VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   Find of the week

Y2k
400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (11) Canada
16-Nov-2001(#1)
This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/forum/VideoGame_Discussion/topic...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/find-week--...

Foxhack
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
14-Oct(#2)
image

... Well, these aren't mine. A friend ordered these and they were sent to my PO Box. This is as close as I'll ever get to one of them. :(
Porksta
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
14-Oct(#3)
Looks like his package got lost in the mail...

DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
14-Oct(#4)
I don't know what to tell you man, I didn't get the box. Don't know why tracking says it was delivered. Maybe it went to the wrong PO box...?
Foxhack
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
14-Oct(#5)
Porksta wrote:
> Looks like his package got lost in the mail...

Yeah I tried that when he got a Pokemon plushie I really liked.

It didn't go well. :p
DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
14-Oct(#6)
You're older and colder now. Time for him to learn that having things delivered to a PO box they don't control isn't a good idea.
CRAZY93NiS
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9)
14-Oct(#7)
picked up these at a parking lot sale $30

super mario 3d world wii u
hyrule warrios wii u
mario kart 8 wii u
zelda twilight princess hd sealed wii u
super smash bros wii u
pikmin 3 wii u
2x nerf super soaker hydro cannons
ps3 console no hook ups they said they didnt know it worked


KCPenguins
Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
14-Oct(#8)
Missile wrote:
> So instead of fumbling around in the back corner of the room desperately looking
> for 4 games that are both good and not 19.99 and up, i went to goodwill today....Fudge gamestop.
>


LOL, Pretending Goodwill, with all their often times grossly overpriced store overstock crap is any better than Gamestop. They're both crap.
Missile
Gold Good Trader
14-Oct(#9)
KCPenguins wrote:
> defending gamestop
lmao
SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
14-Oct(#10)
-- Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds (PC - base game only) $2
-- Grim Fandango (PC) $2
-- Paul Mitchell Cutting/Coloring DVDs (9 at $1 each. I've sold these over and over on eBay.)
-- The Office BBC Season 1 and 2 $1.50 for both (paired with the office season one scripts book I'm going to list for $30 or so)
-- Kanoodle $1

I buy every Kanoodle and Bananagrams for $1 each I find at Goodwill. Then I pair these up, toss in a few other brain games like story cubes and sell it as a gift pack on eBay.

You can take things that are valued almost worthless by today's standards and as long as their in excellent condition or new sell them as a large lot. I've done well selling a set of something and phrasing it as a unofficial collectors lot. I'm almost ready to sell one of these filled with Classic Sierra pc games on cds. Another huge lot is going to be pc game manuals spanning 90s to early 2ks.
KCPenguins
Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
14-Oct(#11)
Missile wrote:
> KCPenguins wrote:
>> defending gamestop
> lmao


KCPenguins wrote:
> LOL, Pretending Goodwill, with all their often times grossly overpriced store overstock
> crap is any better than Gamestop. They're both crap.


Wut?
FinalFantasyForever
Silver Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
14-Oct(#12)
I remember on Youtube a local girl found a CIB Earthbound for $5, maybe 7-8 years ago.
SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
15-Oct(#13)
Speaking of GameStop, if any of you ever see sell sheets like this, I'll trade or buy them:
https://www.ebay.com/i/253188899118
dunno001
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
15-Oct(#14)
Meh, the Goodwill in this area is crap. I've never seen any game there worth buying, and the floor for any game is $4.99. Wii and PSP start at $5.99, but the real kicker is a copy of Home Run for the 2600 for $14.99. Cart only. Rarity 2 on AtariAge.

At least the Salvation Army told me flat out they have a known reseller coming in on the morning of restocks. I'd love to see what they get in sometime...

