VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   PlayStation 5 Discussion Thread

Frank
GameTZ Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) Has Written 11 Reviews Secret Santa
11-Jun-2020(#1)
This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/playstation...








































Let's discuss Sony's latest console, the PlayStation 5!


Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
* 20-Mar(#2)
I have a 10 ft long cord I got for like 5$ on Amazon. It's amazing how low profile it is there on the floor.

2 Pack 10FT Charger Charging Cable for PS5 Controller/for Xbox Series X/for Xbox Series S Controller, Replacement USB C Cord Nylon Braided Type-C Ports Accessories for Nintendo Swith https://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&lo...
WithinTemptation
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
20-Mar(#3)
3hitcombo wrote:
> Feeb wrote:
>> I've never understood wireless video game controller- y'all running some laps
> while
>> playing? I'm stationary on the couch- get a cord.
>
> My TV is big and far away from me......what are you playing right up against your screen
> like an 8 year old???
>
>

Yes, I use my PC monitor. I just have a USB cord plugged into my PC and it keeps them charged as I play.
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
20-Mar(#4)
just plug your phone charger in by the couch.. it is just usb... ive been doing this since ps3, plug the cord into the phone charger and boom

longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
20-Mar(#5)
Also helps to have multiple controllers, I mean the PS5 is so much better than the series x one the battery life doesn't bother me
WithinTemptation
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
20-Mar(#6)
tonymack21 wrote:
> just plug your phone charger in by the couch.. it is just usb... ive been doing this
> since ps3, plug the cord into the phone charger and boom
>
>

Yeah, I do that too. Just be sure its not one of those lightning/fast chargers. I found out the hard way. It will fry it almost instantly.
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
20-Mar(#7)
I don't know where else to post this, but I'm finally playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition (on PS4, sorry) and am loving it so far. I played ME2 back in the day and really dug it, so figured I'd start from the beginning. I'm not as in love with the controls in ME1 compared to 2 but it's still a lot of fun, and I'll always enjoy the decision making/branching dialogue. I know ME3 was a disappointment to folks but I'm still looking forward to the overall story itself.

I know this isn't really PS5 related at all but I don't see any "general video game talk" thread or anything, and the last ME: LE thread has been closed for a while so just felt like gushing about the game a bit.
longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
21-Mar(#8)
I think at this point this is the dedicated PlayStation thread regardless of 4 or 5 so.it works.

Been thinking about playing ME Leg edition but I'm scared it's a huge time sink..
Sun
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
21-Mar(#9)
longhornsk57 wrote:
> I think at this point this is the dedicated PlayStation thread regardless of 4 or
> 5 so.it works.
>
> Been thinking about playing ME Leg edition but I'm scared it's a huge time sink.

I got this during Black Friday and never played much of the original releases. It's definitely further down on the backlog list.

theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
21-Mar(#10)
It's been a while since I played ME2 the one time I did (XBox 360 days) but I don't recall these vehicle segments that ME1 seems throw at you consistently. Am I just misremembering? The controls are a little janky when driving.

Otherwise I'm loving getting back into the ME universe from the beginning finally. I love the sci fi concepts in the game. It gives off a major Star Trek vibe but with a story that justifies all the laser battles and whatnot. Real fun stuff.
kevolones
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
22-Mar(#11)
theJaw wrote:
> It's been a while since I played ME2 the one time I did (XBox 360 days) but I don't
> recall these vehicle segments that ME1 seems throw at you consistently. Am I just
> misremembering? The controls are a little janky when driving.
>
> Otherwise I'm loving getting back into the ME universe from the beginning finally.
> I love the sci fi concepts in the game. It gives off a major Star Trek vibe but with
> a story that justifies all the laser battles and whatnot. Real fun stuff.

Only the 1rst ME had the Rover thing. I dont remember if ME3 had a vehicle though. ME Andromeda brings it back for exploration since it has "open worlds". I remember liking the rover sections in ME1 but its been quite a while since I first played it though.
Groo
600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
22-Mar(#12)
So I popped in Hades PS4 cause that is the version they had at the time. DL the PS5 version, is it going to try and DL the PS4 version every time or has that been corrected?

Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
(frozen)
22-Mar(#13)
Returnal's new DLC adds trophies. Maybe I'll pick it up again.
thatfootballguy
Triple Gold Good Trader
22-Mar(#14)
Kommie wrote:
> Returnal's new DLC adds trophies. Maybe I'll pick it up again.

