VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   Xbox One Discussion

oneluckybullet
300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-May-2017(#1)
This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/xbox-one-di...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/xbox-one-di...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/xbox-one-di...
http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/xbox-one-di...


Surge came out today. so far not bad. very nioh and bloodborn feel as in fast combat. switching limbs takes some getting used to.

Phantom Dust remaster is supposed to be out today for free.

injustice came out today as well. grabbed that on my ps4 though,
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
29-Jan-2018(#121)
The X is going to be the lead platform for both Forza Horizon 4 and Fable 4, so its going to be interesting to see what those games will look like and how they're going to run. And I agree with RR as amazing bang for your buck. I've put about 210 hours into it and I'm only just over half way done. Not a bad $30 investment (or free if you watched e3 with the mixer app).
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
29-Jan-2018(#122)
tonymack21 wrote:
> the dpads on the standard x1 controllers are horribly clicky.
>
> and ya xbox adding kodi has now made it the most powerful kodi box by far, but ive
> still been using my shield for that as I haven't bothered to set it up on an xbox
> yet
>
>

I almost bought a sheild do Kodi... I probably would have if they did not release the app for the Xbox one.






tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
29-Jan-2018(#123)
the shield is a great kodi box, its an amazing streaming box all round really. the only thing I don't like about it is that the subtitles are in yellow and in the black box on hulu for anime, whereas on the ps4 they are white without the black boxing which I prefer and I cant see that it can be changed.

its an amazing emulation machine for retro game too. aside from a nice pc its about the best ive seen.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
29-Jan-2018(#124)
So you know Game Pass is a good deal when retailers in the UK are boycotting Xbox over it:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/29/independent...
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
* 29-Jan-2018(#125)
ya "the know" was doing a vid on this and were explaining that's why digital games aren't already cheaper than retail, as retailers would just stop carrying it. digital game sales are growing but the huge majority of consoles are still bought at retail. ive bought my last 4 or 5 consoles on amazon no probs though.

has anyone tried gamepass? you get to download the game or just stream it? that would keep me from psnow even if it was as cheap as gamepass, as the idea of streaming it just doesn't sound appealing.


dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
29-Jan-2018(#126)
I just signed up for the free 14-day trail on Saturday. Once you have the Game Pass license, you just go to whatever game is on there and hit install. Simple as that. You have the game and can even play them offline I believe, you just need to be signed into your account. I've downloaded 3 games so far.
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
29-Jan-2018(#127)
That's pretty sick..I'll wait til I'm gonna play something but I think I'll be getting in on it, psnow strram only isn't as attractive, especially at that price and I have all my wanted ps2 and ps3 games already.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
29-Jan-2018(#128)
I'll be using a good chunk of my Bing points to get GP for free from now on since I emptied my points balance a bit the other day maxing my Xbox account with 3 years of Live. GP is quite a bit better than I thought it would be.
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
29-Jan-2018(#129)
Nice I'll have to check it out.


dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
29-Jan-2018(#131)
Huh, that would be interesting. Vavle and MS are located like 10 minutes from each other (Valve owns a building right across the highway from MS campus), and I've suspected that MS would try to acquire Blue Hold for exclusive access to PUBG. EA would be the odd one out the bunch as they kind of seem like a much larger company than MS would invest into as far as gaming goes.
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
29-Jan-2018(#132)
MS should focus on the smaller ones. PUBG would be a nice feather in there cap. Everyone knows they need to do something they are the weakest of the three when it comes to 1st party... This move would not fix that but it would be a step in the right direction.




Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
29-Jan-2018(#133)
dustin11 wrote:
> Huh, that would be interesting. Vavle and MS are located like 10 minutes from each
> other (Valve owns a building right across the highway from MS campus), and I've suspected
> that MS would try to acquire Blue Hold for exclusive access to PUBG. EA would be
> the odd one out the bunch as they kind of seem like a much larger company than MS
> would invest into as far as gaming goes


I just started today with Bing points. I can't stand Edge or Bing they blow hard! But I can do a little every month if it means free live.


tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
* 29-Jan-2018(#134)
That would certainly be interesting..I would think EA would be worth more than they would want to pay..but imagine all that EA material as exclusives..it's not like MS doesn't have the money. Wonder what that would do to steam. Pubg makes sense I'd bet they do that.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
29-Jan-2018(#135)
Those EA games would probably Sta cross platform to maintain revenue like they did with Minecraft. They may even do cross platform with PC and Switch and leave PS4 out in the cold since they don't wash console cross platform for whatever reason. VALVE could make since too do the will have immediate access to steam and could integrate it into Xbox, that would be pretty big.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
29-Jan-2018(#136)
Finn wrote:
> dustin11 wrote:
>> Huh, that would be interesting. Vavle and MS are located like 10 minutes from
> each
>> other (Valve owns a building right across the highway from MS campus), and I've
> suspected
>> that MS would try to acquire Blue Hold for exclusive access to PUBG. EA would
> be
>> the odd one out the bunch as they kind of seem like a much larger company than
> MS
>> would invest into as far as gaming goes
>
>
> I just started today with Bing points. I can't stand Edge or Bing they blow hard!
> But I can do a little every month if it means free live.
>
>
>

I've started to prefer Bing, it gets me better search results than google plus ots alot faster. I hate Chrome too, complete resource hog.

Bing points are great though. I cashed in 2 years of points to get my Switch for $100 at launch from amazon gift cards, then in the last 10 months I've gotten enough points to get 3 years of Live and 1 year of game pass. No complaints there.
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
30-Jan-2018(#137)
Damn, if MS acquires EA and Valve and owns the exclusive rights to Madden and FIFA game franchises, as well as Steam, Sony may have to start crapping their pantsuit.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
30-Jan-2018(#138)
One of the IGN commenters summed it up nicely:

"You made fun of the underdog and the underdog just happens to have the most money.".

Look what happened when they were being called out for their "underpowered" console, they went and flexed their muscle and created the X. They get made fun of for not having any games so they buy EA, Blue Hole, and Valve. May be a good idea for fanboys to stop poking the hornets nest. Just think too, all those EA games will then be "1st party" and thus free on launch day via Game Pass. No one in the industry could compete with that. No one.
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
30-Jan-2018(#139)
It's so true. MS could easily end this generation's console war with one blank check.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
30-Jan-2018(#140)
They wrote off like $4 billion with the failed Nokia acquisition and $900m with the 1st generation Surface devices. Like you said, if they wanted to they could just end console gaming. The only company they probably couldn't buy is Nintendo, they've got far too much cash that MS probably wouldn't want to spend that much to buy them. Personally, I think that Capcom and Sega would be better acquisitions, but EA probably moves more games than either of those two companies do. It would help them in other markets where they're struggling more though, they're still doing okay here in the states seeing as how they outsold PS4 last month.

This could be a massive thing too because just think; you could either buy Madden, Fifa, Titanfall, Battlefield, etc.... for $60 on the PS4 or get it for free day one through game pass on the X1. The amount that this could shift the console market it massive and probably bigger than anything we've seen before.
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 30-Jan-2018(#141)
Yeah, it would be a no brainer. Spend $60 a pop or $10 a month for game pass and get all the exclusives day 1. This rumor could very well be true because the announcement of exclusives at launch on game pass makes me think there's a bigger plan in store that MS has. The purchase of EA could be it. EA and MS seem to have a good relationship too with EA access. I think it would be a bold move. In terms of Capcom/Sega, I wish Nintendo would buy them. I feel that they would benefit more and be put to better use if owned by a fellow Japanese company. MS may just bury them like they did with Platinum Games Scalebound game, which I'm still sad about to this day that we will never see come to light. Either way, whichever happens, we as the consumers win in the end. I would drop $10 a month in a heartbeat to play MS/EA exclusives on launch day. I'm sure Sony will try to follow suit with a similar deal with their PS Now service. Although the price of, I think it's $15 or $20 a month, for their service is kind of steep, unless they add in Sony exclusives available launch day in their streaming service.
Dustin
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
30-Jan-2018(#142)
Guarantee if M$ buys any of these big companies, the price of GamePass goes up drastically.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
30-Jan-2018(#143)
It may, but even if it doubles at $20/month its still a steal for what you would get in return. EA access would also get rolled into Gamepass.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
30-Jan-2018(#144)
TalonJedi87 wrote:
> Yeah, it would be a no brainer. Spend $60 a pop or $10 a month for game pass and
> get all the exclusives day 1. This rumor could very well be true because the announcement
> of exclusives at launch on game pass makes me think there's a bigger plan in store
> that MS has. The purchase of EA could be it. EA and MS seem to have a good relationship
> too with EA access. I think it would be a bold move. In terms of Capcom/Sega, I wish
> Nintendo would buy them. I feel that they would benefit more and be put to better
> use if owned by a fellow Japanese company. MS may just bury them like they did with
> Platinum Games Scalebound game, which I'm still sad about to this day that we will
> never see come to light. Either way, whichever happens, we as the consumers win in
> the end. I would drop $10 a month in a heartbeat to play MS/EA exclusives on launch
> day. I'm sure Sony will try to follow suit with a similar deal with their PS Now
> service. Although the price of, I think it's $15 or $20 a month, for their service
> is kind of steep, unless they add in Sony exclusives available launch day in their
> streaming service.

