VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   Death Stranding

Bleed_DukeBlue
Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
* 1-Nov(#1)
Reviews are coming in (currently at 84 on Metacritic): https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/deat...

Sum up: breathtaking but boring, original and thought-provoking but also an unreasonable-to-the-player vanity project.

I got a disc only preorder off of eBay for $38 after eBay bucks and a coupon, so I'll give it a shot. I don't really have a horse in the race, as I only played one Metal Gear Solid game a long time ago. I am a fan of Norman Reedus though.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#2)
shadyfozzie
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
1-Nov(#3)
One of the reasons why I never got into MGS or the Assassin Creeds.. Seems like 40 minutes of cutscenes to play for 10 minutes then continue..
DrizzDrizzDrizz
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Croatia This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
1-Nov(#4)
I was superficially intrigued by Death Stranding but after reading a couple reviews this morning I decided it's definitely not something I'll bother with. Life's too short
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
1-Nov(#5)
Cut scenes loading to cut scenes to cut scenes just to get to your bedroom? Someone in a Youtube comment I read said "Take Kojimas name off this game and it would most likely be torn to shreds."
whitefire
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#6)
I may wait for a sale based on what you guys say.

Heavyd814life
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
1-Nov(#7)
Still day one. Nothing changes. For me, Kojima is one of the greatest videogame auteurs ever. Nobody has been as consistently great as he has, imo. I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but he's my dude! I'll judge for myself whether or not Death Stranding is a good game.

whitefire
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#8)
justin_credible wrote:
> Heavyd814life wrote:
>> Still day one. Nothing changes. For me, Kojima is one of the greatest videogame
> auteurs
>> ever. Nobody has been as consistently great as he has, imo. I know he isn't everyone's
>> cup of tea, but he's my dude! I'll judge for myself whether or not Death Stranding
>> is a good game.
>>
>>
>
> Nothing should change because reviewers say it's good. It's just these idiots on
> this site that wouldn't know a good game if it bit them in the ass hating on it no
> reason to change your mind on buying the game over some trolls. They haven't even
> played the game yet and they have to come up with some conspiracy of why it's good
> it's pathetic.
>
> I mean you really have to be a moron to think the review scores are good because
> "it's made by Kojima" as if he gets some pass.

You gonna suck his cock too. Geez. Lol.

Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
1-Nov(#9)
When is the last time IGN has been relevant for ANYTHING?

I completely respect Kojima, he has a style that you either love or hate it. He makes games that he wants to and I really hope this game sells well because the industry needs people like this and the games they make otherwise we would stagnate. Even though I respect the guy, this is just one game I can't see myself buying anytime soon. I think you have to be in a specific mood to sit down and play these types of games and I am not right now. That's why I have a few games like Detroit BC and Heavy Rain sitting right now...




Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
1-Nov(#10)
justin_credible wrote:
> *
>
> . It's just these idiots on
> this site that wouldn't know a good game if it bit them in the ass
>
>

So you know it's a good game? Have you actually played it yet, or are you, like us basing your opinion off early reviews?
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
1-Nov(#11)
I'll eventually try it, but definitely not a priority for me. Enjoy the game though since you're already convinced it's amazing. Also, enjoy berating people for not adhering to your fanboy blindness.
whitefire
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 1-Nov(#12)
justin_credible wrote:
> whitefire wrote:
>> justin_credible wrote:
> |>> Heavyd814life wrote:
>> |>> Still day one. Nothing changes. For me, Kojima is one of the greatest videogame
> |>> auteurs
>> |>> ever. Nobody has been as consistently great as he has, imo. I know he isn't
> everyone's
>> |>> cup of tea, but he's my dude! I'll judge for myself whether or not Death Stranding
>> |>> is a good game.
>> |>>
>> |>>
> |>>
> |>> Nothing should change because reviewers say it's good. It's just these idiots
>> on
> |>> this site that wouldn't know a good game if it bit them in the ass hating on
> it
>> no
> |>> reason to change your mind on buying the game over some trolls. They haven't
> even
> |>> played the game yet and they have to come up with some conspiracy of why it's
>> good
> |>> it's pathetic.
> |>>
> |>> I mean you really have to be a moron to think the review scores are good because
> |>> "it's made by Kojima" as if he gets some pass.
>>
>> You gonna suck his cock too. Geez. Lol.
>>
>>
>
> Nope but I don't come up with conspiracy theories just because a game gets good reviews
> and then hide behind negs on someone who disagrees. Explain yourself on why I'm wrong
> you can't, no one cares about your pussy negs.