It's cool they added a multiplayer run option. I beat the first boss, but have moved on to other games since then. I feel like runs are too long and repetitive. Curious to hear if you beat it / enjoyed it?
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
(frozen)
22-Mar(#15)
thatfootballguy wrote:
> Kommie wrote:
>> Returnal's new DLC adds trophies. Maybe I'll pick it up again.
>
> It's cool they added a multiplayer run option. I beat the first boss, but have moved
> on to other games since then. I feel like runs are too long and repetitive. Curious
> to hear if you beat it / enjoyed it?

I loved it, but I beat it before they added the save/quit feature. At first, I was kinda against them doing that, but that feature won't help you at all if you suck at the game.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
22-Mar(#16)
Returnal is a blast. It gets way better after the third biome imo.
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
22-Mar(#17)
ME2 just has the vehicle in the firewalker dlc missions mostly, but its a hover vehicle and not the clunky mako from ME1. there is a lot of planet scanning for minerals needed for upgrades in ME2, but once you do it for awhile you start to "see" places where big deposits likely are before even clicking them.

Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
(frozen)
22-Mar(#18)
Mass Effect should just be avoided.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
22-Mar(#19)
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
22-Mar(#20)
Very little time spent with Mass Effect. I am really tempted to get this... But I need to widdle down my back log before I add huge time investment games.

WithinTemptation
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
22-Mar(#21)
Groo wrote:
> So I popped in Hades PS4 cause that is the version they had at the time. DL the PS5
> version, is it going to try and DL the PS4 version every time or has that been corrected?
>
>
>

I just leave the ps4 version installed. Its just how it is when your using the ps4 disc.
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 22-Mar(#22)
Kommie wrote:
> Mass Effect should just be avoided.

Yaaah I saw your criticisms on ME in the now-closed Mass Effect thread, but I dunno, I disagree. You said you found ME1 was so bad that you didn't bother with 2 or 3, which is a valid reason to not continue but not really a valid reason to critique the entire series if one never played the other two, especially considering the improvements made between the first and second (from what I recall and have read about). And your other main criticism was the ol' message board complaint that the hardcore fans made. They were vocally disappointed with the ending, so therefore it must be objectively bad to anyone else who plays it.

From what I can tell, Mass Effect totally got the Game of Thrones or LOST treatment when ME3 came out. In what always seemed like a gut-punch reaction to me, folks began writing off the entire series solely because they weren't satisfied with the ending, or were expecting "something more". Without those expectations, I imagine I'll enjoy it a lot more, as will most folks who start the series up now that we're so far removed from the release of ME3. I personally don't need 400 possible endings to enjoy a game like this, especially when the decisions made via dialogue or combat still have lasting effects on the game itself, if not so much the ending(s). But all that stuff aside, I really am diffing the gameplay in ME1 just fine too, so I dunno, different strokes I suppose.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
22-Mar(#23)
If you didn't dig ME1 I don't think ME2's gonna change your mind (unless you REALLY like Martin Sheen and BIG FAT ASSES), and ME3 certainly isn't going to improve matters much

He's still wrong, mind you
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
22-Mar(#24)
Kommie wrote:
> Mass Effect should just be avoided.

Never played past the first because I hate constant dialogue driven options. KOTOR would have been so much better without all the options.
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
(frozen)
22-Mar(#25)
MrBean wrote:
> Kommie wrote:
>> Mass Effect should just be avoided.
>
> Never played past the first because I hate constant dialogue driven options. KOTOR
> would have been so much better without all the options.

See, @DarkFact it's trash, confirmed.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
22-Mar(#26)
Kommie wrote:
> MrBean wrote:
>> Kommie wrote:
> |>> Mass Effect should just be avoided.
>>
>> Never played past the first because I hate constant dialogue driven options. KOTOR
>> would have been so much better without all the options.
>
> See, @DarkFact it's trash, confirmed.

