VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   Valve Announces the Steam Deck, a $400 Handheld Gaming PC

MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
15-Jul-2021(#1)
I miss pc gaming (been a few years) but I don't miss the cost of always upgrading. Cirrent rig is going on six years old and it's time... This actually seems promising.

https://www.ign.com/articles/steam-deck-valve-anno...
Dr_Spaceman

15-Jul-2021(#2)
This thing pretty much makes Xbox irrelevant. I'll see how reviews grade it when it officially drops, but it's looking like I'll skip on the Series X and just get this since Microsoft puts all of their games on Steam anyway.
Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
15-Jul-2021(#3)
I'm gonna put my $5 on the 512gig model tomorrow morning and am super hyped for this. Just how Nintendo made handheld gaming amazing, this is going to make on the go gaming or anywhere in the house amazing.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
15-Jul-2021(#4)
Shane12m wrote:
> I'm gonna put my $5 on the 512gig model tomorrow morning and am super hyped for this.
> Just how Nintendo made handheld gaming amazing, this is going to make on the go gaming
> or anywhere in the house amazing.

Where at? Kinda steep for more storage. They do allow microsd (obviously slower), but does one need that many games installed? I ask because I'm in debate myself.
Slickriven
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
* 15-Jul-2021(#5)
They do have an SD slot from the one video I saw.

Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#6)
MrBean wrote:
> Shane12m wrote:
>> I'm gonna put my $5 on the 512gig model tomorrow morning and am super hyped for
> this.
>> Just how Nintendo made handheld gaming amazing, this is going to make on the go
> gaming
>> or anywhere in the house amazing.
>
> Where at? Kinda steep for more storage. They do allow microsd (obviously slower),
> but does one need that many games installed? I ask because I'm in debate myself.
>

It's a faster hard drive apparently and the anti glare glass is cool
sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago) Secret Santa
* 16-Jul-2021(#7)
I'd be down to get one. I game on my PC but would be nice to take it away from home. I love the concept of the Switch but not a fan of many of the games on it (just not my style.) But if it has to stream or be tethered to a PC, that is a pass for me. I am not sure if I can tell by the article if that is the case or not?

bumsplikity
Double Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#8)
I might do something stupid today

I might pre-order one of these things
RVM
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#9)
I am for sure.


bumsplikity
Double Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#10)
RobotVM wrote:
> I am for sure.
>
>
>

Which one are you going for? Ideally i'd go for the middle one, but I assume that is the one most sought after so it might be hard to secure. I won't get the 400 dollar one, but I might go for the high spec if i'm feeling frisky around launch time.
bumsplikity
Double Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#11)
Dr_Spaceman wrote:
> This thing pretty much makes Xbox irrelevant. I'll see how reviews grade it when
> it officially drops, but it's looking like I'll skip on the Series X and just get
> this since Microsoft puts all of their games on Steam anyway.

Will the xbox games on steam work with linux? Granted you could install windows onto this thing, but i'd expect out of the box the xbox studios games might not work.

Not sure though, just spitballing.
RVM
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#12)
bumsplikity wrote:
> RobotVM wrote:
>> I am for sure.
>>
>>
>>
>
> Which one are you going for? Ideally i'd go for the middle one, but I assume that
> is the one most sought after so it might be hard to secure. I won't get the 400 dollar
> one, but I might go for the high spec if i'm feeling frisky around launch time.

Most likely the lowest price one and I will buy a high speed 512 SD Card.

MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
16-Jul-2021(#13)
Pre-orders go up in 3 hours

https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck
RVM
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#14)
I think I will go with the middle version actually. I want the SSD 256gb. I will then grab a 400-512gb SD card.

bumsplikity
Double Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#15)
RobotVM wrote:
> I think I will go with the middle version actually. I want the SSD 256gb. I will
> then grab a 400-512gb SD card.
>

The NVME storage is WAY faster than eMMC, so that is why i'm avoiding the cheapest model
RVM
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#16)
bumsplikity wrote:
> RobotVM wrote:
>> I think I will go with the middle version actually. I want the SSD 256gb. I will
>> then grab a 400-512gb SD card.
>>
>
> The NVME storage is WAY faster than eMMC, so that is why i'm avoiding the cheapest
> model
>

My wonder is if you can open it up and add a NVME SSD. There has to be a M.2 slot on board.

