VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   Xbox One Discussion

oneluckybullet
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-May-2017(#1)
This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/xbox-one-di...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/xbox-one-di...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/xbox-one-di...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/xbox-one-di...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/xbox-one-di...


Surge came out today. so far not bad. very nioh and bloodborn feel as in fast combat. switching limbs takes some getting used to.

Phantom Dust remaster is supposed to be out today for free.

injustice came out today as well. grabbed that on my ps4 though,
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
27-Feb-2018(#2)
I don't think so, I actually liked the black and white buttons on the controller S quite a bit, but its so hard to go back to controllers with no shoulder buttons now. almost as weird as single stick games like dreamcast that move the camera with the shoulders

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
27-Feb-2018(#3)
Maybe, but if I do then it will just be for display purposes.
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
27-Feb-2018(#4)
For a second, I thought he meant the new Duke as in Duke Nukem. I was about to go to town, kicking ass and chewing bubble gum all the way.
Luminous
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
27-Feb-2018(#5)
tonymack21 wrote:
> I don't think so, I actually liked the black and white buttons on the controller
> S quite a bit, but its so hard to go back to controllers with no shoulder buttons
> now. almost as weird as single stick games like dreamcast that move the camera with
> the shoulders
>
>

Yeah it is so awkward, especially the way the Duke is set up with the buttons.

Still that animation in the jewel is pretty sweet.

https://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/96824177258006...

These are special green ones made for press, team members that helped build the controller, etc. Hyperkin is supposed to give one away.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
* 27-Feb-2018(#6)
I liked the black and white button placement a lot better than on the "S". It may have been because I used the Duke a lot more than the "S" as I never found it too large or bulky of a controller.
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
27-Feb-2018(#7)
Neat!

The Witcher 2 and More 360 Games Are Getting Xbox One X Enhancements http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/27/the-witcher...
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
27-Feb-2018(#8)
TalonJedi87 wrote:
> Neat!
>
> The Witcher 2 and More 360 Games Are Getting Xbox One X Enhancements http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/27/the-witcher...?

siiiiick

michaeld
Gold Good Trader
27-Feb-2018(#9)
Damn MS is killing it with updates and features
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
27-Feb-2018(#10)
Not only that, they added a graphics mode or performance mode option for all X enhanced BC games.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
27-Feb-2018(#11)
oh that's a pretty cool feature. I hope they keep this kind of thing up maybe force Sony's hand a little

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
27-Feb-2018(#12)
Sony will probably do BC next gen. I know one of their execs hates BC and said something along the lines of: "Those games look horrible, why would you ever want to play those?", after seeing PSX games running at some gaming show last year. My guess is they will only do BC as far back as PS4 because PS2 is too old that they probably don't see the use in it and the PS3 was a horrible monster to develop for, so emulation would be a nightmare so their only option would be put the cell processor into each PS5 and up goes the cost. Microsoft even said that you can't brute force BC, the X couldn't even really brute force OG Xbox or 360 games, its just how things like that work I guess. Unfortunately for Sony, and their fans, they're probably stuck with PSNow from now into the foreseeable futures as far as BC is concerned.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
27-Feb-2018(#13)
ya sadly, thankfully my pc can emulate ps2 really well so im pretty set there, though i do have a BC ps3 i want to keep the hours off it, shes a day one and still kickin, but the upscaling is so good on a decent pc with pcsx2 its like playing a ps3 game. same with ps1. id be happy enough if they would just make the ps5 BC with ps4, and my whole psn library, but that is a lot of ps3 too, so if they don't go ps3 BC that wont work, but the rpcs3 guys are making real progress. they have a lot of games playing now in their emulator and the ps5 should as or more powerful than any current pc so maybe they can emu it.. i guess we will see. ive got a super slim to keep the hours off my fatty and im about to try and mod a slim to put my disc library on, which isn't much, i already have so much of my library on psn, so i guess im not really that concerned about pre ps4 BC in ps5 but it would be nice to see them do it going forward, the only thing about emu's and ripping to a modded system is no dlc which wasn't a thing back then or at least as much as now.

and ya i cant remember which sony exec it was but it was one of the American ones i think? it was gran turismo 2 and it was as you said, he was like who would play this when you can play what we have now? if MS keeps killing it though they may just do it, and hopefully ps4 BC wouldn't be too hard for them to do, id love to be able to use all my ps4 and up psn library from now on.

Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
* 27-Feb-2018(#14)
In all fairness we had BC up until this Gen and part of the last gen... and it was not a widely used feature. I used it more when I had a PS2 and played PSone games mainly. I think I tried it on PS3 a few times but stopped. Crimson Skies has been my first go at using BC in a good 9 maybe 10 years. I would be good with starting fresh starting over with PS4 BC...

If I could get Steel Battalion and that monster joystick working on an XB1 I would be over that... I had it back in the day and I have no clue what happened to it.. maybe got lost in one of the many moves I had to do then... frown








dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
27-Feb-2018(#15)
That same buy was saying that BC is a much requested feature but no one actually uses it and tried to sque the data to make it look like only 1% of X1 users play games via BC. If they do BC its probably going to a half hearted attempt like: "Okay, here it is now shut up about it", kind of thing. With how complex games are becoming, BC is seemingly getting more difficult to pull off. Even MS, the worlds largest software company, had some serious difficulties emulating 360 to X1 despite both consoles being pretty straight forwards from a hardware stand point.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
27-Feb-2018(#16)
Finn wrote:
> In all fairness we had BC up until this Gen and part of the last gen... and it was
> not a widely used feature. I used it more when I had a PS2 and played PSone games
> mainly. I think I tried it on PS3 a few times but stopped. Crimson Skies has been
> my first go at using BC in a good 9 maybe 10 years. I would be good with starting
> fresh starting over with PS4 BC...

I played a ton of Xbox games on my 360 for the first few years I owned the console. Hell, I play probably 30% BC 70% X1 right now because of game pass and GwG. PS3's BC was also cut short by Sony removing the feature from the hardware as they put a mini PS2 in there in order to play native BC. It was too expensive and the PS3 was bleeding money so they tossed it.

>
> If I could get Steel Battalion and that monster joystick working on an XB1 I would
> be over that... I had it back in the day and I have no clue what happened to it..
> maybe got lost in one of the many moves I had to do then... frown
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

I think that game has shot up in value considerably because it wasn't a huge seller and most of those controllers were lost from people getting rid of them to free up space.
Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
27-Feb-2018(#17)
dustin11 wrote:
> That same buy was saying that BC is a much requested feature but no one actually
> uses it and tried to sque the data to make it look like only 1% of X1 users play
> games via BC. If they do BC its probably going to a half hearted attempt like: "Okay,
> here it is now shut up about it", kind of thing. With how complex games are becoming,
> BC is seemingly getting more difficult to pull off. Even MS, the worlds largest software
> company, had some serious difficulties emulating 360 to X1 despite both consoles
> being pretty straight forwards from a hardware stand point.



I am not trying to bash anything, but if you are a PS4 owner you are pretty damn content with what you have to play... If the Xbox 1 was my only console I would be looking at BC more because when compared to the other two it is lacking quality exclusives. The only reason I used BC on my PS2 is because I got my PSX late, and had a bunch of games that I wanted to play. I ended up trading in my PSX for my PS2 (I did not have the room to keep it).

I did not have much use for it on PS3 and have had no desire to play older games. This from a guy who was ALL about BC.



Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
27-Feb-2018(#18)
dustin11 wrote:
> Finn wrote:
>> In all fairness we had BC up until this Gen and part of the last gen... and it
> was
>> not a widely used feature. I used it more when I had a PS2 and played PSone games
>> mainly. I think I tried it on PS3 a few times but stopped. Crimson Skies has been
>> my first go at using BC in a good 9 maybe 10 years. I would be good with starting
>> fresh starting over with PS4 BC...
>
> I played a ton of Xbox games on my 360 for the first few years I owned the console.
> Hell, I play probably 30% BC 70% X1 right now because of game pass and GwG. PS3's
> BC was also cut short by Sony removing the feature from the hardware as they put
> a mini PS2 in there in order to play native BC. It was too expensive and the PS3
> was bleeding money so they tossed it.
>
>>
>> If I could get Steel Battalion and that monster joystick working on an XB1 I would
>> be over that... I had it back in the day and I have no clue what happened to it..
>> maybe got lost in one of the many moves I had to do then... frown
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> I think that game has shot up in value considerably because it wasn't a huge seller
> and most of those controllers were lost from people getting rid of them to free up
> space.



I just looked on Ebay.. DAMMIT! What a think to loose. That game was awesome, I could only imagine playing it on my big screen now instead of a 27" CRT ...

