Well, it's a new year so shall we get into completing some games 'round here? As always, the goal of this challenge is to beat games on as many systems as possible in one calendar year. Nothing new there.
What is however, is that in addition to monitoring the completion of specific systems, I'm going to keep up with the total number of individual games that everyone finishes. As you can see, everyone involved has their very own box which will serve to keep up both their systems and total games beaten. I've put mine in the format that I intend to use, but if everyone could just provide me with a list of their systems I can do the legwork of putting it together on this thread. Hopefully this will make it easier for everyone to keep up with their completions, as I realize not everyone is as anal as I am in monitoring their lists.
I'd like to give a shout-out to Razeak for coming up with the idea for this competition and I'm honored to carry the torch that he started. Well, that's about all I've got to say here, so let the gaming begin!
- 50% of systems completed, - 100% of systems completed, - 0 games completed, - 5 games completed, - 10 games completed, - 20 games completed (additional gold stars for every ten), - top user in games beaten/systems completed, - user Tad
The following icons are earned when you complete at least two games in each category
image Girly Vidyagamer -------------------- image Mega Manly Vidyagamer -------------------- image JRPG Vidyagamer -------------------- image Hyrulian Hero Vidyagamer -------------------- image Raccoon City Vidyagamer -------------------- image 2nd Amendment Vidyagamer -------------------- image Race Drivin' Vidyagamer -------------------- image "Destroy the Core!" Vidyagamer -------------------- image Super Sonic Vidyagamer --------------------
Girly: beat a game that is predominantly targeted towards a feminine audience #metoo Mega Manly: beat a game in the Mega Man universe JRPG: beat a JRPG Hyrulian Hero: beat a Zelda game Raccoon City: beat a Resident Evil game 2nd Amendment: beat an FPS Race Drivin': beat a racing game "Destroy the Core!": beat a SHMUP Super Sonic: beat a game in the Sonic universe Super Mayrio: beat a game in the Mario universe Hoppin' & Boppin': beat a side scrolling, 2D platformer (non-Metroidvania) Pile Drivin': beat a belt-scrolling brawler/beat 'em up Street Fightin': beat a 1-on-1 fighter Bomber Manly: beat a game in the Bomberman franchise egg: beat a puzzler Pocket Monster: beat a game in the Pokémon franchise Billy Mitchell: beat a retro arcade/pinball game Grown-Ass Man: Complete a game from the following series: Castlevania, anything From Software, God of War and Contra (and any other 2D shooter, for that matter). The first individual game that I included was Cuphead. If you feel like you beat a balls hard game and are deserving of this icon, post on here and the community will deem whether you earn it or not.
Lastly, despite the fact that several games fit multiple categories, a particular completion only counts towards one icon. For example: Super Mario World would count towards the Super Mayrio icon, but not the Hoppin' & Boppin' one. I understand this could get a little confusing, but that's how it's gonna be! #littlebill
- Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness, Super Dodge Ball - Super Mario Land - Castlevania: Bloodlines - Mega Man X2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time - Final Fight CD - Last Bronx - Metal Gear Solid - - - Grandia 2, 18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker - Metal Slug (via SNK Arcade Classics Vol 1) - Mega Man Zero - - DOOM 3 - - Bomberman '94, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood ( via ) - Double Dragon Neon, Bionic Commando Rearmed - Super Mario 3D Land - Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows, Mario Kart 8 - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Resident Evil 2, Wild Guns Reloaded, Final Fantasy VII Remake - Blazing Chrome, Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Street Fighter Alpha 2 (via SF 30th Anniversary Collection) Unique Systems Covered:17/21 Total Games Beaten:28
- - Mr. Driller, Tomba!, Theme Hospital, Barbie Race & Ride, Detective Barbie: Mistery Cruise - - Super Mario Land - The Last Blade - Tacoma - My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Musynx, Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka, Shovel Knight, Bastion, Cel Damage HD, Uncanny Valley, Minecraft, Furwind, Desert Ashes, Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes, Metagal, War Theatre, Antiquia Lost - OnRush, Grim Fandango Remastered, forma.8, Uncharted 4, Mortal Kombat XL, Secret of Mana, The Shapeshifting Detective, Journey, Don't Bite Me Bro!, Knack 2 - Unique Systems Covered:7/10 Total Games Beaten:32