TheNewKnightmare
GameTZ Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
15-Oct(#15)
image

Got this off of LetGo. Hadn't seen one before. Found some brackets at the Dollar Tree that fit perfectly that will allow me to hang it in my game room.
Antipop
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 11 Reviews
15-Oct(#16)
That's super cool.
FinalFantasyForever
Silver Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
15-Oct(#17)
SirConnery wrote:
> I spent about $50 at that HPB's sale. Some highlights:
>
> -- Wii Sports (complete, going with my Wii lot)
> -- Best of British: Aston Martin DVD
> -- Tremors Attack Pack Franchise Collection DVD
> -- Martial Angels DVD (cat burglar Asian women)
> -- Tokyo Raiders DVD
> -- The Black Hole DVD
> -- Turner Classic Movies Catalog 2010 (Huge catalog with movie descriptions)
> -- Pictorial History of Buddha in 2 volumes (chinese/english) (Decent resale)
> -- The BackSide of Satan (1973)
> -- Great Tales of Jewish Occult and Fantasy
> -- A few 1st edition signed copies of a female mystery author (I forget offhand,
> but likely nobody you're ever heard of. Niche market.)
> -- Nuns Without Guns (Graphic Novel)
> -- A Dummy's Guide to Danger (Graphic Novel)
> -- A Dealership Audi 2008 Book (hardcover, I forget which model offhand but these
> always sell pretty well for me. Not sold in stores, only given to sales employees
> or 'stolen' from the waiting room at a dealership. I haven't done it but I've found
> a few copies that have property of stickers inside the covers.)
> -- Huge heavy Scientology lecture sets (two sealed/new. "The Life Continuum" and
> "The Command of Theta".)
> -- Tina Fey's Bossypants
> -- Some Amy Poehler Book

I went over there and got a few misc books and then 4 copies of Wii Sports, all with the sleeve/manuals. Can't go wrong with $2 each for Wii Sports. They had at least 5 more there.
SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
15-Oct(#18)
I bought a white wiimote with wrist strap and glove, nunchuck for $7 Goodwill. That way I can sell my remaining two new Mario/Luigi Wiimote Plus separately.
Noid
Gold Good Trader
16-Oct(#19)
With yesterday being the final day of GameStop's impressive sale, I picked up four more video games originally priced at $9.99 for a grand total of $20.00. Adding those to what I already purchased from their sale, the total comes to twelve video games for a grand total of $50.00. The titles and their final prices are as follows.

For $2.25 apiece, I got...

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (Nintendo 3DS)
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! (Nintendo 3DS)
Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (Nintendo 3DS)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox 360)

...and for $4.50 apiece, I got...

Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (Nintendo 3DS)
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (Nintendo 3DS)
Mario Tennis Open (Nintendo 3DS)
One Piece: Romance Dawn (Nintendo 3DS)
One Piece Unlimited: World Red -- Day One Edition (Nintendo 3DS)
Project X Zone (Nintendo 3DS)
Super Monkey Ball 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
Tetris Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS)
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews
16-Oct(#20)
I went to gs yesterday, they had a few things, but nothing I thought would be in demand for anyone here or that I would play

FinalFantasyForever
Silver Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
16-Oct(#21)
So I haven't shopped at Gamestop (physical location) in years, do those sales require the rewards card they have or does that just mean if you have one, you get a bigger discount?
Dashey
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
16-Oct(#22)
FinalFantasyForever wrote:
> So I haven't shopped at Gamestop (physical location) in years, do those sales require
> the rewards card they have or does that just mean if you have one, you get a bigger
> discount?

Those prices doesn't need the card. You'll get a bigger discount if you get one.


Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
16-Oct(#23)
Noid wrote:
> With yesterday being the final day of GameStop's impressive sale, I picked up four
> more video games originally priced at $9.99 for a grand total of $20.00. Adding those
> to what I already purchased from their sale, the total comes to twelve video games
> for a grand total of $50.00. The titles and their final prices are as follows.
>
> For $2.25 apiece, I got...
>
> Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (Nintendo
> 3DS)
> Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! (Nintendo
> 3DS)
> Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (Nintendo 3DS)
> Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox 360)
>
> ...and for $4.50 apiece, I got...
>
> Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (Nintendo 3DS)
> Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven (Nintendo 3DS)
> Mario Tennis Open (Nintendo 3DS)
> One Piece: Romance Dawn (Nintendo 3DS)
> One Piece Unlimited: World Red -- Day One Edition (Nintendo 3DS)
> Project X Zone (Nintendo 3DS)
> Super Monkey Ball 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
> Tetris Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS)

Nice pickups yes I scoured the 3DS games list on their website, and just couldn't find enough good titles $10 or less however...


FinalFantasyForever wrote:
> So I haven't shopped at Gamestop (physical location) in years, do those sales require
> the rewards card they have or does that just mean if you have one, you get a bigger
> discount?

