Vintage_Games

Topic   The Retro Trade Thread brand:::Nintendo Entertainment System brand:::Super Nintendo brand:::NEC PC Engine brand:::Sega brand:::Sega Saturn brand:::PlayStation brand:::Sega Dreamcast brand:::3DO brand:::Sega CD

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
11-Aug-2016(#1)
This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...


GTZ has become a marketplace where the most commonly traded commodity is brand:::PayPal. I want to start an effort to get some trades going and to discuss some good games perhaps you never heard of or interested in but want to discover/know more of. For example, I just got intto shmups after years of ignoring the genre and I love to discover new(to me) and rediscover old ones(Sonic Wings comes to mind).

No pressure here. Feel free to discuss anything retro. Perhaps throw out some WTTF targets and what you have to offer. I am sick of browsing people's year old Available lists.

Some examples:

- WTTF/WTB/LF
- What you think is awesome game/series/whatever
- Potential games you have up for trade
- Pics of what you have/what you would love to get/what you think is the bestest awesomest game ever
- Show off your latest finds/adds to your collection



Game Rooms

Antipop's Game Room



DefaultGen's Game Room



KiltedGunstar's Game Room



sharif's Game Room







For Trade/Available List

alexkidd401's FT

brand:::Nintendo Entertainment System
Battletoads (C)
Conquest of the Crystal Palace (C)
Kid Icarus (C)
King's Quest V (C)

brand:::Super Nintendo
Hook (C)
Mario is Missing! (C)

brand:::Nintendo GameCube
Chaos Field (CIB)
Kirby Air Ride (CIB)

brand:::Game Boy brand:::Game Boy Color brand:::Game Boy Advance brand:::Nintendo DS brand:::Nintendo 3DS
Pokemon Heartgold (C)

brand:::PlayStation brand:::PlayStation 2
Crash Bandicoot (Greatest Hits) (CB)
Final Fantasy Tactics (Greatest Hits) (CIB)

*SS* brand:::Sega Dreamcast
Area 51 (C)
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos (CIB)
Skies of Arcadia (CIB)
Sonic 3D Blast (C)
Sonic Jam (CIB)


ErickRPG's For Trade List:

All my games are very minty complete

brand:::3DO Mad Dog Mcree
brand:::3DO Mad Dog Mcree 2
brand:::3DO Return Fire
brand:::3DO Supreme Warrior
brand:::CD-i (Compact Disc Interactive) Mad Dog Mcree big box w/gun new

ALL INTV games brand new sealed mint cept Shark Shark, used mint
brand:::Intellivision AD&D Treasure of Tarmin
brand:::Intellivision Armor Battle
brand:::Intellivision B17 Bomber
brand:::Intellivision Bomb Squad
brand:::Intellivision Buzz Bombers
brand:::Intellivision Ice Trek
brand:::Intellivision Locomotion
brand:::Intellivision MicroSurgeon
brand:::Intellivision Nova Blast
brand:::Intellivision Shark Shark
brand:::Intellivision Sharp Shot
brand:::Intellivision Snafu
brand:::Intellivision Space Spartans
brand:::Intellivision Model 1 system clean w/box
brand:::Intellivision Intellivioce Module
brand:::Nintendo 64 Shadow Man sealed
brand:::Nintendo 64 Rainbow Six


FrictionPin's For Trade List

brand:::Game Boy Advance Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance CB
brand:::Game Boy Advance Lady Sia CIB (and a loose copy)
brand:::Game Boy Advance River City Ransom CIB
brand:::Game Boy Color Zelda Oracle of Ages CIB
brand:::Nintendo GameCube Beyond Good and Evil CIB
brand:::Nintendo GameCube Disney Sports Basketball CIB (and a loose copy)
brand:::Nintendo GameCube Disney Sports Football CIB
brand:::Nintendo GameCube Ikaruga CIB
brand:::Nintendo GameCube Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes CIB
brand:::Nintendo GameCube Time Splitters Future Perfect CIB
brand:::Nintendo 64 Atomic Orange Console with Controller Loose
brand:::Nintendo 64 Mega Man 64 New
brand:::Nintendo Entertainment System Pro Wrestling CIB
brand:::Nintendo Entertainment System Zelda II The Adventure of Link CIB
brand:::PlayStation Final Fantasy VIII New Greatest Hits
brand:::PlayStation Portable 1000 Console Black CIB
brand:::PlayStation Portable 3001 Console Black Loose
brand:::PlayStation Portable Breath of Fire III CIB
brand:::PlayStation Portable Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles New Favorites
brand:::PlayStation Portable Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection CIB Limited Edition
brand:::PlayStation Portable Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions New Greatest Hits
brand:::PlayStation Portable Legend of Heroes A Tear of Vermillion CIB
brand:::PlayStation Portable Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky New
brand:::PlayStation Portable Lord of Arcana New
brand:::PlayStation Portable Metal Slug Anthology New
brand:::PlayStation Portable Metal Slug XX CIB
brand:::PlayStation Portable Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together New (and a CIB copy)
brand:::PlayStation Portable Tales of the World Radiant Mythology New
brand:::PlayStation Portable Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins CIB
brand:::PlayStation Portable Untold Legends Brotherhood of the Blade CIB Greatest Hits
brand:::PlayStation Portable Valkyrie Profile Lenneth CIB
brand:::PlayStation Portable Ys I and II Chronicles CIB
brand:::PlayStation Portable Ys The Ark of Napishtim CIB
brand:::Super Nintendo Lufia and The Fortress of Doom Loose
brand:::Super Nintendo Romance of the Three Kingdoms III CIB
brand:::Super Nintendo Super Mario RPG CIB (and a loose copy)
brand:::Super Nintendo Tecmo Secret of the Stars Loose
brand:::Super Nintendo Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV Turtles in Time Loose
brand:::Super Nintendo Zelda Link to the Past CB