- Super Mario Land - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time, Super Mario RPG ( via emulation) - Where the Wild Things Are - Portal 2, Fable: The Anniversary Edition image - Final Fantasy III - One Night Stand, Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn, Cardpocalypse, Slay the Spire, Burly Men at Sea, Infamous: Second Son, Conan: Exiles, The Last of Us Remastered, Shovel Knight, Tacoma, Maneater, Fractured Minds, Sea of Memories, Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms - Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, Streets of Rage 4, Untitled Goose Game, Void Bastards, Resident Evil Revelations, Grounded - Trover Saves the Universe, Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality, Sneaky Bears, Blindfold, Accounting +, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, Bravo Team - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order Unique Systems Covered:9/9 Total Games Beaten:38
- Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Aladdin - - Spider-Man: Mysterio's Menace - - - image - Shantae and the Seven Sirens, Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Little Orpheus, Sayonara Wild Hearts, Journey, Necrobarista - - - Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas, Hollow Knight, Owlboy, Super C, Operation C, Strikers 1945, Q-YO Blaster, Shadow of the Ninja, Strikers 1945 II, Strikers 1945 III, Tengai, Bury Me-My Love, Earthworms, Super Mario Bros., Mega Man ZX, Mega Man ZX: Advent, Raging Loop, Trials of Mana, Langrisser I, Pong Quest, Nightmares from the Deep 2, Astral Chain, Bendy and the Ink Machine, Psyvariar Delta, Elliot Quest, Ghoul Boy, Noir Chronicles, Agent A, Renegade, Omega Strike, Shikhondo, Syberia 2, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2, DOOM, CrossCode, Cinders, Where the Water Tastes Like Wine, Venture Kid, Mark of the Ninja Remastered, Chasm, Valley Unique Systems Covered:5/11 Total Games Beaten:50
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, World of Warcraft Classic, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Castlevania: Bloodlines - Super Mario Land - Final Fight TOUGH, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Mega Man X, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Final Fight 2 - Metroid Fusion - - Tetris Party, Mr Driller W image- Super Mario Run, Super Mario Sunshine - Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Persona 5: Royal - Super Hot - Super Mario Bros., Renegade, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Gunman Clive, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Unique Systems Covered:11/12 Total Games Beaten:24
- Terraria, Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville - Super Mario Bros. - - Super Mario Land - - - - Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - - image - - - - - Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - - Plants Versus Zombies: Garden Warfare - Wii Sports Resort - - - - Pokémon Rumble U - - - Animal Crossing New Horizons Unique Systems Covered:9/25 Total Games Beaten:10
- Portal, Portal 2, What Remains of Edith Finch, Q.U.B.E Director's Cut, Quadrilateral Cowboy, The Room Three, Gunpoint, Hypnospace Outlaw, FRAMED - Super Mario Bros. - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Bioshock Infinite, Mark of the Ninja Remastered, Bioshock, The Last of Us Remastered, Spider-Man, Denied Access, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Sayonara Wild Hearts, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Last of Us Part II - Untitled Goose Game, My Friend Pedro, Superhot, Mirror's Edge Catalyst imageXL - Gunman Clive (counted as ), Shovel Knight, Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Super Mario Land, Super Mario World, Shovel Knight: King of Cards, Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows - Celeste Unique Systems Covered:6/6 Total Games Beaten:34
* genesis*- - Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete image - Sunset Riders, King of Dragons, Captain Commando, Vigilante - Champions: Return to Arms - - - - - - Halo Reach - Ni no Kuni, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Langrisser I & II, Animal Crossing New Horizons Unique Systems Covered:5/11 Used To Own: , Total Games Beaten:11
- Warcraft 3 - - - - Iron Snout, Jack 'n Jill DX, Gravity Duck - FullBlast, Iron Snout, Jack 'n Jill DX, Gravity Duck, Iron Hero, Metagal, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019), Deep Space Rush - Unique Systems Covered:3/7 Total Games Beaten:12
