General

Topic   Can You Read a Book for Every System You Own in 2022?

DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 21-Feb-2022(#1)
I can keep a tally of users and total books they've read, just drop in here and say what you read and what you thought about it, should be a fun discussion I think. Oh, and I guess let me know how many systems you own or something. For each book read, you will receive a special prize that you and anyone else can see! This may or may not have any monetary or sentimental value attached to it, so don't read books looking to profit. Read books because it's the Chad thing to do on a website about trading videogames. I've got some stuff incoming but I'll kick this off soon on the Kindle, I'm sure I've got a book or two to finish up.

Readers


DarkFact - 3/5
Cevil - 7/10
Kommie - 3.5/1
Miranda - 10/7
Benstylus - 0/?
Alaisiagae - 0/?
Razeak - 4/32
Sinnie - 3/8
bill - 4/7
bogo - 39/7
Hobbes - 11/5
Heavyd814life - 9/5
Roko - 4/9
Scott - 3/5
bumsplikity - 11/25
nonamesleft - 3/?
The_prophecy - 2/2
back4more - 6/2
Cevil
Gold Good Trader
* 21-Feb-2022(#2)
Not gunna lie I totally thought you were joking but I'll support. I just finished a book before posting this so does that count?

Current systems 10

nonamesleft
Double Gold Good Trader
21-Feb-2022(#3)
I've gotta say, your post title caught my attention. Read a book for every system? * Quickly goes and reads a bunch of baby books* :D

But seriously, this is intriguing. Do I have to read a book for a system I own but don't currently use?
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
21-Feb-2022(#4)
Earlier this year I finished The Poppy War, earlier this week I finished House of Blades. Currently reading The Shadow of What Was Lost.

If audiobooks also count, there's also Assassin's Apprentice, Red Rising, This is How You Lose the Time War, and Jade City.

I have at least 1 system.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
21-Feb-2022(#5)
nonamesleft wrote:
> I've gotta say, your post title caught my attention. Read a book for every system?
> * Quickly goes and reads a bunch of baby books* :D
>
> But seriously, this is intriguing. Do I have to read a book for a system I own but
> don't currently use?

That's a great question, and the answer is yes.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
21-Feb-2022(#6)
Cevil wrote:
> Not gunna lie I totally thought you were joking but I'll support. I just finished
> a book before posting this so does that count?
>
> Current systems 10
>
>

That's fine, this is about sharing!
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
21-Feb-2022(#7)
Kommie wrote:
> Earlier this year I finished The Poppy War, earlier this week I finished House
> of Blades. Currently reading The Shadow of What Was Lost.
>
> If audiobooks also count, there's also Assassin's Apprentice, Red Rising,
> This is How You Lose the Time War, and Jade City.
>
> I have at least 1 system.

Not really my bag but no audiobook shaming here. Yet.
Miranda
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
21-Feb-2022(#8)
I generally read at least one book a week. I'm currently reading "Quicksilver" by Dean Koontz and "Into the Abyss: An Extraordinary True Story" by Carol Shaben.
Alaisiagae
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
21-Feb-2022(#9)
Currently re-reading "Uppity Women of Ancient Times" by Vicky Leon. I bought the other books in the series. Bite sized bios (1 or 2 pages max), I like the author's sense of humor. The book is not meant to be an exhaustive/serious work. I'm a sucker for the ancient world (Mediterranean region), but I'm glad I don't live in it.

Cevil
Gold Good Trader
21-Feb-2022(#10)
Good to see some fellow readers. I mostly read non-fiction, but I read all sorts of stuff. My strategy for buying books is going to thrift stores and just buying whatever they have. It forces me to choose from a limited selection which is more fun to me than just going to say Barnes and nobles, and saves me money.

I've read 4 books this year but the one I finished today was this. It cost me like, 50 cents at salvation army. It was alright.

image

benstylus
GameTZ Gold Subscriber GameTZ Full Moderator 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
21-Feb-2022(#11)
I'm currently reading Waverley by Sir Walter Scott on 100 Classic Book Collection (the UK release) for DS.

