Archive:General

Topic   Hey look, this sicko works for my agency and at my airport

Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
24-Apr-2011(#1)
http://articles.philly.com/2011-04-23/news/2946670...

We called him crazy eyes.
It all makes sense now.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
ENIX
450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 13 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
24-Apr-2011(#2)
That is one flesh-eyed bowl-headed morphodite-lookin' fudgein turd.





image image
The Dragonlord revealed his true self!
Command?
Miranda
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
Has Written 1 Review
24-Apr-2011(#3)
He looks like a chester.

It would be a cold day in hell before I let that fudgeer pat down my 6 year old girl.
VinoBrad
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
(abuse)
24-Apr-2011(#4)
Ick... I'll be leaving now.
Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
24-Apr-2011(#5)
Miranda wrote:
> He looks like a chester.
>
> It would be a cold day in hell before I let that fudgeer pat down
> my 6 year old girl.

Everyone's making a big deal about that kid getting patted down, but it's protocol. TSA doesn't really pat down kids 11 and under, they get a Bulk Item Pat Down, which is like the same thing you get when you go to football games and theme parks now. I work for Customs, but TSA, Customs and ICE all are part of DHS and i'm protective of my TSA co workers. Most of that recent hate is bullcrap and propaganda.
But in this case, this guy is a real sicko. No previous criminal record, and i know a lot of hate is going to come down on TSA and DHS for hiring him, but there's really nothing they could have done about it.
His supervisors at TSA tipped off the Philadelphia local FBI. If they hadn't, he would still be doing this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
ENIX
450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 13 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
24-Apr-2011(#6)
Sorry. I wouldn't voluntarily let anyone pat my underage daughter down. I would rather take another form of transportation or charter a private airline. We're too loose with our rights these days. I don't give a fudge how "official" the TSA says they are. We wouldn't let a policeman fondle our kids, why should some random dude in a McDonald's uniform do it? It's fudging unacceptable.




image image
The Dragonlord revealed his true self!
Command?
Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
24-Apr-2011(#7)
ENIX wrote:
> Sorry. I wouldn't voluntarily let anyone pat my underage daughter
> down. I would rather take another form of transportation or charter
> a private airline. We're too loose with our rights these days. I
> don't give a fudge how "official" the TSA says they are. We wouldn't
> let a policeman fondle our kids, why should some random dude in a
> McDonald's uniform do it? It's fudging unacceptable.
>
>
>


There's no fondling at all. Only the arms, lower legs, stomach region and back are swiped.
And cops do have the right to pat down a minor. The rules vary from state to state, but if the minor is from 15 to 17, they don't even need a parent/guardian present. As long as they have just cause or even if they suspect a crime has been committed or is about to be committed. Any minor under the teen years, needs a parent/guardian present. You can check Terry v. Ohio for more facts on that.
Whenever TSA touches or searches anyone under the age of 18, a parent/guardian needs to be present. And it's always same sex.
TSO's are well trained (2 months classroom training and 8 months on the job training, with re certifications every 6 months) and the selection process is very choosy. The only problem with the system is that after your 2 year Government Probation, you're pretty much untouchable. It's nearly impossible to fire an agent with tenure.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
Subby

(frozen)
24-Apr-2011(#8)
ENIX wrote:
> That is one flesh-eyed bowl-headed morphodite-lookin' fudgein turd.
>
>
>
>

Ha ! I just saw that episode of worlds dumbest today too...  * wink *

Alienware m11x R3 -su7300-4GB-500GB-7.2K
NVIDIA 335M 1GB
Canon T1i / 18-250mm / 50mm / vanguard elite 4
White EVO 4G - 32GB iPad 2 - Moto Xoom - 360 slim
Nickodeemuss
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
24-Apr-2011(#9)
People blow this crap way out of proportion. In my recent experiences being patted down at the airport, they just went up my leg (stopping well short of my balls and ass), up my sides to my armpits and then down the front of my torso (once again stopping short of my junk). Unless I've had different experiences as everybody else, I really don't find it to be that bothersome.
____
image
Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
24-Apr-2011(#10)
Nickodeemuss wrote:
> People blow this crap way out of proportion. In my recent experiences
> being patted down at the airport, they just went up my leg (stopping
> well short of my balls and ass), up my sides to my armpits and then
> down the front of my torso (once again stopping short of my junk).
> Unless I've had different experiences as everybody else, I really
> don't find it to be that bothersome.
>

