Vintage_Games

Topic   RTT Nintendo Entertainment System NEC PC Engine Duo-R Sega Mega Drive (Japan) Sega Saturn Sega Dreamcast Sega CD Nintendo 64 Sega Master System PlayStation PlayStation 2 Famicom Disk System

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
* 11-Aug-2016(#1)
image Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Retro Trade Thread Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall image

Let's Play Together! - January
Sega Genesis Streets of Rage
Achievement Icon: image
Bonus Icon: Beat Streets of Rage 2 & 3 image

Let's Play Together! - December
Sega Mega Drive (Europe) Pulse Man

Who's On?
BleedingViolet GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
BloodPuppetX GameTZ Subscriber 300 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
image Dashey GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 1 Review Secret Santa
DefaultGen GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews Secret Santa
image DiamondDave GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
dunno001 GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
ErickRPG GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
FrictionPin GameTZ Gold Subscriber Gold Good Trader
Gredler Double Gold Good Trader
GreenCard200 Bronze Good Trader
Gypsy GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
JD 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
jsoncip38 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
image image Lunar GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
Kevster GameTZ Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Secret Santa
Missile Gold Good Trader
Noid Gold Good Trader
PlayYing GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
Rune_Walsh GameTZ Subscriber 250 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Canada
image sharif GameTZ Gold Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
sailorneorune GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
Snatcher Quadruple Gold Good Trader Has Written 1 Review
Tad GameTZ Subscriber 1000 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (13) Secret Santa
tonymack21 GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
Wheels617 GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
WithinTemptation Quadruple Gold Good Trader

Custom Icons - Right click on image, copy image address, use img tags with {} or []
image image image image image image image image image image image image image

new Thread Description
Wow, can't believe it's been more than a year since we started RTT. I feel like we have become a community of our own within GameTZ. We have our regulars and even some new comers. I hope 2018 brings us more like-minded retro gamers who will come here for a place of retro inspiration. When I started Retro Trade Thead (RTT), it was called "The Retro Trading Thread", kinda like how FB was "The Facebook", heh, I was just hoping for a group of retro gamers who share the passion and the thrill of collecting and playing Retro games. The result so far has exceeded my expectations and more. I am playing more retro games than ever and while my collecting is on and off, I know I have been enjoying more retro gaming in 2017 than my previous 5 years combined. I hope RTT members have similar experiences. 2018 will be an even better year, as we have established group events like RTT Secret Santa and our monthly Game of the Month, which is getting more popular as more people participate. I am hoping to bring RTT Podcast in 2018 where 2-3 RTT members will talk about monthly topics and other aspects of retro collecting.

Retro game buying and selling, collecting, playing, collectarding, upscaling, speedrunning....whatever your retro passion is, RTT will have a place for you and for everyone who participates in our discussions, whether occasionally or frequently, will continue to find value and fun in our thread.

Thank you for participating and making RTT the hottest topic every month in 2017!

Old Topic Description


This thread was originally created to encourage traders here at GTZ to do more trading, especially retro related stuff. It has turned into a lot more and I am so grateful to everyone who contributed to this thread and have kept it going for nearly 6 months now. I hope this thread will continue to thrive and everyone who reads/participates in this thread will gain some value or knowledge out of it.

We will still have Trade lists up here, though it's been a while since anyone updated. I encourage everyone to look over their lists and post updates.
There is also a section for gorgeous pictures of game rooms that active participants of this thread have shared. Feel free to share some pics of your collection or game room.
I will be adding another section for information regarding video quality of retro gaming systems on modern displays and how to improve them.
There is rather some extensive discussion regarding how to improve the display quality of retro gaming systems and if you are new to this like I am, you will find it very informative.

Old Old Topic Description


GTZ has become a marketplace where the most commonly traded commodity is PayPal. I want to start an effort to get some trades going and to discuss some good games perhaps you never heard of or interested in but want to discover/know more of. For example, I just got intto shmups after years of ignoring the genre and I love to discover new(to me) and rediscover old ones(Sonic Wings comes to mind).

No pressure here. Feel free to discuss anything retro. Perhaps throw out some WTTF targets and what you have to offer. I am sick of browsing people's year old Available lists.

Some examples:

- WTTF/WTB/LF
- What you think is awesome game/series/whatever
- Potential games you have up for trade
- Pics of what you have/what you would love to get/what you think is the bestest awesomest game ever
- Show off your latest finds/adds to your collection

3rd Generation: Nintendo Entertainment System Famicom Sega Master System Atari
4th Generation: Super Nintendo Super Famicom Sega Genesis Mega Drive (Japan) Sega CD Sega Mega CD NEC TurboGrafx-16 NEC PC Engine Neo Geo CD-i (Compact Disc Interactive)
5th Generation: PlayStation Sega Saturn Nintendo 64 3DO Sega 32X Virtual Boy Atari Jaguar NEC PC-FX
6th Generation: PlayStation 2 Sega Dreamcast Microsoft Xbox Nintendo GameCube
Handheld: PlayStation Portable Game Boy Game Boy Color Game Boy Advance Nintendo DS Game Gear Nokia N-Gage Atari Lynx

Info on Improving the Quality of Video Output For Retro Systems on Modern Displays
Coming Soon

In the meantime , check out:

My Experience with Upscaling (DVDO Processors)
https://www.youtube.com/user/mylifeingaming

Reference Links
http://retrorgb.com/
http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/

Retro Resources
The PC Engine Bible
Neo Geo Master List
Famicom Game List

Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall Nall



Let's Play Together!