And the Book of Mormon on my phone and tablet.

nonamesleft
Double Gold Good Trader
21-Feb-2022(#12)
@Kommie

What's your opinion on This is How You Lose the Time War and Jade City?
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
22-Feb-2022(#13)
nonamesleft wrote:
> @Kommie
>
> What's your opinion on

This is How You Lose the Time War: did not like at all.

and

Jade City: Amazing
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 22-Feb-2022(#14)
nonamesleft wrote:
> Read a book for every system?
> * Quickly goes and reads a bunch of baby books*

image
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 22-Feb-2022(#15)
I'm thinking about implementing some convoluted rules to confuse all participants and force myself to concoct multiple paragraph clarifications. Also there's approximately 17 prizes to hand out, so I'll serve you all now and try to keep up moving forward. If I missed you, poke me

You earned this! Do not click the spoiler if you haven't read any books, I will know.

DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
22-Feb-2022(#16)
Miranda wrote:
> I generally read at least one book a week. I'm currently reading "Quicksilver" by
> Dean Koontz and "Into the Abyss: An Extraordinary True Story" by Carol Shaben.

God I haven't seen Koontz's name in ages, my parents and grandparents had tons of books by him
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
22-Feb-2022(#17)
I will fight to get every prize imaginable even if it's not even close.
Miranda
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
* 22-Feb-2022(#18)
DarkFact wrote:
> Miranda wrote:
>> I generally read at least one book a week. I'm currently reading "Quicksilver"
> by
>> Dean Koontz and "Into the Abyss: An Extraordinary True Story" by Carol Shaben.
>
> God I haven't seen Koontz's name in ages, my parents and grandparents had tons of
> books by him

He has fallen from view. He's still been putting out books though. His "Nameless" series is getting a movie. I really enjoyed the format and series. It's a collection of short stories surrounding the life of the protagonist.
Cevil
Gold Good Trader
22-Feb-2022(#19)
I've read 3 Dean Koontz books, The Hideaway, Watchers, and 77 shadow street. They were alright. I like a good thriller every now and then but it feels like they're all the same
razeak
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 9 Reviews
* 22-Feb-2022(#20)
Well damn....this is actually a good idea. This year I've only read 1 book.

Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Batallion 101 and the Final Solution

It's an absolutely horrifying account of how the Polish police rounded up and shot tens of thousands of Jews. Something like only 10 refused to participate. Its an open window into just how depraved human beings can be toward one another and how they are empowered to do such things.

1/32 lol
sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 22-Feb-2022(#21)
This is a great idea. I'm gonna say I have 8 consoles... though 1 is broken and another is technically the Switch Lite and we have a full sized Switch (and also the mini NES / SNES.)

I've got one book finished so far this year. A Discovery of Witches book 2: Shadow of Night. I'm in the middle of book 3 and I have another book I'm reading on Kindle but kind of lost interest in. I have about 20 on my "to-read" list!

So... 1/8

bogo
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
22-Feb-2022(#22)
well this could be interesting lol

I listen to Audible to and from work so i've got a handful already! So far this year I've finished:
-Age of War by Michael J Sullivan
-Age of Legend by Michael J Sullivan
-Age of Death by Michael J Sullivan
-Age of Empyre by Michael J Sullivan
-Leviathan Falls by James S.A.Corey
-Cowboy Bebop: A Syndicate Story: Red Planet Requiem by Sean Cummings

for those that are curious, the 'Age of' books are 6 books in a multi-series story by Sullivan (I believe there's 17 books so far). Also Leviathan falls is the 9th and final book in the Expanse series. I would highly recommend both, but it's definitely a huge time sink.

System wise, I would say 7 at the moment because I recently sold a few.
bogo
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
22-Feb-2022(#23)
Kommie wrote:
> Red Rising,

how did you like Red Rising? I read that and the first trilogy in general back in 2016 and I remember liking them a lot. I have books 4 and 5 as well, but I'm waiting for the 6th to come out before I read those.
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
22-Feb-2022(#24)
bogo wrote:
> Kommie wrote:
>> Red Rising,
>
> how did you like Red Rising? I read that and the first trilogy in general back in
> 2016 and I remember liking them a lot. I have books 4 and 5 as well, but I'm waiting
> for the 6th to come out before I read those.

