General

Topic   Who cooks?

Jester695
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
28-Sep(#1)
I've worked in restaurants for 20 years, mostly front-of-house supervising/management in some form. Have usually contributed to the menus at some point (working on recipe ideas at home). Anyone make anything somewhat unique or memorable? (Or even have had something particularly awesome/original at a restaurant that I should try out?)
tonymack21
Dilly Dally Shilly Shally! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Has Written 3 Reviews
* 29-Sep(#2)
probably not something you'd eat at a restaurant, but my ex wife used to make this thing i still make.

1 can spam
1 can cream of mushroom soup
colby jack (or your preference) cheese, about a half pound, but your preference.

grate spam on grater, put in bowl with can of soup and cheese, also grated. stir well. but on whatever bread you want and put in oven, eat like open face sandwich. dont knock it, if f'n delish.


also we have a local place that does baked potatoes topped about 30 diff ways and they are all so good. brisket, chicken fried steak and gravy, grilled chicken and cheese with ranch dressing etc.

image
sig and avatar by NathanOfLight

GTZ online ID Database
Jester695
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#3)
Memories are always a part of good eats.
tonymack21
Dilly Dally Shilly Shally! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Has Written 3 Reviews
29-Sep(#4)
So true. I'd give anything for one more piece of my great grandmothers french toast.. or a plate of her cookies

image
sig and avatar by NathanOfLight

GTZ online ID Database
Jester695
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 29-Sep(#5)
I don't have that many family food-type memories........other than the turkey soup my mom used to make with the Thanksgiving bird carcass.


Went rustic tonight, spinach lasagna rolls with meat sauce.
lpeters82
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 29-Sep(#6)
We've by no means top chiefs, but we make a few things I really enjoy.

1) Croque-monsieur: So for those that don't know it's basically a French ham and cheese with a cheese sauce poured over it.

2) The other sandwich I really enjoy is a baked turkey and provolone with pesto. We add all that to a ciabatta roll then bake open face in the oven. Top it off with some fresh veggies and it's a pretty tasty lunch.

3) Another thing we've discovered is that the boxed frozen garlic and butter mussels from Aldies are pretty solid. We cook them in white wine, butter, garlic, and tomatoes and they are pretty damn good. Especially since then end up being around $1 per serving (maybe $2 with the stuff we add.

4) I have a friend that makes the best mashed potatoes. He mixes in a lot of cream cheese and they always turn out perfect.

5) We eat a lot of omelets. Not really a recipe, but if you want a filling meal for cheap you really can't do any better then eggs. We often make extra taco meet when making tacos and will use it later for taco omelets.

I'll add more as I think of things.
King_link
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
29-Sep(#7)
My wife makes some amazing pepperoni cheese rolls. She stuffs them with mozzarella and pepper jack cheese.
reneeatworld
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 20 Reviews
29-Sep(#8)
Jester695 wrote:
> I've worked in restaurants for 20 years, mostly front-of-house supervising/management
> in some form. Have usually contributed to the menus at some point (working on recipe
> ideas at home). Anyone make anything somewhat unique or memorable? (Or even have
> had something particularly awesome/original at a restaurant that I should try out?)

You gotta try the Mcrib from McDonald's. I don't care what people say the Mcrib is made out if, I like it.
citizen_zane
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#9)
I make Bierocks. They are pretty simple: beef, cabbage, onion, salt, and pepper. My mom always made them and now my daughter and I do about once a month.

image
image

citizen_zane
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#10)
I've been trying to avoid foods with added sugar. Well, absolutely none of the spaghetti sauces you find in the store are without sugar, so I found a sugar free recipe that is incredibly easy and I make it all the time.
1 12-oz. can of tomato paste
3 cups water (2 12-oz. can fulls)
2 tablespoons minced dried onion
1/2 teaspoon dehydrated garlic
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

I recently started adding mushrooms to it. I followed this Gordon Ramsey video and they came out great!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ87wJJrFlo


tonymack21
Dilly Dally Shilly Shally! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Has Written 3 Reviews
* 29-Sep(#11)
I also love the mcrib. No pickles and onions though. Don't need that distracting from the ribbyness.