/ - - Master of Darkness - - - / - The Punisher - - - - - Blue's Journey - / - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time - - image - Robo Army - - - Sonic Council, Asuka 120%, Groove on Fight, Dragon Force - - - - image - - - - - - - - - - Final Fantasy III - - - - - - - Burley Men at Sea, Injustice 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan, Resident Evil 3, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (as part of the Requiem package), The Bridge - Gryphon Knight Epic - Joe and Mac Returns, Squidlit, Crystal Crisis, Shikhondo: Soul Eater, Caveman Ninja Unique Systems Covered:10/42 Total Games Beaten:24
- Eternal Senia - - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - Pokémon Trading Card Game 2: Here Comes Team Great Rocket - Pokémon Stadium, Pokémon Stadium 2 - God of War 2 - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky - Super Mario Galaxy - God of War 3, God of War: Ascension - Pokémon Sun - Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - God of War Unique Systems Covered:12/13 Total Games Beaten:15
/ - Tetris - Bomberman '94 - - - Super Mario Bros. 3 (via Super Mario All-Stars) - - Digital Pinball Necronomicon - Xenogears, Final Fantasy IX - - Puyo Puyo Fever, Puzzle Bobble 4, Mr. Driller, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing - - - - - - - Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus - - Deathsmiles, Splatterhouse - - - - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Yakuza 5, Dark Souls 3, (Castlevania) Judgment, Dark Souls Remastered, Psyvariar Delta Unique Systems Covered:9/23 Still Secretly Loves KekW: , Total Games Beaten:19
- Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Persona 5 - Super Mario Bros., Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3 Unique Systems Covered:2/2 Total Games Beaten:7
- - - - - - - - Raiden - - - - Resident Evil: Director's Cut - - - SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millenium - Capcom vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001 - - - - - - Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Dead or Alive 4 - Streets of Rage 3D, Streets of Rage 2 3D - - - Psyvariar Delta, Street Fighter, Street Fighter II, Street Fighter II: Champion Edition, Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (via SF 30th Anniversary Collection) - Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage - Final Fantasy VII Unique Systems Covered:9/29 Total Games Beaten:16
- - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Unique Systems Covered:6/8 Total Games Beaten:6
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - - - - - - - - - - - - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - image - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Resident Evil 2, Until Dawn - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, DOOM: Eternal, Mortal Kombat 11 - Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, DOOM VFR - Unique Systems Covered:6/32 Total Games Beaten:11
- Portal 2, Resident Evil 2 - Super Mario Bros 2, Super Dodge Ball, Renegade - Lunar: The Silver Star (via Mega Everdrive) - Nekketsu Kōkō Dodgeball Bu: PC Bangai Hen, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Samurai Shodown, Super Dodge Ball, Metal Slug - Final Fantasy V, Super Mario Bros. (via Super Mario All-Stars) - Road Rash - Raiden - Primal Rage - Strikers 1945 - - Warhawk: The Red Mercury Missions, MDK, Twisted Metal, Twisted Metal 2 - Super Mario 64 image - Sunset Riders, Tekken, Tekken 2, X-Men: Children of the Atom - Unreal Tournament, Marvel vs Capcom - Time Crisis II, Tekken Tag Tournament - Super Dodge Ball Advance, Super Mario Land DX, Tekken Advaance - Alien Hominoid - Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Super Dodge Ball Brawlers - Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - - The Last of Us - - Mirror's Edge, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Shovel Knight - Super Meat Boy - 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Tacoma, Untitled Goose Game - Final Fantasy VII Remake - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Unique Systems Covered:28/32 Total Games Beaten:47
- - - - - - SNK vs Capcom: The Match of the Millennium - - - - - - - - - - Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition Unique Systems Covered:2/16 Total Games Beaten:3
