VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   What are some of your favorite bad games?

ENIX
500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 13 Reviews
14-Feb(#1)
Post your favorite knowingly bad games that for whatever reason you still enjoy.

Personally, I have a soft spot for Sword of Sodan on Genesis. I'm aware of how awful it is, but I loved it as a kid because it was super violent. Same goes for TechnoCop on Genesis.

http://www.somethingawful.com/rom-pit/sword-sodan/

image


I also have nostalgia-only reasons to defend AirWolf on NES even though I wouldn't be caught dead playing that pile of crap today. I mostly give it a pass because it was my first NES game I bought with my own allowance money that I saved up because I loved the show. The game was crap back then too but I convinced myself it was playable because I was stupid and 5.




I'm sure someone has made this topic before, but I'm too lazy to look.
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
* 14-Feb(#2)
Dragon's Lair on NES gets its fair share of both legitimate and "I saw the AVGN episode so it's bad" hate, but it's an alright game. It's just a bunch of memorization and repetitive execution just like the original Dragon's Lair was.

Oregon Trail II. Before you hate, go play Oregon Trail II a few times again. The gameplay is mostly stocking up on food and pressing the continue button. I love Oregon Trail II, but it is objectively pretty bad as a game when you take out the nostalgia.


> Personally, I have a soft spot for Sword of Sodan on Genesis. I'm aware of how
> awful it is, but I loved it as a kid because it was super violent.

Sodan's box is fudging rad. My favorite part is the split screen decapitation. It looks like a fantasy adventure on the front and blood-soaked torture castle on the back, like it was designed for kids to trick moms into letting them buy it.

image

whitefire
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
14-Feb(#3)
Taz-Mania, The Evil Dead: A Fistfull of Boomstick, and Van Helsing (the gen 6 one) are all lame license cash grabs that hold a special place in my hard, for some reason.

benstylus
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
* 15-Feb(#4)
I'll get the big one out of the way first: Shenmue.

As far as a game goes, it barely qualifies as one. It's pretty; it's atmospheric; it's got a decent, if somewhat predictable story; but the game is essentially walking around, talking to people until you talk to the right one who gives you the info on where to go or who you need to talk to next. There are a few things to break up the inaction, such as quick time events, arcade games, a few fighting segments, forklift races, capsule toys, cassette tapes, and random lotteries for buying chocolate. It's interesting that with so much to do, there's surprisingly little to actually DO. Most of the meticulously detailed world is just there as decoration.

I have a lot of nostalgia for the game, to the point where I hex-edited my clear file for the US version of Shenmue so I could use it to start in the UK version of Shenmue 2 that I imported.

To me, Shenmue will always have a place in my heart, but I'm not sure if I'll ever know if it's because of Shenmue or because you can play Space Harrier in it.

Yeah! A winning can!
KCPenguins
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
15-Feb(#5)
whitefire wrote:
> Taz-Mania...
>


I remember renting a Super Nintendo with that game and SFII. It was glorious.

Die Hard Vendetta on GC

The following games bombed on reviews, but I'm having a lot of fun with them:
RBI Baseball 2017 NS
WWE 2k18 NS
Luminous
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
15-Feb(#6)
Obi-Wan on the OG Xbox. So much bad, but I really liked the idea of using the right stick to control the lightsaber.

The voice acting was pretty bad on top of other issues. I did finish the game though and I still own my original copy I bought new at or near release.

