VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   Xbox One Discussion

oneluckybullet
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-May-2017(#1)
This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/xbox-one-di...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/xbox-one-di...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/xbox-one-di...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/xbox-one-di...


Surge came out today. so far not bad. very nioh and bloodborn feel as in fast combat. switching limbs takes some getting used to.

Phantom Dust remaster is supposed to be out today for free.

injustice came out today as well. grabbed that on my ps4 though,
Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
4-Jan-2018(#2)
Yeah I had some from back in the day...

Radiant Silvergun? is the most notable. We had Mech Assault and Crimson Skies come in a few months back and bought them ASAP! I can't wait to play Crimson Skies... I just hope it's as good as I remember.



dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
4-Jan-2018(#3)
Crimson Skies is great. I had never played it until just a few months back and I had a blast with it. I'm hoping Mech Assault 1 & 2 get added since they're MS owned IPs. I think I remember hearing that OG Xbox BC is way more complicated than 360 BC is though, so we'll see what ends up happening with it.
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
5-Jan-2018(#4)
Mech Assault 1 and 2 would be great. I would love Jade Empire myself and Star Wars: Republic Commando or Jedi Outcast/Academy.
Sid_Ceaser
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 6 Reviews
5-Jan-2018(#5)
So if you have Crimson Skies on Xbox, do you just put the disc in your Xbone to download the upgrade?



dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
5-Jan-2018(#6)
Sid_Ceaser wrote:
> So if you have Crimson Skies on Xbox, do you just put the disc in your Xbone to download
> the upgrade?
>
>
>
>

Yup, that's all you do. You just pop the disc in, download the contents to the HDD, then you're good to go.

Sid_Ceaser
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 6 Reviews
5-Jan-2018(#7)
Thats badass.



tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
* 5-Jan-2018(#8)
Ya that works with og Xbox and 360 stuff that's bc. Sure wish Sony would have done that. But.. I really wouldn't use it THAT much even if it did. I've got a hard drive full of games from all eras and a pc/shield that makes them look better than their original form and still find myself playing current gen 99% of the time.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
5-Jan-2018(#9)
OG Xbox never really had any sort of emulation done, so there isn't any way to play much of their games without an old Xbox so I'm glad they made a couple of their games playable because that console has some really good hidden gems. Sony's BC is a straight up cash grab since they could emulate the PS1 and PS2 games without issue on the PS4 but instead they would rather charge the customers $10-15 per game.

Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
5-Jan-2018(#10)

BC is not a big thing for me, and has not been for MANY years, I can name maybe 10 games I would like to go back and play on Xbox or Sony consoles... I thought you could do MechAssault on Xbox one? The only other games I would like to see on BC that I have any interest in playing would be:

Mechassault
KotOR
KotOR 2
Pirates of the Caribbean

Actually a pretty even split between Sony and MS... The Original Xbox was by far my favorite Xbox console.


dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 5-Jan-2018(#11)
KoToR is on BC already and it received a nice graphics bump too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1kDabyaw5k
Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
5-Jan-2018(#12)
dustin11 wrote:
> OG Xbox never really had any sort of emulation done, so there isn't any way to play
> much of their games without an old Xbox so I'm glad they made a couple of their games
> playable because that console has some really good hidden gems. Sony's BC is a straight
> up cash grab since they could emulate the PS1 and PS2 games without issue on the
> PS4 but instead they would rather charge the customers $10-15 per game.
>
>


I agree it is a cash grab now, but the thing is when Sony had BC it was mocked by fanboys and now that MS has it well maybe it's not so bad laughing out loud

Would it be nice for Sony to include BC? yah maybe... but I probably would hardly use it. Me of 10 years ago would be all over it... but I really don't care anymore. I am to busy playing new games. The only BC that really matters is with Nintendo... but yeah, Nintendo knows they can just recharge for old games every gen and everyone shuts up and pays.... (like me)



Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
5-Jan-2018(#13)
dustin11 wrote:
> KoToR is on BC already and it received a nice graphics bump too.
>
>

I wonder how it compares to the PC ones?

