VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   Nintendo Switch! (IDs and codes)

citizen_zane
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 20-Oct-2016(#1)
This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/nintendo-sw...






This is a list of everyone's Nintendo ID's, friend codes, and Switch user names. Please PM me if any of your info needs to be updated.

Updated 6/2

image

Scott
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
4-May(#2)
Kommie wrote:
> I keep wanting to buy Cuphead but it's never more than $5 off on the eshop

Target had it for $10 a couple months back, that's how I got it.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (38 seconds ago)
4-May(#3)
Rockstar most definitely even though I don't like their games but they keep perfecting the formula. I would maybe say CDPR. They made Witcher then completely flipped script and went with a 1st person open world cyber punk game. Nintendo can, on their first attempt, completely change formula of something and it becomes the blue print of gaming for generations. I would say they're the top devs in the industry without a doubt.
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
4-May(#4)
Personally can't stand R*. Instead of releasing the same game every year like CoD or Madden, it's the same game with a 6+ year gap to feel like it's fresh and new.
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 4-May(#5)
@dustin11 Yah I'd agree there. Nintendo rarely disappoints on what they promise.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (38 seconds ago)
4-May(#6)
Yeah, I don't think that anyone can come remotely close to touching Nintendo's core team. They have smaller teams which create those smaller titles like Yoshi and Kirby, but their teams which create the Mario and Zelda titles are way ahead of anyone else in the industry.
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
4-May(#7)
Speaking of which, have you (or has anyone) given Luigis Mansion 3 a go yet? Wondering how that is - might wanna splurge and grab it this week.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (38 seconds ago)
4-May(#8)
I got it on launch day but its still sealed. I'm way behind on my Switch library.
BloodPuppetX
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
4-May(#9)
Scott wrote:
> Target had it for $10 a couple months back, that's how I got it.

That would be the price I would pay for Cuphead. I'm sure it's worth the $20. Just not in any hurry to play it. I do wonder how difficult it would be for me. I heard a lot about how hard Hollow Knight was, but didn't have too much difficulty with that one, at least on normal difficulty. Besides the final boss, I had the most trouble with that one mantis boss, before I learned that you could cheese him by just shadow dashing through him the whole fight. Something tells me Cuphead is a lot harder than HK, though.

Anyway, finally started up Trials of Mana yesterday. I'm currently debating whether I want to buy Xenoblade Chronicles for the third time. I probably will.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 4-May(#10)
Switch is pretty much Animal Crossing central for me. I couldn't get into the other games but this one's got me good for some reason. Very chill experience.
Scott
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
4-May(#11)
theJaw wrote:
> Speaking of which, have you (or has anyone) given Luigis Mansion 3 a go yet? Wondering
> how that is - might wanna splurge and grab it this week.

Not yet, but I want to soon. I was never really interested in the first 2 Luigi's Mansion games, but the trailer for the 3rd one interested me so much that I went back and played both of them in preparation for it. I enjoyed both quite a bit, and from what I've seen of my son playing the 3rd, I think I'll like it even more. I'm just giving myself a bit of a break since I played the first two close together not too long ago, plus there have been a ton of other games calling my name.

Scott
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
* 4-May(#12)
BloodPuppetX wrote:
> Scott wrote:
>> Target had it for $10 a couple months back, that's how I got it.
>
> That would be the price I would pay for Cuphead. I'm sure it's worth the $20. Just
> not in any hurry to play it.

Yeah, now that I've played it, I can say it's worth $20. I just can't stand to pay full price for digital games since they always end up going on sale. Since I'm never in a hurry to play them, I just wait for the first time I can get them for half off or better.

> I do wonder how difficult it would be for me. I heard
> a lot about how hard Hollow Knight was, but didn't have too much difficulty with
> that one, at least on normal difficulty. Besides the final boss, I had the most trouble
> with that one mantis boss, before I learned that you could cheese him by just shadow
> dashing through him the whole fight. Something tells me Cuphead is a lot harder than
> HK, though.

I've not played very much of Hollow Knight, but from the way people talk about it, I think you'd do just fine in Cuphead if you didn't have too much trouble with HK.