Gypsy's FT

Earth Defense Force (SNES)
Double Dragon (SFC)
Toe Jam & Earl 2 (GEN)
Beyond Oasis (GEN)
Alien Storm (GEN)
Golden Axe (GEN)
Afterburner II (GEN)
Xeodrifter (VITA)
Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)
F-Zero GX (GCN)
brand:::NEC TurboGrafx-16 Vigilante
brand:::NEC TurboGrafx-16 Legendary Axe
brand:::PlayStation Castlevania SOTN (GH)
PCE Controller (Orange, has turbo switches)


KiltedGunstar's FT

Fighters Megamix Japan SS
Game Ware vol. 2 Japan SS
Super Robot Wars F Japan SS
Sagaia Genesis cart only (some damage, pics available)
Thunder Force II Genesis (cart only)
Thunder Force III Gen (cart and box, no manual)
Wacky Worlds CIB w/ mouse Genesis
Rodea the Sky Soldier (sealed, Wii U w/ Wii version)
Gradius Collection (PSP UMD only)
PC Genjin 1 (pce cib jewel case)
Air Buster (Cart only, genesis)

Looking for: Shmups on several systems, mostly Saturn, PCE, and maybe Genesis. Willing to bundle a bunch together for trade.
on 21-Sep-2016 at 9:14pm KiltedGunstar and Gradius Collection (PSP UMD only) as available.


Lunar's For Trade List

brand:::Game Boy Color Dragon Warrior III (Cart Only)
brand:::Game Boy Advance Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (Cart Only)
brand:::PlayStation Portable Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (Complete)


Prime's FT and ISO

My FT

NES
Bucky O'Hare w/ Manual
Fisher Price Firehouse Rescue (cart only)
Fisher Price Perfect Fit complete (very good condition all around, cart and manual mint)
Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat complete (very good condition all around, cart and manual mint)
Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu (cart only)
Pipe Dream (cart only)
Puzznic (cart only)
Ren and Stimpy: Buckaroo$ (cart only)
Rescue: The Embassy Mission (cart only)
Sesame Street 123 complete (very good condition, cart and manual mint)
Sesame Street ABC complete (cart and manual are close to mint, box has some crushing near the top and no foam block)
Sqoon (cart only)
Target: Renegade (cart only)
Zen: Intergalactic Ninja (cart only)
SNES
The Braines (cart only)
The First Samurai (cart only x2 copies)
Nobunaga's Ambition (cart only)
Super Mario Allstars + World (cart only)


My ISO

Adventure Island 3
Adventures of LOLO 2
Batman Returns
Batman: Return of the Joker
Fire N' Ice
GI Joe: A Real American Hero
Kickmaster
Lemmings
Darkwing Duck
Tecmo Super Bowl
Gargoyles Quest II
Choplifter III
Operation Logic Bomb
Axelay


rykerrk's For Trade List

(All cart only)

brand:::Super Famicom Nosferatu
brand:::Super Famicom Super Mario Collection
brand:::Super Famicom Super Mario Land 2: Yoshi's Island (actually licensed Hyundai Super Comboy, but compatible with SFC/clipped SNES, game in English)
brand:::Super Famicom Jerry Boy
brand:::Super Famicom Super Donkey Kong
brand:::Super Famicom Super Donkey Kong 2
brand:::Super Famicom Cho Genjin
brand:::Super Famicom Super Bomberman 2
brand:::Super Famicom Final Fight Guy
brand:::Super Famicom Mikī no Majikaru Adobencha
brand:::Super Famicom Super Street Fighter II
brand:::Super Famicom Tiny Toon Adventures
brand:::Super Famicom Kirby Bowl
brand:::Super Famicom Rockman & Forte
brand:::Super Famicom Hoshi no Kirby Super Deluxe
brand:::Super Famicom Cho Makaimura

brand:::Super Nintendo Bust-A-Move
brand:::Super Nintendo Skuljagger: Revenge of the Westicans
brand:::Super Nintendo X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
brand:::Super Nintendo Super R-Type
brand:::Super Nintendo Cybernator
brand:::Super Nintendo Gradius III
brand:::Super Nintendo Pilotwings

brand:::NEC PC Engine Galaga '88 (Complete)
brand:::NEC PC Engine Tora He no Michi (Complete)


sailorneorune's FT

GB/GBC:

(cart only) Pokémon Silver Version (decent condition, but dead battery)
Dexter's Laboratory: Robot Rampage (it's Elevator Action with Dexter's Lab painted over it)
GameShark (GBP/GBC) with cable, CD, Pokémon mini code book

GBA:

Dragon Ball Z Supersonic Warriors
(all GBA games below are cart only)
Magical Quest starring Mickey & Minnie
Magical Quest 2 starring Mickey & Minnie
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

Genesis:

A Dinosaur's Tale
Greendog
Soldiers of Fortune
Revenge of Shinobi (boxed, ver. 1.01)

DS:

Dragon Ball Origins
Rune Factory
New Super Mario Bros.
Custom Robo Arena
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

NES:

Pin-bot (cart only, fair condition)
Kabuki Quantum Fighter (cart only)

Famicom:

Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-kun (I'm Kid Dracula!)

PS3:

Ni no Kuni w/ guide
BioShock 1 & 2 Ultimate Rapture Edition
Star Ocean the Last Hope International

PSVita:

Touch My Katamari (untested because I don't have a Vita! Please understand.)

SNES:

(cart only) Killer Instinct
(cart only/SFC) Metal Slader Glory: Director's Cut
(cart only) Soul Blazer
(cart only) Blackthorne

Wii:

Castlevania Judgment
The Conduit Special Edition
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

Manuals:

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
The Lost Vikings GBA
Advance Wars

Guides:
Morrowind GotY
Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green (Nintendo)
Pokémon Platinum (heavy!)
Pokémon Black/White Hardcover
Pokémon Black/White 2 Hardcover
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Silent Hill
Okami (Wii)

Misc.:

Kid Icarus AR cards 5-pack? (unopened, has Eggplant Wizard in front)


Tj96's FT

brand:::Nintendo Entertainment System Ultima Warrior of Destiny (Complete)


whitefire's FT


brand:::Nintendo 64Conker's Bad Fur Day

Looking for many, many (over 200) N64 games (please provide front/back pics and I can do the same upon request).