@lpeters82 I gotta try that mashed potatoes thing omg

@citizen_zane that sauce looks right

image
sig and avatar by NathanOfLight

GTZ online ID Database
citizen_zane
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#12)
tonymack21 wrote:

> @citizen_zane that sauce looks right

It's pretty cheap and makes a ton of sauce. I just plop the paste in a pot, slowly mix in two cans of water, add the ingredients, bring it to a boil, and then lower the heat and let it simmer for fifteen minutes.
tonymack21
Dilly Dally Shilly Shally! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Has Written 3 Reviews
29-Sep(#13)
Dang I gotta try that I love Italian

image
sig and avatar by NathanOfLight

GTZ online ID Database
tonymack21
Dilly Dally Shilly Shally! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Has Written 3 Reviews
29-Sep(#14)
I make a Worcestershire chicken thing my kids love. It's just chicken breast Cooked then cut up bite size and finished in the skillet with the sauce. It Cooks into it a little and it's Soo good

image
sig and avatar by NathanOfLight

GTZ online ID Database
Jester695
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#15)
A coworker brought me some trout he just caught. I need to create something with that.
lpeters82
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#16)
Jester695 wrote:
> A coworker brought me some trout he just caught. I need to create something with
> that.

Actually as I was starting to think about this thread I didn't have a whole lot to add. A lot of the best foods are things where you really don't need to do a whole lot. You don't need a trout casserole. Cook it up with some butter, salt, and pepper...done. Feeling fancy, add lemon or garlic to taste.

Anyone want to share their top burgers? I really like a lot of different burgers, but my top two are Bacon & Blue Cheese and Fried Onion & Swiss Cheese. I really like to try other things, but I have a hard time passing on one of those. The key for me is to make sure they don't overcook the patty. I actually want a true medium; but I swear what some call a medium burger is well beyond well done.
Jester695
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#17)
lpeters82 wrote:
> Jester695 wrote:
>> A coworker brought me some trout he just caught. I need to create something with
>> that.
>
> Actually as I was starting to think about this thread I didn't have a whole lot to
> add. A lot of the best foods are things where you really don't need to do a whole
> lot. You don't need a trout casserole. Cook it up with some butter, salt, and pepper...done.
> Feeling fancy, add lemon or garlic to taste.
>

Yes, I would never make a casserole with good fish.
lpeters82
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#18)
Yeah, I was just more thinking that most of what we make is really simple.

Value Meal: In the Midwest we have a hardware store called Menards. They have a tiny food section and often will roll out a single chest freezer with some sale item. Often these are packs of ribs. IMHO they are really good. I have to a sauce with more zing, but the meet itself is solid. When they are on sale; often with an extra 11% rebate we stock up.
Jester695
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#19)
I rarely ever make things like casseroles that have processed ingredients in them. I never use "cream of" soups or boxed products. Want to control the ingredient quality and salt content myself. But I do like making big batches of hearty foods and filling my freezer with portions. I work in the evenings, so I want something easy (that I made myself) available to heat up when I get home late rather than unhealthy stuff I could pick up on the way home. Right now I have a bunch of things in there, all that I make myself: chili, several soups, coconut cauliflower curry, pulled pork with a Kansas City bbq sauce, lasagna, red beans and rice, etc......
tonymack21
Dilly Dally Shilly Shally! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Has Written 3 Reviews
29-Sep(#20)
For a burger it's hard for me to pass up a bacon and swiss or shrooms and swiss..


