Getting Started Guide
Here's a guide to what you need to know to start trading here.
Know the Rules
Please read the rules page: http://gametz.com/Rules.html This site has strictly enforced rules against pirating, using more than one account, using offensive language, and sending unsolicited emails to other users. If you violate these rules, it is very likely that your account will be suspended.
Enter Your Information
Once you sign on, the first thing you'll want to do is enter your user page information.
- My Account Page - Click the "My Account" link on the navigation bar. This will allow you to modify some of the important attributes of your account.
- Bio Page - The bio page allows you to have an image that represents yourself, give your birthday, sex, interests, turn-ons and turn-offs, homepage and favorite links as well as a comment for whatever else you want to say.
- Password - New accounts have a random password, which can be hard to remember. It's usually a good idea to set your password to something that you'll remember more easily.
- Enter Your Stuff - To add items to your wanted and available lists, just search for it, then use the add links on the results. This will put them on your user page and into the results of searches and matches.
- Check it Out - You can always check what your user page looks like by clicking the "My Listing" link. The items you added to your wanted and available lists can be seen by clicking the "Games", "Music", "Movies" or "Books" sub-menus.
Now that your user page is set up, you are ready to start finding people to trade with.
- My Matches - This feature will compare your wanted and available lists against all the other users. It will find people who want what you have and have what you want.
- Search - You can directly search the database of items by clicking the Items link (first link on the main navigation bar).
- Forums - Use the Forums to find deals that other users are making.
- Chat - Often trades can be made very quickly, live, in our chat system.
- Making an Offer - Once you find someone who you'd like to trade with (you have what they want, and they want what you have), you'll want to contact them. Is the "make offer" links available on the site (next to matches and search results) to get an offer started.
- Important Tips - Be clear about what you're trading and the condition of the items being traded. Reply promptly to messages and be sure to stay in close contact until the trade is completed. Review the other trader's user page, especially their ratings, bio comment and trade history.
- Beware - While most trades go off without a hitch, sometimes things don't go as planned. In rare cases, the other trader may be intentionally trying to rip you off. Use caution when dealing with another user who: has few completed trades, has few or poor ratings, uses different aliases, has bad trader reports, has many uncompleted pending trades, makes unreasonable demands that you send first, or is offering an impossible to resist but expensive deal. If a trade seems a little fishy to you, post in the forums about it to get advise from other traders. Let the stars be your guide. GameTZ provides a system where reliable people get stars for being good traders. We recommend that you trade mostly with star traders when you're just starting out.
- Sending Items - Usually items being traded are sent via regular mail. Tracking usually costs a small extra amount. If you're sending valuable items, you should consider using insurance.
- Reporting a Trade - Once an offer is agreed upon, a pending trade report is created and shown on your "My Trades" page. All trades start in the "pending" state. Once you each get your end of the deal in the mail, you "complete" the trade on the "My Trades" page. Once both sides have completed the trade, the trade becomes a "completed trade" and you both rate each other.
Subscribing to GameTZ is optional and voluntary. You don't need to subscribe to use GameTZ's trading system, forums, or chat. For GameTZ regulars, we offer a subscription that provides various extra features. Subscribers can turn off advertisements, use color schemes, have a forum avatar and signature. Also, they get a personal forum and can make use of filters among other things.
For more information on how to subscribe see this page: http://gametz.com/Subscribe.html.
Where to Get More Help
- Site_Feedback - This forum: http://gametz.com/forum/Site_Feedback allows anyone to ask questions, report problems, or make suggestions about this web site. You can post a message to ask your question here and it will be answered. You may also email GameTZ moderators directly: .
- Other Help Pages - See the main help page: http://gametz.com/About.html for links to other help pages.