You get the advertised prices if you don't have the card (4 for $10, etc.).

With the card, you get another 10% off of that. So 4 for $10 actually becomes 4 for $9...4 for $40 becomes 4 for $36.
Noid
Gold Good Trader
16-Oct(#24)
That's just the sale they had going on for any Tom, Dick, or Harry that walked through their door. If you had their Power Up Rewards card, an additional 10% would also be discounted. So, I guess I paid somewhere closer to the neighborhood of $45.00. smiley:::smile
FinalFantasyForever
Silver Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
16-Oct(#25)
Ah okay. I'll have to start shopping locally at Gamestops then when these deals crop up again.
lpeters82
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (9 minutes ago)
* 16-Oct(#26)
TheNewKnightmare wrote:
> {imgt}https://i.imgur.com/bdcm39T.jpg 540 405{imgt}
>
> Got this off of LetGo. Hadn't seen one before. Found some brackets at the Dollar
> Tree that fit perfectly that will allow me to hang it in my game room.

Wow...I like that a lot. Perfect wall hanger for a game room. I might actually look for some old skateboard decks and pay an artist to create some custom artwork on them.
TheNewKnightmare
GameTZ Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 16-Oct(#27)
lpeters82 wrote:
> TheNewKnightmare wrote:
>> {imgt}https://i.imgur.com/bdcm39T.jpg 540 405{imgt}
>>
>> Got this off of LetGo. Hadn't seen one before. Found some brackets at the Dollar
>> Tree that fit perfectly that will allow me to hang it in my game room.
>
> Wow...I like that a lot. Perfect wall hanger for a game room.

Thanks! I got it up last night. Those brackets worked perfectly. It cleaned up really well, too!

image
Sid_Ceaser
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 6 Reviews
16-Oct(#28)
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

I saw a Bushido Blade players guide yesterday for $1 that I picked up and then decided not to get and put it back down.





CRAZY93NiS
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9)
* 16-Oct(#29)
i finally got the elite membeship for gamestop, i traded a wireless xbox 360 controller to gamestop, they gave me $18 for it

tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews
* 16-Oct(#30)
Sid_Ceaser wrote:
> "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly
> cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."
>
> I saw a Bushido Blade players guide yesterday for $1 that I picked up and then decided
> not to get and put it back down.
>
>
>
>
>
>
sick, I still like guides and have many im looking for but I hate paying a lot for them unless they are some of the really rare or hard to get ones. hard to make myself pay a ton for more common ones.

Cyco2oo4
Triple Gold Good Trader
17-Oct(#31)
Found a Kapa Continental guitar at Goodwill today. Wasn't in the best condition, though. Strings wouldve needed to be replaced, metal parts needed polishing, and the wood was starting to split a little. Of course they wanted $100. Probably could double my money on it but I passed.
Cyco2oo4
Triple Gold Good Trader
18-Oct(#32)
Goodwill:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Laserdisc - $0.99
Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii Complete - $3.99
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team 3DS Cart only - $3.99
CRAZY93NiS
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9)
18-Oct(#33)
picked up silent hill for the wii $3
wii drums $1
crash banicoot ps1 for $3 at thirft store

Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
19-Oct(#34)
yes I love finding slightly obscure, slightly quality, slightly uncommon Wii titles in the wild...
Xplict91
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 19-Oct(#35)
image

these came in this week $50
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews
19-Oct(#36)
wooooow. even bucky alone for that would have been sweet.

SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
19-Oct(#37)
I bought a triple feature blu-ray for $3 (Goonies/Gremlins/Gremlins 2)
MentalVortex
Silver Good Trader
20-Oct(#38)
Watched eBay all day and finally landed a deal on a new Nintendo Switch (minus the box) with Mario Kart for $265 shipped. Also made $20 in eBay bucks in the process. Pretty good if I say so myself.
Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
20-Oct(#39)
SirConnery wrote:
> I bought a triple feature blu-ray for $3 (Goonies/Gremlins/Gremlins 2)

There MUST have been a better choice than Gremlins 2 for them to put on there...