Sega Genesis Streets of Rage - January 2018
Sega Mega Drive (Europe) Pulse Man - December 2017
Super Nintendo Mega Man X - November 2017
Nintendo Entertainment System Monster in My Pocket - October 2017
Nintendo Entertainment System Castlevania - September 2017
Nintendo Entertainment System Ninja Gaiden - August 2017


Achievement Icons


Games Beat in 2018
Lunar's Completed Games in 2018

Sega Mega Drive (Europe) Pulse Man (1-1-18)


Games Beat in 2017
Gypsy's Completed Games in 2017

PC Engine - Cyber Core, Download, PC Denjin, PC Genjin 3, Ranma 1/2 - Datō, Ganso Musabetsu Kakutō-ryū!, Ys IV, Outrun, Castlevania Rondo of Blood, Sapphire, Star Parodier, Vigilante
PC-FX - Zeroigar
NES - Super Mario Bros 3
SNES - Super Metroid
N64 - Banjo Kazooie
Gamecube - Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (hard mode)
Wii - Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Wii U - Super Mario 3D World
Genesis - Sonic 2
Sega CD - Snatcher
32x - Doom 32x
Saturn - X-Men vs Street Fighter, Shining Force III, Crows: The Battle Action
Dreamcast - Giga Wing 2
PS1 - Wild Arms
PS2 - Homura, Psyvariar, XII Stag
PS3 -Trails of Cold Steel
PS4 - Caladrius Blaze, Uncharted 4, Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami
Xbox - Dead Man's Hand
Xbox 360 - Bullet Soul, Bullet Soul Infinite Burst
GBA - Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
DS - Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
3DS - Fire Emblem Awakening
PSP - Ys VII
Vita - Memories of Celceta
PC - Red Alert 2, The Witcher


Lunar's Completed Games in 2017

Sega CD Lords of Thunder (2-3-17)
PlayStation 2 Mushihimesama (2-15-17)
Sega Saturn X-Men vs. Street Fighter (2-17-17)
Neo Geo Sonic Wings 3 (4-17-17)
NEC PC Engine NEC CD-ROM 2 Red Alert (5-16-2017)
NEC PC Engine NEC CD-ROM 2 Seirei Senshi Spriggan (5-17-2017)
PlayStation Portable Neo Geo Heroes: Ultimate Shooting (5-19-2017)
Sega Saturn Street Fighter Alpha (6-3-2017) w/Ryu on 4 Stars
image Arcade Gears Wonder 3 (7-24-2017)
Nintendo Switch Kamiko (7-30-2017) w/Yamato
Nintendo Switch Kamiko (7-30-2017) w/Uzume
PlayStation 4 Root Letter (7-31-2017) Crossing Paths Ending
Nintendo Switch Kamiko (8-4-2017) w/Hinome
Super Famicom Ghost Sweeper Mikami (8-7-2017)
Super Famicom Final Fight (8-13-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Ninja Gaiden (8-14-2017) Clear Time - 1:27
Nintendo Entertainment System Contra (8-18-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Bucky O'Hare (8-18-2017)
PlayStation Bust-A-Groove (8-25-2017) w/Heat
Famicom Akumajou Dracula (9-10-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Shadow of the Ninja (9-15-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (9-22-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Monster in my Pocket (10-6-2017)
Microsoft Xbox One Rare Replay - Battletoads Arcade (12-2-2017)
Nintendo Entertainment System Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (12-2-2017)


razeak's Completed Games in 2017

Atari 2600 Junior - Alien 12/31/2017
Atari 5200 - Return of the Jedi: Death Star Battle 2/4/2017

Nintendo Entertainment System - Mega Man 4 3/4/17
Nintendo Entertainment System Toaster - Friday the 13th 10/13/17
Super Nintendo - Alien 3 12/30/2017
Nintendo 64 - Doom 64 11/11/17
Nintendo GameCube - Rampage: Total Destruction 2/4/2017
Nintendo Wii - Resident Evil 4 2/25/2017
Nintendo Wii U- Lego Dimensions 7/15/17
Nintendo Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 3/29/17, Super Mario Odyssey, Arms

Sega Master System - Double Dragon 12/28/2017
Sega Genesis Model 1 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 12/28/2017
Sega Genesis Model 2 - Streets of Rage 4/21/2017
Sega 32X - Doom 10/8/2017
Sega CD Model 2 - Keio Flying Squadron 11/23/2017
Sega Saturn - Vampire Hunter: Darkstalkers' Revenge 10/1/2017
Sega Dreamcast Sega Sports Edition - Sword of the Berserk: Gut's Rage 12/22/2017

PlayStation - Final Fantasy II 2/4/17
PlayStation 2 - Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers, Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, NeoGeo Battle Coliseum 12/23/2017
PlayStation 3 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 9/29/2017
PlayStation 4 - Dragon Quest Builders 1/28/17 Guilty Gear Revelator XRD

Microsoft Xbox - Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 9/3/2017
Microsoft Xbox 360 Star Wars Edition - Bioshock 8/12/17
Microsoft Xbox One - Gears of War Ultimate 7/28/17, Star Wars: Battlefront II

Game Boy - Castlevania: The Adventure 10/5/2017
Game Boy Advance SP Model - Sonic Advance 12/24/2017
Nintendo 3DS XL Model - Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow 10/1/2017

PlayStation Portable - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood 12/22/2017
PlayStation Vita - Gravity Rush 2/7/2017

PC / Windows - Brutal Doom 10/12/17

Arcade - Aliens: Extermination 1/26/2017, Jurassic Park Arcade


Retro Posters/Ads/Brochures - I love looking through these.


Retro Nostalgia - Random pics snapped from old magazines that really got my nostalgia flowing.


