Politics

Topic   Hunter kills woman.

Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
25-Nov(#1)
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/24/us/new-york-woman-ki...

Thought she was a deer.
Negligent homicide or manslaughter for sure.

Unsure in today's society.
MikeyWhoa
Silver Good Trader
(frozen)
25-Nov(#2)
This is one of those responsible gun owners.


Missile
Gold Good Trader
25-Nov(#3)
Feeb wrote:
>
> Thought she was a deer.
> Negligent homicide or manslaughter for sure.
>
> Unsure in today's society.
Can't wait to hear about the sex change.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
* 25-Nov(#4)
Just has to decide to live as a homosexual to pardon this, right.
Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
25-Nov(#5)
MikeyWhoa wrote:
> This is one of those responsible gun owners.
>
>
>

People do dumb stuff. How many people die from reckless driving? Waaaaay more then recklessness with guns yet how easy is it to get a license to drive.
King_link
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 25-Nov(#6)
How do you mistake a human for a deer? If you have to squint and say "Is that a deer?", I'd say do not pull the trigger.
Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
* 25-Nov(#7)
King_link wrote:
> How do you mistake a human for a deer? If you have to squint and say "Is that a deer?",
> I'd say do not pull the trigger.

Yeah , you don't haha. People are just stupid and don't know how to hunt safetly and responsible. You never shoot what you don't clearly see and the guy probably heard and saw something, but didn't clearly identify it before shooting
MikeyWhoa
Silver Good Trader
(frozen)
* 25-Nov(#8)
Shane12m wrote:
> MikeyWhoa wrote:
>> This is one of those responsible gun owners.
>>
>>
>>
>
> People do dumb stuff. How many people die from reckless driving? Waaaaay more then
> recklessness with guns yet how easy is it to get a license to drive.


Be sure to tell her husband this. It's sure to make it right.


Shane12m wrote:
> King_link wrote:
>> How do you mistake a human for a deer? If you have to squint and say "Is that
> a deer?",
>> I'd say do not pull the trigger.
>
> Yeah , you don't haha. People are just stupid and don't know how to hunt safetly
> and responsible.


There's a ringing endorsement for freedom.


Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
25-Nov(#9)
MikeyWhoa wrote:
> Shane12m wrote:
>> MikeyWhoa wrote:
> |>> This is one of those responsible gun owners.
> |>>
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> People do dumb stuff. How many people die from reckless driving? Waaaaay more
> then
>> recklessness with guns yet how easy is it to get a license to drive.
>
>
> Be sure to tell her husband this. It's sure to make it right.
>
>
> Shane12m wrote:
>> King_link wrote:
> |>> How do you mistake a human for a deer? If you have to squint and say "Is that
>> a deer?",
> |>> I'd say do not pull the trigger.
>>
>> Yeah , you don't haha. People are just stupid and don't know how to hunt safetly
>> and responsible.
>
>
> There's a ringing endorsement for freedom.
>
>
>

Yeah, people are dumb and they do dumb things. But typical of you to ignore part of my post more people dying from RECKLESS and irresponsible driving, yet it's always gun control gun control. I don't even own a gun right now, but grew up learning to respect and fear them. Why should responsible people suffer because of someone stupid? Should no one be allowed to drive anymore?

I can get wanting to crack down on gun control if you also decided to do something similar with all deadly weapons including vehicles
Missile
Gold Good Trader
* 25-Nov(#10)
Feeb wrote:
> Just has to decide to live as a homosexual to pardon this, right.
Now see that's what that spacey guy did wrong. Being a gay is not newsworthy enough for the current year, you gotta have your dick and balls converted into a makeshift vag if you REALLY want that pardon.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
25-Nov(#11)
At least Buffalo Bill it.
Missile
Gold Good Trader
* 25-Nov(#12)
Not unless you want to be seen as a misogynist.
MikeyWhoa
Silver Good Trader
(frozen)
25-Nov(#13)
Shane12m wrote:
> MikeyWhoa wrote:
>> Shane12m wrote:
> |>> MikeyWhoa wrote:
>> |>> This is one of those responsible gun owners.
>> |>>
>> |>>
>> |>>
> |>>
> |>> People do dumb stuff. How many people die from reckless driving? Waaaaay more
>> then
> |>> recklessness with guns yet how easy is it to get a license to drive.
>>
>>
>> Be sure to tell her husband this. It's sure to make it right.
>>
>>
>> Shane12m wrote:
> |>> King_link wrote:
>> |>> How do you mistake a human for a deer? If you have to squint and say "Is that
> |>> a deer?",
>> |>> I'd say do not pull the trigger.
> |>>
> |>> Yeah , you don't haha. People are just stupid and don't know how to hunt safetly
> |>> and responsible.
>>
>>
>> There's a ringing endorsement for freedom.
>>
>>
>>
>
> Yeah, people are dumb and they do dumb things. But typical of you to ignore part
> of my post more people dying from RECKLESS and irresponsible driving, yet it's always
> gun control gun control.


