VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   Last Game You Beat?

DCGX
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (11) Has Written 56 Reviews
15-Sep-2005(#1)
This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/last-game-b...





dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
8-Apr(#2)
Kommie wrote:
> I could never, ever get far in Okami withough getting bored for some reason.

I got all 1000 achievements in the game which required me to do all side quests and collect EVERYTHING. The second that last achievement popped I deleted the game off my HDD.
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
* 8-Apr(#3)
I remember playing a demo of Okami on PlayStation 2 back in 2006 or whatever year it released. There was so much text to go through, I ended up not even finishing the demo and it killed any interest I had in playing the full game. I still have thought about getting it on sale or something, but I don't wanna spend half the game just reading crap.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
8-Apr(#4)
PizzaTheHutt wrote:
> I remember playing a demo of Okami on PlayStation 2 back in 2006 or whatever year
> it released. There was so much text to go through, I ended up not even finishing
> the demo and it killed any interest I had in playing the full game. I still have
> thought about getting it on sale or something, but I don't wanna spend half the game
> just reading crap.

Legit half the game, if not more, is reading text. No voice overs either, just that Banjo Kazooie jabbering thing for character voices.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
8-Apr(#5)
I really dislike that in games, but at least there was an excuse on cartridges. Absolutely no excuse on a PS2 game.
KCPenguins
Gold Good Trader
8-Apr(#6)
Axiom Verge - Really enjoyed this. Took a bit to get into, but developed nicely. A fun Metroid like game with some unique twists. Great music. After largely ignoring indie games for years, it seems like a buffet of great games on Switch.
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (51 seconds ago)
8-Apr(#7)
KCPenguins wrote:
> Axiom Verge - Really enjoyed this. Took a bit to get into, but developed nicely.
> A fun Metroid like game with some unique twists. Great music. After largely ignoring
> indie games for years, it seems like a buffet of great games on Switch.

MUSIC WAS AWFUL. Only complaint I had.
KCPenguins
Gold Good Trader
8-Apr(#8)
Kommie wrote:
> KCPenguins wrote:
>> Axiom Verge - Really enjoyed this. Took a bit to get into, but developed nicely.
>> A fun Metroid like game with some unique twists. Great music. After largely
> ignoring
>> indie games for years, it seems like a buffet of great games on Switch.
>
> MUSIC WAS AWFUL. Only complaint I had.


I liked it for what it was, intentional "glitchy" NES soundtrack. To each their own though...
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (51 seconds ago)
8-Apr(#9)
KCPenguins wrote:
> Kommie wrote:
>> KCPenguins wrote:
> |>> Axiom Verge - Really enjoyed this. Took a bit to get into, but developed nicely.
> |>> A fun Metroid like game with some unique twists. Great music. After largely
>> ignoring
> |>> indie games for years, it seems like a buffet of great games on Switch.
>>
>> MUSIC WAS AWFUL. Only complaint I had.
>
>
> I liked it for what it was, intentional "glitchy" NES soundtrack. To each their
> own though...

I get why it sounded like that, I just HATED IT. Reminds me of this crapty band my fiance listens to called The Midnight. Crap 80's synth wave crap.
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
* 9-Apr(#10)
Wrapped up my yearly playthrough of Mirror's Edge. I decided not to look for any collectibles (but still managed to find two I hadn't gotten before) and skip all cutscenes and this was probably my quickest playthrough yet. It took around 4 hours but that includes a brief break to eat dinner.

If they could redo this game and add in PSVR support, that'd be great.
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
12-Apr(#11)
PizzaTheHutt wrote:
> Wrapped up my yearly playthrough of Mirror's Edge. I decided not to look for any
> collectibles (but still managed to find two I hadn't gotten before) and skip all
> cutscenes and this was probably my quickest playthrough yet. It took around 4 hours
> but that includes a brief break to eat dinner.
>
> If they could redo this game and add in PSVR support, that'd be great.

Mirror's Edge in VR is pretty much my dream VR game! I think I'll dust off my PS3 and do my yearly playthrough this weekend.

TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
12-Apr(#12)
Guacamelee 2- Nintendo Switch 8.5/10- even more fun than the first game. Highly recommended.
coruscate
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 16-Apr(#13)
Recent games:

Far Cry 5
Borderlands Pre-Sequel
, finished for the first time. Played it a lot on Xbox just never beat it, but I finally got around to finishing my playthrough on PS4.
Borderlands 2 on PS4. I've beaten this on Xbox, too. Finally got to 50 yesterday with my Mechro, now I am 4 trophies away from platinum, I just need the class specific ones. :)

Lots of borderlands lately since they released 1 on PS4 and they announced 3. Been working on my playthroughs for that to get ready and I have people I can play with.
DCGX
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (11) Has Written 56 Reviews
19-Apr(#14)
Kingdom Hearts II Final Remix Sony PlayStation 4 Pro

I finally forced myself to play this game after being lukewarm on the first title and really disliking the remake of 'Chain of Memories.' In fact, I nearly quit this game half a dozen times in the first seven or so hours because it is horrendous. Just, blah! Let's start with the good:

Level design is much better. Levels are less circular and more fitting of their environments. It's not complex by any means, but it works. Same with the graphics. Obviously this is an upgrade rather than a remake, but the design and use of color fits the Disney aesthetic really well. Jumping is still floaty and awful, but you hardly do any platforming. Combat too felt a little streamlined, if not a little automatic at times due to Reactions. Magic seemed really underpowered. The bosses were much better, and the game as a whole had a smaller, more intimate feel because of that. Of course the highlight is the voice work. Just spectacular, and like the first, the voice match actors do a good job when applicable. Even the Final Fantasy characters sounds less bored this time around.

That's about it for me, though, because at the end of the day, this still feels like a mediocre action-RPG that doesn't take full advantage of the Disney license and characters. Most of the worlds are retreads from the first game, and while we get a little bit more originality in them from a narrative perspective, what you do and what's going on in them is only loosely tied to the overarching narrative. The new worlds are cool, but again, you're primarily just going through their original movie stories (and it's really weird to see more normal looking people like Tron and Pirates against everything else). Speaking of the narrative: yeah... Moving on, the writing is okay but not edited together well in places. There's a disconnect within conversations, and that is a good way to describe the game as a whole.

Everything just feels like separate ingredients in a bowl that can't combine with each other. Each world feels cognitively apart from each other, conversations have too many pauses, the overarching story is nearly absent altogether in the middle of the game, the addition of Reactions is a nice way to expand on gameplay but I found myself not even bothering with summons at all (I still don't know what Stitch does), the Final Fantasy characters serve a larger purpose this time, but could be replaced with any characters and it wouldn't change the game and the gummy ship missions, while improved, feel completely out of place and like padding.

So I don't dislike KHII as much as the first game, but I still struggled to enjoy it (when the game was focusing purely on Disney characters, I did find myself having some fun). I think I'm done with this series, because they could've done a nice narrative and found a way to incorporate all these different worlds (comics have been doing it for years), but they just didn't or didn't know how. I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
19-Apr(#15)
I almost quit KH2 as well- the whole introductory sequence felt like a bad acid trip and was loaded with characters I did not care for. Finally got to the Gummi Ship and some Disney stuff so I stuck it out. The music is really good.
DCGX
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (11) Has Written 56 Reviews
19-Apr(#16)
I forgot to mention the music. It is really good, and the loops do not get repetitive. Even the pop tune at the end of the game was much better than the first KH.

Heavyd814life
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
19-Apr(#17)
Music is one area KH gets right. It's no different with KH3. Both Face my Fears and Don't Think Twice are really great songs that really tie the experience together. But I still found it all a little disappointing in the end. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it if you ever get around to it.

DCGX
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (11) Has Written 56 Reviews
19-Apr(#18)
Yeah, I probably never will. From what I've read/heard in reviews KHIII is basically the same just with the theme park rides during combat and larger areas (which to me means more wandering than anything else). Unless I really need a Disney fix, which is what prompted me to play the KH1 in the first place.

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
19-Apr(#19)
3 is terrible. One of the absolute worst big money games this gen.
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
19-Apr(#20)
I wish by now I could have been giving an update and saying I finally 100% completed Yoshi's Crafted World. I'm at 99% completion though and I think I'm going to end it there. I just have to beat the final final boss in under 2:50 and without taking damage, and I haven't even attempted it yet, nor do I want to. I played this too much over the last three weeks and I'm officially tired of it dead face

The more I played it trying to get 100% completion, the more I'm thinking this might benefit from a patch to work with the VR thing. You have to scan the backgrounds and foregrounds for the collectibles, so a 3D view could help with that. Maybe this would have been better off ported to 3DS than Woolly World was.




PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
19-Apr(#21)
Just finished up Victor Vran on Switch in co-op. When the game ended neither of us were expecting it. We killed a boss (that took way too long to accomplish, I think we were underleveled for it) and I take a bite of my dinner as the cutscene is playing and next thing I know I see "The End" on the screen. This version includes all the DLC so we're gonna try that next, it features the band Motorhead. I hope it's better than the main game was because there were several times I wanted to just quit out of a combination of frustration and boredom but I didn't want to leave my co-op partner hanging.
Longknife
Gold Global Trader (15) Has Written 2 Reviews
(frozen)
21-Apr(#22)
Just finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey. What a long ass journey that was
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
21-Apr(#23)
Ass Odyssey was long and obnoxious for sure. Way longer than it needed to be thanks to that tacked on grind.
justin_credible
Gold Good Trader
21-Apr(#24)
TalonJedi87 wrote:
> Ass Odyssey was long and obnoxious for sure. Way longer than it needed to be thanks
> to that tacked on grind.