I know there are more. Have to think about it....
citizen_zane
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
15-Feb(#7)
I love a game that most consider terrible, but I strongly disagree. Urban Champion will always have a special place in my heart. I'm hoping that my dream of an online 2-player version will come true.
PizzaTheHutt
Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
* 15-Feb(#8)
I haven't played it in around 20 years, so I dunno if I'd still like it, but I used to rent Stunt Race FX on Super Nintendo a lot back in the day, even though I knew back then it was a pretty crappy game.

edit: I just thought of another one that might count. DOOM on the Super Nintendo. DOOM is perhaps my favorite game of all time, but a lot of people crap on the Super Nintendo port of it. However, it's because of the Super Nintendo port that I was even able to play the game for the first time. I remember reading about DOOM in old issues of GamePro and they made it sound so good but I was kinda bummed because I didn't own a PC to play it on. Then a while later I happen to find it at BlockBuster on Super Nintendo and of course I had to rent it. I've been a fan ever since.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
15-Feb(#9)
Blue Stinger. Such a bad game in almost every respect, but it was so fun.
sharif
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
15-Feb(#10)
citizen_zane wrote:
> I love a game that most consider terrible, but I strongly disagree. Urban Champion
> will always have a special place in my heart. I'm hoping that my dream of an online
> 2-player version will come true.

I wouldn't consider Urban Champion bad. It's just so basic.

Noid
Gold Good Trader
* 15-Feb(#11)
I know it's not a good video game; but, heaven help me, I still get a kick outta Ultraman (Super Nintendo). smile

image
Noid
Gold Good Trader
15-Feb(#12)
ENIX wrote:
> I also have nostalgia-only reasons to defend AirWolf on NES even though I wouldn't be caught dead playing that pile of crap today.
>
>

Did you know there's a Famicom version that shares the name and, past that, is completely different from the Nintendo Entertainment System version?! It's a port of the arcade title and is actually really fun! You should check it out!! smile
Noid
Gold Good Trader
15-Feb(#13)
DefaultGen wrote:
> Dragon's Lair on NES [...] [is] an alright game.
>
>

No. Nope. Nuh-uh. At least its arcade counterpart had jaw-droppingly good graphics that still hold up as the best I've seen to this very day. The Nintendo Entertainment System port is just garbage and I hate to say that 'cause I really wanted to like it. frown
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
15-Feb(#14)
Noid wrote:
> DefaultGen wrote:
>> Dragon's Lair on NES [...] [is] an alright game.
>>
>>
>
> No. Nope. Nuh-uh. At least its arcade counterpart had jaw-droppingly good graphics
> that still hold up as the best I've seen to this very day. The Nintendo Entertainment System port
> is just garbage and I hate to say that 'cause I really wanted to like it. frown

The NES version is better than the arcade! The arcade is entirely memorization of button presses. At least in the NES version you have control when you approach each screen, just control on like one second delay. I mean, it's not a good game, that's why it's on my list here. It's just not The Mutant Virus.

lpeters82
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
15-Feb(#15)
Not bad, but I think a lot of people have been burnt out on the Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero series. I still enjoy them.
benstylus
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
15-Feb(#16)
citizen_zane wrote:
> I love a game that most consider terrible, but I strongly disagree. Urban Champion
> will always have a special place in my heart. I'm hoping that my dream of an online
> 2-player version will come true.

It helps when you put Queen's "We are the Champions" on repeat while you play.
Gypsy
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
15-Feb(#17)
@DefaultGen Oregon Trail II is hilarious. I will still randomly fire up a game of it from time to time.

@benstylus I'm with you there on Shenmue. Shenmue and Yakuza both having sweet old arcade games in there was part of the fun for me. Loved the first two bitd, but I'm curious what the third game is going to be...

The biggest one for me is probably Time & Eternity. Trash story and dull gameplay but I couldn't put it down. The gameplay is like...very rhythmic, I think that was a lot of it. So it was easy to just keep playing it.
BloodPuppetX
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
15-Feb(#18)
Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball. I played that game a lot way back in the day. I doubt I could play it for 5 minutes now.

citizen_zane
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
15-Feb(#19)
BloodPuppetX wrote:
> Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball. I played that game a lot way back in the day.
> I doubt I could play it for 5 minutes now.
>
>

That's how I feel about Legend of Kage. I played that quite a bit, but I'm betting it hasn't held up. I guess I'll have to fire that bad boy up again. It's been over 25 years since I've played it.
Noid
Gold Good Trader
* 15-Feb(#20)
citizen_zane wrote:
> BloodPuppetX wrote:
>> Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball. I played that game a lot way back in the day.
>> I doubt I could play it for 5 minutes now.
>>
>>
>
> That's how I feel about Legend of Kage. I played that quite a bit, but I'm betting
> it hasn't held up. I guess I'll have to fire that bad boy up again. It's been over
> 25 years since I've played it.

