VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   ELDEN RING/Souls-Like topic!

Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 10-Jun-2021(#1)
This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/elden-ring-...










February 25, 2022

image


Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh the ELDEN RING


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Huy2cdih0 -------------- GAMEPLAY TRAILER

Winners who've beat it:
@Kommie
@Gypsy
@Feeb
@Archer
@Groo
@Bleed_DukeBlue

Quitters :
@theJaw
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
22-Mar-2022(#2)
I will say I'd far rather play Elden Ring than any COD.
akfa
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
23-Mar-2022(#3)
Coming from only having played Sekiro so not much on the From Software front, but Elden Ring has been one of my favorite gaming experiences in recent years. I don't totally follow everything, and I do get frustrated at times, but I just love the ability to go do whatever, whenever, and discover things by chance that take me down another path. I was recently having trouble with an NPC invader, so I just left and went somewhere else for a while. Later I'll return and stomp em.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
23-Mar-2022(#4)
I like how it's got an easy mode for almost everything if you need to. It's much more accessible and there are way more options to tackle encounters. I never really messed with runes, perfumes and only barely the flask. So many new spells and OP summons / weapons. Just don't with the nerfs.
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
23-Mar-2022(#5)
Feeb wrote:
> I like how it's got an easy mode for almost everything if you need to. It's much
> more accessible and there are way more options to tackle encounters. I never really
> messed with runes, perfumes and only barely the flask. So many new spells and OP
> summons / weapons. Just don't with the nerfs.

Perfumes? Did I miss something after spending over 200 hours on this game? shock
Gypsy
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (37 seconds ago)
23-Mar-2022(#6)
@Archer did you ever pick up the empty bottles?

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Perfume+Bott...

Some of them are pretty nuts.
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
23-Mar-2022(#7)
Gypsy wrote:
> @Archer did you ever pick up the empty bottles?
>
>
> Some of them are pretty nuts.

Oh okay. Yeah I did. I forgot about those. Since its tied to crafting I never used them. I started using crafting stuff early game. But completely forgot about it after like 40 hours and just never opened that menu really. I stocked up on all the stuff I thought I would ever need like the boluses. And the throwables are things I never really uses in these games.
Gypsy
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (37 seconds ago)
23-Mar-2022(#8)
Basically just another way to stack attack or defense if you need it. I never really used them beyond testing.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
23-Mar-2022(#9)
Saw some save edited max level stuff- it's not much easier and comparable to being fully buffed etc. This game does not seem to get as "easy" as other from games as you out level. You can still get 1-2 shot at over level 700.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
23-Mar-2022(#10)
I've not yet crafted or used any items ... minus using a couple of the green things to get rid of poison. I have a massive inventory of crap I'll never use.
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
23-Mar-2022(#11)
I'm sure crafting is useful, but unlike other games with crafting, it's not necessary to use it.
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
23-Mar-2022(#12)
Crafting is very useful if you use consumables or throwables. But I find for myself at least, that I tend to not use them.

In past games the fire pots were strong and did solid damage to anything. I'd use the ones I found. But in this they seem very weak. So I just gave up on bothering to farm and try and make them. The trowing knives in this one seem pretty good. And crafting those would probably be a good idea. But I personally always forget to use items when in combat. I keep a few equiped to pull from mobs, etc. But I never end up using more 20-30 a cycle. And you find way more than that. And the buff items I just don't use. In any game. I don't know why. I just don't like using items like that. I'm not "saving them for later" or anything. I just don't use them. I always forget about them usually as well. So I sell them and use the runes for upgrading weapons.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
23-Mar-2022(#13)
Uhhhm, this felt super cheesy and should not have been made. Should have been way cooler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeGXbVJk3E0
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
23-Mar-2022(#14)
That was awful.
akfa
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
23-Mar-2022(#15)
i always make things to coat my swords, if i think it will help vs a boss
Sun
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
23-Mar-2022(#16)
76 hours in and Level 88. Just reached Lake of Rot (will need to come back because of annoying Scarlet Rot). Need to finish up Deeproot Depths and a bit of Caelid before going back to Atlus Plateau.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
23-Mar-2022(#17)
I love crafting my Fire Goops to enchant my weapon, run into the boss room, ring the level 10 Mimic bell and die in 35 seconds
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
23-Mar-2022(#18)
Archer wrote:
> That was awful.