It's disrespectful to call it by that name.

It's double Ass Oddssey. :)
sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
21-Apr(#25)
Longknife wrote:
> Just finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey. What a long ass journey that was

I feel like I'm pretty much done with it. What do you consider finished, doing all the missions? I have completed what I believe to be the main story with Deimos. I am nearly level 50. I am not sure how much more exploring and side missions I want to do.

Longknife
Gold Global Trader (15) Has Written 2 Reviews
(frozen)
21-Apr(#26)
sinnie wrote:
> Longknife wrote:
>> Just finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey. What a long ass journey that was
>
> I feel like I'm pretty much done with it. What do you consider finished, doing all
> the missions? I have completed what I believe to be the main story with Deimos. I
> am nearly level 50. I am not sure how much more exploring and side missions I want
> to do.
>
>

I was done when I killed all of the cultists (aside from Deimos so that I could get the happy ending), returned all of the artifacts, and completed the Fate of Atlantis DLC that came with the game when I first bought it. Not sure if I want to buy the season pass to get the remaining DLC though.
sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
21-Apr(#27)
Longknife wrote:
> sinnie wrote:
>> Longknife wrote:
> |>> Just finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey. What a long ass journey that was
>>
>> I feel like I'm pretty much done with it. What do you consider finished, doing
> all
>> the missions? I have completed what I believe to be the main story with Deimos.
> I
>> am nearly level 50. I am not sure how much more exploring and side missions I
> want
>> to do.
>>
>>
>
> I was done when I killed all of the cultists (aside from Deimos so that I could get
> the happy ending), returned all of the artifacts, and completed the Fate of Atlantis
> DLC that came with the game when I first bought it. Not sure if I want to buy the
> season pass to get the remaining DLC though.

Gotcha. I think I actually managed to get the happy ending without killing all the cultists. I still have 3-4 to kill actually and

Deimos lived and came back to the family.



I also have one thing left to the Atlantis bit, but it's hella hard, even close to level 50 the final monster is really kicking my ass so I probably won't finish it.

PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
21-Apr(#28)
I finished up the campaign in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered last night. I immediately hopped back into the multiplayer and started realizing I remember there being more maps than this. It turns out they sell the map pack separately for $15. I can't think of any other remastered game I played that didn't include all of the content from the original version by default. So that's kind of a bummer.
Longknife
Gold Global Trader (15) Has Written 2 Reviews
(frozen)
22-Apr(#29)
sinnie wrote:
> Longknife wrote:
>> sinnie wrote:
> |>> Longknife wrote:
>> |>> Just finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey. What a long ass journey that was
> |>>
> |>> I feel like I'm pretty much done with it. What do you consider finished, doing
>> all
> |>> the missions? I have completed what I believe to be the main story with Deimos.
>> I
> |>> am nearly level 50. I am not sure how much more exploring and side missions I
>> want
> |>> to do.
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> I was done when I killed all of the cultists (aside from Deimos so that I could
> get
>> the happy ending), returned all of the artifacts, and completed the Fate of Atlantis
>> DLC that came with the game when I first bought it. Not sure if I want to buy
> the
>> season pass to get the remaining DLC though.
>
> Gotcha. I think I actually managed to get the happy ending without killing all the
> cultists. I still have 3-4 to kill actually and
> ...
>
> I also have one thing left to the Atlantis bit, but it's hella hard, even close to
> level 50 the final monster is really kicking my ass so I probably won't finish it.
>
>

If you're talking about


Medusa, she is incredibly annoying and a massive pain in the ass. The idea though is when she does her petrifying stare, to get behind a stone column though immediately after that she unleashes three blasts, that's when you need to dodge and take the chance to move up close and lay into her if you can. Otherwise, use arrows. Explosive arrows will do a great job of interrupting most attacks.

sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
22-Apr(#30)
Longknife wrote:
> sinnie wrote:
>> Longknife wrote:
> |>> sinnie wrote:
>> |>> Longknife wrote:
> |>> |>> Just finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey. What a long ass journey that was
>> |>>
>> |>> I feel like I'm pretty much done with it. What do you consider finished, doing
> |>> all
>> |>> the missions? I have completed what I believe to be the main story with Deimos.
> |>> I
>> |>> am nearly level 50. I am not sure how much more exploring and side missions
> I
> |>> want
>> |>> to do.
>> |>>
>> |>>
> |>>
> |>> I was done when I killed all of the cultists (aside from Deimos so that I could
>> get
> |>> the happy ending), returned all of the artifacts, and completed the Fate of Atlantis
> |>> DLC that came with the game when I first bought it. Not sure if I want to buy
>> the
> |>> season pass to get the remaining DLC though.
>>
>> Gotcha. I think I actually managed to get the happy ending without killing all
> the
>> cultists. I still have 3-4 to kill actually and
>> ...
>>
>> I also have one thing left to the Atlantis bit, but it's hella hard, even close
> to
>> level 50 the final monster is really kicking my ass so I probably won't finish
> it.
>>
>>
>
> If you're talking about
>
> ...

Yep that. I'm likely done. Will move onto Origin I guess. Although the people from the future...


I have not seen them since before I found "Atlantis." I wonder if they show up beyond that? It's so hard to judge when a game is over in this format, especially this one which is so huge, really too huge.






TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
22-Apr(#31)
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Sony PlayStation 4 Pro 9/10 a frustratingly yet satisfyingly good time yes
Anxiouz
850 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
23-Apr(#32)
Longknife wrote:
> Just finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey. What a long ass journey that was

I felt this with Origins. Fantastic game but when you go to a new place and see that you need to level up like 5-10 each time to get to the meaty missions, I lost interest. Gameplay was amazing, story was good, but when I realized I would always need to grind to move on, I was out.
justin_credible
Gold Good Trader
23-Apr(#33)
I thought Origins was fair in that you just needed to find the correct area to be in to go with your level and as long as you did that you'd never have a problem. Odyssey is a 100 hour grind.
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
23-Apr(#34)
Yup. Origins was manageable. Odyssey shat the bed with that grind.
Reticent
Bronze Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
25-Apr(#35)
A Hat in Time - 7/10
This was my palette cleanser after beating Sekiro, and I enjoyed it. Fun little platformer, kinda reminds me of Mario 64 or Mario Sunshine. Camera is a bit uncooperative at times, but the controls were great, levels were fun, and the characters and story were ridiculous (in an entertaining way). Relatively short, took me about 10 hours, and not difficult at all, but definitely would recommend if you enjoy colorful 3D platformers.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
25-Apr(#36)
Hat in Time was pretty fun but I agree with the camera being a bit uncooperative at times, especially during some of the more delicate platforming sections. Pretty short but took me around 15 hours to get all 1000 achievements. Theres some talent at work in that game and I would like to see these guys continue with the series some more and refine what they already have.
benstylus
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
25-Apr(#37)
The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave (3DS eShop)

I wish Miitopia had been this game instead of what Miitopia was.

loztdogs
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
26-Apr(#38)
Finished the main story in ittle dew 2 Nintendo Switch . I guess they're post story elements that can be completed but I'm not going to do them. I didn't care for the game all that much. Weapons are under powered and I noticed a delay when using the dodge button which was super frustrating. I got the game on sale via the eshop so not gonna complain all that much. I did like the art style, I thought it was colorful and looked good in handheld mode. I'd only recommend it if you needed a top down Zelda type fix.

Longknife
Gold Global Trader (15) Has Written 2 Reviews
(frozen)
2-May(#39)
Just finished Far Cry: Primal
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
2-May(#40)
I loved Far Cry Primal. I still hold it as by 2nd favorite FC game to date, next to FC3.
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
4-May(#41)
Yakuza 6 PlayStation 4 - 8.5/10

One of my favorite video game characters of all time gets the send off he deserves. The final 2-3 chapters are pretty amazing and I couldn't help but shed a tear at the end. Still can't quite believe this is the last time I'll get to play as the Dragon of Dojima. There are a few things I had an issue with which is why I can only give it an 8.5, but I think a lot of that has to do with the expectations I had going in. Can't really go into details without writing an spoiler filled essay, so I'll just leave it at that. All in all, I love how streamlined things like the battle system are and how focused the overall experience is. There is no jumping between a bunch of characters and no keeping track of a bunch of different narrative threads. It's all about Kaz and his journey. There's a real sense of urgency throughout the game and the payoff at the very end makes it all worthwhile. Fans of the series are in for a treat!