Did you know that its sequal's on the Nintendo DS and is actually pretty fun? grin

image
Tad
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
16-Feb(#21)
Sewer Shark and Cliffhanger for Sega CD
ENIX
500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 13 Reviews
16-Feb(#22)
Nerd fact: it's not Kage (cage), it's Ka-Gay and nobody I've ever met pronounced it right, even me.
ENIX
500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 13 Reviews
16-Feb(#23)
Tad wrote:
> Sewer Shark and Cliffhanger for Sega CD
>

Cliffhanger is my second favorite game that I've never got past the 3rd area...only behind Battletoads.
citizen_zane
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
16-Feb(#24)
Noid wrote:
> citizen_zane wrote:
>> BloodPuppetX wrote:
> |>> Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball. I played that game a lot way back in the day.
> |>> I doubt I could play it for 5 minutes now.
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> That's how I feel about Legend of Kage. I played that quite a bit, but I'm betting
>> it hasn't held up. I guess I'll have to fire that bad boy up again. It's been
> over
>> 25 years since I've played it.
>
> Did you know that its sequal's on the Nintendo DS and is actually pretty fun? grin
>

Wow, that one slipped under my radar. Looks like it's pretty cheap too. Definitely gonna give that one a go. Thanks for letting me know. yes
Gypsy
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Feb(#25)
Tad wrote:
> Sewer Shark and Cliffhanger for Sega CD
>

This is about what I expected. love
Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
16-Feb(#26)
Deadly Towers on NES.

E.T. on 2600.
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
16-Feb(#27)
I've never heard of Legend of Kage 2 and it looks like a fun game. Is this a real h̡҉i͡d̢d̀͡e̢̡̧n͠ ̶͟͝g̵͠é̛́m̧̕? There's probably tons of buried DS games I've never heard of because of all the damn games on that thing.

Karaiya
Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
* 16-Feb(#28)
Athena
Battle Arena Toshinden
Karaiya
Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
16-Feb(#29)
ENIX wrote:
> Nerd fact: it's not Kage (cage), it's Ka-Gay and nobody I've ever met pronounced
> it right, even me.

Fact FACT!!!!!!!

Also its pronounced Ninja Gay-den you uncultured Americans!
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Feb(#30)
Karaiya wrote:
> ENIX wrote:
>> Nerd fact: it's not Kage (cage), it's Ka-Gay and nobody I've ever met pronounced
>> it right, even me.
>
> Fact FACT!!!!!!!
>
> Also its pronounced Ninja Gay-den you uncultured Americans!

I pronounced Ninja Gaiden like that and the guy at Gamestop got really pissed.
Karaiya
Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
16-Feb(#31)
dustin11 wrote:
> Karaiya wrote:
>> ENIX wrote:
> |>> Nerd fact: it's not Kage (cage), it's Ka-Gay and nobody I've ever met pronounced
> |>> it right, even me.
>>
>> Fact FACT!!!!!!!
>>
>> Also its pronounced Ninja Gay-den you uncultured Americans!
>
> I pronounced Ninja Gaiden like that and the guy at Gamestop got really pissed.

He's a dick.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 16-Feb(#32)
Me: I would like to preorder Ninja Gay-den.

Him: We don't' have that game, but we do have one called Ninja Guide-en. That's the one you want, right, Guide-en? Since that's the only one that exists?

Me: No thanks.


That's when EB was around so you had a good alternative to those types of game store so I preordered it there instead.

dunno001
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Feb(#33)
Karaiya wrote:
> ENIX wrote:
>> Nerd fact: it's not Kage (cage), it's Ka-Gay and nobody I've ever met pronounced
>> it right, even me.
>
> Fact FACT!!!!!!!
>
> Also its pronounced Ninja Gay-den you uncultured Americans!