Retro Nostalgia #001
image
Retro Nostalgia #002
image
Retro Nostalgia #003
image
Retro Nostalgia #004
image
Retro Nostalgia #005
image
Retro Nostalgia #006
image
Retro Nostalgia #007
image
Retro Nostalgia #008
image
Retro Nostalgia #009
image
image
Retro Nostalgia #010
image
image
Retro Nostalgia #011
image
image
Retro Nostalgia #012
image
Retro Nostalgia #013
image
Retro Nostalgia #014
image
Retro Nostalgia #015
image
Retro Nostalgia #016
image
Retro Nostalgia #017
image
Retro Nostalgia #018
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #019
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #020
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #021
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #022
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #023
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #024
Coming Soon
Retro Nostalgia #025
Coming Soon


Game Rooms
Antipop's Game Room

DefaultGen's Game Room

ErickRPG's Game Room



KiltedGunstar's Game Room

sharif's Game Room

Wheels314's Game Room






This topic had many older posts which were moved here:

http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/retro-trade-thread...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-pce-s...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-pce-s...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-pce-s...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-pce-s...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-pce-s...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-snes-tg16-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...
http://gametz.com/Vintage_Games/rtt-nes-dour-sega-...

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#2)
DiamondDave wrote:
> You don't like Ebichu???? SHIN-CHAN?!??!

Shin Chan is fudging trash.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#3)
ErickRPG wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>> ErickRPG wrote:
> |>> Anyone need an OSSC?
> |>>
> |>> $170 shipped.
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> Crap.
>
> elaboration plz.
>
>

Would love to buy it. No spare monies.
DiamondDave
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
9-Jan(#4)
Gypsy wrote:
> DiamondDave wrote:
>> You don't like Ebichu???? SHIN-CHAN?!??!
>
> Shin Chan is fudging trash.

It is on a list of less than ten shows I can stand to watch in English.
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#5)
Gypsy wrote:
> ErickRPG wrote:
>> Gypsy wrote:
> |>> ErickRPG wrote:
>> |>> Anyone need an OSSC?
>> |>>
>> |>> $170 shipped.
>> |>>
>> |>>
> |>>
> |>> Crap.
>>
>> elaboration plz.
>>
>>
>
> Would love to buy it. No spare monies.

I see, thought maybe you JUST paid $220+ for one. Who knows maybe I'll still have it when you've got monies.

Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
9-Jan(#6)
ErickRPG wrote:
> Anyone need an OSSC?
>
> $170 shipped.
>

Eh?!


ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#7)
Lunar wrote:
> ErickRPG wrote:
>> Anyone need an OSSC?
>>
>> $170 shipped.
>>
>
> Eh?!

Well no longer need it. Got the DVO for the PS2, gamecube, and saturn. And since I'm selling the DC I don't need the VGA port (one of the main reasons I got it).

Gredler
Double Gold Good Trader
9-Jan(#8)
Gypsy wrote:
> Dragon Warrior does in fact suck.
image

you in fact suck! DW is a classic, playable start to finish in a few hours today, great game! played it a couple years ago to refresh my memory and loved it!
BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
9-Jan(#9)
Gypsy wrote:
> Dragon Warrior does in fact suck.

You are in fact WRONG!

Just an FYI about this one game. 😉
BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
9-Jan(#10)
Gypsy wrote:
> I know I'm late to the part but Lollipop Chainsaw is awesome. Fudge the IGN review.
>
> @BleedingViolet you should play this game if you haven't LOL

Lol it's one of the rare games I got on day one, and yes there are a lot of people needlessly comparing it to Bayonetta a game I had and couldn't actually get into when I first played it.

There is a TON of great things about Lollipop Chainsaw but it is a beat em up so its not like I'm surprised it got bad reviews. It's one of those games that I can't recommend to everyone but it's got great characters, great humor, killer soundtrack and it plays really well. It's just a blast.
Wheels617
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#11)
Ebichu is hilarious. Eb-ichu-mannnn. This show made one of my college friends so uncomfortable he left the room whenever it was on. True story.


DiamondDave wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>> DiamondDave wrote:
> |>> You don't like Ebichu???? SHIN-CHAN?!??!
>>
>> Shin Chan is fudging trash.
>
> It is on a list of less than ten shows I can stand to watch in English.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#12)
Wheels617 wrote:
> Ebichu is hilarious. Eb-ichu-mannnn. This show made one of my college friends so
> uncomfortable he left the room whenever it was on. True story.
>
>
> DiamondDave wrote:
>> Gypsy wrote:
> |>> DiamondDave wrote:
>> |>> You don't like Ebichu???? SHIN-CHAN?!??!
> |>>
> |>> Shin Chan is fudging trash.
>>
>> It is on a list of less than ten shows I can stand to watch in English.

Hadn't heard of this one. The fact that it's Gainax almost makes me want to try it.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#13)
BleedingViolet wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>> I know I'm late to the part but Lollipop Chainsaw is awesome. Fudge the IGN review.
>>
>> @BleedingViolet you should play this game if you haven't LOL
>
> Lol it's one of the rare games I got on day one, and yes there are a lot of people
> needlessly comparing it to Bayonetta a game I had and couldn't actually get into
> when I first played it.
>
> There is a TON of great things about Lollipop Chainsaw but it is a beat em up so
> its not like I'm surprised it got bad reviews. It's one of those games that I can't
> recommend to everyone but it's got great characters, great humor, killer soundtrack
> and it plays really well. It's just a blast.

Ha, I guess I was right in thinking it was right up your alley. So much so that you already have it lol.

