VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   HALO INFINITE THREAD (REVIEWS ARE IN: GAME OF THE YEAR)

Reed
450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 15-Nov(#1)
I'm about 10 games in.

It's really good and it fudging should be after 6 years of development.
Sid_Ceaser
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 6 Reviews
16-Nov(#2)
Downloaded last night. Hoping to play a little this morning before I head to work.


Scott
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews
16-Nov(#3)
Played a few rounds last night but couldn't get into it. I'm just not getting that classic Halo feel that so many others seems to be getting from it. It still feels very different from 2/3 to me, just like Reach, 4, and 5 did (although, not nearly as bad as Reach).
SwiftJAB
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
16-Nov(#4)
I played a few matches yesterday and I like it for the most part. I haven't played any Halo PvP in years, so I'm terrible right now. Practicing the new mechanics and learning the maps are going to be my first priority. Hopefully I feel like I can hang a bit more once I've got the hang of sliding and the grapple.

I hear that the battle pass progression is terrible right now. People have spent hours playing only to have increased by a level or two. I recently played a single match of Fortnite and went up 7 levels in a single match.

Sid_Ceaser
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 6 Reviews
* 16-Nov(#5)
It feels much faster than previous Halo MP. I'm totally digging that sling cable. I was using that in the practice area with the bots. The bots were kicking my ass.

I've played a few rounds online. I need to configure my button layout and things might improve. I've been playing a mess of Apex Legends lately so I'm in culture shock playing this compared to that. Shooting in Apex feels so natural. Shooting in Halo feels ... not so much.

How do you pick the color of your Spartan? This dull grey look is horrible. Why can't I just pick a color from the start? What?

Edit - oh gross: you can't pick custom colors you can only get shaders like in Destiny. And you have to earn them rather than being able to customize your color from the get go.

Ewwwwww. That's gross. Already off to a bad start 343.





Reed
450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 17-Nov(#6)
The sound in this game is...incredible. The best sound effects/music I've ever experienced in a FPS. The dramatic music slowly building as the round nears its end gives me goosebumps. I also love having your own personal AI. They have work to do, but the foundation is in, all other FPS will bow down to Halo this winter.
Scott
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews
17-Nov(#7)
I did notice the sound was particularly good. What controller layout are you using Reed?
Sid_Ceaser
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 6 Reviews
17-Nov(#8)

I do like the more military style "pops" that the guns make.

I did find that you can at least change the basic color of your Spartan in the armor section. I've always had an orange spartan with a number 5. At first I thought this game was going to wreck that tradition, but luckily I found how to do it. Now I'm not as worried about all the extra armor things. I got my orange. I got my 5. I've got a robotic arm. I'm cool.


This feels more like Halo 2/3/Reach and less like 4/5. It's growing on me.

The ranking system is garbage though. 20-something matches and I barely made rank 2.



Reed
450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
17-Nov(#9)
Scott wrote:
> I did notice the sound was particularly good. What controller layout are you using
> Reed?

Bumper Jumper. There is no other way!
Reed
450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
17-Nov(#10)
Sid_Ceaser wrote:
>
> I do like the more military style "pops" that the guns make.
>
> I did find that you can at least change the basic color of your Spartan in the armor
> section. I've always had an orange spartan with a number 5. At first I thought
> this game was going to wreck that tradition, but luckily I found how to do it.
> Now I'm not as worried about all the extra armor things. I got my orange. I got
> my 5. I've got a robotic arm. I'm cool.
>
>
> This feels more like Halo 2/3/Reach and less like 4/5. It's growing on me.
>
> The ranking system is garbage though. 20-something matches and I barely made rank
> 2.
>
>
>
>

There's a lot of changes on the way, they are going to be overhauling the ranking system for sure. They released an article a couple days ago they acknowledges a lot of complaints and that they are working to fix them.
Scott
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews
24-Nov(#11)
I gave it another shot last night. This time I customized my button layout to make it as close to Halo 3 as I could. I liked it a lot better this time now that I was actually hitting the right buttons consistently! I am getting more of that classic Halo feel now. But, it still feels quite different at the same time.

Is it just in my head, or does it take less damage to kill you in this one? I feel like I'm dying much faster than I did in Halo 2/3.