Want To Trade For/Want To Buy/Wanted List

Bighab's WTTF

brand:::Nintendo Entertainment System Contra Super C (must be CIB)
brand:::Nintendo Entertainment System Power Blade (Complete)
brand:::Super Nintendo Shadowrun (Cart Only)
brand:::Sega Genesis Rolling Thunder 3 (must be CIB)


DefaultGen's WTTF

brand:::Game Boy Amazing Tater
brand:::Game Boy Kid Dracula
brand:::Game Boy Sagaia
brand:::Game Boy Toxic Crusaders
brand:::Game Boy Captain America and the Avengers
brand:::Game Boy Rolan's Curse 2


ErickRPG's Want List

Must be mint/complete

brand:::Nintendo 64 1080 Snowboarding
brand:::Nintendo 64 Aidyn Chronicles
brand:::Nintendo 64 Conker
brand:::Nintendo 64 Duke Nukem Zero Hour
brand:::Nintendo 64 Excitebike 64
brand:::Nintendo 64 Goldeneye
brand:::Nintendo 64 Hercules
brand:::Nintendo 64 Mario Kart 64
brand:::Nintendo 64 Ogre Battle
brand:::Nintendo 64 Pilotwings
brand:::Nintendo 64 Super Mario 64
brand:::Sega Saturn Albert Odyssey
brand:::Sega Saturn Legend of Oasis
brand:::Sega Saturn Shining Force III
brand:::Sega Saturn Shining Wisdom
brand:::Sega Saturn Virtual Hydlide
brand:::Sega CD Adventures of Willy Beamish
brand:::Sega CD Dark Wizard
brand:::Sega CD Dune
brand:::Sega CD Lunar 1&2
brand:::Sega CD Mansion of Hidden Souls
brand:::Sega CD Popful Mail
brand:::Sega CD Revenge of the Ninja
brand:::Sega CD Rise of the Dragon
brand:::Sega CD Snatcher
brand:::Sega CD Space Adventure
brand:::Sega CD Time Gal
brand:::Sega CD Vay
brand:::Super Nintendo 7th Saga
brand:::Super Nintendo Drakkhen
brand:::Super Nintendo Dragon View
brand:::Super Nintendo E.V.O.
brand:::Super Nintendo Earthbound
brand:::Super Nintendo Mystic Quest
brand:::Super Nintendo Inindo
brand:::Super Nintendo Lagoon
brand:::Super Nintendo Lufia Fortress of Doom
brand:::Super Nintendo Lufia II
brand:::Super Nintendo Paladin's Quest
brand:::Super Nintendo Secret of Mana
brand:::Super Nintendo Secret of Mana 2 (fan release)
brand:::Super Nintendo Shadowrun
brand:::Super Nintendo Super Mario RPG
brand:::Super Nintendo Tecmo Secret of the Stars


FrictionPin's WTTF

brand:::Game Boy Kid Icarus Of Myths and Monsters CIB
brand:::Game Boy Zelda Links Awakening CIB (looking for a very nice copy)
brand:::Game Boy Advance Castlevania Circle of the Moon CIB
brand:::Game Boy Advance Magical Quest 3 starring Mickey and Donald CIB
brand:::Game Boy Color Mega Man Xtreme CIB
brand:::Game Boy Color Mega Man Xtreme 2 CIB
brand:::Sega Genesis Splatterhouse 2 CIB
brand:::Sega Genesis Splatterhouse 3 CIB
brand:::Sega Genesis Steel Empire CIB
brand:::Sega Genesis Truxton CIB
brand:::Sega Genesis Wings of Wor CIB
brand:::Nintendo Entertainment System G.I. Joe A Real American Hero CIB
brand:::Nintendo Entertainment System Super Dodge Ball CIB
NGPC Metal Slug 2nd Mission CIB
brand:::Sega Master System Golden Axe Warrior CIB
brand:::Super Nintendo R-Type III The Third Lightning Loose
brand:::Super Nintendo Wild Guns Loose


Groo's LF

brand:::Game Boy Advance Double Dragon


Havoc007's LF

brand:::Nintendo 64 Milos Astro Lanes
brand:::Nintendo 64 Glover
brand:::Nintendo 64 Controller (Any color)


Lunar's Want List

brand:::NEC PC Engine brand:::NEC Super CD-ROM 2 - R-Type Complete CD (Complete)
brand:::NEC TurboGrafx-16 brand:::NEC CD-ROM 2 - Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes (Complete)
brand:::Sega Genesis Ys III: Wanders from Ys (Complete)
brand:::Sega Saturn Magic Knight Rayearth (Hikaru Disc Art, Complete or Disc Only)
brand:::Sega Saturn Gradius Deluxe Pack (Complete)
brand:::Sega Saturn Radiant Silvergun (Complete)
brand:::Sega Saturn Thunder Force V (Complete)
brand:::Sega Saturn Thunder Force Gold Pack 1 (Complete)
brand:::Sega Saturn Thunder Force Gold Pack 2 (Complete)
brand:::Sega CD Keio Flying Squadron (Complete)
brand:::PlayStation Tales of Destiny (Complete)
brand:::PlayStation Tales of Destiny 2 (Complete)
brand:::PlayStation Portable Legend of Heroes (Complete)

Looking for all brand:::PlayStation Portable games I don't have as well, but really depending on price/value.
I am going for a full set but will take my time with it.


