Welcome to The GameTZ Game Club! This is my attempt at forming an easy to get into book club type thing, but with games! Anybody and everybody is welcome to join in on the fun!
The plan is to get this ball rolling April 1st. There is also going to be a surprise element at the beginning of every month. More information on that will posted on the 1st.
Rules are simple
- Each month a random game will be chosen, by myself, for the club to play. Games can vary from the beginning of gaming onward to current generation platforms. There's no limitations!
- You have from the 1st of every month to the end to complete the designated game. 100% completion isn't required. The point of the club is to provoke game discussion, as well as give GameTZ veterans and new users a place to mingle!]
- For every game completed, post a picture as proof of your completion with the date of completion in the photo.
- You will be awarded with a badge each month you complete the game. All badges will be proudly displayed next to your name in the original post. As long as you "roll credits" the game is considered beaten!
- Every user to complete the game each month will be thrown into a drawing to win prizes! Users will be assigned a number and 3 numbers will be randomly generated in the beginning of the following month.
- Each month's prizes will vary. Prizes will be given out by either me or TradingFin. Sometimes physical, sometimes digital. If you would like to contribute, drop me a message.
- If you don't own the game, and you have access to it on another platform, you're welcome to play it that way. Just make sure that it's the same version, to qualify for the prize or badge.
- If you do not want to participate in the games, but would like to join in on the conversations, please do!
- If you would like to join, just post here, and I'll add you to the list of users. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or criticism, please don't hesitate to post them!
April Preview: - - Released in the US in 1988 - Muddled Past - Has Sequels -Company is no longer
1st. $20 Gift Card (eShop, PSN, or XBL) - Courtesy of Tradingfin1983 2nd. $10 Gift Card (eShop, PSN, or XBL) - Courtesy of Tradingfin1983 3rd. Two Months of GTZ Subtime - Courtesy of Frank
@Johnny There's no judgement on how you play a game. If you prefer to use original hardware, 3rd party consoles, emulation, etc. The point is to just get people playing games and having discussions with each other!
I'm thinking I made the badges too big. Do you guys think I should cut them down to 25x25?
@longhornsk57 this first game is short, so the plan is to announce it on April 1st. Maybe I can announce it a bit sooner or at least tease what the game will be.
@jd I'd say join anyway! Even if you aren't able to play all the games, you're welcome to hang out and partake in the discussion. Plus, I'm definitely planning some PS4 and multiplatform titles, so you'll still be able to play some of the games!
I'll add everyone to the OP after work! Doing it from my phone is a nightmare
It's nice to see that so many are interested to participate in Franks club. This will turn out great!
Some of you may know me, I have done some trades with some of you. For others I can mention that i am from Finland, and a part of my company's business is trading both with physical and digital products related to the gaming and movie industry.
Me, ofcourse, is also a gamer and collector and I will be involved in the club. Both playing the games and participate in the discussion around it. But I will also for example, as already mentioned, be handling out prices togheter with Frank.
Me and my company's role in this will clear up more during the journey advances. But for now...Enough said.
hot damn we are already at 20 members! Thank you guys so much! Please let me know if I've missed anyone.
As far as voting for a game, I'm very on the fence about it. On one hand, implementing a voting process would be another activity for the group to do. On the other hand, I think part of the charm and challenge of the group is the element of surprise. Not knowing the game makes it more mysterious.
I'm still debating on when I should reveal the game. I'm definitely planning to at the very least offer some clues each month, hinting at what the next game would be. I'll at the very least, reveal the console the game is for half-way through the month.
Expect the console/consoles the game is on to be revealed this Friday!
Also @Boss some great suggestions. At least one of those is going to end up being picked!
If anyone has game suggestions and recommendions please feel free to post. While right now I'm not implementing voting, feedback and suggestions are always welcome. I'm going to try my best to diversify the games so were not just playing my favorite genres, as that wouldn't be fair.
If a surprise game is picked are you more interested in:
-a hidden gem you may of missed -a game you are familiar with and already beaten -a game that is popular with most
I can see if popular games are picked it may draw more people in. But I can also see for myself personally that getting a chance to experience some hidden gems for games I may of missed would be awesome.
E.T. (Atari 2600) Mickey's Safari in Letterland (NES) Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Genesis) Shaq Fu (Genesis) Wirehead (Sega CD) Night Trap (Sega CD or PS4) Steam Hearts (PC Engine) Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon (CDI) Club Drive (Jaguar) Checkered Flag (Jaguar) Kasumi Ninja (Jaguar) Highlander (Jaguar CD) Superman 64 (N64) Tomb Raider: the Angel of Darkness (PS2) Ninjabread Man (Wii) Deadly Premonition (PS3) Ride to Hell: Retribution (Xbox 360)