It's almost disrespectful to the game and developers
WithinTemptation
Gold Good Trader
23-Mar-2022(#19)
Almost got the PS5 plat done. Pretty much just speed running at this point. I started fresh since I wanted my trophies to be in an order you could actually get them. My earliest backup save I have from PS4 is from before fire giant, so I had to run to do all the bosses anyway. I'll just use my PS4 save for the endings/all weapons trophies. Only annoying part was having to basically do ranni/fia quest all over. I did the run just off of memory so I kept getting lost and I ended up at Elmer really early. That fight was brutal. I only had wolf ashes and he literally 1 hit them, most of his attacks 1 hit me as well with only a few that didn't. Radahn was also brutal this time. I really hate this fight. I can dodge the arrows on foot, but he seems to be able to smack the horse even full sprint.

Since Im offline I'm much lower level as I cant get to the grind spot until basically end game. Ran most the game around level 40, then was able to get in the 70s with some of the later bosses and the gold scarab. Once I got there normally I just ran for the fly spell, +10 stone and the boss. Didn't do any leveling. Was stuck again on flower boss for 5 hours. Almost did it first run too, was so close. Its the second phase thats so hard since your summons gets wrecked and they are so aggressive I cant find any opening for attack. How do you guys punish the flower attack? I get rot before I can even reach the boss. I respeced like 10 times. I had a good tank build that it crazy good. I could survive all day. However the boss will still heal when they hit your shield even if you take 0 damage. So it took like 20 minutes to even reach phase 2. And then the tank build wasnt that good. For it to work on this boss I have to have a summons survive since I cant do enough damage for how much they heal from hitting me. In the end I did the same as I did before, but this time I respeced with 80 arcane/60 faith and used the flies. Had my summons use the frost stomp while I spammed flies. Should have just did this first, but really wanted to find some other way. With 80 arcane, the seal you get from the start of the game and the files just wreck the boss.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 23-Mar-2022(#20)
I used the sword lazer or any other ranged spell attack to punish it. Launch a whole bar of glint swords / as many as you can or a couple of sword lazers. Equip a heavy bleed weapon when you summon Jerry and then switch back to lazer makes it pretty simple too.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
23-Mar-2022(#21)
This may have already been posted but it's fantastic

https://youtu.be/LSyRf8rAjTs
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
23-Mar-2022(#22)
Another Dunkey Elden Ring video haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1H4o4FW-wA
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
23-Mar-2022(#23)
Lol. This game is EZ mode DS. Sorry. He's a vag face.
WithinTemptation
Gold Good Trader
23-Mar-2022(#24)
Feeb wrote:
> I used the sword lazer or any other ranged spell attack to punish it. Launch a whole
> bar of glint swords / as many as you can or a couple of sword lazers. Equip a heavy
> bleed weapon when you summon Jerry and then switch back to lazer makes it pretty
> simple too.

I kinda want to try the tank with SNAF now. Not sure how well it can work since I wouldnt have much FP and need 25 int/faith. However the tank was working so well I could probably get by with something like 25 or 30 vigor. I had it pumped up to 60 but since the attacks were all physical I took 0 damage. Not sure if they nerfed tank builds but I wouldn't mind doing a full tank run. It would still be challenging since there is so much magic and other damage sources. So its not like I could only tank. I almost always do mage/pyro builds so the tank was something really different for me.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
24-Mar-2022(#25)
65 hours in... Can't get enough. Only a single encounter I haven't been able to finish yet. One of the Gaols, Electo or whatever his name is.
Sun
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
24-Mar-2022(#26)
The trio of Putrid Crystallians in one of the Caelid caves is awful. Wasted 1.5 hours last night trying to beat it before giving up and looking up a cheese method. Will try cheese method later.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
24-Mar-2022(#27)
Sun wrote:
> The trio of Putrid Crystallians in one of the Caelid caves is awful. Wasted 1.5
> hours last night trying to beat it before giving up and looking up a cheese method.
> Will try cheese method later.