- Super Mario Bros - - - Sunset Riders - - - - - Pokémon Emerald, Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - - Chrono Trigger - - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood ( via ) - - Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Spider Man - Halo 5: Guardians - Strikers 1945, Slay the Spire, Cuphead, BoxBoy! + BoxGirl! Unique Systems Covered:10/19 Total Games Beaten:14
- Q.U.B.E., Portal 2, Ruiner, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Castlevania, Adventure Island - Golden Axe - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan, Super Mario Land, Kid Dracula - Vampire: Master of Darkness - Super Castlevania IV, Barbie Super Model, Barbie Vacation Adventure - Astal, DonPachi, Body Special 264: Girls in Motion Puzzle Vol. 2 - Harmful Park - Crusi'n USA - - God of War 2 - Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - - Star Wars: Republic Commando - Evoland, Apple Knight - The Last of Us - - Splinter Cell: Conviction, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - - Batman Arkham Knight, Horizon 4, Slay the Spire, Inside, Dead Cells, The Division 2: Warlords of New York, Mortal Kombat X, Gears of War 5 (I says), Tacoma, Metro Last Light, Untitled Goose Game, Chasm, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Streets of Rage 4 Unique Systems Covered:16/20 Total Games Beaten:41
- - - - - - Ninja Commando (via ADK Damashii), Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (via The Disney Afternoon Collection), Mega Man, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Mega Man 4, Mega Man 5, Mega Man 6, Final Fantasy IX Unique Systems Covered:1/6 Total Games Beaten:9
- Terminator Resistance - - - Pokémon Ultra Sun - - Ori and The Will Of the Wisps, DOOM 64, DOOM Eternal, Resident Evil 2 - Code Vein, Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Yakuza 5, Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, Sonic Forces, Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil HD, Streets of Rage 4, Man of Medan, Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil Code Veronica X, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6, Maneater, Spongebob Squarepants Rehydrated, The Last of Us Remastered, Last of Us Part II, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Destroy All Humans! - Pokémon Sword, Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of a Elusive Age, 198X, Donkey Kong Country, Paper Mario: The Origami King Unique Systems Covered:5/8 Total Games Beaten:31
- Being a DIK: Season 1, Acting Lessons, Twists of My Life, Sigma Theory: Global Cold War, Headliner Novinews, Death and Taxes, Depraved Awakening, 198X - Snoopy's Silly Sports Spectacular - - Wild Guns - - - - - - Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - - - - Yakuza 5 - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - - - - - Yakuza 6, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Sakura Wars - - Unique Systems Covered:8/23 Total Games Beaten:17
Another batch update from forgetful ol me, including a new console
Dragon's Lair: The Legend (fake Dragon's Lair platformer) Bing Yuan Li Xian Ji II (bootleg Ice Age platformer) Barbie Horse Adventures: Blue Ribbon Race (terrible Barbie game) Coca-Cola Kid (Japan-only platformer based on a Coke mascot made in the Sonic engine)
and I've been plugging away at Streets of Rage 4, beaten Story mode in every difficulty with Cherry and Floyd, and on hard with Blaze and Adam. Currently working through Mania with Blaze/Adam. I should probably just beat another beat em up for the badge but this more fun.
I completed all the puzzles on Picross: TLoZ Twilight Princess. I always wanted to play this one since it appeared years ago. I noticed I had some Nintendo points about to expire and decided to get it before that. I downloaded one of those crappy mobile Pokemon games to get the extra points I was missing.
Good game to wake the brain from its slumber.
Classic - Classic - Mr. Driller, Tomba!, Theme Hospital, Barbie Race & Ride, Detective Barbie: Mistery Cruise - The Last Blade - - - Picross: TLoZ TP - Musynx, Damascus Gear Operation Osaka, Shovel Knight, Bastion, Cel Damage HD, Uncanny Valley, Minecraft, Furwind, Desert Ashes, Mecho Wars: Desert Ashes, Metagal, War Theatre - OnRush, Grim Fandango Remastered, forma.8, Uncharted 4, Mortal Kombat XL, Secret of Mana, The Shapeshifting Detective, Journey, Don't Bite Me Bro! - - Super Mario Land
Unique Systems Covered: 6/10 Total Games Beaten: 29
I beat Wild Arms Guns Reloaded a couple days ago, has anyone else had any clears? Haven't heard from forum stalwarts like @Scott, @GamersLyf, or @Frank in a little bit. And @natewearly907, you complete any Zeldas lately? @DragonmasterDX have you beaten whatever is on your Pokémon Mini handheld device? Anyone rip through an game of any sort?