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
4-May(#42)
Heavyd814life wrote:
> Yakuza 6 PlayStation 4 - 8.5/10
>
> One of my favorite video game characters of all time gets the send off he deserves.
> The final 2-3 chapters are pretty amazing and I couldn't help but shed a tear at
> the end. Still can't quite believe this is the last time I'll get to play as the
> Dragon of Dojima. There are a few things I had an issue with which is why I can only
> give it an 8.5, but I think a lot of that has to do with the expectations I had going
> in. Can't really go into details without writing an spoiler filled essay, so I'll
> just leave it at that. All in all, I love how streamlined things like the battle
> system are and how focused the overall experience is. There is no jumping between
> a bunch of characters and no keeping track of a bunch of different narrative threads.
> It's all about Kaz and his journey. There's a real sense of urgency throughout the
> game and the payoff at the very end makes it all worthwhile. Fans of the series are
> in for a treat!
>
>

Just story reasons for the downtick and not gameplay? I could get behind that. The gameplay is as good as its ever been in this game imo and I loved the new mini-games.

Going back to just Kiryu was sorely needed, maximum agreement on that.

Have you play Fist of the North Star Paradise Lost? It's rough around the edges compared to Y6 (it's using an older engine) but it's definitely worth it if you are looking for a Yakuza gameplay fix. If you like Fist and/or big burly dudes obliterating people with a single finger touch, that's a big bonus.
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
4-May(#43)
Yeah, my issues were mostly story/character related. Gameplay was on point. I really like the focus on a single fighting style as opposed to the 4 or 5 we had in Yakuza 5. It was just too much. The mini games were cool. Really enjoyed Spearfishing and Baseball and I spent a few of the early hours playing a bunch of Darts. The Live Chat stuff was hilarious, but I only did it once and I didn't really like the girls at the Cabaret club and wasn't going to waste my money on them. Honestly Rio from Yakuza 4 is the only Hostess I ever really dug. Didn't really do much else because of the sense of urgency I mentioned. Just didn't seem right to go off to do karaoke or more Live Chat stuff with so much on the line.

I've got FOTNS in my backlog. I was a huge fan when I was younger and I've heard a lot of good things about the game. Should be a fun ride!

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
4-May(#44)
I just can't help myself and I usually complete every mini-game. It is kind of a weird feeling sometimes when as you mentioned there is something pressing in the story line and I'm just casually playing billiards or something heh.

And yeah you will probably really dig Fist then. My biggest complaint is that the buggy handles like you are driving on oil slicks but thankfully you don't HAVE to spend much time driving. I actually skipped out doing much more than the bare minimum with upgrading it and whatnot due to that. There is a batting cage equivalent mini-game in it which is amazing and hilarious.
Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (51 seconds ago)
4-May(#45)
Far Cry New Dawn. For $16 + tax is was fun. Got the Platinum.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
4-May(#46)
It took me a while but I finally beat Light World in Smash Bros Ultimate. Absolutely loved it. I beat all 612 spaces and fought the light and dark bosses at the same time which proved to be surprisingly difficult. Really enjoy the single player in this game, there is so much stuff to unlock and the nods to games stretching all throughout video game history is something truly special. Very well done Nintendo.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (3 minutes ago)
4-May(#47)
Nice. I've heard that's tough. I was never good at smash games- can't get my old school quarter circle throwing mind to accept it.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
4-May(#48)
The last battle seemed almost impossible until I figured it out. They give you 3 "lives" where when you die as your main then you respawn as another character. The two others they gave me I had no idea how to use so I had to do about 90% of the damage with my main and then hope I could stay alive for long enough to finish up. It ended up being a lot of very frantic fun and how the Switch kept a stable frame rate with all that stuff on the screen was really impressive.
benstylus
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
4-May(#49)
Tetris Blast (Game Boy)

Cool game
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
5-May(#50)
Beyond Oasis 5/10

I don't like beat 'em ups so I wasn't going to like this unless it was amazing and it isn't. The hit detection sucks, so combat feels pretty bad. Getting places can be a pain. You can usually easily backtrack by jumping off ledges, but every time you have to un-backtrack it just means playing through dungeon rooms for a second or third time which isn't fun at all. At least in Zelda monsters stay dead when you backtrack so it doesn't feel like all your progress is "lost" when you leave a screen.

loztdogs
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader
* 5-May(#51)
Just finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider XB1. This game is just as bit as good as everyone here has made it out to be. I thought it was a fantastic adventure with solid platforming.

S1LENTK1ILLA
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
5-May(#52)
Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PC) First AC game in years I have actually enjoyed. Just picked on AC Origins now because I hear its similar
Dasgessabel
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
5-May(#53)
S1LENTK1ILLA wrote:
> Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PC) First AC game in years I have actually enjoyed. Just
> picked on AC Origins now because I hear its similar

You'll have to let us know how it feels going back to that. Origins was good, but I like alot of things about Odyssey more than Origins. To me, it feels like Odyssey was a better progression of Origins for the most part.
sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
5-May(#54)
Well it did come after Origins. I also recently beat Odyssey but haven't had time to go back to Origins yet.

