Welcome to The GameTZ Game Club! This is my attempt at forming an easy to get into book club type thing, but with games! Anybody and everybody is welcome to join in on the fun!
Rules are simple
- Each month a random game will be chosen, by myself, for the club to play. Games can vary from the beginning of gaming onward to current generation platforms. There's no limitations!
- You have from the 1st of every month to 11:59PM EST of the final day to complete the designated game. 100% completion isn't required. The point of the club is to provoke game discussion, as well as give GameTZ veterans and new users a place to mingle!]
- For every game completed, post a picture as proof of your completion Example. This is essential in order to receive your badge and entry to the monthly raffle.
- You will be awarded with a badge each month you complete the game. All badges will be proudly displayed next to your name in the original post. As long as you "roll credits" the game is considered beaten!
- Some months will feature prizes! Every user to complete the game each month will be thrown into a drawing to win prizes! Users will be assigned a number and users will be randomly generated at some point the following month.
- Each month's prizes will vary. Prizes will be given out by either me or another member. Sometimes physical, sometimes digital. If you would like to contribute, drop me a message.
- If you don't own the game, and you have access to it on another platform, you're welcome to play it that way. Just make sure that it's the same version, to qualify for the prize or badge.
- If you do not want to participate in the games, but would like to join in on the conversations, please do!
- If you would like to join, just post here, and I'll add you to the list of users. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or criticism, please don't hesitate to post them!
April 2020: Last of Us image March 2020: Shovel Knight image February 2020: Portal 2 image December 2019: Outer Worlds image November 2019: Yooka-Laylee image October 2019: Resident Evil 2 (2019) image September 2019: Doom image August 2019: Steamworld Dig image July 2019: Journey image June 2019: Super Mario RPG image May 2019: Borderlands image April 2019: Adventure Island image
This is awesome because I really wanted to do another playthrough of TLoU right before TLoU2 came out, so I am really going to enjoy playing it again, especially on a PS4 Pro the gameplay should be pretty seamless.
Not sure if I'll have the time to get through Shovel Knight this month, things have gone a bit crazy lately. Looking forward to giving TLoU a play next month. It'll be my first time. Thanks to PS+, I've already got it.
> @Frank I also plan to play King of Cards after this. I might get to Plague of Shadows
> at some point, but it doesn't interest me nearly as much.
The gameplay of King of Cards looks more fun honestly. My whole playthrough of Shovel Knight it reminded me of the GBC Wario Land games. I tried King Knight out yesterday, just to see how it felt, and his dash is very similar to Wario's,
I find it amusing that Shovel Knight reminded me of Wario Land, and then one of the additional campaigns is even more like it
> Sweet. Should plat Nioh 2 in next two days then onto TLoU gonna go for the OG plat
> if the online stuff is still possible.
I thought they pulled the servers for uncharted and TLoU ps3 versions some time last fall. They were giving the dlc away for free so all could play before the closure. But you never know, ive seen servers stay up months and years past the posted closure dates.
There are 3-4 skill checks once you get to hard and above that can be really frustrating. Huge difficulty spikes with attempt taking 30-60 mins if fails. Aside from those few scenarios it's still quite stressful because you constantly have no supplies etc. The true experience is definitely meant to be hard plus IMHO.
Started this last night, not bad, didn't expect the opening sequence with the younger Joel, then spending more time with non-Ellie characters over the first few areas. But so far I'm liking it and will try to finish it this month.
Either melee is just OP or the guns are not so great. I'm thinking it's melee is the way to go. Most of my grounded play through was bricks and boards- now that I have plenty of ammunition- using guns and bows sucks. The Molotovs are OP as well.
> I am guessing you've never played it? You're in for a treat.
Correct, I picked it up in a trade on here a while back, but my PS3 has criminally been underutilized since I bought it. I was a 360 owner for that generation but was interested in a dozen + exclusives for the PS3 so I eventually got one maybe a year before the next gen dropped, then didn't play on it really. My only exposure to The Last of Us was seeing info about it online, thus figured Ellie was with you 95%+ of the time.
Well enjoy! It's a fantastic story! I am not sure if I'm gonna get to it this month. With quarantine my TV/game systems are being consumed by my son. Even if he isn't playing it he wants something on. To avoid an autistic meltdown I oblige him.
I'm about 3 hours in. I'm still not sure if I am in new game + or not. There was no mention of new game plus, although it shows I completed the game before. I have all my upgrades from my other playthrough years ago though.