I haven't had much game time the last few weeks, and the little I've had has still been going to the Spider-Man DLC. I'm pretty close to beating Minish Cap and Rondo of Blood though, so I should have a couple of clears soon
I got to the final boss in a Sega Saturn game, Astal, but then the Rom is having some graphical glitches so it's harder to both want to beat him, as well as actually tell what I'm doing to be able to... I grabbed several other copies and they all seem to be doing the same thing, rather sucks.
>> I'm working on a GBA game, while playing some Paper Mario Switch. Have any good
>> recommendations. I've struggled to find a game I can actually "beat" for the 2600
>> and 5200
> @Gypsy brought this up recently. We concluded that if you've played the game enough
> and feel as though you've got all there is to get out of it, consider it beaten.
This is the only way I could think of for high score type games. The ones I listed I have way more hours in than many of the games I actually cleared. It's just that you can't technically clear them. Even in Tetris NES, where people thought level 29 was the kill level, it's not and there have been people get into the 30s.
> Are you playing the NTSC or the import version? The limited continues on the North
> American one make the game quite a bear.
NTSC I assume since it's in English. I used save states so I don't think I've officially died at all or maybe once. The game is excellent looking, but I'm lost at times on what collecting the gems does and how the bird get triggered, it seems to do it's own thing at times. But I played it completely via my new RetroBit Saturn USB controller and RetroArch bases button layouts on the SNES buttons - Y, X above B, A (left to right) orientation vs. the Sega approach of X, Y, Z, above A, B, C.
Then for some reason the Saturn controller stopped working/being recognized correctly on my PC, so I went to my X1 controller. Since I used save states, every edition of the game I grabbed I had to change to .chd format and rename the same as the original copy, otherwise RetroArch wouldn't recognize it as the same title. That was fine for like 5 versions I got, but 1 came as .mdf/.mds so I don't know if I can turn that into .chd or if it's a bit different. I don't know a lot about Saturn emulation yet. It wasn't a very long game, so I might use the other version and see about starting over. In the mean time I've started and am pretty far into Bug for the Saturn, I had a demo of that as a kid, so I'm glad to get to try it out now. I guess I can't be too surprised about the 5 versions I have all behaving the same since they're all the same exact size except for 1 that is 7 KB smaller.
> I beat Wild Arms Guns Reloaded a couple days ago, has anyone else had any
> clears? Haven't heard from forum stalwarts like @Scott, @GamersLyf, or @Frank in
> a little bit. And @natewearly907, you complete any Zeldas lately? @DragonmasterDX
> have you beaten whatever is on your Pokémon Mini handheld device? Anyone rip
> through an game of any sort?
I have not beaten anything on the mini, the only games I have are pokemon party mini (which is just minigames) and pokemon pinball mini, which I suppose will be next on the list. I am very close to beating Phantom Hourglass, and if I do not fall asleep I'll've killed Bellum by morn.
@Antipop I think you can remove PS3 from my list of systems. I've only ever used it for blurays and streaming. The only game I have for it is FFX, which I also own on Switch now and will definitely play it on there if I ever get around to re-playing it. The handful of other PS3 games I may possibly play some day all have PS4 ports/remasters, so I don't see myself ever buying another game for it.
Well first I power leveled a bit in FFIX by killing Grand Dragons. Once you know it does only one of the attacks can even harm you. Some of the characters are very underleveled when you get everybody together with the ship and can pick from among your members. Then, and I blame @dunno001 for this I finally tried out Chocobo Hot and Cold which I proceeded to do for like 3 hours.
I would've finished Phantom Hourglass yesterday but in the room before the final boss Ceila let me choose to leave the temple to do sidequests and I got caught up in doing sidequests all day yesterday.
I know a lot of people don't really like Linebeck as a sidekick, but I gotta say, his character development was one of the most enjoyable parts of the game. Especially at the final battle.
Long story short: Tetra is saved, Linebeck is my friend, and the Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass was beaten, bringing my total systems covered to 8
> Then, and I blame @dunno001 for this I finally tried out Chocobo Hot
> and Cold which I proceeded to do for like 3 hours.