NERDtendo's WTTF/WTB/LF

brand:::Super Nintendo Earthworm Jim


nibbler1's WTTF/WTB/LF

Super Tempo (Saturn)
Bubble Symphony (Saturn)
Cotton: Boomerang (Saturn)
Try Rush Deppy (Saturn)
Keio 2 Flying Squadron (Saturn)
Magic Knight Rayearth (Saturn)
Silhouette Mirage (Saturn)
Popful Mail (Sega CD)
Atari Karts (Jaguar)
Power Drive Rally (Jaguar)
Night Trap (3DO - Needs to be complete in long box)
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties (3DO - Needs to be complete in long box)
Star Control II (3DO - Needs to be complete in long box)


razeak's WTTF/WTB/LF

brand:::Sega Saturn Panzer Dragoon Saga - CIB with original sleeves (any color)


rykerrk's Want List

(Most need hardshell boxes, manuals optional. Will pass on cardboard cases. Bolds
high wants)
brand:::Sega Genesis Streets of Rage 2
brand:::Sega Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog 2
brand:::Sega Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog 3
brand:::Sega Genesis Sonic Spinball
brand:::Sega Genesis Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja
brand:::Sega Genesis Castlevania: Bloodlines
brand:::Sega Genesis Ghouls 'n Ghosts
brand:::Sega Genesis Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
brand:::Sega Genesis The Revenge of Shinobi

brand:::Sega Genesis Streets of Rage 3
brand:::Sega Genesis Ecco: The Tides of Time
brand:::Sega Genesis Shining Force
brand:::Sega Genesis Strider
brand:::Sega Genesis Contra III: Hard Corp
brand:::Sega Genesis Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist
brand:::Sega Genesis El Viento
brand:::Sega Genesis Valis
brand:::Sega Genesis Valis III
brand:::Sega Genesis Ys III: Wanderers from Ys
brand:::Sega Genesis Arrow Flash



sailorneorune's WTTF/WTB/LF

brand:::Nintendo Entertainment System Adventures of Lolo 3
brand:::Game Boy Adventures of Lolo
brand:::Game Boy Trax


SBWildBill2004's WTTF/WTB/LF

brand:::Game Boy Link's Awakening- Complete
brand:::Nintendo 64 Ocarina of Time- Complete Non-Players choice
brand:::Nintendo 64 Majora's Mask- Complete
brand:::Game Boy Advance The Legend of Zelda- Complete
brand:::Game Boy Advance Zelda II: The Adventure of Link- Complete
brand:::Game Boy Advance The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords- Complete

brand:::Game Boy Final Fantasy: Legend I - Complete
brand:::Game Boy Final Fantasy: Legend II - Complete
brand:::Game Boy Final Fantasy: Legend III - Complete
brand:::Game Boy Final Fantasy Adventure - Complete




ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
2-Jan-2017(#2)
oh and can someone link me the cheapest option for dreamcast. either svideo or vga. I need to clean up the picture b4 I beat skies of arcadia, now I am noticing the blur too much.
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
2-Jan-2017(#3)
well gypsy just imagine how much of an upgrade it is for me with composite. I just want to clean up my saturn and DC and I want something good but not $40+.
Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
2-Jan-2017(#4)
Gypsy wrote:
> @Lunar you need a house (for more space) and a high line count CRT. smiley:::cool smile
>

I wish. I need $600K just for a decent size 1 family house in Queens/Long Island.

But yea, one of these days I'm hoping to have a gaming room like @DefaultGen


Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 2-Jan-2017(#5)
ErickRPG wrote:
> looks great, how much did that run u. I might wanna do something like that b4 I
> play rayearth and shining the holy ark n stuff.

I bought this one to mess around, it's not ideal but it works "OK". At the very least, it enables you to play devices with AV on HDMI displays

Also annoying is that, every time the source gets disconnected(reset system, turn off system etc), I need to unplug and replug the HDMI cable, I wonder if that's a manufacture issue.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&lo...

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 2-Jan-2017(#6)
@Lunar Yeah New York is so expensive. :(

@ErickRPG If you don't mind China stuff: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VGA-High-Definition-Cable-...smiley:::surpriseAAAOSw~otWeks1

Edit: TZ broke the link EBAY ITEM NUMBER 191766396791

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Jan-2017(#7)
Oh and @ErickRPG Saturn Svideo cables are like $3 shipped on Ebay from Malaysia/China/Etc just search for Saturn SVideo and sort by cost.

ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
2-Jan-2017(#8)
thanks @gypsy I think I'll go with one in cali so I get it sooner for like $5.50 shipped. No biggie.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Jan-2017(#9)
That's what I did when I bought mine recently. Works great I use it with my HD CRT.

DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews
2-Jan-2017(#10)
Lunar wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>> @Lunar you need a house (for more space) and a high line count CRT. smiley:::cool smile
>>
> I wish. I need $600K just for a decent size 1 family house in Queens/Long Island.
>
> But yea, one of these days I'm hoping to have a gaming room like @DefaultGen

My grandma is selling her ancient garage-sized house in Queens for more than that, what a crazy place to live. I'm not a huge fan of the south but it's cheeeap to live here. Is there some place where people walk/talk fast enough, but is also really cheap to live?

ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
2-Jan-2017(#11)
Gypsy wrote:
> That's what I did when I bought mine recently. Works great I use it with my HD CRT.
>

I'd have to use my 26" which is older and a bit bigger my 24" doesn't have svideo hookup but the old one still works and looks fine. So improvement going from composite to s-video for saturn?
Hirolunet
BTRs
(abandoned)
2-Jan-2017(#12)
DefaultGen wrote:
> Lunar wrote:
>> Gypsy wrote:
> |>> @Lunar you need a house (for more space) and a high line count CRT. smiley:::cool smile
> |>>
>> I wish. I need $600K just for a decent size 1 family house in Queens/Long Island.
>>
>> But yea, one of these days I'm hoping to have a gaming room like @DefaultGen
>
> My grandma is selling her ancient garage-sized house in Queens for more than that,
> what a crazy place to live. I'm not a huge fan of the south but it's cheeeap to live
> here. Is there some place where people walk/talk fast enough, but is also really
> cheap to live?
>
>

I haven't lived in Queens for years so I'm not privy to their market but there's plenty of real estate on Long Island for well under 600k. Even decent homes under 200k now.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Jan-2017(#13)
ErickRPG wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>> That's what I did when I bought mine recently. Works great I use it with my HD
> CRT.
>>
>
> I'd have to use my 26" which is older and a bit bigger my 24" doesn't have svideo
> hookup but the old one still works and looks fine. So improvement going from composite
> to s-video for saturn?