I didn't think I would like it at first since it's advertised as YA and YA tends to be hokey romance, but it really isn't that at all. Apparently, the author had to market it as YA to get it published, but every book after it apparently isn't YA at all. Not that I really thought it was very YA, to begin with, with all the violence and death.
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
22-Feb-2022(#25)
Also, the OP can't count. Mine should be 6/1
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
22-Feb-2022(#26)
I demand my useless Badges! I will also demand new ones be made!
Cevil
Gold Good Trader
22-Feb-2022(#27)
@kommie kommie actually made me laugh, wow. *slow clap*
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
22-Feb-2022(#28)
Cevil wrote:
> @kommie kommie actually made me laugh, wow. *slow clap*

My entire existence was to make you laugh. Life is meaningless now. What will I do?
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 22-Feb-2022(#29)
bill wrote:
> Earlier this month, I finished Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino.
> I just finished A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs.
> Then started reading More Than Human by Theodore Sturgeon.
> Also, The Kindness Handbook by Sharon Salzberg.
> I'm also reading a book of short stories (The Night in Question by Tobias Wolff)
> in between novels.
>
> I have 5 systems. PS4 (99% of my gaming), Switch (1%), plus 3 unused systems in
> my closet: (PSP 1000, Nintendo DSi and a PS3). I should probably count 2 iPads since
> I play games on those most days. 7?

Aw, you shoulda left it alone, I was gonna give you the First award. Before I read it again and saw you read 4, not 5. It's already been demonstrated I need to learn how to read before hosting a reading thread
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
22-Feb-2022(#30)
Kommie wrote:
> Also, the OP can't count. Mine should be 6/1

crap
benstylus
GameTZ Gold Subscriber GameTZ Full Moderator 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
22-Feb-2022(#31)
Wait are we reading a number of books based on the video game systems we have or the reading devices themselves?

And do softcover, hardbound, and spiral bound count as separate systems?

DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
22-Feb-2022(#32)
Great questions, and I'll let you know as soon as I've made my multi paragraph ruling
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
22-Feb-2022(#33)
sinnie wrote:
> This is a great idea. I'm gonna say I have 8 consoles... though 1 is broken and another
> is technically the Switch Lite and we have a full sized Switch (and also the mini
> NES / SNES.)
>
> I've got one book finished so far this year. A Discovery of Witches book 2: Shadow
> of Night. I'm in the middle of book 3 and I have another book I'm reading on Kindle
> but kind of lost interest in. I have about 20 on my "to-read" list!
>
> So... 1/8
>
>

DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
23-Feb-2022(#34)
bogo wrote:
> well this could be interesting lol
>
> I listen to Audible to and from work so i've got a handful already! So far this year
> I've finished:
> -Age of War by Michael J Sullivan
> -Age of Legend by Michael J Sullivan
> -Age of Death by Michael J Sullivan
> -Age of Empyre by Michael J Sullivan
> -Leviathan Falls by James S.A.Corey
> -Cowboy Bebop: A Syndicate Story: Red Planet Requiem by Sean Cummings
>
> for those that are curious, the 'Age of' books are 6 books in a multi-series story
> by Sullivan (I believe there's 17 books so far). Also Leviathan falls is the 9th
> and final book in the Expanse series. I would highly recommend both, but it's definitely
> a huge time sink.
>
> System wise, I would say 7 at the moment because I recently sold a few.

It's not reserve list, but here.

DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
23-Feb-2022(#35)
bill wrote:
> Earlier this month, I finished Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino.
> I just finished A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs.
> Then started reading More Than Human by Theodore Sturgeon.
> Also, The Kindness Handbook by Sharon Salzberg.
> I'm also reading a book of short stories (The Night in Question by Tobias Wolff)
> in between novels.
>
> I have 5 systems. PS4 (99% of my gaming), Switch (1%), plus 3 unused systems in
> my closet: (PSP 1000, Nintendo DSi and a PS3). I should probably count 2 iPads since
> I play games on those most days. 7?

DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
23-Feb-2022(#36)
Razeak, I don't know what to give you, so I will give you nothing. There's a peace in that.
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
23-Feb-2022(#37)
Where's my useless badge?
Cevil
Gold Good Trader
23-Feb-2022(#38)
Great question kommie. I feel left out and demand my own personal badge. I also demand 1001 apologies.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
23-Feb-2022(#39)
I'll get right on that, but hrm, scratches beard, I don't recall promising any badges, puzzled look, oho?
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
23-Feb-2022(#40)
So? We need it. Chop chop
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
23-Feb-2022(#41)
Kommie wrote:
> So? We need it. Chop chop
>

Your badge is now displayed next to your name.
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
23-Feb-2022(#42)
Nice. It's invisible.
hobbes21
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
23-Feb-2022(#43)
I've read 6 books this year so far. Our first daughter was born in November so there has been a lot of downtime during the first few months. We are trying to limit screen exposure and obviously don't want anything loud while she is napping/sleeping so very conducive to reading. I took 6 weeks of parental leave that started on January 1st so I have been burning through books almost every week. I just got back to work so I expect this to slow down but I'm already way ahead of where I usually am for the year.

-The Creative Gene - Hideo Kojima - Was really disappointed in this. It was basically a list of books/movies/music he liked that he says influenced his work. Not really any reason for this to be assembled as it did little to delve in Kojima's life or anything about Metal Gear.
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams - My buddies favorite book. Been on my list for years. Glad I finally jumped into it. I can see why it has become a cult classic. I'll make my way through the rest of the series over the next few months.
-The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini - Brutal story set during civil war in Afghanistan when the Taliban took over. Reminded me of the film FLEE that came out this year that is nominated. Similar story that the author and filmmaker have gone through.
-The Phantom Tollbooth - Revisited so that I can discuss with my nephew. Such a fun romp and perfect for a kid.
-The Restaurant at the End of the Universe - Douglas Adams - Book 2 of Hitchhiker's. As to be expected more of the same wit. Not quite as strong the Book 1 but still some great scenes.
-A Very Punchable Face - Colin Jost - My wife is a big fan of SNL and Jost. It's a pretty enjoyable memoir with plenty of humor. Very easy to consume in small parts.

Currently reading Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco.

5 systems at home for me.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 23-Feb-2022(#44)
hobbes21 wrote:
> -The Creative Gene - Hideo Kojima - Was really disappointed in this. It was basically
> a list of books/movies/music he liked that he says influenced his work. Not really
> any reason for this to be assembled as it did little to delve in Kojima's life or
> anything about Metal Gear.

Ironically you could have looked through any of his games and deduced all of this yourself, especially when he lifted wholesale from his inspirations. I find it amusing there's actually a market for people who can't figure out where his supergenius comes from

bogo
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
24-Feb-2022(#45)
Question: if you're reading a collection of books/stories, does that count as one book once it's all done, or does it count as individual books? Curious because i'm reading this right now and i'm wondering if it counts as one or five
Cevil
Gold Good Trader
24-Feb-2022(#46)
I'm going to invoke the wrath of GTZ and probably start an endless debate by saying this, but audiobooks aren't reading. So you haven't actually *read* anything. But I already know how this is going to go so for collections I say each individual book counts. @bogo
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
24-Feb-2022(#47)
I like Audiobooks, but I get that. I prefer reading though, it takes less time to read. Audiobooks add a lot of hours vs reading it.
benstylus
GameTZ Gold Subscriber GameTZ Full Moderator 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
24-Feb-2022(#48)
Cevil wrote:
> I'm going to invoke the wrath of GTZ and probably start an endless debate by saying
> this, but audiobooks aren't reading. So you haven't actually *read* anything. But
> I already know how this is going to go so for collections I say each individual book
> counts. @bogo

It's already an endless debate

https://www.google.com/search?q=do+audiobooks+coun...

DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 24-Feb-2022(#49)
Cevil wrote:
> I'm going to invoke the wrath of GTZ and probably start an endless debate by saying
> this, but audiobooks aren't reading. So you haven't actually *read* anything. But
> I already know how this is going to go so for collections I say each individual book
> counts. @bogo

Luckily this is not a democracy, so Cevil's wrong twice here. One binding is one book, and audiobooks count. No endless debate needed!
Cevil
Gold Good Trader
24-Feb-2022(#50)
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
24-Feb-2022(#51)
Democracy is overrated, anyway.
benstylus
GameTZ Gold Subscriber GameTZ Full Moderator 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
24-Feb-2022(#52)
Kommie wrote:
> Democracy is overrated, anyway.

I know you have your shtick, but this is a particularly insensitive moment to be making this statement.



bogo
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
24-Feb-2022(#53)
Kommie wrote:
> I like Audiobooks, but I get that. I prefer reading though, it takes less time to
> read. Audiobooks add a lot of hours vs reading it.

i actually disagree here. personally, i'm not a fast reader. my mind wanders and i end up having to re-read some paragraphs/pages because i don't remember what i literally just read.

also, i listen to books at 1.7x speed. so that cuts off like 8+ hours from a 20 hour book. I almost exclusively read/listen while i'm driving since I don't have much time to read otherwise...so i would basically never read if i only had physical books
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
24-Feb-2022(#54)
bogo wrote:
> Kommie wrote:
>> I like Audiobooks, but I get that. I prefer reading though, it takes less time
> to
>> read. Audiobooks add a lot of hours vs reading it.
>
> i actually disagree here. personally, i'm not a fast reader. my mind wanders and
> i end up having to re-read some paragraphs/pages because i don't remember what i
> literally just read.
>
> also, i listen to books at 1.7x speed. so that cuts off like 8+ hours from a 20 hour
> book. I almost exclusively read/listen while i'm driving since I don't have much
> time to read otherwise...so i would basically never read if i only had physical books

I do 1.5x. It cuts time but reading is faster for me. My mind can wander a lot with audiobooks sometimes but it's usually books I'm not that into.
Miranda
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
* 24-Feb-2022(#55)
Quicksilver was good. Not a masterpiece, but I enjoyed it. Good for when you want an easy read and are not concerned with depth.

I'm almost done with Into the Abyss. Few more pages. I'm only finishing it because it's exceedingly rare that I don't finish a book that I start. A book has to be absolutely horrible for me not to finish it once I commit to reading it. This book is not at all the book that was promoted. I was expecting a riveting harrowing survival story. If that's what you want from a true story about a plane crash don't read this book. You won't get it.

Starting "30 Pieces of Silver" by Carolyn McCray
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
24-Feb-2022(#56)
I tried to read The Way of Kings, but holy crap it's 1,000 pages and all of them are 1,000+ pages.
nonamesleft
Double Gold Good Trader
24-Feb-2022(#57)
Kommie wrote:
> I tried to read The Way of Kings, but holy crap it's 1,000 pages and all of them
> are 1,000+ pages.
Audiobook? I did that for books 2 & 3. Enjoyed them.
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
24-Feb-2022(#58)
I'm not doing 32+ hour audiobooks. I stick to short stuff.
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13)
24-Feb-2022(#59)
This is an awesome topic! I'm trying to read 50 books this year (give or take a book a week). That was my one New Year's resolution and I'm already behind because I've spent much of my free time replaying the Dragon Age games (zero regrets!). Hopefully this helps keep me on track...

I'm usually a pretty even mix of fiction and non-fiction. It all depends on my mood, really. Here's what I've read so far:

1. "Domino: Strays" by Tristan Palmgren
2. "Rogue: Untouched" by Alisa Kwitney
3. "Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother's Will to Survive" by Stephanie Land
4. "Atomic Habits" by James Clear
5. "Promethea - Book 1" by Alan Moore and J.H. Wiliams III

"Domino: Strays" and "Rogue: Untouched" are part of the Marvel Heroines line of prose novels. Really enjoyed both books and I'm going to grab the third book in the line soon.

"Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother's Will to Survive" is the memoir that inspired the Netflix limited series "Maid". I don't watch much television, but that series got its hooks in me and it's one of the most powerful and emotionally draining shows I've watched in a very long time. I had to read the memoir that inspired it and I wasn't disappointed. It's pretty incredible!

