General_Marketplace

Topic   Offering Free Mcboot services (for PS2)

harper
Triple Gold Good Trader
* 23-Sep(#1)
It has come to my realization that it can be a bit of a pain to install free Mcboot when you don't have the proper resources. But I have a card with free Mcboot and therefore can easily install it onto another card. So I figured I would throw it out there if anybody needs it done I'd be willing to do it for free.

Just send me your card and return shipping OR (while supplies last) you can buy a memory card with free mcboot preloaded for just $5 shipped. The $5 is only to cover the cost of the card and shipping. I am NOT charging for free mcboot itself or any other service.

You can also order these off of eBay but I'm offering this for anyone who may not want to take that route for whatever reason.

Hit me up if you're interested.
Mikespit1
Gold Good Trader
23-Sep(#2)
Remind me what Free McBoot can do? Does it allow you to play PS1/PS2 imports and burns?
harper
Triple Gold Good Trader
23-Sep(#3)
Yeah, basically. You can also use it to launch emulators and other homebrew apps if you like that kind of thing. It's pretty extensive and requires a little bit of research to figure out how to get it to work best for you. For example, I know you can't use psx launcher (which is the app that lets you play burned ps1 games) on the old fat model PS2. And you have to patch your burned PS2 games (if they're DVD based). But if you have a fat PS2 you can opt for loading games from an HDD, and then there are ways to run PS1 games using and emulator via USB. It sounds complicated and somewhat is but it's nifty and not that bad once you get the hang of how it all works.
TheNewKnightmare
GameTZ Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 24-Sep(#4)
I would be interested. Want to play PS2 imports on my phat console.
PlayYing
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
24-Sep(#5)
Interested as well, if I were to buy a PS2 for this what model would I buy to have the best compatiblity?
bluemetal04
GameTZ Subscriber Silver Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is in chat NOW Secret Santa
24-Sep(#6)
What I been wanting to do on my fat ps2 is to rip my ps2 games onto a hard drive and play it that way, but never had the stuff to do it.
harper
Triple Gold Good Trader
24-Sep(#7)
PlayYing wrote:
> Interested as well, if I were to buy a PS2 for this what model would I buy to have
> the best compatiblity?
Possibly one of the old fat models. Only because of hd loading. Psx launcher isn't compatible but it's more convenient/less work on your laser to skip burning ps1 games and use the pops ps1 emulator which has very high compatibility (unfortunately no light gun support). But otherwise, if you just want to keep it simple and go with playing burns/imports, a slim will get the job done. The only version that is not compatible at all is the latest scph-9xxxx models.

bluemetal04 wrote:
> What I been wanting to do on my fat ps2 is to rip my ps2 games onto a hard drive
> and play it that way, but never had the stuff to do it.
If you have a fat ps2 and HDD/network adapter apparently all you have to do is use hdloader to rip the games to your HDD. I have a slim so I haven't tried it. But it sounds nice. Haha
Frank
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (12) Has Written 18 Reviews Secret Santa
25-Sep(#8)
I'll have to check to see if my memory card still has it. If not would I just send you my card and return shipping?

DemonicTrader
Triple Gold Good Trader
* 25-Sep(#9)
I've done free mcboot for a slim. Nice way to backup games since I'm paranoid that laser ribbon will scratch up another of my disc.

As for HDLoader, I'm currently using a fat ps2. You'll definitely need a network adapter.
Also the basic hard drive for a fat is IDE 3.5 drives so watch out for that. SATA drives will need an adapter and drive compatibility is even more iffy. If you do use an IDE it's recommended to get a IDE to USB adapter for formatting the drive as modern computers don't normally have slots for them. It also makes accessing it easier.

I will still recommend having a memory card with free mcboot even for a fat console. It makes loading HD Loader easier and frees up the cd/DVD drive. Also the installation overall is better with free mcboot.
harper
Triple Gold Good Trader
4-Oct(#10)
DemonicTrader wrote:
> I've done free mcboot for a slim. Nice way to backup games since I'm paranoid that
> laser ribbon will scratch up another of my disc.
>
> As for HDLoader, I'm currently using a fat ps2. You'll definitely need a network
> adapter.
> Also the basic hard drive for a fat is IDE 3.5 drives so watch out for that. SATA
> drives will need an adapter and drive compatibility is even more iffy. If you do
> use an IDE it's recommended to get a IDE to USB adapter for formatting the drive
> as modern computers don't normally have slots for them. It also makes accessing it
> easier.
>
> I will still recommend having a memory card with free mcboot even for a fat console.
> It makes loading HD Loader easier and frees up the cd/DVD drive. Also the installation
> overall is better with free mcboot.

Bumping this up. Thanks for the added info @DemonicTrader. Have you tried the pops emulator for ps1 games? It's another great way to preserve your ps2's laser. Every game I've tried (that is compatible) plays perfectly fine via flash drive. I believe there's also a way to load PS1 games from the HDD. But since I only have a slim, I haven't been able to try any HD loading.

Topic   Offering Free Mcboot services (for PS2)