Scott
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
4-May(#13)
Since we've been on the subject of difficulty settings...I often find myself wishing there were harder modes in Nintendo games. Mainly Zelda, and not just that Hero Mode crap they've been doing where you take more damage and find less hearts, that's artificial difficulty. I would say Mario too, but I don't think you could really implement a harder difficulty in those games. So what I would actually like to see is a Mario game that's made more challenging from the ground up. Of course, they won't do that, since they have to appeal to the younger audience. Maybe DLC packs with harder levels? I guess it's less of a want now that we have Mario Maker, but still, it would be nice to have a challenging Mario game made with that special Nintendo touch.

longhornsk57
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 4-May(#14)
Rockstar, CDPR, and Naughty Dog are pretty much studios that I buy their crap day one no questions asked at this point. I don't need to know anything other than the game is coming from them.

Nintendo is pretty much like that for me. Any actual mario game that comes out is a day one purchase for me (not Party, but mainline regular games). Any DKC game, any Smash game, any Splatoon game, I am on board day one.

Team17 is becoming my goto for local co-op fun games. Overcooked and now Moving Out, these guys know how to make a fun game, and what's funny is how deep I got into Worms Armageddon online scene back in the day.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 4-May(#15)
I actually thought Hero Mode was a really solid difficulty spike. It's funny how quickly you adjust to something like "Instead of two hit deaths it's just one hit deaths now, also you have to actually kill them instead of slowly cheese them". I practically feel zero challenge outside of Hero mode now, normal mode's just "Hyrule and Chill" pretty much

Most Mario games have harder worlds after you beat them (3D Land basically has a "Ha, the game has NOW begun!" revelation once you down Bowser) but you've pretty much just gotta play SMM2 if you want challenging level design now, I don't think they're anywhere near as good at level design now as they used to be, the new games outside SM64, Galaxy and Odyssey just feel so manila to me. Just have to let other people do it better!

Doki Doki Panic is more stimulating to me than like... SMB3 or anything that came after it. And I still prefer SMB1 over that. Just feels like the third party and indie studios are better at expanding the Platforming genre than Nintendo, which is sort of an unfair statement, although fully expected. They laid the groundwork, everyone else gets to rise above their hard efforts. Look at Shovel Knight; small adjustments can completely transform the game, long as you put in the footwork to take advantage of that.

Super Mario, you're a cat. You can climb walls and get free one-up at end of stage, without any thought at how that SHOULD change the way they design stages (but doesn't). snore
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (38 seconds ago)
4-May(#16)
My only day 1 buy companies are Nintendo (Zelda, Mario, SSB, Metroid) and Playground Games, Moon Studios is definitely working their to way to that list as well after how good the previous 2 Ori games were.
Anxiouz
GameTZ Subscriber 900 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
4-May(#17)
DarkFact wrote:
> Switch is pretty much Animal Crossing central for me. I couldn't get into the other
> games but this one's got me good for some reason. Very chill experience.

I had to buy a 2nd switch because I've been unable to get our switch away from my wife and son since AC came out. It was the right game at the right time for them (and apparently everyone with a Switch lol).
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (38 seconds ago)
* 4-May(#18)
It will be interesting to see the sales numbers of Animal Crossing after how perfect the timing of the launch was. I saw that its in the top 20 best selling game in Japan of all time only if you're counting physical sales. Digital could have pushed it to the top 3 already which nuts.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
4-May(#19)
I bought it digital. Knew I'd at least be switching to it enough to make switching carts out to be undesireable. So, fixed. Ten bucks extra, it's ok, I got this.
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 4-May(#20)
@Scott yah there are definitely some Nintendo games that would benefit from being a bit harder. Like @DarkFact pointed out earlier, it's mostly about balance when it comes down to it. Where I think games like Cuphead or Souls could come down a bit and be fine, games like Yoshi and whatnot could definitely come up a bit.

And about Luigi's Mansion, I did play 1 recently too but that just made me want an updated game - so maybe now's the perfect time for me. Wondering what the difficulty is like in THAT one, I know the first aired on the easy side.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (38 seconds ago)
4-May(#21)
LM1 was crazy easy. I remember beating it a single sitting and kind of regretted paying $60 for it because there was no real reason to go back and play it again. Good game, just way too short.
longhornsk57
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
4-May(#22)
LM on Switch was boring as hell for me. No challenge at all, just a kids game where you collect crap basically. I was expecting something cool and at least something even a little challenging.
Scott
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
4-May(#23)
I usually don't like easy games, but I found the exploring and solving mini puzzles in LM to be very enjoyable.