Hahaha nice new avatar
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 22-Mar(#27)
DarkFact wrote:
> If you didn't dig ME1 I don't think ME2's gonna change your mind (unless you REALLY
> like Martin Sheen and BIG FAT ASSES), and ME3 certainly isn't going to improve matters
> much
>
> He's still wrong, mind you

I think it may have changed mine had I played ME1 before ME2. Granted I'd have been coming from a place of enjoying ME1 to begin with, but just from recollection alone, ME2 is a bit of an upgrade on gameplay/mechanics over ME1. Suppose that's usually the case for games in general though and likely wouldn't sway someone who just bluntly hated ME1.
Justin
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
22-Mar(#28)
Any tips for reducing "other" storage space on the PS5? Mine is taking up 367GB which is leaving me with very little room for my games.

That's just a crazy amount. It wasn't that high until I lost power and my PS5 didn't shut down properly.
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
(frozen)
22-Mar(#29)
My "other" has 0 KB taken up so I have no idea.
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
* 22-Mar(#30)
If you have PS4 games installed, they get counted as other storage. Or at least mine went down by like 50GB after I removed two PS4 games.
Justin
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
22-Mar(#31)
Archer wrote:
> If you have PS4 games installed, they get counted as other storage. Or at least mine
> went down by like 50GB after I removed two PS4 games.

I put all my PS4 games on an external drive.
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
22-Mar(#32)
MrBean wrote:
> Kommie wrote:
>> Mass Effect should just be avoided.
>
> Never played past the first because I hate constant dialogue driven options. KOTOR
> would have been so much better without all the options.

I feel you, my buddy's the same way. I personally love that sort of thing in a game.
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 22-Mar(#34)
My Buddy doll hates branching dialogue tbh
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
22-Mar(#35)
Feeb wrote:

Dude. That hit me in the feels!
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
22-Mar(#36)
theJaw wrote:
> My Buddy doll hates branching dialogue tbh

Yes BioWare sucks.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
22-Mar(#37)
MrBean wrote:
> Feeb wrote:
>
> Dude. That hit me in the feels!

Saturday morning. Lived for it.
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
23-Mar(#38)
I pre-ordered ghostwire tokyo and Sifu together but the video reviews all are underwhelmed by Ghostwire. So I cancelled that. Best buy has a physical version of the Deedlit Lodoss War game and more than a couple people on GTZ has said they love it.

DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
23-Mar(#39)
Suzy Hunter seemed to like it! Most of the userbase complaints seem to be "THIS IS SONY/PC EXCLUSIVE, QQ"
kevolones
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 23-Mar(#40)
ErickRPG wrote:
> I pre-ordered ghostwire tokyo and Sifu together but the video reviews all are underwhelmed
> by Ghostwire. So I cancelled that. Best buy has a physical version of the Deedlit
> Lodoss War game and more than a couple people on GTZ has said they love it.
>
>

Whats the price on the deedlit physical copy? I would think that would be a physical game that could be harder to find in a couple of years.

Edit: $30 is the price. Also found it on Amazon.
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
24-Mar(#41)
This dude worked at Valve as a writer for Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead and Portal and he also played a big role in the release of the HTC Vive VR headset. He got some hands-on time with PSVR2 and was impressed.
image
Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
24-Mar(#42)
theJaw wrote:
> Kommie wrote:
>> Mass Effect should just be avoided.
>
> Yaaah I saw your criticisms on ME in the now-closed Mass Effect thread, but I dunno,
> I disagree. You said you found ME1 was so bad that you didn't bother with 2 or 3,
> which is a valid reason to not continue but not really a valid reason to critique
> the entire series if one never played the other two, especially considering the improvements
> made between the first and second (from what I recall and have read about). And your
> other main criticism was the ol' message board complaint that the hardcore fans made.
> They were vocally disappointed with the ending, so therefore it must be objectively
> bad to anyone else who plays it.
>
> From what I can tell, Mass Effect totally got the Game of Thrones or LOST treatment
> when ME3 came out. In what always seemed like a gut-punch reaction to me, folks began
> writing off the entire series solely because they weren't satisfied with the ending,
> or were expecting "something more". Without those expectations, I imagine I'll enjoy
> it a lot more, as will most folks who start the series up now that we're so far removed
> from the release of ME3. I personally don't need 400 possible endings to enjoy a
> game like this, especially when the decisions made via dialogue or combat still have
> lasting effects on the game itself, if not so much the ending(s). But all that stuff
> aside, I really am diffing the gameplay in ME1 just fine too, so I dunno, different
> strokes I suppose.

