VideoGame_Discussion

Topic   PlayStation 5 Discussion Thread

Frank
GameTZ Subscriber 750 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) Has Written 11 Reviews
11-Jun-2020(#1)
This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/VideoGame_Discussion/playstation...






























Let's discuss Sony's latest console, the PlayStation 5!


sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
11-Sep(#2)
I am disappointed in the new Life is Strange. I'm playing on PC and the graphics are just crap. The faces look weird and the story isn't really there. I find Alex annoying.

Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
11-Sep(#3)
sinnie wrote:
> I am disappointed in the new Life is Strange. I'm playing on PC and the graphics
> are just crap. The faces look weird and the story isn't really there. I find Alex
> annoying.
>
>

Thats sad to hear. Been kinda looking forward to this one.
sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
11-Sep(#4)
Dasgessabel wrote:
> sinnie wrote:
>> I am disappointed in the new Life is Strange. I'm playing on PC and the graphics
>> are just crap. The faces look weird and the story isn't really there. I find Alex
>> annoying.
>>
> |>
>
> Thats sad to hear. Been kinda looking forward to this one.

My main gripes is so far (I have beaten Chapter 1) the choices don't seem to make much difference. Exploring isn't really worth anything, there's not been any easter eggs or anything. The super power is kind of dumb, if it can be called a power at all. Maybe it progresses. I'm going to finish the entire thing. I'm starting to think had they released it per episode like the others, people wouldn't have bothered after the first chapter.
I actually find Gage more interesting than Alex (her brother.) Steph is pretty cool too but don't know much about her. Has serious Chloe vibes.

They really should have just made a new Max game whether it was with or without Chloe.

Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
11-Sep(#5)
Kommie wrote:
> It's been a while since I played one, but why not?

I think you just quoted as to why not...
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
12-Sep(#6)
Shane12m wrote:
> Kommie wrote:
>> It's been a while since I played one, but why not?
>
> I think you just quoted as to why not...

Referring to why not have the option for 60 FPS if people want it
DrizzDrizzDrizz
Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Croatia
12-Sep(#7)
Sun wrote:
> Played through What Remains of Edith Finch. Very similar to Gone Home.
>
> Still trying decide what longer game to play next.

I only briefly played Gone Home but loved Edith Finch, I thought it was way more "dynamic" than what I saw of Gone Home though

Also is Gone Home the one that's somehow connected to the Bioshock games?
KCPenguins
Gold Good Trader
* 12-Sep(#8)
Just seeing this now. Anyone know how a THQ company is remaking KotOR when EA owns the rights to Star Wars and Bioware?
Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 12-Sep(#9)
sinnie wrote:
> Dasgessabel wrote:
>> sinnie wrote:
> |>> I am disappointed in the new Life is Strange. I'm playing on PC and the graphics
> |>> are just crap. The faces look weird and the story isn't really there. I find
> Alex
> |>> annoying.
> |>>
>> |>
>>
>> Thats sad to hear. Been kinda looking forward to this one.
>
> My main gripes is so far (I have beaten Chapter 1) the choices don't seem to make
> much difference. Exploring isn't really worth anything, there's not been any easter
> eggs or anything. The super power is kind of dumb, if it can be called a power at
> all. Maybe it progresses. I'm going to finish the entire thing. I'm starting to think
> had they released it per episode like the others, people wouldn't have bothered after
> the first chapter.
> I actually find Gage more interesting than Alex (her brother.) Steph is pretty cool
> too but don't know much about her. Has serious Chloe vibes.
>
> They really should have just made a new Max game whether it was with or without Chloe.
>
>

I'm starting to feel like the first LiS and Before the Storm to a lesser extent, is something they are not going to be able to achieve a second time. LiS 2 also wasn't very good to me
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
* 12-Sep(#10)
KCPenguins wrote:
> Just seeing this now. Anyone know how a THQ company is remaking KotOR when EA owns
> the rights to Star Wars and Bioware?