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
27-Feb-2018(#19)
Finn wrote:
> dustin11 wrote:
>> That same buy was saying that BC is a much requested feature but no one actually
>> uses it and tried to sque the data to make it look like only 1% of X1 users play
>> games via BC. If they do BC its probably going to a half hearted attempt like:
> "Okay,
>> here it is now shut up about it", kind of thing. With how complex games are becoming,
>> BC is seemingly getting more difficult to pull off. Even MS, the worlds largest
> software
>> company, had some serious difficulties emulating 360 to X1 despite both consoles
>> being pretty straight forwards from a hardware stand point.
>
>
>
> I am not trying to bash anything, but if you are a PS4 owner you are pretty damn
> content with what you have to play... If the Xbox 1 was my only console I would be
> looking at BC more because when compared to the other two it is lacking quality exclusives.
> The only reason I used BC on my PS2 is because I got my PSX late, and had a bunch
> of games that I wanted to play. I ended up trading in my PSX for my PS2 (I did not
> have the room to keep it).
>
> I did not have much use for it on PS3 and have had no desire to play older games.
> This from a guy who was ALL about BC.
>
>
>
>

Plenty to play on the Xbox as well. I play 360 games frequently because the games they have up for free are ones I've never played before and they look like fun. I've not really touched a AAA game since probably Forza 7. I still have like 8 sealed games, ones like Gears 4, Witcher 3, Batman AK, FFXV, and plenty more. I've just been having fun replaying classics and smaller games recently.
Dustin
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
27-Feb-2018(#20)
Really shocked the guy with a hardon for PlayStation "doesn't care about backwards compatibility ".
Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
27-Feb-2018(#21)
Dustin wrote:
> Really shocked the guy with a hardon for PlayStation "doesn't care about backwards
> compatibility ".

I don't. did once.. like I said Crimson Skies was my first trip back in BC in many years! Most games don't hold up well for me unless they are Nintendo...

Really though you should at least know that my gaming Hardon has and always will be for Sony and Nintendo and well PC. PC used to give me a big hardon, now it's kind of a soft woody.



SilverOwl
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Secret Santa
27-Feb-2018(#22)
dustin11 wrote:
> Not only that, they added a graphics mode or performance mode option for all X enhanced
> BC games.

Where is the option at for this?
I noticed that Witcher 2, fallout 3, oblivion and gears 3 all had an update today, but didn't really know what for.
But I would love to know the option to change between graphics and performance, just to mess around with it
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
* 27-Feb-2018(#23)
Not sure, I just saw it mentioned in one of the articles I was reading. I'm going to assume somewhere in the options menu perhaps?
Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
27-Feb-2018(#24)
I am tempted to try Fallout 3, I never did and from what I hear is it had it's issues on PS3... There was a GoTY edition correct?




dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
27-Feb-2018(#25)
If Bethesda made it, theres a 100% guarantee it won't run well on a Sony console.
Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
27-Feb-2018(#26)
True, have no idea what there issue is... Fallout 4 worked fine though... but they had issues with the PS3. I bought Fallout 3 on my 360 at EB games when they were clearing out used games back on 2012 or something but never did get around to playing it. I would love a console version of Fallout 2 though.. I played the crap out of that one.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
* 27-Feb-2018(#27)
I think because they are familiar with Windows and DirectX and don't like OpenGL and whatever OS Sony uses nearly as much.
Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
27-Feb-2018(#28)
Could be, I remember it being an issue with the save files... Oh well I am sure I can find it cheap enough and now that it's enhanced on the X1... I really need to giver a go.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
27-Feb-2018(#29)
At least with Skyrim, the issue was that everything you ever did the game had to be saved to your save file, so once you did too many little things in the game, it struggled to keep those in its memory and also run the game simultaneously and the result was the frame rate dropped to like 2fps.
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
* 27-Feb-2018(#30)
So long as MS keeps the BC train a' rollin', I'll be a happy guy. Eventually Sony is probably going to pretty much remake all their landmark PS2/3 exclusives to make a quick buck, so I'll settle for being able to play many 1st and 3rd party 360 and OG Xbox games on the XB1.
michaeld
Gold Good Trader
* 28-Feb-2018(#31)
michaeld
Gold Good Trader
28-Feb-2018(#32)
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
28-Feb-2018(#33)
Those look really nice, and I'm viewing them currently on only a 1080p screen. They cleaned up very nicely.
michaeld
Gold Good Trader
* 28-Feb-2018(#34)
Yeah pretty impressive, especially when this is something that they didnt even have to do and is free. Their one platform strategy and backwards compatibility will be even better going forward and a huge plus as time goes on
Dustin
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
28-Feb-2018(#35)
What game is that
michaeld
Gold Good Trader
28-Feb-2018(#36)
Not sure which Crackdown or Forza, I saw these on another site
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
28-Feb-2018(#37)
Crackdown 1 and Forza Horizon 1
michaeld
Gold Good Trader
28-Feb-2018(#38)
My memory may be way off but that looks to compare very good with the new Crackdown that I have seen
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
28-Feb-2018(#40)
Anyone get a message about a getting a free month of Xbox Live? I just logged on and saw a message sitting there and it appears MS sent me a message saying: "Congratulations! You completed you January Xbox Quest. Your Reward is? 1-month of Xbox Live Gold! Redeem on your console or xbox.com/redeemcode by 6/30/2018"