Oh, I totally cheesed this (there are more like them) ... the mist? AMAZING! haha, I've used it elsewhere too.
Gypsy
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (37 seconds ago)
24-Mar-2022(#28)
I beat them with a flail. 😬😬😬
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
24-Mar-2022(#29)
Just focused the range one first and moved down the line. Takes lots of damage. Just need to keep aggro off yourself.
WithinTemptation
Gold Good Trader
24-Mar-2022(#30)
Sun wrote:
> The trio of Putrid Crystallians in one of the Caelid caves is awful. Wasted 1.5
> hours last night trying to beat it before giving up and looking up a cheese method.
> Will try cheese method later.

There is this jump slam ash of war you can put on your shield. you can literally just spam that as it will knock them down every time. I'd need to load up the PS4 version to see what the name was called. Currently just speed running the PS5 version so I have hardly anything.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
25-Mar-2022(#31)
Kinda nuts. I put 82 hours into HFW and did everything. Rolling in on 70 hours in Elden Ring and I feel like I easily have another 50 to go. Doing every possible thing... Man this game is fantastic.
Sun
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
25-Mar-2022(#32)
Yep, cheesed the Putrid Crystalians with the Night Mist sorcery. Still took me 5 tries or so.

Now to try the Putrid Tree Spirit again. It's the only other boss I've yet to defeat that I've encountered.
WithinTemptation
Gold Good Trader
25-Mar-2022(#33)
I made a new character and decided to do some coop at Margit. There was this one person who was summoned who looked like the starting thief gear. Anyway he kept doing something that would totally slam Margit to the ground and paralyze them. I saved the clip and best I can tell it looks like it might be a consumable as it looks like he just smashes the ground. Or maybe something added to the starting dagger? It was this big yellow circle. on the ground when they did it. I looked up every spell and couldnt seem to figure out what it was, nothing looks like it. But it seems pretty OP.
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
* 25-Mar-2022(#34)
WithinTemptation wrote:
> I made a new character and decided to do some coop at Margit. There was this one
> person who was summoned who looked like the starting thief gear. Anyway he kept
> doing something that would totally slam Margit to the ground and paralyze them.
> I saved the clip and best I can tell it looks like it might be a consumable as it
> looks like he just smashes the ground. Or maybe something added to the starting
> dagger? It was this big yellow circle. on the ground when they did it. I looked
> up every spell and couldnt seem to figure out what it was, nothing looks like it.
> But it seems pretty OP.

That is a tool item called Magrits shackle. Sold by a certain reputable merchant you find in a cave in Limgrave. Mohg has one as well, found in the sewers of the capital.

Also some more info on the shackles, they can be used to cheese bosses before ever entering the boss fog (only those of their namesake). And they can be used in hero's tombs to destroy the giant fudge you die spinning wheel chariots.
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
25-Mar-2022(#35)
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
25-Mar-2022(#36)
I never realized I had that damn item in my inventory until recently, woulda been cool to check it out. Guess I could just YT a video of it.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
25-Mar-2022(#37)
Soo, I need to finish Dung Eaters quest before giving him the potion from Selevus yeah? Giving him the potion gets me his summon right? So order of ops is finish Dung, then potion, profit?
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
25-Mar-2022(#38)
MrBean wrote:
> Soo, I need to finish Dung Eaters quest before giving him the potion from Selevus
> yeah? Giving him the potion gets me his summon right? So order of ops is finish Dung,
> then potion, profit?