Which field did you spend the time on? I've got differing thoughts on all 3 of them. My clock for this game is a little over 80 hours. I have beaten it, but it's no exaggeration to say that half the clock is spent on this game. I kinda stopped playing when I bought everything I wanted, then maxed out at 99,999 points.
Man I need to finish a game here, feel almost lazy... But I just checked and I'm now active, within the last 2 weeks in like 10 games, with really only Astal near completion and if I can't deal with the glitched out final boss I'm not sure if I'll be able to complete it. I did beat Super Mario Land for Frank's GotM club, but sadly I had beat that ~4 months ago, so it's already counted on here <sigh> still sitting on 37 titles which is 2nd most so I guess I shouldn't be upset by that.
Huzzah - as Astal might say. I decided to give it the old college try again and after a few frustrations, was able to beat it. The final boss teleports around and whenever he summons this 1 attack my whole screen would glitch out blue, so I had to just understand and respect that so I could continue. It was certainly distracting as it was his primary attack and it would come in from either side of the screen, once the glitch cleared, and at different speeds. If I jumped over it I was still getting hit, so I had to grab it as it was about to hit me to avoid damage, I watched others simply jump over it so I'm not sure why that wouldn't work for me. He spawns these trees that you have to pick up and then you can't walk very fast while carrying them and you have to throw them at him. Well he's only vulnerable to getting hit by a thrown tree when he's still long enough to summon the attack that glitched out my screen, and he's easy to miss to the left/right. So obviously I had to be quick and hope I was lined up as when I hit the button to throw it I was seeing a fully blue screen. Thanks to save states I was able to hit him the 5+ times it takes and finished the game.
So Woot! That's my 16th console: Saturn, and 38th game: Astal It's also my 1st hopping and popping title I think, as you can jump on enemies to take them out, though you can punch or grab/toss them as well, so let me know @Antipop if you consider that Hoppin' & Boppin' or Pile Drivin' (which I already earned).
> |>> |>> I beat Wild Arms Guns Reloaded a couple days ago, has anyone else
>> |>> any
> |>> |>> clears? Haven't heard from forum stalwarts like @Scott, @GamersLyf, or @Frank
>> |>> in
> |>> |>> a little bit. And @natewearly907, you complete any Zeldas lately? @DragonmasterDX
> |>> |>> have you beaten whatever is on your Pokémon Mini handheld device? Anyone
> |>> rip
> |>> |>> through an game of any sort?
> |>> |>>
> |>> |>>
>> |>> I have not beaten anything on the mini, the only games I have are pokemon
> |>> mini
>> |>> (which is just minigames) and pokemon pinball mini, which I suppose will be
>> |>> on the list. I am very close to beating Phantom Hourglass, and if I do not
> |>> asleep
>> |>> I'll've killed Bellum by morn.
> |>> Man I've been wanting one of those minis. If I had one the only game I'd need
> |>> Pokémon Tetris!
>> Pokemon TETRIS looks fun, but I can't find it at a reasonable price...
> Same! It's a notable omission from my collection sadly. Someday!
Haven't been gaming much lately. We're getting our house remodeled and its been a nightmare plus work has been offering overtime which I can't turn down. I have a game pick out for the (my last system!!!). Its a hard cause its old platform game that I have yet to put any real effort into but maybe here soon
I was able to finally complete Oracle of Seasons on GBC.....my least favorite so far of the series, now almost done with Majora's Mask (N64). I think Oracle of Ages will be the last one i play through. I have been buying the systems and games as i go and its been a great push for me to get back into collecting. Just got back from vacation and need to get back at it. Lots to go!
I hope everyone is finding time to play. It's been hard with summer....ya know, getting outside! Its not nice here for very long out of the year.
My component cables from HD Retrovision came in today, so I decided to rip through Final Fight CD. Of all of the versions I've played, it is hands down the toughest and I failed after two attempts. I made it to Belger the second go round but was on my final life, so that fight was rather brief. Seems like you stop earning extra lives after you pass a million points, which really sucks. I'll have it beaten soon enough...
>> I'm in the home stretch of FFIX but taking a break until tomorrow. I played almost
>> all day today. Maybe... I might just fire it back up in like an hour. This is
> a true
>> classic jrpg.