Seems suspect because the English is spotty ("you completed you January Xbox Quest) and that questions mark is one of those white diamond shapes with a little "?" in the middle). Seems too sloppy for any sort of official MS email.
Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
28-Feb-2018(#41)
Bought Forza Horizon 3, with all the DL for $56 CAD. Decided to give it a go.




Ryan
550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
* 28-Feb-2018(#42)
dustin11 wrote:
> Anyone get a message about a getting a free month of Xbox Live? I just logged on
> and saw a message sitting there and it appears MS sent me a message saying: "Congratulations!
> You completed you January Xbox Quest. Your Reward is? 1-month of Xbox Live Gold!
> Redeem on your console or xbox.com/redeemcode by 6/30/2018"
>
> Seems suspect because the English is spotty ("you completed you January Xbox
> Quest) and that questions mark is one of those white diamond shapes with a little
> "?" in the middle). Seems too sloppy for any sort of official MS email.

Xbox has rewards for game pass and xbl gold. Code is supposed to be random, but I think it's drawn for a bag of a few codes. Mine was $5 MS credit. It is legit. They've had it monthly for months now. Codes taken 2-3 weeks after the prior month ends to trickle in. Here is more info:
https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread....

You can also see it on your dashboard or in the gamepass screen.

edit: I should note this should come via XBL message in a certain tab designated for messages through Microsoft
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
28-Feb-2018(#43)
Okay, it probably is legit then. There were so many typographical errors in it that it raised some red flags.
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
28-Feb-2018(#44)
I just started Vanquish on 360 via BC. Holy crap this game is awesome! Classic Platinum over the top mayhem action. I also heard that Vanquish 2 is in the works as well and Microsoft is brokering a deal with Sega to make it an XB1 exclusive.
Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
28-Feb-2018(#45)
To bad Forza is not 60fps on 4k but it sure is beautiful.




dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
28-Feb-2018(#46)
Vanquish was fantastic. Playing on hard mode realm teaches you how to play the game properly, its almost an entirely new game.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
28-Feb-2018(#47)
Finn wrote:
> To bad Forza is not 60fps on 4k but it sure is beautiful.
>
>
>
>
>

The fps never really bothered me much in that game because its such an arcadey crash through fences, go off jumps type of game that I didn't feel like I needed the extra 30 to whip around and rack up crazy combos. If Forza 7 only had 30 I wouldn't have bought the game, period.
Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
28-Feb-2018(#48)
It still feeling like it trying to hard to be extreme, but I can't wait for some hot wheels action!




dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
28-Feb-2018(#49)
They try to promote you to have fun and do stuff you typically don't associated Forza with, like hit trash cans, light pulls, bushes, scrape other cars wen passing, etc.... Most of the game I just cruised around and my own thing and did whichever races I felt like. The game is kind of like what you would have if Midway never went bankrupt and continued evolving the Rush franchise. Having a racer where you just screw around and do whatever you want has been missing in video games since probably Rush 2049 back on the Dreamcast.
Finn
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
28-Feb-2018(#50)
Loved rush 2049!!


Probably going to get Burnout Paradise on the 1x... I do prefer it's controller for racers.

six
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
28-Feb-2018(#51)

