Archive:General

Topic   Shipping an Xbox 360

thelazyone22
Silver Good Trader
13-Sep-2009(#1)
I'll keep it simple:

1) Will a bare 360 console (no hard drive) fit in any of the Priority Flat-Rate boxes the USPS offers? Is it a snug, acceptable fit or not going to work?

I'm looking at the Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box-O-FRB2 which measures in at 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" x 13-5/8" and the 360 console listed as 12.15 in wide x 3.27 in high x 10.15 in deep. The dimensions seem to work just right, with a bit of tight squeeze in terms of height (3.375 in. box and 3.27 in. console).

Very much appreciate if someone could test and/ or confirm the viability of this. Thanks!

ReportFast

(abandoned)
13-Sep-2009(#2)
i ship my broken consoles that i sell in the flat rate...you could probably get away with it as long as you pad it well but it might just be worth getting a box
sailorneorune
Objection! GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 2 Reviews
This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
* 13-Sep-2009(#3)
If it won't fit in the medium flat-rate box, try the large one and see how that works.

I strongly recommend padding the insides with newspaper, plastic bags, or bubble wrap, just in case someone in the postal chain misreads "Fragile" as "Throw it against the wall 8 times".

If the large flat rate box does not work, go to your nearest Target, Staples, or Office Depot and get the biggest and next biggest boxes they have.

image
Pulseman is available on the Virtual Console. Spend your 9 bucks there for great justice.
Mitsuru

(abandoned)
13-Sep-2009(#4)
I use air bags from my work at Blockbuster. That's how packages from the UPS man come delivered to us. I also got my box from it, and it fits perfect. I would suggest going to a Blockbuster or Gamestop, and asking if they have any available air bags and a box that may fit your 360. Free stuff!
Organization_XIII
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
(offensive)
13-Sep-2009(#5)
Shadowrunner wrote:
> thelazyone22 wrote:
>> I'll keep it simple:
>>
>> 1) Will a bare 360 console (no hard drive) fit in any of the Priority
>> Flat-Rate boxes the USPS offers? Is it a snug, acceptable fit or
> not
>> going to work?
>>
>> I'm looking at the Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box-O-FRB2 which
>> measures in at 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" x 13-5/8" and the 360 console listed
>> as 12.15 in wide x 3.27 in high x 10.15 in deep. The dimensions
> seem
>> to work just right, with a bit of tight squeeze in terms of height
>> (3.375 in. box and 3.27 in. console).
>>
>> Very much appreciate if someone could test and/ or confirm the
> viability
>> of this. Thanks!
>>
>
> Do you know how badly they handle packages at the post office? Stop
> being cheap and go buy a box and use some newspaper and bubble wrap
>

Don't be so hard on him. He's admitting to his laziness. Just look at his username.

image

image

thelazyone22
Silver Good Trader
* 13-Sep-2009(#6)
I guess no one caught my drift, but the Xbox 360 is a heavy console and I am trying to figure out how to get Priority without getting charged up the wazoo.

Shadowrunner wrote:
>
> Do you know how badly they handle packages at the post office? Stop
> being cheap and go buy a box and use some newspaper and bubble wrap
>

I really have no control over this, unfortunately. I also don't understand how using a Post Office provided box is being "cheap". Your own packaging and Priority is like $40-50, whereas a Flat Rate box is $13-15; I figure the savings can then be applied to purchasing insurance and that more than makes up for the potential "bad handling". Plus, I've had loads better experience with Priority at the USPS versus the alternative which is Parcel Post.


Yazzinit wrote:
> The large flat rate box will fit the 360 console and enough room to
> pad it very well, I've received a good amount of 360 consoles this
> way and they've all arrived nicely
>

Excellent, an actual confirmation! Which one though, as the dimensions I was looking at online and eyeballing, the large flat rates are too squareish.


Once again, I do have my fair share shipping stuff, so it's not so much finding shipping materials and packaging well as trying to get around the high pricing to get anything more than two week long shipping. I don't think anyone likes Parcel Post, so the negativity is really unfounded, though not unexpected, I guess.
monkbonk
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
13-Sep-2009(#7)
thelazyone22 wrote:
>
> I really have no control over this, unfortunately. I also don't understand
> how using a Post Office provided box is being "cheap". Your own packaging
> and Priority is like $40-50,

bullcrap

up the wazoo
up the wazoo
up the wazoo
up the wazoo
up the wazoo
up the wazoo
up the wazoo
up the wazoo
up the wazoo
up the wazoo
up the wazoo
up the wazoo


image

HoHoHo290
BTRs
(abandoned)
13-Sep-2009(#8)
You want the 12" X 12" X 5 1/2" Large Flat Rate box. I don't know if you're planning on ordering them online, or going to the post office, but if you just need one, you should run down to the post office and grab one. It generally takes up to 2 weeks for them to deliver the online orders.

Chadical
Silver Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
13-Sep-2009(#9)
image
image
60sTrackStar
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
14-Sep-2009(#10)
For just the bare console, it will fit in a medium flat rate box and the larger flat rate box. The medium even has a little more room if u want to ship the HDD with it as well. I even had room to add a layer of bubble cushion around the console.
Michael

(frozen)
15-Sep-2009(#11)
Shadowrunner wrote:
> Do you know how badly they handle packages at the post office?
This is very true. We throw crap just to throw it.






image
Visit the GameTZ Official Sports Discussion Forum

Topic   Shipping an Xbox 360