At one point Sega went to MS and begged to be bought out. This was at the end of the Dreamcast when Sega was really desperate but MS turned them down as they didn't want to get into console gaming at the time.

PSNow couldn't compete because its laggy, has downgraded visuals, and heavily relies on having a consistently good internet connection to use. They would have to scramble to put newer games on there which would undercut their own new games and they don't have to capital to take that hit.
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
30-Jan-2018(#145)

Also keep in mind these tumors have been around since 2003.... Well with Steam anyway and also Blizzard before Activision got them.

If this did happen not sure how it would change me, but MS would be my lead console probably... I go where the games are. Other then my NHL and Battlefield I dont care about EA... But they would be better off getting PUBG and revisiting there old IP... They have the tools to beef up there 1st party they just choose to toss money at work that's already don't instead or try to.

That's something that pisses me off about MS, they have all the tools but they don't use them... They have a serious issue in the creative department... They need to change that.




six
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
30-Jan-2018(#146)
I would find it hilarious if half life 3 is a Xbox one exclusive.
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
* 30-Jan-2018(#147)
dustin11 wrote:
> TalonJedi87 wrote:
>> Yeah, it would be a no brainer. Spend $60 a pop or $10 a month for game pass and
>> get all the exclusives day 1. This rumor could very well be true because the announcement
>> of exclusives at launch on game pass makes me think there's a bigger plan in store
>> that MS has. The purchase of EA could be it. EA and MS seem to have a good relationship
>> too with EA access. I think it would be a bold move. In terms of Capcom/Sega,
> I wish
>> Nintendo would buy them. I feel that they would benefit more and be put to better
>> use if owned by a fellow Japanese company. MS may just bury them like they did
> with
>> Platinum Games Scalebound game, which I'm still sad about to this day that we
> will
>> never see come to light. Either way, whichever happens, we as the consumers win
> in
>> the end. I would drop $10 a month in a heartbeat to play MS/EA exclusives on launch
>> day. I'm sure Sony will try to follow suit with a similar deal with their PS Now
>> service. Although the price of, I think it's $15 or $20 a month, for their service
>> is kind of steep, unless they add in Sony exclusives available launch day in their
>> streaming service.
>
> At one point Sega went to MS and begged to be bought out. This was at the end of
> the Dreamcast when Sega was really desperate but MS turned them down as they didn't
> want to get into console gaming at the time.
>
> PSNow couldn't compete because its laggy, has downgraded visuals, and heavily relies
> on having a consistently good internet connection to use. They would have to scramble
> to put newer games on there which would undercut their own new games and they don't
> have to capital to take that hit.


PSnow is not that bad... I never had an issue with slowdown and at the time I was using a 50mb connection... And did not notice lowered visuals. Red Dead Redemption looks the same as when I pop it in my ps3. You can also spend $99 for a year of it and that brings it down to less then$10 a month.