S1LENTK1ILLA
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
6-May(#55)
Dasgessabel wrote:
> S1LENTK1ILLA wrote:
>> Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PC) First AC game in years I have actually enjoyed.
> Just
>> picked on AC Origins now because I hear its similar
>
> You'll have to let us know how it feels going back to that. Origins was good, but
> I like alot of things about Odyssey more than Origins. To me, it feels like Odyssey
> was a better progression of Origins for the most part.

I have heard that from multiple people after talking about how good Odyssey was. Hopefully, I will enjoy it enough to finish. I only started with Odyssey because I got it free.

S1LENTK1ILLA
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
6-May(#56)
Has anyone played the Atlantis DLC yet? They did a good job hyping it up in the main story that I really want to play it
sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
6-May(#57)
S1LENTK1ILLA wrote:
> Has anyone played the Atlantis DLC yet? They did a good job hyping it up in the main
> story that I really want to play it

Yes, I have played 3/4 of it and it's pretty good. The fights are tough and beautifully rendered. The final one is a dog though and I'm likely not to finish it. I have pretty much grown bored and moved away from AC Odyssey, about 70hrs in.


S1LENTK1ILLA
Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
6-May(#58)
I felt that way towards the end of the story. So longgggg. I will get the DLC when it goes on sale
RainMoN
500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 14 Reviews
7-May(#59)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker for Wii U, yesterday! yes
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
7-May(#60)
Captain Toad was such a charming little game.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
7-May(#61)
Loved me some Captain Toad. One of those games that puts a smile on your face the whole time you play it.
DCGX
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (11) Has Written 56 Reviews
7-May(#62)
The Invisible Hours Sony PlayStation 4 Pro

I won't say much about this game, as it's a heavily story driven experience, but I think it's one everyone should have. I played this in VR, but they released a non-VR version last fall. That said, if VR is an option, definitely play it in VR.

Essentially this game is staged as a play in which you have full motion around in. There's a murder at Nikola Tesla's house and you watch the other seven people (including other historical figures) to see who did it. You are more or less acting as a camera for yourself, as you cannot interact with the characters and they have no idea you're there. You can interact with objects like collectibles that flesh out the characters. In that sense this game is like an old-school point and click adventure. Each character has their own subplot as well, and even though following one character to the story's end takes less than an hour, it's completely worth it to see everything. That takes more like eight hours. You can rewind and fast forward time, but it's best just to follow each character in their entirety. The subplots take some pretty crazy twists, but they all make sense in the context of the world.


There's also a secret ending that, admittedly, is hard to figure out on your own, so I recommend a trophy guide for the secret ending only after you've done everything else.



The writing is sharp and the voice acting is exceptional too. You have the option to select your virtual height to view the world in. I chose 5' 9", as it's the closest to my real height, yet I towered over every character except one. The character models look good, but their legs are too short. Especially in VR, it's easy to lose yourself in the world. The only thing that might take you out is the graphics. While from a art direction the graphics are great, they are some of the blurriest I've seen on PSVR (the game uses the Unreal engine), but otherwise the presentation is top-notch.

I picked this up for $10 brand new at Gamestop for PSVR. It's otherwise $30 regular price, and while there's nothing to do once you hear and see everything, this is a great game to go through and a must for VR owners.

Heavyd814life
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
7-May(#63)
Great review @DCGX. Definitely going to pick this up.

PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
7-May(#64)
DCGX wrote:
> The Invisible Hours Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
> I picked this up for $10 brand new at Gamestop for PSVR. It's otherwise $30 regular
> price, and while there's nothing to do once you hear and see everything, this is
> a great game to go through and a must for VR owners.

Is this a GameStop exclusive or something? They have it for $7.99 used, I'll probably grab that because I can't find it on Best Buy's site.
tonymack21
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (10 minutes ago)
7-May(#65)
im pretty sure i grabbed that recently on a sale, i cant remember if it was ps4 or pc though, but it looked pretty interesting.


GamersLyf

7-May(#66)
DCGX wrote:
> This topic had many older posts which were moved here:
>
>
>
>
> I really like games with good stories but not big on shooters but a buddy advised me to pick up 'The Last of Us' anyway. I picked it up for $4, put it in just to test it. I played it for 5 hours that day and beat it 4 days later. One of the best games I've ever played!
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
8-May(#67)
Observer PlayStation 4 - 5/10