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
5-Jan-2018(#14)
Here are all the available games right now:

image

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 5-Jan-2018(#15)
Finn wrote:
> dustin11 wrote:
>> OG Xbox never really had any sort of emulation done, so there isn't any way to
> play
>> much of their games without an old Xbox so I'm glad they made a couple of their
> games
>> playable because that console has some really good hidden gems. Sony's BC is a
> straight
>> up cash grab since they could emulate the PS1 and PS2 games without issue on the
>> PS4 but instead they would rather charge the customers $10-15 per game.
>>
>>
>
>
> I agree it is a cash grab now, but the thing is when Sony had BC it was mocked by
> fanboys and now that MS has it well maybe it's not so bad laughing out loud
>
> Would it be nice for Sony to include BC? yah maybe... but I probably would hardly
> use it. Me of 10 years ago would be all over it... but I really don't care anymore.
> I am to busy playing new games. The only BC that really matters is with Nintendo...
> but yeah, Nintendo knows they can just recharge for old games every gen and everyone
> shuts up and pays.... (like me)
>
>
>
>

When was it mocked? The way I see it is that it doesn't matter how much YOU would use it, its a good service to provide rather than charging you $15 to play a game that you already own, that's what it boils down to. I don't care about a lot of games MS adds to the BC list, but I still like to see more games being added because it shows their dedication to the program and I know there are people out there who like games I may not. BC was also straight up the most requested feature between both consoles.


Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
5-Jan-2018(#16)
dustin11 wrote:
> Finn wrote:
>> dustin11 wrote:
> |>> OG Xbox never really had any sort of emulation done, so there isn't any way to
>> play
> |>> much of their games without an old Xbox so I'm glad they made a couple of their
>> games
> |>> playable because that console has some really good hidden gems. Sony's BC is
> a
>> straight
> |>> up cash grab since they could emulate the PS1 and PS2 games without issue on
> the
> |>> PS4 but instead they would rather charge the customers $10-15 per game.
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>>
>> I agree it is a cash grab now, but the thing is when Sony had BC it was mocked
> by
>> fanboys and now that MS has it well maybe it's not so bad laughing out loud
>>
>> Would it be nice for Sony to include BC? yah maybe... but I probably would hardly
>> use it. Me of 10 years ago would be all over it... but I really don't care anymore.
>> I am to busy playing new games. The only BC that really matters is with Nintendo...
>> but yeah, Nintendo knows they can just recharge for old games every gen and everyone
>> shuts up and pays.... (like me)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> When was it mocked? The way I see it is that it doesn't matter how much YOU would
> use it, its a good service to provide rather than charging you $15 to play a game
> that you already own, that's what it boils down to. I don't care about a lot of games
> MS adds to the BC list, but I still like to see more games being added because it
> shows their dedication to the program and I know there are people out there who like
> games I may not. BC was also straight up the most requested feature between both
> consoles.
>
>
>



Just remember back in the PS2 days and even early PS3 it getting mocked and cast aside as a feature. I know its a matter of how much I would use it and that my personal preference does not mean it's going to be the same preference for everyone... never said it did. We are in agreement that Sony's BC offering is a money grab. MS released some stats on BC awhile ago and while the number was pretty huge when it was averaged out it did not seem so amazing, but again it's a good feature and having options is never a bad thing.