EA does not own the rights to KotoR, because Bioware never did. LucasArts does. Which means Disney does. And a couple years ago they decided to start letting people other than EA handle their franchises for video games (due to the contract for exclusivity with EA expiring, and Disney not wanting to renew it). Which lead to Bethesda jumping on an Indian Jones game. And Massive Entertainment will be working with Ubisoft to make a new open world Star Wars game. So its no shock they let THQ Nordic take over the remake for KotoR. And it was then a no brainier to hand it to Aspyr since half of that company is the original team from Bioware who made KotoR. The remake should be amazing.
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
12-Sep(#11)
Dasgessabel wrote:
> sinnie wrote:
>> Dasgessabel wrote:
> |>> sinnie wrote:
>> |>> I am disappointed in the new Life is Strange. I'm playing on PC and the graphics
>> |>> are just crap. The faces look weird and the story isn't really there. I find
>> Alex
>> |>> annoying.
>> |>>
> |>> |>
> |>>
> |>> Thats sad to hear. Been kinda looking forward to this one.
>>
>> My main gripes is so far (I have beaten Chapter 1) the choices don't seem to make
>> much difference. Exploring isn't really worth anything, there's not been any easter
>> eggs or anything. The super power is kind of dumb, if it can be called a power
> at
>> all. Maybe it progresses. I'm going to finish the entire thing. I'm starting to
> think
>> had they released it per episode like the others, people wouldn't have bothered
> after
>> the first chapter.
>> I actually find Gage more interesting than Alex (her brother.) Steph is pretty
> cool
>> too but don't know much about her. Has serious Chloe vibes.
>>
>> They really should have just made a new Max game whether it was with or without
> Chloe.
>>
>>
>
> I'm starting to feel like the first LiS and Before the Storm to a lesser extent,
> is something they are not going to be able to achieve a second time. LiS 2 also wasn't
> very good to me

I feel the same Dasgessabel. I loved the first one. And the prequel was good. I hated 2. And hated the other one not named LiS even more. The one from last year or two years ago. About the two sisters (one was trans). I couldn't finish either of those. I didn't care about the characters (story didn't grab me), and the game play was boring to me. I'm not even going to attempt to try this new one because of those last two games. I feel like they hit lightening in a bottle with the first one. And its just been down hill since trying to recapture that, and they never will.
KCPenguins
Gold Good Trader
* 12-Sep(#12)
Archer wrote:
> KCPenguins wrote:
>> Just seeing this now. Anyone know how a THQ company is remaking KotOR when EA
> owns
>> the rights to Star Wars and Bioware?
>
> EA does not own the rights to KotoR, because Bioware never did. LucasArts does. Which
> means Disney does. And a couple years ago they decided to start letting people other
> than EA handle their franchises for video games (due to the contract for exclusivity
> with EA expiring, and Disney not wanting to renew it). Which lead to Bethesda jumping
> on an Indian Jones game. And Massive Entertainment will be working with Ubisoft to
> make a new open world Star Wars game. So its no shock they let THQ Nordic take over
> the remake for KotoR. And it was then a no brainier to hand it to Aspyr since half
> of that company is the original team from Bioware who made KotoR. The remake should
> be amazing.


That's good, except making it PS5/PC exclusive. As someone who doesn't own either system or should be on Xbox as well.

I wish the NFL would open back up competition on sim games. Madden 22 looks like a joke.
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
12-Sep(#13)
KCPenguins wrote:
> Archer wrote:
>> KCPenguins wrote:
> |>> Just seeing this now. Anyone know how a THQ company is remaking KotOR when EA
>> owns
> |>> the rights to Star Wars and Bioware?
>>
>> EA does not own the rights to KotoR, because Bioware never did. LucasArts does.
> Which
>> means Disney does. And a couple years ago they decided to start letting people
> other
>> than EA handle their franchises for video games (due to the contract for exclusivity
>> with EA expiring, and Disney not wanting to renew it). Which lead to Bethesda
> jumping
>> on an Indian Jones game. And Massive Entertainment will be working with Ubisoft
> to
>> make a new open world Star Wars game. So its no shock they let THQ Nordic take
> over
>> the remake for KotoR. And it was then a no brainier to hand it to Aspyr since
> half
>> of that company is the original team from Bioware who made KotoR. The remake should
>> be amazing.
>
>
> That's good, except making it PS5/PC exclusive. As someone who doesn't own either
> system or should be on Xbox as well.
>
> I wish the NFL would open back up competition on sim games. Madden 22 looks like
> a joke.

