Hot_Deals

Topic   Gamestop offering 6 month unlimited game rental for $60(Plus keep 1 game at end)

brian9824
400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
31-Oct(#1)
https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/30/16570538/report...

http://mashable.com/2017/10/29/gamestop-powerpass-...

$60 for 6 months of game rentals from any of their used games. At the end you can keep ANY game you rented from them. I know what i'm getting when it goes live.

Sign up's are Nov 19th
Helghast
Triple Gold Good Trader
31-Oct(#2)
Seems like a decent deal.
cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
31-Oct(#3)
Smart of them to get you to pay $60 for a used game.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
31-Oct(#4)
cblake78 wrote:
> Smart of them to get you to pay $60 for a used game.

definitely, that was my first thought. it also acts as somewhat of a security deposit in case you just never bring it back. im sure they are counting on a lot of people not using it that much and making a lot of free money. if you could play a lot of games in that 6 months its a nice deal though, and on top of that you can get a game to keep, so its kinda on the user to use it enough to make it worth it. I could see at smaller stores this could hurt the supply of some games, leaving the shelves with less desirable items because everyone has the good ones rented.

Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
* 31-Oct(#5)
Does this include retro stuff too? smiley:::raspberry

I think it's a great deal actually, if you want to rent games. Gamefly is more expensive per month, and you get to keep nothing at the end.

10 bucks per month, you can grab any game right off the shelf, return it two hours later, or two days later, or two weeks later then grab the next hotness. It's almost a guarantee that good games will be in stock. Gamefly? Wait a day or two for a game, the best stuff is backordered, and you have to worry about mailing crap back all the time.

PLUS - if they are renting games out also, maybe they'll increase trade in values (lol, maybe?) to keep things in stock. This rental program won't work if everything is out of stock!

Anyone bashing this, when it's the BEST model available, is just doing so because they are Gamestop grumps.
DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
* 31-Oct(#6)
Admiral wrote:
> 10 bucks per month, you can grab any game right off the shelf, return it two hours
> later, or two days later, or two weeks later then grab the next hotness. It's almost
> a guarantee that good games will be in stock.

Nah, it's more of a guarantee that, if popular enough, the only things on the shelf will be Call of Duty and Madden. For anyone. And it's further incentive for them to break open new copies and still sell them as new after use.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
31-Oct(#7)
Admiral wrote:
> Does this include retro stuff too? smiley:::raspberry

apparently it is any used game in the store, so it seems so if you have stores that have it, nothing around here has anything older than ps3/360/wii and wii u/ds

cblake78
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
31-Oct(#8)
Admiral wrote:
> Does this include retro stuff too? smiley:::raspberry
>
> I think it's a great deal actually, if you want to rent games. Gamefly is more expensive
> per month, and you get to keep nothing at the end.
>
> 10 bucks per month, you can grab any game right off the shelf, return it two hours
> later, or two days later, or two weeks later then grab the next hotness. It's almost
> a guarantee that good games will be in stock. Gamefly? Wait a day or two for a game,
> the best stuff is backordered, and you have to worry about mailing crap back all
> the time.
>
> PLUS - if they are renting games out also, maybe they'll increase trade in values
> (lol, maybe?) to keep things in stock. This rental program won't work if everything
> is out of stock!
>
> Anyone bashing this, when it's the BEST model available, is just doing so because
> they are Gamestop grumps.

I beg to differ.

You CAN grab any game right off the shelf...that's in stock. Don't think you'll be able to run right in, snag a copy of Mario Odyssey to rent, and be on your way.

I do think this is a decent idea if there are some non-recent releases people want to play but don't want to own...then maybe by the end of the 6 months more of those games you wanted to play close to release will be available to keep.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
* 31-Oct(#9)
apparently the game you get to keep has to be one that you had over the 6 month period, so if you want a newer expensive game at the end of it you gotta time it right to get that game somewhere near the end of the six months. wonder what happens if they don't have any copies of that game at the end of the period?

this is a service I can see someone like my brother really getting some use out of potentially, as long as they have stock, he rarely cares about keeping anything.

darkslime
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 31-Oct(#10)
They're gonna try to upsell this every time someone buys a used game that costs less than 60 and hope people sign up and never return back. I hate shopping there, last time I was there the employee followed me around like a car salesman and I just wanted too browse and I try to avoid that place as much as possible
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
31-Oct(#11)
they def hope people will just take a game and forget about it or not use their 60 worth.

brian9824
400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
31-Oct(#12)
The free game supposedly is ANY game you rented during the period. No idea how that works if it's not in stock.