Scott
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
4-May(#24)
theJaw wrote:
> And about Luigi's Mansion, I did play 1 recently too but that just made me want an
> updated game - so maybe now's the perfect time for me. Wondering what the difficulty
> is like in THAT one, I know the first aired on the easy side.

I think LM2 was a bit harder than LM1, but still easy overall. I will say that LM2 felt like a huge update over LM1, and LM3 looks to be more of the same. If LM1 left you wanting an updated game, I think LM3 should be perfect for you.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (38 seconds ago)
4-May(#25)
I preferred LM1 over LM2 personally. I liked the more open world feel when compared to the mission feel of LM2.
Scott
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
4-May(#26)
Yeah, they both have a different style, but LM2 was a nice update to what LM1 established, in other ways. More enemies, more abilities, more variance/interaction when catching ghosts. LM1 feels very basic in comparison.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (38 seconds ago)
4-May(#27)
I think LM1 started out as a tech demo for a 3D LCD screen that Nintendo was experimenting with so I think that LM2 was more or less the first "real" game in the series.
KCPenguins
Gold Good Trader
4-May(#28)
I've held off on buying Cuphead due to reports of difficulty. I think it looks cool, and the gameplay looks fun, but dying 100's of times is not my idea of fun. I might pick it up eventually for $10, if only it had a demo I would know to forget it or buy it full price.
Scott
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
4-May(#29)
You die a lot, but I haven't found it to be frustrating or anything like that. Each attempt, I get a little better, and then it's very rewarding once I finally defeat the boss. I'm up to 84% completion now.

Heavyd814life
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) This user is on the site NOW (5 minutes ago)
4-May(#30)
Kommie wrote:
> Personally can't stand R*. Instead of releasing the same game every year like CoD
> or Madden, it's the same game with a 6+ year gap to feel like it's fresh and new.

Gotta disagree wholeheartedly here. Rockstar games are all very different and they try to push the envelope each time. The way you were able to move seamlessly from one character to another in GTA 5, for example, was just mindblowing at the time. Plus you can't discount some of their lesser-known IPs like LA Noire, Bully, Max Payne which are all really great. Definitely one of the very best devs in the business. I just wish they made more games these days and weren't as focused on stuff like RDR and GTA online. But money talks so I can't really blame them for focusing on that market.

Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
4-May(#31)
I haven't beat a R* game since Vice City, but they're owned by 2K so the focus is just MTX at this point.
PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
4-May(#32)
Heavyd814life wrote:
> Plus you can't discount some of their lesser-known IPs like LA Noire, Bully, Max
> Payne which are all really great. Definitely one of the very best devs in the business.

Remember the table tennis game they made for Xbox 360? I never got to play it but I heard so many good things about it, I wish they'd do another one.
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
4-May(#33)
Scott wrote:
> You die a lot, but I haven't found it to be frustrating or anything like that. Each
> attempt, I get a little better, and then it's very rewarding once I finally defeat
> the boss. I'm up to 84% completion now.
>
>

Yeah that's my favorite aspect of Cuphead. It's super hard and you're going to die a bunch but it never seems cheap. I feel in other "hard" games, sometimes it does feel a bit cheap and some of the wins feel like luck, but with Cuphead it's actually rewarding.
BloodPuppetX
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 4-May(#34)
I died hundreds of times in The Messenger. And people say the same about Celeste as well. (I have other reasons why I haven't been playing that one.) Games today are really forgiving with the checkpoint systems and whatever. You die and just respawn nearby, and can try again infinite times. That's the main reason games today are easier. Those older games aren't so difficult using save states, are they?
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (38 seconds ago)
4-May(#35)
I think my first time through Cuphead I died maybe 100-150 times, it was trying to "A" rank every level where I racked up a much higher body count. Even at 150 deaths throughout 20+ levels equals only like 5-8 deaths on average per stage which really isn't that bad.
KCPenguins
Gold Good Trader
4-May(#36)
BloodPuppetX wrote:
> I died hundreds of times in The Messenger. And people say the same about Celeste
> as well. (I have other reasons why I haven't been playing that one.) Games today
> are really forgiving with the checkpoint systems and whatever. You die and just respawn
> nearby, and can try again infinite times. That's the main reason games today are
> easier. Those older games aren't so difficult using save states, are they?