Can't think of one. But there MUST have been one. Noice little set there though
Sid_Ceaser
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 6 Reviews
20-Oct(#40)
Admiral wrote:

>
> There MUST have been a better choice than Gremlins 2 for them to put on there...
>
> Can't think of one. But there MUST have been one. Noice little set there though


Ha ha ha, yeah. For as good as Gremlins is, Gremlins 2 is such a mess. I remember being really disappointed when seeing it in the theater as a kid.




Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
20-Oct(#41)
Same here!!! We were kids, and walked out of the theatre super pissed about it.
Sid_Ceaser
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 6 Reviews
20-Oct(#42)
The first Gremlins is part of what I call the "Holy G Trinity of the 1980's":

Goonies
Gremlins
Ghostbusters

Gremlins2 and Ghostbusters2 I pretend don't exist. Such bad sequels.



DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews
20-Oct(#43)
Sid_Ceaser wrote:
> The first Gremlins is part of what I call the "Holy G Trinity of the 1980's":
>
> Goonies
> Gremlins
> Ghostbusters
>
> Gremlins2 and Ghostbusters2 I pretend don't exist. Such bad sequels.
>

What about Goonies II!

Sid_Ceaser
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 6 Reviews
* 20-Oct(#44)
DefaultGen wrote:
> Sid_Ceaser wrote:
>> The first Gremlins is part of what I call the "Holy G Trinity of the 1980's":
>>
>> Goonies
>> Gremlins
>> Ghostbusters
>>
>> Gremlins2 and Ghostbusters2 I pretend don't exist. Such bad sequels.
>>
>
> What about Goonies II!
>
>



image


Cyco2oo4
Triple Gold Good Trader
20-Oct(#45)
Had a great find today at Goodwill. Found these in a hidden stack of Gamecube games near the back room:

Pikmin (Complete)
Pikmin 2 (Complete)

Both were marked $2.99 each, but the guy at the cash register that I always say hi to really took care of me. He rang up a "children's book" for 0.98, so I got both games for a buck and some change. I left some common games behind, like Tony Hawk's Underground and Top Gun.
Indy1988
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 21 Reviews
20-Oct(#46)
dunno001 wrote:
> Meh, the Goodwill in this area is crap. I've never seen any game there worth buying,
> and the floor for any game is $4.99. Wii and PSP start at $5.99, but the real kicker
> is a copy of Home Run for the 2600 for $14.99. Cart only. Rarity 2 on AtariAge.
>
> At least the Salvation Army told me flat out they have a known reseller coming in
> on the morning of restocks. I'd love to see what they get in sometime...
>
>

So's the Salvation Armys where I live. I just found out my local one's started putting games far away near the jewelry counter, and of course they want too much for the better games. Scribblenauts Unlimited for $10? New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $13? Are you serious? I felt like talking to a manager to complain that this is a non-profit organization, not Ebay. Either someone's being derp enough to drive the prices or they're having reseller pests.
Noid
Gold Good Trader
* 20-Oct(#47)
Just for the record, I love Gremlins and Gremlins 2: The New Batch love

image
FinalFantasyForever
Silver Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
20-Oct(#48)
Indy1988 wrote:
> dunno001 wrote:
>> Meh, the Goodwill in this area is crap. I've never seen any game there worth buying,
>> and the floor for any game is $4.99. Wii and PSP start at $5.99, but the real
> kicker
>> is a copy of Home Run for the 2600 for $14.99. Cart only. Rarity 2 on AtariAge.
>>
>> At least the Salvation Army told me flat out they have a known reseller coming
> in
>> on the morning of restocks. I'd love to see what they get in sometime...
>>
>>
>
> So's the Salvation Armys where I live. I just found out my local one's started putting
> games far away near the jewelry counter, and of course they want too much for the
> better games. Scribblenauts Unlimited for $10? New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $13?
> Are you serious? I felt like talking to a manager to complain that this is a non-profit
> organization, not Ebay. Either someone's being derp enough to drive the prices or
> they're having reseller pests.

Doesn't matter if they are non-profit or for-profit. They take in donations, can charge what they want for a given item. It goes back to them in terms of employee wages, store up-keep, or their organization.
SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
20-Oct(#49)
So all the goodwill stores here moved to a system where half off a color normally Sunday/Monday is all week now.
Porksta
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
20-Oct(#50)
SirConnery wrote:
> So all the goodwill stores here moved to a system where half off a color normally
> Sunday/Monday is all week now.
I was excited for this, but then I quickly realized they stopped using random colors when pricing. So the stuff half off is always a few weeks old. Now some furniture uses either white tags (which are never half off), or furniture tags.