I don't neg anyone. I don't even use the scoring system. I also agree with you that the reviews are not just because of his name (although some bias does happen, of course). It's probably just a good game. I only said that I would wait because I've been a bit on the fence after seeing gameplay, and the reviews are good but do not suggest it's universally beloved, so I'll see what you guys think and then either buy it right away or wait for a sale based on that and maybe a couple of YouTuber's I trust.

I only gave you a hard time because you were coming at it so hard (no pun intended).

aksjdhai
Silver Good Trader
(abandoned)
1-Nov(#13)
whitefire wrote:
> justin_credible wrote:
>> whitefire wrote:
> |>> justin_credible wrote:
>> |>> Heavyd814life wrote:
> |>> |>> Still day one. Nothing changes. For me, Kojima is one of the greatest videogame
>> |>> auteurs
> |>> |>> ever. Nobody has been as consistently great as he has, imo. I know he isn't
>> everyone's
> |>> |>> cup of tea, but he's my dude! I'll judge for myself whether or not Death
> Stranding
> |>> |>> is a good game.
> |>> |>>
> |>> |>>
>> |>>
>> |>> Nothing should change because reviewers say it's good. It's just these idiots
> |>> on
>> |>> this site that wouldn't know a good game if it bit them in the ass hating
> on
>> it
> |>> no
>> |>> reason to change your mind on buying the game over some trolls. They haven't
>> even
>> |>> played the game yet and they have to come up with some conspiracy of why it's
> |>> good
>> |>> it's pathetic.
>> |>>
>> |>> I mean you really have to be a moron to think the review scores are good because
>> |>> "it's made by Kojima" as if he gets some pass.
> |>>
> |>> You gonna suck his cock too. Geez. Lol.
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> Nope but I don't come up with conspiracy theories just because a game gets good
> reviews
>> and then hide behind negs on someone who disagrees. Explain yourself on why I'm
> wrong
>> you can't, no one cares about your pussy negs.
>
> I don't neg anyone. I don't even use the scoring system. I also agree with you that
> the reviews are not just because of his name (although some bias does happen, of
> course). It's probably just a good game. I only said that I would wait because I've
> been a bit on the fence about seeing gameplay, and the reviews are good but do not
> suggest it's universally beloved, so I'll see what you guys think and then either
> buy it right away or wait for a sale based on that and maybe a couple of YouTuber's
> I trust.
>
> I only gave you a hard time because you were coming at it so hard (no pun intended).
>
>

Dude I don't care if you're gay or not but I'm not interested hit on someone else.
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
1-Nov(#14)
justin_credible wrote:
> Kommie wrote:
>> I'll eventually try it, but definitely not a priority for me. Enjoy the game though
>> since you're already convinced it's amazing. Also, enjoy berating people for not
>> adhering to your fanboy blindness.
>
> If you have no interest in the game then f off there's other threads you can visit
> instead of being a hater.
>
> I'm berating people for saying the game got higher review scores because of who made
> it and I have no regrets doing that because it's stupid.

Could you be anymore of a blind fanboy? "HATER!" "HATER!" "HATER!"

To say Kojima's name has nothing to do with people's opinion on the game is just dumb. The man's name has power, whether you want to admit it or not.
whitefire
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 1-Nov(#15)
Lol.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#16)
This thread is probably more entertaining than the game.
Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#17)
Gotta be honest, the game looked stupid to me from gameplay footage. Maybe I'm wrong.
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
1-Nov(#18)
dustin11 wrote:
> This thread is probably more entertaining than the game.