It probably won't be the best service for those who only want newer games, but if you have multiple consoles it's a ton of variety.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
31-Oct(#13)
ya it can be anything you played durning the period of 6 months, I guess if they didn't have it maybe you could get it at another stuff or they send it from their online service? I guess more info will be revealed. maybe i'll ask when next im in there, which isn't often.

@dashey probably knows though.. :)

to maximize I guess you could go in and get the one you want to keep in the last couple days of your period and just say this is the one im keeping, if they had it. and ya this is really something of potential benefit if you have multiple systems as there would surely be something you haven't played. I think we often view things from the collectard point of view, as this is something for people who are just gonna play and flip anyway


DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews Secret Santa
31-Oct(#14)
I would've thought you just keep whatever game you have out after 6 months. Why risk coming back around to one of your older games? Just find the game you want in the last month.

DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
* 31-Oct(#15)
DefaultGen wrote:
> I would've thought you just keep whatever game you have out after 6 months. Why risk
> coming back around to one of your older games? Just find the game you want in the
> last month.
>

That'll be the trick, won't it? If you're on-par with shenanigans like Gamestop whipping out a disc to put in an open case saying "Lucky you, you got our last new copy!" you're gonna be stuck with a $60 copy of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite at the end of the 6 month period. Because everyone had the exact same thought you did.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
* 31-Oct(#16)
you could do that if you wanted I suppose, which seems to make the most sense

the key is seeing if somewhere in the fine print it says pick any from your 6 month period "from in stock titles" or something like that, if you cant somehow get whatever game you wanted from it I would be less inclined.

JD
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
31-Oct(#17)
I wonder if it'll be disc only or complete for one to keep? Like collector edition maybe?
DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
31-Oct(#18)
I really doubt they'll let you rent a collector's edition of a game unless it's already been SKUed as identical to the standard version (ME2, etc).

I'm not sure why anyone would think otherwise.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
31-Oct(#19)
if they let you take the whole case and everything home, ebay is about to be blown up with "manual only" and "replacement manual" listings unless they track whether it had it or not and penalize you if you don't bring it back. I remember the rental stores used to either put stickers on manuals or just write on them in sharpie "$2 fine if not returned" or something like that

Noid
Gold Good Trader
* 31-Oct(#20)
tonymack21 wrote:
> if they let you take the whole case and everything home, ebay is about to be blown
> up with "manual only" and "replacement manual" listings unless they track whether
> it had it or not and penalize you if you don't bring it back. I remember the rental
> stores used to either put stickers on manuals or just write on them in sharpie "$2
> fine if not returned" or something like that
>
>

That's actually a very good point. Sadly, based off their track record, I don't think GameStop will care. If anything, that may receive some sort of unofficial enforcement based off of each individual location.
Mexico
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
* 31-Oct(#21)
good deal, with being able to keep a game that you can trade back in at the end to reduce the cost, could easily make it under $30 or keep something like hello kitty cruisers and resell
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
31-Oct(#22)
Ya true. If managed right you could play a lot of games cheap

KCPenguins
Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
* 31-Oct(#23)
This sounds great, but haters gonna hate. Where else can you rent Switch games for that price? (no affiliation with GS)
citizen_zane
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
31-Oct(#24)
This would be good for my daughter over summer break. Would your account be tied to one store or would it be good at any location? There are three in my town. It would be nice to use them like a Redbox. Rent from store A, return to store B.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
31-Oct(#25)
that was the other question I was wondering, can you get and take from any store

SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago) Secret Santa
31-Oct(#26)
I wonder is all locations will participate? I bet some don't.
Frank
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (12) Has Written 18 Reviews Secret Santa
1-Nov(#27)
Thankfully my library rents out new release video games, yes even Switch games, so I won't be partaking in the Gamestop renting shenanigans.