I wouldn't really call it a beat em up. It's more like action hack n slash. I guess those are kind of a natural evolution from 2D beat em ups but they play so differently.
PlayYing
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
9-Jan(#14)
ErickRPG wrote:
> Anyone need an OSSC?
>
> $170 shipped.
>
>

Gimme!
DiamondDave
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 9-Jan(#15)
Wheels617 wrote:
> Ebichu is hilarious. Eb-ichu-mannnn. This show made one of my college friends so
> uncomfortable he left the room whenever it was on. True story.
>
>
> DiamondDave wrote:
>> Gypsy wrote:
> |>> DiamondDave wrote:
>> |>> You don't like Ebichu???? SHIN-CHAN?!??!
> |>>
> |>> Shin Chan is fudging trash.
>>
>> It is on a list of less than ten shows I can stand to watch in English.

I love Shin-Chan for the dub and I love Ebichu because it's a perfect anime. The art style is the only POSSIBLE negative that show has, the rest is solid gold. It's right up there with Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu for fudgearound shows.
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#16)
PlayYing wrote:
> ErickRPG wrote:
>> Anyone need an OSSC?
>>
>> $170 shipped.
>>
>>
>
> Gimme!

I would love ta "giveya" but I need monies raspberry. If serious though, submit offer. I am ready to sell.

Missile
Gold Good Trader
9-Jan(#17)
DiamondDave wrote:
>
> I think this is probably the only show of this kind that I will ever recommend to
> anyone, for reasons which will be evident by the time you have watched the intro
> and opening song.
Wheels617 wrote:
> Ebichu is hilarious. Eb-ichu-mannnn. This show made one of my college friends so
> uncomfortable he left the room whenever it was on. True story.

>Popute Pipikku
>Poputo no pikku
Oh no, i'm not falling for that old meme.
DiamondDave
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
9-Jan(#18)
I wish I could make animated gifs for the boss fights in Rage.
PlayYing
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
9-Jan(#19)
ErickRPG wrote:
> PlayYing wrote:
>> ErickRPG wrote:
> |>> Anyone need an OSSC?
> |>>
> |>> $170 shipped.
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> Gimme!
>
> I would love ta "giveya" but I need monies raspberry. If serious though, submit
> offer. I am ready to sell.
>
>
1.5 or 1.6? Remote?
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#20)
remote yes. Is it marked somewhere?

Wheels617
GameTZ Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 9-Jan(#21)
dvi or hdmi output? dvi = 1.5, hdmi = 1.6


ErickRPG wrote:
> remote yes. Is it marked somewhere?
>
>
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#22)
I simply have an HDMI connected to it so it's 1.6.

BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
9-Jan(#23)
Gypsy wrote:
> BleedingViolet wrote:
>> Gypsy wrote:
> |>> I know I'm late to the part but Lollipop Chainsaw is awesome. Fudge the IGN review.
> |>>
> |>> @BleedingViolet you should play this game if you haven't LOL
>>
>> Lol it's one of the rare games I got on day one, and yes there are a lot of people
>> needlessly comparing it to Bayonetta a game I had and couldn't actually get into
>> when I first played it.
>>
>> There is a TON of great things about Lollipop Chainsaw but it is a beat em up
> so
>> its not like I'm surprised it got bad reviews. It's one of those games that I
> can't
>> recommend to everyone but it's got great characters, great humor, killer soundtrack
>> and it plays really well. It's just a blast.
>
> Ha, I guess I was right in thinking it was right up your alley. So much so that you
> already have it lol.
>
> I wouldn't really call it a beat em up. It's more like action hack n slash. I guess
> those are kind of a natural evolution from 2D beat em ups but they play so differently.

Idk Juliet uses a lot more than just her chainsaw, but I would still consider Golden Axe a beat em up. And the original TMNT arcade game was a beat em up. That was fun! The Nes port was not nearly as good but in the arcade that's what I compared all future beat em ups too.

My point was that it feels like a beat em up (and other beat em ups are weapons based as well) to me but idk maybe you're right.
PlayYing
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
9-Jan(#24)
ErickRPG wrote:
> I simply have an HDMI connected to it so it's 1.6.
>
>

Offer sent

@Lunar about t be part of the ossc camp!
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#25)
BleedingViolet wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>> BleedingViolet wrote:
> |>> Gypsy wrote:
>> |>> I know I'm late to the part but Lollipop Chainsaw is awesome. Fudge the IGN
> review.
>> |>>
>> |>> @BleedingViolet you should play this game if you haven't LOL
> |>>
> |>> Lol it's one of the rare games I got on day one, and yes there are a lot of people
> |>> needlessly comparing it to Bayonetta a game I had and couldn't actually get into
> |>> when I first played it.
> |>>
> |>> There is a TON of great things about Lollipop Chainsaw but it is a beat em up
>> so
> |>> its not like I'm surprised it got bad reviews. It's one of those games that I
>> can't
> |>> recommend to everyone but it's got great characters, great humor, killer soundtrack
> |>> and it plays really well. It's just a blast.
>>
>> Ha, I guess I was right in thinking it was right up your alley. So much so that
> you
>> already have it lol.
>>
>> I wouldn't really call it a beat em up. It's more like action hack n slash. I
> guess
>> those are kind of a natural evolution from 2D beat em ups but they play so differently.
>
> Idk Juliet uses a lot more than just her chainsaw, but I would still consider Golden
> Axe a beat em up. And the original TMNT arcade game was a beat em up. That was fun!
> The Nes port was not nearly as good but in the arcade that's what I compared all
> future beat em ups too.
>
> My point was that it feels like a beat em up (and other beat em ups are weapons based
> as well) to me but idk maybe you're right.