Oh!! Or throw a fried egg on top of that burger party.. it's good. I've heard it called different things.. usually a Portuguese burger.

image
sig and avatar by NathanOfLight

GTZ online ID Database
Jester695
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#21)
Gotta have egg and duck confit on my burger.
lpeters82
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#22)
I'm trying to get into runny eggs; but so far I've only been able to get to the point where I'll leave scrambled eggs slightly creamy. Basically, I pull them off the heat when they are partially done and just let them harden a bit more from the heat still in the pot.
darkslime
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
29-Sep(#23)
I was a cook at a dive bar for 2 years and at a pizza / sandwich place before that. But i pretty much just heat frozen vegan food now, don't have anyone to cook for
MikeyWhoa
Go Pack Go GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#24)
Just tried making beef wellington. Didn't turn out so great.

I have my own spaghetti sauce recipe. I'm also working on my own barbecue sauce recipe. Trying to find the balance, but it'll be similar to mix of Bullseye sauce and Famous Dave's Devil Spit.




Cheese
Jester695
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#25)
MikeyWhoa wrote:
> Just tried making beef wellington. Didn't turn out so great.
>
> I have my own spaghetti sauce recipe. I'm also working on my own barbecue sauce recipe.
> Trying to find the balance, but it'll be similar to mix of Bullseye sauce and Famous
> Dave's Devil Spit.
>
>

Haven't tried Wellington yet. I'm not much of a ketchup fan, so my BBQ has always been mustard based.
tonymack21
Dilly Dally Shilly Shally! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Has Written 3 Reviews
29-Sep(#26)
beef wellington sounds like something id like to try and make, maybe i will soon

image
sig and avatar by NathanOfLight

GTZ online ID Database
MikeyWhoa
Go Pack Go GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#27)
Jester695 wrote:
> MikeyWhoa wrote:
>> Just tried making beef wellington. Didn't turn out so great.
>>
>> I have my own spaghetti sauce recipe. I'm also working on my own barbecue sauce
> recipe.
>> Trying to find the balance, but it'll be similar to mix of Bullseye sauce and
> Famous
>> Dave's Devil Spit.
>>
>>
>
> Haven't tried Wellington yet. I'm not much of a ketchup fan, so my BBQ has always
> been mustard based.


I loathe mustard. It's all about brown sugar/molasses and a strong peppery kick with as little mustard as possible for us here.





Cheese
Bishop
Triple Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#28)
lpeters82 wrote:
> Jester695 wrote:
>> A coworker brought me some trout he just caught. I need to create something with
>> that.
>
> Actually as I was starting to think about this thread I didn't have a whole lot to
> add. A lot of the best foods are things where you really don't need to do a whole
> lot. You don't need a trout casserole. Cook it up with some butter, salt, and pepper...done.
> Feeling fancy, add lemon or garlic to taste.
>
> Anyone want to share their top burgers? I really like a lot of different burgers,
> but my top two are Bacon & Blue Cheese and Fried Onion & Swiss Cheese. I really
> like to try other things, but I have a hard time passing on one of those. The key
> for me is to make sure they don't overcook the patty. I actually want a true medium;
> but I swear what some call a medium burger is well beyond well done.
>

Jalapeno and Feta cheese mixed into the patty. Add a little bit of worcestershire sauce and season with some salt and pepper. Can add some sharp cheddar on top, some bacon and fried onion too.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
29-Sep(#29)
My Mom taught me how to cook when I was really young. I've never worked at a restaurant or anything like that (I don't consider the pizza place I worked at in high school a restaurant) but I still know my way around a kitchen and enjoy cooking. My wife and I avoid added sugar, grains, and processed foods so I end up cooking everything we eat from scratch. One of my favorite things I make every Saturday is a 1/2lb hamburger patty with just salt and pepper and sweet potato fries (I hand cut them, throw them in a 1gal zip lock bag with avocado oil, shake them around until they're evenly coated, put a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, grind some pink Himalayan sea salt onto them and cook in a 400 degree oven until they're done). We buy 1/2 a cow from a local farmer every year and the beef is 100% grass fed, no anti-biotic, no hormones, etc....and its almost a completely different product than you guy in the store, it tastes so good. I