I loved lass effect 2 but 1 and 3 were inferior for different reasons. 1 was not fleshed out yet and 3 changed up my favorite class in order to make things work better for the multiplayer mode.

The biggest criticism of the ending wasn't an issue like with lost or got, but more that it felt lazy and soulless. They made promises of things that made the ending feel like a your choices didn't matter and the endings were mostly a color difference before they patched it
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
24-Mar(#43)
Stranger of Paradise:

This crap is great. I did it on hard. The story is a complete mindfudge. It's basically Nioh with a team on easy mode and you can change the difficulty at any point with no penalty. And it's got frank sinatra. No crap. Sinatra. Do it.
kevolones
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
24-Mar(#44)
Feeb wrote:
> Stranger of Paradise:
>
> This crap is great. I did it on hard. The story is a complete mindfudge. It's basically
> Nioh with a team on easy mode and you can change the difficulty at any point with
> no penalty. And it's got frank sinatra. No crap. Sinatra. Do it.

You beat it already?

I will definitely check it out. I really enjoyed the demo.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
24-Mar(#45)
Yeah. I'm on NG / chaos difficulty. Loved it.
DrizzDrizzDrizz
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Croatia
25-Mar(#47)
I live in croatia so i only hope it comes here eventually, Now never did. Would be great if it was a global rollout
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
(frozen)
25-Mar(#48)
Tiny Tina doesn't have a free upgrade, what a surprise Tim Sweeny/2K. Didn't see that one.
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
25-Mar(#49)
unless its gamepass to the point of the teacher getting onto them for copying MS's homework i dont see it being as good as gamepass. GP is pretty perfect.

Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
25-Mar(#50)
Another garbage sub. Don't pay for it please.
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
26-Mar(#51)
Honestly, people need to stop seeing this as a Gamepass competitor. I honestly don't care for day one releases... I would use it if it went that way... But I think it just makes more sense from a sustainability view point for the game to do a EA play type deal and come out a year after. I think that's what will happen. I will try it for sure when it comes out. I am hoping we may have local BC, we will see but what was said in a earlier leak was that streaming would be in the top teir however you would have access to BC with the middle tier... I suppose we will see.
















thatfootballguy
Triple Gold Good Trader
27-Mar(#52)
Tiny Tina is really fun! Love the Borderlands clone in a fantasy world. One skill tree instead of three is a positive change, IMO. The spells/skills are neat, and the not-so-subtle nods to D&D are great!

However, it is pretty buggy right now, and the online connectivity is spotty. I'd wait for a patch before buying, unless you can't wait to dive in.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
28-Mar(#53)
Returnal Patch. This game is damn near perfect. It feels so great to control it. More please. GotY robbed.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
28-Mar(#54)
I'm pumped for Tiny Tina. Will come after Edlen Ring and Dying Light 2. Ugh, and then there's Strangers of Paradise.

Sumner coming quickly, gonna run out of time! The HFW and Elden Ring binges put me into a gaming coma. Not sure I'm ready for DL2!
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
28-Mar(#55)
Feeb wrote:
> Returnal Patch. This game is damn near perfect. It feels so great to control it.
> More please. GotY robbed.

What all changed? I didn't finish this but sounds like a good idea to put it back into the priority list.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
28-Mar(#56)
MrBean wrote:
> Feeb wrote:
>> Returnal Patch. This game is damn near perfect. It feels so great to control it.
>> More please. GotY robbed.
>
> What all changed? I didn't finish this but sounds like a good idea to put it back
> into the priority list.

Not sure about all the changes but for me there is a new "endless" challenge tower with a few new trophies attached. Really fun.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
* 29-Mar(#57)
Looks like Spartacus is coming in June.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/29/all-new-pl...

Wonder what "select markets" entails for PS1 games. PSP included but not Vita? Silly to price higher than Gamepass, but awesome that there's PC access.

Hope they offer a launch discount for existing members. I'd at least like to try a month or two, wonder how it'll work with existing subs.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
29-Mar(#58)
MrBean wrote:
> Looks like Spartacus is coming in June.
>
>
> Wonder what "select markets" entails for PS1 games. PSP included but not Vita? Silly
> to price higher than Gamepass, but awesome that there's PC access.
>
> Hope they offer a launch discount for existing members. I'd at least like to try
> a month or two, wonder how it'll work with existing subs.