Its just a timed exclusive. Sony even went out of their way to say in the presentation after like 8 games, the following games will be Sony console exclusives (people seem to have missed this for some reason). Which meant everything prior was not a full exclusive. And KotoR was the opening game. Then after presentation they said it was a timed exclusive and was only avaible first on PS. So figure about a year probably. And I'd imagine with Xbox's relationship with THQ, it ends up on GP day one when it does hit Xbox.
Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
12-Sep(#14)
Archer wrote:
> I feel the same Dasgessabel. I loved the first one. And the prequel was good. I hated
> 2. And hated the other one not named LiS even more. The one from last year or two
> years ago. About the two sisters (one was trans). I couldn't finish either of those.
> I didn't care about the characters (story didn't grab me), and the game play was
> boring to me. I'm not even going to attempt to try this new one because of those
> last two games. I feel like they hit lightening in a bottle with the first one. And
> its just been down hill since trying to recapture that, and they never will.

The only one I didn't finish was LiS 2. I finished the one about the trans characters because I kept hoping it would get better but by the end, it was just a game I had beat and didn't care about that much. I'm not sure what they can do to turn it around, but these recent releases aren't it.
KCPenguins
Gold Good Trader
12-Sep(#15)
Archer wrote:
> KCPenguins wrote:
>> Archer wrote:
> |>> KCPenguins wrote:
>> |>> Just seeing this now. Anyone know how a THQ company is remaking KotOR when
> EA
> |>> owns
>> |>> the rights to Star Wars and Bioware?
> |>>
> |>> EA does not own the rights to KotoR, because Bioware never did. LucasArts does.
>> Which
> |>> means Disney does. And a couple years ago they decided to start letting people
>> other
> |>> than EA handle their franchises for video games (due to the contract for exclusivity
> |>> with EA expiring, and Disney not wanting to renew it). Which lead to Bethesda
>> jumping
> |>> on an Indian Jones game. And Massive Entertainment will be working with Ubisoft
>> to
> |>> make a new open world Star Wars game. So its no shock they let THQ Nordic take
>> over
> |>> the remake for KotoR. And it was then a no brainier to hand it to Aspyr since
>> half
> |>> of that company is the original team from Bioware who made KotoR. The remake
> should
> |>> be amazing.
>>
>>
>> That's good, except making it PS5/PC exclusive. As someone who doesn't own either
>> system or should be on Xbox as well.
>>
>> I wish the NFL would open back up competition on sim games. Madden 22 looks like
>> a joke.
>
> Its just a timed exclusive. Sony even went out of their way to say in the presentation
> after like 8 games, the following games will be Sony console exclusives (people seem
> to have missed this for some reason). Which meant everything prior was not a full
> exclusive. And KotoR was the opening game. Then after presentation they said it was
> a timed exclusive and was only avaible first on PS. So figure about a year probably.
> And I'd imagine with Xbox's relationship with THQ, it ends up on GP day one when
> it does hit Xbox.


I only saw PC, but that doesn't rule out Xbox. Would love a downgraded port on Switch, but that ain't happening.
sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
12-Sep(#16)
I keep hearing from people online to play all of LiS 3 before reviewing it. I kinda agree, but again had they been released 1 episode at a time, it would have bombed based on the first episode. I hope it gets better. I haven't had time to get any further into it this weekend but am hoping it picks up.

Sun
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
12-Sep(#17)
Decided I'm gonna play Untitled Goose Game and Until Dawn next.
MrBean
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 1 Review This user is on the site NOW (2 minutes ago)
12-Sep(#18)
Needed a quick filter till Deathloop. Finally opened Injustice 2. Overall, better than expected, actually enjoyed it quite a bit.
Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
13-Sep(#19)
Still have no update on when Bandai Namco is gonna ship that CE of Tales of Arise, BUT Deathloop comes in tomorrow so I got something to hold me over until it gets here. Works out pretty good, as long as they don't just cancel my CE (heard some people got cancellations today).
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
13-Sep(#20)
Dasgessabel wrote:
> Still have no update on when Bandai Namco is gonna ship that CE of Tales of Arise,
> BUT Deathloop comes in tomorrow so I got something to hold me over until it gets
> here. Works out pretty good, as long as they don't just cancel my CE (heard some
> people got cancellations today).