"Atomic Habits" is an awesome read if you're looking to form good habits and break bad ones. It offers a really awesome framework and it has helped me more than any other "self-help" book has.

Lastly, "Promethea" is probably the best graphic novel I've read in the last 2-3 years. I don't think I've read anything by Alan Moore I didn't love. I can't wait to dive into Book 2.

I think I have 5 systems at the moment. Currently reading: "Call Me Athena: Girl from Detroit" by Colby Cedar Smith and "Open Me Carefully" by Emily Dickinson

Miranda
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
24-Feb-2022(#60)
I'm glad you created this thread. I've missed the other thread.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
24-Feb-2022(#61)
image

Snagged a fat stack on eBay when I saw a seller had most of what I was looking to pick up at some point down the line. Started Outlaw (because why not start part 1 of a three book cycle that I don't own book 2 or 3 of)
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
24-Feb-2022(#62)
Fudging nerd
Cevil
Gold Good Trader
24-Feb-2022(#63)
probably has black lotus too.
Roko
Gold Good Trader
* 26-Feb-2022(#64)
I have 8 or 9 consoles depending on if you count PC. Finished 4 books so far this year - Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski and then Drew Karypshyn's Darth Bane trilogy. Haven't read in a bit, but currently reading Crime & Punishment and A People's History of the United States.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
26-Feb-2022(#65)
I'm reading a book called Elden Ring right now, it's pretty good
Miranda
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
* 27-Feb-2022(#66)
Finished "30 Pieces of Silver" Loved it despite it's need for a competent editor and fact checker.

Received a manuscript yesterday. I have until Monday to finish it and report feedback to the market research firm. Not enjoying it.

Oh, I have 6 consoles and one handheld.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
27-Feb-2022(#67)
Alright, slow down there cowgirl, you already finished the challenge! I need to get back to Outlaw, I'm starting to feel like a slow reader. Cool that you got to give feedback on a WIP tho, presumably getting paid for your trouble
Miranda
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
27-Feb-2022(#68)
Lol I like the thread. I miss the old readers thread.

Yes, we get a $25 gift card.For expedited reads we get more. I'm getting more for this one.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
27-Feb-2022(#69)
Not the worst thing for reading! I'm not getting $25 gift cards for reading old MTG books
nonamesleft
Double Gold Good Trader
28-Feb-2022(#70)
Heavyd814life wrote:
> This is an awesome topic! I'm trying to read 50 books this year (give or take a book
> a week). That was my one New Year's resolution and I'm already behind because I've
> spent much of my free time replaying the Dragon Age games (zero regrets!). Hopefully
> this helps keep me on track...
>
> I'm usually a pretty even mix of fiction and non-fiction. It all depends on my mood,
> really. Here's what I've read so far:
>
> 1. "Domino: Strays" by Tristan Palmgren
> 2. "Rogue: Untouched" by Alisa Kwitney
> 3. "Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother's Will to Survive" by Stephanie Land
> 4. "Atomic Habits" by James Clear
> 5. "Promethea - Book 1" by Alan Moore and J.H. Wiliams III
>
> "Domino: Strays" and "Rogue: Untouched" are part of the Marvel Heroines line of prose
> novels. Really enjoyed both books and I'm going to grab the third book in the line
> soon.
>
> "Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother's Will to Survive" is the memoir that inspired
> the Netflix limited series "Maid". I don't watch much television, but that series
> got its hooks in me and it's one of the most powerful and emotionally draining shows
> I've watched in a very long time. I had to read the memoir that inspired it and I
> wasn't disappointed. It's pretty incredible!
>
> "Atomic Habits" is an awesome read if you're looking to form good habits and break
> bad ones. It offers a really awesome framework and it has helped me more than any
> other "self-help" book has.
>
> Lastly, "Promethea" is probably the best graphic novel I've read in the last 2-3
> years. I don't think I've read anything by Alan Moore I didn't love. I can't wait
> to dive into Book 2.
>
> I think I have 5 systems at the moment. Currently reading: "Call Me Athena: Girl
> from Detroit" by Colby Cedar Smith and "Open Me Carefully" by Emily Dickinson
>
>
50 books?! I think that's pretty impressive if you can do that. Do you read daily, or more like a weekend binge?
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13)
1-Mar-2022(#71)
nonamesleft wrote:
> 50 books?! I think that's pretty impressive if you can do that. Do you read daily,
> or more like a weekend binge?