Nope, that's the pat down currently in effect. It's really not that bad.
There's a bunch of ways you can pretty much guarantee that you won't get patted down.
People are fudging stupid and don't read the signs we have posted everywhere.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
ENIX
450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 13 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
24-Apr-2011(#11)
I don't care so much about myself, but nobody is touching my kids. Metal detector is about as far as I would let anyone go on a kid.




image image
The Dragonlord revealed his true self!
Command?
Miranda
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
Has Written 1 Review
24-Apr-2011(#12)
Nickodeemuss wrote:
> People blow this crap way out of proportion.
> In my recent experiences being patted down
> at the airport, they just went up my leg
> (stopping well short of my balls and ass),
> up my sides to my armpits and then down the
> front of my torso (once again stopping short
> of my junk). Unless I've had different experiences
> as everybody else, I really don't find it
> to be that bothersome.
>

You aren't a 6 year old little girl.


Miranda
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
Has Written 1 Review
24-Apr-2011(#13)
anti_virus347 wrote:
> venturesagogo wrote:
>> Nickodeemuss wrote:
> |>> People blow this crap way out of proportion.
> In my recent
>> experiences
> |>> being patted down at the airport, they
> just went up my
>> leg (stopping
> |>> well short of my balls and ass), up my
> sides to my armpits
>> and then
> |>> down the front of my torso (once again
> stopping short
>> of my junk).
> |>> Unless I've had different experiences
> as everybody else,
>> I really
> |>> don't find it to be that bothersome.
>
> |>>
>>
>> Nope, that's the pat down currently in
> effect. It's really
>> not that bad.
>> There's a bunch of ways you can pretty
> much guarantee that
>> you won't get patted down.
>> People are fudging stupid and don't read
> the signs we have
>> posted everywhere.
>>
>>
> When did the pat down stuff start? Last time
> i was in a plane was 2008. No one from our
> family of 5 was touched.
>

You're white.








jk
ENIX
450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 13 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
* 24-Apr-2011(#14)
Exactly. Some things have to be accetable risks. If we get to the point in life where we're worried about people using 6 year old girls to hide bombs and weapons, then we need to rethink the idea of allowing everyone to bring non-projectile weapons onto a plane to defend themselves instead of allowing adults to manhandle other peoples' children... That's just me though.




image image
The Dragonlord revealed his true self!
Command?
Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
24-Apr-2011(#15)
anti_virus347 wrote:
> venturesagogo wrote:
>> Nickodeemuss wrote:
> |>> People blow this crap way out of proportion. In my recent
>> experiences
> |>> being patted down at the airport, they just went up my
>> leg (stopping
> |>> well short of my balls and ass), up my sides to my armpits
>> and then
> |>> down the front of my torso (once again stopping short
>> of my junk).
> |>> Unless I've had different experiences as everybody else,
>> I really
> |>> don't find it to be that bothersome.
> |>>
>>
>> Nope, that's the pat down currently in effect. It's really
>> not that bad.
>> There's a bunch of ways you can pretty much guarantee that
>> you won't get patted down.
>> People are fudging stupid and don't read the signs we have
>> posted everywhere.
>>
>>
> When did the pat down stuff start? Last time i was in a plane was
> 2008. No one from our family of 5 was touched.
>

It only happens if you alarm the metal detector multiple times (usually people with metal implants, pacemakers or just idiots who don't remove their cell phones from their pockets) or if you have 4 or more anomalies when going through the body scanner (once again, this goes back to people not listening/reading. you're told multiple times to remove EVERYTHING from your pockets, take belts off etc etc).

The only other way that anyone will get a full pat down, is if the airline your flying with flags your ticket. If you see a row of S's on the bottom of your ticket, you're getting a pat down. This really only happens with people paying in cash or being from particular countries.