I think it's pretty noticeable. The cord you got like has composite and svideo (lots of them do) so you can directly compare if you want.

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
2-Jan-2017(#14)
Hirolunet wrote:
> I haven't lived in Queens for years so I'm not privy to their market but there's
> plenty of real estate on Long Island for well under 600k. Even decent homes under
> 200k now.

Curious where you are referring to. The places I considered I looked at the prices and there's just no way it's that cheap.

Hirolunet
BTRs
(abandoned)
2-Jan-2017(#15)
Lunar wrote:
> Hirolunet wrote:
>> I haven't lived in Queens for years so I'm not privy to their market but there's
>> plenty of real estate on Long Island for well under 600k. Even decent homes under
>> 200k now.
>
> Curious where you are referring to. The places I considered I looked at the prices
> and there's just no way it's that cheap.
>
>

Like I said I have no idea about Queens anymore but there seems to be more homes In the 200k and under rande out in Middle Suffolk County. Towns like Coram, Middle Island, Bellport, Mastic, Shirley stick out. Not the greatest but they're improving for sure. Patchougue is constantly listed as an "up and coming " neighborhood but the prices are slowly rising in response.
Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
2-Jan-2017(#16)
Hirolunet wrote:
> Like I said I have no idea about Queens anymore but there seems to be more homes
> In the 200k and under rande out in Middle Suffolk County. Towns like Coram, Middle
> Island, Bellport, Mastic, Shirley stick out. Not the greatest but they're improving
> for sure. Patchougue is constantly listed as an "up and coming " neighborhood but
> the prices are slowly rising in response.

Ah, I was looking to stay closer to the city and Queens. And when we do move(probably in 2-4 years), the main thing we would be looking at is school district.

KiltedGunstar
Gold Good Trader
2-Jan-2017(#17)
just gonna post this again since I haven't in awhile, but does anyone have Channel F carts? Always interested in my usual, but I forget to ask for Channel F stuff often.

Definitely hoping to make some more trades again soon with the 4th quarter madness dying down finally.

No pic this time, but highlights of what I've got available include (see list in profile for everything, it's up to date):

-Guardian Heroes CIB (FS/FT)
-TG16 lot (FS/FT)
- Air buster Genesis cart only
-Thunder Force III Cart and box, no manual
-Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Saturn cib
-Gradius collection psp umd only
-Billy hatcher and the giant egg disc only GC
-Metal Slug anthology PSP cib
- SNK arcade classics vol. 1 wii cib
-animal crossing GC cib player's choice
-Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 PS2 CIB

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 2-Jan-2017(#18)
I have updated OP so far with @Antipop, @DefaultGen and @sharif's game rooms. I think there are some other pics peppered throughout the thread so I won't be looking for them but if you want to share(and I think you should! untidy or tidy doesn't matter!), send me a PM to put your pics in the OP.

If you're like me, I just love to see what other people have and how they set it up.

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Jan-2017(#19)
Talking about this stuff was the kick in the pants I needed to clean up a bit. Got everything back on the shelves but as I suspected I need more shelves asap. :(

KiltedGunstar
Gold Good Trader
* 2-Jan-2017(#20)
It may not be much compared to everyone else's rooms up there, but I am pretty damn proud of this setup. Took systems pic a few weeks ago after refurbishing the stereo equalizer under the TV and moving the 3DO and PCE to fit everything. Only other change of note since I posted this last year is that the Wii U is gone, the PS4 replaced it, and we added a Vita and Vita TV.. we got s little Sony Fever late into 2016... The open cube space along the bottom now has a basket to hide the power strip/extension cables in that spot, now, too. Thank goodness my wife is in on all of this and helps keep it in check. This is our living room in a 1 bedroom apartment, so it needs to be presentable and a little less blatant that it's a game room. Someday we'll have a separate space for this so we can go nuts, but for now, it's a bit reserved.

Our downsizing shows with the shelving, but honestly, I'm pretty pleased with it and the imports look nice. Loose hucards are in the old Pokemon deck box.



KiltedGunstar
Gold Good Trader
2-Jan-2017(#21)
DefaultGen wrote:
> Star Wars LaserDisc hype. I'm pretty sure I got these on GameTZ for free + shipping.
> I used to have a decent LD collection but I never watch them since HDTV exists now
> so I pared it down to a few favorites.
>
> {imgt}http://i.imgur.com/nagVDhj.jpg 431 654{imgt}
>
> Missile wrote:
>> Is there even any VHS tapes that are worth anything? Always got the impression
> that
>> nobody likes VHS these days.
>
> I think there are a few movies that were never released on anything but VHS that
> go for a bit with movie collectors. I sometimes pick up super 80s or 90s movies like
> Home Alone or Terminator as shelf candy at the thrift store. They're 2-for-$0.25
> at one place so if I ever ran out of room I honestly wouldn't feel bad throwing them
> out.
>
>

Still cool! my wife (and me to a somewhat lesser extent) has an on/off fascination with CED and LD. Because of space, we have our players stored away for now, but have a modest little collection of laserdiscs and CED discs, too. They still look pretty good, though. Well, not the CED ones, lol.

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Jan-2017(#22)
CED is atrocious lol. You will never mistake an LD for a BD but they still look damn good with the right equipment.