I am going to try game pass though... Quick question do I need live for game pass? I may continue with it... I want to catch up on Gears.


dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
30-Jan-2018(#148)
Finn wrote:
>
> Also keep in mind these tumors have been around since 2003.... Well with Steam anyway
> and also Blizzard before Activision got them.
>
> If this did happen not sure how it would change me, but MS would be my lead console
> probably... I go where the games are. Other then my NHL and Battlefield I dont care
> about EA... But they would be better off getting PUBG and revisiting there old IP...
> They have the tools to beef up there 1st party they just choose to toss money at
> work that's already don't instead or try to.
>
> That's something that pisses me off about MS, they have all the tools but they don't
> use them... They have a serious issue in the creative department... They need to
> change that.
>
>
>
>
>

I think that Don Mattrik set the course for the company for the next 4 years and Spencer has been the one who's had to turn the ship around, and MS is a very big ship to turn. They've
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
30-Jan-2018(#149)
six wrote:
> I would find it hilarious if half life 3 is a Xbox one exclusive.
We would actually see it so no... It would be awesome. At this point t I would play Half Life 3 on a cardboard box...

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
30-Jan-2018(#150)
Finn wrote:
> dustin11 wrote:
>> TalonJedi87 wrote:
> |>> Yeah, it would be a no brainer. Spend $60 a pop or $10 a month for game pass
> and
> |>> get all the exclusives day 1. This rumor could very well be true because the
> announcement
> |>> of exclusives at launch on game pass makes me think there's a bigger plan in
> store
> |>> that MS has. The purchase of EA could be it. EA and MS seem to have a good relationship
> |>> too with EA access. I think it would be a bold move. In terms of Capcom/Sega,
>> I wish
> |>> Nintendo would buy them. I feel that they would benefit more and be put to better
> |>> use if owned by a fellow Japanese company. MS may just bury them like they did
>> with
> |>> Platinum Games Scalebound game, which I'm still sad about to this day that we
>> will
> |>> never see come to light. Either way, whichever happens, we as the consumers win
>> in
> |>> the end. I would drop $10 a month in a heartbeat to play MS/EA exclusives on
> launch
> |>> day. I'm sure Sony will try to follow suit with a similar deal with their PS
> Now
> |>> service. Although the price of, I think it's $15 or $20 a month, for their service
> |>> is kind of steep, unless they add in Sony exclusives available launch day in
> their
> |>> streaming service.
>>
>> At one point Sega went to MS and begged to be bought out. This was at the end
> of
>> the Dreamcast when Sega was really desperate but MS turned them down as they didn't
>> want to get into console gaming at the time.
>>
>> PSNow couldn't compete because its laggy, has downgraded visuals, and heavily
> relies
>> on having a consistently good internet connection to use. They would have to scramble
>> to put newer games on there which would undercut their own new games and they
> don't
>> have to capital to take that hit.
>
>
> PSnow is not that bad... I never had an issue with slowdown and at the time I was
> using a 50mb connection... And did not notice lowered visuals. Red Dead Redemption
> looks the same as when I pop it in my ps3. You can also spend $99 for a year of
> it and that brings it down to less then$10 a month.
>
>
> I am going to try game pass though... Quick question do I need live for game pass?
> I may continue with it... I want to catch up on Gears.
>
>
>

With PS3 games the visuals won't be a huge downgrade because PSNow maxes at 720p, so if a PS3 game nativally only hit 720p then you wouldn't be able to tell. The main issue would be PS4 games and if you got a 4k set and now all of a sudden are locked into lower resolutions.

50mb connection is still far more than you need with Game Pass, you can get away with >20 easy.

Gold isn't required for Game Pass but I can't say for certain if the 14 day free trial is.
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
30-Jan-2018(#151)
That's actually good to know, when I used it it did not have PS4 games. Hopefully they fix it, until the. That kinda sucks.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
30-Jan-2018(#152)
Fixing it would be a huge investment on Sony's end and require them to really beef up their servers quite a bit. It would also require the user to have a better internet connection because you would be moving twice as much information because of twice as much lines of resolution. That large investment would probably mean a price hike which would make it look even less attractive when compared to Game Pass. With game pass you can download the game then go offline with it, PSNow you can't do that, you're required to be online constantly which will heavily limit their overall growth potential.
six
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
30-Jan-2018(#153)
my internet sucks so, streaming was a no go for psn now.
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
30-Jan-2018(#154)
dustin11 wrote:
> Fixing it would be a huge investment on Sony's end and require them to really beef
> up their servers quite a bit. It would also require the user to have a better internet
> connection because you would be moving twice as much information because of twice
> as much lines of resolution. That large investment would probably mean a price hike
> which would make it look even less attractive when compared to Game Pass. With game
> pass you can download the game then go offline with it, PSNow you can't do that,
> you're required to be online constantly which will heavily limit their overall growth
> potential.