Trophy support for psp and classics would be awesome.
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
(frozen)
29-Mar(#59)
I'd like to see the games being offered first.
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
29-Mar(#60)
I'll hold full judgment until it rolls out. But I have a feeling this isn't going to be what people expect it to be. I have a feeling the library of games will be exactly the same as it is currently with PS Now. They aren't adding anything new from what I've been reading.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
29-Mar(#61)
I did see "download" as the language for classic stuff instead of stream.
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
29-Mar(#62)
Feeb wrote:
> I did see "download" as the language for classic stuff instead of stream.

You can do that now. The only thing you can't download is PS3 games. You have to stream those. PS Now lets you download everything on it but PS3. Which is still what they are doing based on that blog post. Just sayin. I don't think there is going to be some influx of new PS1/2/PSP games that people think.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
29-Mar(#63)
So that's not really as big a deal as the talk on the streets anyway. This service seems like it just needs better marketing.
DrizzDrizzDrizz
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Croatia
30-Mar(#64)
Has anyone had issues freeing up space on ps5? So rocket league update for some reason requires like 37 gigs, i only had 19 free, the Other category (still dunno what that is) was a bit under 100 gb, i go into media gallery and erase a crapload. The media category now shows much less space being taken up, but the Other has jumped up to 124 gb, and I still only have 19 gb free! Wtf? I deleted a lot of videos for basically nothing lol
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
* 30-Mar(#65)
I've never had issues but there is the factory internal drive, an SSD and an external usb HDD attached to mine. It's always pretty clear what is going where. I have seen this same question on social media a few times this week so there may be an issue.
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
30-Mar(#66)
Unless I missed something Sony has never officially called this a GP competitor it's just media/influencers...

I also love the ability to download psx/PS2 and PSP games. I largely missed out on on the PSP and have been wanting to go back and play some of my favorite PS2 games. I am going to drop my GPU and get GP. Should have done this awhile ago really since I do t use the PC stuff.

I know I will get negged, but again I don't think putting 1st part games day one on a service is all that smart. I am ok with the game making its money back as more sustainable.





benstylus
GameTZ Gold Subscriber GameTZ Full Moderator 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (9 minutes ago)
30-Mar(#67)
Finn wrote:
> Unless I missed something Sony has never officially called this a GP competitor it's
> just media/influencers...
>

They don't have to call it something for it to be that thing.

PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
30-Mar(#68)
benstylus wrote:
> Finn wrote:
>> Unless I missed something Sony has never officially called this a GP competitor
> it's
>> just media/influencers...
>>
>
> They don't have to call it something for it to be that thing.


I agree, this is their answer to GamePass even if they don't outright say it.
After looking over the tier list I don't feel like I need to upgrade. But I am a little disappointed at the cheapest tier staying at $60 and only offering 2 monthly games when they currently usually offer 3 or 4 titles.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
* 30-Mar(#69)
It's literally rebranding their exact products but adding some BC at additional cost. Just trying to get publicity and subs. They had everything GP has except day one- first. Upping PS now numbers is the only thing they need to do.
kevolones
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
30-Mar(#70)
PizzaTheHutt wrote:
> benstylus wrote:
>> Finn wrote:
> |>> Unless I missed something Sony has never officially called this a GP competitor
>> it's
> |>> just media/influencers...
> |>>
>>
>> They don't have to call it something for it to be that thing.
>
>
> I agree, this is their answer to GamePass even if they don't outright say it.
> After looking over the tier list I don't feel like I need to upgrade. But I am a
> little disappointed at the cheapest tier staying at $60 and only offering 2 monthly
> games when they currently usually offer 3 or 4 titles.

Well, they had to do something. PS Now sucks ass. And PS+ is kinda sucking lately if it wasnt for cdkeys having those cheap 1 year codes.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
* 30-Mar(#71)
Sub services account for less than 10% of industry revenue. There's a reason nintendo is not rushing to put their softs on a day 1 service and still charge for classics. There is consumer demand for it. Sony is in the same boat but consumer / social pressure- not market pressure- has them making a change and a statement- you want our new and classic games- buy them. And that's fine. The Amazon prime model- sub for content and library but pay full price for in theatre / new releases. It works. It always has- the unproven is the new model.