six
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
5-Jan-2018(#17)
Bc is great I use it all the time, thanks to it I can play red dead any time I want and play every call of duty zombie map.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 5-Jan-2018(#18)
Finn wrote:
> dustin11 wrote:
>> Finn wrote:
> |>> dustin11 wrote:
>> |>> OG Xbox never really had any sort of emulation done, so there isn't any way
> to
> |>> play
>> |>> much of their games without an old Xbox so I'm glad they made a couple of
> their
> |>> games
>> |>> playable because that console has some really good hidden gems. Sony's BC
> is
>> a
> |>> straight
>> |>> up cash grab since they could emulate the PS1 and PS2 games without issue
> on
>> the
>> |>> PS4 but instead they would rather charge the customers $10-15 per game.
>> |>>
>> |>>
> |>>
> |>>
> |>> I agree it is a cash grab now, but the thing is when Sony had BC it was mocked
>> by
> |>> fanboys and now that MS has it well maybe it's not so bad laughing out loud
> |>>
> |>> Would it be nice for Sony to include BC? yah maybe... but I probably would hardly
> |>> use it. Me of 10 years ago would be all over it... but I really don't care anymore.
> |>> I am to busy playing new games. The only BC that really matters is with Nintendo...
> |>> but yeah, Nintendo knows they can just recharge for old games every gen and everyone
> |>> shuts up and pays.... (like me)
> |>>
> |>>
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> When was it mocked? The way I see it is that it doesn't matter how much YOU would
>> use it, its a good service to provide rather than charging you $15 to play a game
>> that you already own, that's what it boils down to. I don't care about a lot of
> games
>> MS adds to the BC list, but I still like to see more games being added because
> it
>> shows their dedication to the program and I know there are people out there who
> like
>> games I may not. BC was also straight up the most requested feature between both
>> consoles.
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> Just remember back in the PS2 days and even early PS3 it getting mocked and cast
> aside as a feature. I know its a matter of how much I would use it and that my personal
> preference does not mean it's going to be the same preference for everyone... never
> said it did. We are in agreement that Sony's BC offering is a money grab. MS released
> some stats on BC awhile ago and while the number was pretty huge when it was averaged
> out it did not seem so amazing, but again it's a good feature and having options
> is never a bad thing.
>
>
>

I never remember people mocking PS2 or PS3's BC, I also remember people making a huge deal about the PS2 being BC because it was revolutionary on account of it being the first home console t do that. Not sure which fanboys were mocking PS3 being backwards compatibility, especially since the 360's BC became available a full year before the PS3 even launched.


tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
5-Jan-2018(#19)
I remember when the snes was coming out our parents wouldn't get it because it wasnt bc. Not sure why that was a sticking point.

Ya since there really isn't emulation for og it's nice I hope they open it up more. I've already played a round of pirates and will probably play crimson skies again at some point. Kotor is a great addition as well im sure they will add Kotor 2 and I'd like to see Jade empire even though all that is on PC too

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
5-Jan-2018(#20)
Parents were mad with the SNES because games were expensive AF back then and now they were seeing all those games are pretty much worthless because the new console their kids want couldn't play them. I think after adjusting for inflation, NES games were typically $100/ea in todays money. 2 guys I work with refused to get an X1 at launch because of no BC, so some people really had an issue with.

Clown
GameTZ Subscriber 700 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
5-Jan-2018(#21)
dustin11 wrote:
> Here are all the available games right now:
>
> 940 528{imgt}
>
>

The only two I can think of that they really need to add is Conker live and reloaded and Star Wars Battlefront II(The OG one)
six
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
5-Jan-2018(#22)
I would like Gta San Andreas aswell the original Xbox had two player coop where you could just free roam.
DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
5-Jan-2018(#23)
Aw man, I forgot to hold onto KOTOR, sold KOTOR 1 and 2 on eBay a while back.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
5-Jan-2018(#24)
My #1 most wanted right now is probably Panzer Dragoon Orta, followed by JSRF.

tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
8-Jan-2018(#25)
im hoping there aren't licensing problems on those those would be great additions.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 8-Jan-2018(#26)
I think the licensing would be really easy because they IPs are 100% owned by Sega. I think it may come down to Sega saying yes and the games having a big enough following to warrant MS spending the time to emulate them.

tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
8-Jan-2018(#27)
sweeet

Sid_Ceaser
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 6 Reviews
8-Jan-2018(#28)
Gimme JSR/JSRF and Space Channel 5 Special Edition.



Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
8-Jan-2018(#29)
My fiance would like to play 2player Cup head.... Looks like I am shopping for a Blue controller.


Did they redesign them lately? Because they feel cheaper then when I had my last XB1... It feels light and the sticks are loud when it's in use.




DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
8-Jan-2018(#30)
It's always been light and clicky to me. We've got controllers from all points of manufacture and they're all about the same to me.
Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
8-Jan-2018(#31)
I thought it was heavier, maybe I am just used to the dualshock. Itslouder then my dual shock aslo, maybe it just needs to be worn in? This is my first new Xbox... All the others I had were used.

tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
8-Jan-2018(#32)
I haven't noticed a weight difference, my son thinks the older ones are lighter, he has an S with a white one, and swears its heavier. I like the new redesign, the texturing feels really nice.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
8-Jan-2018(#33)
I have a day one edition controller and a project scorpio edition, they both feel the same. You may be used to the feel of the 360 controllers? Those ones I think felt heavier.