I got that potion but never finished the quest line.
WithinTemptation
Gold Good Trader
25-Mar-2022(#39)
Feeb wrote:
> MrBean wrote:
>> Soo, I need to finish Dung Eaters quest before giving him the potion from Selevus
>> yeah? Giving him the potion gets me his summon right? So order of ops is finish
> Dung,
>> then potion, profit?
>
> I got that potion but never finished the quest line.

Same, for some reason Selevus keeps dying in my runs. Guess I should look up how to keep them alive. I found the dung eater in the sewer and just fought him there.
WithinTemptation
Gold Good Trader
25-Mar-2022(#40)
Archer wrote:
> WithinTemptation wrote:
>> I made a new character and decided to do some coop at Margit. There was this
> one
>> person who was summoned who looked like the starting thief gear. Anyway he kept
>> doing something that would totally slam Margit to the ground and paralyze them.
>
>> I saved the clip and best I can tell it looks like it might be a consumable as
> it
>> looks like he just smashes the ground. Or maybe something added to the starting
>> dagger? It was this big yellow circle. on the ground when they did it. I looked
>> up every spell and couldnt seem to figure out what it was, nothing looks like
> it.
>> But it seems pretty OP.
>
> That is a tool item called Magrits shackle. Sold by a certain reputable merchant
> you find in a cave in Limgrave. Mohg has one as well, found in the sewers of the
> capital.
>
> Also some more info on the shackles, they can be used to cheese bosses before ever
> entering the boss fog (only those of their namesake). And they can be used in hero's
> tombs to destroy the giant fudge you die spinning wheel chariots.

I had no idea that is what those did.
WithinTemptation
Gold Good Trader
* 25-Mar-2022(#41)
One thing I always hated about the souls games is the matchmaking. I was talking to this guy in the roundtable and he instantly ruined my new character by giving me a +8 weapon. I wanted to keep this character at +0 so I could coop and help people. Now I can't get a single summon. Its like in DS 1 where you could easily get a special weapon basically making you +5 early and missing out on most summons. Why not just adjust the power level like they do with password matchmaking? So frustrating as I have 4 hours into this new build getting everything I wanted. On my first playthrough I found out if you don't spare a certain someone you get a +8 weapon there as well, so I knew not to do that again.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
26-Mar-2022(#42)
Haha I just got summoned into an invasion... I one shotted the guy with Ranni's Dark Moon.

Then all of an hour later... Another summon, in which I get one shotted by some type of throwing item, no idea what it was.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
26-Mar-2022(#43)
MrBean wrote:
> Haha I just got summoned into an invasion... I one shotted the guy with Ranni's Dark
> Moon.
>
> Then all of an hour later... Another summon, in which I get one shotted by some type
> of throwing item, no idea what it was.

Douche?
WithinTemptation
Gold Good Trader
26-Mar-2022(#44)
MrBean wrote:
> Haha I just got summoned into an invasion... I one shotted the guy with Ranni's Dark
> Moon.
>
> Then all of an hour later... Another summon, in which I get one shotted by some type
> of throwing item, no idea what it was.

Maybe the shield spell glitch
WithinTemptation
Gold Good Trader
* 26-Mar-2022(#45)
That +8 weapon definitely messed up this character. I guess I'll start over again. I've been leaving my summon sign for a few hours now while I was watching TV. Only got summoned 1 time. Before I'd get summoned within a minute of dropping the sign. They should definitely let us delete weapons or give an option to accept when the item you receive will effect matchmaking. I even tried to send my sign to the pools.

I found while I can't help new players with Margit anymore I can fight Godrick non stop.
d3vanj
Triple Gold Good Trader
26-Mar-2022(#46)

I am at like 200 hours and still haven't beaten the game once lol. Partly due to losing 50 hours on a save, but still. Just started a new build and I'm trying to stack bleed. I'm using dual Hoslow's whips (a friend dropped one for me), the pulley crossbow with blood bolts, and the river of blood katana. With ashes to change the scaling of the whips to arcane I am around 100 bleed per hit. If I can get off 2 of the L1 combos that use both whips it procs bleed almost guaranteed, and if it doesn't I just pop off a few arrows with the pulley crossbow. I don't even use the katana really and this build still fudges in pvp
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
26-Mar-2022(#47)
WithinTemptation wrote:
> That +8 weapon definitely messed up this character. I guess I'll start over again.
> I've been leaving my summon sign for a few hours now while I was watching TV. Only
> got summoned 1 time. Before I'd get summoned within a minute of dropping the sign.
> They should definitely let us delete weapons or give an option to accept when the
> item you receive will effect matchmaking. I even tried to send my sign to the pools.
>
> I found while I can't help new players with Margit anymore I can fight Godrick non
> stop.