also make BBQ chicken pizza every once in a while too which is awesome. The crust is really easy to make, it consists of only almond flour, arrow root starch, salt, baking soda, eggs, and apple cider vinegar.
MikeyWhoa
Go Pack Go GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#30)
Bishop wrote:
> lpeters82 wrote:
>> Jester695 wrote:
> |>> A coworker brought me some trout he just caught. I need to create something with
> |>> that.
>>
>> Actually as I was starting to think about this thread I didn't have a whole lot
> to
>> add. A lot of the best foods are things where you really don't need to do a whole
>> lot. You don't need a trout casserole. Cook it up with some butter, salt, and
> pepper...done.
>> Feeling fancy, add lemon or garlic to taste.
>>
>> Anyone want to share their top burgers? I really like a lot of different
> burgers,
>> but my top two are Bacon & Blue Cheese and Fried Onion & Swiss Cheese. I really
>> like to try other things, but I have a hard time passing on one of those. The
> key
>> for me is to make sure they don't overcook the patty. I actually want a true
> medium;
>> but I swear what some call a medium burger is well beyond well done.
>>
>
> Jalapeno and Feta cheese mixed into the patty. Add a little bit of worcestershire
> sauce and season with some salt and pepper. Can add some sharp cheddar on top, some
> bacon and fried onion too.

Either crispy fried, or caramelized(sp?) onions are a must on a burger. Try them "Juicy Lucy" style with some cheese (Pepperjack or cheddar) as well.





Cheese
Jester695
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#31)
dustin11 wrote:
> My Mom taught me how to cook when I was really young. I've never worked at a restaurant
> or anything like that (I don't consider the pizza place I worked at in high school
> a restaurant) but I still know my way around a kitchen and enjoy cooking. My wife
> and I avoid added sugar, grains, and processed foods so I end up cooking everything
> we eat from scratch. One of my favorite things I make every Saturday is a 1/2lb hamburger
> patty with just salt and pepper and sweet potato fries (I hand cut them, throw them
> in a 1gal zip lock bag with avocado oil, shake them around until they're evenly coated,
> put a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, grind some pink Himalayan sea salt
> onto them and cook in a 400 degree oven until they're done). We buy 1/2 a cow from
> a local farmer every year and the beef is 100% grass fed, no anti-biotic, no hormones,
> etc....and its almost a completely different product than you guy in the store, it
> tastes so good. I
>
> also make BBQ chicken pizza every once in a while too which is awesome. The crust
> is really easy to make, it consists of only almond flour, arrow root starch, salt,
> baking soda, eggs, and apple cider vinegar.

Nice. I wish I had the freezer space to buy that much meat at once.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 29-Sep(#32)
We have a dedicated freezer specifically for it and when we pick up an order it completely fills it up. I think last time it ended up being around 400lbs of meat. I'll say this though, you haven't lived until your had a tenderloin from a grass fed cow.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 29-Sep(#33)
Oh yeah, I don't use cheese much in what I cook, but every once in a while when I want to put it on my BBQ pizza or burgers I'll make some mozzarella. Its pretty easy to make, you just need milk, non chlorinated water, rennet, and citric acid and it only takes around an hour to make a nice sized cheese ball. Damn good stuff too, much better than store bought.
Jester695
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#34)
Grass-fed t'loin is pretty spectacular. And I've made mozz in my work kitchen before. Definitely worth it. Paired with some heirloom tomato, good EVOO, fresh basil and a little black lava salt.......
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 29-Sep(#35)
I grow heirloom tomatoes in my garden ever summer, they're amazing and much more flavorful than a roma or the traditional vine ripe variety. Basil and tomato is a great combo. Add a few walnuts and some garlic to the combo and you could put a bit of pesto onto a nice piece of an heirloom and mozzarella. Great little appetizer.
MikeyWhoa
Go Pack Go GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
29-Sep(#36)
dustin11 wrote:
> Oh yeah, I don't use cheese much in what I cook, but every once in a while when I
> want to put it on my BBQ pizza or burgers I'll make some mozzarella. Its pretty easy
> to make, you just need milk, non chlorinated water, rennet, and citric acid and it
> only takes around an hour to make a nice sized cheese ball. Damn good stuff too,
> much better than store bought.