That will be lame. I'm still hoping the Bandai Namco store sells a Elden Ring CE but that will definitely outsell the Tales of Arise
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
13-Sep(#21)
Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
13-Sep(#22)
Kommie wrote:
> Dasgessabel wrote:
>> Still have no update on when Bandai Namco is gonna ship that CE of Tales of Arise,
>> BUT Deathloop comes in tomorrow so I got something to hold me over until it gets
>> here. Works out pretty good, as long as they don't just cancel my CE (heard some
>> people got cancellations today).
>
> That will be lame. I'm still hoping the Bandai Namco store sells a Elden Ring CE
> but that will definitely outsell the Tales of Arise

Yah if they do have one, I'm gonna try to grab that as well.
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
13-Sep(#23)
Kommie wrote:

Can anyone see this image? Or is it just me who can not see it? All I get is the image text. And if I open in new tab I get a code string at the top (RDT-20210913-1711081256652947388449637) and a big ass blank white page.
Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
13-Sep(#24)
Archer wrote:
>
> Can anyone see this image? Or is it just me who can not see it? All I get is the
> image text. And if I open in new tab I get a code string at the top (RDT-20210913-1711081256652947388449637)
> and a big ass blank white page.

I see it okay on the website, couldn't see it on my phone for some reason.
Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
13-Sep(#25)
Dasgessabel wrote:
> Archer wrote:
>>
>> Can anyone see this image? Or is it just me who can not see it? All I get is the
>> image text. And if I open in new tab I get a code string at the top (RDT-20210913-1711081256652947388449637)
>> and a big ass blank white page.
>
> I see it okay on the website, couldn't see it on my phone for some reason.

Interesting. Opposite for me. It doesn't work on my computer. But I just used my phone, and the image loads fine on my phone. Very odd.
Scott
GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 2 Reviews
13-Sep(#26)
Is it possible to use an Xbox One controller on PS4/PS5?
BJB
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
13-Sep(#27)
Technically, yes but you need extra peripherals like the Titan One
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
14-Sep(#28)
So whose gonna get the Elden Foot. . ER I mean Elden Ring?

3hitcombo
GameTZ Subscriber 650 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9)
14-Sep(#29)
Where's a link to
This foot?

sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
14-Sep(#30)
Who got Deathloop? To be honest I forgot it came out.

Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
14-Sep(#31)
sinnie wrote:
> Who got Deathloop? To be honest I forgot it came out.
>
>

I'm waiting to finish Tales of Arise first. Which I'm really enjoying so far. About 8 hours in.
Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
14-Sep(#32)
sinnie wrote:
> Who got Deathloop? To be honest I forgot it came out.
>

My copy came in today, just haven't cracked it open yet. Work is dumb
SilverOwl
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
14-Sep(#33)
I'm really liking Deathloop. Its different and new and I like it.
sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
14-Sep(#34)
Steam has it as mixed reviews. I put it in my wishlist though. I got way too many other things to finish at the moment.

Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
14-Sep(#35)
sinnie wrote:
> Steam has it as mixed reviews. I put it in my wishlist though. I got way too many
> other things to finish at the moment.
>
>

It's because of some sort of PC stuttering issue, so not necessarily the game being bad.
Dasgessabel
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
14-Sep(#36)
Just got my shipping notice for the Tales of Arise CE. I chose standard shipping at checkout but they upgraded it to 2 day for free because of the delay. So with that and the digital code I sold on here, Bandai Namco handled that very well, probably the best I've ever had a delayed order handled by a video game company.
TalonJedi87
Triple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
14-Sep(#37)
Amazon still hasn't set up a delivery date for me yet for Deathloop and I preordered it a couple months back. Odd.
Bleed_DukeBlue
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
14-Sep(#38)
I'm starting it tonight once everyone's asleep.

sinnie wrote:
> Who got Deathloop? To be honest I forgot it came out.
>
>
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
14-Sep(#39)
Archer wrote:
> sinnie wrote:
>> Who got Deathloop? To be honest I forgot it came out.
>>
>>
>
> I'm waiting to finish Tales of Arise first. Which I'm really enjoying so far. About
> 8 hours in.

Me too, just barely started. Had to set up a new phone. No interest in death loop on my end though. After Arise, I have plenty of switch games to beat.

Bleed_DukeBlue
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader
* 15-Sep(#40)
I got past the first three areas of Deathloop, and it's actually pretty linear, but you can forge your own path. There are arrows that point to objectives (although you can go a different way, which is often more interesting). It's also not anymore hardcore than Dishonored 2. You can die three times in an area before failing and having to restart a mission, but each mission is in a self-contained level, so you can lose all your weapons, but you don't go back to the very beginning if you run out of revives --just to the beginning of the mission. The story is intriguing so far, and you pick up pieces of it as you go along (and, thankfully, not through a million collectibles).
longhornsk57
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
15-Sep(#41)
Bleed_DukeBlue wrote:
> and, thankfully, not through a million collectibles).