I'm not sure why not getting summoned entails having to restart?
Bleed_DukeBlue
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 26-Mar-2022(#48)
I got the Elden Beast down to literally one hit left. (His health bar was so low, that I couldn't even see any red.). Then, while I was trying to drink a potion, he got a cheap shot in and finished me off. Sigh.... I'm up to probably 50 or so attempts, and the best I've done consistently is get him to about 25% health left.
WithinTemptation
Gold Good Trader
26-Mar-2022(#49)
Kommie wrote:
> WithinTemptation wrote:
>> That +8 weapon definitely messed up this character. I guess I'll start over again.
>> I've been leaving my summon sign for a few hours now while I was watching TV.
> Only
>> got summoned 1 time. Before I'd get summoned within a minute of dropping the
> sign.
>> They should definitely let us delete weapons or give an option to accept when
> the
>> item you receive will effect matchmaking. I even tried to send my sign to the
> pools.
>>
>> I found while I can't help new players with Margit anymore I can fight Godrick
> non
>> stop.
>
>
>
> I'm not sure why not getting summoned entails having to restart?

Because my goal with that build was to stay at 0 to help new people. Ill make a new one but use this current build for something else now.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
26-Mar-2022(#50)
Bleed_DukeBlue
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
27-Mar-2022(#51)
I did it. I got the platinum on PS5. This is not just the first FromSoft game I've platinumed but also the first I've beaten period. When I finished up, I was level 154 with the following stats:

Vigor- 40
Mind- 35
Endurance- 20
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 19
Intelligence- 84
Faith- 15
Arcane- 12

What a great game. Having put 110 hours into it and beaten almost every optional boss in the game, I will probably never play this again, but it was fantastic while it lasted.
Gypsy
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (37 seconds ago)
27-Mar-2022(#52)
Full on mage, nice.

It's been awesome to see this game attract so many new players. One streamer I am watching went from first time player doing awful to beating Malenia on the 5th try, doing a second playthrough and last night getting out a giant notepad to start writing things out about the lore.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
27-Mar-2022(#53)
Man, Rykards spell is absolutely amazing. Haven't seen it referenced anywhere to date. I've been just destroying crap with it. Absolutely worth the 18 faith. It's making the giants in the north cake.
Gypsy
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (37 seconds ago)
27-Mar-2022(#54)
His sword is great too.
Sun
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
28-Mar-2022(#55)
Just finished Fia's quest line. Tried to finish Ranni's, but pretty much getting one shotted by Astel, Naturalborn of the Void.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
28-Mar-2022(#56)
Sun wrote:
> Just finished Fia's quest line. Tried to finish Ranni's, but pretty much getting
> one shotted by Astel, Naturalborn of the Void.

That lazer bullet and tail smash are pretty much designed as 1 shot even at higher levels. The goal is to get in its face.
Sun
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
28-Mar-2022(#57)
Feeb wrote:
> Sun wrote:
>> Just finished Fia's quest line. Tried to finish Ranni's, but pretty much getting
>> one shotted by Astel, Naturalborn of the Void.
>
> That lazer bullet and tail smash are pretty much designed as 1 shot even at higher
> levels. The goal is to get in its face.

The laser bullet didn't take off too much health, but the tail is what one-shotted me.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
28-Mar-2022(#58)
Astel was fun, took me a few tries. Being in his face was definitely key.

What's even more fun is ...