That being said, I see it potentially taking away the good games from stores, gamestop upping their used prices so games are still available to rent, and customers being unhappy with the old last gen games they were able to find in their stores.

Maybe I'm wrong, hopefully I am, but whenever gamestop rolls out something new I'm usually a pessimist.

Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
1-Nov(#28)
Frank wrote:
> That being said, I see it potentially taking away the good games from stores, gamestop
> upping their used prices so games are still available to rent, and customers being
> unhappy with the old last gen games they were able to find in their stores.

This definitely could end up being a side effect. But I think they would prefer to sell used games vs. giving them out as rentals....upping used prices would make a dent in their sales I'm sure.

The other option would be (I mentioned before) to up the trade-in values so they get more copies traded in.

I guess either way they would be "losing" money that would have to be made up via the rental program.

The more I think about it, I can see it being a nice little program - but I can also see it not lasting very long because of these roadblocks.
Pelle
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
1-Nov(#29)
Whats to stop someone from trading in a high profile game they bought at the end of their cycle and renting that as their keep? For instance, trade in Mario Odyssey as its bound to maintain a good trade in value then instantly rent it and keep it at the end?
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
1-Nov(#30)
I guess you could definitely do that, wouldn't make much difference to them I guess you're taking a game out of their stock either way.


Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
1-Nov(#31)
I guess there is nothing stopping someone from doing this.

But I fail to see why it should be considered a problem....?

Doing the math (which I assume is why you brought it up):

-$60 for Mario Odyssey
+$40 TIV for Mario
= -$20 balance
-$60 for Rental program
= -$80 balance

Keep Mario Odyssey.

That's an $80 Mario Odyssey....doesn't seem like GS is losing out.

Or are you thinking someone else is getting screwed here - like the other consumers since now Mario Odyssey is not as readily available for purchase or rent?
SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago) Secret Santa
1-Nov(#32)
Frank wrote:
> Thankfully my library rents out new release video games, yes even Switch games, so
> I won't be partaking in the Gamestop renting shenanigans.
>
> That being said, I see it potentially taking away the good games from stores, gamestop
> upping their used prices so games are still available to rent, and customers being
> unhappy with the old last gen games they were able to find in their stores.
>
> Maybe I'm wrong, hopefully I am, but whenever gamestop rolls out something new I'm
> usually a pessimist.

Watch them stop gutting games if this rolls out to all locations. All of a sudden the used inventory dries up. Except for moldy oldy Wii shovelware.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
1-Nov(#33)
they were probably having some brainstorming sessions at corporate on programs to make money and this won out

Pelle
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 1-Nov(#34)
Admiral wrote:
> I guess there is nothing stopping someone from doing this.
>
> But I fail to see why it should be considered a problem....?
>
> Doing the math (which I assume is why you brought it up):
>
> -$60 for Mario Odyssey
> +$40 TIV for Mario
> = -$20 balance
> -$60 for Rental program
> = -$80 balance
>
> Keep Mario Odyssey.
>
> That's an $80 Mario Odyssey....doesn't seem like GS is losing out.
>
> Or are you thinking someone else is getting screwed here - like the other consumers
> since now Mario Odyssey is not as readily available for purchase or rent?
>



I was referencing trading in a game you already own / paid for and renting at the end of the cycle to essentially just get free store credit. I already have mario. Trading in my own copy 6 monhts from now will probably net me $20 on the low side. Just make it my last rental and keep it and ive gotten store credit back instead of a game. Obviously buying a game just to do that wont net you anything lol.



Trade Mario Odyssey in +40
Spend 60 on Rental Program -20
Rent Mario then lots of other games and Keep mario
6 Months for $20
SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago) Secret Santa
1-Nov(#35)
I'm not just throwing Gamestop stones either, I was actually considering this. I just take a long time to consider anything and try and think of all possible scenarios.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
1-Nov(#36)
i would consider it too during stretches of time i knew i would have time to play lots of games, but my own backlog is already so big.

brian9824
400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
13-Nov(#37)
This starts next week
JD
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
14-Nov(#38)
This isn't happening anymore
Dashey
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review Secret Santa
14-Nov(#39)
JD wrote:
> This isn't happening anymore

Was just about to post it.


SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago) Secret Santa
14-Nov(#40)
Why?
brian9824
400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 14-Nov(#41)
JD wrote:
> This isn't happening anymore

I talked to my gamestop store yesterday who confirmed its definitely happening and gave me all the details on how its worked. Who said its not happening?

It was advertised inside their Game Insider magazine
devans77
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago) Secret Santa
14-Nov(#42)
Gamestop follows GTZ and CAG and other sites, so they announce something and read all the ways people say they can manipulate the system to get the best possible deal. Then gamestop has a meeting to determine whether or not this deal would screw over customers, if it does then they keep it, if it doesn't then it's canceled

tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
14-Nov(#43)
maybe they've realized it would really hurt their sales? I would think most gs regulars are ones who buy and play, sell it back for 25% of what they paid and buy another and repeat? if they can rent instead that's a lot of lost revenue?

reneeatworld
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 20 Reviews
14-Nov(#44)
Doesn't kianta still rent his games out? I wonder if he'll price match this deal.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
14-Nov(#45)
lol maybe, and there is a guy in the gameshare group offering something like this too

brian9824
400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
14-Nov(#46)
I read online more and from what I read people are saying it's delayed,not canceled.

Supposedly it's because of some stores needing computer upgrades so they can't roll it out till they update it.

Nothing official yet so will see what they say.
Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
14-Nov(#47)
Have any of you upgraded to the Pro Elite program instead of just Pro? I think it's a no brainer TBH. More points, double the discount on used. I'll save that extra $15 in no time.
whitefire
550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
(frozen)
* 14-Nov(#48)
I'll definitely try this out when it starts. I'm a little concerned about the good games running out, bundle hopefully, that won't be an issue. Still, I figure worst scenario, I'll maybe get a game at the end I can sell. That's a pretty minimal investment even if the $60 games are gone.

I wish somebody would finally do this digitally for games and movies. They would make so much money. Even without being able to keep one at the end, it'd still be worth it, IMO.

DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
* 14-Nov(#49)
Admiral wrote:
> Have any of you upgraded to the Pro Elite program instead of just Pro? I think it's
> a no brainer TBH. More points, double the discount on used. I'll save that extra
> $15 in no time.

I try to not give Gamestop more than $50 per year in software purchases, or just buy new hardware (new software will always be cheaper elsewhere, because Gamestop does not ever want you to buy new). Paying them $30 to essentially lock in eBay or slightly higher than ebay prices and feel forced to shop at only Gamestop seems like strange behavior to me, even factoring in the 2-3 legitimately good deals per year you can probably scrape together by stacking promotions up. I'd rather just shop wherever it's cheapest whenever I want to, since every time you don't buy Gamestop when you're running their discount programs, you're losing value on your investment. Which is why they came up with the nifty idea for you to pay them for your loyalty once they saw Amazon was doing well charging for it.

Not to discredit those who find it fun to game Gamestop, that's whatever.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
14-Nov(#50)
whitefire wrote:
.
>
> I wish somebody would finally do this digitally for games and movies. They would
> make so much money. Even without being able to keep one at the end, it'd still be
> worth it, IMO.
>
>

isn't that essentially what PSnow and xbox gamepass are?

whitefire
550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
(frozen)
14-Nov(#51)
tonymack21 wrote:
> whitefire wrote:
> .
>>
>> I wish somebody would finally do this digitally for games and movies. They would
>> make so much money. Even without being able to keep one at the end, it'd still
> be
>> worth it, IMO.
>>
>>
>
> isn't that essentially what PSnow and xbox gamepass are?
>
>

No, I mean you can rent any game you want, one at a time.

Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
* 14-Nov(#52)
DiamondDave wrote:
> Admiral wrote:
>> Have any of you upgraded to the Pro Elite program instead of just Pro? I think
> it's
>> a no brainer TBH. More points, double the discount on used. I'll save that extra
>> $15 in no time.
>
> I try to not give Gamestop more than $50 per year in software purchases, or just
> buy new hardware (new software will always be cheaper elsewhere, because Gamestop
> does not ever want you to buy new). Paying them $30 to essentially lock in eBay
> or slightly higher than ebay prices and feel forced to shop at only Gamestop seems
> like strange behavior to me, even factoring in the 2-3 legitimately good deals per
> year you can probably scrape together by stacking promotions up. I'd rather just
> shop wherever it's cheapest whenever I want to, since every time you don't buy Gamestop
> when you're running their discount programs, you're losing value on your investment.
> Which is why they came up with the nifty idea for you to pay them for your loyalty
> once they saw Amazon was doing well charging for it.
>
> Not to discredit those who find it fun to game Gamestop, that's whatever.

I get that.

I think Gamestop sometimes beats online prices though...like the Persona 5 PS4 Steelbook I found for $30, or the Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse I found for $20.

That, and with their 4 for $10/$20 sales, I can easily save money there vs. online...AND get things in the shape I want them to be in.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
14-Nov(#53)
@whitefire ya I see what you mean, anything you want, with those you're limited to what it has.



SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago) Secret Santa
14-Nov(#54)
GameStop is my prime source of PSN gift cards. Anytime there's decent trade in value I take in a bunch of games and get it all in PSN cash.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
14-Nov(#55)
that's a good idea.


apparently if you have already paid for this, you can return the pass and your rented game and get a refund AND take any preowned game in the store. saw that on a kotaku article

Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
14-Nov(#56)
I used to get Amazon cards with the trade ins, but they don't let you do that anymore.
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) Secret Santa
14-Nov(#57)
Admiral wrote:
> I used to get Amazon cards with the trade ins, but they don't let you do that anymore.

You can still get them, but you have to turn the trade credit into a Gamestop GC and then use that to buy the Amazon GC. Just don't do it all in the same transaction so you don't draw attention to yourself.

Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
14-Nov(#58)
Good to know yes
SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago) Secret Santa
15-Nov(#60)
The comments on that article are a riot to me. Lots of gamers complaining about how the systems run DOS or equivalent antiquated GUI so they can't possibly accomplish something at this magnitude. Because if the interface isn't super pretty like consoles have, it's obviously useless crap. Don't enter the accounting field children. smiley:::rolls eyes
DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
15-Nov(#61)
The interface for Xbox steadily and continually devolves into garbage more and more with each revision.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
* 15-Nov(#62)
yes the new UI is even worse and slower than the old, it really is ass. id even take the last one as opposed to this one its so bad. do they not focus group or test this crap at all?

SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago) Secret Santa
15-Nov(#63)
Yes, at a Microsoft store to a group of millennials that are surface owners.
devans77
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago) Secret Santa
15-Nov(#64)
yeah i dont get much xbox time anymore but i turned on my xbone the other day and thought how crappy it was

SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago) Secret Santa
15-Nov(#65)
I stopped by GameStop for a trade in today. I asked what they thought of the latest Xbox GUI update. He said it was totes magotes. The assistant manager said he thought it was awesome and sleek as fudge.

So there's your audience...
devans77
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago) Secret Santa
15-Nov(#66)
If that's a true story they probably don't own one and are just trying to promote a sale

DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
15-Nov(#67)
If you woulda said you hated it they'd probably agree.
SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago) Secret Santa
15-Nov(#68)
They told me that everything looks better on Xbox One X. I said didn't only certain games look better on it? They seemed to think it upscaled all games to "almost native 4K".
SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago) Secret Santa
15-Nov(#69)
Another location I go to has a manager that tells everyone Microsoft has such great things in the pipeline, people just need to be patient.
Noid
Gold Good Trader
15-Nov(#70)
DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
15-Nov(#71)
SirConnery wrote:
> They told me that everything looks better on Xbox One X. I said didn't only certain
> games look better on it? They seemed to think it upscaled all games to "almost native
> 4K".

Because, you know, that's how it works right? You SCALE stuff to NATIVE resolutions! Holy shiet, they've got some wicked snake oil salesmen working in those stores to guide the ignorant, don't they

Topic   Gamestop offering 6 month unlimited game rental for $60(Plus keep 1 game at end)