If you're wearing cargo pants, bulky clothing, a skirt, etc etc, a target area search will be performed on you ie: the pockets of the cargo pants will be patted down only, the legs of the skirt, etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
24-Apr-2011(#16)
Miranda wrote:
> Nickodeemuss wrote:
>> People blow this crap way out of proportion.
>> In my recent experiences being patted down
>> at the airport, they just went up my leg
>> (stopping well short of my balls and ass),
>> up my sides to my armpits and then down the
>> front of my torso (once again stopping short
>> of my junk). Unless I've had different experiences
>> as everybody else, I really don't find it
>> to be that bothersome.
>>
>
> You aren't a 6 year old little girl.
>
>
>

If you were actually reading the stuff that i said, kids under 10 get a very minimal swiping. Nothing major. Parents are always given the option to refuse and be escorted off the premises.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
Josh
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
24-Apr-2011(#17)
If someone gives me trouble about a pat down at my job, I have permission to use force to remove them from the terminal.
Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
* 24-Apr-2011(#18)
Josh wrote:
> If someone gives me trouble about a pat down at my job, I have permission
> to use force to remove them from the terminal.

Is that private security? Because TSA doesn't have permission to use force.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
Miranda
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
Has Written 1 Review
24-Apr-2011(#19)
venturesagogo wrote:
> Miranda wrote:
>> Nickodeemuss wrote:
> |>> People blow this crap way out of proportion.
> |>> In my recent experiences being patted
> down
> |>> at the airport, they just went up my
> leg
> |>> (stopping well short of my balls and
> ass),
> |>> up my sides to my armpits and then down
> the
> |>> front of my torso (once again stopping
> short
> |>> of my junk). Unless I've had different
> experiences
> |>> as everybody else, I really don't find
> it
> |>> to be that bothersome.
> |>>
>>
>> You aren't a 6 year old little girl.
>>
>>
>>
>
> If you were actually reading the stuff that
> i said, kids under 10 get a very minimal
> swiping. Nothing major. Parents are always
> given the option to refuse and be escorted
> off the premises.
>
>

If you actually read the OP and the article you would know I wasn't referencing any post you made. My response(s) are in reference to the article linked in the OP and is part of a dialogue that has transpired within this thread. The article clearly states a 6 year old little girl received a pat down.
Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
24-Apr-2011(#20)
Miranda wrote:
> venturesagogo wrote:
>> Miranda wrote:
> |>> Nickodeemuss wrote:
>> |>> People blow this crap way out of proportion.
>> |>> In my recent experiences being patted
>> down
>> |>> at the airport, they just went up my
>> leg
>> |>> (stopping well short of my balls and
>> ass),
>> |>> up my sides to my armpits and then down
>> the
>> |>> front of my torso (once again stopping
>> short
>> |>> of my junk). Unless I've had different
>> experiences
>> |>> as everybody else, I really don't find
>> it
>> |>> to be that bothersome.
>> |>>
> |>>
> |>> You aren't a 6 year old little girl.
> |>>
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> If you were actually reading the stuff that
>> i said, kids under 10 get a very minimal
>> swiping. Nothing major. Parents are always
>> given the option to refuse and be escorted
>> off the premises.
>>
>>
>
> If you actually read the OP and the article you would know I wasn't
> referencing any post you made. My response(s) are in reference to
> the article linked in the OP and is part of a dialogue that has transpired
> within this thread. The article clearly states a 6 year old little
> girl received a pat down.
>

She received a Bulk Item Pat Down as stated before. The news threw it out of proportion as they usually do. It is a modified pat down. She only received it because her idiot parents refused to let her go through the metal detector or body scanner. They were given a choice (like at every airport) and when you refuse the metal detector or body scanner, you get a pat down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
Longknife
Bronze Good Trader Gold Global Trader (15) Has Written 2 Reviews
(frozen)
25-Apr-2011(#21)
venturesagogo wrote:
> Miranda wrote:
>> venturesagogo wrote:
> |>> Miranda wrote:
>> |>> Nickodeemuss wrote:
> |>> |>> People blow this crap way out of proportion.
> |>> |>> In my recent experiences being patted
> |>> down
> |>> |>> at the airport, they just went up my
> |>> leg
> |>> |>> (stopping well short of my balls and
> |>> ass),
> |>> |>> up my sides to my armpits and then down
> |>> the
> |>> |>> front of my torso (once again stopping
> |>> short
> |>> |>> of my junk). Unless I've had different
> |>> experiences
> |>> |>> as everybody else, I really don't find
> |>> it
> |>> |>> to be that bothersome.
> |>> |>>
>> |>>
>> |>> You aren't a 6 year old little girl.
>> |>>
>> |>>
>> |>>
> |>>
> |>> If you were actually reading the stuff that
> |>> i said, kids under 10 get a very minimal
> |>> swiping. Nothing major. Parents are always
> |>> given the option to refuse and be escorted
> |>> off the premises.
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> If you actually read the OP and the article you would know I wasn't
>> referencing any post you made. My response(s) are in reference
> to
>> the article linked in the OP and is part of a dialogue that has
> transpired
>> within this thread. The article clearly states a 6 year old little
>> girl received a pat down.
>>
>
> She received a Bulk Item Pat Down as stated before. The news threw
> it out of proportion as they usually do. It is a modified pat down.
> She only received it because her idiot parents refused to let her
> go through the metal detector or body scanner. They were given a choice
> (like at every airport) and when you refuse the metal detector or
> body scanner, you get a pat down.
>
>


