General

Topic   anyone know much about making a youtube page ?

jays1fan
Gold Good Trader
5-Mar(#1)
Before I leave this earth , I would like to set up a YouTube Page for my Autistic Daughter with all her DVD's she has. since Dvd's get scratched and ruined ( we already went through it with VHS lol ) , I was wondering what the best and easiest and fastest way would be to do it ? Do i have to play the dvd on the TV and record each one with an iphone ?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
darkslime
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
6-Mar(#2)
are these commercial DVDs or home movies? commercial movies you can't legally upload to YouTube I don't think but you could rip them and save to a hard drive. you can use programs to do this that are free but I don't remember what they're called it's been a while size I've needed to do something like this but I'm sure someone here or google does
jays1fan
Gold Good Trader
6-Mar(#3)
darkslime wrote:
> are these commercial DVDs or home movies? commercial movies you can't legally upload
> to YouTube I don't think but you could rip them and save to a hard drive. you can
> use programs to do this that are free but I don't remember what they're called it's
> been a while size I've needed to do something like this but I'm sure someone here
> or google does

Yeah most are commercial movies like Barney , Blues Clues etc. she watches YouTube every night of some of these and it looks like someone ran the dvd on tv and then took something to record it lol , since you can see the tv on a lot of them. I was hoping to just pop dvd in computer and like you said make a file and post
Jeff
GameTZ Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
6-Mar(#4)
save them all to a hard drive and just continuous play the entire folder.

jays1fan
Gold Good Trader
6-Mar(#5)
Jeff wrote:
> save them all to a hard drive and just continuous play the entire folder.
>
>

If I am able to save them to hard drive then wouldn't I be able to upload to you tube? Just curious
Demonis
Double Gold Good Trader
6-Mar(#6)
DVD Rips to an external HD will be the cheapest most portable way for you to do this. You can get a 4TB HD for around $100 and could put hundreds of dvds on it easily.
Luminous
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
6-Mar(#7)
jays1fan wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>> save them all to a hard drive and just continuous play the entire folder.
>>
>>
>
> If I am able to save them to hard drive then wouldn't I be able to upload to you
> tube? Just curious

Problem is with copyrights. They will get flagged and then pulled down eventually. Your best bet is to do as others said, rip them to an external HDD. You could even copy them to another external for safe keeping. I know I used this software to rip some of my DVD's.

https://www.makemkv.com/

Jeff
GameTZ Subscriber 450 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7)
6-Mar(#8)
if you put the stuff on youtube, they will flag your videos immediately for takedown.

Keep it on a personal drive that way nobody can interfere with your videos. Since you own the original media, you're not infringing on any copyrights.

jays1fan
Gold Good Trader
6-Mar(#9)
So how do the others get away with it? She watches some of these episodes others have put on you tube for years? Also , I would make the page private. She has a chrome book and watches every night
Scots
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
6-Mar(#10)
The point is that it's illegal. Sure, they might miss it for a while, but why would you want to rely on a platform for her to watch her videos that could be taken down at any time?
Luminous
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
6-Mar(#11)
jays1fan wrote:
> So how do the others get away with it? She watches some of these episodes others
> have put on you tube for years? Also , I would make the page private. She has a chrome
> book and watches every night.

Well you still have rip the files either way. Go ahead and give it a shot. Unfortunately I don't have a youtube channel, at least I haven't uploaded any videos.
jays1fan
Gold Good Trader
6-Mar(#12)
Luminous wrote:
> jays1fan wrote:
>> So how do the others get away with it? She watches some of these episodes others
>> have put on you tube for years? Also , I would make the page private. She has
> a chrome
>> book and watches every night.
>
> Well you still have rip the files either way. Go ahead and give it a shot. Unfortunately
> I don't have a youtube channel, at least I haven't uploaded any videos.

Yeah I guess it's either that or play them and use iPhone to record the tv while it's playing. That's what she watches now that others have done.
Thanks
Scott
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review This user is on the site NOW (31 seconds ago)
6-Mar(#13)
jays1fan wrote:
> So how do the others get away with it? She watches some of these episodes others
> have put on you tube for years? Also , I would make the page private. She has a chrome
> book and watches every night

There are some tricks people use, like mirroring the video, blurring out network logos, etc. Even with those tricks, most get taken down eventually. Older, lower profile stuff will stay up longer, but nothing is guaranteed.

Felty
Triple Gold Good Trader Has Written 6 Reviews
9-Mar(#14)
If you make the videos private then they won't take them down.
jays1fan
Gold Good Trader
9-Mar(#15)
Felty wrote:
> If you make the videos private then they won't take them down.

Yes , that is what I am doing

Topic   anyone know much about making a youtube page ?