Very disappointing experience. I didn't watch much footage before picking it up, but I saw that it had reviewed well and it seemed to have a pretty sweet cyberpunk aesthetic which drew me in. The main character is also voiced and mocapped by Rutger Hauer which I thought was pretty cool. The set up is unique, as is the world the game takes place in, but that about all this game has going for it. I found the entire thing tedious and the framerate doesn't help matters. I don't think I've played a game where the framerate drops as often as it does in this game. How it still hasn't been patched is beyond me. You're walking through corridors and up and down stairs for the majority of the game with some investigation segments thrown in that get old after the first couple of rooms you investigate. You talk to residents and those interactions are cool half of the time, but it quickly becomes a chore since the dialogue options don't really give you much control over the conversations. There are psychological horror segments where they throw a bunch of crap at you as you attempt to navigate through even more corridors. These sections just aren't scary at all and it's impossible to get much out of them from a narrative standpoint since it's just a jumble of sounds, words, and images. Others may get something from the sensory overload, but I just found it really annoying. And since this is a first person horror game, there just had to be an insta death section where you hide from a monster. These are never fun, but at least some games do a decent job of creating tension during these encounters. Not the case here. What makes it really annoying is that they just threw it in at the very end of the game with a segment where you're just hiding and sneaking for 20 mins. Just terrible design.

Not really a game I'd recommend unless you're really into walking simulators masquerading as first person psychological horror games and can pick it up for under $5. Even at $5, I wouldn't recommend it. It felt like a waste of 7 hours of my time.

DCGX
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (11) Has Written 56 Reviews
8-May(#68)
PizzaTheHutt wrote:
> DCGX wrote:
>> The Invisible Hours Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
>> I picked this up for $10 brand new at Gamestop for PSVR. It's otherwise $30 regular
>> price, and while there's nothing to do once you hear and see everything, this
> is
>> a great game to go through and a must for VR owners.
>
> Is this a GameStop exclusive or something? They have it for $7.99 used, I'll probably
> grab that because I can't find it on Best Buy's site.

I think it is. I found a Reddit that said it was published by Gamestop's publishing arm.

DCGX
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (11) Has Written 56 Reviews
8-May(#69)
UBR604 wrote:
> DCGX wrote:
>> This topic had many older posts which were moved here:
>>
>>
>>
>>
> I really like games with good stories but not big on shooters but a buddy advised
> me to pick up 'The Last of Us' anyway. I picked it up for $4, put it in just to test
> it. I played it for 5 hours that day and beat it 4 days later. One of the best games
> I've ever played!

I have this sitting on my shelf. I'll get to it one day lol

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
8-May(#70)
Most brutal @Heavyd814life review since????!
Heavyd814life
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
8-May(#71)
Gypsy wrote:
> Most brutal @Heavyd814life review since????!

Definitely one of the most critical reviews I can remember writing. It's just such an annoying game. I should have saved myself the headache and stopped playing after the first couple of hours. I kept hoping it would get better, but it actually gets worse. Just an absolute turd of a game.

Kommie
Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (51 seconds ago)
8-May(#72)
Heavyd814life wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>> Most brutal @Heavyd814life review since????!
>
> Definitely one of the most critical reviews I can remember writing. It's just such
> an annoying game. I should have saved myself the headache and stopped playing after
> the first couple of hours. I kept hoping it would get better, but it actually gets
> worse. Just an absolute turd of a game.
>
|

That sounds like my review of Mass Effect. Didn't like it at all but kept playing hoping it'd get better. Nope.
Missile
Gold Good Trader
8-May(#73)
Warhammer Space Marines 6/10

Middle of the road 3rd person shooter that's also based on some DnD thing. I spent about 6 hours on the game, but really you could probably beat this in about 4-5, but the experience will feel like 12 hours because of how repetitive it is. Levels don't really do much to change things up; you'll be spending about 3/4 of the game fighting the same enemies, but with progressively better upgrades, and slightly different locals, and when they finally get replaced, the new enemies aren't all that different, they just seem to be better bullet sponges. The biggest deviation are the small Jetpack portions of certain levels(like 3 in total, one of which is in the very final level of the game) where you are given the ability to fly around levels jump and ground pound enemies ad nauseum. Most weapons feel damn near useless compared to the 2 Sniper Rifles and Shotgun, and crazy enough the basic pistol. Enemies can all seem to tank shots from the SMG and LMG so well by the end of the game that trying to use them is damn near an exercise in futility. Story is obviously non-existent, just go kill your way to a thing, kill your way to another thing, repeat that two or three more times, use QTE to kill a boss, and then you get a cliffhanger.

Overall, it's a competent, but generic game. If i'd paid more than, like, a buck for it i'd probably be more harsh than this.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
8-May(#74)
Kommie wrote:
> Heavyd814life wrote:
>> Gypsy wrote:
> |>> Most brutal @Heavyd814life review since????!
>>
>> Definitely one of the most critical reviews I can remember writing. It's just
> such
>> an annoying game. I should have saved myself the headache and stopped playing
> after
>> the first couple of hours. I kept hoping it would get better, but it actually
> gets
>> worse. Just an absolute turd of a game.
>>
> |
>
> That sounds like my review of Mass Effect. Didn't like it at all but kept playing
> hoping it'd get better. Nope.