bumsplikity
Double Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#17)
RobotVM wrote:
> bumsplikity wrote:
>> RobotVM wrote:
> |>> I think I will go with the middle version actually. I want the SSD 256gb. I will
> |>> then grab a 400-512gb SD card.
> |>>
>>
>> The NVME storage is WAY faster than eMMC, so that is why i'm avoiding the cheapest
>> model
>>
>
> My wonder is if you can open it up and add a NVME SSD. There has to be a M.2 slot
> on board.
>
>

You'd hope so - though m.2's get real hot, especially in a form factor like the Deck has, so i'd worry it would either fail or require a heatsync, which might make it too big to fit.

I guess we will see!
Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#18)
Crashing hard can't checkout
Roboliciousness
GameTZ Subscriber Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Jul-2021(#19)
Shane12m wrote:
> Crashing hard can't checkout

You got a bit further than me. I can't even choose one to reserve. Just loading infinitely.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
* 16-Jul-2021(#20)
Been trying to checkout since 1pm on the dot... Keeps erroring. Now I'm kicked out.

"It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please wait a while before trying again."

Damnit
Roboliciousness
GameTZ Subscriber Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Jul-2021(#21)
MrBean wrote:
> Been trying to checkout since 1pm on the dot... Keeps erroring. Now I'm kicked out.
>
>
> "It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please
> wait a while before trying again."
>
> Damnit

Did you get to the review and purchase page? I'm there now finally.
Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#22)
MrBean wrote:
> Been trying to checkout since 1pm on the dot... Keeps erroring. Now I'm kicked out.
>
>
> "It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please
> wait a while before trying again."
>
> Damnit

That's where I'm stuck at now..
bumsplikity
Double Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#23)
MrBean wrote:
> Been trying to checkout since 1pm on the dot... Keeps erroring. Now I'm kicked out.
>
>
> "It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours. Please
> wait a while before trying again."
>
> Damnit

Same - Bummer
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
* 16-Jul-2021(#24)
I can't get past the payment info screen.
Renaissance2K
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 16-Jul-2021(#25)
I wasn't able to complete checkout, but it's appearing in my purchase history after a whole bunch of click spamming.

Really excited about this thing. There were a whole bunch of games that I was buying on the Switch just so I could play them on the go, including a number of games that I already owned on Steam. This makes that unnecessary for for non-Nintendo titles, plus it's an incredible platform for RetroArch and a number of obscure things I do on PC.

If I still played FFXI regularly, this would be dangerous as a handheld MMO device. I might install the game anyway, just to see how it goes.

> My wonder is if you can open it up and add a NVME SSD. There has to be a M.2 slot on board.

There's a Eurogamer thread breaking down the Deck vs. a number of other modern platforms, and somebody in the comments said that the drive can't be swapped out. I don't have a source for this, but if not for Valve's decidedly pro-consumer stance on most things, I can understand why they're coy about it: more people would opt for the $399 model and put the $250 they save towards a decent M.2, instead of shelling out for the premium model.

Roboliciousness
GameTZ Subscriber Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Jul-2021(#26)
Shane12m wrote:
> MrBean wrote:
>> Been trying to checkout since 1pm on the dot... Keeps erroring. Now I'm kicked
> out.
>>
>>
>> "It looks like you've been attempting a lot of purchases in the last few hours.
> Please
>> wait a while before trying again."
>>
>> Damnit
>
> That's where I'm stuck at now..

Took like 5 minutes on that page, but it looks like it went through. I have a confirmation number and everything.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
16-Jul-2021(#27)
Congrats @Roboliciousness! Now give me yours!
Roboliciousness
GameTZ Subscriber Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Jul-2021(#28)
MrBean wrote:
> Congrats @Roboliciousness! Now give me yours!

Just asked my brother to try and reserve one as he doesn't want one. Which model did you want?
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
16-Jul-2021(#29)
Roboliciousness wrote:
> MrBean wrote:
>> Congrats @Roboliciousness! Now give me yours!
>
> Just asked my brother to try and reserve one as he doesn't want one. Which model
> did you want?