I was reading about it the newspaper, but I had to re-read a news article about it just to refresh my memory....It's amazing just how sensitive our society has become. Some of it is understandable, but because of the Internet, it seems like every little thing that shouldn't matter that much gets blown way out of proportion. People then make a fuss to force changes to be made, but then they get pissy when those changes are made.

image
Subby

(frozen)
25-Apr-2011(#22)
Sorry,had to do it.....I hope they cut his balls off with a cheap,rusty knife........

image


image


Alienware m11x R3 -su7300-4GB-500GB-7.2K
NVIDIA 335M 1GB
Canon T1i / 18-250mm / 50mm / vanguard elite 4
White EVO 4G - 32GB iPad 2 - Moto Xoom - 360 slim
Josh
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
25-Apr-2011(#23)
venturesagogo wrote:
> Josh wrote:
>> If someone gives me trouble about a pat down at my job, I have
> permission
>> to use force to remove them from the terminal.
>
> Is that private security? Because TSA doesn't have permission to use
> force.
>
>

Private.
VinoBrad
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
(abuse)
25-Apr-2011(#24)
I like it when the angry black lady touches my balls at the airport, it's like Marge from Night Court in my head. That way I just laugh and feel less violated.
Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
25-Apr-2011(#25)
VinoBrad wrote:
> I like it when the angry black lady touches my balls at the airport,
> it's like Marge from Night Court in my head. That way I just laugh
> and feel less violated.


Well that's made up because it's always same sex. A woman will never give a man a pat down at the airport.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
Josh
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
26-Apr-2011(#26)
Seriously, we should just not check for bombs. Let a few people get blown the fudge up. Hey, it's you guys that complained so we gave you what you wanted.
Felty
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
Has Written 6 Reviews
26-Apr-2011(#27)
Only pat down arab kids, then nobody will fuss about it.
bluerage
Bronze Good Trader
26-Apr-2011(#28)
How about we stop the fake security show and start using dogs? No, we're america, we've got backroom deals with security companies that make the new scanners.

The new pat downs are for those who refuse the new scanners, btw.

If we really cared about security, these things would be at every stadium and every skyscraper. But we're not serious about it, we only make it look like we are.

Have a nice orange terror alert day!
Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
26-Apr-2011(#29)
bluerage wrote:
> How about we stop the fake security show and start using dogs? No,
> we're america, we've got backroom deals with security companies that
> make the new scanners.
>
> The new pat downs are for those who refuse the new scanners, btw.
>

We have dogs. Customs, airport police, TSA and DHS cargo inspectors have dogs.
They work great.

The pat down is for people who opt out of the body scanners or walk through metal detector. It is also for pregnant women, people with pacemakers, people who alarm the walk through metal detector, people who get randomly screened, people who are selected by their airline to get screened, and a ton of other reasons.
It's not just for people who refuse the scanners.
It's not like it's my fudging job or anything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
bluerage
Bronze Good Trader
* 26-Apr-2011(#30)
I fly an average of twice a year. Never seen a dog.

Edit: Saw that under cargo inspectors. If you had dogs in the public line, it would go a lot smoother and less rapey/radiating than pat downs/full body scans.

I don't like spending an extra 30/ticket for the carnival.
Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
26-Apr-2011(#31)
Subby wrote:
> Sorry,had to do it.....I hope they cut his balls off with a cheap,rusty
> knife........
>
>
>
>
>
>

Cute.
TSA isn't authorized to give cavity searches. Ever.
If need be, they hand them over to the airport police.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
bluerage
Bronze Good Trader
26-Apr-2011(#32)
venturesagogo wrote:
> ENIX wrote:

> Whenever TSA touches or searches anyone under the age of 18, a parent/guardian
> needs to be present. And it's always same sex.


