Comment: All of my games are NON-GH / NON-PC unless specifically stated otherwise.I will NOT accept disc only games. No exceptions. For cartridge games, I will accept cart only for NES, SNES, N64, Gameboy, Gameboy Color. Gameboy Advance will be a case by case basis. I will NOT accept cart only for DS or 3DS games. No exceptions.
Interests: Anime, Sega, Nintendo, Zelda, Castlevania, Metroid
- Monday, June 18, 2007
- Thursday, February 14, 2008
- Saturday, May 17, 2008
- Friday, August 22, 2008
- Tuesday, March 9, 2010
- Tuesday, March 8, 2011
SYSTEMS I OWN:
SYSTEMS I WANT: New 3DS XL, Wii U
Greetings to you all. Thanks for visiting my bio page.
First off - If I've got something you want but you don't have anything on my wanted list, you can shoot me an offer for money. Alternately, let me know what I have that you want, and I'll check your list. Sometimes I'll find something I want that's not listed, and we can start negotiating a trade.
As far as my collection goes - the games on there are games I either am not done with yet or haven't started. As such, if you decide to send me an offer for something in my collection that I haven't listed as "available," it's much more likely that I'll decline, simply because I want to play/finish the game first. As the GTZ FAQ explains, the collection is there mainly for bragging rights, and that's what I use it for.
As for my policies, they're pretty much the same as anyone else. My specifics are as follows:
1. Delivery Confirmation is a must. If you don't get DC when you send, the item is completely your liability; that is if it gets lost in the mail, I will expect a return of my items or a suitable replacement based on a mutual agreement.
2. I don't mind if a game I receive is Player's Choice, Greatest Hits, etc. I realize however that the non-PC/GH versions of a game may be more valuable, so I will consider this in my trades, whether I am sending or receiving a PC/GH game.
3. My default shipping method is First Class.
As video games don't meet the USPS requirements for Media Mail, I will not send video games using it. If an item I am shipping is too heavy for First Class, I will send by the cheapest option available (which is Priority Mail surprisingly often).
4. Just like most other people, I stand by the policy of "lower feedback sends first." However, unlike most people, I stand by this policy even when buying/selling
. In other words, if I'm selling a game to you and you've got more feedback, I'll send the game before I get payment. Alternately, if I'm buying from you and I have more feedback, I'll expect the game before I send payment. I do this because, technically, a sale is simply a trade of goods/services for money.
5. I do not accept cash, the reason being that it's completely untraceable. I trust that if you tell me you've sent, you have indeed sent, but if the money were somehow to get lost in the mail (it does
happen), there's no way for you to get it back. It's not my problem if you send cash in the mail and it gets lost.
Be smart and send a money order, check, or best of all, PayPal.
6. When sending, I can't always ship the same or next day of the trade creation date, and I know some other people can't either. As such, I consider 5 days a very generous and reasonable amount of time in which I expect you to ship, and you can expect the same from me. Exceptions will be discussed and duly noted in the trade messages.
If there are ever any problems with a trade (couldn't ship when you said you would, item turned out to be in much worse condition than you thought, etc.), let me know. I'm a very understanding person, I promise. As long as you keep me updated, I'm very pleasant. If, however, I never hear from you as to your side of the trade, that's a completely different story.