Ninja Gaiden II... I remember I spent over an hour trying to make 1 jump. Eventually said fudge it.
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
4-May(#37)
The last chapter in Celeste is pure bullcrap, it takes precision to an absurd level. The Messenger had one bullcrap boss.
Anxiouz
GameTZ Subscriber 900 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 4-May(#38)
I've been having issues with my miscro-sd card functionality. I can't successfully download any new game unless I remove the card and therefore restart the system without it. Then I can do things fine including (restarting again to put the card back in) and transferring stuff to it after the DL.

This all started with an Animal Crossing update that I suspected wouldn't fit in system memory alongside the game(?). But we've since moved things and have loads of room on the system and card. But we just can't install new things with the micro-sd card installed.

Has anyone experienced this? We can work around it but it's annoying to buy something digital and then have to go reset the system without the card to have the game actually install. Any advice?
JD
400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
4-May(#39)
My id is 786399716878

Mainly play animal crossing
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
4-May(#40)
last animal crossing i played was on the GameCube. i was thinking of playing that again,part of me wants to get the new one, but i got used to PC prices it's not easy for me to want to pay $60 for something lol i got no problem doing it for games like Red Dead and Divinity Original Sin 2, But not sure about AC haven't played in years not sure if i will enjoy it as much as i used to.

what do you guys think about the game? was it worth getting?
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 4-May(#41)
PizzaTheHutt wrote:
> Heavyd814life wrote:
>> Plus you can't discount some of their lesser-known IPs like LA Noire, Bully, Max
>> Payne which are all really great. Definitely one of the very best devs in the
> business.
>
> Remember the table tennis game they made for Xbox 360? I never got to play it but
> I heard so many good things about it, I wish they'd do another one.
>

Yeah and the Midnight club games were good too, i also liked man hunt.. too bad GTA Online makes them so much money. i doubt they will make anything else for a long time and to make it worse whenever they make a game now they forget about single player dlc they just think about online micro transactions. it would of been nice to get another undead nightmare with red dead 2.
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
4-May(#42)
proudtobelatino wrote:
> last animal crossing i played was on the GameCube. i was thinking of playing that
> again,part of me wants to get the new one, but i got used to PC prices it's not easy
> for me to want to pay $60 for something lol i got no problem doing it for games like
> Red Dead and Divinity Original Sin 2, But not sure about AC haven't played in years
> not sure if i will enjoy it as much as i used to.
>
> what do you guys think about the game? was it worth getting?

YYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Best game EVARRRR.

proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
5-May(#43)
ErickRPG wrote:
> proudtobelatino wrote:
>> last animal crossing i played was on the GameCube. i was thinking of playing that
>> again,part of me wants to get the new one, but i got used to PC prices it's not
> easy
>> for me to want to pay $60 for something lol i got no problem doing it for games
> like
>> Red Dead and Divinity Original Sin 2, But not sure about AC haven't played in
> years
>> not sure if i will enjoy it as much as i used to.
>>
>> what do you guys think about the game? was it worth getting?
>
> YYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Best game EVARRRR.
>
>

lol cool might get it tonight, wish they still had the nes games it would have been cool if they came up with a way for you and your friends to sit down and play them. i wonder why they didn't do it? don't you need Nintendo Switch Online to play with others online anyway? and members already get those nes and snes games for free.
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
5-May(#44)
they should definitely have little mini games you can play in the next one. Like pool, darts, pinball, silly physics style games. It would fit perfectly.

theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 5-May(#45)
Man ball chasers in Rocket League are the fudging worst, especially if they're on your team. Compromise actual play-making to speed in front of their own teammates because that's where the ball happens to be landing. Doesn't matter which direction they should be going, they just need to hit the ball before anyone else. Real obnoxious. Still, been enjoying a decent little win streak tonight.
BloodPuppetX
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 5-May(#46)
Welcome to ranked play, @theJaw, lol. It's mostly just at the lower ranks where you see that. I'm back to Platinum in Standard and these games are just insanely fast. I can fly through the air and hit the ball just fine playing with these guys. But I'm currently Silver III in Doubles and I struggle mightily. Ball chasers are the main reason. That and the fact that they can't play defense or keep the ball moving. I guess I'm just used to playing fast, and these slower teammates are my kryptonite.
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 5-May(#47)
BloodPuppetX wrote:
> Welcome to ranked play, @theJaw, lol. It's mostly just at the lower ranks where you
> see that. I'm back to Platinum in Standard and these games are just insanely fast.
> I can fly through the air and hit the ball just fine playing with these guys. But
> I'm currently Silver III in Doubles and I struggle mightily. Ball chasers are the
> main reason. That and the fact that they can't play defense or keep the ball moving.
> I guess I'm just used to playing fast, and these slower teammates are my kryptonite.

usually playing any competitive team game with randoms is a nightmare lol most games usually have horrible match making for solo players.
beavis
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
6-May(#48)
Surprised to find out Super Mega Baseball 3 is coming out on the 13th with cross platform online play. If you are looking for an arcade sports game I can't recommend this series enough. I've put over 60 hours into 2 and love it. Looking forward to 3 even at full price.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (38 seconds ago)
6-May(#49)
Wondering if it will launch for free on Xbox like the first 2 games did. I really enjoyed SMB1 because of the character update feature, it kept me playing for dozens of hours and probably at least 10 full seasons. SMB2 pretty much completely stripped all those features out and after a single season I was done with the game and never came back to it. I looked at the achievement list and it looks like they're bringing the stat upgrade feature back in some way as well as giving you a franchise mode. Definitely looking forward to this game.
SilverOwl
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
6-May(#50)
Void Bastards comes out tomorrow for switch and ps4. I throughly enjoyed playing it on gamepass, and I preordered it just for the sole fact of portability.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (38 seconds ago)
6-May(#51)
Void Bastards was amazing. IIRC, the company who made it is headed up by the former lead producer of Bio Shock.
Scott
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
7-May(#52)
Beat Cuphead tonight! 233 deaths total. There are 25 levels altogether, so a little less than 10 deaths for each one, on average. That's actually lower than I thought it was going to be, I felt like there were several bosses that I died a ton too. Most of them took quite a few attempts just to learn all of the various patterns, then several more attempts to master them and beat the boss. Anyway, I'm still into it, so I think I'm going to go back for A ratings. @dustin11 Did you go for A-, A, A+, or just any type of A rating?

BloodPuppetX
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
7-May(#53)
Apparently, there's a new epilogue in Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. I'm still trying to decide if I'll get the game again, but I probably will. I also just bought Pong Quest...and it's pretty fun! It's too bad it probably won't sell very well. With all the different ball types, multiplayer could actually be pretty interesting.
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (38 seconds ago)
7-May(#54)
Scott wrote:
> Beat Cuphead tonight! 233 deaths total. There are 25 levels altogether, so a little
> less than 10 deaths for each one, on average. That's actually lower than I thought
> it was going to be, I felt like there were several bosses that I died a ton too.
> Most of them took quite a few attempts just to learn all of the various patterns,
> then several more attempts to master them and beat the boss. Anyway, I'm still into
> it, so I think I'm going to go back for A ratings. @dustin11 Did you go for A-, A,
> A+, or just any type of A rating?
>
>

Just A rank of any kind. If I got an A- I would call it good enough and move on. I thought about going for A+ but there really wasn't much of a reason to.
JD
400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
7-May(#55)
I just got xenoblade 2 should I hold off playing till first one? Never played the series
RobotVM
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
7-May(#56)
For the most part both games are self contained. You can start with part 2.