When he shows up again later in a damn Cave - wasn't as hard, but could be because I was more leveled this time

Sun
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
31-Mar-2022(#60)
I've been exploring at Atlus Plateau and Leyndell Royal Capital (which is a huge map in comparison to something like Stormveil), and I'm at the point where previous bosses are now minibosses lol.
Sun
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
31-Mar-2022(#61)
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
31-Mar-2022(#62)
Sun wrote:
> I've been exploring at Atlus Plateau and Leyndell Royal Capital (which is a huge
> map in comparison to something like Stormveil), and I'm at the point where previous
> bosses are now minibosses lol.

Did you find the Sewers in the Capital? Whole other section ...
Sun
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
31-Mar-2022(#63)
MrBean wrote:
> Sun wrote:
>> I've been exploring at Atlus Plateau and Leyndell Royal Capital (which is a huge
>> map in comparison to something like Stormveil), and I'm at the point where previous
>> bosses are now minibosses lol.
>
> Did you find the Sewers in the Capital? Whole other section ...

How big is it? I've gone down to what looks like sewers, but it wasn't very large.
Gypsy
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (37 seconds ago)
31-Mar-2022(#64)
Fudge the sewers tbh
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
* 31-Mar-2022(#65)
Sun wrote:
> MrBean wrote:
>> Sun wrote:
> |>> I've been exploring at Atlus Plateau and Leyndell Royal Capital (which is a huge
> |>> map in comparison to something like Stormveil), and I'm at the point where previous
> |>> bosses are now minibosses lol.
>>
>> Did you find the Sewers in the Capital? Whole other section ...
>
> How big is it? I've gone down to what looks like sewers, but it wasn't very large.

It gets bigger raspberry not huge, but a fair amount to do, including Dung Eater's quest line.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
31-Mar-2022(#66)
Gypsy wrote:
> Fudge the sewers tbh

haha, I hated them too. That one spider type mob that emerges from the ground, just was whooping me as a caster as he was too fast.

Then, only place I've been invaded that I got owned. Still no clue how he got me, was a one shot projectile (not spell), while trying to defend someone else.
Gypsy
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (37 seconds ago)
31-Mar-2022(#67)
I only did them once in my 4 runs through the game. The first time of course.
incubus421
400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 31-Mar-2022(#68)
Platinum trophy on PS5 at 130 hours.

Level 161 Dex/dual-katana. Couldn't decide if I liked Keen Uchi +25 and Moonveil +10, or Hand of Melania +10 and Moonveil +10 better. No shield/bow towards end game, so I could wear enough armor for 71+ poise, and not flinch against most standard enemies to just mow everything down before they could get much, if any hits in.

Went through the majority of the game with Moonveil +10 and enough Int to use some powerful spells. Moonveil's War attack is outstanding!
I also used Latenna the Albinauric Spirit Ash companion. I don't hear much chatter about Latenna...underrated? She fires a three arrow homing burst every 2-3 seconds that just constantly aggros bosses from afar. Provides plenty of opportunity to back attack and regain aggro before a boss can close the gap on Latenna. Some bosses it felt down right unfair to use her.

Elden Beast was still a chore, took a couple hours to down it. A few others stick out as well

I have a great dislike for Crystal mobs in the form of bosses and large Godskin folk.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
31-Mar-2022(#69)
Latenna is one of my faves. She immediately begins attacking from very far away. Really good.
Bleed_DukeBlue
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
31-Mar-2022(#70)
It may have been the Carian Retaliation trick. You put Ash of War: Carian Retaliation on a shield and then use Wraith Calling Bell to summon a wraith projectile which you then parry with the shield. It gives you three big blue swords that automatically attack enemies you get close to for thousands of damage. (I didn't find out about it until I was pretty much finished with the game, but it was fun to play around with.)