Eh, it's just people having potentially mixed opinions, maybe try it on sale and OMG YOU'RE A FUDGING DUMB CRAP RETARD WHO EATS THEIR OWN CRAP IF YOU DON'T LOVE THIS GAME. HATER HATER HATER. HATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
1-Nov(#19)
justin_credible wrote:
> If you hate him that bad get a voodoo doll and poke it
> with needles.
>
>

Literally never said I hate the guy.
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
1-Nov(#20)
justin_credible wrote:
> Kommie wrote:
>> justin_credible wrote:
> |>> *
> |>>
> |>> . It's just these idiots on
> |>> this site that wouldn't know a good game if it bit them in the ass
> |>>
>> |>
>>
>> So you know it's a good game? Have you actually played it yet, or are you, like
> us
>> basing your opinion off early reviews?
>
> Kojima has an excellent track record of making great games + the reviews are good,
> I have no reason to think the game is bad.
>
> At least I'm not coming up with fictional theories of why the review scores are higher
> because of the man's name. That's pure hate right there. Why spend your time on something
> you hate? Just shows how pathetic you are. And you're basing all this off what some
> random youtuber said as if it's a fact.

Spot on! There aren't many, if any, creators out here with a track record to rival Kojima's. You may not like him, but let's not pretend the guy puts out garbage. People complain about him getting preferential treatment, but I don't see anyone complaining when Nintendo or Sony's games all get reviewed well. Not sure why Kojima always gets singled out. I've said this before, but MGS5 and PT are legitimately two of the best things I've experienced this generation. And they both have Kojima's fingerprints all over them.

That said...damn, this thread turned into a war zone hella fast lol.

Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#21)
Heavyd814life wrote:
> justin_credible wrote:
>> Kommie wrote:
> |>> justin_credible wrote:
>> |>> *
>> |>>
>> |>> . It's just these idiots on
>> |>> this site that wouldn't know a good game if it bit them in the ass
>> |>>
> |>> |>
> |>>
> |>> So you know it's a good game? Have you actually played it yet, or are you, like
>> us
> |>> basing your opinion off early reviews?
>>
>> Kojima has an excellent track record of making great games + the reviews are good,
>> I have no reason to think the game is bad.
>>
>> At least I'm not coming up with fictional theories of why the review scores are
> higher
>> because of the man's name. That's pure hate right there. Why spend your time on
> something
>> you hate? Just shows how pathetic you are. And you're basing all this off what
> some
>> random youtuber said as if it's a fact.
>
> Spot on! There aren't many, if any, creators out here with a track record to rival
> Kojima's. You may not like him, but let's not pretend the guy puts out garbage. People
> complain about him getting preferential treatment, but I don't see anyone complaining
> when Nintendo or Sony's games all get reviewed well. Not sure why Kojima always gets
> singled out. I've said this before, but MGS5 and PT are legitimately two of the best
> things I've experienced this generation. And they both have Kojima's fingerprints
> all over them.
>
> That said...damn, this thread turned into a war zone hella fast lol.
>
>

I never played PT, but I thought MGS5 wasn't that great either lol. Kojima makes games that obviously aren't meant for me, and I am ok with that. BUT, you have to admit he does seem to have a very rabid fan-base and they let their claws out when people start criticizing his work. Nintendo and Sony do too sure, but there's something about those diehard Kojima fans. My brother-in-law is one, and he has taken the gloves off in anticipation of defense.
whitefire
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 1-Nov(#22)
PT was AMAZING! That's what disappointed me most about this game. I wanted it to be more survival horror and less whatever it is. I appreciate the originality though, and it doesn't mean it isn't awesome.

Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#23)
justin_credible wrote:
> Dasgessabel wrote:
>> Heavyd814life wrote:
> |>> justin_credible wrote:
>> |>> Kommie wrote:
> |>> |>> justin_credible wrote:
>> |>> |>> *
>> |>> |>>
>> |>> |>> . It's just these idiots on
>> |>> |>> this site that wouldn't know a good game if it bit them in the ass
>> |>> |>>
> |>> |>> |>
> |>> |>>
> |>> |>> So you know it's a good game? Have you actually played it yet, or are you,
>> like
>> |>> us
> |>> |>> basing your opinion off early reviews?
>> |>>
>> |>> Kojima has an excellent track record of making great games + the reviews are
>> good,
>> |>> I have no reason to think the game is bad.
>> |>>
>> |>> At least I'm not coming up with fictional theories of why the review scores
> are
> |>> higher
>> |>> because of the man's name. That's pure hate right there. Why spend your time
>> on
> |>> something
>> |>> you hate? Just shows how pathetic you are. And you're basing all this off
> what
> |>> some
>> |>> random youtuber said as if it's a fact.
> |>>
> |>> Spot on! There aren't many, if any, creators out here with a track record to
> rival
> |>> Kojima's. You may not like him, but let's not pretend the guy puts out garbage.
>> People
> |>> complain about him getting preferential treatment, but I don't see anyone complaining
> |>> when Nintendo or Sony's games all get reviewed well. Not sure why Kojima always
>> gets
> |>> singled out. I've said this before, but MGS5 and PT are legitimately two of the
>> best
> |>> things I've experienced this generation. And they both have Kojima's fingerprints
> |>> all over them.
> |>>
> |>> That said...damn, this thread turned into a war zone hella fast lol.
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> I never played PT, but I thought MGS5 wasn't that great either lol. Kojima makes
>> games that obviously aren't meant for me, and I am ok with that. BUT, you have
> to
>> admit he does seem to have a very rabid fan-base and they let their claws out
> when
>> people start criticizing his work. Nintendo and Sony do too sure, but there's
> something
>> about those diehard Kojima fans. My brother-in-law is one, and he has taken the
> gloves
>> off in anticipation of defense.
>
> I have no problem if his games aren't for you you're not being unreasonable about
> your logic. You say he has a rabid fan-base but I would also argue he has the wildest
> haters that I've ever seen. They come up with conspiracy theories of why his games
> are good instead of just ignoring him or just giving credit but saying his games
> just aren't for them. I guess you either love his work or detest it with a voodoo
> doll.

For sure he is a polarizing figure, both in love and hate. I find his ideas interesting, I've just never been a huge fan of his games.
DrizzDrizzDrizz
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Croatia This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
1-Nov(#24)
For the record I negged you not because of anything related to Kojima name/review correlation, but because of your ridiculous attitude
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#25)
Same
Scott
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
* 1-Nov(#26)
justin_credible wrote:
> Like I don't care for Pokemon games, but I acknowledge that they're wildly successful
> usually highly reviewed and their fanbase loves it. You wouldn't see me in a Pokemon
> thread trying to hate on it though, I just ignore it.

Kojima is mostly famous for Metal Gear right? I've only played the first Metal Gear Solid, it was ok but I'm not a huge fan of the genre. I recognize that the Metal Gear games are very well-made and well-reviewed games, but Death Stranding looks super boring. I don't know about reviews being different, but if his name wasn't attached to it, I think far less people would even be interested in it to begin with. I was just reading through some comments on a video game FB group where people were talking it. The OP was pointing out the mixed reviews and if people were still planning to get it or not. So many people were basically just like "It's Kojima so I'm getting it". I think that's the kind of thing some people in this thread are referring to.

sefjwm
Triple Gold Good Trader
* 1-Nov(#27)
Hmm slow, tedious but weird and fascinating. Sounds about right. Getting my fetus baby in a week :) Can't wait to make piss mushrooms and poop bombs.
Bleed_DukeBlue
Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
* 1-Nov(#28)
In hindsight, I probably should have titled this thread "Everyone have a slap fight about a game none of us has played yet." I don't know if this will be good or bad, and I'm giving it a shot for myself to see, but some people have surprisingly strong opinions already nevertheless.
Shawn
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
* 1-Nov(#29)
I tent to like Kojima's games because the humor and character interactions are intelligently done. Cleverness and quirkiness mixed together.. I love it. They keep me interested where I otherwise get bored by most game characters/storylines..