PizzaTheHutt
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader Has Written 3 Reviews
* 8-May(#57)
I was just looking through the eShop so I can pre-purchase Clubhouse Games and I saw there's a Jay & Silent Bob game that released today, it looks like a 8-bit beat-em-up. Have any of you played it?

edit: and just because I can never open the eShop and buy only what I was intending to buy, I went ahead and pre-purchased Ion Fury too and bought PlataGO! Super Platform Game Maker which I bought in early access on Steam in 2018 I think, but never actually played it. dead face
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
8-May(#58)
the mario kart tournament starts today. good luck everyone!
Scott
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
8-May(#59)
dustin11 wrote:
> Just A rank of any kind. If I got an A- I would call it good enough and move on.
> I thought about going for A+ but there really wasn't much of a reason to.

Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing too. So far I'm getting all A+'s because everything is so easy switching back to the first world, but I'm sure I'll give up on that soon.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (38 seconds ago)
8-May(#60)
Scott wrote:
> dustin11 wrote:
>> Just A rank of any kind. If I got an A- I would call it good enough and move on.
>> I thought about going for A+ but there really wasn't much of a reason to.
>
> Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing too. So far I'm getting all A+'s because
> everything is so easy switching back to the first world, but I'm sure I'll give up
> on that soon.
>
>

A couple of the airplane levels gave me issues (that genie one in particular) and the devil stage were the worst. I got an A+ on my 2nd or 3rd try on the 2nd to last stage which I was lucky with because I could see that one being a nightmare. Island 1 was pretty easy to get A+ ranking on, but things start getting a bit more frustrating pretty quickly. I think the game may be a bit easier now though becuase of them fixing the glitchy parry timing.
Scott
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews This user is on the site NOW (8 minutes ago)
8-May(#61)
dustin11 wrote:
> A couple of the airplane levels gave me issues (that genie one in particular) and
> the devil stage were the worst.

When I finally beat the devil, I was starting to get really good at each phase. I think I got a B+ but I could see myself going back and getting the A fairly easily at this point. Seems like the hardest part would be getting the parries.

> I got an A+ on my 2nd or 3rd try on the 2nd to last
> stage which I was lucky with because I could see that one being a nightmare.

The Dice boss? Yeah, that one is really long and tedious.

dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (38 seconds ago)
8-May(#62)
Scott wrote:
> dustin11 wrote:
>> A couple of the airplane levels gave me issues (that genie one in particular)
> and
>> the devil stage were the worst.
>
> When I finally beat the devil, I was starting to get really good at each phase. I
> think I got a B+ but I could see myself going back and getting the A fairly easily
> at this point. Seems like the hardest part would be getting the parries.

The issue is that you sometimes only got like 2 chances to parry or 3 if you sat and dodged long enough that he threw out another red attack, but by that time you would likely get hit and miss out on an A rank anyhow. It was a huge pain even though the boss itself was pretty easy.
theJaw
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
9-May(#63)
Anyone have Civilization VI for Switch? Snagged it from that Gamestop sale and am looking forward to it. It'll be my first time really diving into a Civ game. Watching some YouTube videos on it, it seems really cool. I've always been apprehensive of the series because I never tend to really stick to strategy games when I play them because there's just so much micromanaging to do but for some reason Civ VI looks like it could hold up for me despite all the micromanaging. I like the idea of building up an entire nation via government and espionage and whatnot as opposed to just controlling an army, though I do look forward to the military aspect too.

Anyone else play it/have it on Switch? Any thoughts/tips for a first timer?
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-May(#64)
Kinda OT but I'm about to get another "portable". I've been waiting for like a year but Surface Go 2 comes out this Tuesday! Woot woot!

bonham2
600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews
10-May(#65)
I'm very frustrated with Nintendo right now. I have two sets of joy-con, both have drift on the left stick. I have done all the DIY fixes, which improve it, but never 100%. My kids have a Switch, and they have joy-con drift too. Their's is probably not self inflicted. For them, the left stick doesn't click anymore, so they can't even calibrate. Furthermore, their pro controller is messed up (again, probably their fault). The left stick on that sticks up or to the right.