Was gonna go for the high end one
Roboliciousness
GameTZ Subscriber Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Jul-2021(#30)
MrBean wrote:
> Roboliciousness wrote:
>> MrBean wrote:
> |>> Congrats @Roboliciousness! Now give me yours!
>>
>> Just asked my brother to try and reserve one as he doesn't want one. Which model
>> did you want?
>
> Was gonna go for the high end one

Can hear him refreshing. Not sure what step he is on.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
* 16-Jul-2021(#31)
Finally made it to the checkout screen, 43 minutes later... Been frozen on working for several minutes. To reload or not reload...
Roboliciousness
GameTZ Subscriber Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Jul-2021(#32)
MrBean wrote:
> Finally made it to the checkout screen, 43 minutes later... Been frozen on working
> for several minutes. To reload or not reload...

It took like 5 mins on that page for me. My brother got the too many orders issue, so he has to wait a while I think.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
16-Jul-2021(#33)
Woooooo it finally went through
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
16-Jul-2021(#34)
Aw poop, tried to get the middle model but won't let you do more than one. Not yet certain the top model is worth it.
Roboliciousness
GameTZ Subscriber Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Jul-2021(#35)
Nice @MrBean

Hope that everyone who wanted one here got one. Better than all the resellers getting one. I checked eBay and it is crazy.
beavis
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
16-Jul-2021(#36)
So taking a look at this on IGN. Honestly, I hope it succeeds, however, there are a few things that are going against it.

Cons
Right off the bat there is the price. They are trying to break into a market that Nintendo dominates, and while the base model is in line with Nintendo's price, the base model is not going to get you very far. With this being a download and stream only 64 gigs is not going to be enough to house more than a handful of games. I know there is expandable storage, but the average consumer isn't going to know that their are cheap options to make this thing have more memory.

I like the fact that it plays off the TV, but once again this requires the purchase of additional peripherals which is going to throw off the casuals (as well as somewhat lower the out of the box dual home/handheld aspect to the console).

Not upgradable, which isn't shocking, but I don't know what the life of a PC is at this point before it needs to be upgraded.

They are very hesitant to talk about battery life in any of the videos I've seen, which is a big concern. Now, most anywhere you will be at this point (even a plane) will have a power source you can plug into. But once again, if people are complaining about the Switch's battery life and this thing gets max 2-4 hours of gaming, that is concerning.

Pros
The processing power looks amazing.

Bluetooth and ability to talk to other (Nintendo get your crap together)

The amount of games available at launch will obviously be staggering

I'm really rooting for this thing. I believe that the hybrid console is the future of gaming, and Sony and Microsoft are already lagging way behind. For this to succeed it is not only going to have to perform as expected, but more importantly its going to have to be available in large quantities this holiday season. It's also going to have to have a pretty aggressive marketing campaign to get casual players to purchase it.
Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#37)
Still can't check out :(
RVM
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#38)
Same here.

Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#39)
Finally got it! Sweet hopefully I still get a first batch
Roboliciousness
GameTZ Subscriber Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Jul-2021(#40)
Wow someone already bought one of the preorders on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=val...
thatfootballguy
Triple Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#41)
Roboliciousness wrote:
> Wow someone already bought one of the preorders on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=val...

Unreal. Just for the $5 downpayment?
Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#42)
thatfootballguy wrote:
> Roboliciousness wrote:
>> Wow someone already bought one of the preorders on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=val...
>
> Unreal. Just for the $5 downpayment?

No, looks like it's for the console
Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#43)
Says my expected order availability Q2 2022. For the 512 model that I added to cart at 10am lol. But took an hour to process. Lame
beavis
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
16-Jul-2021(#44)
Well went ahead and put $5 on the 256 gig just in case I decide to get it.
Roboliciousness
GameTZ Subscriber Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Jul-2021(#45)
Shane12m wrote:
> Says my expected order availability Q2 2022. For the 512 model that I added to cart
> at 10am lol. But took an hour to process. Lame

Not sure if I'm in the first batch, but mine says Q1 2022 and I got quite lucky and had the order done within the first 20 mins. Says that shipping begins in December 2021 so not sure if there is an earlier timeframe.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
16-Jul-2021(#46)
Wonder if the Steam controller will work with this and if they'll bring it back.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
* 16-Jul-2021(#47)
Also smart move woulda been to announce a new Portal, Half Life or L4D as a Steam Deck exclusive.
Renaissance2K
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 16-Jul-2021(#48)
Shane12m wrote:
> Says my expected order availability Q2 2022.