A bit of both, really. I definitely read more over the weekend, but I've tried to make reading a part of my daily routine. So I read first thing in the morning and just before I go to bed.

nonamesleft
Double Gold Good Trader
1-Mar-2022(#72)
Heavyd814life wrote:
> nonamesleft wrote:
>> 50 books?! I think that's pretty impressive if you can do that. Do you read daily,
>> or more like a weekend binge?
>
> A bit of both, really. I definitely read more over the weekend, but I've tried to
> make reading a part of my daily routine. So I read first thing in the morning and
> just before I go to bed.
>
>
Reading first thing in the morning? Interesting. I didn't know that was a thing (not that there's any rules when it comes to reading). Do you find that it jump-starts your morning?
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13)
1-Mar-2022(#73)
nonamesleft wrote:
> Heavyd814life wrote:
>> nonamesleft wrote:
> |>> 50 books?! I think that's pretty impressive if you can do that. Do you read daily,
> |>> or more like a weekend binge?
>>
>> A bit of both, really. I definitely read more over the weekend, but I've tried
> to
>> make reading a part of my daily routine. So I read first thing in the morning
> and
>> just before I go to bed.
>>
>>
> Reading first thing in the morning? Interesting. I didn't know that was a thing (not
> that there's any rules when it comes to reading). Do you find that it jump-starts
> your morning?

Nah, I wouldn't say it jump-starts my mornings. I read when I wake up then I work out and it's the workout that jump-starts my day.

I used to reach for my phone first thing in the morning and be glued to it right before going to bed. That was my routine. So I just swapped in reading. Now I read a lot more without really having to squeeze it into my day.

Scott
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews
1-Mar-2022(#74)
I've only read one book so far this year. I read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to my kids. We're working our way through Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator now. On my own, I'm trying to finish up Ready Player Two. After that, I want to read Ask Iwata, Norm Macdonald's memoir, and Lord of the Rings.

I read a lot when I was a kid, but sometime around late middle school I stopped reading for fun, and only read what was required of me for school. Last year I tried to get back into reading, but it's been hard since I'm taking classes now on top of working, so there's so little time. The little free time I actually do have, I'd rather play a video game 99% of the time. My load will be a lot lighter this summer and fall though, so hopefully I can knock out some books then.
nonamesleft
Double Gold Good Trader
1-Mar-2022(#75)
Scott wrote:
> I've only read one book so far this year. I read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
> to my kids. We're working our way through Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator now.
The Roald Dahl version with the funky pictures? :D
Scott
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews
1-Mar-2022(#76)
@nonamesleft Yep!
Miranda
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
* 1-Mar-2022(#77)
Scott wrote:
> I've only read one book so far this year. I read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
> to my kids. We're working our way through Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator now.
|

I highly recommend "The Trumpet of the Swan" by E.B. White and "The Secret Garden" by Frances Hodgson Burnett. These are two timeless children's classics. They often get overlooked by the younger generations.
Scott
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews
1-Mar-2022(#78)
Miranda wrote:
> Scott wrote:
>> I've only read one book so far this year. I read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
>> to my kids. We're working our way through Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator
> now.
> |
>
> I highly recommend "The Trumpet of the Swan" by E.B. White and "The Secret Garden"
> by Frances Hodgson Burnett. These are two timeless children's classics they often
> get over looked by the younger generations.

Never heard of the first one, but I read The Secret Garden growing up and enjoyed it. I'll add it to the list!
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
1-Mar-2022(#79)
Anyone else use GoodReads to track books?
Miranda
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
1-Mar-2022(#80)
I used to. Didn't use it much. By then I was just adding books I want to a list on Amazon. Then I added them my Kindle, computer and cloud.

Topic   Can You Read a Book for Every System You Own in 2022?