I've heard homemade doesn't melt quite as well for pizzas and such as compared to store bought. Any experience there?





Cheese
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
29-Sep(#37)
MikeyWhoa wrote:
> dustin11 wrote:
>> Oh yeah, I don't use cheese much in what I cook, but every once in a while when
> I
>> want to put it on my BBQ pizza or burgers I'll make some mozzarella. Its pretty
> easy
>> to make, you just need milk, non chlorinated water, rennet, and citric acid and
> it
>> only takes around an hour to make a nice sized cheese ball. Damn good stuff too,
>> much better than store bought.
>
>
> I've heard homemade doesn't melt quite as well for pizzas and such as compared to
> store bought. Any experience there?
>
>
>

The last step in making it typically requires you to microwave it for a few seconds, kneed the cheese, repeat a couple of times. If you heat it up too much during this process then it won't melt properly because too much of the fat was lost and what you're left with is more of a rubber consistency.
darkslime
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
30-Sep(#38)
Someone was giving away almost a whole elk on craigslist and I almost got it but decided it's probably a bad idea to get free craigslist meats
Jester695
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
30-Sep(#39)
Brisket on sale for $3/pound nearby. Think it's time to make my own corned beef.
Gomez
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 30-Sep(#40)
I make a few things pretty solid but with my schedule the last year I've cooked much less then in the past.

Sunday Gravy
French Toast
Pasta in a creamy meat sauce (essentially Sunday gravy with a splash of heavy cream and sooonfull of brown sugar)
Shrimp orgeonata
String Beans.


I steam my string beans with some salt pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Then I coat a baking sheet with a thin coating of olive oil and cover the pan in chopped garlic. Lay the string beans over the garlic and bake on 350 for about 20 mins. The garlic carmalizes and that flavor melds into the string beans. Fantastic.

French toast I came across by accident. One day I just tossed my brown sugar, cinnamon, and maple syrup into my eggs and made this mixture. Dip the bread, little butter on a non stick and cook on low to medium heat about 60-90 seconds on each side. Come out so good all they need is a dusting of powdered sugar. You can add syrup, honey or whatever but they come out pretty much perfect and in need of nothing this way.

Sunday gravy sounds hard but it's not. You start with a litte oil in the pan and add in your sweet pork neck bones. Brown them and take them out. Toss in your chopped garlic and onions and let them reduce in the pork fat. It works best with fresh garden tomatoes but 1 can of crushed tomatoes and 1 can of whole plum tomatoes will do just fine. Add in your tomato base once you're veggies are translucent, add in a half cup of red wine (go get a real bottle that generic red cooking wine will ruin the sauce) add in salt, pepper, a little sugar and some basil. Toss your cooked neck bones and whatever other meat you want to include like sausage or meatballs and reduce to low heat for 4 hours.

I know some of you guys are gonna be like "pork neck bones???" And the answer is yes! It's the only way to recreate that authentic Italian grandma flavor.

Me and my girl got a cast iron skillet a few months ago and it's glorious. Everyone should have one in their house. The steaks you can make at home go from being serviceable to succulent like you wouldn't believe. It takes some maintenance but it's well worth it.