Definitely done this before as well. Tales of Xillia is one that sticks with me. Woof.
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
8-May(#75)
DCGX wrote:
> PizzaTheHutt wrote:
>> DCGX wrote:
> |>> The Invisible Hours Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
> |>> I picked this up for $10 brand new at Gamestop for PSVR. It's otherwise $30 regular
> |>> price, and while there's nothing to do once you hear and see everything, this
>> is
> |>> a great game to go through and a must for VR owners.
>>
>> Is this a GameStop exclusive or something? They have it for $7.99 used, I'll probably
>> grab that because I can't find it on Best Buy's site.
>
> I think it is. I found a Reddit that said it was published by Gamestop's publishing
> arm.

Your review convinced me to check it out. I'm glad I didn't order it yesterday since I just noticed they dropped the price for pre-owned even further, now it's $4.99
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
8-May(#76)
Yoshi's Crafted World Nintendo Switch - 8/10- this charming little gem made me smile throughout. After going on a flower collecting spree I finally beat the last boss and it was just pure joy through and through. I'll be making an official video review on my YT channel in the coming days also. But yeah this was a chill ass game if I've ever played one. I can always count on Yoshi and Kirby games as my go to for a relaxing and joyous time without worrying about difficulty or how to progress. Ya just kick back and enjoy the delightfully constructed levels as they unfold. yes
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
8-May(#77)
TalonJedi87 wrote:
> Yoshi's Crafted World Nintendo Switch - 8/10- this charming little gem made me smile throughout.
> After going on a flower collecting spree I finally beat the last boss and it was
> just pure joy through and through. I'll be making an official video review on my
> YT channel in the coming days also. But yeah this was a chill ass game if I've ever
> played one. I can always count on Yoshi and Kirby games as my go to for a relaxing
> and joyous time without worrying about difficulty or how to progress. Ya just kick
> back and enjoy the delightfully constructed levels as they unfold. yes


Did you beat the final final boss? I beat the game the same day I got it and then I stupidly decided to go for 100% completion instead of just selling the game as soon as I beat Bowser Jr.
All that's left for me to do is beat the real final boss in a certain time limit and not take any damage. I haven't even attempted it, it was a pain in the ass to beat him without those added stipulations, so I guess I'm stuck at 99% completion.

MFCOMMAND
Gold Good Trader
9-May(#78)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance on Xbox
TalonJedi87
Double Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
9-May(#79)
PizzaTheHutt wrote:
> TalonJedi87 wrote:
>> Yoshi's Crafted World Nintendo Switch - 8/10- this charming little gem made me smile
> throughout.
>> After going on a flower collecting spree I finally beat the last boss and it was
>> just pure joy through and through. I'll be making an official video review on
> my
>> YT channel in the coming days also. But yeah this was a chill ass game if I've
> ever
>> played one. I can always count on Yoshi and Kirby games as my go to for a relaxing
>> and joyous time without worrying about difficulty or how to progress. Ya just
> kick
>> back and enjoy the delightfully constructed levels as they unfold. yes
>
> ...


Do you mean the Kamek boss fight in the Hidden Hills? I just beat that boss. Took me a few tries though seeing as though you could only take a set amount of hits and only have 1 life and the boss has 4 phases. Or is there another boss after Kamek? The dude on the hill said he needed 317 smiley flowers from me and I only had like 30 left after giving him all my stock to make it up the hill in the final hidden world.

DCGX
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (11) Has Written 56 Reviews
9-May(#80)
PizzaTheHutt wrote:
> DCGX wrote:
>> PizzaTheHutt wrote:
> |>> DCGX wrote:
>> |>> The Invisible Hours Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
>> |>> I picked this up for $10 brand new at Gamestop for PSVR. It's otherwise $30
> regular
>> |>> price, and while there's nothing to do once you hear and see everything, this
> |>> is
>> |>> a great game to go through and a must for VR owners.
> |>>
> |>> Is this a GameStop exclusive or something? They have it for $7.99 used, I'll
> probably
> |>> grab that because I can't find it on Best Buy's site.
>>
>> I think it is. I found a Reddit that said it was published by Gamestop's publishing
>> arm.
>
> Your review convinced me to check it out. I'm glad I didn't order it yesterday since
> I just noticed they dropped the price for pre-owned even further, now it's $4.99

Wow. Hard to beat that! I heard nothing about the game until they dropped the new price a couple of weeks ago. VR or not, Gamestop doesn't do a good job of marketing their published games.

Topic   Last Game You Beat?