According to whom? 'Gaiden' does give you the proper kanji for the title, so there's no romanization error. And, the pronunciation with Japanese words is very easy- in this case, ga-i-de-n. Using English words, guy-den is correct. 'Gay-den' would require a 'ge' instead of the correct 'ga'. See above with the correct instance of Kage.

lpeters82
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
16-Feb(#34)
How about True Lies? A decent game I think many would overlook.
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
16-Feb(#35)
dustin11 wrote:
> Karaiya wrote:
>> ENIX wrote:
> |>> Nerd fact: it's not Kage (cage), it's Ka-Gay and nobody I've ever met pronounced
> |>> it right, even me.
>>
>> Fact FACT!!!!!!!
>>
>> Also its pronounced Ninja Gay-den you uncultured Americans!
>
> I pronounced Ninja Gaiden like that and the guy at Gamestop got really pissed.

I pronounce Darius duh-RYE-us. One of you weebs (ダライアス) or old testament Bible people can back me up. When I was chatting with the game shop owner about Darius Gaiden, one of the other patrons had an aneurysm about how I was pronouncing it.

Karaiya
Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
16-Feb(#36)
dunno001 wrote:
> Karaiya wrote:
>> ENIX wrote:
> |>> Nerd fact: it's not Kage (cage), it's Ka-Gay and nobody I've ever met pronounced
> |>> it right, even me.
>>
>> Fact FACT!!!!!!!
>>
>> Also its pronounced Ninja Gay-den you uncultured Americans!
>
> According to whom? 'Gaiden' does give you the proper kanji for the title, so there's
> no romanization error. And, the pronunciation with Japanese words is very easy- in
> this case, ga-i-de-n. Using English words, guy-den is correct. 'Gay-den' would require
> a 'ge' instead of the correct 'ga'. See above with the correct instance of Kage.
>
>

Take it easy. I wasn't serious.
Tad
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
16-Feb(#37)
Gypsy wrote:
> Tad wrote:
>> Sewer Shark and Cliffhanger for Sega CD
>>
>
> This is about what I expected. love
Yeah I love weird junk. There's tons more but it was late and that's all I could think of.
Is Offworld Interceptor considered bad? I love that game.

Tad
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
16-Feb(#38)
Karaiya wrote:
> Athena
> Battle Arena Toshinden
>
Toshinden is considered bad? I love that series.

Gypsy
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Feb(#39)
Tad wrote:
> Karaiya wrote:
>> Athena
>> Battle Arena Toshinden
>>
> Toshinden is considered bad? I love that series.
>
>

Heh yeah.
Karaiya
Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
16-Feb(#40)
Oof, some misplaced nostalgia about Toshinden being good. It's pretty poopy.
Tad
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
16-Feb(#41)
I dunno I'd probably still like it. I'll try it once I get ahold of it.

Noid
Gold Good Trader
* 16-Feb(#42)
DefaultGen wrote:
> I've never heard of Legend of Kage 2 and it looks like a fun game. Is this a real
> h̡҉i͡d̢d̀͡e̢̡̧n͠ ̶͟͝g̵͠é̛́m̧̕?
> There's probably tons of buried DS games I've never heard of because of all the damn
> games on that thing.
>
>

There actually are a fair amount of "hidden gems" on both the Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii. They're just buried beneath a mound of shovelware. But, this is the time to dig 'em out 'cause they're dirt fudging cheap right now at GameStop. smile yes
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (1 minute ago)
16-Feb(#43)
Noid wrote:
> DefaultGen wrote:
>> I've never heard of Legend of Kage 2 and it looks like a fun game. Is this a real
>> h̡҉i͡d̢d̀͡e̢̡̧n͠ ̶͟͝g̵͠é̛́m̧̕?
>> There's probably tons of buried DS games I've never heard of because of all the
> damn
>> games on that thing.
>>
>>
>
> There actually are a fair amount of "hidden gems" on both the Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii.
> They're just buried beneath a mound of shovelware. But, this is the time to dig 'em
> out 'cause they're dirt fudging cheap right now at GameStop. smile yes