For those reasons, I will probably give this game a shot regardless of what reviewers are saying.
Dusk
400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#30)
justin_credible wrote:
> dustin11 wrote:
>> Same
>
> You would neg me if I said "how is everyone today?" You don't like me, don't care.
>
Take a nap dude. Who cares what a few people on here think. Just like any other game, let people play it and decide for themselves. Kojima has a cult following. This game has a lot of hype from the weird ass trailers and after the whole PT thing. It's going to get strangely rated. It's a strange game to begin with.
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 1-Nov(#31)
Do I smell... *sniff sniff* ...yes, I think I do... I smell someone acknowledging the scores! wink

On one hand there are certain creators who get high praise no matter what and there could easily be a bias from the critics who offer that praise, so it can be difficult to tell if they're just blowing smoke or if they're being legit. On the other hand, there are folks who subscribe to a more counter-culture train of thought who will criticize anything from aforementioned creator as it allows them a greater sense of individuality or, in some cases, superiority. When it comes to creators with a high enough profile, both examples of bias (for and against) will be represented on the ol' WWW. Gotta play the game, watch the movie, read the book and come to your own judgments on each project individually, otherwise you're really just functioning via your own personal bias.

Everything surrounding the release of Death Stranding has left me with 0 expectations and, to be honest, a very low desire to play the game. I don't even know what it is yet (haven't played or watched any gameplay), so I can't lean one way or the other. I'll play it when it's a bit cheaper because the weirdness of it seems right up my alley, but I'll hold out until I hear more. Looks pretty neat though.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#32)
I have never cared for Kojima made games, I just don't see the hype. I've played 4 Metal Gear games and have been left thoroughly unimpressed with every single one of them. Kojima comes off as being an incredibly pretentious person as well.
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#33)
whitefire wrote:
> justin_credible wrote:
>> Heavyd814life wrote:
> |>> Still day one. Nothing changes. For me, Kojima is one of the greatest videogame
>> auteurs
> |>> ever. Nobody has been as consistently great as he has, imo. I know he isn't everyone's
> |>> cup of tea, but he's my dude! I'll judge for myself whether or not Death Stranding
> |>> is a good game.
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> Nothing should change because reviewers say it's good. It's just these idiots
> on
>> this site that wouldn't know a good game if it bit them in the ass hating on it
> no
>> reason to change your mind on buying the game over some trolls. They haven't even
>> played the game yet and they have to come up with some conspiracy of why it's
> good
>> it's pathetic.
>>
>> I mean you really have to be a moron to think the review scores are good because
>> "it's made by Kojima" as if he gets some pass.
>
> You gonna suck his cock too. Geez. Lol.
>
>

a few days ago i saw Whitefire helping somebody out and remembered other nice things he has done and thought to myself i think that Whitefire dude might be the nicest guy i ever seen on GTZ and then i see this comment LOL +1 thanks for the laugh.
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 1-Nov(#34)
lol all this drama over some stupid sht i just came to say i like Kojimas games, i find them immersive and interesting, So i'm still getting it when it comes out on PC. i can understand why some people don't like them though and then started noticing all the drama and thought about getting some popcorn raspberry at first i thought it was heavy that said all that silly sht and was like wow i didn't know heavywas such a man child lol some comments got deleted so it took me a while to see wtf was going on, Anyway glad i came :P
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#35)
Yeah, the thread became very entertaining when Justin became completely unhinged. Looks like the dude has now abandoned his account. Imagine getting that worked up over a video game, lol.
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 1-Nov(#36)
dustin11 wrote:
> Yeah, the thread became very entertaining when Justin became completely unhinged.
> Looks like the dude has now abandoned his account. Imagine getting that worked up
> over a video game, lol.

LOL this crap keeps getting better and better.
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#37)
i hope that dude is just some little kid and not a grown man acting like that over this lol
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#38)
He has a history of doing this. Came into the Xbox One thread out of no where like someone said "Beetle Juice" 3 times and caused issues until Bill had to boot him. Very entertaining morning indeed.
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#39)
i need to start checking more Kojima topics.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#40)
I think more Kojima threads need to be started. "Kojima vs Miyamoto. Battle of the most influential Japanese game developers", should really get some people riled up.
Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#41)
Miyamoto > Kojima.
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
1-Nov(#42)
I can't believe Justin deleted his account over this. Wow! Not sure what to say. It's not like anything said today hasn't been said about Kojima's games in the past. So I'm not sure why he snapped the way he did. I hope he comes back. He's a pretty good dude.

proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#43)
Dasgessabel wrote:
> Miyamoto > Kojima.

image
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
1-Nov(#44)
Hidetaka Miyazaki > Kojima

Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#45)
proudtobelatino wrote:
> Dasgessabel wrote:
>> Miyamoto > Kojima.
>
>

Norman Reedus > Kojima
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
1-Nov(#46)
I had to Google who Miyamoto is. Now I know.
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#47)
Dasgessabel wrote:
> proudtobelatino wrote:
>> Dasgessabel wrote:
> |>> Miyamoto > Kojima.
>>
>>
>
> Norman Reedus > Kojima

keep it up mother $%^&#$ and there is going to be a florida man sighting in Georgia
Bleed_DukeBlue
Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
1-Nov(#48)
I can agree with that.

Dasgessabel wrote:
> proudtobelatino wrote:
>> Dasgessabel wrote:
> |>> Miyamoto > Kojima.
>>
>>
>
> Norman Reedus > Kojima
Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#49)
proudtobelatino wrote:
> Dasgessabel wrote:
>> proudtobelatino wrote:
> |>> Dasgessabel wrote:
>> |>> Miyamoto > Kojima.
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> Norman Reedus > Kojima
>
> keep it up mother $%^&#$ and there is going to be a florida man sighting in Georgia

Florida Man better stay in FL if Florida Man knows what is good for Florida Man! But you can come hang out, you cool
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
1-Nov(#50)
dustin11 wrote:
> Yeah, the thread became very entertaining when Justin became completely unhinged.
> Looks like the dude has now abandoned his account. Imagine getting that worked up
> over a video game, lol.

Yeah, really. He's been here over a decade, why throw it away so easily? I have so little interest in this game so I'm not sure why I even clicked on this thread, but his overreacting is why I continued reading through.
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
1-Nov(#51)
"You're a hater for not having interest in it!"

----Justin in spirit form.
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#52)
Dasgessabel wrote:
> proudtobelatino wrote:
>> Dasgessabel wrote:
> |>> proudtobelatino wrote:
>> |>> Dasgessabel wrote:
> |>> |>> Miyamoto > Kojima.
>> |>>
>> |>>
> |>>
> |>> Norman Reedus > Kojima
>>
>> keep it up mother $%^&#$ and there is going to be a florida man sighting in Georgia
>
> Florida Man better stay in FL if Florida Man knows what is good for Florida Man!
> But you can come hang out, you cool

https://imgur.com/6oE77yi
whitefire
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#53)
I really hope my comment didn't contribute to his leaving. I was just giving him a hard time. If he's still reading this, sorry, man.

Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#54)
Hopefully he will be back. We were all just having a bit of fun!
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
1-Nov(#55)
Dude will come back, he's just pissed off. This website just has a way of doing that every now and then.

Guys, are we cursed?
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#56)
speaking of florida man, you guys see this? lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/FloridaMan/comments/dq7hy...
Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 1-Nov(#57)
I actually am cursed, I had a great grandmother who was a practicing witch and cursed our entire family line because my great grandfather was a man whore. And I didntdonuffin
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#58)
dustin11 wrote:
> Same

lol dude above you got +3
Shawn
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (4 minutes ago)
1-Nov(#59)
Dasgessabel wrote:
> I actually am cursed, I had a great grandmother who was a practicing witch and cursed
> our entire family line because my great grandfather was a man whore. And I didntdonuffin

Don't worry, people can't actually curse each other so you're good dood.x
Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#60)
proudtobelatino wrote:
> speaking of florida man, you guys see this? lol
>

Florida is a wild place. How do you even get one of those? Asking for a friend
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#61)
you know this thread got me thinking once a year we should host a Award show. The GTZ Awards and maybe tad can be the host?
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
1-Nov(#62)
proudtobelatino wrote:
> you know this thread got me thinking once a year we should host a Award show. The
> GTZ Awards and maybe tad can be the host?