Missile
Gold Good Trader
2-Jan-2017(#23)
KiltedGunstar wrote:
> It may not be much compared to everyone else's rooms up there, but I am pretty damn
> proud of this setup. Took systems pic a few weeks ago after refurbishing the stereo
> equalizer under the TV and moving the 3DO and PCE to fit everything. Only other change
> of note since I posted this last year is that the Wii U is gone, the PS4 replaced
> it, and we added a Vita and Vita TV.. we got s little Sony Fever late into 2016...
> The open cube space along the bottom now has a basket to hide the power strip/extension
> cables in that spot, now, too. Thank goodness my wife is in on all of this and helps
> keep it in check. This is our living room in a 1 bedroom apartment, so it needs to
> be presentable and a little less blatant that it's a game room. Someday we'll have
> a separate space for this so we can go nuts, but for now, it's a bit reserved.
>
> Our downsizing shows with the shelving, but honestly, I'm pretty pleased with it
> and the imports look nice. Loose hucards are in the old Pokemon deck box.
I see you got your shelves from walmart too. Not going to show off much of my room, since i'm still working on it(i'm in the process of converting my garage turned storage room into a game room, but it's proving more difficult than i thought), but here's part of my collection:
http://i.imgur.com/vclNijnD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IiE9i7Y.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZubrN6m.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TivFPek.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YYJdVwS.jpg
KiltedGunstar
Gold Good Trader
2-Jan-2017(#24)
Missile wrote:
> KiltedGunstar wrote:
>> It may not be much compared to everyone else's rooms up there, but I am pretty
> damn
>> proud of this setup. Took systems pic a few weeks ago after refurbishing the stereo
>> equalizer under the TV and moving the 3DO and PCE to fit everything. Only other
> change
>> of note since I posted this last year is that the Wii U is gone, the PS4 replaced
>> it, and we added a Vita and Vita TV.. we got s little Sony Fever late into 2016...
>> The open cube space along the bottom now has a basket to hide the power strip/extension
>> cables in that spot, now, too. Thank goodness my wife is in on all of this and
> helps
>> keep it in check. This is our living room in a 1 bedroom apartment, so it needs
> to
>> be presentable and a little less blatant that it's a game room. Someday we'll
> have
>> a separate space for this so we can go nuts, but for now, it's a bit reserved.
>
>>
>> Our downsizing shows with the shelving, but honestly, I'm pretty pleased with
> it
>> and the imports look nice. Loose hucards are in the old Pokemon deck box.
> I see you got your shelves from walmart too. Not going to show off much of my room,
> since i'm still working on it(i'm in the process of converting my garage turned storage
> room into a game room, but it's proving more difficult than i thought), but here's
> part of my collection:

Yeah, those media shelves from Walmart do the trick perfectly. I work at Target and we don't carry anything that works as well unfortunately.

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
2-Jan-2017(#25)
I like those shelves. My shelf is the Billy bookcase from Ikea, it's nice but I don't like how deep it is.

Antipop
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 11 Reviews
* 2-Jan-2017(#26)
Just making sure everyone knows, a physical copy of Wild Guns: Reloaded on the PS4 is available right now on Play-Asia and Groupon. I ordered mine today, but who knows how long they'll last. Click here for the Play-Asia link. The box art is worth it alone, in my opinion:

image
DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 2-Jan-2017(#27)
For the VGA cable, why buy from China? On eBay?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&lo...

Just use Amazon affiliate link at top of page and search "Dreamcast VGA", it's the third (cheapest) option, free Prime ship. smiley:::raspberry
Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
2-Jan-2017(#28)
Is it rare? groupon has shipping $3

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Jan-2017(#29)
Well, it's from China anyway. :p But yeah I get your point. I often don't think to check Amazon for stuff.

DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
2-Jan-2017(#30)
Well yeah, but certainly worth saving 3-5 weeks for shipping. e-packet is crap. smiley:::raspberry
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Jan-2017(#31)
Amen man.

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Jan-2017(#32)
Lunar wrote:
> Is it rare? groupon has shipping $3
>
>

Might be down the line. Pretty limited distribution. There is a listing on Amazon but Amazon themselves aren't even carrying it, it's all third party distributors.

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
2-Jan-2017(#33)
Thanks, I bought one, ended up costing around $36 with groupon but I had gift cards to burn

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 2-Jan-2017(#34)
So here's a better look my ever changing and untidy "Game Corner" lol, it's a corner of our living room that I carved out for myself.



Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Jan-2017(#35)
When you are in the NY urban wilderness, you gotta fight for every little bit of space.

creagan
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Jan-2017(#36)
I just ran across this: https://www.taito.co.jp/mob/news/2367

...at first I was excited and then I realized that only the first Darius is included all of those discs are soundtracks. :(
Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 2-Jan-2017(#37)
creagan wrote:
> I just ran across this: https://www.taito.co.jp/mob/news/2367
>
> ...at first I was excited and then I realized that only the first Darius is included
> all of those discs are soundtracks. :(

Only disc 7 is soundtrack! The rest are games!!! This is pretty awesome. I see Gaiden, G Darius, Darius Twin, Darius Force...

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Jan-2017(#38)
No I'm pretty sure @creagan is right, it's just one game. I was really disappointed as well.

Seven-Disc Special Music Album

Disc 1: Darius (Arcade Version, Game Boy Version)
Disc 2: Darius II (Arcade Version)
Disc 3: Darius Gaiden (Arcade Version)
Disc 4: G Darius (Arcade Version)
Disc 5: Darius Twin (Domestic Version, Overseas Version)
Disc 6: Darius Force, Sagaia (Consumer Version / Overseas Version Darius II)
Disc 7: Mobile Version Darius, New Arrange Music, etc.

Original Darius for the First-Time as a Disc-Based Package

The first time the original Darius is released on disc for a home game console, realized thanks to the help of Hamster, who manage the Arcade Archives game download service. This is the Arcade Archives version of Darius with the cabinet instructions panel display added to create a more arcade-like atmosphere.

Interview Booklet and Super Play Blu-ray Disc

The interview booklet contains 32 pages of interviews with Darius series staff. The Blu-ray disc contains super play videos of the PlayStation 4 version of Darius, as well as the arcade versions of Darius Gaiden and G Darius.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/11/darius-30th-anniversary...

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
2-Jan-2017(#39)
Wow that's disappointing. I saw all those names in Katakana and I got excited.

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Jan-2017(#40)
Fortunately Darius on Vita is so very very good and has tons of gameplay modes and ship options and can basically be played forever. smiley:::cool smile

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 2-Jan-2017(#41)
Wow that makes zero sense. Why would I give a fudge about the music to games that're not even in the package?