I don't care for how the non-power weapons are placed throughout the map. Maybe I just need to get used to it, but I just have trouble seeing the weapon boxes on the wall, and even if I see them, I have to get pretty close to figure out if the weapon is actually there or not. I preferred how in older Halo games, the weapons were just sitting out in the open for you to grab.

I really just want to play 4v4 slayer matches, but I keep getting thrown into objective matches.
DCGX
GameTZ Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (11) Has Written 56 Reviews
24-Nov(#12)
Is anyone else playing with a controller and having trouble moving and aiming? I'm playing on Series X, and it all feels so slow. I'm having trouble just getting people in my sights, let alone hitting them. None of the settings changes I've done have felt right.

Sid_Ceaser
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 6 Reviews
24-Nov(#13)
I've put about sixty matches in multiplayer so far; a mix of mostly human matchmaking and some of the bot games.

I also have a group and we did some large custom matches to test out all the weapons and maps.

On those custom matches, we had the bots set to the 2nd easiest and they put up a good fight, even winning one match. In one game I was watching them move as a group. It was really impressive to watch. I have a feeling that setting the bots to ODST or Spartan will be us getting slaughtered.

The new weapons suck basically. The mangler is ok and the shotgun that lets you swap the reticule from horizontal to vertical is interesting ,but overall the weapons feel pretty lame.

I'm not attracted to any of the maps so far. They feel bland.

I tried to really get into Halo 4 and Halo 5 MP, but never could. I was heavily into 2 and 3 MP and this feels more like that with some 4/5 mixed in.

It's ironic that 343 spend over a decade basically retracing Bungie's steps to get to a MP that feels like MP from 2/3.

I love the grappling hook.

I kinda wish they'd just let me buy pieces of armor for like $1 each or something.



Sid_Ceaser
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 6 Reviews
24-Nov(#14)
DCGX wrote:
> Is anyone else playing with a controller and having trouble moving and aiming? I'm
> playing on Series X, and it all feels so slow. I'm having trouble just getting people
> in my sights, let alone hitting them. None of the settings changes I've done have
> felt right.
>
>


Customize the control. I spend hours making my own button layout and then spending hours in the training area learning the layout.

And crank your stick sensitivity all the way up and then scale down from that.




Scott
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews
24-Nov(#15)
Sid_Ceaser wrote:
> The new weapons suck basically. The mangler is ok and the shotgun that lets you
> swap the reticule from horizontal to vertical is interesting ,but overall the weapons
> feel pretty lame.

Yeah, I've only played a little bit, but I've been very unimpressed by the new weapons so far.

> I'm not attracted to any of the maps so far. They feel bland.

Same. They're all to convoluted, with tons of little paths going this way and that. We need some good symmetrical, small-to-mid size maps like Construct, The Pit, Narrows, etc.

> I tried to really get into Halo 4 and Halo 5 MP, but never could. I was heavily
> into 2 and 3 MP and this feels more like that with some 4/5 mixed in.

Same here, and I agree.
DCGX
GameTZ Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (11) Has Written 56 Reviews
25-Nov(#16)
Sid_Ceaser wrote:
> DCGX wrote:
>> Is anyone else playing with a controller and having trouble moving and aiming?
> I'm
>> playing on Series X, and it all feels so slow. I'm having trouble just getting
> people
>> in my sights, let alone hitting them. None of the settings changes I've done have
>> felt right.
>>
>>
>
>
> Customize the control. I spend hours making my own button layout and then spending
> hours in the training area learning the layout.
>
> And crank your stick sensitivity all the way up and then scale down from that.

Yeah, that's what I was already doing and couldn't find a combo that was very responsive. 'Halo' always felt right out of the box, so I don't know why they mess it up so bad.

SwiftJAB
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
30-Nov(#18)
Looking forward to it! I'll probably hold out on playing the campaign until online co-op is available. I want to experience the joys of saving the human race with my bros.

DCGX
GameTZ Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (11) Has Written 56 Reviews
1-Dec(#19)
You'll be waiting awhile then.

SwiftJAB
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
1-Dec(#20)
Maybe, but probably not as long as I've been waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 to get a next gen patch on the Series X.

DCGX
GameTZ Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (11) Has Written 56 Reviews
1-Dec(#21)
I don't know why someone negged me. Co-op was pushed into next year. That's just what happened.