How do you find out your availability date?

MrBean wrote:
> Wonder if the Steam controller will work with this and if they'll bring it back.

I don't know if they're going to bring it back or release an updated version, but the existing Steam Controller will most definitely work with it.

whitefire
GameTZ Subscriber Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Jul-2021(#49)
$650 is a lot. I'm going to have to think about this.

Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#50)
MrBean wrote:
> Also smart move woulda been to announce a new Portal, Half Life or L4D as a Steam
> Deck exclusive.

I don't agree with that being a smart move. I think they are already going to have issues making enough units to keep up with demand already and don't really need to do that. Also, an exclusive to this system just seems like a great way to piss off everyone
sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago) Secret Santa
16-Jul-2021(#51)
Fudge it, I reserved the $649 one.

Shadowrunner
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Secret Santa
16-Jul-2021(#52)
I'll wait till they become readily available. I'm not giving any company money now to get something in the second quarter of next year. I see these things being hacked and running pretty much anything in less than a month.
Renaissance2K
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
16-Jul-2021(#53)
Shadowrunner wrote:
> I'll wait till they become readily available. I'm not giving any company money now
> to get something in the second quarter of next year. I see these things being hacked
> and running pretty much anything in less than a month.

There's nothing to hack. They already said it can run Windows.

SwiftJAB
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
16-Jul-2021(#54)
I'm always tempted to jump in on new cool stuff, but I have to remind myself that I barely have enough time to play with the toys I already have. I think this is a fantastic idea. Hopefully it has long standing support, like Nvidia has done with the Shield TV.
bluemetal04
Bronze Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
(frozen)
17-Jul-2021(#55)
I would 100% skip the $399 model, and get the next one up, since it'll have a NVMe SSD, it could be easily upgraded. Also, it comes with SteamOS, not Windows. If you want to run windows-only steam games, you'd need to enable the feature, just like Linux desktop users, and even then, it may not work properly (or at all). Alternatively, you could just replace the SteamOS with Windows 10 (11 might work with it, not sure yet).
sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago) Secret Santa
17-Jul-2021(#56)
Shadowrunner wrote:
> I'll wait till they become readily available. I'm not giving any company money now
> to get something in the second quarter of next year. I see these things being hacked
> and running pretty much anything in less than a month.

It's just $5, not really a big deal. It sounds like once they send invites you should be guaranteed a handheld, but I guess we'll see.

longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
18-Jul-2021(#57)
I just reserved the Middle one.

In no way would this ever replace my series x, these are two very different things
Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
18-Jul-2021(#58)
longhornsk57 wrote:
> I just reserved the Middle one.
>
> In no way would this ever replace my series x, these are two very different things

I thought reservations closed? It opened back up?
longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
18-Jul-2021(#59)
I dunno, I just did one now though after reading about it this morning
Boss
GameTZ Subscriber 700 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (8) This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago) Secret Santa
18-Jul-2021(#60)
Shane12m wrote:
> longhornsk57 wrote:
>> I just reserved the Middle one.
>>
>> In no way would this ever replace my series x, these are two very different things
>
> I thought reservations closed? It opened back up?


It never closed. Just the estimate date changes as inventory gets sold.
Bleed_DukeBlue
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
18-Jul-2021(#61)
Yeah. I got a reservation in last night for the $649 one, and it gave me a date of Q3 2022.

Boss wrote:
> Shane12m wrote:
>> longhornsk57 wrote:
> |>> I just reserved the Middle one.
> |>>
> |>> In no way would this ever replace my series x, these are two very different things
>>
>> I thought reservations closed? It opened back up?
>
>
> It never closed. Just the estimate date changes as inventory gets sold.
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (30 seconds ago) Secret Santa
18-Jul-2021(#62)
The real Switch Pro
Master_Z
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
18-Jul-2021(#63)
Got one at 1:07pm EST, so hopefully that means mine will be shipped this December. Went with the 256GB model, as the savings from the 512GB can get me a USB-C dock and external storage of some sort. This thing is going to be amazing if the hype is real. Can't wait to load it up with RetroArch, Dolphin, Yuzu, etc. The only thing I can see is the trackpads; I think they should have let that tech die and reduced the footprint of the Steam Deck, but oh well.
Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
19-Jul(#64)
Master_Z wrote:
> Got one at 1:07pm EST, so hopefully that means mine will be shipped this December.
> Went with the 256GB model, as the savings from the 512GB can get me a USB-C dock
> and external storage of some sort. This thing is going to be amazing if the hype
> is real. Can't wait to load it up with RetroArch, Dolphin, Yuzu, etc. The only thing
> I can see is the trackpads; I think they should have let that tech die and reduced
> the footprint of the Steam Deck, but oh well.