Anxiouz
850 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
9-Jan-2018(#34)
I think they changed some of plastic on the controllers...I specifically remember reading about the S controller at some point. It was very subtle what they changed.
Sid_Ceaser
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 6 Reviews
9-Jan-2018(#35)
Speaking of backward compatibility, these two delayed-christmas presents just arrived:

image

Yay!



six
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan-2018(#36)
They added a grip to the back of the controller with the s.
Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
9-Jan-2018(#37)
dustin11 wrote:
> I have a day one edition controller and a project scorpio edition, they both feel
> the same. You may be used to the feel of the 360 controllers? Those ones I think
> felt heavier.
>
>


They were, but I have not played a 360 or used the controller in awhile. It just feels different. I am not a fan of lighter controllers. I figure d the dual shock to be perfectly wieghted it's my favorite controller this gen... I would say the 360 controller was my favorite controller last gen though.

Ah well, I am just looking for deals on a pink or blue XB1 controller.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 9-Jan-2018(#38)
Finn wrote:
> dustin11 wrote:
>> I have a day one edition controller and a project scorpio edition, they both feel
>> the same. You may be used to the feel of the 360 controllers? Those ones I think
>> felt heavier.
>>
>>
>
>
> They were, but I have not played a 360 or used the controller in awhile. It just
> feels different. I am not a fan of lighter controllers. I figure d the dual shock
> to be perfectly wieghted it's my favorite controller this gen... I would say the
> 360 controller was my favorite controller last gen though.
>
> Ah well, I am just looking for deals on a pink or blue XB1 controller.
>
>

Its probably that you're just more used to the DS4.



tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
9-Jan-2018(#40)
I'd lost hope in Sea of thieves after seeing it and it was nothing like Sid meiers pirates. Lately I've opened myself up a little more to giving it a chance, but I didn't sign up for the insider thing.. but will probably check out a couple streams. I just don't think all the randoms running around will make this a good experience. Hope I'm wrong.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan-2018(#41)
Everyone I know of who've participated in the beta have really liked the game. I just hope that Rare finds a way to match-make the trolls together and keep the from joining everyone else's game session.

six
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan-2018(#42)
Sea of thieves should he cheaper imo, you need a group who constant plays to have fun.
michaeld
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
10-Jan-2018(#43)
Sea of Thieves looks great but I wish there was a single player as well, I rarely play multiplayer games
Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
10-Jan-2018(#44)
No single player in SoT? my interest just turned into a pass until it's greatly reduced in price. I was really hopping for a single player in this... Now more then ever PotC needs to be released via BC on Xbox to get my pirate fix.

michaeld
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
10-Jan-2018(#45)
Maybe there is but I assumed no since I have only seen co op stuff
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
10-Jan-2018(#46)
Finn wrote:
> No single player in SoT? my interest just turned into a pass until it's greatly reduced
> in price. I was really hopping for a single player in this... Now more then ever
> PotC needs to be released via BC on Xbox to get my pirate fix.
>
>

sid meiers pirates is on there with BC, though the pc version is still superior, it holds up really well though for me, smp is one of my top 10 franchises ever.


six
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan-2018(#47)
Assassins creed iv is also a really fun pirate game, once your far enough into the story you can just roam the seas looting and upgrading your ship.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan-2018(#48)
Theres no "solo campaign" in SoT, but you can play it single player, its just more difficult to do so since you would be trying to do everything on the boat by yourself (hoist the sails, steer it the ship, shoot the cannons, patch up damage, etc....). Like I said earlier though, Rare needs to be really good about keeping trolls out of other people's world as much as possible who don't want to play with them because it would be frustrating really quickly if people only to try and ruin the game you're having with a group of friends.

tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
10-Jan-2018(#49)
maybe there is going to be a way to filter or if you set your own group make it a closed session?

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 10-Jan-2018(#50)
That would be cool. I think it may be difficult to filter out trolls though since, well, you know, thats kind of what being a pirate is all about. That's the only thing that I could see being slightly annoying. I wouldn't mind just cruising around by myself every so often but it would get annoying when you come across a bunch of users who aren't interesting in being anything other than complete bastards.

tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
10-Jan-2018(#51)
that's what im thinking... it will be disappointing if they don't make a way for you and your group to close off and just play whatever the quest is supposed to be.

Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
12-Jan-2018(#52)
Wow, finally got to playing Recore with my free trial of Xbox game pass, and I'm having a blast. Such a good game so far. This game would have been special it seems if it had launched in the state it is now.
Anxiouz
850 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 12-Jan-2018(#53)
That's on my list to play. Recore looks like it is fun.

But I'm struggling to see what MS has in 2018 besides Crackdown 3 that I'm interested in (that they've announced). Forza Horizon 4 should be bomb but that's unofficial... Anything else exclusive that's noteworthy?
Clown
GameTZ Subscriber 700 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
12-Jan-2018(#54)
Crackdown 3 (hopefully)
Sea of Thieves
State of Decay 2 (hopefully)

These are the big three and I want all three. Exclusive wise thats about it. Crackdown and state of decay still dont have a date.

Ashen comes out too but Im not excited for that plus it may not come out in 2018.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 12-Jan-2018(#55)
MS said they're no longer announcing games until they're nearly finished and closer to launch, they're not playing the game of showing the same games for 3 years straight because too much changes in development time and people end up pissed that the game that launched wasn't exactly the same as the one shown 3 years ago.

Recore was a ton of fun. Really, not a whole lot changed other than an added corebot, a new area, and slightly faster load times. I got the game at launch and have earned all but like ~100 achievement points. The state it launched in was way over exaggerated.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
15-Jan-2018(#56)
Forza Horizon 3 4k update released today and should be up and available for those who have an X. Update includes:

-4k resolution
-HDR
-better textures
-faster load times
-increased LOD and draw distance.

http://gearnuke.com/forza-horizon-3-xbox-one-x-upd...
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Jan-2018(#57)
A new version of the Elite controller is rumored to be in the works.

https://www.thenerdmag.com/xbox-elite-controller-v...
michaeld
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 16-Jan-2018(#58)
Check your local Wal-Mart, I picked up three Samsung 40" 4k HDR tvs for 169 each
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sk...
Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
16-Jan-2018(#59)
michaeld wrote:
> Check your local Wal-Mart, I picked up three Samsung 40" 4k HDR tvs for 169 each

Is 4k and hdr noticeable at that size?
michaeld
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
16-Jan-2018(#60)
Im sure HDR is, not certain about 4k
DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 16-Jan-2018(#61)
Actually they tend to take all the good hardware out of Sub-50'' TVs that make HDR actually look even remotely impressive, anything that small you're getting something that more or less spoofs HDR. It's HDR10 compatible probably, but it's crap compared to good HDR implementations. You can pop on in to Best Buy and just take a look at the short bus shelf for 10-15 minutes, then walk over to the big boys. Then walk back. You're only gonna find 1-2 TVs in the sub-50 range that look good at all, and most of em have crap lighting. Almost made a mistake and picked up an LG with "HDR" since it was at a nice price, but honestly you don't wanna cheap out on TVs if you're going 4K HDR. You don't have to run out and get the most expensive boxes ever but you should definitely take very long, careful looks at what you're about to buy before you buy it
michaeld
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
16-Jan-2018(#62)
The price is the point here guys, 169!
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Jan-2018(#63)
with a 55"tv, you need to be sitting no further than 6' away to notice a difference between 4k and 1080p. With a 40" you need to probably be no further than 2' away from it to see a difference. I don't really see the point in putting 4k in a set this small.
Groo
550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
16-Jan-2018(#64)
michaeld wrote:
> The price is the point here guys, 169!

No Doubt!
Best Buy is $449.99

As soon as this ice melts will head out and get either one or two.

DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 16-Jan-2018(#65)
michaeld wrote:
> The price is the point here guys, 169!

Was $350+ when I checked. Must not have lasted long. It's $449 now
Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
17-Jan-2018(#66)
dustin11 wrote:
> with a 55"tv, you need to be sitting no further than 6' away to notice a difference
> between 4k and 1080p. With a 40" you need to probably be no further than 2' away
> from it to see a difference. I don't really see the point in putting 4k in a set
> this small.