I get where you are coming from but to me games like this, devil may cry and god of war are so far removed from stuff like golden axe. It is a fairly natural evolution to 3D but there are so many more gameplay options. I just cleared another level. So good.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#26)
Wheels617 wrote:
> dvi or hdmi output? dvi = 1.5, hdmi = 1.6
>
>
> ErickRPG wrote:
>> remote yes. Is it marked somewhere?
>>
>>

Nice avatar.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#27)
If anyone recognizes my avatar I will give you a gift.
JD
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#28)
I even got lollipop chainsaw I haven't played it yet now you guys talking about makes me want to play
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
9-Jan(#29)
I've kinda always wanted to as well lol.. maybe will get it sometime.

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#30)
In the last level I played there were a couple sequences where I was running over zombies in a combine. That just about sums up this game.
Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
9-Jan(#31)
PlayYing wrote:
> ErickRPG wrote:
>> I simply have an HDMI connected to it so it's 1.6.
>>
>>
>
> Offer sent
>
> @Lunar about t be part of the ossc camp!

yes yes


JD
350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 9-Jan(#32)
Gypsy only if app would let you zoom I can't see avatar on small ass iPhone tho
Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
9-Jan(#33)
dunno001
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#34)
Noid wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>> Dragon Warrior does in fact suck.
>
> I'm ah gonna give you to the count of three: one, two, ... angry

And I'll say three! DW1 was the game that made me fall in love with RPGs. I still remember when I was a kid, we got up to level 30, but could never find the grave. I played that game so much even in more modern times, that I could do the swamp cave torchless in both directions (fairly common), AND get all the treasures in the mountain cave without a torch. (For the record, I'm referring to the NES version. The GB port was too easy.)

dunno001
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#35)
Gypsy wrote:
> Probably so. It was very easy to get lost in DQ VII. You could play 70+ hours and
> still be on disc one. A fast (but normal/not a speed run) playthrough would seriously
> probably be about 90-100 hours.

Should be doable in less fairly easily. I took about 107 hours to clear it. I do think that 7 is a weak entry, and will suggest anyone playing it on the PS1 to use a shard FAQ. (Those were a little too obtuse at times to find that one shard you need, especially when it ties to an event 4 areas back...)

If I were to rank the mainline games, it would be, from best to worst:
4, 9, 6, 3, 8, 5, 2, 1, 7

dunno001
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#36)
DiamondDave wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>> DiamondDave wrote:
> |>> You don't like Ebichu???? SHIN-CHAN?!??!
>>
>> Shin Chan is fudging trash.
>
> It is on a list of less than ten shows I can stand to watch in English.

Ehh... I don't really care for Shin-chan myself either; not my type of humor. But, for what I think the best dub is, it's hands down Nerima Daikon Brothers.

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#37)
Ghost Stories dub is straight fire. Lol.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
9-Jan(#38)
dunno001 wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>> Probably so. It was very easy to get lost in DQ VII. You could play 70+ hours
> and
>> still be on disc one. A fast (but normal/not a speed run) playthrough would seriously
>> probably be about 90-100 hours.
>
> Should be doable in less fairly easily. I took about 107 hours to clear it. I do
> think that 7 is a weak entry, and will suggest anyone playing it on the PS1 to use
> a shard FAQ. (Those were a little too obtuse at times to find that one shard you
> need, especially when it ties to an event 4 areas back...)
>
> If I were to rank the mainline games, it would be, from best to worst:
> 4, 9, 6, 3, 8, 5, 2, 1, 7
>
>

I liked 8 more than you but otherwise fairly close...

dunno001 wrote:
> Noid wrote:
>> Gypsy wrote:
> |>> Dragon Warrior does in fact suck.
>>
>> I'm ah gonna give you to the count of three: one, two, ... angry
>
> And I'll say three! DW1 was the game that made me fall in love with RPGs. I still
> remember when I was a kid, we got up to level 30, but could never find the grave.
> I played that game so much even in more modern times, that I could do the swamp cave
> torchless in both directions (fairly common), AND get all the treasures in the mountain
> cave without a torch. (For the record, I'm referring to the NES version. The GB port
> was too easy.)
>
>

I have no desire to play 1-3 at this point. My nostalgia point with jrpgs is a lot different. Lunar EBC was actually one of the first ones I played if memory serves. So a lot of my early JRPG plays were PS1 and PS2. I absolutely loved Digital Devil Saga and stuff like Disgaea and Vanguard Bandits pulled me into strategy rpgs. I had played a lot of rpgs before that, but none were Japanese. I never did like that jrpgs typically offer you zero gameplay choices that impact the story and/or your character.
Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
10-Jan(#39)
I only beat DW7...so I can't comment on the other ones. That friggin game took me 130 hours. Thank god it was back when I had plenty of time. I don't think I could finish nowadays. I might...it would take me like 3 years.

BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
10-Jan(#40)
Gypsy wrote:
> In the last level I played there were a couple sequences where I was running over
> zombies in a combine. That just about sums up this game.

Only as far as humor goes but it is a lot more interesting than just that.

I mean cmon sparkle rainbow chainsaw finishers?!? So effing fun!
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan(#41)
Lunar wrote:
> I only beat DW7...so I can't comment on the other ones. That friggin game took me
> 130 hours. Thank god it was back when I had plenty of time. I don't think I could
> finish nowadays. I might...it would take me like 3 years.
>
>

Only beat one Dragon Quest game, picked the worst one. Never lucky feelsbadman.

8 and 9 are pretty alright. Of course, you know I exp modifier cheated in both lol.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan(#42)
BleedingViolet wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>> In the last level I played there were a couple sequences where I was running over
>> zombies in a combine. That just about sums up this game.
>
> Only as far as humor goes but it is a lot more interesting than just that.
>
> I mean cmon sparkle rainbow chainsaw finishers?!? So effing fun!

