would help? Maybe the next time around they're banned until the next
> time the thread opens up?
>
>

I don't think that was ever enforced. Several items went unclaimed it seemed with no repercussions.
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
22-Mar
Lunar wrote:
> I think what people didn't understand is the concept of reciprocation. There were
> alot of attention and focus on individual deals.
>
> Why was $10 PSN for $3 a good steal in the beginning? Because that's the amount of
> discount we were operating at.
>
> But if you take a Pokemon Sun/Moon Dual Pack Sealed for $10 shipped, then offered
> $30 PSN for $10(while this is a GREAT steal on its own), but in this case it's called
> stealing because the guy pocketed $30+.
>
> Or a more recent example, you take a sealed Pokemon Omega/Alpha and give back a DualShock
> 2 controller  * wry smile *
>
> You have to see this as a trade, like I am getting a $60-$70 discount on this game,
> therefore, what can I offer so it will have a similar amount of discount.
>
>

Yeah, that's not reciprocating at all. Did that actually happen? I know I dibbed that $30 PSN for $10 but didn't pay attention to what came before.
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 22-Mar
Jeff wrote:
> Lunar wrote:
>> I just wish people would be honest and reciprocate appropriately. It was simple
> and
>> easy and fun.
>>
>> Obviously, some restrictions needed to be in place to make sure people don't take
>> advantage, but really makes the process more complicated than it should be.
>>
>> If only people are honest...
>
> Of course, but if there's no real repercussions (will i get restricted/banned for
> this?) then it's all free reign...
>
> so, with that being said, whoever got their hands in the pot before won't be able
> to do it again.
>
>

I feel like most people were fair about it...I know I for one didn't always have the most desirable stuff but I always tried to make sure my steals offered made up for what I had dibbed. I relied on the feedback and if my items weren't moving I altered them as much as I could to make sure they were worth people's dibs.

I feel like most people have done that...until the end when it seemed like people offered up whatever and were fine with their dib reverting.
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
22-Mar
Jeff wrote:
> I'll be giving it a break for a bit before I update the rules. It'll give me a bit
> of time to work out the kinks... some things to address:
>
> 1.) free stuff (can be thrown in, but cannot be in the equation of a "steal" offering)
> 2.) mystery boxes
> 3.) steal value minimums (must be at least X dollar amount)
> 4.) steal tiers (ill explain this when i revise the thread... no more high value
> items for junk in return)
>
> anything else I may have missed?
>
>

Steal tiers would be interesting and probably needed...maybe 4-5 levels ($1-10 discount, $11-20 discount, $21-30 discount, $31-40 discount, $41-50 discount)?

If you claim something within tier 3 let's say ($21-30 discount), you must post something as a steal in that same tier or higher.
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
22-Mar
Probably a good call.

Topic   TEMP CLOSED - Official Get A Steal - Give A Steal $100 or LESS/Bronze Starand UP

cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
22-Mar
RobotVendingMachine wrote:
> RobotVendingMachine wrote:
>> Option 1:
>> Steam Link, RE 4 CIB Gamecube, and Akumajō Special: Boku Dracula-kun Famicom
>> (Label has a tear) - 12.50 shipped
>>
>> or
>> pick one for free.
>>
>> Option 2:
>> Doom (PS4) $3.50 Shipped
>>
>> Option 3:
>> Loose King Dedede (SBS) Amiibo - Free
>>
>>
>
>
>

Back to these we go...

Current steals.

Topic   * chatting * Official Discussion Thread - For Discussion of the Steals Thread Only

cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
21-Mar
NatGasHole wrote:
> Do people care at all about blu ray movies anymore?
>
>

Apparently not. I had to give mine away in that thread for them to be considered a steal.

Topic   TEMP CLOSED - Official Get A Steal - Give A Steal $100 or LESS/Bronze Starand UP

cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 21-Mar
devans77 wrote:
> I guess I'm getting called out for not having a good steal? The reason I didn't
> offer these at a huge discount is because I looked at values of the ds lite there
> is several on ebay with a couple of hours left with no bids for around $20... so
> I'm offering my items at a $8 loss. Which would be essentially like paying $28 for
> the ds. So all things considered I'm losing out on this or just breaking around even.....
> Also that is the reason I haven't added any more items like I usually do because
> if It gets reverted It's no big deal to me.
>
>
>

Agreed, fine logic. Wasn't calling you out necessarily, just stating the approximate discount of the current steal  * yes *

Topic   * chatting * Official Discussion Thread - For Discussion of the Steals Thread Only

cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
21-Mar
Kicking myself for not taking that 2DS steal...almost took your DS Lite Lunar but really wanna be able to play 3DS games. Current steals are ok...question -- do I have to have the Steam game downloaded on my Mac/PC to play using Steam Link?

Topic   Official Get A Steal - Give A Steal $100 or LESS / Bronze Star OR HIGHER ONLY

cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
21-Mar
devans77 wrote:
> Current steal
> 12 month xbox live $28
> Or
> 12 Month ps + $32
>
>

Current steal...roughly an $8 discount on what each can be found for.
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
21-Mar
Negative.
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
21-Mar
Who? Don't see it.
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
21-Mar
WithinTemptation wrote:
> No, because someone called dibs already. We are waiting for next guy to post

No they haven't.
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 21-Mar
Was that DS Lite crap? Thought that was pretty solid. Maybe I'm wrong.
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 21-Mar
gameremporium wrote:
> devans77 wrote:
>> Dibs nintendo ds lite crimson with mario kart $20
>>
> holy heck....that was...close!

Technically he was a couple minutes late but who's counting?  * wink *
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 21-Mar
3 minutes left...
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
20-Mar
Yeah at this rate perhaps making this once or twice a month for whatever period of time is the best way to go...it's slowed down pretty significantly.
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
20-Mar
JEFFNES wrote:
> Legend of Zelda and Adv of Link gold carts $15
>
>
> Mystery NES game lot $15

So I guess it's back to this steal...do we give it 6 hours again @Jeff?
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
20-Mar
The_Pope wrote:
> Your choice for $15 shipped
>
> Star Wars Original Trilogy Bluray set
> Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone Gwent set
> Ooma Telo

20 minutes left...
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
20-Mar
Jeff wrote:
> Great deal, I bought the same thing for $30 on ebay (still goes for $70+)
>
>

You're thinking of the 6-movie set...got mine on eBay for ~$30 as well. This set does not fetch $70.

Topic   Spring Has Sprung Sail--> Tablets, PS4, SSD, ETC. BONUS SWITCH ITEMS

cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
20-Mar
Borderlands The Handsome Collection-$8

Topic   Official Get A Steal - Give A Steal $100 or LESS / Bronze Star OR HIGHER ONLY

cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
19-Mar
30 minutes left...