Still not buying it- hard pass.
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
30-Mar(#72)
I don't really agree. That would be us putting up expectations then getting made someone did not follow through. Is this service as good as GP? No. Is it better then what we had before sure. This is Sony streamlining existing services. I am glad they did it, but they should have did it sooner IMO. This should have launched when the PS5 did. Us calling something a GP competitor when the company behind it is not, does not make it one. If it was it be a hell of a lot more GP like, who knows maybe someday it will be. I am going by to wait and see what PSX/PS2 games they have available... Until then just going to stay at the base tier.

Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
30-Mar(#73)
Feeb wrote:
> Sub services account for less than 10% of industry revenue. There's a reason nintendo
> is not rushing to put their softs on a day 1 service and still charge for classics.
> There is consumer demand for it. Sony is in the same boat but consumer / social pressure-
> not market pressure- has them making a change and a statement- you want our new and
> classic games- buy them. And that's fine. The Amazon prime model- sub for content
> and library but pay full price for in theatre / new releases. It works. It always
> has- the unproven is the new model.
>
> Still not buying it- hard pass.

I would be happy if Nintendo added trophies. I doubt they would ever do the GP thing as there 1st party games just make to much cash. I don't give EA for a lot of things but there vault system is the way to go. It allows the game to make its money back then is added to the service a year later. For many people they can wait a year, for alot of EA Games I have no problem waiting. I am flexible maybe my opinion will change, but I don't see how game development sharing the same pool of money is good thing when you have overhead and money to secure 3rd party deals factor in. Ecpecially when you have some AAA games costing 100 mil plus to make.

There maybe enough games in there to warrent the price, but I also dont see me doing that right now as I am trying to get through my backlog.

I was going to go from GPU to GP since I don't really use the GPU features... But I may just stop right now since I have not been used my Xbox inawhile... Kind of of waisting cash. I could see myself alternating between services.





Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
(frozen)
30-Mar(#74)
Don't mention Nintendo and Trophies/Achievements. You'll call the unnecessary opinion of The No Fun Police.
DrizzDrizzDrizz
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Croatia
30-Mar(#75)
Why does Now suck ass? I only tried it once ages ago on PS3, had to use a workaround with a different account that was US based because Now wasnt and still isnt supported here...i was pleasantly surprised at the relatively smooth experience, expected way more input lag and general issues, but was fine during the brief time i tried it. That was way before you could download anything, too

So if this change finally brings what Now had to Croatia through a new service, I'm all for it
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
* 30-Mar(#76)
Kommie wrote:
> Don't mention Nintendo and Trophies/Achievements. You'll call the unnecessary opinion
> of The No Fun Police.

There's no argument to be had as far as trophies are toxic / silly / cover up bad titles like BBQ sauce etc so long as you're making so much on games designed to addict and promote impulse micro transactions. Nintendo folks can eat dick with that.
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
30-Mar(#77)
How about fudge Sony for locking BC behind a pay wall.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
30-Mar(#78)
Archer wrote:
> How about fudge Sony for locking BC behind a pay wall.

Who hasn't?
kevolones
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
30-Mar(#79)
DrizzDrizzDrizz wrote:
> Why does Now suck ass? I only tried it once ages ago on PS3, had to use a workaround
> with a different account that was US based because Now wasnt and still isnt supported
> here...i was pleasantly surprised at the relatively smooth experience, expected way
> more input lag and general issues, but was fine during the brief time i tried it.
> That was way before you could download anything, too
>
> So if this change finally brings what Now had to Croatia through a new service, I'm
> all for it

It did work pretty well when I tried it. Its just that the games offered are mostly pretty old games with the exception of 1 or 2 relatively recent ones. I could pay for 2 months and in that time play whatever is good enough in there. There's definitely some value if you want to play ps3 games and dont have a ps3.
BJB
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
31-Mar(#80)
DrizzDrizzDrizz wrote:
> Has anyone had issues freeing up space on ps5? So rocket league update for some reason
> requires like 37 gigs, i only had 19 free, the Other category (still dunno what that
> is) was a bit under 100 gb, i go into media gallery and erase a crapload. The media
> category now shows much less space being taken up, but the Other has jumped up to
> 124 gb, and I still only have 19 gb free! Wtf? I deleted a lot of videos for basically
> nothing lol
>

My friend mentioned last night that his RL update was around that much. I honestly didn't believe him. I wonder what's up with that

Topic   PlayStation 5 Discussion Thread