Back to multiplayer, the Battle Passes are not included if you bought the game retail, correct? I feel like they should be. At least for a little while.

Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago) Secret Santa
1-Dec(#22)
DCGX wrote:
> I don't know why someone negged me. Co-op was pushed into next year. That's just
> what happened.
>
>
>
>

It was probably our resident Halo Shill, @Reed
Reed
450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Dec(#23)
Kommie wrote:
> DCGX wrote:
>> I don't know why someone negged me. Co-op was pushed into next year. That's just
>> what happened.
>>
>>
>>
> |>
>
> It was probably our resident Halo Shill, @Reed

Negative. Negged.
Scott
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews
2-Dec(#24)
If you're like me (old, limited game time) and having trouble getting a feel for all the weapons, check out this video. I found it to be very helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW_B2x5TAJc
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago) Secret Santa
5-Dec(#25)
I hear the monetization in this is awful, but that's modern online games these days.
Reed
450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
5-Dec(#26)
Kommie wrote:
> I hear the monetization in this is awful, but that's modern online games these days.

Monetization is only in buying different armor or skipping levels that earn you armor, not really that big of a deal, it's not play to win or bullcrap like that.
Reed
450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
8-Dec(#27)
Campaign pretty good so far!
DCGX
GameTZ Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (11) Has Written 56 Reviews
9-Dec(#28)
Bah. I hoping to play a little tomorrow, but won't really have time until Saturday.

Sid_Ceaser
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 6 Reviews
9-Dec(#29)
I picked up a physical copy at Best Buy with the free steelbook. I'm going to put it under the Christmas tree.


For those that have a physical copy - is it true the game isn't really on the disc? It's just a DRM check? Do I have to download the whole campaign online?




DCGX
GameTZ Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (11) Has Written 56 Reviews
11-Dec(#30)
I played a Big Team Battle match last night, and the controls felt much, much better. 343 definitely tweaked something. That said, I'm still woefully rusty. I also don't know the maps or gun placement yet. The map I played on last night, the opposing team got two of the single-pilot jets and it was basically like shooting fish in a barrel. Those things just didn't go down and the match wasn't close.

I still haven't started the campaign. My hope was to play some last night and today, but it isn't happening so far.

Reed
450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
11-Dec(#31)
I'm a few hours into the campaign, lots of hours into MP

I'll make a quick statement...

This is the greatest Halo game of all time, nostalgic aside.

It's the Halo we all know and love thrown into an open world environment that is fun to explore, collect, and kill. The exploration reminds me of a Skyrim/BotW hybrid but you're also a gun wielding Spider-Man with the new equipment device. Combat doesn't feel old or boring due to high variety of combatants, the guns are fun. The story is pretty good so far, the sound/music is the best in any game I've ever heard, the MP is also great and the issues are fixable.

Game of the year.
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago) Secret Santa
11-Dec(#32)
I'm so shocked that the community Halo Shill thinks the newest Halo is the best Halo ever and considers it GotY. Seriously, I'm so shocked right now.
Scott
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews
11-Dec(#33)
Reed wrote:
> This is the greatest Halo game of all time, nostalgic aside.

Do you just mean when comparing the campaigns, or are you including MP as well?
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
11-Dec(#34)
Kommie wrote:
> I'm so shocked that the community Halo Shill thinks the newest Halo is the best Halo
> ever and considers it GotY. Seriously, I'm so shocked right now.
>

I had to plus and now lol...


I am downloading it right now. Not holding my breath but I am hoping the single player is good because it's been dog crap for awhile. Thank you Gamepass. FYI, I am really hoping it's good.



WithinTemptation
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
12-Dec(#35)
Sid_Ceaser wrote:
> I picked up a physical copy at Best Buy with the free steelbook. I'm going to put
> it under the Christmas tree.
>
>
> For those that have a physical copy - is it true the game isn't really on the disc?
> It's just a DRM check? Do I have to download the whole campaign online?
>
>
>
>
>

Yes
Scott
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews
14-Dec(#36)
Updates! https://www.halowaypoint.com/news/halo-infinite-pl...

Team slayer, free for all, and SWAT! Plus Fiesta is coming back.

Topic   HALO INFINITE THREAD (REVIEWS ARE IN: GAME OF THE YEAR)