I only got 500k in gta online for Xbox quests
Slickriven
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
1-Mar-2018(#52)
Horizon games remind me somewhat of the recent Need 4 Speed series or even Midnight Club, only not tied to 'the tuner' scene. I tend to like free-roam driving/racing games and searching for things, exploring and just generally messing around without having to only compete in races. I beat Horizon 1 after it was GwG, then got H2 and beat 50+ series, nearly got to level 200 and did just about everything else, then moved on to H3 and have enjoyed it a lot. I thought H2 was pretty good, but H3 is a lot better, different and better.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
1-Mar-2018(#53)
Horizon 2 got stale too quickly because I found myself getting tired of doing the same races just with different classes of cars. Horizon 3 pretty much just lets you do whatever you want to do whenever you want to do it which I find makes it much more enjoyable to play over the long run. Playground really outdid themselves in FH3. I'm really looking forward to FH4 as its rumored to take place in Japan and will use the X as the lead platform so we should see a noticeable increase in overall performance. Should be a good E3.
Wheels617
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago) Secret Santa
1-Mar-2018(#54)
Anyone know when amazon plans on listing Burnout Paradise remastered? Its due out in less than three weeks and still says unavailable.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
1-Mar-2018(#55)
All I know is that Amazon sucks and I will never order games through them ever again. Seems like many other places have it up for preorder including Best Buy.
Wheels617
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago) Secret Santa
1-Mar-2018(#56)
Yeah I might hit someone up who has gcu if amazon doesn't hurry up!
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
1-Mar-2018(#57)
My Amazon game transactions this past year when using "prime":

Switch: 1 day late.
Zelda BotW: 2 days late.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 :2 days late.
Snipperclips: Never delivered, lost in the mail.

BestBuy seems to be better about making sure the game arrive on time.
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
1-Mar-2018(#58)
I tried adding Burnout Paradise and Asassin's Creed Rogue remastered on Amazon and they told me to go f myself so I went to my Best Buy app and I found Burnout Paradise, but AC: Rogue is still absent, so I am wondering if Rogue is getting a physical release at all since it's only about 2 weeks from release.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
1-Mar-2018(#59)
ive been wondering about rogue myself I still haven't seen it anywhere, I wonder if there is a delay that just isn't announced yet?

Slickriven
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
1-Mar-2018(#60)
dustin11 wrote:
> Horizon 2 got stale too quickly because I found myself getting tired of doing the
> same races just with different classes of cars. Horizon 3 pretty much just lets you
> do whatever you want to do whenever you want to do it which I find makes it much
> more enjoyable to play over the long run. Playground really outdid themselves in
> FH3. I'm really looking forward to FH4 as its rumored to take place in Japan and
> will use the X as the lead platform so we should see a noticeable increase in overall
> performance. Should be a good E3.

Agree on FH2 getting boring sadly too quickly. I found it to be really good looking and I was partly waiting for a sale on FH3 so I stuck with it longer. But after you become 'Horizon Champion' for the 2nd time and if you've explored enough of the game you really can quit then. The whole forced roadtrip approach the game takes just gets too old too fast. And I also agree that there didn't seem to be enough tracks, it felt like if you went to say St. Martain a few times and drove only road cars, you were simply running the same tracks over and over. I will say that I slightly enjoyed the exploration feel of the off road point-2-point races in FH2, possibly better than FH3's offroading... But FH3 has over 100 more roads to traverse vs. FH2 and many of those are dirt roads that are used in most offroading tracks. After many hours in FH3, I'm 2 upgrades from fully upgraded at festival sites and still enjoying the huge amount of things to do in the game.

I think just the way that FH3 unfolds vs. the way FH2 did, you feel more engauged and you have so much more varitey of things to do. At this point I've driven down all of the roads and have around 75% of the board found/smashed, but I still have plenty of PR events, drift/speed zones to find or set better scores on, danger signs to attempt and illegal road races to try, plus I've only visited the Hot Wheels island once briefly and still have easily more than 50% of the Blizzard Mountain region to deal with.

I'll be looking forward to FH4 in Japan for sure, but if it takes a while to come out that's fine with me b/c I've still got plenty to do in FH3.

DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
1-Mar-2018(#61)
dustin11 wrote:
> My Amazon game transactions this past year when using "prime":
>
> Switch: 1 day late.
> Zelda BotW: 2 days late.
> Xenoblade Chronicles 2 :2 days late.
> Snipperclips: Never delivered, lost in the mail.
>
> BestBuy seems to be better about making sure the game arrive on time.
>

Amazon's crap, I only order new release bluray crap from them now, since I'm VERY often buying used product being sold to me as new, on top of crap like you just mentioned.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
* 1-Mar-2018(#62)
DiamondDave wrote:
> dustin11 wrote:
>> My Amazon game transactions this past year when using "prime":
>>
>> Switch: 1 day late.
>> Zelda BotW: 2 days late.
>> Xenoblade Chronicles 2 :2 days late.
>> Snipperclips: Never delivered, lost in the mail.
>>
>> BestBuy seems to be better about making sure the game arrive on time.
>>
>
> Amazon's crap, I only order new release bluray crap from them now, since I'm VERY
> often buying used product being sold to me as new, on top of crap like you just mentioned.