FinalFantasyForever
Silver Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
20-Oct(#51)
The way it worked is that there would be a cycle of colors, let's say:

Pink, Yellow, Green, Blue, Orange.

Each week is a different color tag that is used for pricing new items.

Example week: Pink.
Tag sale color: Orange. Usually it's the oldest in the cycle so it takes a month to get back to the sale color etc
CRAZY93NiS
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9)
21-Oct(#52)
Just picked this up for $25

Haven't gone through it yet but I did see Mario Kart 64 in there

image

Cyco2oo4
Triple Gold Good Trader
21-Oct(#53)
I picked up a few DVDs today, if anyone is interested in any let me know.

Mario Bros Super Show: Mario Spellbound
Mario Bros Super Show: Koopa's Stone Age Quests (this one has some scratching but I'm planning on resurfacing it)
Transformers Season 2 Part 2 (4 discs)
TMNT Season 4 (5 discs)

And these anime DVDs:

Akira
Hellsing: Blood Brothers
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
The Devil Lady: Volume 1 - The Awakening
CRAZY93NiS
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9)
21-Oct(#54)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqFPCULlza8

i did a video on what was inside of the basket.

Cyco2oo4
Triple Gold Good Trader
21-Oct(#55)
CRAZY93NiS wrote:
>
> i did a video on what was inside of the basket.
>
>

Great find for $25. Lots of great games in there.
Porksta
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
21-Oct(#56)
NES bundle and a new and sealed Tiger R-Zone (Batman) for about $115.

Noid
Gold Good Trader
21-Oct(#57)
Porksta wrote:
> NES bundle and a new and sealed Tiger R-Zone (Batman) for about $115.
>
>

What're some of those brand:::Nintendo Entertainment System titles? smiley:::smile
Porksta
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
21-Oct(#58)
Nothing exciting:

Console w/ cords
Two controllers
Turbo Touch 360 controller

Commando
Base Wars
Street Fight 2010
Metroid
Werewolf
The Punisher
Battletoads

Spent more than I wanted to, especially if the system needs a new pin. But it was an auction and I had to establish dominance over the other guy.

Colourshaper
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
21-Oct(#59)
Guy posted an ad locally asking "5-15 bucks each; make me an offer". I offered him 80 for the lot and he took it.

Everything's complete and in good shape; only items that are missing are the games for Sonic and Mario Advance 4 (damn) and the manual for Zelda classic. Everything's available.

image
videogameman4
Silver Good Trader
22-Oct(#60)
I just purchased this item at Ross for $7.99 plus tax after seeing this in the following YouTube video (23 minute mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKTNbAMc5as

Ross Store website: https://www.rossstores.com

FinalFantasyForever
Silver Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
22-Oct(#61)
PIcked up what?
videogameman4
Silver Good Trader
22-Oct(#62)
Super Mario Bros. 3 Holographic Picture Frame. In the YouTube video, what I bought is shown at the 23 minute mark.
FinalFantasyForever
Silver Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
22-Oct(#63)
Oh cool. I have one close by, I'll have to check sometime. That does look sweet
Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
* 22-Oct(#64)
yes Did your Ross store have alot of them?
videogameman4
Silver Good Trader
22-Oct(#65)
I only saw one of them (along with a Captan America vs. Iron Man Holographic Frame, and one with Flash).
SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
23-Oct(#66)
I'm hitting up a ross tomorrow to see if they have any.
Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
23-Oct(#67)
Me too. If I find extra, does anyone want one? Shipping might kill the deal though...
Cyco2oo4
Triple Gold Good Trader
23-Oct(#68)
I have a Ross down the street from me. Since I have the day off, I'm going to go on a Goodwill road trip. I'll stop there first and see if they have any. Last place I expected to find something that cool, that's for sure.
Sun
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
23-Oct(#69)
I went to PRGE this past weekend. PRGE = Portland Retro Gaming Expo (http://retrogamingexpo.com/). If you could virtually neg vendors, I'm sure most of you would. Complete copies of Earthbound for $850+, and tons of mark-up on all retro games. I didn't pick up anything, though thought about buying a Mother 3 GBA repro.