Yeah, gotta bash em with your pom poms and get your sparkle meter up. LOL
BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
10-Jan(#43)
Gypsy wrote:
> BleedingViolet wrote:
>> Gypsy wrote:
> |>> In the last level I played there were a couple sequences where I was running
> over
> |>> zombies in a combine. That just about sums up this game.
>>
>> Only as far as humor goes but it is a lot more interesting than just that.
>>
>> I mean cmon sparkle rainbow chainsaw finishers?!? So effing fun!
>
> Yeah, gotta bash em with your pom poms and get your sparkle meter up. LOL

Makes me wanna open up and play my sealed Killer is Dead special edition JUST because Lollipop Chainsaw was so good.
DiamondDave
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 10-Jan(#44)
C'mon, the best Suda51's clearly No More Heroes. Gives your strong hand a good work-out.
Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
10-Jan(#45)
Now that we are 1/3 way into the month and 10 days into the new year, what's the collective feeling on the next month's game?

Like a more "modern" game: PlayStation or Nintendo 64? or PlayStation 2 or Microsoft Xbox?

Or are we going back to old-er school?

I'm afraid PCE might be too l33t or obscure? ....or not?

DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews Secret Santa
10-Jan(#46)
dunno001 wrote:
> If I were to rank the mainline games, it would be, from best to worst:
> 4, 9, 6, 3, 8, 5, 2, 1, 7
>

Any DQ1 defenders want to put DQ1 above even half of the other DQ games? (Or FF, PS, Tales, etc) Or is it a great JRPG, just every other JRPG out there is greater than it raspberry

dunno001
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan(#47)
DefaultGen wrote:
> dunno001 wrote:
>> If I were to rank the mainline games, it would be, from best to worst:
>> 4, 9, 6, 3, 8, 5, 2, 1, 7
>>
>
> Any DQ1 defenders want to put DQ1 above even half of the other DQ games? (Or FF,
> PS, Tales, etc) Or is it a great JRPG, just every other JRPG out there is greater
> than it raspberry

Being ranked lowly in a series of great doesn't make it a bad game. However, thinking about it more closely, I actually might put DQ1 above half the FF games.

BleedingViolet
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
10-Jan(#48)
dunno001 wrote:
> DefaultGen wrote:
>> dunno001 wrote:
> |>> If I were to rank the mainline games, it would be, from best to worst:
> |>> 4, 9, 6, 3, 8, 5, 2, 1, 7
> |>>
>>
>> Any DQ1 defenders want to put DQ1 above even half of the other DQ games? (Or FF,
>> PS, Tales, etc) Or is it a great JRPG, just every other JRPG out there is greater
>> than it raspberry
>
> Being ranked lowly in a series of great doesn't make it a bad game. However, thinking
> about it more closely, I actually might put DQ1 above half the FF games.
>
>

The only reason I can't put it above any final fantasy games is because I still haven't given any FF games a chance.

But even though I have to admit that for me the DW1 nostalgia factor is very high for me, I actually played DQ8 on 3ds and later DW1 and as much as I loved all the cool new stuff in DQ8 I was having even more fun playing DW1.

But in a WAY I get default and gypsys points that were it not for strictly nostalgia I might have never picked up Dragon Warrior again. But despite that being said if you gave it a try and never played it before I would think most people would still give it a solid 7 out of 10 if they played it all the way through.

But again that's just my somewhat biased opinion I suppose.
creagan
Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan(#49)
Lunar wrote:
> Now that we are 1/3 way into the month and 10 days into the new year, what's the
> collective feeling on the next month's game?
>
> Like a more "modern" game: PlayStation or Nintendo 64? or PlayStation 2 or Microsoft Xbox?
>
> Or are we going back to old-er school?
>
> I'm afraid PCE might be too l33t or obscure? ....or not?
>
>

I don't think I ever beat Turok on the N64. That is one I have been wanting to break out. Does it hold up?
...maybe DK64
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan(#50)
DK64 is a pretty long collectathon. Don't get me wrong I love it, but I agree with the sentiment to having 10 hour games max. I say we hold off N64 games until N64 Classic comes out. Not only for my interest, but more people will have access to these games.

I vote for something on SNES!!

sharif
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Secret Santa
10-Jan(#51)
ErickRPG wrote:
> I vote for something on SNES!!
>
>

Why? Did you get a SNES Classic recently or something?


sailorneorune
GameTZ Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Gold Global Trader (7) Has Written 3 Reviews
10-Jan(#52)
Lunar wrote:
> [imgt w=32 h=22]https://i.imgur.com/uxUqBlf.png[/imgt]
>
>

Pika! grin

I vote for Kirby Super Star as February game of the month!

Noid
Gold Good Trader
* 10-Jan(#53)
Gypsy wrote:
> If anyone recognizes my avatar I will give you a gift.

That would be the one and only Calum MacPherson as the Village Idiot in The 10th Kingdom. "Hi! I'm the Village Idiot. My father was a moron. But, I'm only a half-wit." laughing out loud
PlayYing
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
10-Jan(#54)
sailorneorune wrote:
> Lunar wrote:
>> [imgt w=32 h=22]https://i.imgur.com/uxUqBlf.png[/imgt]
>>
>>
>
> Pika! grin
>
> I vote for Kirby Super Star as February game of the month!
>
>

Should be the highest completion percentage GOTM yet lol.

