Vintage_Games

Topic   WTB: Atlantis (Odyssey 2)

DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews
24-Oct(#1)
Two people have this game in their collection on GameTZ. I'm not sure if I can view who these people are so I can hassle them. If you have this game or a lead on it please let me know. I've got cash (or CML?).


Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
24-Oct(#2)
@BleedingViolet is good at investigating this.

creagan
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 24-Oct(#3)
It is unusual to see any interest in Odyssey. I don't have this game, but I have everything first party. Unfortunately, I can't get my system to work. It could be me or the TV...

Good luck on tracking this down.
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews
24-Oct(#4)
creagan wrote:
> It is unusual to see any interest in Odyssey. I don't have this game, but I have
> everything first party. Unfortunately, I can't get my system to work. It could be
> me or the TV...

It's a nifty system. The games are almost all exclusives and play real smooth. I like how all the vintage consoles have their own personality.


creagan
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
25-Oct(#5)
Not to derail your post, but have you ever had any problems with your system? What type of tv do you use for it?
KCPenguins
Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (36 seconds ago)
* 25-Oct(#6)
I have 2 functioning Odyssey^2's. I play them on my LCD via a cheap cable converter (like the one below).

https://www.showmecables.com/separator-combiner?gc...

I have a crap ton of games for it, but no Atlantis. They can be finicky; anyone know of a way to take the carts apart without breaking them? They are a pain to try to clean, and it's not very effective. I assume there is a screw or two behind the sticker.

It's a sad day for retro gamers when Odyssey^2 games are going for modern game prices.
Kevster
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
25-Oct(#7)
Ill look at my odyssey stuff and see what i have ( I need to update my list)
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews
25-Oct(#8)
creagan wrote:
> Not to derail your post, but have you ever had any problems with your system? What
> type of tv do you use for it?

I've never had any issues with mine, just hooked up to a normal CRT via coax, probably haven't removed the voice module in 10 years.

DDCecil
Triple Gold Good Trader
* 25-Oct(#9)
Good luck! I finished my Odyssey2 U.S. cart only set a few years ago and Atlantis and Power Lords were definitely the hardest to get ahold of (Paid a ton for PL, can't remember what I paid for Atlantis).

https://i.imgur.com/Qm1ZOW1.jpg
Noid
Gold Good Trader
* 25-Oct(#10)
Dang...I just checked and it's not even on eBay for some wildly exorbitant amount. smiley:::frown
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews
* 25-Oct(#11)
Noid wrote:
> Dang...I just checked and it's not even on eBay for some wildly exorbitant amount.
> smiley:::frown

Yeah I've been looking for any copy for sale for months, so I've resorted to WTB threads in desperation. Forgotten Freshness is looking for one for me too, and he gets weird obscure things every day, so I think he's my best hope.

Noid
Gold Good Trader
* 25-Oct(#12)
DefaultGen wrote:
> Noid wrote:
>> Dang...I just checked and it's not even on eBay for some wildly exorbitant amount.
>> smiley:::frown
>
> Yeah I've been looking for any copy for sale for months, so I've resorted to WTB
> threads in desperation. Forgotten Freshness is looking for one for me too, and he
> gets weird obscure things every day, so I think he's my best hope.
>
>

If you're down 'n' dirty desperate, ask around on either AtariAGE or NintendoAGE. While I haven't used the former, I've had incredible luck with the latter. They aren't always the friendliest people; but, dash it all if they don't get results! smiley:::wink
creagan
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
25-Oct(#13)
DDCecil wrote:
> Good luck! I finished my Odyssey2 U.S. cart only set a few years ago and Atlantis
> and Power Lords were definitely the hardest to get ahold of (Paid a ton for PL, can't
> remember what I paid for Atlantis).
>

Very cool! This all makes me want to get my O2 hooked up again.
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews
25-Oct(#14)
Noid wrote:
> DefaultGen wrote:
>> Noid wrote:
> |>> Dang...I just checked and it's not even on eBay for some wildly exorbitant amount.
> |>> smiley:::frown
>>
>> Yeah I've been looking for any copy for sale for months, so I've resorted to WTB
>> threads in desperation. Forgotten Freshness is looking for one for me too, and
> he
>> gets weird obscure things every day, so I think he's my best hope.
>>
>>
>
> If you're down 'n' dirty desperate, ask around on either AtariAGE or NintendoAGE.
> While I haven't used the former, I've had incredible luck with the latter. They aren't
> always the friendliest people; but, dash it all if they don't get results! smiley:::wink

Got wanted threads on both, but I only lurk on AtariAge so I'm not expecting any favors. Couldn't find any for sale there either. I've actually had luck with NintendoAge. I've brought a few obscure Game Boy games out of the woodwork just by asking.

Kevster
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
27-Oct(#15)
no dice, thought i had it and i did not, i do now however have a big mess lol
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews
* 30-Oct(#16)
Hey I found one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Magnavox-Odyssey...

The whole set is just overpriced by something like $2000. Not sure what world this seller lives in where average condition Odyssey 2 games are worth much smiley:::frown

sharif
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
30-Oct(#17)
Even for $700 I'd still give that the side eye and move on.

PITVIP3R

* 1-Nov(#18)
oooh, Odyssey2 love! It's a neat system for sure. I finally received my 233-in-1 multicart and it was well worth the wait! Best of luck with your search!

Topic   WTB: Atlantis (Odyssey 2)