They are cart fudging only at Gamestop frown

Noid
Gold Good Trader
* 16-Feb(#44)
DefaultGen wrote:
> Noid wrote:
>> DefaultGen wrote:
> |>> I've never heard of Legend of Kage 2 and it looks like a fun game. Is this a
> real
> |>> h̡҉i͡d̢d̀͡e̢̡̧n͠ ̶͟͝g̵͠é̛́m̧̕?
> |>> There's probably tons of buried DS games I've never heard of because of all the
>> damn
> |>> games on that thing.
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> There actually are a fair amount of "hidden gems" on both the Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii.
>> They're just buried beneath a mound of shovelware. But, this is the time to dig
> 'em
>> out 'cause they're dirt fudging cheap right now at GameStop. smile yes
>
> They are cart fudging only at Gamestop frown
>
>

You say that like it's a bad thing! Would I love to also get the cases, inserts, instruction booklets, and promotional paperwork for all these Nintendo DS video games? Sure. But, at five bucks, do I really care? Meh. poker face
dunno001
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Feb(#45)
Some GS stores are starting to keep cases for DS games again. Mine has a few crap games, but they also have a CIB Mario Party DS. (Though at their price, it's still not really a deal...)

NFERNO
Gold Good Trader
17-Feb(#46)
Overblood and Deathtrap Dungeon on the Playstation.
Gypsy
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
17-Feb(#47)
Tad wrote:
> I dunno I'd probably still like it. I'll try it once I get ahold of it.
>
>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXq_rmLCN3E
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
17-Feb(#48)
Dynamite Cop (DC) and Spawn (DC were both pretty bad but incredibly fun games.
Gypsy
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
17-Feb(#49)
Dynamite Cop is the best kind of bad. A blast to play. I went through it again just last year.
benstylus
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
17-Feb(#50)
Noid wrote:
>
> There actually are a fair amount of "hidden gems" on both the Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii.
> They're just buried beneath a mound of shovelware.

To be fair, the same can be said about the PS2/3 and the Xbox/360. Any successful system is going to get a lot of "me too" developers looking to cash in on a trend for a quick buck.

For every Forza, there's a pile of Ride to Hell: Retributions.
For every Halo, there's a sack full of Drake of the 99 Dragons.
For every Street Fighter, there's a gutter full of Fighter Withins.
For every Boom Blox, there's a stack of Jenga World Tours.
For every Alien: Isolation, there is a toilet crammed with Aliens: Colonial Marines.

The Wii and DS are no different than any other system. Developers who take pride in their work release amazing games. Companies who see those amazing games and try to just copycat a few of the mechanics end up releasinf bad games, but hope someone will buy it because it looks similar on the box to a game they like. Companies who buy a licensed IP and farm it out to make a game as quickly and cheaply as possible make games that feel like they were made as quickly and cheaply as possible. Similarly, publishers that want to do a quick port to another system end up with a game that feels like a rushed, bad port.
Gypsy
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
17-Feb(#51)
I actually had to google Drake of the 99 Dragons o_o
razeak
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 9 Reviews
* 21-Feb(#52)
Speaking Aliens Colonial Marines, I put more hours in to that than any game in the past 20 years lol. My son loved the movies and he was 5 so I had to play through the campaign dozens of times. I played a crap ton of the multiplayer which was actually pretty good. I also ended up getting a second copy and buying 2 of the Bug Hunt DLC so we could play that together. It's like COD Zombies. I forged a lot of cool memories from that train wreck. It's also where the avatar pic under my name came from..