In honor of the new icon , my pick is Pokemon Snap.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
10-Jan(#55)
Lunar wrote:
> Now that we are 1/3 way into the month and 10 days into the new year, what's the
> collective feeling on the next month's game?
>
> Like a more "modern" game: PlayStation or Nintendo 64? or PlayStation 2 or Microsoft Xbox?
>
> Or are we going back to old-er school?
>
> I'm afraid PCE might be too l33t or obscure? ....or not?
>
>

there should be lots of short-ish games on those? ive never played pandemonium 2, but always wanted to. how long is crimson skies that's generally pretty well liked?



also on the dragon quest topic 8 is just so amazing, im hoping 11 can top it, but that's a tall order for me. 7 is also really good. admittedly I haven't played the older ones except 1 way back. I need to get on those ds versions at some point

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan(#56)
Noid wrote:
> Gypsy wrote:
>> If anyone recognizes my avatar I will give you a gift.
>
> That would be the one and only Calum MacPherson as the Village Idiot in The
> 10th Kingdom. "Hi! I'm the Village Idiot. My father was a moron. But, I'm only
> a half-wit." laughing out loud

love
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan(#57)
tonymack21 wrote:
> Lunar wrote:
>> Now that we are 1/3 way into the month and 10 days into the new year, what's the
>> collective feeling on the next month's game?
>>
>> Like a more "modern" game: PlayStation or Nintendo 64? or PlayStation 2 or Microsoft Xbox?
>>
>> Or are we going back to old-er school?
>>
>> I'm afraid PCE might be too l33t or obscure? ....or not?
>>
>>
>
> there should be lots of short-ish games on those? ive never played pandemonium 2,
> but always wanted to. how long is crimson skies that's generally pretty well liked?
>
>
>
> also on the dragon quest topic 8 is just so amazing, im hoping 11 can top it, but
> that's a tall order for me. 7 is also really good. admittedly I haven't played
> the older ones except 1 way back. I need to get on those ds versions at some point
>
>

Definitely plenty of shorter games. I don't think Crimson Skies would be a good choice but you can always suggest it and see if it gets votes.

For the people that want to play a strategy game like @BleedingViolet Vanguard Bandits is juuuust about short enough for this. I'd bet fast playing I could get it under 10 hours skipping any text. For most people though I'd lean towards 14-15 hours most likely.

Hell I'll throw my hat in the ring for Vanguard Bandits. I'd even play it again despite having beat the game like 7 times already (no joke).
DiamondDave
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
10-Jan(#58)
God I love this new brave Bitcoin era. Nvidia's making a 4K 120hz TV and I'm like "That's literally ridiculous, the cards to make this even remotely practical will not be consumer ready or priced for at least 3-4 years" and someone was like "ARE U ASLEEP, TITAN V CAN PLAY DOOM 2016 AT 120FPS 4K".

...Yeah... and it's only $3K... Don't even get me STARTED on what I think that TV price will end up being, considering they said "screw it" and threw an Nvidia Shield in it.
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan(#59)
Don't be a tight wad @DiamondDave $3,000 is definitely average consumer priced. rolls eyes
DiamondDave
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
10-Jan(#60)
That's not even PRETENDING to be consumer-priced. Fudge, remember when the Titan originally launched at $1K and everyone was like "HOLY CRAP, NO FUDGING WAY" and now we're throwing $500 at a video card going "Eh, wish I had another $300."
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan(#61)
Yeah I'm in this pickle myself where I'm trying to find a video card for this tower while trying to find one that doesn't make me feel like crap for buying it.
DiamondDave
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 10-Jan(#62)
I'd say either go with a GTX 1080 (the 1070's no longer good bang for buck at current market prices, best to abandon ship) because it just fudging smashes everything you throw at it, or hide and watch, see what the 11XX series brings and hope you can actually get one of the initial allotments. Personally I decided it'd be less grey hairs to just pick up the 1080 at a decent price, had a 10% off coupon from Best Buy that shaved off taxes and made it workable.

And obviously don't buy used if you can help it. Unless it's from me. Then buy used all day.
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
* 10-Jan(#63)
Gypsy wrote:
> tonymack21 wrote:
>> Lunar wrote:
> |>> Now that we are 1/3 way into the month and 10 days into the new year, what's
> the
> |>> collective feeling on the next month's game?
> |>>
> |>> Like a more "modern" game: PlayStation or Nintendo 64? or PlayStation 2 or Microsoft Xbox?
> |>>
> |>>
>>
>> there should be lots of short-ish games on those? ive never played pandemonium
> 2,
>> but always wanted to. how long is crimson skies that's generally pretty well
> liked?


> Definitely plenty of shorter games. I don't think Crimson Skies would be a good choice
> but you can always suggest it and see if it gets votes.
>
> For the people that want to play a strategy game like @BleedingViolet Vanguard Bandits
> is juuuust about short enough for this. I'd bet fast playing I could get it under
> 10 hours skipping any text. For most people though I'd lean towards 14-15 hours most
> likely.
>
> Hell I'll throw my hat in the ring for Vanguard Bandits. I'd even play it again despite
> having beat the game like 7 times already (no joke).

i didn't realize it could be done in under 20 hours, that's not too bad.

how long is growlanser generations? probably considerably longer?



DiamondDave wrote:
> God I love this new brave Bitcoin era. Nvidia's making a 4K 120hz TV and I'm like
> "That's literally ridiculous, the cards to make this even remotely practical will
> not be consumer ready or priced for at least 3-4 years" and someone was like "ARE
> U ASLEEP, TITAN V CAN PLAY DOOM 2016 AT 120FPS 4K".
>
> ...Yeah... and it's only $3K... Don't even get me STARTED on what I think that TV
> price will end up being, considering they said "screw it" and threw an Nvidia Shield
> in it.

ya im interested to see how this tv stacks up, the built in shield is super cool, but they'll likely add $150+ for that, though it makes it a top contender for best smart tv on the market with that i would think.





Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 10-Jan(#64)
Growlanser 2 and 3 should be around 20 hours each. There's a lot of hidden stuff in those games. Muuuuch shorter than Wayfarer or Heritage though.