MrBean wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>> Fudge the sewers tbh
>
> haha, I hated them too. That one spider type mob that emerges from the ground, just
> was whooping me as a caster as he was too fast.
>
> Then, only place I've been invaded that I got owned. Still no clue how he got me,
> was a one shot projectile (not spell), while trying to defend someone else.
>
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
31-Mar-2022(#71)
Yikes... I think I've missed quite a few!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/tppsgz...
theyrhere
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 2 Reviews
31-Mar-2022(#72)
Trying to do Ranni/Fia crap. Had to take a break from the game, it gets so intense for me I was having stress dreams about it lol.

Don't have the Nokron map so finding the aqueduct D's brother is awful.
WithinTemptation
Gold Good Trader
1-Apr-2022(#73)
theyrhere wrote:
> Trying to do Ranni/Fia crap. Had to take a break from the game, it gets so intense
> for me I was having stress dreams about it lol.
>
> Don't have the Nokron map so finding the aqueduct D's brother is awful.

Have you fought any bosses in the area? If so, spawn at the Great Waterfall Basin grace, turn around and go through the far left door. He is right there. You have to be careful the timing when you give him the armor.
theyrhere
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 2 Reviews
1-Apr-2022(#74)
I actually just got that map when I realized I was dumb to miss it lol. Beat both horny boys, the dragon kin soldier or whatever, mimic tear. I dont know where that waterfall site is and its killing me.
theyrhere
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 2 Reviews
1-Apr-2022(#75)
I should have explored more but I honestly do not like the Sofria/Nokron area at all. I'm on the lake of rot on Ranni's and I was like, that sounds like it sucks so now I'm here.
WithinTemptation
Gold Good Trader
1-Apr-2022(#76)
theyrhere wrote:
> I should have explored more but I honestly do not like the Sofria/Nokron area at
> all. I'm on the lake of rot on Ranni's and I was like, that sounds like it sucks
> so now I'm here.

Its in the Sofria River region. It in the north-most middle of the map. Above the Aqueduct-Facing Cliffs grace.
WithinTemptation
Gold Good Trader
1-Apr-2022(#77)
theyrhere wrote:
> I actually just got that map when I realized I was dumb to miss it lol. Beat both
> horny boys, the dragon kin soldier or whatever, mimic tear. I dont know where that
> waterfall site is and its killing me.

Do you mean you beat both moose? because that description could also apply to the boss I'm talking about.

I think I know where your getting lost. You know the second moose you fight in the woods (he is at the Hallowhorn Grounds icons, you probably only have the Ancestral Woods grace near him)? Well if your looking at him facing north there is a big cliff to your left. So turn around and then go up that hill/cliff and follow the jellyfish. You will need to drop to a ledge and find a new grace nearby. Just explore this new area and you will find D's brother and the other boss.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
1-Apr-2022(#78)
Getting sad. Just about to hit 100 hours, down to (I beileve) my final two zones. This game has taken over my life. I really want to NG+ a str/fth build but I don't have it in me to do this again, not until dlc probably.

So damn good!
theyrhere
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 2 Reviews
1-Apr-2022(#79)
WithinTemptation wrote:
> theyrhere wrote:
>> I actually just got that map when I realized I was dumb to miss it lol. Beat both
>> horny boys, the dragon kin soldier or whatever, mimic tear. I dont know where
> that
>> waterfall site is and its killing me.
>
> Do you mean you beat both moose? because that description could also apply to the
> boss I'm talking about.
>
> I think I know where your getting lost. You know the second moose you fight in the
> woods (he is at the Hallowhorn Grounds icons, you probably only have the Ancestral
> Woods grace near him)? Well if your looking at him facing north there is a big cliff
> to your left. So turn around and then go up that hill/cliff and follow the jellyfish.
> You will need to drop to a ledge and find a new grace nearby. Just explore this
> new area and you will find D's brother and the other boss.

THANK YOU this was so helpful
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
* 1-Apr-2022(#80)
I've played well over 200 hours of this game. And have completed Fia's quest multiple times. I have no fudging clue who D's brother is.

Okay after just looking it up, I know who that NPC is. But I never connected it. And never did the interaction with him other than getting his gesture he offers.

Topic   ELDEN RING/Souls-Like topic!