Luminous
GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
21-Feb(#53)
razeak wrote:
> Speaking Aliens Colonial Marines, I put more hours in to that than any game in the
> past 20 years lol. My son loved the movies and he was 5 so I had to play through
> the campaign dozens of times. I played a crap ton of the multiplayer which was actually
> pretty good. I also ended up getting a second copy and buying 2 of the Bug Hunt DLC
> so we could play that together. It's like COD Zombies. I forged a lot of cool memories
> from that train wreck. It's also where the avatar pic under my name came from..
>
>
>

I honestly never thought I would read something so positive about that game. I bought the CE for $20 or so new just for the statue. I played through the campaign with a friend and that was it. I didn't hate it, but it's just a bad game. Good memories are all that matters though. yes
razeak
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 9 Reviews
21-Feb(#54)
Nostalgia for the 80s and memories definitely played a part. The Stasis Interrupted DLC was much better than the regular campaign, but suffered from the crappy AI and lame mercenaries. It was a lot more suspenseful though. I canceled the preorder when I saw how bad the reviews were. I got a copy off eBay for 20 bucks a few days later. The auction even said it sucked haha. I messed around a bit, but once the 4gb patch came out it was a lot more playable. Still not a good game even though there was fun to be had. The Raven mission was pretty good and the first mission was decent. The second copy I got play with my son was 6 bucks at GameStop new. I do stand by the post patch multiplayer and bug hunt as being pretty good. I got so good at playing the lurker alien that it probably looked like hacking. The online didn't die out until late 2016.

ENIX
500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 13 Reviews
21-Feb(#55)
I just never could get over the graphical and gameplay difference from the "demo" to the real product. I still feel betrayed. Honestly, if they hadn't have done that crap, I might have bought or played the game more than the Redbox 30 minutes I spent with it.
KCPenguins
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
22-Feb(#56)
Gypsy wrote:
> I actually had to google Drake of the 99 Dragons o_o


It must be great cause Halo has always sucked.
benstylus
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
22-Feb(#57)
KCPenguins wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>> I actually had to google Drake of the 99 Dragons o_o
>
>
> It must be great cause Halo has always sucked.

If you think Halo is the bottom of the barrel, imagine how bad Drake must be in comparison to that.

If Halo is like getting a rare blood disease, Drake is like getting that same blood disease plus angry bees swarming through your blood stream as well, while the NFL's greatest kickers practice their craft on your beanbag. Also, you're back in high school, naked, and taking an impossible final that you didn't study for, while Nickelback is playing over the school speakers.
KCPenguins
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
* 23-Feb(#58)
lol. positive 'd for Stephen King-like technically bad yet overly descriptive and not quite satisfying text. You, today are my Gymkata. love
citizen_zane
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
26-Feb(#59)
I don't know why I didn't think of this one earlier, but Wii Music. While it was universally panned, I freakin' loved it! I've easily spend well over 100 hours on it. While I can understand it not appealing to everyone, I feel as if the reviewers didn't really get what you could do with it. It actually didn't feel like a game, but more like a limited music...I don't know, toy, I guess (for lack of a better term). You played with it and could get rather creative with it if you took the time. The online aspect of it was great as well. I befriended a few people on GameFaqs who also shared my love for the game. We would then work together to create a music video. I would record my part, then send it to the next guy, who would then send it to the other guy, who would then send it back to me. It was pretty cool.

Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
26-Feb(#60)
benstylus wrote:
> KCPenguins wrote:
>> Gypsy wrote:
> |>> I actually had to google Drake of the 99 Dragons o_o
>>
>>
>> It must be great cause Halo has always sucked.
>
> If you think Halo is the bottom of the barrel, imagine how bad Drake must be in comparison
> to that.
>
> If Halo is like getting a rare blood disease, Drake is like getting that same blood
> disease plus angry bees swarming through your blood stream as well, while the NFL's
> greatest kickers practice their craft on your beanbag. Also, you're back in high
> school, naked, and taking an impossible final that you didn't study for, while Nickelback
> is playing over the school speakers.

positive'd for great use of the word "beanbag"
benstylus
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
26-Feb(#61)
Sonic Shuffle is one a lot of folks dislike, but I found it to be a better board-game style game than Mario Party.