Were these rules the same right after 911? When I was 16 or 17 and got searched at the gate on two separate occasions coming out of MSP.
Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
26-Apr-2011(#33)
bluerage wrote:
> venturesagogo wrote:
>> ENIX wrote:
>
>> Whenever TSA touches or searches anyone under the age of 18, a
> parent/guardian
>> needs to be present. And it's always same sex.
>
>
> Were these rules the same right after 911? When I was 16 or 17 and
> got searched at the gate on two separate occasions coming out of MSP.

Right after 9/11, TSA wasn't in full force and didn't really have their crap together. So it might have been customs, airport police or private security run by Lockheed that searched you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
NeWsKiLLz
Bronze Good Trader
26-Apr-2011(#34)
Must not be as hard as I thought to get a job at the airport.
Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
26-Apr-2011(#35)
NeWsKiLLz wrote:
> Must not be as hard as I thought to get a job at the airport.

Nice.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
Josh
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
26-Apr-2011(#36)
The amount of Radiation that is produced from scanners is very small. Dogs, at least where I work, are used to search the terminal before it opens and to sniff the cargo going on. Suck it up and take the pat down.
Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
26-Apr-2011(#37)
Josh wrote:
> The amount of Radiation that is produced from scanners is very small.
> Dogs, at least where I work, are used to search the terminal before
> it opens and to sniff the cargo going on. Suck it up and take the
> pat down.

Using your cell phone for 30 minutes or sitting in front of your computer for 2 hours produces more radiation than a screener will be exposed to in an 8 hour shift.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
bluerage
Bronze Good Trader
26-Apr-2011(#38)
Here's the thing, I don't mind the pat downs, and I don't fly enough to worry about radiation. I could care less if somebody has to grab my nuts for their job, thats fine I'll take it, it doesn't bother me one iota. Their limits are very defined and within those boundaries I don't care. The efficiency and corruption is what bothers me.


I do not like the whole fiasco. I don't like paying 30 bucks extra a ticket. I don't like waiting in line for unnecessary procedures that don't need to be done. Does my ID need to really be checked 3 different times? Do I really need to take 3 buckets to take out my laptop, ps3 (because we know it will be destroyed) and my sweatshirt, among others?

I'm a smoker. If I want to smoke I have go to out to the main terminal front doors at most airports. If my flight is delayed say... 3 hours.. I can't go out to have a smoke because I have to run through security again, and I can't be there in case the plane comes in.

The creep could have been anywhere, so that's not really the TSA's fault. It's like saying if my cousin murdered someone with a gun, that everyone in my family who owns guns is using them to murder people. You guys take a lot of unnecessary crap, but you also have to realize that the efficiency and theater of it is a joke.
Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
26-Apr-2011(#39)
bluerage wrote:
> Here's the thing, I don't mind the pat downs, and I don't fly enough
> to worry about radiation. I could care less if somebody has to grab
> my nuts for their job, thats fine I'll take it, it doesn't bother
> me one iota. Their limits are very defined and within those boundaries
> I don't care. The efficiency and corruption is what bothers me.
>
>
> I do not like the whole fiasco. I don't like paying 30 bucks extra
> a ticket. I don't like waiting in line for unnecessary procedures
> that don't need to be done. Does my ID need to really be checked 3
> different times? Do I really need to take 3 buckets to take out my
> laptop, ps3 (because we know it will be destroyed) and my sweatshirt,
> among others?
>
> I'm a smoker. If I want to smoke I have go to out to the main terminal
> front doors at most airports. If my flight is delayed say... 3 hours..
> I can't go out to have a smoke because I have to run through security
> again, and I can't be there in case the plane comes in.
>
> The creep could have been anywhere, so that's not really the TSA's
> fault. It's like saying if my cousin murdered someone with a gun,
> that everyone in my family who owns guns is using them to murder people.
> You guys take a lot of unnecessary crap, but you also have to realize
> that the efficiency and theater of it is a joke.


What are you talking about the $30 extra per ticket. That has nothing to do with TSA. The Department of Homeland Security is a government funded entity. Airport security is not privatized (unless you go to a smaller airport like the one Josh works at) so this extra $30 you're talking about doesn't make sense.

Different airports work different ways. At Philadelphia we check your boarding pass and ID before screening and then you can put those away until you board your flight. You don't even have to show your ID again, just your boarding pass to get on the flight.

