Hot_Deals

Topic   BestBuy put a few Switch games on sale

FrictionPin
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Gold Good Trader
22-Oct(#1)
BestBuy online just put some Switch games on sale, prices with GCU...

RBI Baseball $16
Lego Worlds $24
Lego City Undercover $24
Rayman Legends $24
Lego Ninjago Movie $32
Bomberman $32
Cars 3 $32
Dashey
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review Secret Santa
22-Oct(#2)
Tempted to get Rayman at that price.

NatGasHole
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
23-Oct(#3)
They need to quit making RBI Baseball or just completely redo it. Awful game.

Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
23-Oct(#4)
Dashey wrote:
> Tempted to get Rayman at that price.
>
>

Rayman on the Switch is a crippled version, from what I am hearing...

Still good - but not as good as any other version.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
23-Oct(#5)
dang, just paid more than that for lego city :/
may grab a second though so the kids can do MP.

WithinTemptation
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
23-Oct(#6)
tonymack21 wrote:
> dang, just paid more than that for lego city :/
> may grab a second though so the kids can do MP.
>
>

Played co-op on PS4 and it was pretty fun. Was split screen, I can see having my own screen making this so much better. Definitely a great game that needs some DLC. As good as it it, by the time I got 100% I was pretty bored of it. I think I had like 85 hours into it, so plenty of content. I like it so much I'm trying real hard to to buy it again at this price.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
* 23-Oct(#7)
ya it looks fun, i got the kids the switch version and they played quite a bit this weekend, i was going to get the ps4 or x1 version but the kids can take this with them to their mom's/grandparents so went with that one for this, still will go ps4 or x for most multiplats though. none of us like the controller layout on N stuff, the confirm button being where circle or B would be is mega confusing, not to mention X being where triangle or y would be on the others, so for the on screen prompts we are always pressing the wrong stuff lol. will take some getting used too. i wish they would come up with a way for them to play handheld mode coop with only one copy of the game, but that would probably take a lot of processing power as one system would have to "beam" it to the other in real time, and i guess that would cost them too many sales. having to buy multiple copies of games is gonna get old though. will have to do that for only the ones they want the most probably

WithinTemptation
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
23-Oct(#8)
tonymack21 wrote:
> ya it looks fun, i got the kids the switch version and they played quite a bit this
> weekend, i was going to get the ps4 or x1 version but the kids can take this with
> them to their mom's/grandparents so went with that one for this, still will go ps4
> or x for most multiplats though. none of us like the controller layout on N stuff,
> the confirm button being where circle or B would be is mega confusing, not to mention
> X being where triangle or y would be on the others, so for the on screen prompts
> we are always pressing the wrong stuff lol. will take some getting used too.
> i wish they would come up with a way for them to play handheld mode coop with only
> one copy of the game, but that would probably take a lot of processing power as one
> system would have to "beam" it to the other in real time, and i guess that would
> cost them too many sales. having to buy multiple copies of games is gonna get old
> though. will have to do that for only the ones they want the most probably
>
>

I would be worth it to have your own screen for this game. I found myself getting a headache playing it in split screen.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
23-Oct(#9)
ya def. for certain games will be worth it

Groo
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
28-Oct(#10)
Admiral wrote:
> Dashey wrote:
>> Tempted to get Rayman at that price.
>>
>>
>
> Rayman on the Switch is a crippled version, from what I am hearing...
>
> Still good - but not as good as any other version.

Is that what the issue is? I LOVE this game, had it on WiiU (better two player) and PS4 both excellent but kept and played the heck out of the PS4 version (easier single player)

Anyway I tried the demo on switch and was like meh....
Groo
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
28-Oct(#11)
Lego City Undercover, is the WiiU version still the best? I finally got the WiiU version again but this price makes me want it on switch instead but I dont see how it can be as good, without the second screen.
FrictionPin
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Gold Good Trader
* 28-Oct(#12)
@Groo Loading times are the biggest issue on WiiU for sure. It still takes a while even on the cart for Switch but they are much easier to digest. Each time you enter or leave a building it loads, cut scenes are the worst, especially the opening scene which is very long and takes forever to load. Both are great versions, I'd simply choose Switch for the load times and portability. I have both versions as well.
Groo
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
28-Oct(#13)
FrictionPin wrote:
> @Groo Loading times are the biggest issue on WiiU for sure. It still takes a while
> even on the cart for Switch but they are much easier to digest. Each time you enter
> or leave a building it loads, cut scenes are the worst, especially the opening scene
> which is very long and takes forever to load. Both are great versions, I'd simply
> choose Switch for the load times and portability. I have both versions as well.