I think that already happens doesn't it?
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#63)
I immediately think of the Dundy awards.
Finn
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
1-Nov(#64)
The Dundy awards LOL love it!

theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
1-Nov(#65)
Yah that happened in 2016 at least: https://m.gametz.com/Archive%253AGeneral/gtz-2016-...

I was nominated for Worst User, with some pretty intimidating competition.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#66)
Don't keep us in suspense. Did you win?
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
1-Nov(#67)
I'm not sure the results were ever posted, fudgein sham. But I appropriate the win and will wear it with pride, damn it.
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#68)
wow i was not even invited
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
1-Nov(#69)
screw you guys i'm going home
shadyfozzie
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
1-Nov(#70)
This game looks sad, considering everyone in the damn trailer was crying at some point..
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 2-Nov(#71)
shadyfozzie wrote:
> This game looks sad, considering everyone in the damn trailer was crying at some
> point..

Yah I know it's true to life what's your point?

Oh not everyone cries constantly...
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Nov(#72)
Except Justin.....
DrizzDrizzDrizz
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Croatia This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
2-Nov(#73)
#justiceforjustin
whitefire
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 2-Nov(#74)
Definitely some stuff I'm interested in and sounds like a fun game. What bothers me the most are two things in the second video. (1) 10% of the game is combat-related in any way, and (2) most of that you are "helpless which makes for some compelling horror." I will still wait to hear more, but a 50-hour game where only 5 of it is combat-related and most of that is about avoidance? That's not typically my type of game.

Then again, you never know. The reviewer mentions multiple times that this is something that's never been done before, so describing it or comparing it is difficult. It's almost like reviewing Psycho or Star Wars when those films were first released. With nothing else even close to it before, there's nothing to really compare it to. I'm interested in hearing more.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4SDiZwMKJVI&feature=...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YuLRlRLBwQ8

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Nov(#75)
Kojima said the first like 20 hours most people will find boring, so you need to stick with it until past that point if you want to do something other than deliver packages and walk around.
whitefire
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Nov(#76)
dustin11 wrote:
> Kojima said the first like 20 hours most people will find boring, so you need to
> stick with it until past that point if you want to do something other than deliver
> packages and walk around.

I'm actually super intrigued by the game, but I've got a backlog, and this sounds like a time investment I just don't want to make right now.

That said, I'm still going to wait until I see more.
longhornsk57
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
2-Nov(#77)
Loved metal gear solid 2, hated 5 for like 6 hours then quit. Other than that I have no idea about this dude.

This game definitely seems boring and reeks of being weird and esoteric for the sake of it, but I mean I'm always willing to give something a chance if I see a lot of positive reviews or things I look for in a game.

If it takes 20 hours of boring just to start getting interesting, I mean why would the creator actually set that up and know it and be ok with it.

Who wants to be bored for 20 hours? Isn't that contrary to why we even play these? It sounds a little too conceited to me, and I wanted to like it because I'm always looking for a good story and gameplay.
whitefire
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Nov(#78)
I 100% agree and say the same thing about books and TV shows.

Them: "Don't worry. The first 200 pages/6 episodes (AKA 4.5 fudging hours of my time) are really slow, but then it gets good."

Seriously? I know it sometimes does seem worth the payoff, but damn. If you're truly a master entertainer, this shouldn't happen. You can both make compelling and enduring stories.

That said, I like how Skill Up put it in the video I posted. He said that it doesn't mean you don't "get it," but this game is just not for some people, and that's ok. He said the game is a work of art more than anything, and there isn't enough "art " in video games.

Again, I'm not completely making my mind up, but that makes sense to me.

longhornsk57
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
* 2-Nov(#79)
Ya I hate that work of art bullcrap.

I mean that Journey game we played for the game of the month thing was really bad ass, and could be a "work of art" but it was compelling, had good gameplay and was fun and you wanted to see how the story ends.

If you want to be aesthetic that's fine but don't take 20 hours before it's fun forget that noise
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
2-Nov(#80)
personally, my gameplay time is incredibly limited, so if a game takes even 5 hours to get good then that is like about a week of gameplay time for me. I've started not buying games that are too long because I will never even get around to finishing them.

Topic   Death Stranding