You need 3 bins etc etc, for each large electronic device because if you stack the devices, the x ray machine cannot see through them, thus resulting in overlap. Keep electronic devices separate and out of bags and you save yourself and TSA workers a lot of time.

We don't take pity on smokers. You having an addiction that forces you to leave the sterile area of the airport is not our problem. Some airports have smoking lounges within the airport or just some of the bars allow smoking. Contact your airport for more information.

What is this corruption you're talking about? Have i suddenly become Frank Serpico?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
bluerage
Bronze Good Trader
26-Apr-2011(#40)
venturesagogo wrote:
> bluerage wrote:

> What are you talking about the $30 extra per ticket. That has nothing
> to do with TSA. The Department of Homeland Security is a government
> funded entity. Airport security is not privatized (unless you go to
> a smaller airport like the one Josh works at) so this extra $30 you're
> talking about doesn't make sense.

September 11th security fee...Airport Passenger Faculty charge....

DSA's budget was 42.6 billion last year. The money's getting to you somewhere, from the taxpayers pocket.


>
> Different airports work different ways. At Philadelphia we check your
> boarding pass and ID before screening and then you can put those away
> until you board your flight. You don't even have to show your ID again,
> just your boarding pass to get on the flight.

Ticket counter, Pre-Security line, if there's a hand swab, there's a check there, when you go through the detector it is checked, and they used to do it at the gate in the early 2000's. Haven't seen that one in awhile. That's a lot of wasted time and money there.

>
> You need 3 bins etc etc, for each large electronic device because
> if you stack the devices, the x ray machine cannot see through them,
> thus resulting in overlap. Keep electronic devices separate and out
> of bags and you save yourself and TSA workers a lot of time.

Why not use the new scanners to replace the old ones instead of creating another line?


>
> We don't take pity on smokers. You having an addiction that forces
> you to leave the sterile area of the airport is not our problem. Some
> airports have smoking lounges within the airport or just some of the
> bars allow smoking. Contact your airport for more information.

This is a right you took away.

>
> What is this corruption you're talking about? Have i suddenly become
> Frank Serpico?
>

Our government has been doing backroom deals with security contractors for years, don't think that all these new scanners weren't very expensive.
Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
26-Apr-2011(#41)
And done talking to you.
Your perception of reality is fudgeed.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
RickHarrison
Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
27-Apr-2011(#42)
venturesagogo wrote:
> Josh wrote:
>> The amount of Radiation that is produced from scanners is very
> small.
>> Dogs, at least where I work, are used to search the terminal before
>> it opens and to sniff the cargo going on. Suck it up and take the
>> pat down.
>
> Using your cell phone for 30 minutes or sitting in front of your computer
> for 2 hours produces more radiation than a screener will be exposed
> to in an 8 hour shift.
>
>

Could you please cite this. My concerns come from the fact that TSA employees are not allowed to wear dosimeters while on the job. Either it's an image thing, not wanting to scare passengers from going through the machines, or it's a matter of them not wanting employees to know how dangerous these machines may actually be.
Simon_Belmont
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
27-Apr-2011(#43)
archangel wrote:
> venturesagogo wrote:
>> Josh wrote:
> |>> The amount of Radiation that is produced from scanners is very
>> small.
> |>> Dogs, at least where I work, are used to search the terminal before
> |>> it opens and to sniff the cargo going on. Suck it up and take
> the
> |>> pat down.
>>
>> Using your cell phone for 30 minutes or sitting in front of your
> computer
>> for 2 hours produces more radiation than a screener will be exposed
>> to in an 8 hour shift.
>>
>>
>
> Could you please cite this. My concerns come from the fact that TSA
> employees are not allowed to wear dosimeters while on the job. Either
> it's an image thing, not wanting to scare passengers from going through
> the machines, or it's a matter of them not wanting employees to know
> how dangerous these machines may actually be.

It was in our training manuals and was given during training classes. The walk through metal detector doesn't use radiation, as it's just a metal detector. The x ray machines that scan your bags have curtains on them that scatter the x ray's, making them harmless. The only way a TSO could be exposed to full radiation is by operating the machine with no curtains or by sticking their hands into the machine while it is moving. Radiation is only emitted when the belt itself is moving.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image

Topic   Hey look, this sicko works for my agency and at my airport