Oh man I hate those types of games. Sounds pretty good so far, may end up picking this one up.
BJB
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
15-Sep(#42)
I was def interested in it at first, but after watching IGN's review, I dont think it's my kind of game. They said it was a good, fun game but it didnt look interesting to me
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
15-Sep(#43)
Tales of Arise has already dropped in price by $10 everywhere, it seems.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
15-Sep(#44)
The ole 2 point launch game boost. Every game review in this 18 month launch window will be overrated. Been through them all.
Sun
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
15-Sep(#45)
Started and finished Untitled Goose Game in one evening. Pretty entertaining even if the controls were a bit clunky.

Decided to revisit Detroit: Become Human after playing the first chapter a while back. Enjoying it as I've been playing many story-driven games with minimal gameplay (Life is Strange: Before The Storm, What Remains of Edith Finch, etc.) after spending so many hours on Spider-Man Remastered. It's weird to play as one of the doctor's from Grey's Anatomy though lol.
kevolones
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
15-Sep(#46)
Kommie wrote:
> Tales of Arise has already dropped in price by $10 everywhere, it seems.

I havent seen the price drop yet. Its still $60 at amazon
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
15-Sep(#47)
kevolones wrote:
> Kommie wrote:
>> Tales of Arise has already dropped in price by $10 everywhere, it seems.
>
> I havent seen the price drop yet. Its still $60 at amazon

Oh, saw some Twitter notifications that it was. Wal Mart is $10 off though
Shane12m
Triple Gold Good Trader
* 15-Sep(#48)
Walmart is always $10 cheaper FYI
kevolones
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
15-Sep(#49)
Shane12m wrote:
> Walmart is always $10 cheaper FYI

Not on my Walmart lol.

They still have extremely old games for like $60.
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
15-Sep(#50)
It's cheaper on WalMart.com right now.
Groo
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
16-Sep(#51)
$49.94 @Gamestop too

ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Sep(#52)
might have to start buying new games on walmart or gamestop. Must have free shipping of course. The thing about best buy and amazon. . . at least most of the time, I get the game on release DAY. So that's nice.

Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
16-Sep(#53)
Its also apparently already sold over a million copies. Fastest selling Tales of game.
EB
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
16-Sep(#54)
With my pretty large backlog, and Deathloop coming Saturday, I'm struggling to get back into Returnal in the gaps. Biome 3 is just brutal. I've only made it into the boss once in about 7 hours, and I died instantly then.

Heavyd814life
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13)
16-Sep(#55)
sinnie wrote:
> I keep hearing from people online to play all of LiS 3 before reviewing it. I kinda
> agree, but again had they been released 1 episode at a time, it would have bombed
> based on the first episode. I hope it gets better. I haven't had time to get any
> further into it this weekend but am hoping it picks up.
>
>

Has it grown on you yet? It's a slow burn. A very slow burn. Chapter 1 just kinda sets the stage and introduces you to the characters and the town. It's not like things start moving at breakneck speed after chapter 1 or anything, but I think it all comes together really well. It's not on the level of LiS, Detroit, or TWD, but it's still a really awesome experience!

sinnie
GameTZ Subscriber 600 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
16-Sep(#56)
Heavyd814life wrote:
> sinnie wrote:
>> I keep hearing from people online to play all of LiS 3 before reviewing it. I
> kinda
>> agree, but again had they been released 1 episode at a time, it would have bombed
>> based on the first episode. I hope it gets better. I haven't had time to get any
>> further into it this weekend but am hoping it picks up.
>>
>>
>
> Has it grown on you yet? It's a slow burn. A very slow burn. Chapter 1 just kinda
> sets the stage and introduces you to the characters and the town. It's not like things
> start moving at breakneck speed after chapter 1 or anything, but I think it all comes
> together really well. It's not on the level of LiS, Detroit, or TWD, but it's still
> a really awesome experience!
>
>

Sadly due to overtime this week I haven't been able to get back to it. I will try to put some hours into it tomorrow since I get a later start. I saw your review on it and so I'm hopeful it gets better! I'm sure it does. I mean LiS2 took a while to warm up as well!

Orlandu
Double Gold Good Trader
17-Sep(#57)
I just got my invite to buy a PS5 direct from Sony. It should be here tomorrow. Very excited!