I literally quoted and responded to that part of your ridiculous argument. How is that ignoring it?


> I don't even own a gun right now, but grew up learning to
> respect and fear them. Why should responsible people suffer because of someone stupid?
> Should no one be allowed to drive anymore?


What? Nobody was driving when this "responsible" gun owner couldn't distinguish between a deer and a hospital volunteer walking her dogs.


> I can get wanting to crack down on gun control if you also decided to do something
> similar with all deadly weapons including vehicles


Vehicles serve a purpose outside of killing or hurting someone. As do knives, medications, doctors, and every other example people use for this illogical argument. What realistic function do guns provide that isn't violent? Guns are used to hurt, maim, and destroy. That's it. When your gun gets you to work quickly, cuts your steak, or performs surgery on you, then we can have this conversation.


ninesalone
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
* 25-Nov(#14)
MikeyWhoa wrote:
> What realistic
> function do guns provide that isn't violent? Guns are used to hurt, maim, and destroy.
> That's it.

This is the problem. You think objects are somehow "immoral." They are literally tools man. Outside of the obvious way they are used in hunting/sports it's the best choice in self defense and a great way to deter crime.

The car analogy is spot on. Ever heard the "guns don't kill people, people kill people?" It's the same way with cars. Guns and cars don't have inherently evil traits, it's how they are used by people. Wanting to ban guns because people use them for nefarious reasons is the same as banning cars for the same reason.

No matter how much legislation you wish that passes to lower their proliferation, they will always be around. Always. Amazing that the same people in here that think the drug war is a total failure (it is) and notice it hasn't lowered the proliferation of drugs actually think the government can somehow control guns the same way. The only thing you're going to do is disarm/empower the wrong people.

Also, I remember you saying you don't need a gun for self-defense. Probably has more to do with the fact that you live in a conservative state and are surrounded by people that do carry. Have to wonder if you'd feel the same way living in a liberal hellhole like Chicago or Baltimore.
MikeyWhoa
Silver Good Trader
(frozen)
25-Nov(#15)
ninesalone wrote:
> MikeyWhoa wrote:
>> What realistic
>> function do guns provide that isn't violent? Guns are used to hurt, maim, and
> destroy.
>> That's it.
>
> This is the problem. You think objects are somehow "immoral."


I think murder is immoral. I think guns make the killing way too convenient.


They are literally
> tools man. Outside of the obvious way they are used in hunting/sports it's the best
> choice in self defense and a great way to deter crime.
>
> The car analogy is spot on. Ever heard the "guns don't kill people, people kill people?"
> It's the same way with cars. Guns and cars don't have inherently evil traits, it's
> how they are used by people.


Guns and cars don't have "traits" at all. They have functions. A cars function in to transport, and can be misused to harm. A guns function is to harm. That's what it's created for. We can debate who is or isn't worthy of that harm, but that's not the point here. I'm against this violence, so by my nature I'm not fond of the tools that are made to commit that violence.


> Wanting to ban guns because people use them for
> nefarious reasons is the same as banning cars for the same reason.


I don't want to ban guns, because that's impossible in America. What other use does the gun have that isn't violent. Of course violent people will gravitate towards violent tools.



>
> No matter how much legislation you wish that passes to lower their proliferation,
> they will always be around. Always. Amazing that the same people in here
> that think the drug war is a total failure (it is) and notice it hasn't lowered the
> proliferation of drugs actually think the government can somehow control guns the
> same way. The only thing you're going to do is disarm/empower the wrong people.


I disagree. Certain legislation that is actually enforced can help I believe. But we've been over that. Those ideas are around here somewhere.



DiamondDave
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
26-Nov(#16)
Let's be real, if this were a bow, or a SPEAR, you wouldn't have the opinion that guns are dangerous, you'd have the opinion that idiots are dangerous and this wouldn't have had to be listed in Politics.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
* 26-Nov(#17)
I honestly just thought it was so ridiculous I wanted to share it. This is where most of this type of discussion happens. Move it to General is fine.
Karaiya
Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
26-Nov(#18)
One time, Dick Cheney shot his friend by accident.
MikeyWhoa
Silver Good Trader
(frozen)
26-Nov(#19)
Karaiya wrote:
> One time, Dick Cheney shot his friend by accident.


And his friend apologized to him!


yankees7448
Bronze Good Trader
1-Dec(#20)
DiamondDave wrote:
> Let's be real, if this were a bow, or a SPEAR, you wouldn't have the opinion that
> guns are dangerous, you'd have the opinion that idiots are dangerous and this wouldn't
> have had to be listed in Politics.

Lets be real bringing up hypothetical alternatives is just a blatant attempt to deflect from what happened with a gun. A spear wasn't used. A bow wasn't used. It was a gun.
DiamondDave
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
1-Dec(#21)
You didn't even read what happened, lol.

Topic   Hunter kills woman.