Idk I think the trackpads are going to be essential in playing games that aren't meant for controllers or don't support them natively, but yeah I can see them not being used much depending on the user
sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago) Secret Santa
* 19-Jul(#65)
Even though I reserved mine fairly early on, in my account it's saying avail to me by Q2 2022. So that sort of sucks. Wonder if it will be delayed any. i thought they were originally talking late Dec this year.

longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
19-Jul(#66)
Mine also says Q2 in 2022, I feel like it's going to start feeling old by then, like we lost a year of hardware. I hate it when companies do that, with the PS5 and SX it was months of preorder so it still felt new when we got it.
RVM
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
19-Jul(#67)
I reserved the 256gb model and tried as soon as reserved opened but couldn't get it to work until an hour and 15 mins later. Mine says Q1 2022. I am hoping January so I can take it with me to Pax South.

d3vanj
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 20-Jul(#68)
I pre-ordered the $529 version the other day. Expected availability for me is Q2 2022 as well and I hope it's actually accurate. I'd like a few months to read reviews and such before I have to buy it.

brian9824
450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
20-Jul(#69)
I'll be curious to see how this works out. Looks promising but I can definitely wait a while before I risk it.
Yoshi
500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (11)
20-Jul(#70)
I have a 1Q reservation for a 512GB model and ~$400 in 12.5% off credit toward it in my account, thanks to the last couple Target B1G1 sales. Next time they run that deal, I'll get enough to cover this and the Winter Sale.
HybridCRoW
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews Secret Santa
20-Jul(#71)
I preorder depositted for the expensive one.... My main reason is I'd like to be able to play my PC games mobile... like what if I wanted to chill out on the couch to play??

If I ever see reviews on it before then and turns out not to be worth it, I'll likely cancel and use the credits towards games.
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
20-Jul(#72)
HybridCRoW wrote:
> I preorder depositted for the expensive one.... My main reason is I'd like to be
> able to play my PC games mobile... like what if I wanted to chill out on the couch
> to play??

This just reminded me of when "Rainway" was supposed to allow that on Switch. Turns out the developer was full of crap, just trying to piggyback off the early success of the Switch. He got a lot of people's hopes up.

bluemetal04
Bronze Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
(frozen)
20-Jul(#73)
It was confirmed that the games in the trailer was running off of an SD card. Wonder how long a SD card will last when it's used for PC gaming?
cliffsteele
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
21-Jul(#74)
I reserved the 512 gb. I currently own a GPD Win 3 and this is a substantial upgrade power wise, looks like it'll have much better battery life, and will definitely have better build quality. Couch pc gaming has been badass so far and I can't wait to try it on the Steam Deck. I might offload my Win 3 if anyone is interested. It's the black 1 TB with dock.
bluemetal04
Bronze Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
(frozen)
22-Jul(#75)
@cliffsteele How much would you sell the win 3 for?
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
* 13-Jan(#76)
So delivery starts next month. I'm torn on if I'll keep it or not. With a new gaming laptop, I'm not sure there's much value, sans portable gaming, which I almost never do these days anyway.

What about you guys?

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1675180/announcem...
sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago) Secret Santa
13-Jan(#77)
I'm still excited for mine and plan on keeping it for a bit, so long as it operates smoothly. Mine still isn't gonna ship for several months probably.

Shadowrunner
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Secret Santa
13-Jan(#78)
I still want the mid or high end model but I'm not paying any scalper.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
13-Jan(#79)
Shadowrunner wrote:
> I still want the mid or high end model but I'm not paying any scalper.

They're still available for prebuy, and shows post Q2, so hopefully won't have to.
Johnny
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
13-Jan(#80)
So my preorder says Q2 for the $400 model. What does that line up with date wise? Like March-June?

Topic   Valve Announces the Steam Deck, a $400 Handheld Gaming PC