Question for anyone who can help me. I'd like to be able to play the PS5 versions of Spider-Man and Miles Morales. I have the PS4 Spider-Man GOTY. What is the cheapest way for me to get the PS5 versions? I don't care what the case art is, but it's honestly hard for me to follow all of the editions.
WithinTemptation
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
17-Sep(#58)
Orlandu wrote:
> I just got my invite to buy a PS5 direct from Sony. It should be here tomorrow.
> Very excited!
>
> Question for anyone who can help me. I'd like to be able to play the PS5 versions
> of Spider-Man and Miles Morales. I have the PS4 Spider-Man GOTY. What is the cheapest
> way for me to get the PS5 versions? I don't care what the case art is, but it's
> honestly hard for me to follow all of the editions.

MM is a separate game from Spiderman GOTY. Your best bet would be to find a cheap PS4 MM disc. Once you insert the disc you will get the option to download the PS5 version for free. I've seen them for $20-$30. If your a GameFly member you can do the "keep" option for only $20.

I've also seen the PS5 version on sale, I'd avoid the gold version or whatever its called as it will only give you a code for the 2018 GOTY which you already own.
Sun
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
* 17-Sep(#59)
Orlandu wrote:
> Question for anyone who can help me. I'd like to be able to play the PS5 versions
> of Spider-Man and Miles Morales. I have the PS4 Spider-Man GOTY. What is the cheapest
> way for me to get the PS5 versions? I don't care what the case art is, but it's
> honestly hard for me to follow all of the editions.

Per @WithinTemptation, get a PS4 or PS5 Mile Morales disc cheap. Cheapest seem to be on Facebook Marketplace. Once you do, if it's the PS4 disc, put that PS4 Mile Morales disc in the PS4 and download the PS5 version. Then you should be able to upgrade to the Ultimate Edition via Miles Morales PS5 in game menu for $20 by pressing L1. That should give you the ability to download Spider-Man Remastered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYMRukOR-PE

I just played through Spider-Man Remastered and all of the DLC on PS5 and it was amazing. I plan to play Miles Morales after playing some other games.
EB
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
17-Sep(#60)
So excited - Deathloop got here today! Thought it wasn't gonna get here till tomorrow, which meant I would have had to wait to play until Monday (thanks campus mail rolls eyes). Played through the first day and even killed Julianna first try. It's taking me some time to figure out the control scheme and such, but I'm enjoying it.

Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
17-Sep(#61)
EB wrote:
> So excited - Deathloop got here today! Thought it wasn't gonna get here till tomorrow,
> which meant I would have had to wait to play until Monday (thanks campus mail rolls eyes).
> Played through the first day and even killed Julianna first try. It's taking me some
> time to figure out the control scheme and such, but I'm enjoying it.
>
>

I would not trust bringing a PS5 to an on campus setting
EB
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
17-Sep(#62)
Kommie wrote:
> I would not trust bringing a PS5 to an on campus setting

It's definitely been a concern of mine, but I don't have a roommate and the doors stay locked when closed so it's generally not a concern.
Orlandu
Double Gold Good Trader
17-Sep(#63)
@Sun @WithinTemptation Thank you for the replies. I skipped out on the PS4 Pro so I'm trying to catch up on all of the enhanced PS4/free PS5 upgrade games.
Dr_Spaceman
Quadruple Gold Good Trader
17-Sep(#64)
EB wrote:
> Kommie wrote:
>> I would not trust bringing a PS5 to an on campus setting
>
> It's definitely been a concern of mine, but I don't have a roommate and the doors
> stay locked when closed so it's generally not a concern.
>

I remember college. When I attended, the Wii was the hot new system and I was super stoked to get one off this site. Such good times and how time flies. The Wii is an artifact now
Sun
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
18-Sep(#65)
Finished a play through of Detroit: Become Human. It was enjoyable.
benstylus
GameTZ Subscriber GameTZ Full Moderator 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
18-Sep(#66)
Sun wrote:
> Finished a play through of Detroit: Become Human. It was enjoyable.

@Kommie will be here to refute your enjoyment shortly
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
18-Sep(#67)
benstylus wrote:
> Sun wrote:
>> Finished a play through of Detroit: Become Human. It was enjoyable.
>
> @Kommie will be here to refute your enjoyment shortly

The only enjoyable part is the Connor/Hank storyline. The rest is the most un subtle, pretentious crap ever. But that's David Cage's M.O. I believe.
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 18-Sep(#68)
https://thegamepost.com/2021/09/18/quantic-dream-s...