I can make a good bit of other dishes but these I'll never be rusty on.
Jester695
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
30-Sep(#41)
Gomez wrote:
>
> Me and my girl got a cast iron skillet a few months ago and it's glorious. Everyone
> should have one in their house. The steaks you can make at home go from being serviceable
> to succulent like you wouldn't believe. It takes some maintenance but it's well worth
> it.
>

Absolutely. I have three. Use them constantly.
six
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
30-Sep(#42)
I do most the cooking in my house but nothing too advance. I make stuff like tacos, pot roast any otter combinations I can make with chicken.
darkslime
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
30-Sep(#43)
Fudge I am hungry right now
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
30-Sep(#44)
I love cast iron skillets but they can be really finicky with the seasoning and they can take a while to become universally usable. I cook myself 6 fried eggs in my cast iron skillet every morning and its a million times better than cooking them on a non-stick Teflon. Took about 6 months for eggs to work well in it though.
KCPenguins
Gold Good Trader
1-Oct(#45)
MikeyWhoa wrote:
> Jester695 wrote:
>> MikeyWhoa wrote:
> |>> Just tried making beef wellington. Didn't turn out so great.
> |>>
> |>> I have my own spaghetti sauce recipe. I'm also working on my own barbecue sauce
>> recipe.
> |>> Trying to find the balance, but it'll be similar to mix of Bullseye sauce and
>> Famous
> |>> Dave's Devil Spit.
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> Haven't tried Wellington yet. I'm not much of a ketchup fan, so my BBQ has always
>> been mustard based.
>
>
> I loathe mustard. It's all about brown sugar/molasses and a strong peppery kick with
> as little mustard as possible for us here.
>
>
>


What do you think of Famous Dave's Texas Pit? I love black pepper more than anyone I know, and the first time I tried it it was like mana from heaven. A tad too sweet, but man does it have good pepper flavor.
razeak
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 9 Reviews
1-Oct(#46)
I used to be a cook for a convenience store that made real food. I had to get up at 2 am to be there on time. I did that for about 18 months and I made some banging homemade biscuits.

Anyways I make some pretty excellent homemade pizza sauce and crust. I usually end up cooking for our family events and my friends say only my buddies Filipino wife is better than me.

The trick is just paying attention. For simple recipes I like to use allrecipes and I just sort by highest rated and then make sure its an average based on numerous reviews rather than just a few.
Tad
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
1-Oct(#47)
My friend and I created Nacho Tater Tot Casseroule. It's awesome.

--
Tad Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/ronfarvay/videos
Sincerely, The Champ That Runs The Cramps
Tad: God's Perfect Idiot
MikeyWhoa
Go Pack Go GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
1-Oct(#48)
KCPenguins wrote:
> MikeyWhoa wrote:
>> Jester695 wrote:
> |>> MikeyWhoa wrote:
>> |>> Just tried making beef wellington. Didn't turn out so great.
>> |>>
>> |>> I have my own spaghetti sauce recipe. I'm also working on my own barbecue
> sauce
> |>> recipe.
>> |>> Trying to find the balance, but it'll be similar to mix of Bullseye sauce
> and
> |>> Famous
>> |>> Dave's Devil Spit.
>> |>>
>> |>>
> |>>
> |>> Haven't tried Wellington yet. I'm not much of a ketchup fan, so my BBQ has always
> |>> been mustard based.
>>
>>
>> I loathe mustard. It's all about brown sugar/molasses and a strong peppery kick
> with
>> as little mustard as possible for us here.
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> What do you think of Famous Dave's Texas Pit? I love black pepper more than anyone
> I know, and the first time I tried it it was like mana from heaven. A tad too sweet,
> but man does it have good pepper flavor.


I've never had it. Locally all I can ever find is the Rich & Sassy, Sweet & Zesty, and Devils Spit. And that's when they're not sold out altogether. I'll try to get some online. I'm definitely interested. Sounds right up my alley.





Cheese
Jester695
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
2-Oct(#49)
Damn. Gotta go out and find Prague Powder for my brisket........
tonymack21
Dilly Dally Shilly Shally! GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Has Written 3 Reviews
2-Oct(#50)
@tad we love TT casserole.