I might try Wayfarer of Time for my PSP game this year if I can stomach the ultra-stiff translation.
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan(#65)
I just bought Growlanser generations for PS2. Won't be getting around to it for quite a while, but a mint copy showed up for $23 shipped which is a good deal.

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan(#66)
Anyone interested in a BeharBros Akura box before I eBay it?
Lunar
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 800 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader
10-Jan(#67)
I love that you can hop around in Celceta. Fudge take forever to walk around.

ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan(#68)
Lunar wrote:
> I love that you can hop around in Celceta. Fudge take forever to walk around.

Yep pretty cool, I just enjoyed that game thoroughly. Very big world. I like the current style of open world where you walk there first by foot, then unlock fast travel. Very nice.

PlayYing
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
10-Jan(#69)
Lunar wrote:
> Now that we are 1/3 way into the month and 10 days into the new year, what's the
> collective feeling on the next month's game?
>
> Like a more "modern" game: PlayStation or Nintendo 64? or PlayStation 2 or Microsoft Xbox?
>
> Or are we going back to old-er school?
>
> I'm afraid PCE might be too l33t or obscure? ....or not?
>
>

But serious pick. BG&E , can play on a number of systems PS2/Xbox/Gamecube and steam?

Propaganda!!! (Just a little bit)
tonymack21
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 400 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 3 Reviews Secret Santa
10-Jan(#70)
BG&E is one of my top games ever.

its also playable on ps3, 360 and X1 with the HD remaster.

Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan(#71)
Baltimore Gas and Electric??
Gypsy
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Triple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan(#72)
@PlayYing you already got a VGA box?
DefaultGen
GameTZ Gold Subscriber Quadruple Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally Has Written 5 Reviews Secret Santa
10-Jan(#73)
ErickRPG wrote:
> Lunar wrote:
>> I love that you can hop around in Celceta. Fudge take forever to walk around.
>
> Yep pretty cool, I just enjoyed that game thoroughly. Very big world. I like the
> current style of open world where you walk there first by foot, then unlock fast
> travel. Very nice.
>

Pssht, Lunar did it in 1992. Speaking of though, I could vote for Ys III next month unless everyone's already played it.

PlayYing
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
10-Jan(#74)
Gypsy wrote:
> @PlayYing you already got a VGA box?

I got a toro from @Lunar , how does the Akura compare?

I'm getting a OSSC from ErickRPG, have mercy on my wallet!!!! (Or at least wait a week so I can get funds / shipments out from my auction)
DiamondDave
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 10-Jan(#75)
DefaultGen wrote:
> ErickRPG wrote:
>> Lunar wrote:
> |>> I love that you can hop around in Celceta. Fudge take forever to walk around.
>
>>
>> Yep pretty cool, I just enjoyed that game thoroughly. Very big world. I like
> the
>> current style of open world where you walk there first by foot, then unlock fast
>> travel. Very nice.
>>
>
> Pssht, Lunar did it in 1992. Speaking of though, I could vote for Ys III next month
> unless everyone's already played it.
>

I've got two boxed complete copies on Genesis ready to go if anyone's in the market and it gets picked, best version imo. PCE's probably second best other than the original PC-88, which I played through in its entirety in Japanese back when Ys VI released for Windows XP.

I highly recommend avoiding the SNES version if you can help it but it's still playable, just dumbed down and overall worse in all categories imo
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
10-Jan(#76)
@diamonddave I am in the market for boxed Ys III for gen. I'm not as picky on gen as long as it can be considered VG.

DiamondDave
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 10-Jan(#77)
ErickRPG wrote:
> @diamonddave I am in the market for boxed Ys III for gen. I'm not as picky on gen
> as long as it can be considered VG.
>

I'll snap some pics later tonight, I think I've got one that'd meet your standards.

I've got another one that's got some wavy crap going on in the front/back of the case and liner art if you're looking carefully, I'd consider that one G/VG. The cart and label are VG far as I can tell and the manual's also probably G/VG.
PlayYing
GameTZ Subscriber Gold Good Trader
10-Jan(#78)
Gypsy wrote:
> Baltimore Gas and Electric??

Beyond Good and Evil (the game not the book) , to prep us for upcoming games like BG&E 2 and KH3.
ErickRPG
GameTZ Subscriber Double Gold Good Trader Global Trader - willing to trade internationally
* 10-Jan(#79)
DiamondDave wrote:
> ErickRPG wrote:
>> @diamonddave I am in the market for boxed Ys III for gen. I'm not as picky on
> gen
>> as long as it can be considered VG.
>>
>
> I'll snap some pics later tonight, I think I've got one that'd meet your standards.
>
> (secure)">another one that's got some wavy crap going on in the front/back of the case
> and liner art if you're looking carefully, I'd consider that one G/VG. The cart
> and label are VG far as I can tell and the manual's also probably G/VG.

aawwwwesome. I put a ton of crap up for sale. Do you think you might find something interesting enough to swing a trade? That one looks fine, the kicker for me is the water damage or worn bottom part of the cover art. Everything else looks ok to me.

DiamondDave
GameTZ Gold Subscriber 350 Trade Quintuple Gold Good Trader Has Written 4 Reviews
* 10-Jan(#80)
Probably not at the moment, kinda looking for a buffer in my bank account for a couple days until my check comes in, just in case something I'm not paying attention to hits it before Saturday. But my buddy price for anyone here picking up a copy would be $50 shipped.

Topic   RTT Nintendo Entertainment System NEC PC Engine Duo-R Sega Mega Drive (Japan) Sega Saturn Sega Dreamcast Sega CD Nintendo 64 Sega Master System PlayStation PlayStation 2 Famicom Disk System