Quantic Dream rumored to be making a Star Wars game. It will be bad.

Random Reddit comment I LOLed at about it :

"Don't deny you aren't interested to play it. David Cage will nail George Lucas's wooden writing spectacularly. It will be the continuation of the prequels we've always wanted."
Sun
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 5 Reviews
19-Sep(#69)
Kommie wrote:
> benstylus wrote:
>> Sun wrote:
> |>> Finished a play through of Detroit: Become Human. It was enjoyable.
>>
>> @Kommie will be here to refute your enjoyment shortly
>
> The only enjoyable part is the Connor/Hank storyline. The rest is the most un subtle,
> pretentious crap ever. But that's David Cage's M.O. I believe.

Upon a quick reflection, I agree that the Connor/Hank dynamic and gameplay was the best part of the game and the other 2 playable characters was less so.
benstylus
GameTZ Subscriber GameTZ Full Moderator 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
19-Sep(#70)
Kommie wrote:
>
> Quantic Dream rumored to be making a Star Wars game. It will be bad.
>
> Random Reddit comment I LOLed at about it :
>
> "Don't deny you aren't interested to play it. David Cage will nail George Lucas's
> wooden writing spectacularly. It will be the continuation of the prequels we've always
> wanted."

I hope he focuses on the prequel trilogy. That way reviewers can say it's the like prequel trilogy of games about the prequel trilogy.
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
19-Sep(#71)
benstylus wrote:
> Kommie wrote:
>>
>> Quantic Dream rumored to be making a Star Wars game. It will be bad.
>>
>> Random Reddit comment I LOLed at about it :
>>
>> "Don't deny you aren't interested to play it. David Cage will nail George Lucas's
>> wooden writing spectacularly. It will be the continuation of the prequels we've
> always
>> wanted."
>
> I hope he focuses on the prequel trilogy. That way reviewers can say it's the like
> prequel trilogy of games about the prequel trilogy.

There are a lot of people now who unironically say the PT is the best cause they hate the ST.
benstylus
GameTZ Subscriber GameTZ Full Moderator 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
19-Sep(#72)
Those people are categorically wrong. (About the prequel trilogy, I don't have any opinions on the Disney era stuff).

Episode III ranks among the worst movies I've ever seen in terms of plot, writing, and acting.
Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
19-Sep(#73)
I thought Episode 3 was the best of the PT (but this doesn't mean it's good either) but I haven't watched any of them again since the theatrical release and hopefully never do.
Feeb
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally This user is on the site NOW (7 minutes ago)
19-Sep(#74)
If you're watching SW as if it's art in any capacity I think you're doing it wrong. Just check out the Kurosawa films it ripped off.
EB
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
* 19-Sep(#75)
I think my Star Wars opinions are probably controversial: I don't care about the main films, most of the time. I like the original trilogy alright, but other than that I can skip them (though I don't despise watching them).

I much prefer Rogue One, Solo, Mandalorian, etc to the main films. The more fringe stories interest me way more than the Jedi/Sith space opera.

Kommie
250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
19-Sep(#76)
Feeb wrote:
> If you're watching SW as if it's art in any capacity I think you're doing it wrong.
> Just check out the Kurosawa films it ripped off.

Or read Dune. It ripped a lot off from Dune.
benstylus
GameTZ Subscriber GameTZ Full Moderator 550 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (9) Has Written 26 Reviews
19-Sep(#77)
Kommie wrote:
> Feeb wrote:
>> If you're watching SW as if it's art in any capacity I think you're doing it wrong.
>> Just check out the Kurosawa films it ripped off.
>
> Or read Dune. It ripped a lot off from Dune.

Until they make Lego Dune or Lego The Hidden Fortress, I'll keep enjoying the Star Wars universe thank you very much.
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
19-Sep(#78)
Oh Lego Dune. Now THAT would be day one. Lego The Matrix. Lego Mad Max. Lego Avatar. That is my wish list.

EB
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader
* 19-Sep(#79)
Lego Mad Max would be awesome.

Archer
GameTZ Subscriber 500 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
19-Sep(#80)
I want a Lego Souls game.

Topic   PlayStation 5 Discussion Thread