Collectibles

Topic   Alucard Statue

MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
18-Apr(#1)
Damnit, I want this so bad ... the shield, the cape, amazing ... but that face!

https://mondotees.com/products/alucard-exclusive
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
18-Apr(#2)
Slickriven
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
18-Apr(#3)
That 2nd one is a bit nicer

kevolones
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
19-Apr(#4)
Both look pretty good.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
* 19-Apr(#5)
I was about to pull the trigger when I found this: https://youtu.be/yROA-9Df1Ks

Looks like the finished product isn't as nice as it was shown (face is even worse, color is very washed out).
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 19-Apr(#6)
MrBean wrote:
> I was about to pull the trigger when I found this: link
>
> Looks like the finished product isn't as nice as it was shown (face is wo se, color
> is very washed out).

I checked out a couple others before this since I hadn't heard of this company before now and I wasn't terribly impressed by what you get for the cost. BUT, I've certainly seen worse. I'd call them slightly below average.

The most alarming thing I saw was how the figure was in the packaging in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1OtZtug3s8
kevolones
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
19-Apr(#7)
Yeah i completely agree with Gypsy. I saw the video and that Alucard looks so crapty. looks like an $80-$100 statue at best, and only because of the scale. The colors, shades and overall quality look subpar. Completely different to what is shown in the website, and that says a lot from a collectible company. It reminds me of what youd get in a collectors edition game. The only "quality" thing I saw were the joints being magnetic.


I would stick to more reknown companies like First 4, Sideshow Collectibles, Kotobukiya, etc.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
19-Apr(#8)
Yah I never heard of them before, my buddy sent me the link as he buys a bunch of their posters. The figure had such potential (I mean c'mon, that cape?!), but looks like it simply failed. Maybe at 1/3 of the price it'd be awesome.

I love F4F but I can't deal with their prices and limited availability.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
19-Apr(#9)
kevolones wrote:
> Yeah i completely agree with Gypsy. I saw the video and that Alucard looks so crapty.
> looks like an $80-$100 statue at best, and only because of the scale. The colors,
> shades and overall quality look subpar. Completely different to what is shown in
> the website, and that says a lot from a collectible company. It reminds me of what
> youd get in a collectors edition game. The only "quality" thing I saw were the joints
> being magnetic.
>
>
> I would stick to more reknown companies like First 4, Sideshow Collectibles, Kotobukiya,
> etc.

So in another youtube video someone nailed it in the comments: American companies focus on size first, Japanese companies focus on details.

Koto is good for sure, I will also add Alter and Vertex. All three of my current pre-orders are from companies I don't have a fig from yet so this will be interesting. Only one (Max Factory) is really well reknowned. That one is already bootlegged (lol) and the actual ones are ordering for more than retail now so I hope I get it.
kevolones
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
19-Apr(#10)
Yeah Max Factory is top notch but they get really expensive unless you preorder quickly. Same with Orchid Seed. Havent bought anything from Vertex, I think I may have 1 from Alter. I recently bought 2 from Pop Culture Shock (Street Fighter)and theyre amazing. Best statues I own, theyre also the most expensive Ive bought though.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
19-Apr(#11)
kevolones wrote:
> Yeah Max Factory is top notch but they get really expensive unless you preorder quickly.
> Same with Orchid Seed. Havent bought anything from Vertex, I think I may have 1 from
> Alter. I recently bought 2 from Pop Culture Shock (Street Fighter)and theyre amazing.
> Best statues I own, theyre also the most expensive Ive bought though.

I've got a lot of Alter figs, all picked up from @Wheels617

Just checked out Pop Culture Shock and wow those do look amazing.

I'll be sure to share pics of my currently ordered figures when they roll in.
kevolones
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
19-Apr(#12)
Yeah, the only reason I bought them is because they were on sale. I had never spend that much in a collectible before but I jumped on them because they were really good price for what I got.
Forgotten_Freshness
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
21-Apr(#13)
Gypsy wrote:

Almost pre-ordered this one. This one is so sick looking.

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
21-Apr(#14)
Forgotten_Freshness wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>
> Almost pre-ordered this one. This one is so sick looking.
>
>

$400 figs are realistically out of my range. Or I guess it's more of a personal preference thing where the max I want to pay for any fig is $200 or less. That one is absolutely sick though for sure.
Wheels617
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
22-Apr(#15)
That's where i was when i was actively collecting gypsy. It took a real special figure for me to exceed $200. Quiet exceeded that but she also appreciated heavily which is usually the case when the only other figure of a character is a squeenix play arts figure that blows chunks.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
22-Apr(#16)
Wheels617 wrote:
> That's where i was when i was actively collecting gypsy. It took a real special
> figure for me to exceed $200. Quiet exceeded that but she also appreciated heavily
> which is usually the case when the only other figure of a character is a squeenix
> play arts figure that blows chunks.

I love Castlevania so I'm not sure what it would take for me.

But yeah some characters are definitely figure starved. I love that we are having a bit of a City Hunter revival because it means good figures. Lupin is a rough one for the male characters (tons of Fujiko ofc...).
kevolones
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
23-Apr(#17)
I took a look at the F4F statue and If I had to decide, I would go with that one.

Regarding Lupin, I would suggest grabbing the Master Stars Piece ones from Banpresto. Master Stars Piece are really really nice for less than 30 ea and theyre pretty big as well (9-11" tall). They also have all main characters which is great. The only bad thing about MSP is that the poses are basic standing poses, nothing fancy there.

Topic   Alucard Statue