My Wife ordered something on amazon for her business and it was nearly a week late. Their "prime" shipping is such trash now that I don't think I've ordered anything this past year, even outside of videogames, that has arrived on time. A lot of their name brand items are also fake Chinese knockoffs made to look legit. They're getting to be worse than Ebay.
DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 1-Mar-2018(#63)
They killed their QC, outsourced almost all CS. It's like we're back in 2002 or something. This was normal 2002 Amazon bullcrap.
Ryan
550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
1-Mar-2018(#64)
Amazon is great. Just checked my account. 684 orders placed in the last 6 months. Pretty close to no problems, maybe 3-5 total which is a great success rate. Each time I brought up a problem they replace the item or give me a credit for my troubles.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
1-Mar-2018(#65)
When they lost the last game I bought in the mail, they just refunded me the amount and that was it. I don't like dealing with their CS because it seems to be a robot that says the same thing each time and they just offer me a free month of amazon prime, which is useless. How about they instead invest that $8 into getting better CS and stop effing up all my orders.
Wheels617
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago) Secret Santa
1-Mar-2018(#66)
Their shipping dates have slid a little for me, like yeah its 2 day shipping but they may not ship it out for a day or two after the order. I haven't had anything lost though.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
1-Mar-2018(#67)
maybe im just so close to a hub but ive had good luck with prime shipments.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
1-Mar-2018(#68)
I live less than 10 miles from a major hub. My last shipment they drove it from the hub (south of me) to a city located 30 minutes north and then proceeded to lose it. That's typically the destination most my packages take for some reason. They legit drive less than 1 mile past my house just to drive it 30 minute away from me.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
* 1-Mar-2018(#69)
what carrier is doing that? if its ups or fedex I probably know why, I used to work at fedex and it would drive them crazy that I would deliver things out of service order but I didn't pass a stop lol,

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
* 1-Mar-2018(#70)
Its just listed as "currier" on their DC, so I think its Amazon's own people. I invision they're now using those flying monkeys from Wizard of Oz to deliver my stuff.......and Bezos is the Wicked Witch
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
1-Mar-2018(#71)
I think Amazon Prime just sucks when it comes to video games, especially new releases. I never have any issues with Best Buy getting games on the day of it's release. Heck, sometimes Best Buy even sends new releases early and I end up getting it a day or 2 before the street date. I think Amazon takes too many preorders sometimes than the supply they have on hand to meet the demand then it's like "oops - oh well, you have to wait an extra day or so for more stock to arrive" but all you see on the order page is is "shipment delayed" with no real reason why unless you go to live chat and nag the real reason for the delay out of them. But other than that, Amazon Prime is on point for me. I get a ton of crap on there unrelated to games and it arrives within 2 days or less sometimes.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
1-Mar-2018(#72)
lol.. ya it sounds like if you are that close maybe it is their own people. that's really odd, but unsurprising. im about a hundred miles from it so its still just the post office bringing mine, but it usually gets here in the two days

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
1-Mar-2018(#73)
I preordered the Handsome Jack Borderlands game from Best Buy only 2 days before release and they overnighted the game to me for no extra charge so I could get it on release day. That's why I go with them now, they're just more reliable.
Anxiouz
GameTZ Subscriber 850 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
1-Mar-2018(#74)
I've had nothing but great Amazon experiences. Pre-orders have always hit my doorstop the day of release, although I've seen a few Tuesday releases ship the previous Thur/Fri making me think I'd have it sooner. But nope.
six
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Mar-2018(#75)
Depends on what service they use for me, usps sucks. Missing packages or damaged.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
1-Mar-2018(#76)
For me FedEx beats the piss out of every box they get their hands on and USPS managed to put their slowest driver in the nation on our route. UPS is good though, never had an issue as long as I can remember.
Luminous
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
1-Mar-2018(#77)
Headshot
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
1-Mar-2018(#78)
what are the must have 4k games for the xb1x?
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
1-Mar-2018(#79)
Hmmm....Forza 7, Gears 4, Halo 5, Witcher 3 (never played it but its supposed to look great in 4k), Wolfenstein...thetes more, I just can't remember them right now.
Headshot
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
1-Mar-2018(#80)
ok - i have Gears and Halo...

Bought Monster Hunter - not overly impressed with the picture.

Topic   Xbox One Discussion