Then it would be great as a computer monitor?
michaeld
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 17-Jan-2018(#67)
When you click on a brickseek link the first page will always show a retail or normal price, you have to enter your zip code and it will show stores in your area and the clearance price
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
17-Jan-2018(#68)
Shane12m wrote:
> dustin11 wrote:
>> with a 55"tv, you need to be sitting no further than 6' away to notice a difference
>> between 4k and 1080p. With a 40" you need to probably be no further than 2' away
>> from it to see a difference. I don't really see the point in putting 4k in a set
>> this small.
>
> Then it would be great as a computer monitor?


this was my thinking, as ive been thinking about this... https://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&lo... but will probably for just a little more still get this 144hz monitor as sitting right on top a 40 inch tv may have been a tad much


Slickriven
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
17-Jan-2018(#69)
This might not be the correct thread, but does anyone on here still play The Division (on X1)?
I beat it with my friend around a year ago and just got back into it this weekend and really like the changes and improvements to it. So I'm looking for some people to possibly play with in most situations - DZ, campaign missions, the new(er) west pier, etc.
I'm also considering buying the Season Pass, though it was recently onsale from M$ store, so who knows if/when it'll be cheap again.

If this is the wrong place, sorry.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 17-Jan-2018(#70)
Shane12m wrote:
> dustin11 wrote:
>> with a 55"tv, you need to be sitting no further than 6' away to notice a difference
>> between 4k and 1080p. With a 40" you need to probably be no further than 2' away
>> from it to see a difference. I don't really see the point in putting 4k in a set
>> this small.
>
> Then it would be great as a computer monitor?

No, because refresh rates and stuff aren't anywhere as good as what you get with a monitor and you wouldn't be getting any of the good monitor bells and whistles like freesync. I'm sure the HDR is also pretty subpar on this monitor as well.

Heres the chart for how close to sit:
image
six
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
17-Jan-2018(#71)
Slickriven wrote:
> This might not be the correct thread, but does anyone on here still play The Division
> (on X1)?
> I beat it with my friend around a year ago and just got back into it this weekend
> and really like the changes and improvements to it. So I'm looking for some people
> to possibly play with in most situations - DZ, campaign missions, the new(er) west
> pier, etc.
> I'm also considering buying the Season Pass, though it was recently onsale from M$
> store, so who knows if/when it'll be cheap again.
>
> If this is the wrong place, sorry.
>
>
I just got the season pass for the game and I'm down to play but I'm only level 10.
Slickriven
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
17-Jan-2018(#72)
six wrote:
> I just got the season pass for the game and I'm down to play but I'm only level 10.

Cool man, I PM'd you.

Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
18-Jan-2018(#73)

So I tried browsing on the Xbox one, I will say the browser is so far better, but then again it should be since MS has been making one since the dawn of the internet lol








justin_credible
Gold Good Trader
19-Jan-2018(#74)
michaeld wrote:
> The price is the point here guys, 169!

One Sixty Nine, that's what she said.
six
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
19-Jan-2018(#75)
Would you like to ride my rocket 69?
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
19-Jan-2018(#76)
in the past ive mentioned the problem of us having three xboxes in the house, and since everything is tied to my main account, we can only use two at at time, one as the "home" box and daughter plays on it under her name without me having to be actively signed in, and son plays on another with me signed in along with his own name, but plays on his own name, but since im logged in, he can access everything and play online as well.

it occurred to me today that the solution could be simple.. if im going to play an offline game, just pull the ethernet out of mine... ? would this cause any problems? i want to get kingdom come deliverance on the OneX but im gonna go ps4 probably since i wont be able to play while they are doing their fortnite/minecrafting.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
19-Jan-2018(#77)
You should be able to manually disconnect from the internet on the dashboard. I think its the option to "go offline" or something like that.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
20-Jan-2018(#78)
Nice I will look into that.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
20-Jan-2018(#79)
You can chose to go offline manually without having to disconnect anything by going to:

Settings/Network/Network Settings/Go Offline

Your account may have to resync some game data after you come back online but that typically goes by really quickly, like ~10 seconds depending on the game.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
20-Jan-2018(#80)
Nice. As long as the game doesn't require an online connection that should work nicely

Topic   Xbox One Discussion