A 50mb conection is why is required for 4k, so a 100mb connection should be fine... I don't know how it is in the States but my crap hole little town has fibre optic... I have a 250mb connection and I could get gigabit but I don't see the point.

They could also always to what Netflix did He allow stuff to be downloaded and available offline. Streaming is what Netflix is all about yet they allowed offline watching So I don't see why Sony would not do this To some point. And at less then $10 a month seems like. Good deal.

TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
30-Jan-2018(#155)
I agree with the being able to download games and play offline with the game pass. Even EA Access allows for that. Sony could implement the offline downloads for their PS Now service too, but like dustin said, it would probably require an immense amount of excess capital to pull that off, something only MS really has right now. Sony is just getting back on their feet after nearly going bankrupt a few years ago. Not sure if they want to dump all their earnings into competing with MS and their game pass just yet since they are technically ahead and winning over MS in terms of units sold, unless they truly do acquire the rights to Valve and/or EA. Then it may be time to reevaluate their attack pattern.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
30-Jan-2018(#156)
That's not how it in the US. I live in a Seattle suburb and I can only get speeds up to 80 with my current provider. Even if I did make the jump to faster internet speeds to play PSNow, we're talking about a jump in monthly payment, which for me would be about $30 more. That >$10/month PSNow is now close to $40/month and a considerably worse value than Game Pass's $10/month. They would need to allow for a download option, but are they even set up for that with their current servers because I don't think they are, it would require even more time investment on their end and by the time they figure it out (lets face it, Sony isn't very good with console online stuff when stacked up against MS), they'll be even further behind. They put all their eggs in the losing basket when they spent $600 million buying Gaikai.
SilverOwl
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Secret Santa
30-Jan-2018(#157)
Tbh I don't really think I will still get gamepass. I play some games real fast, and other games slow and on and off for months and months.
So I would hate to pay 10-20 bucks a month to play a couple of games, and even then some games I always go back to, even a year later. So imo, I would rather own those. If that makes sense.
I know some will say in my case the price is worth it. But is it really worth me paying 10-20 a month to play like 3 games in a 6 month period? And say at least one of those games I will end up going back to later on.
I guess I don't like the games as service kinda think
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
30-Jan-2018(#158)
I pretty much use game pass for the smaller indy games. Ones I can finish up quick and don't have a physical version anyways. If its something I plan on coming back to for a while, or one I really want, then I'll just buy it on disc. I was able to run through 3 games since Saturday morning, so that's not too bad so far. Seeing as how I'll be able to get Game Pass for free, I don't really see a good reason as to why I shouldn't subscribe to it.
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
30-Jan-2018(#159)
Yeah, I think I would use game pass solely for some of the exclusives and games that you can hit and quit in a week or two. I wouldn't use it for big RPG's or adventure games.
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
* 30-Jan-2018(#160)
So, this just happened... I took my Xbox One S back to were I bought it and exchanged it for another. As I am walking out this guy approaches me and asks me if I would like to trade it for a used Xbox one X. I am thinking yah sure what else do you want... He is talking and he got it for xmas and he takes it to camp with him to play some games but mainly for movies. He saying this is too much machine for what I use it for and is looking for just a normal One S. He had tried to return it but could not as he was over the 30 days... I have to get back to work but anyway the guy traded me straight across. Honestly this town rocks sometimes ... So many people don't care about value....


Argh sorry, typing on a phone and in a rush raspberry







Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
30-Jan-2018(#161)
Do I sell it and pocket the difference? The 4k pass through would be nice and save me the money on a good 4k switch ... Argh.

Topic   Xbox One Discussion