NOA's repair shop is closed, and joy-con are going for $100 a pair of the internet right now. The whole thing is very frustrating.
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
10-May(#66)
The Joy Cons have got to be the worst controllers ever
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 10-May(#67)
Kommie wrote:
> The Joy Cons have got to be the worst controllers ever

i like them more than the Jag 64 or N64 controller, but yeah I'm not a fan of the joy cons i actually use my ps4 controller for my switch lol
Anxiouz
GameTZ Subscriber 900 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 10-May(#68)
bonham2 wrote:
> I'm very frustrated with Nintendo right now. I have two sets of joy-con, both have
> drift on the left stick. I have done all the DIY fixes, which improve it, but never
> 100%.

All of the DIY's including replacing the thumbstick? It's really easy to do...just requires a special screwdriver to get into the Switch, and a new (non-OEM) thumbstick. Each is about $7 on Amazon and will take you less than 10 mins to replace. ifixit has steps.

I had a controller no longer click or go up...one of our least used joycons no less. The thumbstick I replaced it with is undetectable from oem and works exactly the same.

But I agree that the quality of the $70 joycons is a joke.
BloodPuppetX
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-May(#69)
Yeah, I have replaced two of mine. No clue if the replacement analog sticks are better than the original, but the first one I replaced has been working for around a year with no issues.
DarkFact
GameTZ Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 10-May(#70)
Something I noticed is that people who don't have drifting problems never seem to get them. People who have them continually have problems again and again and again no matter how many controllers they buy.

Seems to be more environmental than chance. Must just be designed in a way that it's more susceptible to dirt, dust and Cheetos. Don't feel so bad, some people have the exact same problem with Xbox One controllers!
dustin11
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (38 seconds ago)
10-May(#71)
The joysticks on N64 controllers were also really bad and it didn't help that Nintendo released games like Mario Party which accelerated how quickly they fell apart
Kommie
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
10-May(#72)
Doesn't Nintendo deny Joy Con drift though?
egg
Double Gold Good Trader
10-May(#73)
Maybe people who get it are tougher on their sticks or play games that put the sticks through more abuse, like Smash Bros.
KCPenguins
Gold Good Trader
10-May(#74)
Kommie wrote:
> Doesn't Nintendo deny Joy Con drift though?


Not really, that's why they agreed to replace them for free.

All controllers have their problems, but the joycon sticks are bad. I had 1 joycon drift over about 2 years (own 3 sets). I currently have one in the early stages and another that just flashed signs of it.

Based on the cause, my assumption is it has more to do with amount of use and possibly a manufacturing/material flaw. Based on the design, all joycons will eventually fail. It's metal rubbing over a contact which wears the contact.
proudtobelatino
Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-May(#75)
dustin11 wrote:
> The joysticks on N64 controllers were also really bad and it didn't help that Nintendo
> released games like Mario Party which accelerated how quickly they fell apart

me and my friends played a lot of mario party and never had any problems.
Anxiouz
GameTZ Subscriber 900 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 10-May(#76)
Kommie wrote:
> Doesn't Nintendo deny Joy Con drift though?

Yep. They just made statements saying "some" people have had issues but their general support can help them. Not saying how much that actually support/replacement would cost someone.

If they admit it they will be legally liable to fix every single controller like a random car recall for an interior light that won't turn off which ends up costing the company millions. If they just suggest ways to fix "random issues" it stays vague and ambiguous. N will never admit the issue.
PNWlakers
Gold Good Trader
10-May(#77)
since the thread seems to be talking about controllers...

I've only rocked the handled or joycon/controller and think i finally need to get a real controller. I'm an avid X1 player and think that if i were to get a better controller I'd be able to play the switch for longer periods of time.

Is the pro controller the best one on the market? (also anyone trading one :) )
Johnny
GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
10-May(#78)
PNWlakers wrote:
> since the thread seems to be talking about controllers...
>
> I've only rocked the handled or joycon/controller and think i finally need to get
> a real controller. I'm an avid X1 player and think that if i were to get a better
> controller I'd be able to play the switch for longer periods of time.
>
> Is the pro controller the best one on the market? (also anyone trading one :) )

The pro controller is amazing. I highly recommend it and think it would solve your problem.
JD
400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-May(#79)
I'm using ps4 controller on switch its better
longhornsk57
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
11-May(#80)
I prefer the Pro controller 100% over the DS4.

it's way nicer in pretty much every.

Topic   Nintendo Switch! (IDs and codes)