I need to get with some friends of mine and get the recipe for this chicken thing she used to make, it was chicken in some kind of white sauce with a crumb topping but it wasn't alfredo.

image
sig and avatar by NathanOfLight

GTZ online ID Database
Felty
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
Has Written 6 Reviews
2-Oct(#51)
I cook all the time now. But I follow recipes, I don't try to alter them.
KCPenguins
Gold Good Trader
* 2-Oct(#52)
MikeyWhoa wrote:
> KCPenguins wrote:
>> MikeyWhoa wrote:
> |>> Jester695 wrote:
>> |>> MikeyWhoa wrote:
> |>> |>> Just tried making beef wellington. Didn't turn out so great.
> |>> |>>
> |>> |>> I have my own spaghetti sauce recipe. I'm also working on my own barbecue
>> sauce
>> |>> recipe.
> |>> |>> Trying to find the balance, but it'll be similar to mix of Bullseye sauce
>> and
>> |>> Famous
> |>> |>> Dave's Devil Spit.
> |>> |>>
> |>> |>>
>> |>>
>> |>> Haven't tried Wellington yet. I'm not much of a ketchup fan, so my BBQ has
> always
>> |>> been mustard based.
> |>>
> |>>
> |>> I loathe mustard. It's all about brown sugar/molasses and a strong peppery kick
>> with
> |>> as little mustard as possible for us here.
> |>>
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>>
>> What do you think of Famous Dave's Texas Pit? I love black pepper more than anyone
>> I know, and the first time I tried it it was like mana from heaven. A tad too
> sweet,
>> but man does it have good pepper flavor.
>
>
> I've never had it. Locally all I can ever find is the Rich & Sassy, Sweet & Zesty,
> and Devils Spit. And that's when they're not sold out altogether. I'll try to get
> some online. I'm definitely interested. Sounds right up my alley.
>
>
>


No Famous Dave's restaurants nearby? I find FD's to be pretty average BBQ (a lot of times a miss), but I do love that sauce. I dipped everything in it the first time I had it, including my finger. lol
MikeyWhoa
Go Pack Go GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
2-Oct(#53)
KCPenguins wrote:
> MikeyWhoa wrote:
>> KCPenguins wrote:
> |>> MikeyWhoa wrote:
>> |>> Jester695 wrote:
> |>> |>> MikeyWhoa wrote:
>> |>> |>> Just tried making beef wellington. Didn't turn out so great.
>> |>> |>>
>> |>> |>> I have my own spaghetti sauce recipe. I'm also working on my own barbecue
> |>> sauce
> |>> |>> recipe.
>> |>> |>> Trying to find the balance, but it'll be similar to mix of Bullseye sauce
> |>> and
> |>> |>> Famous
>> |>> |>> Dave's Devil Spit.
>> |>> |>>
>> |>> |>>
> |>> |>>
> |>> |>> Haven't tried Wellington yet. I'm not much of a ketchup fan, so my BBQ has
>> always
> |>> |>> been mustard based.
>> |>>
>> |>>
>> |>> I loathe mustard. It's all about brown sugar/molasses and a strong peppery
> kick
> |>> with
>> |>> as little mustard as possible for us here.
>> |>>
>> |>>
>> |>>
> |>>
> |>>
> |>> What do you think of Famous Dave's Texas Pit? I love black pepper more than
> anyone
> |>> I know, and the first time I tried it it was like mana from heaven. A tad too
>> sweet,
> |>> but man does it have good pepper flavor.
>>
>>
>> I've never had it. Locally all I can ever find is the Rich & Sassy, Sweet & Zesty,
>> and Devils Spit. And that's when they're not sold out altogether. I'll try to
> get
>> some online. I'm definitely interested. Sounds right up my alley.
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> No Famous Dave's restaurants nearby? I find FD's to be pretty average BBQ (a lot
> of times a miss), but I do love that sauce. I dipped everything in it the first
> time I had it, including my finger. lol


There's one about a half an hour away from me. I just have a local gig I go to for primo BBQ. Just a local truck called Marilyn's. She's only out for the summer, but I get a little VIP treatment if the order is big enough for the rest of the year. Well worth it. She's my girl.

True story. During a quickie with my wife once, I butt-dialed Marilyn. That was a funny message, and talk later.





Cheese

Topic   Who cooks?