10/4 I never played it on any other system so I didnt notice the load times, good to know. What about the humor (nintendo) etc or did I read wrong and that never changed. (Xbox/PS4) Guess switch version will need to be added to my wanted list.
WithinTemptation
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
28-Oct(#14)
FrictionPin wrote:
> @Groo Loading times are the biggest issue on WiiU for sure. It still takes a while
> even on the cart for Switch but they are much easier to digest. Each time you enter
> or leave a building it loads, cut scenes are the worst, especially the opening scene
> which is very long and takes forever to load. Both are great versions, I'd simply
> choose Switch for the load times and portability. I have both versions as well.

I played it on the PS4 and it was great. No second screen so I don't know what I'm missing smiley:::smile I felt like everything I needed to see was displayed on screen.
FrictionPin
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Gold Good Trader
* 28-Oct(#15)
Groo wrote:
> FrictionPin wrote:
>> @Groo Loading times are the biggest issue on WiiU for sure. It still takes a
> while
>> even on the cart for Switch but they are much easier to digest. Each time you
> enter
>> or leave a building it loads, cut scenes are the worst, especially the opening
> scene
>> which is very long and takes forever to load. Both are great versions, I'd simply
>> choose Switch for the load times and portability. I have both versions as well.
>
> 10/4 I never played it on any other system so I didnt notice the load times, good
> to know. What about the humor (nintendo) etc or did I read wrong and that never changed.
> (Xbox/PS4) Guess switch version will need to be added to my wanted list.

I didn't notice anything out of hte ordinary so far. We're about half way through it on Switch, I haven't noticed anything missing story wise. Graphics are improved over WiiU version and load times as well but I don't believe there was any significant changes to the story itself, at least nothing that have been noticed yet. Load times are a little longer in hand held mode as well as blurred/scaled graphics a bit but those are things I'd expect and don't bother me personally. They aren't major differences and are fine trade-offs for getting to play on the go.

I've never played the other console versions either, not sure how it compares to those.

And how could I forget the best part...2 player co-op!
BloodPuppetX
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
28-Oct(#16)
I still haven't played LC Undercover, despite owning it on Wii U previously and now Switch. Maybe after I finish Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in December, I'll have an opportunity to play it. Have a few other games to play first, lol.

Groo
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
29-Oct(#17)
2 Player Co-Op why didnt you say tha right off da bat smiley:::smile kinda a must buy. My Nephew loves Lego Games. I got him the WiiU version ans he beat it but I bet he will help me out to beat the game again Co-Op
kaztrator
Silver Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
29-Oct(#18)
Is the Lego/25 deal over? Just checked online and it says $30.
Groo
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 29-Oct(#19)
kaztrator wrote:
> Is the Lego/25 deal over? Just checked online and it says $30.

the above price is with gcu discount

This topic was started last Week, so it is back at it's regular price $39.99 today

Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
29-Oct(#20)
Groo wrote:
> Admiral wrote:
>> Dashey wrote:
> |>> Tempted to get Rayman at that price.
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> Rayman on the Switch is a crippled version, from what I am hearing...
>>
>> Still good - but not as good as any other version.
>
> Is that what the issue is? I LOVE this game, had it on WiiU (better two player) and
> PS4 both excellent but kept and played the heck out of the PS4 version (easier single
> player)
>
> Anyway I tried the demo on switch and was like meh....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BENbHo5cvck

Topic   BestBuy put a few Switch games on sale