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Jan-2017(#42)
Lunar wrote:
> Wow that makes zero sense. Why would I give a fudge about the music to games that're
> not even in the package?
>
>

Some people really like video game music, or something.

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
2-Jan-2017(#43)
13800 yen...$120+ for Darius fudging ONE and 7 music CDs? Now I am angry.

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Jan-2017(#44)
Game music is super overpriced in Japan so this is a hot deal! Lol...

KiltedGunstar
Gold Good Trader
2-Jan-2017(#45)
Hey in happier news Dats a nice deathsmiles you got up top there lunar. :)

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 2-Jan-2017(#46)
KiltedGunstar wrote:
> Hey in happier news Dats a nice deathsmiles you got up top there lunar. :)
>
>

I'm so glad that DS was localized and released physically because well shmups almost always get cheap here before they go up. For quite awhile it was $2.99 at Gamestop (for the standard edition) and that's when I bought it.

DiamondDave
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
2-Jan-2017(#47)
Gypsy wrote:
> No I'm pretty sure @creagan is right, it's just one game. I was really disappointed
> as well.
>
> Seven-Disc Special Music Album
>
> Disc 1: Darius (Arcade Version, Game Boy Version)
> Disc 2: Darius II (Arcade Version)
> Disc 3: Darius Gaiden (Arcade Version)
> Disc 4: G Darius (Arcade Version)
> Disc 5: Darius Twin (Domestic Version, Overseas Version)
> Disc 6: Darius Force, Sagaia (Consumer Version / Overseas Version Darius II)
> Disc 7: Mobile Version Darius, New Arrange Music, etc.
>
> Original Darius for the First-Time as a Disc-Based Package
>
> The first time the original Darius is released on disc for a home game console

Wow, what a crock of crap. "This is the first time we've released Darius on console! So, that'll be it then..." What a waste of 42 fudging gigs.
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews
3-Jan-2017(#48)
At least it has discs unlike Battle Garegga smiley:::smile

ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
3-Jan-2017(#49)
rykerrk wrote:
> For the VGA cable, why buy from China? On eBay?
>
>
> Just use Amazon affiliate link at top of page and search "Dreamcast VGA", it's the
> third (cheapest) option, free Prime ship. smiley:::raspberry

Hey thanks for the link, and I just signed up for prime for 1 month because I woulda paid $9 shipping yesterday for some android and ipod controllers. So I'll get it soon, can't wait to try it!!
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
3-Jan-2017(#50)
Ok so I found out neither of my LCDs have S-video connection. So I can't use that for Saturn. Any other cheap options for visual upgrade? I got the VGA cable for DC so I'm good to go.
Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
3-Jan-2017(#51)
Anyone interested in Power Drift brand:::NEC PC Engine?

DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews
3-Jan-2017(#52)
Anyone going to MAGFest this weekend?

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
3-Jan-2017(#53)
ErickRPG wrote:
> Ok so I found out neither of my LCDs have S-video connection. So I can't use that
> for Saturn. Any other cheap options for visual upgrade? I got the VGA cable for
> DC so I'm good to go.

You can try the AV to HDMI converter I posted about. If you are ok with the visuals in the videos I posted

ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
3-Jan-2017(#54)
Lunar wrote:
> ErickRPG wrote:
>> Ok so I found out neither of my LCDs have S-video connection. So I can't use
> that
>> for Saturn. Any other cheap options for visual upgrade? I got the VGA cable
> for
>> DC so I'm good to go.
>
> You can try the AV to HDMI converter I posted about. If you are ok with the visuals
> in the videos I posted
>

Yeah it looked great. I'm just thinking when I play Shining in the Darkness it might look nice to unblur it. How much better did it look to you over composite?
Hirolunet
BTRs
(abandoned)
3-Jan-2017(#55)
I ran SCART to HDMI and it looked better than AV to HDMI or S-video
Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
3-Jan-2017(#56)
ErickRPG wrote:
> Yeah it looked great. I'm just thinking when I play Shining in the Darkness it might
> look nice to unblur it. How much better did it look to you over composite?

I'll post some comparison videos. I can't natively hook up AV to my monitor so I'll test both with my Samsung 32" LCD.

I also nabbed a nifty device DVDO VP20 from @Gypsy, so will post differences of that when I get it and have it tested.

I am hoping it will play nicely(though I don't think it will) with capture devices like Elgato HD.

DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews
3-Jan-2017(#57)
If your display has component inputs you can get one of those $50 SCART-to-Component boxes on Ebay and a $5 Genesis SCART cable on AliExpress. That would be the low budget RGB option. Shining in the Darkness is yes

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 3-Jan-2017(#58)
DefaultGen wrote:
> If your display has component inputs you can get one of those $50 SCART-to-Component
> boxes on Ebay and a $5 Genesis SCART cable on AliExpress. That would be the low budget
> RGB option. Shining in the Darkness is yes
>
>

yes

Usually just some minor tweaking to get the colours right.

Hirolunet wrote:
> I ran SCART to HDMI and it looked better than AV to HDMI or S-video

Yeah better source quality.

Hirolunet
BTRs
(abandoned)
3-Jan-2017(#59)
Absolutely.
I think the cable was $10 and the box was another $15-20 so it isn't much more than these other Compositie to HDMI setups I've seen mentioned.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
3-Jan-2017(#60)
Yeah @Lunar went with a monitor w/ vga and hdmi only so that really limits options. We reached a nice amicable trade though.

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
3-Jan-2017(#61)
Lunar wrote:
> ErickRPG wrote:
>> Yeah it looked great. I'm just thinking when I play Shining in the Darkness it
> might
>> look nice to unblur it. How much better did it look to you over composite?
>
> I'll post some comparison videos. I can't natively hook up AV to my monitor so I'll
> test both with my Samsung 32" LCD.
>
> I also nabbed a nifty device DVDO VP20 from @Gypsy, so will post differences of that
> when I get it and have it tested.
>
> I am hoping it will play nicely(though I don't think it will) with capture devices
> like Elgato HD.
>
>

Elgato is a really good brand. I was reading a thread awhile ago where someone was having issues but they were using a different brand.

ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
3-Jan-2017(#62)
my 27" asus monitor has s-video so I might just scoot some stuff away and play saturn on my computer desk. I do have a comfy chair here. :)
Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
3-Jan-2017(#63)
Heh, I'm pretty oblivious to this world of video enhancing equipment.

It was always easier when I did have a CRT and plain ole HDMI.

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
3-Jan-2017(#64)
Lunar wrote:
> Heh, I'm pretty oblivious to this world of video enhancing equipment.
>
> It was always easier when I did have a CRT and plain ole HDMI.
>
>

It certainly is a lot easier when you can just plug everything into the tv. Now I get to make my own cord (fun and not being sarcastic) to have RGB on my HD CRT. Long term plan is buying an OSSC next batch and eventually a VP50Pro and I'll have two separate set-ups for different games.

Oh and despite all my rambling and focus on this stuff, I do actually play games (lol).

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
3-Jan-2017(#65)
@ErickRPG I'm actually about to start Trails of Cold Steel soon. I believe you said this one was pretty awesome!

ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
3-Jan-2017(#66)
yessir
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
3-Jan-2017(#67)
Looking forward to it, getting it in a trade (on another site).

ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
3-Jan-2017(#68)
yeah I mean it's Falcom so it's great! Glad they are still making RPGs.

Does anyone play full RPGs through emulation? Or are you adamant about "owning" something physical. Does it feel better to play legit? I ask this bc I am mulling over my SNES/gen/and Sega CD portions of my collections. Well at least as I begin to dive into them. I remember I beat Shining Force II completely on my ipod touch. And when I finally got my SNES in I am just not feeling the same whatever magic feeling above just playing on a little phone. It's not like I'm losing interest in games, I still really dig Breath of Fire on gba, Skies of Arcadia on DC, and Super Mario 64 on N64 all of which I'm playing now.

Maybe I'm slightly burnt out and it's just the 16 bit stuff is the first to suffer for it. I dunno so I thought I'd ask what people thought about playing a legit SNES RPG on the system vs playing on a tiny screen portable emulating it.
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews
3-Jan-2017(#69)
I get more enjoyment playing the real thing. It's a combination of not having a menu full of 1,000 games that makes me want to swap games every 6 minutes and probably appreciating the game more because I paid money to play it. No temptation to alt-tab and do something else or multitask or use save states/increase speed to cheat.

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 3-Jan-2017(#70)
Yeah I mean those old jrpgs are often long and whackamole npc to figure out where to go, it can be easy to burn out on them. I find that I will go through spurts where I play a few jrpgs in a row but then none for awhile.

I don't really emulate so I can't speak to that. A friend of mine does a lot of emulating and never finishing games. Idk if that's a common problem or what, maybe for some people having access to all games creates a situation where it's hard to decide and/or stick on one game.

Edit

DefaultGen wrote:
> I get more enjoyment playing the real thing. It's a combination of not having a menu
> full of 1,000 games that makes me want to swap games every 6 minutes and probably
> appreciating the game more because I paid money to play it. No temptation to alt-tab
> and do something else or multitask or use save states/increase speed to cheat.
>
>

Ahhhh beat me to it.

ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
* 3-Jan-2017(#71)
I might just have to collect only the very tippy top games on SNES. It might be a matter of Mystic Quest just isn't a good game. But those first few hours of my nostalgia for the game were. Rebuying these games I'm finding out what actually is a good game.

Also I think I'm a handheld gamer. As I own handheld versions of many games like Breath of Fire, Zelda, and love em. I wish more SNES RPGS got ported to GBA officially.
Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
3-Jan-2017(#72)
By emulation, are you including legit digital copies?

Alot of the stuff you'd like are on Virtual Console officially, Earthbound alone will save you $600

ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
3-Jan-2017(#73)
yeah I really do mean legit physical. I'm getting my super mario RPG and phantasy star IV in today. If I play those for a few minutes and I'm not feeling it then I'll KNOW it's just not gonna work for me. love
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
3-Jan-2017(#74)
also part of it was in the 16 bit days I was so desperate for RPGs that I would be excited just for a new RPG. But those same games today because I have so many actual gem of RPGs I need to play, I'm probably wasting my time even having them on my want list.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
3-Jan-2017(#76)
The funny thing about Keio being that price is you can import a Euro or JP system and get the corresponding version of the game for way less.

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 3-Jan-2017(#77)
You can get a Wondermega + brand:::Sega Mega CD Keio for less than brand:::Sega CD Keio!

Aside: Wondermega was probably the most expensive system I've bought.


DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews
3-Jan-2017(#78)
Dude is selling a $1000+ model train too. I'm going to bid on Keio just to make everyone sniping the auction sweat at how much interest there is and increase their max bids to be way too high.

DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews
3-Jan-2017(#79)
Lunar wrote:
> You can get a Wondermega + brand:::Sega Mega CD Keio for less than brand:::Sega CD Keio!
>

Mega CD games are so ugly in their tiny girly jewel cases though. I see a $300 Mega CD Space Adventure come up in my saved search all the time. The guy wants full price for a half-sized game! smiley:::smile

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
3-Jan-2017(#80)
DefaultGen wrote:
> Lunar wrote:
>> You can get a Wondermega + brand:::Sega Mega CD Keio for less than brand:::Sega CD Keio!
>>
>
> Mega CD games are so ugly in their tiny girly jewel cases though. I see a $300 Mega
> CD Space Adventure come up in my saved search all the time. The guy wants full price
> for a half-sized game! smiley:::smile
>

Got Space Adv 1 & 2 for brand:::NEC PC Engine for $10 a piece. brand:::Sega Mega CD sucks.


Topic   The Retro Trade Thread brand:::Nintendo Entertainment System brand:::Super Nintendo brand:::NEC PC Engine brand:::Sega brand:::Sega Saturn brand:::PlayStation brand:::Sega Dreamcast brand:::3DO brand:::Sega CD