Overall, it's a fun event with lots of marked up games, but some good deals as well. My buddy was looking for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360) and was able to find a complete copy for $9.
Porksta
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
* 23-Oct(#70)
I went to a few pawn shops on my way to the auction this weekend. Had the same problem. Going to pawn shops in TX and NC I had high hopes. I can get Blus 3/$10 if not less. Pawn shops here seem to start their prices at $5 with no bundle deals. $25 for cart only Shin Megami Tensei IV? Best deal I saw was an SNES and 19 games for $200 (best game was TMNT IV). I asked if they could do any better but they said no because you don't see too many SNES these days.

Went to another pawn shop that was selling a grey N64 controller for $30. I actually had (a blue one) in my car so I asked how much I could get for it (if they sell for $30 I figured my blue one would get me $15-$20). Guy told me probably not much since they aren't worth a lot. Well... apparently they are worth $30...

tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews
23-Oct(#71)
the game "craze" is so hot right now and everyone having ebay in their pocket makes it a lot harder to get deals at places like that now. i used to be able to get stuff in the ps2 era for great deals at pawn shops and stuff but now they just whip out their phones and check ebay/amazon.

Cyco2oo4
Triple Gold Good Trader
* 23-Oct(#72)
tonymack21 wrote:
> the game "craze" is so hot right now and everyone having ebay in their pocket makes
> it a lot harder to get deals at places like that now. i used to be able to get stuff
> in the ps2 era for great deals at pawn shops and stuff but now they just whip out
> their phones and check ebay/amazon.
>
>

Exactly. We have that advantage where we can spot a rare game from a mile away, though. Like the other day when I found those Gamecube games on that rack. Someone else was looking through them but I spotted a glimpse of the Pikmin cover, so I grabbed that. After I picked it up, right under it I got a glimpse of another Pikmin game, which I knew had to be Pikmin 2. Got them both for $1! But yeah, your are exactly right with the eBay/Amazon thing. I do it sometimes with non gaming stuff, but I like to walk away from the item that I am researching and kind of do it on the down low. I hate the people who do it blatantly, like the guys who go through books scanning every single one.

Edit: No luck on finding the Mario Bros 3 picture at Ross smiley:::frown
Scorch
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews
* 23-Oct(#73)
I really miss this being a (generally) affordable hobby. Hoping for another crash soon tbh but I can't see one happening unless the economy itself crashes. I don't hunt nearly as much as I did 5-10 years ago but now everyone thinks their NES with the ultra rare Mario 3 is worth $200 I can't believe people find deals anymore
FinalFantasyForever
Silver Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
23-Oct(#74)
No Super MARIO 3 picture at Ross West Allis, WI
Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
23-Oct(#75)
Ditto. No Super Mario 3, although they did have Batman, Yoda, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Bob Marley, and a couple of others....didn't grab them though. They looked cheesier than Mario did.
SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
23-Oct(#76)
FinalFantasyForever wrote:
> No Super MARIO 3 picture at Ross West Allis, WI

None at Brown Deer. Just Star Wars.
Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
23-Oct(#77)
Did you like the Star Wars ones? I thought they looked cheap smiley:::wry smile
KCPenguins
Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
23-Oct(#78)
Scorch wrote:
> I really miss this being a (generally) affordable hobby. Hoping for another crash
> soon tbh but I can't see one happening unless the economy itself crashes. I don't
> hunt nearly as much as I did 5-10 years ago but now everyone thinks their NES with
> the ultra rare Mario 3 is worth $200 I can't believe people find deals anymore


I mostly quit hunting 6-7 years ago. Smartphones, eBay and the internet in general killed this hobby.
SirConnery
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
23-Oct(#79)
They looked like crap.
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews
24-Oct(#80)
Sun wrote:
> I went to PRGE this past weekend. PRGE = Portland Retro Gaming Expo (http://retrogamingexpo.com/).
> If you could virtually neg vendors, I'm sure most of you would. Complete copies
> of Earthbound for $850+, and tons of mark-up on all retro games.

I heard vendors were scalping a charity NES homebrew being sold at the event. Sounds like some of them needed negatives!

Topic   Find of the week