Using the cards in your hand or taking one at random from someone else was a really great way to handle movement instead of dice. It just added a perfect layer of decision making.

The AI cheating and just going for and grabbing a six every so often was frustrating, for sure, and the fact that you only earned rings in single player (this is supposed to be a PARTY game, Sega!), but I think the overall package is better than any Mario Party with the possible exception of 9. Wii Party and Wii Party U still top it though.
razeak
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 9 Reviews
28-Feb(#62)
ENIX wrote:
> I just never could get over the graphical and gameplay difference from the "demo"
> to the real product. I still feel betrayed. Honestly, if they hadn't have done
> that crap, I might have bought or played the game more than the Redbox 30 minutes
> I spent with it.

I completely agree on that BS bait and switch. I was a member of the gearbox forum for ACM and I literally had followed development since the PS2 days. I spent like 12 years staying updated on it lol.

Scott
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
6-Mar(#63)
Dynowarz for NES holds a special place in my heart. I beat it a few times growing up and liked it then, but I can see now that it's a pretty bad game.

Two others would be Final Fantasy Legend and Final Fantasy Legend II. I'm grouping these together since they're fairly similar. The medieval/fantasy world really drew me in as a kid. These were a couple of the earliest games I played completely on my own, and I'll always remember them fondly. But, they have the strangest mechanics of any RPG I've ever played. I actually replayed them several years back, but this time, used GameFAQs to understand how everything works. Even using detailed guides, it was still very confusing. It did make the games a TON easier though, once I figured most of the stuff out.

Those are the only games I can think of that I'll admit are bad games, but still say I like them. Then, there are a few games I can think of that I like, and don't think they're really "bad games", but most people seem to think they are:

Milon's Secret Castle
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)

Gypsy
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
7-Mar(#64)
The biggest problem with Milon's Secret Castle is how cryptic it is. You need the power to beat it, Nintendo Power.
Scott
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
7-Mar(#65)
Gypsy wrote:
> The biggest problem with Milon's Secret Castle is how cryptic it is. You need the
> power to beat it, Nintendo Power.

Yeah, I don't know how I was able to figure everything out as a kid. I guess it helped that my brother and dad played too, so we would collectively figure out everything together.

PizzaTheHutt
Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
7-Mar(#66)
Scott wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>> The biggest problem with Milon's Secret Castle is how cryptic it is. You need
> the
>> power to beat it, Nintendo Power.
>
> Yeah, I don't know how I was able to figure everything out as a kid. I guess it helped
> that my brother and dad played too, so we would collectively figure out everything
> together.

I don't think I ever came close to beating the game but as a child I used to play it with my mom and uncle a lot, so I'll always remember it for that.
AlphakirA
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (8) Has Written 1 Review
10-Mar(#67)
Well according to everyone on reddit/the internet Destiny 2 is trash and I absolutely love it, so that.
KCPenguins
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
11-Mar(#68)
AlphakirA wrote:
> Well according to everyone on reddit/the internet Destiny 2 is trash and I absolutely
> love it, so that.


The internet is a cesspool of hate. There is a large contingent out there that say BotW was a bad game... the most acclaimed/ awarded GotY from last year.
BucketofJustice
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 6 Reviews
11-Mar(#69)
Hook (SNES). I read a few reviews recently that trash this game but I love it. It's one of my favorite SNES games of all time. Also Street Combat (SNES). It's putrid but I remember really liking it as a kid. I haven't played it in forever though so there's that.
razeak
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 9 Reviews
11-Mar(#70)
I always liked Hook a lot.

Scott
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review
12-Mar(#71)
I rented Hook once and beat it, enjoyed it a lot yes

Admiral
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review
12-Mar(#72)
Hook was fun, especially on the Sega CD where it had the official musical score yes

I enjoyed alot of 3DO, Sega CD, and 32X titles - most of which were probably considered pretty bad raspberry
Tad
GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (6 minutes ago)
12-Mar(#73)

Same here. I'm a sucker for fmv games and other nonsense.

Topic   What are some of your favorite bad games?