> I'm feeling a Final Fantasy kick coming on and your hyping of IX is causing me to
> strongly consider it after finishing FF7 remake.
It's got pretty much everything I look for in the genre. Good combat system with interesting fights (being able to grind on a monster that gives you multiple levels the first fight by exploiting the combat system is hot), solid pacing etc... The mini games are nice too. Going to play Secret of Mana next.
I'll take my Destroy the Core badge now - just beat DonPachi on - crazy bullet hell game. It was an arcade port so it was meant to be nuts difficult to munch quarters. I used saves states liberally and while it about drove me nuts on the final 2 levels I'm really satisfied that I beat it. The slowdown of the Emulator helped some as well. I see they released it and I think it's sequel/predecessor DoDonPachi for the and so I might get the PS1 version of DoDonPachi to try on there and on my mini, though I'll want/need a controller with an analog stick, I used my X1 controller and that helped. Actually thinking on how much of a PITA the save states are to trigger on the PS1 mini I think I'll stick with my PC instead. Review will get posted on the Review thread. I beat a vertical shooter (DonPachi) and a horizontal one (Harmful Park) - both were frustrating at times, but also really fun.
> |>> @GamersLyf is still awesome! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
>> Especially that unsavory Gypsy character.
> I had just @'d you in RTT, so I decided to leave this mention up to interpretation.
> But yes, you're the son of a gun I was making direct reference to.
Sorry @Antipop but I would side with @Gypsy here... I don't really care for handheld consoles. The only games I have for them are Pokemon and Simpsons. Speaking of Pokemon, how about a 'Gotta Catch 'em All' badge? The only reason I voted against more badges before was to save you some work but I guess you like the work after looking at the badge list now lol
I finished CrossCode. Originally got the bad ending because I didn't talk to a specific character. Fortunately, this game doesn't punish you for missing something like that. It just let me start the last chapter over and I was able to skip everything the second time, even the boss. Now I just have to wait for them to release the post-game content.
I also finished Cinders, a manly visual novel. Both of these were on Switch.
@BloodPuppetX You obviously liked CrossCode enough to finish it, but could you share more info on it? Maybe review it on one of the 2 review threads? I thought it looked cool and started it ~2 months ago, but when I realized it was an RPG of many hours, I stopped, wasn't sure I wanted to invest that much time into it. Do you know how many hrs you played?
> @BloodPuppetX You obviously liked CrossCode enough to finish it, but could you share
> more info on it? Maybe review it on one of the 2 review threads? I thought it looked
> cool and started it ~2 months ago, but when I realized it was an RPG of many hours,
> I stopped, wasn't sure I wanted to invest that much time into it. Do you know how
> many hrs you played?
I played about 50 hours. I missed a lot of chests and there were a bunch of side quests I didn't complete. I had some issues with the game, but as you mentioned, I finished it. And that's enough for me to say that I like a game. CrossCode can be really tedious at times, and the dungeon puzzles can get a little too convoluted. You can enable an assist in the options that slows down the puzzles. I never would have finished a few of them (particularly the final puzzle) without it. So many of them require multi-tasking, switching between your different elements to move blocks and hit switches and crap. If not for YouTube and the pause button, I might not have finished the game either.
But other than the later dungeons being a slog for the reasons mentioned, I enjoyed everything else about the game.
>> Should we have a badge for casual games, like walking Sims, or odd ball games
>> untitled goose game?
> I'm personally not feeling either of those.
Perfectly fine, I mainly suggested that since once you added a bunch more badges I wanted to put all the games I beat into one of those categories to keep track and I ended up with a bunch that didn't maybe fully fit into any categories. Mainly 3rd person shooters like Gears (of War) 5, Splinter Cell Conviction, Division 2. But also I classified personally Portal 2, Q.U.B.E., Tacoma, and even Inside as Walk Sim/light action. Then I have Slay the Spire and UGG as Card/simple.
What about a Splinter Cell badge of the iconic 3 view goggles? That could include any stealth focused games like Thief, SC obviously, but also Inside, Hello Neighbor or others? Just food for thought, the badges certainly add to this thread and I'm glad you've made a bunch already.